Olark

Olark

Olark - Talk with your customers now with beautiful, easy to install live chat software.

Work for Olark?

Learning about Olark?

Olark Reviews

Ask Olark a Question
Showing 172 Olark reviews
Olark review by Christopher G.
Christopher G.

"Perfect chat experience!"

What do you like best?

It is a great program, with lots to offer, and from what I have seen, the company is amazing to it's employees, which can effect the clients, since you can often tell based on customer service experiences. It allows us to keep track of all of our chats, as well as allows the guests to grade their experience. Plus it has generated a ton of new leads for us!

What do you dislike?

The only feature I wish existed was a way to put a chat on hold, or allow them to put their info in and let them know that someone will be with them momentarily, instead of getting multiple chats at once. We often have to all be offline to finish what we are doing, which doesn't allow the clients to use the chat feature. It would be useful for those companies, like us, the only usually have 2-4 people online at one time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you will have enough staff to man it, in case you are getting a large influx of chats. It can be hard to handle 3 or more at one time.

It helps us catch those guests who don't want to call in and talk to someone real. We are able to give our information at the click of a button, and then eventually get more leads out of it. We require at least their email address, so they also get put into our mailing system, which also helps to generate leads.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Olark
Olark review by Henri I.
Henri I.

"Simple install"

What do you like best?

I like how easy this was to install on my site. The analytics are great - especially the integration with Google Analytics. I like several of the extensions and the possibility of integrating chat with other applications. I like that they have free trial. The chat interface and its behavior are customizable to match our site's look and feel and business workflow. You can define the number of users and get billed based on the actual number of users. You can go up and down on the number of of users depending on your needs. Olark's customer service is helpful and responsive.

What do you dislike?

This product affects page load speed (which slows down my site, although it's true of many website add ons). I wish the pricing was more affordable with larger number of users. I'd like to see more integrations with CRM's - especially with Zoho CRM. Pulling up transcripts is a little slow, but fortunately we don't need to do this very often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for integrations with your CRM.

Helps conversion of website visitors to better sales leads. We are able to track conversions on Google Analytics which is quite helpful for optimizing our pages and even digital advertising. It's also works well when an agent isn't available to respond by taking a message via the chat window. It will send an email to us when someone wants to chat (and there is nobody available to take the call).

What Live Chat solution do you use?

Olark review by Morgan T.
Morgan T.

"YoY Chat Bot Great for Tracking Trends"

What do you like best?

Olark makes the conversation with the customer effortless and easy. With a polite bubble ping, the employee is not only notified of incoming messages but also able to reach out to existing users that have yet to reach out. You can push the customer to certain pages as well as allow them to share their screen with you. Simple commands using a "!" at the beginning allow for automated responses created by the admin.

Transcripts easily upload into customer management platforms such as SalesForce to allow for documentation practices to be upheld. Each chat offers an opportunity to review at the end. This can be monitored by the admin on the home page when the admin logs in. Low chat scores are easily identifiable.

Should off-hours be present or they just barely miss an available agent, the chat is swiftly converted into an e-mail that requires follow-up by an agent.

What do you dislike?

My preference would be for Olark to have its own built-in spell checking method. For example, if the agent had 1-2 typos, it would refrain from allowing them to click on send without fixing them. I would prefer that it would be advanced to check for incorrect use of words or grammatical errors. Although the normal computer program tracks this, I'd recommend installing an add-on to the web browser to ensure additional accuracy when managing a larger team.

The notification integration is also poor as it can only be used in specific browsers. Desktop notifications need work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your team has awareness of the notifications - I have found it is often hard to hear/follow when using a phone system on the same pair of headphones.

Olark made us available to our customers in as many forms as possible. For those that prefer online communication, it allows a safe and easy point of contact with freedom to speak without constraints that many chats give. You're speaking with a LIVE person - not a bot!

Olark review by Taylor H.
Taylor H.

"Best Live Chat Option"

What do you like best?

Olark gives you the ability support your product via live chat. This is huge for our team as we get so many phone calls and emails from users about very small questions or requests that can be answered quickly. Phone calls and email are no where near as quick as live chat! Olark has an amazing interface and user experience.

Olark also gives our team sufficient analytics on our users! Pretty awesome stuff.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to have multiple paragraphs in a response to a client. The number of seats you can buy is a bit frustrating, as it doubles from 4 users to 8 users. We have 6 potential users and would be paying for 2 extra accounts. We choose to just make due with 4 users on live chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From my experience, Olark is a top notch product from a top notch team. I highly recommend their chat feature.

My goodness! Live chat has tremendously allowed for our team to cut the volume of phone calls that some in from our customers. It gives our customers a quick and reliable way to reach us.

Olark review by Phil A.
Phil A.

"Great chat support widget"

What do you like best?

Olark is simple to use and fairly unobtrusive visually (and I know you can configure the look to fit your site's motifs). It's a lightweight widget that we use for customer support on our eCommerce website. I like that it's configurable so you can have both live chat and after hours messaging. I also love the way chat logs are archived for easy reference. We have a large customer service team across several offices and it meets our needs admirably.

It has a ton of integrations possible, so if you're way into Slack or Hubspot or Salesforce or whatever, you should be able to plug Olark into any of those things. Frankly, my company isn't even using it for lead gen and we probably should be. We're Hubspot fans over here and we haven't even scratched the surface with Olark and Hubspot integrations.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I've never had any complaints about the service from either users on the site or our customer service team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Obviously chatbots are all the rage now and I don't know how well Olark integrates with those since we aren't using that yet. It does integrate with Hubspot (which should have some bot features soon) and a webhook API so it might work with a chatbot but you'll have to do your research on that. We only use it with live reps and it works great.

We use Olark to provide real-time customer service via chat (and archiving of chat logs for research and training purposes)

Olark review by Danielle M.
Danielle M.

"Game Changer!"

What do you like best?

This service has completely changed how we interact with prospective clients. There is a feature that prompts a chat with the prospect after so many minutes and has proved to be a total game changer for us. Also - to start the chat, the prospect is required to enter in a bit of personal information which allows us to capture their info and market to them again.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was more customization available as far as the look goes. You also have to have a certain amount of users to be able to remove the Olark branding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try with the free version if you are unsure. The premium features are more than worth it as well... capturing contact info, receiving an email of the transcript, additional customizations, prompt chats. I believe anything you can do increase your engagement with your prospective clients is win. Olark support is great. The chat is also very easy to use on the consumer end.

We are turning leads into prospective clients by engaging with them as soon as they visit our website. We are also able to capture their contact info and target market them once they leave the site. Our website leads have increased by ~80% just by adding the Olark chat feature. The cost is so low compared to the payout for us.

Olark review by Angelica D.
Angelica D.

"Olark a great tool for sales!"

What do you like best?

it is a great tool, is easy to setup and use, it has a lot of features, I like the integrations with other softwares like mailchimp,the reports are very helpful because it shows a lot of important data.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it cannot have an integration with a bot, I would like to have a bot integrated so I can have a frecuent questions database that the boot can answer before to call to an agent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for communications with customers and improve online sales, easy to use and easy to setup.

We solve a problem in our web chat, must of the people do not like to register in a form, so we setup olark as our contact chat, and our sales were up inmediately.

Olark review by Destiny C.
Destiny C.

"Great for Customer Interaction!"

What do you like best?

I like that it's in real-time, you can see what the guest is looking at, and the short cuts make chatting very easy.

What do you dislike?

After 5 minutes if you have not responded to a chat it puts you away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend it for guests to be able to ask small questions without having to call. Or for you to be able to get a guest on the phone if they have more complicated questions.

Since I am in sales, it helps us engage guests that would normally be surfing the web. I get commission only on calls over the phone, so I can disrupt their online booking by offering to answer questions over the phone.

Olark review by Sommer C.
Sommer C.

"Olark gets the job done but needs some work."

What do you like best?

- Olark is great for chatting prospects via instant messaging.

- It is easy to log a chat into the CRM I use with a simple command.

- Transcripts from previous conversations are accessible within the platform.

What do you dislike?

- If a chat ends before using the command to log it into my CRM, you are unable to push the transcript into your notes easily. In order to log it at that point, you would have to copy and paste it into the CRM which just does not make any sense to me.

- Olark's automatic log out feature is not very convenient. It logs you out after 5 mins of inactivity.

- Olark allows me to communicate with customers easily and quickly.

Olark review by User

"Good basic live chat system"

What do you like best?

The design is simple and easy to use, nice integrations with other products and services (like CloudApp and Slack), and easy customization. Great for most businesses and a way to test how effective a live chat feature could benefit your company website. Includes nice reports on how well your conversations with customers went and highlights areas of needed improvement. Olark customer support is great and super responsive.

What do you dislike?

Lack of customization options and minimal changes can be made by a developers standpoint. "One size fits all" function does not work for every business. We have run into some bug issues with responsiveness and overall function, but hasn't completely disabled use. It would be nice to have a better "team" experience where Olark users can join the same chat and take over the discussion if needed. Transferring the chat doesn't work as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great easy to use product for most businesses. However, it lacks some features that other chat services have. For example, implementing bot features is difficult, customization and design options are extremely limited, and JavaScript can sometimes cause hiccups with your website platform or Olark chat itself.

A quicker and easier way for online customers to get questions answered and to voice concerns. Olark chat has easily boosted sales. We have recently launched a new website and had it not been for this live chat feature, we would not have been able to identify sales-impacting bugs in our site.

Olark review by Administrator

"Olark is a great solution! "

What do you like best?

We needed a quick, easy to implement, chat feature for our website. This provided that and a lot more. We quickly integrated it to our CRM and now not only use it for basic service related issues from customers but also as a lead generator!

What do you dislike?

I like this product as it is, I only wonder if I would get a better integration to by CRM if I used their paid service or chat features instead. Overall if you need a good solution for chat this is it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this because it is quick to integrate to your website and also has a lot of other integration available for your CRM options. This will increase your visibility to the customer as well as generate business for you.

Online customer chat function. Lead creation.

Olark review by Administrator in Consumer Electronics
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"Olark - the best chat system"

What do you like best?

Olark is super easy to use and understand. My favorite extension is their shortcut feature. While chatting, you simply hit the semicolon key and all the available shortcuts will pop up. Their system is very modern and fun to use! They also have actions where you can transfer the chat to a different team member, block chatters, or tag a ticket to track issues!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way for an agent to send attachments. This would be super helpful to provide the best and fastest feedback for the customer. Also, there needs to be a way to change the subject of the emails they send you for the offline messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a fun, easy to use and install system for your business, this is the best software you are going to find.

Immediate answers for our customers is our goal. Olark gives a targeted chat, which allows you to set up rules to pop up for specific customers. They also offer an offline version. From here the customer can submit a question and you receive an email to respond to.

You can personalize the chat as well. You can change the colors, fonts and add names and pictures of your clients. I noticed that when we added a name, people stopped assuming that it was a robot.

Olark also integrated with Google Analytics. This is great to see conversion rates.

There is a way to email the transcript to yourself or the customer directly from the chat.

Olark also has surveys. These are in real-time and the customer is notified once the chat ends. This is great to see immediate feedback.

Olark review by Destiny C.
Destiny C.

"Easy to Use Olark"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly. Very bright and colorful. I love the shortcuts ability!

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I can be logged out if I have not spoken to a customer within 5 minutes. If there was an additional notification sound or pop up that would be convenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great way to be able to reach out to customers passively on your website, and be able to answer any questions they may have! Confusion is a guests least favorite feeling, and will what make them go to another site.

We are able to turn passive clicks on our websites and convert them to bookings.

Olark review by Internal Consultant in Consumer Goods
Internal Consultant in Consumer Goods

"Love the interface & API, but wish they had a desktop/phone app!"

What do you like best?

I like their easy to use back-end interface. It is easy to make changes, and they have excellent reporting. I also love the option to get notified if someone adds something to their cart. The API makes it easy to customize to your needs.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they do not have a desktop/phone app. I work with many tabs open, and it would be nice to have to have an Olark app on my toolbar. But this is not a deal breaker, I just created a favorites button to access Olark easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to remove the branding, it is quite pricey. It will cost you about $59.00 monthly.

Olark gives us the ability to have a form on our website when we are offline. We find that customers are more likely to fill out the live chat form then send us an e-mail through our contact page.

Olark review by Cassandra S.
Cassandra S.

"Great way for instant chat on your wesbites"

What do you like best?

Gives members a chance to ask questions as they browse their member site - so you can quickly help manage any concerns or answer questions. Transcripts that get sent after the chats are also helpful for record keeping and following up.

What do you dislike?

It is a little difficult to add the specific teams (so that your team gets directed to the questions you can answer, and sales goes to sales, etc) to your website when you start the process. We needed tech team support and I wish it was just someone more intuitive to use the add-on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth checking this out, seeing what this integrates with. There are many chat services on the market, so just research a handful and pick what works best for you.

On-demand customer support. Gives an avenue for reporting any issues immediately so we can ID them and work more quickly to getting them solved.

Olark review by Irena B.
Irena B.

"Easy to use with great customisation options!"

What do you like best?

Clean looking, easy to use and understand even if you are just starting in Customer Support role where tools sometimes seem to be quite complicated. It easily integrates with your company's website or other frameworks.

I also like that I get automatically signed out of it if I forget to do that.

What do you dislike?

I haven't encountered anything so far that I dislike about it. Perhaps from the Operator side of things, expanding / adding navigation menu to get to the admin area of things would be useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is so far the best LiveChat support system that I've used so far. It's very affordable and if you are still unsure whether you'd like to pay for it, you can trial it for 14 days. Olark has a great community and support, so if you are experiencing any issue be sure you will receive assistance. They also have great help articles as well as Olarkacademy.

Great solution for providing first contact Customer support.

Olark review by Michele M.
Michele M.

"Great product and Support"

What do you like best?

Support is excellent. Product is very stable and reliable. It is easy to use and service is very consistant. We have used this product over 1 year.

What do you dislike?

Wish it had more features, but it is a growing company and I like their dedication. Would like a client assist feature. They used to have it, but are not offering it anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a consistant, stable program for live chat within your product or Website, Olark is a great product. The client services are excellent and our company has been very happy with OLark.

We use O'Lark every day inlive chat of our product. I have not had many issues while using this product. Mostly minor and the team will take care of them quickly. We also use Olark on our website for people who are interested in our software.

Olark review by John S.
John S.

"OLARK is awesome!"

What do you like best?

I love the way OLARK works so much that I use it everyday at work. I love that with OLARK I see the different metrics showing me how many chats I had and the ratings and so on.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything that I dislike about OLARK.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using OLARK for your business if you have the need for chatting with your customers or clients.

The benefits of OLARK are simple...it helps me do my job of communicating with our customers very easily. Another benefit of using OLARK is the co-browsing feature which I use all the time, it's truly amazing! WOW, OLARK is the way to go for chatting software that will keep you up with all the lastest ways to interact with your customers.

Olark review by Ian C.
Ian C.

"Great UI and Support"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the UI used as an operator, and on the viewers side is minimal but effective.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Olark network may not be up but out of 1000 times logging in, this happens maybe 1 to 5 times. Not unreasonable. I also hope operator could send attachments. I also hope there could be a group chat feature for operators.

Quick and fast website loading allows for maximal speed when logging in as operator. 10/10 there is no issues on the viewer side of chat, where operators are able to work fast with auto prompts and commanges.

Olark review by Andrew P.
Andrew P.

"Great Value"

What do you like best?

Olark has a wide array of functions that make it a very valuable live chat platform. Previously, we used LiveEngage by LivePerson, and were very disappointed with its integrations and functionality. With Olark, our sales staff is able to proactively engage website visitors, take them on guided tours of the website, hand off chats to other operators, and use web hooks to import data easily into our CRM (we use Velocify). Their support has been exceptional as well - and all at 1/4 the price we were paying for LiveEngage.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint about Olark is that they still haven't figured a way around ad blockers. With increasingly aware internet users, ad blockers have become more prevalent. To have our live chat service be blocked for those users is disappointing. I'd hope that this is something they're actively working on, though they expressed little concern when I brought it up to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. You're unlikely to find a better product for the money. High-traffic enterprise companies could potentially benefit from a more advanced software, but Olark solves all the basic needs for a SMB.

Olark solved two major business problems for us - one being that it corrected the major flaws of our previous software by giving us a much wider array of functionality. The second was that it made it a lot easier to prove ROI from live-chats and justify the ongoing cost to executive management. Between its low price point and huge array of features, Olark is a great value.

Olark review by Magda W.
Magda W.

"Easy to get started, easy to use"

What do you like best?

How easy everything is. Installation on the site is super quick as is setup and changes. Adding new team members is fast, as is monitoring conversations. If you have a small-ish team you want engaged on chat, you should 100% use this tool. If you have bigger teams (10+) then read other reviews because I haven't used the teams feature yet. But considering how easy everything else is on Olark, I would be surprised if teams is any different.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I really love this tool. If there's an improvement I would make, it's to make finding various settings a bit more intuitive. They aren't always where you'd expect to find them and there's no quick search to figure out it. It's not a drama though - just adds a couple clicks while you look for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should try it, especially if it's your first chat tool or if you don't like your current one. Olark is incredibly easy.

We want to make sure we can answer customer questions as they have them. Olark helps us do that in real time. It helps us engage customers at the exact moment they are considering our product.

Olark review by Michelle M.
Michelle M.

"Good but could be better"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup was ideal since we needed a quick resolution when our previous platform would no longer work for us.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more reporting options and we have the ability to tag chats based on keywords and pages the client was on when speaking with an agent. However, they have added additional reporting features that are helpful.

We needed a way to offer clients omni channel support while fitting in with our brand aesthetic. We have seen an increase in adoption with our clients which get them support faster using a preferred medium. All in all we are happy with the results.

Olark review by Sanjit M.
Sanjit M.

"A great chat service."

What do you like best?

You can customize the chat box however you choose, colors, logos, text, etc.

It now has a mobile option so people on their mobile phones can chat.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment. :) I started using this after a few products a few years ago and it seems to work very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great way to be present and check in with new website visitors.

Trying to be available to potential clients when they want to chat with someone, maybe to ask a question, maybe just to get that warm and fuzzy feeling.

Olark review by Praveen K.
Praveen K.

"A perfect tool to acquire and retain customer"

What do you like best?

Consider a scenario where each company is competing to get new business and retain the existing one in online business domain. Business to be anything e-commerce, online customer support etc.; Olark is the best live chat tool to provide smoother and happy experience for you customers.

(1) Grabs customer's attention: It's UI catches the attention of your customers to get connect with your support team.

(2) Behavioral/Sentimental Analysis: The behavior of customers is traced and could be used to analysis to know their sentiments.

What do you dislike?

Although it is a very light tool but compatibility with applications designed on older technology is a challenge. Also due to high number of upgrades, the API changes frequently. So integration needs to be taken care of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a brilliant tool for all the companies in the online domain as it's beautiful and too easy to use for customers. Also it's one of the cost effective solution for interacting with the customers.

For all the visitors on our company website and the existing customer support tool; we have integrated Olark. It provides the instant and fast conversation. It's so easy for customers to use that the existing raise their tickets/queries via Olark only. It's improving customer satisfaction and therefore, sales.

Olark review by Abiola A.
Abiola A.

"Olark is straight to the point. "

What do you like best?

We needed a live chat program and Olark gave us just that and at an affordable price too.

I like the ui of this program, it is straight forward and easy to navigate. We didn't have to spend days training our staffs on how to use this tool. They picked it up themselves within a day.

What do you dislike?

Olark doesn't yet have a mobile app. Thus our support team can't connect with customers on the move.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may not be the best help desk program out there but it gives great value for its price and provides users with the basic features you expect from an help desk program.

Olark has helped us increase our user to customer conversion rate and also halved our services churn rate.

Olark review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Really great product"

What do you like best?

Simple, straightforward, and easy to use. They've had a few recent bumps but that's only demonstrated their support is great.

PS: their cobrowsing tool is awesome. It's a screensharing app built-in to their app!

What do you dislike?

Their pricing model is pretty wonky. You buy 1, 4, 8, or 16 seats. It was pretty frustrating to want to add 1-2 users, but not have to leave 2-3 slots open for the next 6 months just because of the model.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Olark and their competitors. They all, for the most part, have very similar basic attributes. But some will have better integrations that you may need, others will have something like cobrowsing for screensharing, and others might have something else that's super cool. Olark has an API you can connect to, too (I'm assuming all do, but I'm not sure).

We are Support for our customers in the Financial Tech industry. We've realized that live chat is extremely efficient and customers love it. It's terrific to handle inquiries/questions while working on it rather than trying to hop on a phone call or use email.

Olark review by Rachael M.
Rachael M.

"Olark - the king of chat!!"

What do you like best?

What don't I love about Olark? The easy to use software, amazing customer support and all around fantastic product make Olark easy to love and recommend!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, Olark is one of the best products that I've ever used!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Olark is 1--% worth the small investment that it takes to stay in constant communication with your clients and provide stellar customer service in real time

Constant communication with customers! Olark chat makes it easy to keep your customers engaged in real time! When using Olark, we saw our customer satisfaction skyrocket!

Olark review by Blake B.
Blake B.

"Simple to use and perfect for quick on-boarding. "

What do you like best?

Olark is an outstanding live chat software that's perfect for an entry level customer service team. It's straight forward, has a great UX/UI/ and can be implemented in minutes.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. The software is intuitive and the free trial lets you test out if it's a great fit for your organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you're curious, check out the free trial. It's excellent for for small and mid-sized businesses.

Lightweight customer service in an entry level customer service environment. We increased conversion rates by a third after implementing Olark live chat.

Olark review by Quinton M.
Quinton M.

"Olark, very user friendly & cost effective platform"

What do you like best?

The platform is feature rich and keeps you informed of who you're communicating with.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike with the platform, but if I could change one thing, I'd add an app integration with my CRM so I don't have to have multiple browser tabs open. One for Olark & one for CRM.

General customer support from their PC or mobile browsers. End users can communicate directly with support staff to have a plethora of issues resolved; including sales information.

Olark review by Wade H.
Wade H.

"Olark is a bare-minimum experience, but helpful in working with users"

What do you like best?

It's simple. There is a low barrier to entry for new users. I wish it could do more in terms of sending content to the user, but it's reliable and it works.

What do you dislike?

The content we can send is limited. It would be awesome to be able to send photos, GIFs and other content to the user. I also wish the chat bug was a bit smaller and/or we could push it around the screen depending on the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take full advantage of your own tutorials sites. Make bitly links and make shortcuts in Olark for faster chatting.

I like Olark for communicating with users as they use our product live online. The benefit we get is we are able to head off problems before the user has to call or email us for help.

Olark review by User in Computer Software

"Simple, Easy to set up LIve Chat Service"

What do you like best?

Olark is super simple to implement and get running with. Once you initially set up your preferences this is pretty plug and play and works as you would expect.

Interface is wonderfully customization and the company n general is a delight to work with due to their fantastic customer support and documentation.

What do you dislike?

The dislikes I have mainly stem from our organizations outgrowing of the platform. We are in desperate need of a queue which Olark does not have and I don't foresee them having for some time. They also do not have a robust API which would allow us to create custom dashboards and tap into data housed within Olark to display to our team.

Uptime has also been lacking in the past 6 month. We rely on our live chat for our customer support and when customers are not able to get in to chat with us it's not a pretty sight. Olark is always very responsive and great about updating when they have an issue, sadly this has been more often than one would expect.

And finally we have seen buggy issues with the way chat times are calculated resulting in statistics such as average chat time really worthless as chats do not close properly and thus it seems they continue forever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple, delightful live chat feature for your site Olark is the right app for you. However if you need something more robust and able to handle a queue I would look elsewhere unless things change.

We use Olark to handle our on site live chat in support of our SASS product.

Olark review by Steven L.
Steven L.

"Great intergreation with Sirportly."

What do you like best?

We joined it for integration with Sirportly, but found it fantastic easy to use, cuts down on support tickets and has a fantastic tracking and CRM integration.

What do you dislike?

minor things like can't make it bigger on the user side, if they're sending us large amounts of text it fills up their page pretty quick and same with responses. making it hard to read - BUT, you can send them an email of the transcript showing everything so its a minor thing but it comes with a work around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a non-invasive to the website code - great tracking feature and easy to customise chat for your website. Olark 100%

it's great for giving the customer an instant update.

Olark review by User in Computer Software

"Extremely User Friendly Chat!"

What do you like best?

Olark allows you to create easy shortcuts to use in your chats! Instead of typing each question or comment, I can preload shortcuts so that I only need to type a character! The chat's ability to tell a location and whether or not the visitor is a current or new customer is also extremely helpful! The integration with Salesforce is awesome! Leads get pushed directly to our CRM

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the chat can lag the correct page that the visitor is on. But other than that no complaints!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super easy to use! The integration with Salesforce has been so easy to push leads directly into my CRM!

The ability to talk to potential new customers through the chat is great! I am able to answer questions for prospective customers, and identify those that are current customers!

User in Education Management

"Olark is a straightforward live chat solution"

What do you like best?

I've enjoyed how easy it is to use Olark. It was simple to install on our website, easy to configure, and didn't take much time at all before we were live chatting with customers.

What do you dislike?

Olark lacks a mobile solution and doesn't offer strong alternatives through third party integrations. An integration with Slack is available, but there are some glitches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Olark offers a handy guide that helps get you started.

We initially began offering live chat to customers so that we could solve their issues a little faster. One benefit is that as I have been talking to our users in real time, I am able to assess the situation faster and offer suggestions which help to resolve their core problem.

Olark review by Sean L.
Sean L.

"Olark, exceptional human interaction tool"

What do you like best?

The API. Olark has always had a great api which makes integrating their product with products like ours (ActiveDEMAND) very easy. Our team has been very happy with how easy it was to build a solid, deep integration.

What do you dislike?

Olark's focus is human interaction. I think having the ability to integrate chat bots would be a great next step.

We were looking to integrate a live chat solution with our marketing automation. As our platform is an advanced personalization automation system, we believed great intelligence can be gathered on the website using chat. Olark delivered.

Olark review by Sean L.
Sean L.

"Amazing app to allow customers to get help instantly! "

What do you like best?

Integrates with our website and is immediate connection to problem solve or answer questions to our clients.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a slight outtage and they let you know but I wish the notification were a bit bigger.

We use this daily for tech support and simple questions. Billing, tech, help articles, simple questions. Bugs and more. Customers don’t have to wait for an email to arrive and go back and forth. Mutually beneficial.

Olark review by User in Financial Services

"Love Olark"

What do you like best?

Olark is great for businesses who have a chat function on their website! They make things so easy to chat with customers and the shortcuts are a must!

What do you dislike?

There is some lag in the chats sometimes, but that could have to do with my internet connection.

We use Olark mainly to help customers troubleshoot purchases that they are having issues with or clarifying any questions that they might have about our product. The instant messaging helps a lot with those who are out of the country and needing immediate assistance, or those who are uncomfortable calling in to talk to a representative.

Olark review by Harshita K.
Harshita K.

"Value for money"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the product that provides a seamless user experience.

What do you dislike?

There's not much innovation within the product while the competitors who charge way higher, seem to be adding a new feature with time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a product that -

1. Can fit your budget easily

2. Not be an extensive, can-do-anything tool but provide the basics which fulfils your needs

3. Is simple to use and doesn't involve complex workflows

You should implement Olark without a second thought.

We used Olark for support within the product and engagement with users who came on our website. We were able to succeed solving both using Olark.

Olark review by Sazzad Hossain S.
Sazzad Hossain S.

"Lightweight, customization friendly live support system "

What do you like best?

Shows the online availability within color scheme. Advanced rating system. Easy to integrate with other application's. Very much easy to customize and design with your companies own brand. Accurate visitors analytic. Supports Google Analytics. Mobile responsive.

Web based very good live support solution that have features to implement with other framework or applications. Easy to do branding and live supports are on the fly ! Chat operators can easily start chatting through browser and there is no hassle for downloading the application for chatting. Smart notification alerts that works nice with users.

What do you dislike?

Pricing are too high. Free accounts cannot make conversations more than 20 for a month. Web hook and help desk integration features are available for paid users. Sometimes Chat-bar/ JavaScript loads slowly.

Some of the great features are hidden for paid users. Free users have to purchase then could use the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for good live support solution but not to compromising to invest money for better customer services, you could try Olark.

Olark is yet expensive but built with features or modules that will solve your live support solutions.

Provides live support to clients. Integrate 24 hours live support solutions for valuable customers. Olark has offline based messaging facility that sends emails while clients failed to contact via live support. Easy to integrate and advanced analytics features available for better support.

We could track new clients or exists clients as well. Overall, online live supports are managed by the live support software.

Olark review by Haley S.
Haley S.

"Excellent Chat system"

What do you like best?

We are able to customize our customer experience and also that of our employees. We love having sample answers available and getting to limit ourselves to only 3 chats at a time.

What do you dislike?

There have been a lot of outages in the last few weeks. Olark support was helpful and reached out to us about the problems.

We are much more available for customers and many have said they appreciate this.

Olark review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Such an easy program for new chat users!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple the system is to use and implement. It took us no time to get up and running and is such an amazing tool for our customers. Our Customers also love the quick easy solution for questions they have. If customers are on our website and have a question, they do not want any stumbling blocks on their path to purchase and this solves that issue!

What do you dislike?

We can’t easily transform a chat into our support system to create a ticket. Reporting is by extremely customizable either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this chat program. It's extremely easy to install and the Mobile Version is clean and simple. We have DEFINITELY received our ROI out of this :)

Olark helps us answer questions in real-time in order to lessen the path to purchase. We are able to convert our customers much quicker by removing stumbling blocks.

Olark review by Alexander V.
Alexander V.

"A must have for b2b sales"

What do you like best?

It is professional, very user-friendly. A useful way of boosting b2b sales.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't run into any cons. Every once in a while it seems the chat timeout but might be my connection.

Gives me another alternative. I can qualify potential clients and stay focus on midsize to large companies looking for our Timesheet / Project Management enterprise software while visiting our site.

Olark review by Kaylee E.
Kaylee E.

"Simplistic, Yet All You Need"

What do you like best?

Olark is super simple to use, but also allows you to do everything you'd expect a chat software to accomplish.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Olark times out a little quickly, and marks my status as "away" without me noticing.

Olark is a great way to be of service to potential customers, as well as existing customers at any moment. This product breaks down a barrier that without Olark would hinder our revenue growth, and transparency with current customers.

Olark review by Ma-Keba F.
Ma-Keba F.

"Great platform!"

What do you like best?

Chats still go through when no users are active on the site, so we can still see who reached out to us when we weren't in the office and attempt to follow up with them.

What do you dislike?

No real dislikes, but it would be awesome is there was a mobile version (an app) so that we can chat with prospects on the go.

Connecting with inbound leads. Has helped us with setting appts for ppl that we probably normally would speak with if they didn't call us.

Olark review by User

"A helpful addition to our website."

What do you like best?

I enjoy Olark and how we are able to connect with customers in real time. It's nice sending automated messages as well, even when we aren't available to chat.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I turn off a targeted chat it still shows up to site visitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

We are solving customer's problems and answering questions faster than ever before talking with them in real time. We have found that since we get to troubleshoot on the spot, we are able to make more sales because customers do not get confused and leave the site.

Olark review by JoAnna C.
JoAnna C.

"Easy integration, great features. Instant customer feedback"

What do you like best?

Easy code integration into our ecommerce website. Easy learning curve. Follow the customer as they browse. Looks good, works even better. Away times are useful too.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of. Except maybe more of a way to save past customer details.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It's not going to let you down.

Having the ability to see who's on your site is also valuable, even if they don't interact, you can see what pages people spend time on. You can reduce cart abandonment too, if someone has a question in their late stage of the buying process. I like Olark because it has all of the features I want, and it's a great value.

Olark review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Olark is a good chat for support solution"

What do you like best?

It's easy for clients to write in for help, they get instant access to a team of experts, and the experience is seamless on their end.

What do you dislike?

It's hard as a user to see who on the team is taking a conversation. There's no real time transcript updating like Intercom. Often, I've typed out a response to a client before I realize someone else already responded, so that was time wasted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good tool if you have a very small team, but is cumbersome and doesn't scale well for large support teams.

Chat for support for our clients. It's a great solution for them when they need help.

Olark review by Madalane L.
Madalane L.

"Olark"

What do you like best?

It's easy to locate transcripts when needed

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about it other than sometimes when it takes a minute to load, other than that,no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very useful in an Operations setting especially for casework

locating duplicates cases of the same issues if a customer reaches out via Olark, we can resolve duplicate cases or help track old conversations to resolve new issues

Olark review by Jerod J.
Jerod J.

"Great program, great customer service!"

What do you like best?

Immediate and friendly customer service whenever a question arises

What do you dislike?

Difficulty and expensive to customize appearance (beyond very simple adjustments)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works out of the box, unless you're wanting to do extensive customizations. If so, be prepared to pay quite a bit more. Unfortunately there's currently not a great solution for the small business that wants the chat box to match their branding perfectly.

Having chat available for our customers is extremely helpful in selling our products - we're a forklift and warehouse supply dealer, and most of our products are complex. Chat has provided a way for customers to quickly and easily do research, making them more likely to buy!

Olark review by Jacco d.
Jacco d.

"Simple chat functionality for immediate use"

What do you like best?

Olark is the simplest chat website plugin on the market. We were able to add the code and get started affordably while customizing the chat to fit our website. After upgrading from the free version we were able to adjust the account and prospect engagement based on our needs. We now also added the chat functionality to our marketing pages and blog as we're generating leads and moving them along in the sales process.

What do you dislike?

No major things to dislike. We've already upgraded and moved to more advanced functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to just try it out and see how it works for you.

Capture attention of website visitors to ask their questions as they have them before you lose them. This results in both new lead generation and lead nurturing for existing ones.

Olark review by Chad B.
Chad B.

"Olark is a great chat plugin for any websites. "

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use with Olark. It's a simple tool but offers plenty of robust features to chat with customers who are viewing my web page. I'm able to archive and retrieve chats from previous customers and view them all in a clean format.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike much about Olark, but it doesn't seamlessly connect with HubSpot, which makes keeping transcripts in one place, with a specific contact, a bit challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at this tool combined with your CMS and CRM, and make sure that they all integrate seamlessly.

We are currently using Olark to chat with visitors on the company site. It's beneficial becuase we are able to chat in real-time, with instant qualifications to potential clients.

Olark review by User in Internet

"Olark Review"

What do you like best?

A major perk of Olark is the ability to search past conversations. This allowed us to follow up with customers after the chat. Additionally, we learned more about the needs of our customers and were able to identify trends that influenced our priorities. Another bonus is its integration with Zendesk, which we were using already for offline support.

What do you dislike?

Connectivity issues were a problem. We would appear to be offline during hours that we guaranteed support for our users. Often times the "fix" was a process of clearing the cache, cookies, and changing settings, hoping that something would work. This all takes time and users would get really frustrated, which can hurt a business's reputation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In addition to reading these reviews, check social media. For example, Olark has two twitter accounts (@Olark and @OlarkSupport) one to promote content and the other to monitor the status. Make sure that their content aligns with your team's goals and growth.

Olark allowed my team to quickly address questions and issues that users had in real time. It was an amazing development for us, as customers saw this as an additional value. Being better informed allowed us to shift our focus and priorities based on their needs.

Olark review by David G.
David G.

"Fantastic sales aid working 24/7"

What do you like best?

A really great tool that sits on our site and never misses an opportunity to engage with visitors, even when we're not available. It's really easy to customize the solution to suit our needs with appropriate messages and timed responses to site visitors. Great reports too to show who was on your site (guess from revers IP look up), which pages they visited and of course a record of any conversations.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I would recommend any company to use it.

Using Olark means we never miss the opportunity to engage with website visitors in a friendly and non-evasive way. It's like having our sales guys monitoring activity 24 hours a day. We have definitely found new prospects through Olark.

Olark review by Akram Hasan S.
Akram Hasan S.

"Just an average customer support system"

What do you like best?

I have been searching for customer chatting system for a very long time. My searching lead me to many live support chat system, Olark one of them. Realtime user monitor and chat facility pretty much like others. Reporting, Integration, department, agents everything pretty much useful. But wasn't satisfying because of file sharing, screen capture from remote, SPI call, ticket system, more important custom theme. I didn't find those options on Olark. Still is good service and I will recommend for new and small businesses.

What do you dislike?

Not so user friendly and not many options available. Will consider to see them include more features like file sharing, screen capture from remote, SPI call, ticket system, more important custom theme.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For small business this service can bring profit.

Live support chat, actually this service wasn't very satisfying.

Olark review by Nicole N.
Nicole N.

"Great way to connect to our customers in real-time"

What do you like best?

It makes it easy for different members of our company to connect with our customers when they need us. The transcript being saved and sent to appropriate people is also extremely helpful for keeping records.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes messages go to multiple people on our team who are signed on, or if they get kicked out and come back on they get reassigned. Causes some confusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the shortcuts! They make answering common questions so much easier.

Being able to answer our customers' questions and concerns immediately, rather than making them wait.

Olark review by Wilhelm L.
Wilhelm L.

"Providing us with a great solution for live chat"

What do you like best?

Riskalyze has recently been using Olark as our live chat solution and our clients are loving it. Having quick and reliable contact with our world class support team has made all of our users very happy. We first started the roll out on a smaller scale, but after that went so well, we decided to open Olark up to all users.

Although there is a split in our user base and most of our user base is of an older demographic, Olark is loved. No one has difficulty using it and our support team is able to provide every customer with great service.

What do you dislike?

Olark does not provide us with much information. It is common for one of our support staff to report that "chat" wants this. It would be very beneficial to automatically be able to grab information about the person on the other side of the chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Olark is quick and easy to implement. We will be tapping into Olark soon to start grabbing critical data for our support and coaching teams. Having live chat is a necessity in 2016 and everyone should jump on the Olark train because it's going fast.

Olark is providing our business with a solution to not having live chat. In today's modern world not having live chat is extremely irresponsible. Phone and email are no longer enough, and Olark gives us a way to be modern with live chat that's fast and reliable.

Olark review by Mackenzie L.
Mackenzie L.

"Great Integrations and Simple to Use!"

What do you like best?

The best part about Olark is how simple it is to integrate into your website. It is also very simple for agents to use. Many times, customers want immediate responses to their questions and Olark has helped us provide that causing sales to skyrocket.

What do you dislike?

There are no dislikes. Everything works well for what our business needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set up the custom

It gives our customers a direct support contact, whether we are online or offline. It helps us get into contact when they are looking to buy right away, increasing our conversions.

Olark review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Great Chat Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the alert feature and that you can set up an automated message to people browsing the site after a set amount of time. Also being able to chat with co-workers at our other location for a quick question or clarification on something is handy as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the audio alerts don't happen and I've missed chats because of this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It's user friendly, customizable, and very helpful.

Not really solving any problems, but giving more access to easy question answering to potential customers who visit the site.

Olark review by Adam D.
Adam D.

"The only Live Chat we use"

What do you like best?

We use Olark for our in-product Live Chat, as well as when leads are watching a demo. Our sales team can live chat potential clients and get them engaged right away. We have 2 member of our team rotate to live chat weekly to ensure that all of our team is trained on how to answer tickets quickly.

What do you dislike?

I struggle to find issue with it, but I would say that there seems to be an issues where the chat does not load for certain users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have Intercom in house to track engagement, and we still choose to use Olark over Intercom's live chat. :)

Olark has bridged a gap between our Users and our team to make communication seamless and delightful. Our support team is able to handle 3 times the amount of tickets now that we are utilizing a Live Chat Feature.

Olark review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Simple, but too buggy to be worth it"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the platform. Very easy to navigate and not too many bells and whistles as to confuse you.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of outages and all points of the day. They need to stabilize the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need chat available all the time, this is not the right service. if you can handle some outages, the price-point and simplicity could make it a good option.

Great, easy way to communicate with customers. Very intuitive interface makes it easy.

Olark review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Adequete but not fully featured, need native apps or pretty useless"

What do you like best?

Embedding live chat with a line of JS is pretty sweet. Helps us communicate with our users by pulling specific ones (triggered by analytics events) into a chat and lets us provide live help within our app! The web interface is good but logs us out too easily. The api is okay and the administration of operators is good. The price is okay, currently still on a free startup plan but will need to pay soon.

What do you dislike?

NO MOBILE APPS! What year is it, olark? Both on android and iOS you need to use junky 3rd party chat apps that have zero tools for a business communication app. Even firehose chat is better! With happy fox and zopim out there as well, olark needfs to step its game up, heavily.

There is no option to not set your opeators to "offline" if they miss a chat, which I should be able to disable. Our operators have permission to skip specific chat topics but this sets them offline!! WHY!?

The chat the user sees looks almost "fake" and untrusted. A lot of times users ignore it because they think we'll be a robot on the other end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Zopim and Happy Fox (if you can get on the beta) as well as Olark before you choose. They're all meh but one may win for your use case.

Needed to provide support to some users, live as well as trigger chats with specific users we select (sort of like intercom but built in-house). It works okay for both of these, we can in fact chat with them, the experience is just sub-par.

Olark review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Simplistic Chat Service"

What do you like best?

It's pretty straightforward and easily customizable, for admins. I enjoy that its somewhat basic, because you don't have to worry about getting too complicated. It does have the basics, like showing where the user came from, or what page they were viewing. FAQ's were hosted by an external tool, however it was still easy to refer them to it, and it was easy to have canned responses. There was no auto-greeting however which could use work.

What do you dislike?

The internal support team is not all that helpful, and some features just aren't available, which is disappointing. Emailing to our users was a big one, as well as assignment to specific admins. Additionally, it opened a new conversation every time a user chatted, which means there was no conversation flow/not able to refer to previous messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for quick-fix, this would be the product. Otherwise, there's many other alternatives out there.

Customer communication.

Olark review by Phil K.
Phil K.

"Simple To Use, Solid Live Chat Tool"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for any department. I am primarily a sales user and use it to communicate with potential leads trafficking our website. We also use it for our support team as well so I love the simplicity for transferring someone to another operator within our account.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any real issues to this point with the exception of maybe one or two service outages within the past 8-9 months.

Engagement with potential prospects or leads who visit our website and have questions. Client success team also uses for handling support related questions and tickets with existing clients.

Olark review by Dallas K.
Dallas K.

"Good solution"

What do you like best?

Flexibility of setup options. Easy integration with our website. Generally high service availability. And accessibility (via live chat), responsiveness and technical ability of the vendor's customer service agents.

What do you dislike?

A very nitpicky feature request, but one I personally find disappointing that it's not there: Would prefer audio notifications of new chats only until chat is accepted; is not necessary (for us) to have an audio notification of every chat transmission sent by a website visitor once the chat is accepted. Leads to a lot of muting of agents' computer sound, which causes them to miss notifications of new chats.

I believe we have better engagement with users and prospects with this system.

Olark review by Ryan T.
Ryan T.

"Great Chatting Tool!"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity and how you can preset commands! Very easy to lean how to use and very user friendly. I have looked into many chatting tools and and very happy with Olark and will be continuing to use Olark

What do you dislike?

I think some of the rating questions could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a chatting tool on your website, than Olark is the one you want.

I have realized Olark brings in lead generation! Also the activity on our website has increased.

Olark review by Danielle W.
Danielle W.

"using olark to chat with customers"

What do you like best?

It is easy to navigate. I like that you can create you own macros

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I don't like about olark. Some customers say that it is hard to minimize

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendations at this time.

We are chatting with customers through our online store.

Olark review by Chamakhe M.
Chamakhe M.

"With Olark,I knew just what I was paying for."

What do you like best?

I love the user interface ; very self explanatory.Navigation was straight forward and easy to understand.Chat triggers too were effective.

What do you dislike?

We had issues with customization.Having used alternative programs,there was the feeling more needs to be done customization wise,especially as it relates to pre-chat survey and chat queue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TAKE A TRIAL FIRST ALONGSIDE OTHER RIVAL PROGRAMS AND SELECT THE ONE WHICH WORKS BEST FOR YOU.

We converted regular website visitors to customers.This visitors ordinarily would had bypassed our product if we werent live to answer their questions.

Olark review by Administrator

"Such a great live chat program!"

What do you like best?

We implemented this in a day and it was SO easy to install. You can customize it a bit to match your branding. The customer's portal and the admin's portal is super clean and easy to use. It gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is not extremely customizable. They just added send a photo, which is GREAT. I wish admins can send photos back, but I Think OLARK is working on this already. Other than that, I do not have many complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It also integrates with most web software programs like BigCommerce! Great news for us to keep track of customers :)

Increasing conversion rates, reducing customer service emails and time, improving customer satisfaction with quick access to questions/answers.

Olark review by Isaac P.
Isaac P.

"Website chat with great Pardot integration"

What do you like best?

Olark integrates seamlessly with Pardot allowing our sales development team to engage in conversations with prospects and easily track the conversation in Salesforce without any manual processes.

What do you dislike?

We've been using Olark for nearly a year and it has been meeting our needs very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using Olark for a month to ensure that your team can evaluate if web chat is a benefit to your prospects and customers. If you are using Pardot for Marketing Automation, the integration makes Olark a standout solution.

We started using Olark as part of our demand generation strategy to improve conversion on our website. We have just started using it to route chats to our customer service team.

Olark review by Robert H.
Robert H.

"Wriggle-review of Olark"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Good features, like customers being able to leave messages when the team is offline, and ability to see what page the customer is viewing (and where they're based).

Very simple to add onto our website (a Squarespace site) as well

What do you dislike?

On the free version you can only have 1 account. It would be good to have 2 (although I understand why they do it!). The conversation limit is also low.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! Easy to set-up and free depending on your usage

Allowing customers to communicate issues and questions with my team more efficiently, and thereby increasing conversion rates.

"A great chat program"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, and it's easy to implement. I think we were up and running within a week of buying the software.

What do you dislike?

It'd be nice to be able to attach files, as when we work with students, we often need to send them documents, so it'd be nice to do that via chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, inexpensive, easy to implement.

It's a great way to communicate. People don't always want to call or email, so this gives them another option. It's widely utilized.

Olark review by Matthew W.
Matthew W.

"Olark is where it's at!"

What do you like best?

Olark is the best chat tool hands down. It's simple to use, has a depth of features, and utilizes great features. I love the chat interface a lot, the Accepting New Chats/Not Accepting New Chats functionality is perfect. I have 4 monitors and being able to see out of the corner of my eye if I'm accepting chats is key. Your status is obvious and since I am away from desk off and on a lot not accepting chats is easy to set and easy to confirm that's my setting.

We have Olark integrated with our CRM software, Nutshell, using their available API. It allows us to talk to leads on our site and log the conversation in Nutshell simply by typing !lead when the conversation is done.

There are desktop notifications so you are notified even if you somehow have the tab hidden.

We also used some options to pull data from our web application for users that are signed in, name, email, phone are all pulled automatically and we're working on adding additional functionality.

The customization settings are very well done and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I did have a dislike here but after some searching I found out what I was hoping to do was already possible! So as of now, I'm not finding anything that I currently dislike or could even hope to improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it's not something you can just trial without involving developers it's a must have tool that everyone needs.

Sometimes you get leads on your website and they aren't the phone call or email type. Having chat is a necessary business decision and every web application needs it to provide the best customer service.

For our paying clients having chat adds more legitimacy to the system as they know help is a chatbox away and they don't need to call in.

Olark review by Harrison B.
Harrison B.

"Olark: Chat it up ALL DAY!"

What do you like best?

Live chatting with my customers makes my job like 10x easier! Instead of slogging through phone calls all day, I can help like 8-10 customers an hour over 2-3. This is amazing.

What do you dislike?

The screen sharing is still in beta, but that is totally okay. Its a snazzy feature I look forward for a full release.

We can now scale our customer support team much smoother! There are no words to describe how important that is. We dont need 15 people on the phones call day, we need 3 people on phones and 5 live chat operators. BOOM!

Olark review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Great UI/UX"

What do you like best?

The interface on all pages is clean and well thought out. The controls are all extremely easy to manage as well.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is a bit difficult to play with and to export into our home grown system.

It allows us to handle multiple customers at the same time instead of being on the phone. It also allows us to freely pass customers to different agents which is a nice perk.

Olark review by Bjørn J.
Bjørn J.

"Easy Chat Tool"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to connect Olark to Zendesk, so this way, there's always a place for messages to go.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. It does what it's supposed to do in a simple manner.

Direct chat and always having an outlet to chat with us as a customer.

Olark review by Jerry P.
Jerry P.

"Great web chat system - super simple to get going and really helpful team"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy to get up and running plus valuable insights into who is on the site in real time.

What do you dislike?

Support services could be better, but this is not a major criticism, and some support has been excellent, just one or two occasions where it fell short of the mark.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great web chat software, super simple to setup and tailor. Go live in minutes!

We wanted web chat to see if it improved our web conversion rates. It has!

Olark review by Administrator

"Great for answering client questions"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of quickly answering clients questions while logged in AND while logged off.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I don't like yet

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, and there's nothing more positive than avoiding losing a client over confusion - Olark makes it easy for them to ask questions and you to answer questions!

Answering clients' questions that aren't able to be answered from the information on our website.

Olark review by User

"Olark, website chat and customer engagement"

What do you like best?

Olark is a great way to engage with prospective customers and current users of your product. It provides a different method of engagement than the traditional email or phone-based contact. It also enables our company to more efficiently capture online prospects and solve simple support requests.

What do you dislike?

Solving more complicated issues via a chat feature can be difficult, and recently we have had issues with our customer base being able to access our chat via Olark.

Olark has helped to provide faster customer service to our user base, making our support team more efficient. It also helps us to engage with skittish prospects and set up demos to close future business.

Olark review by Admir M.
Admir M.

"Good for growing business"

What do you like best?

Easy use, good support, efficiency, superb options

What do you dislike?

nothing really, all of options that we as company need are included

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would truly recommend for anyone handling webshop our any kind of website that needs to collect leads.

We have implemented Olark chat on our website to connect with our visitors and to collect leads and to be there 0-24h support for our webshop. We have made growth in our sales + collected tons of leads for our business.

Olark review by Jonathan W.
Jonathan W.

"Olark is Great"

What do you like best?

Shortcut responses, turn on and off easily, find transcripts easily. I like that it remembers who talked to whom.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how if, I leave it on on accident, sometimes it lets dozens of conversations come through, and other times Ollie cuts me off. I wish it cut me off more consistently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn to make quick commands early on! Will save you time. Establish clear rules for how it is to be used.

Quick easy responses.

Olark review by User in Computer Software

"User friendly interface for chatting with customers"

What do you like best?

I like the easy to use interface on the user end and on the customer side. It's easy to navigate .

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have too many dislikes. I really enjoy the platform. I wish maybe there were some improvements available for the transfer function, but besides that I'm pretty happy.

Being able to reach the customer not on the phone is a very useful function and Olark is very useful in being able to achieve this.

Olark review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Olark Helps Agency Respond To Live Chat"

What do you like best?

Our agency was looking to add a click to chat function and we didn't want to break the bank. My team reviewed several competitors and landed on Olark based on useability and price.

What do you dislike?

Some of the other competitors were more sophisticated and offered more templated responses, but for the money we are satisfied with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are satisfied with the quality of the product for the price point. We currently have 2 managers, so it's not super expensive for my agency.

We wanted to be able to have a chat function on our agency's site so that we could showcase what web and dev work we've implemented for our clients. Practice what you preach. We have actually had a couple of prospective clients respond in live chat, so it has been a selling tool for us thus far!

Olark review by Tyler D.
Tyler D.

"I am a happy customer of Olark"

What do you like best?

it has very simple integration with Zen Cart or any site. it just works. Users need very little training. I like the new feedback function. With very simple configurations you can do it to do very powerful things. It integrates with Google Analytics very well. I love being able to see what page our customers are on while they browse our site. When we are not available it turns into an awesome contact us form. I love the ability to magically push a site visitor to a different page on our site. The dashboard, transcripts, reporting has been great. I really like the new Customer Satisfaction surveys that it asks.

What do you dislike?

The zen cart shopping cart system olark integration has to be able to show me the product names, quantity, attributes, and order total of what is in my customers shopping cart at any given time. I wish I could see a record of when my reps were listed as available or not. I wish I could see a record of when chats were so busy that their max number of chats were reached. I wish a follow up to the customer saying "are you still here or is there any way i can serve you more?" and then a customer satisfaction survey would be asked automatically after a set amount of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the !push command regularly! I use it on 10% of chats.

we serve our customers much better because we are right in front of them ready to serve them. We can react within seconds instead of minutes or hours. Also site visitors don't have to call us to get their questions answered. They can do it with the same device they are already using. We are also able to increase sales dramatically by solving customer confusion or offering additional products based on their browsing habits.

Olark review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Extremely User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Olark is extremely easy to use. It boots you off automatically if you forget to log out and don't respond to a chat within a few minutes. It pop's on your screen when anyone chats you like how an IM or Google Hangouts would.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike about olark. It's simple, straight forward, and easy.

We have a lot of traffic on our website and not everyone is calling in. With Olark we are able to chat with more of our customer base.

Olark review by User in Computer Software

"Olark has been a useful tool to us thus far."

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that you can use API's to integrate Admin access on our end within Olark.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Analytical reports will not email to me in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an extremely useful tool for implementing a chat feature within your company.

It allows us to chat with our customers - therefore offering quicker support than traditional methods. The ease of communication is excellent, and our customers are big fans of the chat feature.

Olark review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"Great Chat Option"

What do you like best?

The amount of features you get for the small amount you pay. We researched multiple options but this was the best value. I like the ability to reach out to customers if they are stuck on pages and the ability to screen share so we can see what customers are looking at.

What do you dislike?

There are no features that I dislike at this time.

We are trying to reduce the amount of calls coming into our call center. We are seeing multiple users using our chat functionality, which is cheaper than if the same user called into our call center since one agent can chat with multiple customers.

Olark review by Pete B.
Pete B.

"Great chat tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and robust ability. We use Olark on our site and it has been a great tool to add as we have been able to capture additional client info when they are not willing to use our web form.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there is not much to dislike. It is a straight forward tool for businesses to connect with their clients online via chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Olark is awesome. Plain and simple. If you are looking to engage with your clients online then this tool will work great. It also integrates well with other online solutions.

Capturing additional information from clients as well as engaging them in a less forward manner. Also increasing the amount of time people spend on our site.

Olark review by Luke F.
Luke F.

"Cheap, no frills, gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Olark is by far the cheapest option out there. They get the job done.

What do you dislike?

They don't have a lot of things build in for automation such as high quality chat bots etc. They are the discount airline of chat providers

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something no frills. Olark is a solid option. If you want to deflect contact etc. you will have to go with something higher end

Chat support

"Olark is Easy"

What do you like best?

I like that you can send the chat to Freshdesk on command.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it lets the customer rate the chats. They don't know what they're talking about.

Olark is good for quick problems that the support team can solve: people asking questions, people doing something on our website and needing instruction, etc. It more efficient to use Olark than to talk on the phone or respond to an email for these types of problems.

Olark review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Speak with potential students/parents/teachers about our college program"

What do you like best?

I like the enabled notifications. It is extremely helpful to have a popup notifying me of a new chat.

I also enjoy the feature of putting my status in away if I am idle for a certain amount of time.

I like being able to see which pages the guest has visited on our website.

What do you dislike?

I wish that from the main chat page I could easily click a button to review previous transcripts instead of having to open a new page and make a few clicks.

I work at a college, and a lot of high school students prefer a live chat option so for us it is extremely beneficial to have this as an outlet for them to contact us. It is also convenient for parents who work 9-5 to just hop on our website and ask their questions instead of having to make a phone call. Typically the questions are simple enough that we can simply send them a link.

"Easy to Navigate"

What do you like best?

Ease of use; very intuitive. Can easily search transcripts for previous conversations and integrates well with Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a way to direct chat to different teams; i.e. Sales vs Support

Great for assisting customers who are reluctant to get on the phone without having to deal with the slow pace of emails. Nice way for customers to reach out for quick questions as well.

Olark review by User in Computer Software

"Great way to manage traffic to your website"

What do you like best?

I love being able to reach out to my website traffic. It is an easy way to answer any questions and make a personal connection with people to retain them.

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing I do not like about Olark. They let you customize your conversation box so you can make it according to your needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great way to reach out to your website visitors. If you are not available then they can leave you a message so you can reply and reach out to them. I highly recommend it.

It helps businesses reach out to the website visitors.

User in Education Management

"Effective customer service and lead generation tool"

What do you like best?

It is simple to use, integrates well so we can use iPhone app and desktop client.

What do you dislike?

I think it is expensive for what it is and vs other options on the market. I also find that the online support they offer is always offline so have never been able to get support (we are in Sydney AUS, so I know this is probably dude to time zones - but just a disappointment)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good - but it does what others also do.

We use it as both a customer service tool and a lead generation tool.

"Olark Chat"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use dashboard. It allows you to store a generous amount of prepared responses to common questions to improve efficiency as well as give quicker responses to prospects.

What do you dislike?

It seems to go in rest mode too quickly which I think I probably have control over. Really nothing to complain about. It is pretty efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great choice if you are trying to get closer to people visiting your website.

It allows us to respond to prospects and customers questions a lot faster an with a lot less steps then in the past

Olark review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Easy as can be"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and simple controls. All of my team members were able to pick it up without any training. The online portal is accessible from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, it does exactly what we need it to do. There is nothing that I dislike that has impact on how we use the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. Its super easy to implement and you will start seeing benefits immediately.

We needed a way for our customers and prospect to reach our business at anytime and without any road blocks. Olark's chat solved that issue for us.

Olark review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Olark chat is simple!"

What do you like best?

Olark is very simple and to the point. The setup is easy and most importantly the chat is easy to use for our staff. I like the integration with salesforce.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more reports within Olark. I would also like to see some more custom options with fields and syncing those fields to Salesforce.

We are trying to provide high visibility to our potential students and connecting them to our staff. We are also trying to sync our students data to our saleforce CRM with easy. This integration works very well.

Olark review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Great platform"

What do you like best?

We've been running Olark for a year at this point and it's been trouble free. We came from another vendor and had nothing but issues. With support bases all over the world, Olark helps us balance workloads and communicate on backchannels easily and in real time. Very helpful.

Reporting is a good start.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to dislike. Perhaps more customization options to exactly match my site, but that's a big ask.

Olark review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Amazing!"

What do you like best?

The real time interaction with our potential customers has helped us shorten the time between first contact and the sale

What do you dislike?

I have yet to come across anything that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! It will improve your traffic, which will increase sales

What business p