Okta

Okta is an on-demand identity and access management service for web based applications, both in the cloud and behind the firewall

Work for Okta?

Learning about Okta?

Okta Reviews

Showing 217 Okta reviews
Okta review by Kevin C.
Kevin C.

"Seamless multi-factor single sign-on"

What do you like best?

Too often, single sign-on solutions are burdensome for end users, as is a requirement for multi-factor authentication. Okta has made this seamless; log in anywhere and get an immediate push notification to your smartphone or, even better, your Apple Watch.

What do you dislike?

The rollout has been slow—or at least, slower than I would have anticipated. A number of our SaaS solutions are compatible with Okta out of the box; others require more work. That said, Okta is becoming the clear leader, so this will become easier over time as more integrations are provided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch applications to enforce authentication via Okta one by one, starting with the one application no user in your organization can live without—since this will ensure that everyone is registered.

Provisioning and de-provisioning users in a single place, enabling single sign-on with multi-factor authentication across a wide variety of SaaS applications.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Okta
Okta review by Omar W.
Omar W.

"Very Useful dashboard"

What do you like best?

Okta keeps all my work related and personal sites easily accessible and makes a single sign-on experience for them all. The 2 factor authentication outside of my network is a big plus. Once a site and it's credentials are added, I can update easily as needed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the prompts via my browser can be intrusive, but once I decline it for a site, it does not come back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a user base of varying comfort levels with technology and password management, this is good solution that will satisfy beginners and your more security minded savvy users and IT department

WIth Okta, I do not have to worry about remembering every site and password that I need to access, whether in my office or mobile, and it is not overly complicated to manage.

What Single Sign On (SSO) solution do you use?

Okta review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Okta SSO Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, point your employees to a URL and enjoy not having to manage everything for every employee with a fine tooth comb! We also enjoy being able to build custom "chiclets" for in house apps, never having to give employees credentials to access certain features, and removing access without having to involve a user or their end point. This product has saved a lot of headaches and time.

What do you dislike?

There's not too much to dislike about the product, but be ready to customize the "chiclets" for in house apps. I don't see a way around this issue, but their support was helpful when we had some small issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan out your apps, confirm that they work with Okta natively. Go over AD setup with Okta beforehand so you're ready for a smooth transition.

Not having to give out credentials to certain 3rd party or in house apps to end users. Ease of removing access when employees leave, reduced time spent with onboarding/offboarding.

Okta review by Kelsey H.
Kelsey H.

"An inconsistent internal rollout prevented me from fully maximizing"

What do you like best?

When used properly, password-storing tools like Okta help users create varied, complex passwords that are much more secure. Without a tool like this, many are probably inclined to re-use the same password across multiple accounts. This allows for better security, two-factor authentication, and (I presume) better account provisioning and controls so IT/HR can collaborate to ensure former employees are removed from all accounts.

What do you dislike?

It isn't as intuitive as I would have expected. It pops up unprompted via chrome extension when I'm not logging in, but just filling out a form, for example, then doesn't pop up when I do want it to log in. They have so many integrations/plug ins that sometimes it is hard to tell which is the proper one (I think there are >5 SFDC versions, for some reason there were two versions/options of abacus, one of which never worked for me?) I've had some glitchy issues where I've updated and saved a password and then there are duplicate log ins saved or it doesn't default to the correct one. All of this may be user error, but I have sat down with IT once to try to better use the tool and we didn't get very far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clear training and team-wide deploy! I was at my company before we bought Okta and I believe new employees receive some training during on boarding, but I seemed to miss best practices and I think my ability to maximize my use of the tool has suffered for it.

Account provisioning, account security, log in access.

Okta review by User

"Solves a problem, but adds new complexity"

What do you like best?

Having one place to log into things is nice. It's especially helpful in our case when we have many services to log into, some of which use shared passwords. Previously we had an encrypted lookup script for these cases, so having it integrated into the browser is helpful.

What do you dislike?

Adding SAML to everything when the world seemed to be moving to OAuth has added a lot of complexity. Extra support had to be integrated into our software for it to function fully. It does not support Basic Authentication. Most annoying, the Firefox addon does not work in the nightly builds of Firefox at all -- a nonsensical error message appears instead. The UI is often confusing -- you can't tell which items are generic services where you have to save your own password vs ones where the company has set them up for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is this the right software for the job or just adding Enterprise complexity?

We have a lot of online and cloud based services to log into. We can do this from one place, and it allows us easy login options to places that

Okta review by Yana A.
Yana A.

"So Easy to work from home with this! "

What do you like best?

Okta is honestly so cool. I have everything I need connected to Okta so I can have it at my finger tips when needed. Its so easy to answer emails for work, or do a school assignment now that I have everything all in one spot.

What do you dislike?

There really isnt anything I don't like about it. Maybe it could ask me to stop saving the passwords after I've already done so, but thats about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put all of your apps that have passwords on here

This helps me answer emails easier

Okta review by Jacob J.
Jacob J.

"Okta helps me keep all my passwords in one place, without looking at them"

What do you like best?

I like that I don't have to enter in my passwords over and over again. once I enter them in and they are in Okta, I only have one password to remember. I can pretty much forget all of my passwords and Okta will just remember them and put them in the appropriate fields for me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it pops up every time I put a password in. If there was a way for me not to have to click anything and for it to just save it automatically with no pop-ups, that would be awesome! Everything else is pretty great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, it will save you a lot of time logging into things!

Where I work, there are a lot of different systems and sometimes it can take forever to be able to go from platform to platform because of all of the login gates. With Okta, I don't really have to worry about logging in, which cuts down on the time I take switching between platforms throughout my workflow.

Okta review by Nickolas P.
Nickolas P.

"One password to rule them all!"

What do you like best?

I love that I only have to remember one password, and only have to sign in to a single page. Also, the interface on the landing page / dashboard is very clean and intuitive. Not cumbersome or confusing to use.

What do you dislike?

Not all of the products/platforms that we use in the office are supported by Okta; or offer any sort of SAML / SSO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's quite simple to deploy and roll out to your team(s), and the interface couldn't be easier.

We are streamlining integration between multiple platforms by utilizing a central navigation hub. Employees can login to Okta and can use other company tools with a single click.

Okta review by Rupert T.
Rupert T.

"Good single sign on software"

What do you like best?

Makes it very easy to sign in for all my work applications and software from my work and personal devices.

What do you dislike?

Had one significant outage which made it impossible to sign in for a few hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user I've found it extremely easy to use. I'm not sure of what it's like for the implementation but it's certainly made life easier as a user.

Allows me to work from both work devices and personal devices which has been extremely useful on sick days where I didn't know I'd be working from home.

Okta review by Erica C.
Erica C.

"Perfect solution"

What do you like best?

That is always just works. I don't have to babysit it at all.

We've been using okta for over 2 years now. It's fantastic. okta continues to move forward in ease of use and innovation. I am very glad we use them.

What do you dislike?

That it doesn't support Flash logins. But really, who even uses that anyway.

There aren't a lot of apps that construction companies use that Okta has already built connections to. The process for getting them to do that is a little biased.

Too many passwords

authorization and now even content management.

Okta review by Jared M. G.
Jared M. G.

"Not a bad experience, but hard to tell what Okta does"

What do you like best?

Okta seems to be a platform housing many other apps used in business. Beyond that, it's sort of difficult to tell what aspects of these apps Okta controls vs. what they merely house. From what I can tell, it runs pretty smoothly and can manage many different apps without a problem.

What do you dislike?

The main flaw with Okta comes with the logging in and out of the software. I am constantly being logged in and out with no rhyme or reason, and I'll often need to provide two-step security verification even when I've used the same computer in the same location for months straight. Sure, this is for security, but it can get annoying. Sometimes, if I choose to log out, I'll actually need to log myself in first for some reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems to be perfectly fine for what it offers. I am not too familiar with the competition or alternative services to tell if it is better or worse than those.

It's much easier to access all kinds of software and apps when they are housed in Okta. Though I must admit, I am not sure what aspects of the experience are Okta's as opposed to the apps themselves'.

Okta review by Kevin K.
Kevin K.

"Best Solution for SSO Windows 7/10 Enterprise"

What do you like best?

I like that you can integrate AD account creation and tie it to an okta group so it then creates the AD/email/okta account all under the same sso

What do you dislike?

I dislike the variety of apps available, although it's great I would just like more

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using okta for solving SSO/onboarding issues. Okta really helps reduce the overall time it takes for admins to onboard users and gives the user a rather intuitive experience and giving them the illusion of control.

We are solving the time it takes onboarding users to our systems, without this benefit onboarding users would be a lot more time consuming and overall waste more company resources.

Okta review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to access all apps, don't have to remember many passwords"

What do you like best?

I regularly accessed 30+ different software at my old company. If I had to remember the passwords for all those systems, I would have gone nuts! Once set up, Okta makes it super simple to access all those systems from one simple (and customizable) dashboard. I saved a ton of time not having to remember passwords or login URLs.

What do you dislike?

Setting it up was annoying (and setting it up again when I got a new computer). But it's mostly the pain of having to follow multiple detailed steps -- Okta and our IT department laid out the steps needed pretty clearly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your IT department creates a getting started guide that is super clear, detailed, and has screenshots. Some of our less tech-savvy folks struggled with the set up, how to QR codes, etc.

I used Okta when I worked at a cloud company, so naturally all our systems we used were also in the cloud. I saved a TON of time not having to remember passwords or URLs, and if you add up all employee time saved that could be spent on other things -- it's pretty huge savings.

Plus, Okta makes sure login access is super secure and passwords aren't floating about in the ether. Our IT dept was pretty happy with it's security.

"Easy, Clean, Clear"

What do you like best?

Clear formatting and organization. Mobile compatible. Management features. Navigation throughout Okta is easy and never confusing. Perfect for the tech savvy and tech illiterate. Both visuals and text available for navigation and clarity.

What do you dislike?

Repetative applications cant be removed by employees. Only admins can edit application options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Okta is very user friendly and easy to navigate. If your company uses a lot of different applications, okta is a great tool to keep them all in one place for employee convenience.

Okta is solving employee benefits, resources, and timesheet tracking, access, and management. It is very easy for employees to keep their information orderly and track things suck as PTO, referals, guests, etc. while also submitting relavant information to necessary parties.

Okta review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Securing Your Sign-Ins"

What do you like best?

I use Okta Single Sign On to help protect my social media accounts and assure I won't be hacked by outside parties. Okta makes it so that only a verified user can sign on. My accounts are protected by more than just a password thanks to Okta SSO.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can take some time to load. I'm so used to being able to just fill in a password and login to an account. Okta requires more codes and wait time since it has multiple layers of protection, but sometimes it lags.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sometimes, a password just isn't enough. Okta Single Sign On helps to add another layer of security. You can sleep peacefully knowing your accounts are secure. Especially helpful if you have large impact accounts that you don't want anyone breaking into.

My online accounts are more secure. When you work with high profile clients, the last thing you want is for an unwanted visitor to be able to take over the account. Okta SSO makes myself and my clients feel more protected and safe when it comes to securing their accounts.

Okta review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Okta Mobility Management "

What do you like best?

Ease of use, ease of administration! Manages just the right amount of features for our users to make the IT department happy, and lets our users feel like they are still in control of their devices. Great extension of their desktop SaaS solution for Android and iOS devices.

What do you dislike?

I wish that 3rd party apps would update faster to be compatible with the Okta Mobile app. Apps like Asana, which our users need on a daily basis, will not allow for the push through of passwords from the Okta mobile app to the Asana mobile app, making the whole experience on mobile cumbersome.

We didn't have to train our users too much on how to use Okta mobile because they were already using the Desktop client daily, and as an admin, managing Okta Mobility Management is a seamless experience just like managing the Desktop client.

Okta review by Joey S.
Joey S.

"Simple and convenient "

What do you like best?

I really like the plugin to Chrome which allows me to access any of my Okta logins with one click. It's also nice having all of my work applications in one place.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really comes to mind. When you access Okta from a remote computer, there is an additional security step you need to take, but that is to be expected.

Ease of use and remote security. Okta ensures I am able to sign in to all of my critical business applications safely from any location.

Okta review by User in Internet

"Easy single sign on for all your work apps"

What do you like best?

My company uses Okta as our preferred SSO. So far, it has been a great experience. Okta makes it easy to connect all apps and just sign in once and be signed into everything at work. Additionally, the Okta phone app makes Okta phone verifications easy to use, allowing you to sign on from any computer.

What do you dislike?

My main complaint is that Okta makes you change your password every few months and you cannot use the same password again. While I understand why this is necessary, it is annoying to come up and remember a new password all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to connect all your apps through Okta, make sure you learn how to do so for a seamless experience!

Single sign on to all business software at work. Easy to work and manage all apps at once with Okta, it has definitely worked and improved the overall experience at work, making it more seamless.

Okta review by Alex M.
Alex M.

"Okta Product Review for Inside SaaS Sales "

What do you like best?

Its very easy to remember ONE password for all of my apps and accounts. Easy to use on multiple devices. Don't have to go back and sign out.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes annoying to have to verify a device via SMS used frequently. Forgetting your Okta password is kind of annoying (understandably so). Some apps or systems (ADP for example) don't work for me personally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DONT FORGET THE PASSWORD!!!

Allows me to operate more efficiently. I have to remember many passwords and usernames this eliminates that need.

Okta review by Gustavo A.
Gustavo A.

"No need to for a password file with OKTA"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the mobile app for OKTA. At time I do not want to log on to my laptop and with the mobile app, I can easily access everything i have saved in OKTA for work.

What do you dislike?

When i am using IE, it requires plug ins on most of the apps and that is somewhat annoying. But I usually use Chrome, where that is not an issue.

One stop shop. Able to run through all applications that i use everyday with one click.

Okta review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Mostly a user, but also support an Application on Okta - great from both perspectives."

What do you like best?

Okta is really easy to use from the user perspective - just click the app icon and then get launched into your application. It also support 2FA which is an absolute must these days for security. I also manage an application that is on Okta (Salesforce) which integrates with Okta very easily.

We also implemented Salesforce/Okta at my last job and it was very easy to get going- less than 1 day.

What do you dislike?

From the admin side, Okta doesn't support more complex Salesforce licensing permissions without more customization. Our company hasn't been able to figure this out yet, so we create the users from Okta and assign the initial profile, but not the more detailed "Groups" and "Permission" sets".

From the user perspective, I don't have any complaints.

One negative issue I experienced a couple months ago was that Okta went down for a couple hours - users could not access applications (even though the applications were running just fine).

Note that my review is focused on Employee SSO. Customer SSO is quite different.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Okta is one of the biggest SSO providers in the market, you will definitely want to consider them.

Have users only utilize a single username/password across all application. Increase security and control over who has access to various applications.

"OKTA for businesses"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, icons make it easy to find the app you are trying to use. Single sign-in makes my life a whole lot easier at work.

What do you dislike?

Some app displays are kind of hidden when it comes to the grey written description below them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has made the work day flow much quicker than without it.

E-mail, purchasing requisitions, and shipping of items. With a wide array of apps that can be accessed through Okta, it makes my day a whole lot easier than having to sign in to different sites to accomplish different goals.

Okta review by User in Computer Software

"One Stop Security Solution"

What do you like best?

When we think about SAML integrations, it can be fairly complex system to mange. But with help of OKTA, it's a piece of cake. After experience with other providers, OKTA stands in much higher in ranking. provides a good set of check and balances. Provisioning and de-provisioning can be fairly easy when compared with other competitors. The integration options and interface are so wide that you will run out of application but OKTA will not give up. For an end user it is very easy to adopt.

What do you dislike?

At times support can be challenging but you will get through it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give sufficient learning curve for the Admin guys to learn and then start with some easy application and diverse applications.Once they are ready with their experience then it is like plug n play and then the overall adding application to SSO becomes efficient and fast.

Single sign on authentication for all the application, common login across the application. Secured and robust authentication measures.

Okta review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Passwords and security all in one"

What do you like best?

Holy moly, remembering passwords is the worst. Not only do I not have to remember every.single.password for my work logins, but there's the added benefit of accessing everything when I'm not on my work computer, too. Adding/ requesting access to new products is also really easy! I can search all the products/software available, then request an account for a new app when I need it. By searching which products we already have as a company, I don't have to research new solutions or unnecessarily purchase new products.

What do you dislike?

Okta often acts like a required portal for me to access certain apps and products. For example, every time I want to open Dropbox, I must return to the Okta page. Even when I first go to Dropbox, it sends me back to my company Okta page anyway. Also for some of the apps, there seems to be a required plugin (which seems totally old-fashioned) and without the plugin, it takes longer to log-in. I like the centralization that Okta provides, so forcing people to open the product first makes sense, even if it is an extra step every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our company uses Okta for single sign-on SSO, but it seems like Okta offers much more than that. I recommend using all the functionality because Okta already integrates with so many apps and products, it would help with centralization.

Time saving! I don't remember the last time I had to do a password reset for a work login. It's so nice to know I just open up one tab, and click on any app/product to open it up. It also saves time on requesting access to new software because it's built into Okta, and relays the message to IT.

Okta review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Okta is a great SSO product!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to sign in on multiple platforms and all the different products you can include on the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

It was a pain to get started, but that may have been my own experience. I have no real issues with okta!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest okta to others considering a SSO. With my role at a university, I have to use duo login and it is a much bigger pain. I like that Okta saves all my addresses so I can easily switch between websites and the push to the phone is very straighforward.

We are trying to keep our company and clients information safe and secure while minimizing stress on staff.

Okta review by User in Computer Software

"Easy to access everything in one place with single-sign-on from any device from anywhere"

What do you like best?

I love that it stores all my passwords from countless applications but at the same time it's still completely secure and only I can get into my programs.

What do you dislike?

I hate that it auto adds passwords and access info from every site I go to - sometimes it's lunch and I'm actually just trying to pay a bill from my bank account. I feel weird with that info auto saved into my okta account - that's not what it should be saving even if it is my work computer. After all, I could miss that it saved something!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have trouble accessing files from anywhere or you're still on VPN, this might be the solution you've been looking for!

Single-sign-on is definitely the main one from what I can tell

Okta review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Everything is one place"

What do you like best?

It syncs up with my Microsoft account so I only have to remember one password.

What do you dislike?

It is still a separate site that I wish could get integrated with my other existing accounts for work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think if you have a lot of separate accounts that your employees long into regularly and see if they would work with Okta. That has been the main benefit for us.

When we were acquired, we had to set up so many new accounts for our benefits, retirement accounts, etc. So Okta was at least one where all our benefits would be in one place with the same password we use to connect to the network.

Okta review by Gabriel F.
Gabriel F.

"Convenient... But also useless."

What do you like best?

One stop dashboard for several apps. The display is clean and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Little more than fancy "favorites" bar. In fact, I don't use Okta for that reason because I simply use my favorites bar in Chrome

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suppose it can help with password management, but few people use it and no one seems to notice or care.

The ability to sign in once for multiple apps... At least in theory.

The problem, though, is that I don't need it or use it. I add the sites I need to my favorites bar and then save the login information in Google Chrome. None of my colleagues use it anymore either.

Okta review by Tanner G.
Tanner G.

"Convenient mobile app for working remote"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to log into apps like google hangouts, email, salesforce, etc from a remote location on a secure server.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily care for having to re-sign in every two hours which is a security precaution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not sure of the other solutions available, but I would definitely recommend Okta if you need a mobile platform for secure networks and applications.

Okta has made it much easier for someone without a company laptop to receive communication and log into their email when they aren't in the office. This is very important during the winter when the weather can prevent us from getting to the office on time.

"Okta SSO is a godsend"

What do you like best?

Okta is used in my business to allow all users access to the many platforms and programs that are accessible by way of our intranet, by using one password, this is an invaluable resource!!

What do you dislike?

Okta is used in my organization to link all of our passwords on the cloud, it’s very intuitive, so I am not sure if there is anything that I dislike, considering my use and needs are fulfilled.

A single sign on allows one username and password for employees to keep track of. It keeps all of our programs accessible on the cloud and keeps employees from having to remember multiple websites and logins.

Okta review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Finally a software to consolidate your passwords"

What do you like best?

I used to use a spreadsheet to keep all my passwords, the use of Okta has saved me so much time from opening a password sheet, updating passwords as well as tracking it.

What do you dislike?

It seems Okta's sites are controlled by the company but as every department has their own software that they use, it would be nice to get some of the ones that we use in our department added by ourselves without administrators to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Okta would streamline a lot of processes for individuals using multiple software to do their tasks daily.

Passwords storage and management.

Okta review by James M.
James M.

"Saves time, frustration, allows admin capabilities, and keeps things secure"

What do you like best?

I can easily and quickly log into all of my apps, which saves valuable time and relieves me from remembering my 20+ passwords I use. My Okta admin can also provision me apps and do backend work for me, which is nice when pushing out updates for an entire team.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really. If there is a feature it's lacking, then I'm unaware of what it might be.

Security, time, scalability

Okta review by Bart B.
Bart B.

"Okta "

What do you like best?

The flexibility and ease of setting up Okta as a single sign on solution. Currently exploring the MDM side of Okta and its capabilities.

What do you dislike?

The MDM solution is not as robust as I would hope and integration with other technologies isn't up to par just yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MDM, SIngle SignOn Provisioning/Deprovisioning

Single sign on security and MDM solution for company deployed devices and BYOD!

Okta review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Excellent Integration"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, just give our employees the SSO URL and we're done. Fast and easy to deploy and assign new apps and practically every app we utilize in our organization is in Okta with a simple and straight forward guide. If a device gets lost/stolen it's very easy to remove the user from apps or even disable their access all together in case of termination. Their support is superb, call in and you are directed to an engineer within minutes.

What do you dislike?

We had one hiccup during deployment of a non-standard application that had some issues integrating with Okta, in the end it wasn't Okta's fault but that of the developer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a product that just "works" our of the box, Okta is it.

Having a single easy to manage login for our business applications. Now users no longer have to manage/balance multiple username/passwords for different sites and applications.

Okta review by Kristin B.
Kristin B.

"Oktamazing!"

What do you like best?

The Mobile Management piece is great! I have the end user install Okta Mobile, sign in, and BAM! their email is setup on their phone.

On their computer, we have Okta set as everyone's homepage. They open Chrome, (sign in if necessary) and all their stuff is just right there. One click and you're good.

What do you dislike?

I don't think this is a real question. What's to dislike?? The answer - nothing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to at least try Okta. I promise, you will love it.

Things are just easy. If their email starts to mess up on their phone..Open the Okta Mobile app, reinstall iOS configuration. Just like magic, their email is fixed.

Starting the work day is much faster and much more efficient for our end users. No more having to remember a different password for every different website you use...or WORSE...having a piece of paper under your keyboard with all your passwords written on it.

Okta review by Graham P.
Graham P.

"Reason Okta is the key player "

What do you like best?

Not only does Okta simplify enterprise SSO, but it’s a very end-user friendly IT product. The company app directory (in Oktas web app) makes it easy to login to the apps you wouldn’t necessarily bookmark due to periodic use as ServiceNow, Concur or DocuSign admin.

What do you dislike?

As with all portals, the app directory is very undiscoverable (you have to be interested enough to play around and add the chrome extension or else you don’t know they exist)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not just a solution to a problem but also a platform for other companies to launch SSO

One login. One profile. Keeping everything secure. Easy VPN access.

Okta review by Stacy J.
Stacy J.

"SSO for all, and for all, we can sleep at night!"

What do you like best?

Its a great SSO platform that is easy to implement and scale for your organization. It gives your organization the tools to empower your organization to be very effective without getting tripped up with password logins or resets.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve and a certain amount of training involved to get a buy-in from the end-users. There needs to be a good rollout plan or your users will not understand that this new system is going to make their lives a lot easier. Once they get over the curve, they will also become advocates.

Single-sign on for dozens of SAML apps, password unlocks and resets, 2 factor authentication. Employees are reporting less login issues and have been able to work seamlessly with various app logins.

Okta review by Glenn E.
Glenn E.

"Revolutionised our security and app usability"

What do you like best?

It works so reliably. We have nearly 100 cloud applications and systems in use here at Reward Gateway and we have all of them setup on OKTA. New joiners and leaves are all managed through OKTA and I think we'd literally be lost without it.

What do you dislike?

I'd love them to build more advanced rules for provisioning so we could nominate System Owners for certain apps and those owners could be setup to have to approve access to the systems that they own.

Our use of cloud services and platforms had grown and we had staff managing and remembering dozens of logins each. Many apps did not have multifactor authentication and we had some apps where passwords were being shared around the team. All of that was removed when we moved to OKTA. It's been a huge improvement to our security systems and has also made life much easier for all of our users.

Okta review by Phil I.
Phil I.

"Rock solid SSO with a lot of innovative extras"

What do you like best?

Excellent user experience for end users and admins

What do you dislike?

Delivery dates on features are often later than advertised

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe Okta is a company on the rise. They provide a rock solid SSO solution with MFA included, but have expanded their offerings beyond just SSO. Critical to our business is their deep integrations with service providers like Microsoft, Google and SalesForce. This allows us to provision accounts directly from Okta rather than using one off, scheduled sync scripts which are running on a server no one knows about. They are also thought leaders in driving identity and strong authentication forward.

We were looking to move to a SAML 2.0 compliant SSO service while also replacing our on premises MFA solution. Okta met both of these requirements.

Okta review by Scott L.
Scott L.

"Accept no substitute."

What do you like best?

Support is stellar, ease of use 10/10. Definitely will hold your hand if you are concerned and their documentation sets you up for success.

What do you dislike?

SWA won't handle 3 field logins. I really have no other complaints at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save your time and money. Ping & Centrify just can't touch the ease and stability Okta offers.

WS-Fed to O365, SAML to ERP products, Salesforce. Remote password reset for industrial users. Single password for multiple services.

"Great SSO experience"

What do you like best?

I like that I can get into all my work applications instantly from any computer.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how much battery the app drains from my mobile phone.

Having access to Salesforce, Hubspot, Gainsight at anytime with a click of a button enables me to give informed responses to my customers whether im working remotely or in the offie.

Not having to remember any passwords has saved a lot of time spent with IT and let's me get on with my job as soon as I start the day.

Okta review by Steven D.
Steven D.

"Okta just works, always."

What do you like best?

Okta has never been intrusive, just helpful and fast. It's easy to use, has an easy to remember URL, and saves me from needing to keep a set of bookmarks, which allows me to switch from one computer to another with minimal effort.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to exclude suggestions to save passwords for some sites permanently, especially if I am logging in to banking or other sites that save my credit card details.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Okta works well and has added new features in a timely fashion to keep us happy as clients.

Okta is used entirely for our SSO management inside the business. It allows secure access to the numerous web platforms that we use in a single location.

Okta review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Easy to use, easy to administer"

What do you like best?

Tons of features and functionality, but great flexibility in how to use the platform. Policies for authentication, MFA and password management have a lot of variables and it's easy to set one policy for a specific app or group of users. Integrates well with AD, pushes group membership changes instantly.

What do you dislike?

The Okta Mobile app does not yet allow for login options other than user/pass.

SSO to majority of our business applications, strong MFA for sensitive applications, ability to layer on additional products and features to formulate a passwordless authentication strategy.

Okta review by Lynley r.
Lynley r.

"Okta is user-friendly and stable"

What do you like best?

I like the layout of okta and the ease of use it has. The mobile version is about as easy to use as the full desktop version.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing huge that I dislike. I use the mobile site most often, and it has never let me down.

It provides a user-friendly learning platform that can be used all over the world.

Okta review by Sarah A.
Sarah A.

"Let's me access work files from my phone "

What do you like best?

So okra is cool because if I'm at a conference or otherwise away from the office, I can literally access all my files on my phone. You could do this with google apps too, but what I like about okra is its a separate app, so I can access work files on my personal mobile devices without connecting my personal and professional google accounts. Okra gives me access to my files, box, and other important info I tend to need to pull up in remote meetings and while networking and so forth.

What do you dislike?

Okta is clunky in the sense it has a lot of verification steps. Not tons, but just a lot of clicks you have to get through. Yu have to enter your code super fast or else it times out and you get another, so it can add some pressure there, but not a whole bunch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have google you might find Okta redundant for information access, but it is pretty neat to have both.

I can access files remotely. That's the really big benefit here. Ivan show coworkers files in their office or at lunch or conferences without carrying a clunky computer.

"OKTA"

What do you like best?

It's great to see all of our tools and apps in one place and be auto-logged in.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Maybe just nicer graphics. I haven't really explored all the features yet but I do hope to be trained on them soon. Everything I need for right now though as a user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great!

Efficiency and time saving of navigating between apps. Sreamlined logins saves a lot of time, also good for new hires to be quickly onboarded onto several apps at once and see right away what tools you have available to you.

Okta review by Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity
Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Excellent, Cannot fault!"

What do you like best?

Its easy to use. There is very good communication between the company support and ourselves. A very good SSO solution.

Okta Integration with Office365 is very easy to setup and the documentation is very easy to follow if you get stuck.

The mobile authentication through okta verify adds a great extra layer of authentication and is easy to configure.

Overall i cannot complain, from the setup to the customization of the okta home pages it is all very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to come across much/anything to really dislike with okta. I must admit it is one of the software that we use where i don't talk to the reps or deal with the money side of it, but from the management to the customization i cannot find fault.

The mobile authentication can sometimes be a little temperamental when resetting or changing somebody over to a new phone.

SSO makes it easier for our users to not have to worry about multiple passwords, it takes the stress away for many employees.

The home page on okta makes it easy to set a default for all users, giving them a one-click option to go to everything they need helps speed up new users familiarity with our software greatly.

Okta review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Good service"

What do you like best?

The convenience of everything in one place

What do you dislike?

Nothing i like using it works great and is great for us employees

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its good i recommend it because it brings everything to one place

Well it has all apps thatlead to a service for work like for example if i want to check my paystub i would click the oracle app to get there and so on. Down side is it sometimes has a slow response time but nit much

Okta review by Jeff J.
Jeff J.

"Security with Ease"

What do you like best?

So many things. The best thing would be how quick updates come out with new features and how much they listen to their customers. From EMM to SSO they do so much on a daily basis to help us admins server our customers better.

What do you dislike?

There really isnt much that i dislike. I know some other vendors may have some other bells and whistles that would be nice to haves but nothing beats this new Okta empire that has begun.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. With Okta you cant go wrong. They are very open and willing to listen to everything you have to say and will most likely build it into upcoming releases. I have seen many of my requests answered.

We are solving SSO and Mobile management problems. We realized that ours users can have a much better experience when sitting at their desks or on the go with mobile devices. Using Okta gives our users fast secure access to their apps wherever they are.

Okta review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Beyond easy to securely sign-on"

What do you like best?

All my passwords and portals that I regularly sign into are ready to go and authenticated

What do you dislike?

I haven't come across functionality I dislike on Okta. I am able to login in to platforms, in a secure way, without fear of threat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know the market, and how your internal team uses platforms. I've found Okta incredibly helpful, but each org has different security needs.

We are working to solve security and single sign on. Makes it easy as possible for me to access all portals necessary in my day to day.

Learning about Okta?

* We monitor all Okta reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.