OmniFocus

Showing 29 OmniFocus reviews
OmniFocus review by <span>Ryan M.</span>
Ryan M.

Best digital GTD system

What do you like best?

The team at Omni Group is amazing. Their software is extremely robust, continually developed, and really well designed. I love the quick entry shortcut on the mac and on iOS. I use it all the time to jot down ideas for later. Then it makes it really easy to triage tasks later. If you are looking for the best GTD solution, you use a mac and iOS devices, then you should be using OmniFocus. It is well worth the money. Buy the app on every platform so your lists will be with you when you need them.

What do you dislike?

OmniFocus is a power user's friend. That said, some of the keyboard shortcuts can be hard to do or remember. Specifically getting to the notes section inside of a task. The only other complaint I have has to do with reviewing tasks. I wish it was easier to spread out the frequency for reviewing projects so they wouldn't all land on the same week. I know I can adjust how many weeks between reviews, but it's hard to have a high level view of which projects are going to get reviewed when.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need GTD software for yourself (not a team), use a Mac and iOS devices, I highly recommend OmniFocus.

Every time I have a project at work, I create an OmniFocus project and list out all the tasks that need to be done to finish the project. As I think of other things, it is really easy to add additional tasks. During my daily review, I can quickly look through my projects and see what I need to do the next day and set due dates on them. It is awesome.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about OmniFocus
OmniFocus review by <span>David A.</span>
David A.

I've tried other products and I keep coming back to OmniFocus!

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of OmniFocus is the "Forecast" view - I live in my daily/weekly forecast.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a "web" version for those rare times that I'm not at one of my personal devices that already has OmniFocus loaded on it. I wish it was a little more affordable so I could get my entire team to use it - and then have shared lists. But there's other tools for that too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need task management software or a to-do list solution that works with a team, this is not your best option. (Look at Basecamp, Trello and a variety of other options)

If you need a project management tool, this is also not your best option. (Look at OmniPlan)

If you simply want a simple to do list (not multiple lists, recurring rules, categories based on context/project/etc.), then use Apple Reminders or Google Tasks.

This is a robust tool, for personal task management.

Personal Task management. I need a place that I keep all my todos - not my inbox, not my calendar, not my notes - a specific place just for to do lists. OmniFocus has been my place for 7 years now.

What Task Management solution do you use?

OmniFocus review by <span>Sara C.</span>
Sara C.

Great for getting things done...at a price

What do you like best?

I like that its flexible and you can find your own way to use the various fields in a way that suits you. There are a lot of people who use Omnifocus and you can find a myriad of opinions online about how to use the many features available. Sync to a cloud or only to your local device, it's your choice depending on if you use it across multiple devices. Syncs reminders with ical and I like the dark option too.

What do you dislike?

It's very expensive compared to many similar products now available. To have to pay $40 or $60 for the mobile version when you have paid $40 or $80 for the desktop version is greedy IMO. You used to have to pay again if you wanted the iPad version but I'm not sure if this is still the case, best to check, don't assume you get it with the iPhone version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Become familiar with the Getting Things Done principle of working by David Allen to make the most of the app

Project management and productivity. Weekly reviews of projects are easy and ensure that tasks don't get forgotten.

OmniFocus review by <span>Shirin E.</span>
Shirin E.

Amazing and beautiful way to capture data and to keep someone engaged through smooth interaction

What do you like best?

Our forms are quite complex but since the questions are broken up with a smooth scrolling or "next page function" it makes the form seem less cumbersome. Also, everything looks really polished and professional.

What do you dislike?

Every once in awhile the typeform will not show itself on our squarespace website without a refresh. This maybe due to a cookie being on my test machine but I noticed it once in awhile. Not a huge issue overall and it's rare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't need conditional forms you maybe able to start with their free tier. But creating forms and surveys is very easy so just give it a try and test the embed function on your sites.

We have clients that would like to ask for quotes without waiting for a phone call or back and forth emails. Typeform allows us to ask questions with conditions to allow us to figure out exactly what the client needs.

OmniFocus review by <span>Tim R.</span>
Tim R.

A brilliant personal task manager

What do you like best?

If you're into productivity, I can't recommend the Getting Things Done (GTD) methodology highly enough. If you like GTD, I can't recommend Omnifocus highly enough. It's a brilliant way of containing the multitudes of projects, actions and deadlines that make up your personal and work lives.

What do you dislike?

Omnifocus is ultimately a personal task manager. It doesn't do shared lists, and doesn't really speak to anyone outside of its own system. This is a feature to some, however. Ultimately, you are accountable to the actions you take on, and there's value in having a hermetically sealed vault of all your responsibilities that no one else can alter.

OF helps me juggle multiple domains of responsibility, see projects through to completion, and methodically review the status of projects to ensure I don't drop the ball.

OmniFocus review by User

What would I do without Omnifocus?

What do you like best?

Omnifocus is my second brain - maybe my first. Everything I need to do is in here. It is a fantastic "central repository" that has excellent tools for triaging your tasks, and finding what you need (and can!) do at any given moment.

What do you dislike?

Search could be improved. In setting up perspectives, you can only search for one term, which is limiting. Multiple contexts and reminders beyond simple defer/due dates would be nice to have as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is for personal project management, and it's heavy duty - you have to invest some time into setup, but it is absolutely worth it.

Keeping myself on track! The best part of Omnifocus, in my opinion, is the defer dates and contexts - if I can't do something (based on location, tools, or time) then I don't have to see it. This makes my to do list so much more manageable

Learning about OmniFocus?

* We monitor all OmniFocus reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.