OMBEA

OMBEA is an audience response system that displays live feedback on people's opinions and knowledge, easy to use with Microsoft PowerPoint slides for voting, engagement and assessment.

Work for OMBEA?

Learning about OMBEA?

OMBEA Reviews

Ask OMBEA a Question
Showing 5 OMBEA reviews
OMBEA review by <span>Nitin P.</span>
Nitin P.

"Industry leading voting platform"

What do you like best?

It just works! I've used a variety of voting platforms within a range of contexts over the last decade or so, where OMBEA is amongst the very best. I've used both the physical 'clickers' during teaching sessions as well as the Response App, both of which can be used independently of each other or seamlessly together.

As a Mac user primarily, the OMBEA Response 360 is the perfect lightweight app so open as and when needed. For Microsoft PowerPoint integration, I switch to Windows (using Parallels) where I can take advantage both OMBEA and PowerPoint to develop the engaging and interactive lectures for my students.

I have explored using the Response App in both anonymised and named forms for learners, exploring the benefits and drawbacks of each approach.

What do you dislike?

Integration of OMBEA with PowerPoint for Mac would be ideal, though the Support Team at OMBEA have always been helpful at talking through "What" I am trying to achieve before moving to the "How" - and then suggesting an always suitable solution.

An app that offers push notifications would offer a more native experience on mobile, but the web app is more than suitable for my needs to date (over the last three years).

Within my teaching, I have always sought to take a learner centred approach (allowing them to drive the drive of the lecture to an extend), whilst ensuring that Learning Outcomes are being met for a particular lecture. OMBEA helps me to do this by allowing me to gather feedback from learners both easily and quickly, without being intrusive on my teaching style.

OMBEA, both as a product and as a company, have encouraged me to think deeper about my own practice, where their challenge continues to keep me striving to deliver the very best lectures for my students.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about OMBEA
OMBEA review by <span>Steve H.</span>
Steve H.

"Great way of engaging my trainees"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the PowerPoint plugin is amazing. It's what drew me to OMBEA in the first place. It's very easy to add polling to your presentation but you can do more than that if you wish as well.

The software does a lot. If you want to use smartphones, you can. If you want to use clickers, you can. If you want both, you can!

I only use it with small groups but I first came across it at a seminar at the TrainCon summit last year. The presenter there was using it with around 200 people and it worked really smoothly.

They've got really good help files online and that's how I've been learning the more advanced parts of OMBEA. My contact there has offered my a webinar. Although I haven't taken her up on it yet it's nice to know that they care enough to reach out to me like this.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really stands out as a major dislike. I haven't explored some of the really advanced features (e.g. the Advanced Comparison Wizard) so I can't comment on them but it's reassuring to know that they're there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The main thing I would say is that you need to be a Windows user because I don't think the PowerPoint side supports a Mac. They have some Mac software but I haven't tried it or seen it.

It's worth talking to the team there if you have a use in mind because in my case they really took the time to listen to and understand my scenario before they made a recommendation.

My use is quite simple and it's two-fold.

1. I run training sessions and some of them are for quite dry topics. I use the OMBEA questions to get the audience more engaged and to keep them awake, e.g. after lunch etc.

2. Since I work as a freelance trainer, I need to submit delegate feedback to my clients. Instead of writing up paper forms I'm now able to run it all through OMBEA questions and then send the Excel reports straight over with no hassle.

What Audience Response solution do you use?

OMBEA review by <span>Marc B.</span>
Marc B.

"Fast and effective polling software"

What do you like best?

The software is very intuitive and easy to get to grips with. This was essential in helping encourage adoption by our lecturers, who have very little time to spare learning new technologies.

The PowerPoint integration is excellent, enabling you to poll the audience without breaking the flow of your presentation to jump out into another program.

The team at Ombea provide excellent support and actively work with you to get the most out of the software. For us, this included supporting our staff in the transition from another popular piece of polling software to Ombea. Furthermore, when we identified a bug in the software the team were very quick to fix it.

What do you dislike?

The front end of the system is excellent but the adminstrative system and analytics could be improved. Ombea have listened to our feedback and are currently working with us to improve the system.

We wanted to be able to provide technology to allow enhanced teacher/learner interactivity in all of our learning spaces which Ombea has helped us to achieve.

-Where used, the student learning experience is improved through the ability to respond to questions during face-to-face teaching sessions allowing students to (depending on the type of questions posed) - evaluate their own knowledge and learning, compare themselves against their peers and have knowledge of the opinion of the group.

-The technology enables staff to obtain student interaction in large group teaching scenarios and allows them to obtain instant, in-class feedback on student understanding, knowledge and opinion that can allow them to tailor the class appropriately for the audience.

-Use of the system at University open days and other events enables the gathering of data and also promotes the fact that the University uses innovative technology.

OMBEA review by <span>Erika J.</span>
Erika J.

"Easy software and hardware"

What do you like best?

My job was to administer the training materials that my colleagues used to deliver. We previously had a really old voting system, which was a real pain with the software (it was really slow and used to crash all the time). The ombea software was different - very straightforward to use. Everything I needed was right there in the toolbar and because it worked in PowerPoint it made my job so much easier. The clickers were well designed compared with our older system. They’re really small and light, and the batteries lasted for ages (the old system need charging up every night).

What do you dislike?

When I first started using it I wished there were more report options but then a new version was launched that added those options so I have no real complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can download and try the software yourself from their website so it’s easy to see if it’s right for you. For us it was a very clear decision once we had tried this.

The voting technology gave the trainers a way of keeping their trainees engaged. It also made it much easier test their knowledge, which was important on some of the courses we arranged. And finally it made it much easier to collect all the feedback in one place really quickly because the software gave us Excel spreadsheets right out of the back of a training session. The trainers used to send these to me to put together and, since they were in Excel, it saved me a lot of time.

OMBEA review by <span>Paul B.</span>
Paul B.

"Superb tool for anyone who speaks in public and wants to improve participation and collect data"

What do you like best?

The functionality is superb. It is so easy to use and collects really useful real time data. It also adds a sense of participation to a speaking engagement.

What do you dislike?

So far absolutely nothing although it is early days

Collection of real time data that is anonymous.

Crowd engagement and participation.

Report generation.

Learning about OMBEA?

* We monitor all OMBEA reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.