Okta

Okta is an on-demand identity and access management service for web based applications, both in the cloud and behind the firewall

Work for Okta?

Showing 181 Okta reviews
Okta review by <span>Omar W.</span>
Omar W.

Very Useful dashboard

What do you like best?

Okta keeps all my work related and personal sites easily accessible and makes a single sign-on experience for them all. The 2 factor authentication outside of my network is a big plus. Once a site and it's credentials are added, I can update easily as needed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the prompts via my browser can be intrusive, but once I decline it for a site, it does not come back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a user base of varying comfort levels with technology and password management, this is good solution that will satisfy beginners and your more security minded savvy users and IT department

WIth Okta, I do not have to worry about remembering every site and password that I need to access, whether in my office or mobile, and it is not overly complicated to manage.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Okta
Okta review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

Okta SSO Review

What do you like best?

Easy to use, point your employees to a URL and enjoy not having to manage everything for every employee with a fine tooth comb! We also enjoy being able to build custom "chiclets" for in house apps, never having to give employees credentials to access certain features, and removing access without having to involve a user or their end point. This product has saved a lot of headaches and time.

What do you dislike?

There's not too much to dislike about the product, but be ready to customize the "chiclets" for in house apps. I don't see a way around this issue, but their support was helpful when we had some small issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan out your apps, confirm that they work with Okta natively. Go over AD setup with Okta beforehand so you're ready for a smooth transition.

Not having to give out credentials to certain 3rd party or in house apps to end users. Ease of removing access when employees leave, reduced time spent with onboarding/offboarding.

What Cloud Identity and Access Management solution do you use?

Okta review by <span>Kelsey H.</span>
Kelsey H.

An inconsistent internal rollout prevented me from fully maximizing

What do you like best?

When used properly, password-storing tools like Okta help users create varied, complex passwords that are much more secure. Without a tool like this, many are probably inclined to re-use the same password across multiple accounts. This allows for better security, two-factor authentication, and (I presume) better account provisioning and controls so IT/HR can collaborate to ensure former employees are removed from all accounts.

What do you dislike?

It isn't as intuitive as I would have expected. It pops up unprompted via chrome extension when I'm not logging in, but just filling out a form, for example, then doesn't pop up when I do want it to log in. They have so many integrations/plug ins that sometimes it is hard to tell which is the proper one (I think there are >5 SFDC versions, for some reason there were two versions/options of abacus, one of which never worked for me?) I've had some glitchy issues where I've updated and saved a password and then there are duplicate log ins saved or it doesn't default to the correct one. All of this may be user error, but I have sat down with IT once to try to better use the tool and we didn't get very far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clear training and team-wide deploy! I was at my company before we bought Okta and I believe new employees receive some training during on boarding, but I seemed to miss best practices and I think my ability to maximize my use of the tool has suffered for it.

Account provisioning, account security, log in access.

Okta review by User

Solves a problem, but adds new complexity

What do you like best?

Having one place to log into things is nice. It's especially helpful in our case when we have many services to log into, some of which use shared passwords. Previously we had an encrypted lookup script for these cases, so having it integrated into the browser is helpful.

What do you dislike?

Adding SAML to everything when the world seemed to be moving to OAuth has added a lot of complexity. Extra support had to be integrated into our software for it to function fully. It does not support Basic Authentication. Most annoying, the Firefox addon does not work in the nightly builds of Firefox at all -- a nonsensical error message appears instead. The UI is often confusing -- you can't tell which items are generic services where you have to save your own password vs ones where the company has set them up for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is this the right software for the job or just adding Enterprise complexity?

We have a lot of online and cloud based services to log into. We can do this from one place, and it allows us easy login options to places that

Okta review by <span>Jacob J.</span>
Jacob J.

Okta helps me keep all my passwords in one place, without looking at them

What do you like best?

I like that I don't have to enter in my passwords over and over again. once I enter them in and they are in Okta, I only have one password to remember. I can pretty much forget all of my passwords and Okta will just remember them and put them in the appropriate fields for me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it pops up every time I put a password in. If there was a way for me not to have to click anything and for it to just save it automatically with no pop-ups, that would be awesome! Everything else is pretty great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, it will save you a lot of time logging into things!

Where I work, there are a lot of different systems and sometimes it can take forever to be able to go from platform to platform because of all of the login gates. With Okta, I don't really have to worry about logging in, which cuts down on the time I take switching between platforms throughout my workflow.

Okta review by <span>Nickolas P.</span>
Nickolas P.

One password to rule them all!

What do you like best?

I love that I only have to remember one password, and only have to sign in to a single page. Also, the interface on the landing page / dashboard is very clean and intuitive. Not cumbersome or confusing to use.

What do you dislike?

Not all of the products/platforms that we use in the office are supported by Okta; or offer any sort of SAML / SSO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's quite simple to deploy and roll out to your team(s), and the interface couldn't be easier.

We are streamlining integration between multiple platforms by utilizing a central navigation hub. Employees can login to Okta and can use other company tools with a single click.

Learning about Okta?

* We monitor all Okta reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.