Okta

Okta is an on-demand identity and access management service for web based applications, both in the cloud and behind the firewall

Work for Okta?

Learning about Okta?

Okta Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 196 Okta reviews
Okta review by <span>Omar W.</span>
Omar W.

"Very Useful dashboard"

What do you like best?

Okta keeps all my work related and personal sites easily accessible and makes a single sign-on experience for them all. The 2 factor authentication outside of my network is a big plus. Once a site and it's credentials are added, I can update easily as needed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the prompts via my browser can be intrusive, but once I decline it for a site, it does not come back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a user base of varying comfort levels with technology and password management, this is good solution that will satisfy beginners and your more security minded savvy users and IT department

WIth Okta, I do not have to worry about remembering every site and password that I need to access, whether in my office or mobile, and it is not overly complicated to manage.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Okta
Okta review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Okta SSO Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, point your employees to a URL and enjoy not having to manage everything for every employee with a fine tooth comb! We also enjoy being able to build custom "chiclets" for in house apps, never having to give employees credentials to access certain features, and removing access without having to involve a user or their end point. This product has saved a lot of headaches and time.

What do you dislike?

There's not too much to dislike about the product, but be ready to customize the "chiclets" for in house apps. I don't see a way around this issue, but their support was helpful when we had some small issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan out your apps, confirm that they work with Okta natively. Go over AD setup with Okta beforehand so you're ready for a smooth transition.

Not having to give out credentials to certain 3rd party or in house apps to end users. Ease of removing access when employees leave, reduced time spent with onboarding/offboarding.

What Single Sign On (SSO) solution do you use?

Okta review by <span>Kelsey H.</span>
Kelsey H.

"An inconsistent internal rollout prevented me from fully maximizing"

What do you like best?

When used properly, password-storing tools like Okta help users create varied, complex passwords that are much more secure. Without a tool like this, many are probably inclined to re-use the same password across multiple accounts. This allows for better security, two-factor authentication, and (I presume) better account provisioning and controls so IT/HR can collaborate to ensure former employees are removed from all accounts.

What do you dislike?

It isn't as intuitive as I would have expected. It pops up unprompted via chrome extension when I'm not logging in, but just filling out a form, for example, then doesn't pop up when I do want it to log in. They have so many integrations/plug ins that sometimes it is hard to tell which is the proper one (I think there are >5 SFDC versions, for some reason there were two versions/options of abacus, one of which never worked for me?) I've had some glitchy issues where I've updated and saved a password and then there are duplicate log ins saved or it doesn't default to the correct one. All of this may be user error, but I have sat down with IT once to try to better use the tool and we didn't get very far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clear training and team-wide deploy! I was at my company before we bought Okta and I believe new employees receive some training during on boarding, but I seemed to miss best practices and I think my ability to maximize my use of the tool has suffered for it.

Account provisioning, account security, log in access.

Okta review by User

"Solves a problem, but adds new complexity"

What do you like best?

Having one place to log into things is nice. It's especially helpful in our case when we have many services to log into, some of which use shared passwords. Previously we had an encrypted lookup script for these cases, so having it integrated into the browser is helpful.

What do you dislike?

Adding SAML to everything when the world seemed to be moving to OAuth has added a lot of complexity. Extra support had to be integrated into our software for it to function fully. It does not support Basic Authentication. Most annoying, the Firefox addon does not work in the nightly builds of Firefox at all -- a nonsensical error message appears instead. The UI is often confusing -- you can't tell which items are generic services where you have to save your own password vs ones where the company has set them up for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is this the right software for the job or just adding Enterprise complexity?

We have a lot of online and cloud based services to log into. We can do this from one place, and it allows us easy login options to places that

Okta review by <span>Jacob J.</span>
Jacob J.

"Okta helps me keep all my passwords in one place, without looking at them"

What do you like best?

I like that I don't have to enter in my passwords over and over again. once I enter them in and they are in Okta, I only have one password to remember. I can pretty much forget all of my passwords and Okta will just remember them and put them in the appropriate fields for me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it pops up every time I put a password in. If there was a way for me not to have to click anything and for it to just save it automatically with no pop-ups, that would be awesome! Everything else is pretty great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, it will save you a lot of time logging into things!

Where I work, there are a lot of different systems and sometimes it can take forever to be able to go from platform to platform because of all of the login gates. With Okta, I don't really have to worry about logging in, which cuts down on the time I take switching between platforms throughout my workflow.

Okta review by <span>Nickolas P.</span>
Nickolas P.

"One password to rule them all!"

What do you like best?

I love that I only have to remember one password, and only have to sign in to a single page. Also, the interface on the landing page / dashboard is very clean and intuitive. Not cumbersome or confusing to use.

What do you dislike?

Not all of the products/platforms that we use in the office are supported by Okta; or offer any sort of SAML / SSO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's quite simple to deploy and roll out to your team(s), and the interface couldn't be easier.

We are streamlining integration between multiple platforms by utilizing a central navigation hub. Employees can login to Okta and can use other company tools with a single click.

Okta review by <span>Rupert T.</span>
Rupert T.

"Good single sign on software"

What do you like best?

Makes it very easy to sign in for all my work applications and software from my work and personal devices.

What do you dislike?

Had one significant outage which made it impossible to sign in for a few hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user I've found it extremely easy to use. I'm not sure of what it's like for the implementation but it's certainly made life easier as a user.

Allows me to work from both work devices and personal devices which has been extremely useful on sick days where I didn't know I'd be working from home.

Okta review by <span>Erica C.</span>
Erica C.

"Perfect solution"

What do you like best?

That is always just works. I don't have to babysit it at all.

We've been using okta for over 2 years now. It's fantastic. okta continues to move forward in ease of use and innovation. I am very glad we use them.

What do you dislike?

That it doesn't support Flash logins. But really, who even uses that anyway.

There aren't a lot of apps that construction companies use that Okta has already built connections to. The process for getting them to do that is a little biased.

Too many passwords

authorization and now even content management.

Okta review by <span>Jared M. G.</span>
Jared M. G.

"Not a bad experience, but hard to tell what Okta does"

What do you like best?

Okta seems to be a platform housing many other apps used in business. Beyond that, it's sort of difficult to tell what aspects of these apps Okta controls vs. what they merely house. From what I can tell, it runs pretty smoothly and can manage many different apps without a problem.

What do you dislike?

The main flaw with Okta comes with the logging in and out of the software. I am constantly being logged in and out with no rhyme or reason, and I'll often need to provide two-step security verification even when I've used the same computer in the same location for months straight. Sure, this is for security, but it can get annoying. Sometimes, if I choose to log out, I'll actually need to log myself in first for some reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems to be perfectly fine for what it offers. I am not too familiar with the competition or alternative services to tell if it is better or worse than those.

It's much easier to access all kinds of software and apps when they are housed in Okta. Though I must admit, I am not sure what aspects of the experience are Okta's as opposed to the apps themselves'.

Okta review by <span>Kevin K.</span>
Kevin K.

"Best Solution for SSO Windows 7/10 Enterprise"

What do you like best?

I like that you can integrate AD account creation and tie it to an okta group so it then creates the AD/email/okta account all under the same sso

What do you dislike?

I dislike the variety of apps available, although it's great I would just like more

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using okta for solving SSO/onboarding issues. Okta really helps reduce the overall time it takes for admins to onboard users and gives the user a rather intuitive experience and giving them the illusion of control.

We are solving the time it takes onboarding users to our systems, without this benefit onboarding users would be a lot more time consuming and overall waste more company resources.

"Easy, Clean, Clear"

What do you like best?

Clear formatting and organization. Mobile compatible. Management features. Navigation throughout Okta is easy and never confusing. Perfect for the tech savvy and tech illiterate. Both visuals and text available for navigation and clarity.

What do you dislike?

Repetative applications cant be removed by employees. Only admins can edit application options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Okta is very user friendly and easy to navigate. If your company uses a lot of different applications, okta is a great tool to keep them all in one place for employee convenience.

Okta is solving employee benefits, resources, and timesheet tracking, access, and management. It is very easy for employees to keep their information orderly and track things suck as PTO, referals, guests, etc. while also submitting relavant information to necessary parties.

Okta review by <span>Chris S.</span>
Chris S.

"Okta Mobility Management "

What do you like best?

Ease of use, ease of administration! Manages just the right amount of features for our users to make the IT department happy, and lets our users feel like they are still in control of their devices. Great extension of their desktop SaaS solution for Android and iOS devices.

What do you dislike?

I wish that 3rd party apps would update faster to be compatible with the Okta Mobile app. Apps like Asana, which our users need on a daily basis, will not allow for the push through of passwords from the Okta mobile app to the Asana mobile app, making the whole experience on mobile cumbersome.

We didn't have to train our users too much on how to use Okta mobile because they were already using the Desktop client daily, and as an admin, managing Okta Mobility Management is a seamless experience just like managing the Desktop client.

Okta review by <span>Joey S.</span>
Joey S.

"Simple and convenient "

What do you like best?

I really like the plugin to Chrome which allows me to access any of my Okta logins with one click. It's also nice having all of my work applications in one place.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really comes to mind. When you access Okta from a remote computer, there is an additional security step you need to take, but that is to be expected.

Ease of use and remote security. Okta ensures I am able to sign in to all of my critical business applications safely from any location.

Okta review by User in Internet

"Easy single sign on for all your work apps"

What do you like best?

My company uses Okta as our preferred SSO. So far, it has been a great experience. Okta makes it easy to connect all apps and just sign in once and be signed into everything at work. Additionally, the Okta phone app makes Okta phone verifications easy to use, allowing you to sign on from any computer.

What do you dislike?

My main complaint is that Okta makes you change your password every few months and you cannot use the same password again. While I understand why this is necessary, it is annoying to come up and remember a new password all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to connect all your apps through Okta, make sure you learn how to do so for a seamless experience!

Single sign on to all business software at work. Easy to work and manage all apps at once with Okta, it has definitely worked and improved the overall experience at work, making it more seamless.

Okta review by <span>Alex M.</span>
Alex M.

"Okta Product Review for Inside SaaS Sales "

What do you like best?

Its very easy to remember ONE password for all of my apps and accounts. Easy to use on multiple devices. Don't have to go back and sign out.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes annoying to have to verify a device via SMS used frequently. Forgetting your Okta password is kind of annoying (understandably so). Some apps or systems (ADP for example) don't work for me personally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DONT FORGET THE PASSWORD!!!

Allows me to operate more efficiently. I have to remember many passwords and usernames this eliminates that need.

Okta review by <span>Gustavo A.</span>
Gustavo A.

"No need to for a password file with OKTA"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the mobile app for OKTA. At time I do not want to log on to my laptop and with the mobile app, I can easily access everything i have saved in OKTA for work.

What do you dislike?

When i am using IE, it requires plug ins on most of the apps and that is somewhat annoying. But I usually use Chrome, where that is not an issue.

One stop shop. Able to run through all applications that i use everyday with one click.

Okta review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Mostly a user, but also support an Application on Okta - great from both perspectives."

What do you like best?

Okta is really easy to use from the user perspective - just click the app icon and then get launched into your application. It also support 2FA which is an absolute must these days for security. I also manage an application that is on Okta (Salesforce) which integrates with Okta very easily.

We also implemented Salesforce/Okta at my last job and it was very easy to get going- less than 1 day.

What do you dislike?

From the admin side, Okta doesn't support more complex Salesforce licensing permissions without more customization. Our company hasn't been able to figure this out yet, so we create the users from Okta and assign the initial profile, but not the more detailed "Groups" and "Permission" sets".

From the user perspective, I don't have any complaints.

One negative issue I experienced a couple months ago was that Okta went down for a couple hours - users could not access applications (even though the applications were running just fine).

Note that my review is focused on Employee SSO. Customer SSO is quite different.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Okta is one of the biggest SSO providers in the market, you will definitely want to consider them.

Have users only utilize a single username/password across all application. Increase security and control over who has access to various applications.

"OKTA for businesses"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, icons make it easy to find the app you are trying to use. Single sign-in makes my life a whole lot easier at work.

What do you dislike?

Some app displays are kind of hidden when it comes to the grey written description below them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has made the work day flow much quicker than without it.

E-mail, purchasing requisitions, and shipping of items. With a wide array of apps that can be accessed through Okta, it makes my day a whole lot easier than having to sign in to different sites to accomplish different goals.

Okta review by User in Computer Software

"One Stop Security Solution"

What do you like best?

When we think about SAML integrations, it can be fairly complex system to mange. But with help of OKTA, it's a piece of cake. After experience with other providers, OKTA stands in much higher in ranking. provides a good set of check and balances. Provisioning and de-provisioning can be fairly easy when compared with other competitors. The integration options and interface are so wide that you will run out of application but OKTA will not give up. For an end user it is very easy to adopt.

What do you dislike?

At times support can be challenging but you will get through it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give sufficient learning curve for the Admin guys to learn and then start with some easy application and diverse applications.Once they are ready with their experience then it is like plug n play and then the overall adding application to SSO becomes efficient and fast.

Single sign on authentication for all the application, common login across the application. Secured and robust authentication measures.

Okta review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Passwords and security all in one"

What do you like best?

Holy moly, remembering passwords is the worst. Not only do I not have to remember every.single.password for my work logins, but there's the added benefit of accessing everything when I'm not on my work computer, too. Adding/ requesting access to new products is also really easy! I can search all the products/software available, then request an account for a new app when I need it. By searching which products we already have as a company, I don't have to research new solutions or unnecessarily purchase new products.

What do you dislike?

Okta often acts like a required portal for me to access certain apps and products. For example, every time I want to open Dropbox, I must return to the Okta page. Even when I first go to Dropbox, it sends me back to my company Okta page anyway. Also for some of the apps, there seems to be a required plugin (which seems totally old-fashioned) and without the plugin, it takes longer to log-in. I like the centralization that Okta provides, so forcing people to open the product first makes sense, even if it is an extra step every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our company uses Okta for single sign-on SSO, but it seems like Okta offers much more than that. I recommend using all the functionality because Okta already integrates with so many apps and products, it would help with centralization.

Time saving! I don't remember the last time I had to do a password reset for a work login. It's so nice to know I just open up one tab, and click on any app/product to open it up. It also saves time on requesting access to new software because it's built into Okta, and relays the message to IT.

Okta review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Okta is a great SSO product!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to sign in on multiple platforms and all the different products you can include on the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

It was a pain to get started, but that may have been my own experience. I have no real issues with okta!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest okta to others considering a SSO. With my role at a university, I have to use duo login and it is a much bigger pain. I like that Okta saves all my addresses so I can easily switch between websites and the push to the phone is very straighforward.

We are trying to keep our company and clients information safe and secure while minimizing stress on staff.

Okta review by User in Computer Software

"Easy to access everything in one place with single-sign-on from any device from anywhere"

What do you like best?

I love that it stores all my passwords from countless applications but at the same time it's still completely secure and only I can get into my programs.

What do you dislike?

I hate that it auto adds passwords and access info from every site I go to - sometimes it's lunch and I'm actually just trying to pay a bill from my bank account. I feel weird with that info auto saved into my okta account - that's not what it should be saving even if it is my work computer. After all, I could miss that it saved something!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have trouble accessing files from anywhere or you're still on VPN, this might be the solution you've been looking for!

Single-sign-on is definitely the main one from what I can tell

Okta review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Everything is one place"

What do you like best?

It syncs up with my Microsoft account so I only have to remember one password.

What do you dislike?

It is still a separate site that I wish could get integrated with my other existing accounts for work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think if you have a lot of separate accounts that your employees long into regularly and see if they would work with Okta. That has been the main benefit for us.

When we were acquired, we had to set up so many new accounts for our benefits, retirement accounts, etc. So Okta was at least one where all our benefits would be in one place with the same password we use to connect to the network.

Okta review by <span>Gabriel F.</span>
Gabriel F.

"Convenient... But also useless."

What do you like best?

One stop dashboard for several apps. The display is clean and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Little more than fancy "favorites" bar. In fact, I don't use Okta for that reason because I simply use my favorites bar in Chrome

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suppose it can help with password management, but few people use it and no one seems to notice or care.

The ability to sign in once for multiple apps... At least in theory.

The problem, though, is that I don't need it or use it. I add the sites I need to my favorites bar and then save the login information in Google Chrome. None of my colleagues use it anymore either.

Okta review by <span>Tanner G.</span>
Tanner G.

"Convenient mobile app for working remote"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to log into apps like google hangouts, email, salesforce, etc from a remote location on a secure server.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily care for having to re-sign in every two hours which is a security precaution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not sure of the other solutions available, but I would definitely recommend Okta if you need a mobile platform for secure networks and applications.

Okta has made it much easier for someone without a company laptop to receive communication and log into their email when they aren't in the office. This is very important during the winter when the weather can prevent us from getting to the office on time.

"Okta SSO is a godsend"

What do you like best?

Okta is used in my business to allow all users access to the many platforms and programs that are accessible by way of our intranet, by using one password, this is an invaluable resource!!

What do you dislike?

Okta is used in my organization to link all of our passwords on the cloud, it’s very intuitive, so I am not sure if there is anything that I dislike, considering my use and needs are fulfilled.

A single sign on allows one username and password for employees to keep track of. It keeps all of our programs accessible on the cloud and keeps employees from having to remember multiple websites and logins.

Okta review by <span>James M.</span>
James M.

"Saves time, frustration, allows admin capabilities, and keeps things secure"

What do you like best?

I can easily and quickly log into all of my apps, which saves valuable time and relieves me from remembering my 20+ passwords I use. My Okta admin can also provision me apps and do backend work for me, which is nice when pushing out updates for an entire team.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really. If there is a feature it's lacking, then I'm unaware of what it might be.

Security, time, scalability

Okta review by <span>Bart B.</span>
Bart B.

"Okta "

What do you like best?

The flexibility and ease of setting up Okta as a single sign on solution. Currently exploring the MDM side of Okta and its capabilities.

What do you dislike?

The MDM solution is not as robust as I would hope and integration with other technologies isn't up to par just yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MDM, SIngle SignOn Provisioning/Deprovisioning

Single sign on security and MDM solution for company deployed devices and BYOD!

"Excellent Integration"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, just give our employees the SSO URL and we're done. Fast and easy to deploy and assign new apps and practically every app we utilize in our organization is in Okta with a simple and straight forward guide. If a device gets lost/stolen it's very easy to remove the user from apps or even disable their access all together in case of termination. Their support is superb, call in and you are directed to an engineer within minutes.

What do you dislike?

We had one hiccup during deployment of a non-standard application that had some issues integrating with Okta, in the end it wasn't Okta's fault but that of the developer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a product that just "works" our of the box, Okta is it.

Having a single easy to manage login for our business applications. Now users no longer have to manage/balance multiple username/passwords for different sites and applications.

Okta review by <span>Kristin B.</span>
Kristin B.

"Oktamazing!"

What do you like best?

The Mobile Management piece is great! I have the end user install Okta Mobile, sign in, and BAM! their email is setup on their phone.

On their computer, we have Okta set as everyone's homepage. They open Chrome, (sign in if necessary) and all their stuff is just right there. One click and you're good.

What do you dislike?

I don't think this is a real question. What's to dislike?? The answer - nothing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to at least try Okta. I promise, you will love it.

Things are just easy. If their email starts to mess up on their phone..Open the Okta Mobile app, reinstall iOS configuration. Just like magic, their email is fixed.

Starting the work day is much faster and much more efficient for our end users. No more having to remember a different password for every different website you use...or WORSE...having a piece of paper under your keyboard with all your passwords written on it.

Okta review by <span>Graham P.</span>
Graham P.

"Reason Okta is the key player "

What do you like best?

Not only does Okta simplify enterprise SSO, but it’s a very end-user friendly IT product. The company app directory (in Oktas web app) makes it easy to login to the apps you wouldn’t necessarily bookmark due to periodic use as ServiceNow, Concur or DocuSign admin.

What do you dislike?

As with all portals, the app directory is very undiscoverable (you have to be interested enough to play around and add the chrome extension or else you don’t know they exist)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not just a solution to a problem but also a platform for other companies to launch SSO

One login. One profile. Keeping everything secure. Easy VPN access.

Okta review by <span>Stacy J.</span>
Stacy J.

"SSO for all, and for all, we can sleep at night!"

What do you like best?

Its a great SSO platform that is easy to implement and scale for your organization. It gives your organization the tools to empower your organization to be very effective without getting tripped up with password logins or resets.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve and a certain amount of training involved to get a buy-in from the end-users. There needs to be a good rollout plan or your users will not understand that this new system is going to make their lives a lot easier. Once they get over the curve, they will also become advocates.

Single-sign on for dozens of SAML apps, password unlocks and resets, 2 factor authentication. Employees are reporting less login issues and have been able to work seamlessly with various app logins.

Okta review by <span>Glenn E.</span>
Glenn E.

"Revolutionised our security and app usability"

What do you like best?

It works so reliably. We have nearly 100 cloud applications and systems in use here at Reward Gateway and we have all of them setup on OKTA. New joiners and leaves are all managed through OKTA and I think we'd literally be lost without it.

What do you dislike?

I'd love them to build more advanced rules for provisioning so we could nominate System Owners for certain apps and those owners could be setup to have to approve access to the systems that they own.

Our use of cloud services and platforms had grown and we had staff managing and remembering dozens of logins each. Many apps did not have multifactor authentication and we had some apps where passwords were being shared around the team. All of that was removed when we moved to OKTA. It's been a huge improvement to our security systems and has also made life much easier for all of our users.

Okta review by <span>Phil I.</span>
Phil I.

"Rock solid SSO with a lot of innovative extras"

What do you like best?

Excellent user experience for end users and admins

What do you dislike?

Delivery dates on features are often later than advertised

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe Okta is a company on the rise. They provide a rock solid SSO solution with MFA included, but have expanded their offerings beyond just SSO. Critical to our business is their deep integrations with service providers like Microsoft, Google and SalesForce. This allows us to provision accounts directly from Okta rather than using one off, scheduled sync scripts which are running on a server no one knows about. They are also thought leaders in driving identity and strong authentication forward.

We were looking to move to a SAML 2.0 compliant SSO service while also replacing our on premises MFA solution. Okta met both of these requirements.

Okta review by <span>Scott L.</span>
Scott L.

"Accept no substitute."

What do you like best?

Support is stellar, ease of use 10/10. Definitely will hold your hand if you are concerned and their documentation sets you up for success.

What do you dislike?

SWA won't handle 3 field logins. I really have no other complaints at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save your time and money. Ping & Centrify just can't touch the ease and stability Okta offers.

WS-Fed to O365, SAML to ERP products, Salesforce. Remote password reset for industrial users. Single password for multiple services.

Okta review by <span>Steven D.</span>
Steven D.

"Okta just works, always."

What do you like best?

Okta has never been intrusive, just helpful and fast. It's easy to use, has an easy to remember URL, and saves me from needing to keep a set of bookmarks, which allows me to switch from one computer to another with minimal effort.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to exclude suggestions to save passwords for some sites permanently, especially if I am logging in to banking or other sites that save my credit card details.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Okta works well and has added new features in a timely fashion to keep us happy as clients.

Okta is used entirely for our SSO management inside the business. It allows secure access to the numerous web platforms that we use in a single location.

Administrator in Financial Services

"Easy to use, easy to administer"

What do you like best?

Tons of features and functionality, but great flexibility in how to use the platform. Policies for authentication, MFA and password management have a lot of variables and it's easy to set one policy for a specific app or group of users. Integrates well with AD, pushes group membership changes instantly.

What do you dislike?

The Okta Mobile app does not yet allow for login options other than user/pass.

SSO to majority of our business applications, strong MFA for sensitive applications, ability to layer on additional products and features to formulate a passwordless authentication strategy.

Okta review by <span>Lynley r.</span>
Lynley r.

"Okta is user-friendly and stable"

What do you like best?

I like the layout of okta and the ease of use it has. The mobile version is about as easy to use as the full desktop version.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing huge that I dislike. I use the mobile site most often, and it has never let me down.

It provides a user-friendly learning platform that can be used all over the world.

Okta review by <span>Sarah A.</span>
Sarah A.

"Let's me access work files from my phone "

What do you like best?

So okra is cool because if I'm at a conference or otherwise away from the office, I can literally access all my files on my phone. You could do this with google apps too, but what I like about okra is its a separate app, so I can access work files on my personal mobile devices without connecting my personal and professional google accounts. Okra gives me access to my files, box, and other important info I tend to need to pull up in remote meetings and while networking and so forth.

What do you dislike?

Okta is clunky in the sense it has a lot of verification steps. Not tons, but just a lot of clicks you have to get through. Yu have to enter your code super fast or else it times out and you get another, so it can add some pressure there, but not a whole bunch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have google you might find Okta redundant for information access, but it is pretty neat to have both.

I can access files remotely. That's the really big benefit here. Ivan show coworkers files in their office or at lunch or conferences without carrying a clunky computer.

"OKTA"

What do you like best?

It's great to see all of our tools and apps in one place and be auto-logged in.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Maybe just nicer graphics. I haven't really explored all the features yet but I do hope to be trained on them soon. Everything I need for right now though as a user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great!

Efficiency and time saving of navigating between apps. Sreamlined logins saves a lot of time, also good for new hires to be quickly onboarded onto several apps at once and see right away what tools you have available to you.

Okta review by Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity
Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Excellent, Cannot fault!"

What do you like best?

Its easy to use. There is very good communication between the company support and ourselves. A very good SSO solution.

Okta Integration with Office365 is very easy to setup and the documentation is very easy to follow if you get stuck.

The mobile authentication through okta verify adds a great extra layer of authentication and is easy to configure.

Overall i cannot complain, from the setup to the customization of the okta home pages it is all very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to come across much/anything to really dislike with okta. I must admit it is one of the software that we use where i don't talk to the reps or deal with the money side of it, but from the management to the customization i cannot find fault.

The mobile authentication can sometimes be a little temperamental when resetting or changing somebody over to a new phone.

SSO makes it easier for our users to not have to worry about multiple passwords, it takes the stress away for many employees.

The home page on okta makes it easy to set a default for all users, giving them a one-click option to go to everything they need helps speed up new users familiarity with our software greatly.

Okta review by <span>Jeff J.</span>
Jeff J.

"Security with Ease"

What do you like best?

So many things. The best thing would be how quick updates come out with new features and how much they listen to their customers. From EMM to SSO they do so much on a daily basis to help us admins server our customers better.

What do you dislike?

There really isnt much that i dislike. I know some other vendors may have some other bells and whistles that would be nice to haves but nothing beats this new Okta empire that has begun.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. With Okta you cant go wrong. They are very open and willing to listen to everything you have to say and will most likely build it into upcoming releases. I have seen many of my requests answered.

We are solving SSO and Mobile management problems. We realized that ours users can have a much better experience when sitting at their desks or on the go with mobile devices. Using Okta gives our users fast secure access to their apps wherever they are.

Okta review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Beyond easy to securely sign-on"

What do you like best?

All my passwords and portals that I regularly sign into are ready to go and authenticated

What do you dislike?

I haven't come across functionality I dislike on Okta. I am able to login in to platforms, in a secure way, without fear of threat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know the market, and how your internal team uses platforms. I've found Okta incredibly helpful, but each org has different security needs.

We are working to solve security and single sign on. Makes it easy as possible for me to access all portals necessary in my day to day.

Okta review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"MFA/2FA is been ecure and easy to implement with OKTA"

What do you like best?

The ease of implementation and the support for integration of okta with various other technologies. We are using it from past 2 years and we are really glad to have a solution like this which almost support all the technologies. We are now not worried about user accessing the resources outside of our network.

What do you dislike?

Its a growing product, probably one year down the line it will support every major and non-major technologies.

Remote authentication and the security it provides along with it.

Okta review by <span>Kevin L.</span>
Kevin L.

"Huge Okta Fan"

What do you like best?

We rely on Okta for all of our provisioning and deprovisioning of employees. This has allowed us to manage teams and roles in one place that push to our various apps like Box and Google. We can use these teams as roles within the client applications.

What do you dislike?

A nice enhancement would be a way to create an on-boarding interface. This would allow us to offload more of the new hits setup to more junior team members without making them full admins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to get started. You can begin with a single team or set of apps and move forward from there.

Our need was to ensure control and visibility of access and authorization as we grow as a company. We could not have done this without Okta.

Okta review by User in Financial Services

"Easy, secure access to all the apps"

What do you like best?

Once logged into Okta, I don't need to keep track of all my other logins for EVERYTHING else. Most of the apps we use most have integrations with Okta, and those that don't can be saved as an on the fly app. Super convenient and secure.

What do you dislike?

It was a bit of a transition to get used to, and if I leave my phone at home I can't do anything. But that's not really a bad thing, it's good security.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it, it takes a bit of setup and getting used to, but it's such a convenience going forward!

Easy, secure access to all the tools we need to use daily. Don't have to remember dozens of logins anymore.

Okta review by <span>Jeremy M.</span>
Jeremy M.

"OKTA safe"

What do you like best?

Single sign on, for the web and cloud, its safe and works fast and good.

What do you dislike?

the setup was not straight forward and it needs attention from time to time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is really a good tool. I wouldn't have used it if our parent company did not use it however now that we do its a great tool to have.

Single Sign on. Being able to allow user to use one password for many of the popular websites and cloud offerings has saved time and money.

Okta review by <span>Steve B.</span>
Steve B.

"Single sign on to all your apps with Okta"

What do you like best?

Okta is a great place to launch all of your apps from one location. Using the single sing-on feature is great because all I have to do is log into Okta and click on whatever app I want to launch. This works even for apps that us a different login, which makes it nice because I don't have to log into each individual app every time I want to open a new one. There are a lot of apps available, including social media and some of my personal apps. The mobile version of Okta is also very easy to use. The Chrome extension is also a nice add-on as it allows to open apps with a drop-down menu, rather than having to log in to the Okay website.

What do you dislike?

Some of the apps do not work on the mobile platform and may not work in the website without the Chrome extension. It is also important to make sure that, if there is a separate login for specific apps within Okta, that those are set up prior to attempting to log in, other wise you will not log in properly and if that page has a limit to failed logins, you could be locked out. It is also important to update the login information is changed within those apps. I have personally experienced this when attempting to log into ADP. It is also difficult to determine which apps are available for Okta because the only search bar I can find only finds apps I currently have on my page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the Chrome extension and mobile app. Also, when setting up apps with separate login, it is important to set up the app appropriately so that it uses that specific app's login, rather than the Okta login (click on the gear in the upper right of the app icon).

This is the first time I've used Okta and did not realize there was a business problem to solve. Now that I have been using it, I feel as though all organizations should be utilizing this or a similar type of tool.

Okta review by User in Computer Software

"Okta is a great single sign on product. Makes life a lot easier. "

What do you like best?

I love that from my menu bar I can click and get to so many self-service options. I don't have to save a website but I can do it from my browser.

What do you dislike?

The updates. I don't like the plug-ins and having to keep up with updating them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great SSO option. Only negative is updating the plug-ins.

It solves the issue of needing a SSO. I have seen a ton of benefit from having so many options in one spot to get what I need.

"Good and efficient"

What do you like best?

Its the first place I log onto when I get to work and instantly logs me into all the different applications connected to it and I never have to worry about different user names and passwords

What do you dislike?

Overall I can't really say I dislike anything about it but it can be a little buggy if I directly log into an application without logging into Okta first, which is a minor inconvenience more than anything else but other than that nothing else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used Okta for a few years now across 2 different companies but to be fair haven't used any alternative solutions so have no basis for comparison, from all the research I've done its the market leader and as an organisation and as a user we/I have never had any problems so haven't had the need to look in other places for alternatives but I assume Okta was brought on board after a thorough evaluation.

Reducing the number of different applications I have to login to and the different usernames and passwords I have to manage

Okta review by <span>Luke G.</span>
Luke G.

"Single sign on for all applications"

What do you like best?

We can sign into one Okta, then navigate to every disparate application we utilize.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, as a user there's not much to dislike.

Ease of access to all business applications. Users no longer have to remember 12 different passwords which change every 90 days.

"Jake's Okta Review"

What do you like best?

Convenience. It is so convenient to navigate to a favorite website and have all of your login information saved securely.

What do you dislike?

I struggle to understand how I can delete a cached login that is incorrect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of using it to save password logins for anything work-related as well as anything personal related. Heck, I used it to save my Amazon Login info.

It allows me to sign into an array of software and programs with the click of a button.

Okta review by <span>Stephanie Y.</span>
Stephanie Y.

"Great dashboard for work apps"

What do you like best?

Pulls most of your work apps together in one place and you don't have to remember your password for each and every one with single sign-on.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike...maybe the ability to add even more apps?

We don't have to remember our passwords (or have different ones) for each work-related app we use.

Okta review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Okta Review"

What do you like best?

I love that it has everything compact into one location. I also like that you can login to Okta from some other Apps (such as Workday). It makes things fast and easy. I wish my previous positions provided a platform like this.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it glitches and you have to reauthorize a login to another site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have it stay logged on for a little longer or provide a feature that allows it.

We use Okta at work to organize Student Trac, Outlook, and all other management sites.

Okta review by User in Computer Software

"Easy SSO For All Applications, Mobile or Desktop"

What do you like best?

One of the must frustrating experiences of being on a corporate network is having to use multiple passwords between apps. Okta makes it easy & secure to log into many different apps. Authentication is handled two-form by a single password and text/numeric verification. Everything launches easy from commonly used systems like WebEx & Workday (your apps may vary!) to the least common like getting into expenses.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that sticks out to me. Rendering actually works well on mobile and even in low bandwidth situations. Naturally Okta will log you out if you are switching networks (wireless, vpn, etc), however, this is part of security folks!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider cross compatibility with Okta. OAUTH 2.0, versatility in managing from the web, java/JS/node.js/PHP support all look promising to people who need to customize the feel of the system.

Ease + security of access to applications which otherwise would have to be behind different passwords. Okta lives in the web and undoubtedly provides a flexible platform for many organizations.

Okta review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"It makes life far easier for single sign on"

What do you like best?

Easy to use from the user perspective -- Okta "magically" passes your credentials between applications and synches everything up on the back end.

From an administrative perspective, easy to integrate and administer

What do you dislike?

Nothing really -- OKTA requires a certain amount of knowledge and skill to setup but that is to be expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works...and is mostly industry standard

Business problem is multiple systems, multiple logins.

Benefits are an almost transparent user experience, FAR less issues with logins and passwords and very nice additional benefit of security and compliance

"Effective consolidation"

What do you like best?

Okta consolidates all of the applications that I use and makes logging in more efficient through single sign on capability.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Okta does its job very well. All of the applications are presented clearly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Okta. Managing passwords that require updates are a big pain. Okta's single sign on and interface that allows easy access to your applications is a must have.

Okta is used to access all of my various applications and subscriptions. It saves a lot of login time.

Okta review by <span>Devin G.</span>
Devin G.

"Okta Cloud Coverage"

What do you like best?

Okta provides a universal identity platform that allows us to quickly scale up and out. At a high level when you're federating identity between businesses you're setting up trusts between them. As many of us know trust is hard to build both on the ground and in the cloud. Okta saves me time and effort with a huge library of pre-built (trusted/verified) applications.

What do you dislike?

It is a little pricey but you're getting an identity platform (not just SSO). You have to be efficient at getting all the pieces in place for applications that aren't already verified. Okta provides tools and training to get all parties involved on both identity provider and service provider to get all the pieces in place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're only looking to implement one or two services try out ADFS on Windows server. If you're looking to stay ahead of your business get Okta.

With Okta covering us in the cloud we don't have to worry about our business getting excited about new cloud technologies. With Okta and SSO we're able to integrate them so quickly we've had time to research these cloud solutions before the business brings it to us. We were having difficulty managing network passwords for Mac or BYOD users. With Okta we have the ability to manage user identity securely regardless of the platform.

Okta review by User in Internet

"I'm surprised this is a popular product"

What do you like best?

------ I do not really like this product and I am taking the time to write a bad review while I have to wait for my email to be reset from IT! I honestly don't understand why this product exists.

What do you dislike?

I am currently locked out of my account - Google Authenticator did not work with this phone. The login reset information is being sent to my email... which is locked out. There's no option to email support -

None

Okta review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Okta Single Sign On"

What do you like best?

Okta has simplified our login process to 20+ web apps used on a daily basis. SAML makes the process even more seamless. Multifactor Authentication ensures secure connections using a variety of methods. No more need to remember tons of credentials!

What do you dislike?

SAML integration is excellent when it works but may be a challenge to set up. That's no fault of the product, it's just growing pains. Also, several products only have certain apps available in okta, for example, a partner portal, but not an end user portal. I suspect this will change in time as more apps are added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Okta does more than just SSO. There is a moderate learning curve to enjoying all of the features.

Password resets for multiple applications are definitely down, resulting in more productivity for users as well as administrators. User Provisioning is also much faster and easier with Okta.

Okta review by User in Computer Software

"Single sign on that gels very well with Microsoft AD and is very secure and reliable."

What do you like best?

Easy, simple, Plays well with SAML, Microsoft AD, LDAP and Oracle Identity and access management. Secure with easy to use Interface. Updated regularly and supports wide variety of enterprise apps.

What do you dislike?

No machining learning or AI stuff. Relies only on mobile phone for two factor authentication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's good, It's simple has most features that the competition has. and probably most things you would probably require.

Enterprise level single sign on for Business laptops, mobiles and BYOD's

Okta review by <span>Miles M.</span>
Miles M.

"Time saving investment"

What do you like best?

We deal with a ton of web applications. Because of this our help desk was spending way to much time dealing with password resets and lockouts. Now with Okta we have simplified all that and password resets are a thing of the past. We also have used their advanced provisioning with Workday and account creation has become a breeze and no longer is a time killer.

What do you dislike?

I wish documentation on new products was better, we were trying to roll out the self service lockout and password reset features and no ones has any screen shots that we can use for training, seems like that would be a no-brainer.

Account provisioning has been a huge help for us, now HR is able to be the single source of truth which eliminates and confusion around who is where and who reports to who etc. it is wonderful.

"Slick SSO for Teams. "

What do you like best?

Okta has simplified the process of managing login credentials across multiples teams within our growing company. This means that we are able to easily grant access as well as depreciate access when needed.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike. That said, there is a bit of friction in regards to the initial setup of Okta for end users.

The biggest business problem that is being addressed through the usage of Okta is the management of login credentials and access management for multiple tools and applications. Okta has streamlined this process and has enabled us to stay on top of different access points for the sake of security.

"Helpful but frustrating"

What do you like best?

Having one consolidated place to log into different services and tools with the ease of a click rather than entering several different passwords.

What do you dislike?

Okta certainly solves a problem for password protection and security but it is also a frustrating added layer that at times can be temperamental enough to lock you out of any access to intranet tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unsure of what competition Okta have out there but it certainly helps for lazy people like me. However i do have to say without the mobile app for verification Okta can be a real pain.

Saving valuable time from consolidation of web apps and reduction in time of logging in.

"New User"

What do you like best?

I use this software to log onto my work related applications. This includes many Microsoft applications as well as applications need to completed complete ongoing work related trainings.

What do you dislike?

As great as the security of the software is it can be tedious having to get a new number every hour or so. I understand although I understand the need.

This is how I sign in to view work related emails noticed and trainings

Okta review by <span>Erik T.</span>
Erik T.

"Secures and Simplifies "

What do you like best?

Allows for a user to see a dashboard of all apps, manages passwords so we don't find the dreaded yellow sticky or emails and spreadsheets full of passwords, continues to grow with features like MDM management and 2 factor authentication.

Our HR system and AD are integrated in a way far better than any company I've ever worked for. There is a single source of data that all other systems draw from. We don't suffer from an AD that has outdated information because it is updated from the HR system daily. HR doesn't need to inform IT about users being terminated because the deactivation of their HR account automatically closes down their AD and OKTA account.

What do you dislike?

It isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for. Call support don't email them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand the applications that you would like to integrate with OKTA. Find out if your apps support SAML integration.

Security Security Security. Increased simplification for companies that have many apps. We successfully integrated our HR system with our AD using OKTA so now HR provisions and de-provisions users and the AD accounts are automatically created or disabled with no IT interaction.

Okta review by User

"So helpful if you can't ever seem to remember your passwords"

What do you like best?

I think how many programs can be synced with it. Helps remember all passwords for you.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a while to log you in, going from the okta log in, to having to click and wait for it to load your password for whatever application you're trying to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Automatically offers to save passwords for any app it supports,

not having to remember 20 different passwords for 20 different apps

"It works fine"

What do you like best?

It allows us to access many of the software platforms we have in office from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints. I believe the benefit is security. It appears secure, so no issues to dislike. It's easy enough to access and not too burdensome when requesting to unlock account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everything seems to work well.

It allows workers easy, secure access to many of the software platforms they use in office, from anywhere.

Okta review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"Okta facilitates better application access. "

What do you like best?

What I like most about okta is the ease of using multiple apps at once with one login. I don’t have to keep logging in multiple times.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes okta tries to add other websites to the dashboard. Given that o use okta through work I’d like to keep my personal and professional apps/logins separate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/a

Login time decreases even when I’m using or going back and forth from multiple apps

Okta review by <span>Nate R.</span>
Nate R.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, and their mobile app is pretty good.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard area to see all of your connected apps is a little wonky. I would like a bit more customization options available. If it was more customization I could see it being used as a good homepage for work

Single Sign On for multiple applications is super easy to use

Okta review by <span>Eddy W.</span>
Eddy W.

"Super easy to use Okta single sign on solution"

What do you like best?

Tile-based objects that show what I have access to.

What do you dislike?

None that I have encountered so far. Super easy to use.

Don't need to know password for each application is a great problem solver.

Okta review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Single Sign on is grease that makes the work flow."

What do you like best?

The whole idea of single sign on is great. It's extensible user configurable.

What do you dislike?

Not everything is available for using through Okta. Also, I'd like to have 2 factor authentication added for getting into Okta. It may be there but just not implemented in my environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Verify the applications, services or systems you wish to use are supported but otherwise it's a solid tool that makes working a whole lot simpler.

Too many passwords for too many systems and applications leads to user created security problems.

Okta review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great Way to Stay Organized"

What do you like best?

I find that this program is great to keep all my other programs together. It allows me to not have to remember a bunch of different passwords. I have access to applications with just a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

It can be overwhelming. Sometimes it won't open as quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to keep everything in one place

Not having to remember all of my passwords. Being able to have access to all my important programs in one place.

Okta review by <span>Chris P.</span>
Chris P.

"8 months of a case escalation and Salesforce provisioning issues STILL Not fixed"

What do you like best?

Wide support for multiple cloud apps - it connects to just about every Enterprise application

What do you dislike?

Customer support - I have had a case open for 3/4 of a year regarding Salesforce user provisioning and the product's inability to do what is mapped in our system. :Completely baffled as to how this hasn't been escalated to the highest levels to address an issue this old.

Single Source provider for cloud apps

"Excellent SSO Management"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I'm able to login to nearly all the applications I used from one spot. Managing multiple unique passwords can get super tricky but this application makes it super easy.

What do you dislike?

If I am working remotely from another computer, it's not always easy to log in to certain apps. Once I'm able to get to Okta, it's fine, but sometimes I don't get there right away.

Our organization uses Okta mainly for SSO.

Okta review by Consultant

"Great for SSO"

What do you like best?

The ease of adding applications for single sign on, implementing MFA, and connecting with Active Directory

What do you dislike?

The system log can be more robust, and the list of apps that support provisioning is a bit small.

Putting MFA in front of all the most commonly used applications and self service password resets have been solving problems with security and saving helpdesk time.

Okta review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Make your life easier and start with Okta!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is one thing but the integrations that their engineers have created are second to none. Put simply, life is simple with Okta. From the intuitive interface to the large number of apps ready out of the box. The access management is amazing. The level of granularity is better than anything else i've seen. Its a great quality of life improvement for both users and admins.

What do you dislike?

All of my concerns have been addressed by updates. No delete button was one but its coming. They really seem to listen to their customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the apps that you currently use and make sure they have a presence in Okta. If they don't mention that to your sales rep.

Deploying apps, securing apps, provisioning users, deprovisioning users.

Okta review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Stormpath, easy to use."

What do you like best?

Stormpath is great and it makes my user management easy. I could implement an LDAP server and spend a bunch of time deploying and managing or I could spend less money and use Stormpath. They have already setup a bunch of resources for you use in your preferred language. They also make it easy to create a hierarchy of user groups and permission plus ad hoc attributes. All of it stored in JSON in their data store.

What do you dislike?

My only gripe is it's a shared service unless you get the enterprise level. So you're lumped in with other clients and they do not guarantee uptime or response time on the service level you only get an SLA on the enterprise. So if another user is slamming it, you're gonna have a bad time. They do however offer discounts on enterprise level plans if you ask.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the REST API to accomplish good results with mobile platforms, especially use the REST API if you don't want their canned login and signup form.

User management and user permissions in a multitude of apps. Also have a whole organizational hierarchy.

"Okta"

What do you like best?

One place that remembers passwords allows you to use much more complex passwords since you're aren't forced to remember them. Site is pretty clean and quick and automatically logs you in when you visit websites for which you have a login/password saved.

What do you dislike?

The ordering of my apps is constantly rearranged when new ones are added or updated. There are some sites that require the plugin which means you can't access them through the browser on mobile.

Strong passwords for internal-only items that need to be very secure.

Okta review by <span>Patrick K.</span>
Patrick K.

"Our org has successfully used OKTA to integrate a number of applications, both Cloud and in-house"

What do you like best?

It couldn't be any easier to integrate with Cloud apps like Workday, Service Now, etc... Okta gives you exact instructions to do in Okta and the Cloud app and the SSO integration JUST WORKS!

What do you dislike?

More developer support for in-house built applications is always handy - OKTA provides a LOT of info and examples, but more is always helpful for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for free!!!!! Ask me about our success! :)

As a company with >10,000 emps, single sign on into applications saves us time and that saves us money. We want ALL our applications to have single signon capabilities - both cloud based AND custom in-house apps.

Okta review by <span>Odaro I.</span>
Odaro I.

"Identify One stop shop"

What do you like best?

Okta makes it easy and possible for users to have a one stop shop for all their application accounts username and password. For IT admins, it makes it super easy to scale up and out. It also helps with engineering internal apps and setting up partnerships.

What do you dislike?

Okta support request process is a bit confusing and their knowledge base has not been updated yet. It is a little pricey but you're getting an identity platform. You have to be efficient at getting all the pieces in place for applications that aren't already verified.

We are solving the problem of scaling and auto provision of accounts. Okta is helping us partner with other graduate school or higher ed partners with ease. It is also helping us setup new users account in AD and auto provisioning it for okta with their needed applications. Additionally, okta assists us in the deactivation of disabled AD users.

Okta review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Okta Review"

What do you like best?

Single Sign on is seamless. I can also see all my work apps at one place.

What do you dislike?

The process to add accounts can be improved

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of companies use different cloud companies like Zendesk, Google apps ADP etc. Okta provides a wonderful platform to combine the sign on process for all these login and is really useful.

Single sign on saves time if I forget a password and I do not have to reset it everytime I use a app or stayed logged in

Okta review by <span>Brian F.</span>
Brian F.

"Consistent and simple identity management"

What do you like best?

Simple administration + Broad and powerful features

High Reliability

Good support

What do you dislike?

Knowledge-base sometimes seems disorganized or less frequently updated

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a company that started out simply focused on sign-on/internal identity management and has expanded to cover easy to implement mobile management and the core suite (identity management) has grown significantly in breadth to be, in their terms, Universal Directory (which if it could totally replace Active Directory I would name children in their honor).

Our users don't need to remember or write down dozens of passwords for cloud services we use

Simple provisioning and deprovisioning with SAML apps (and a workflow for non SSO ones)

Keeping passwords in sync and giving end users just ONE place to sign in makes their work lives easier.

Okta review by <span>Hugh G.</span>
Hugh G.

"Single sign on made easy!"

What do you like best?

Plain simple and easy to use. The interface is easy on the eyes and the apps are laid out nicely.

What do you dislike?

The mobile often makes you enter the user id even though you have already signed in and opted to save the id

Not having to remember multiple passwords..we have rigorous password policies which Okta help with

Okta review by <span>Tyler G.</span>
Tyler G.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

When you are working within multiple applications that all have secure sign-on it can be quite a hassle. I like knowing that when I go to work I can easily navigate securely to all my apps seamlessly thanks to Okta.

What do you dislike?

As of right now there is not anything that I have any complaints about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what your buying, but also take advantage of all the information the company puts out about its products.

I'm solving a huge workflow hurdle. I need to be efficient with my time, and taking this problem off my plate saves me those precious moments I need to know I'll get things done in a reasonable timeframe.

Okta review by User in Computer Software

"Easy to use and a necessity for fast access"

What do you like best?

Simple to set up and makes it easy to access multiple applications. It can be a struggle to have to remember multiple passwords, I had resorted to insecurely storing passwords manually in a Notes application. Okta solves this problem by requiring only 1 password to know and is secure.

What do you dislike?

Not all the applications at our company are accessible through Okta - so I still have to remember multiple passwords.

Accessing applications needed to get work done is much easier. Less to worry about and less time wasted due to Single Sign On.

Okta review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Okta is good for storing passwords and logging in easily"

What do you like best?

Okta allows me to easily access my accounts across my company only needing to log into my Okta account once.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I currently dislike about Okta. Perhaps it could be used remotely as well, but I have never tried that.

It allows me access to all my websites and applications very quickly and easily.

Okta review by <span>Kelly B.</span>
Kelly B.

"Streamlined portal with appealing interface, but has problems"

What do you like best?

Being able to get to everything I need from one secure place

What do you dislike?

I will be told that there are new modules added but once I login, they aren't there, but this could also be the fault of the program of the module itself.

A secure platform for all of our business tools and programs.

Okta review by <span>Pj R.</span>
Pj R.

"Okta saved us time"

What do you like best?

ease of use and catalog of web based apps available

What do you dislike?

can say that there is much that I dislike. Maybe the UI could use some work.

We have solved the problem of integrating our internal AD with all our web based SaaS that we use. Including, HR, video conference and google apps.

Immediate benefits we realized was time. Time is money and we are able to do more with less.

Okta review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"This user is very happy with Okta."

What do you like best?

Okta is simple. I can access my apps wherever I go, from any computer, without having to worry about relying on PW's saved in a browser - which I do not trust.

What do you dislike?

It competes with the browsers' saves PW seemingly endlessly. Not a flaw of Okta - I just wish they could build in some sort of integration where you can control the settings of your browser via the Okta dashboard.

Security. Increased productivity.

Okta review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Works great!"

What do you like best?

I like that it is in the background and you don't even have to think about it because it works so well.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly nothing that I do not like. I don't even have to think about it - it just works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From a user experience standpoint it is great - I don't even think about it and it automatically gets me into all necessary applications.

Simplicity w/ SSO - do not have to reset passwords for a wide array of applications. This obviously cuts down on support expenses.

Okta review by User in Internet

"Okta makes it easy to log into multiple apps quickly "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to log into one account, and with a click access my other apps without entering a bunch of passwords and usernames.

What do you dislike?

No matter how many time you click "remember me" Okta literally never, not once, will. You'll still need to enter your credentials every time. It's a running joke in my office that okta just wants to see how many of us will keep clicking a button we know doesn't do anything.

The benefits are as mentioned above, quickly accessing my applications, saving me time.

Okta review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Smooth SSO experience"

What do you like best?

Okta makes it really easy for me to swap between applications. It's especially great for the small business applications that I use infrequently, and would otherwise always forget my password for.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing in particular I dislike about Okta.

Seamlessly moving between business applications, password management for multiple systems.

Okta review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"application service"

What do you like best?

this software creates an easy view able page where i can view all of my application services, such as training and time cards and mobile applications. There is a multi-step verification mode that is ideal for logging into work while at home.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i dislike about okta. The applications works very well for me.

An employee is able to login to a secure network while at home. You do not have to worry about someone stealing your network and information

Okta review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"all your apps in one place!"

What do you like best?

The ease of having all my work apps all in one spot

What do you dislike?

If I reset my phone, or if I get a new phone, it's such a huge pain and waste of productivity to get your OKTA RESET.

Having everything all in one spot

Okta review by <span>Arthur O.</span>
Arthur O.

"Easy to deploy time saver"

What do you like best?

The documentation is my favorite part of Okta. It made every integration we have done very easy to get onine.

What do you dislike?

I mostly dislike that more 3rd parties are not on board with the provisioning and deprovisioning features, in time more will come though.

We were mostly going in to solve the problem of keeping password management simple and secure across the many SaaS applications across the enterprise.

Okta review by <span>Jennifer M J.</span>
Jennifer M J.

"Okta for All"

What do you like best?

That is has a easy to use interface that allowed me to be accustomed to the platform in minutes. I have been using it heavily for nearly a month and now I feel like there's nothing better.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing about okta that I dislike. It would be nice to add more customization to the appearance for each IT personnel.

Finding a fast and easy way to manage our students profiles on a daily basis.

Okta review by User in Internet

"Great security for work logins"

What do you like best?

Okta is easy to use and makes it possible to use your work account on any electronic device.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is easy to use, however, after getting a new phone, I tried to reinstall the Okta app and could not re-input my information, so I had to do it through my company's IT department to set it up again.

Okta is a security and all in one log in platform that makes it easy for employees to log into their work accounts.

"Time Saver"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can go to a single source to access all my apps without having to remember the unique passwords for each.

What do you dislike?

I've yet to find a feature which has not met my needs.

Removes the frustration of looking up passwords.

Okta review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Okta perfect for SSO and password management"

What do you like best?

Okta reduces having to remember 15 different passwords for all of the software accounts you use at work. It also makes signing in extremely easy with everything residing on one page.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes with specific applications you may need to disable SSO and it is a little tricky with some of our more frequently used apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to have a dedicated employee in charge of managing Okta and it's specific integrations

Makes managing our employees throughout our tech stack both reasonable and easy

Learning about Okta?

* We monitor all Okta reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.