OnBase by Hyland

OnBase by Hyland helps you improve customer service, reduce operating costs and minimize risk. It does this by providing you with instant access to all your data, documents and business processes from wherever you are, whatever device you are using or application you are working in.

Work for OnBase by Hyland?

Learning about OnBase?

OnBase by Hyland Reviews

Showing 77 OnBase reviews
OnBase review by Amber B.
Amber B.

"Good Database Solution"

What do you like best?

I like that face that I can create any kind of form I could possibly need. I can reference PO numbers for orders and scan documents that can be referenced as well. It is a very good system and not hard to learn to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the slowness in which I experience when pulling information and the fact that I cannot view some of my forms or information in full screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend OnBase for anyone wanting one place to store and retrieve documents, however, the system can sometimes bog down and run slow.

OnBase allows us to have one place to store invoices, purchase orders, and checks for referencing payments. We also use it a tool to keep track of actions that need to be taken out in the field by our Regional Managers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about OnBase by Hyland
OnBase review by Debra M.
Debra M.

"OnBase makes records management and business process automation easy!"

What do you like best?

The flexibility and features offered in OnBase products. There is so much that can be done to automate business processes and this is by far the most exciting thing about OnBase. This ultimately improves our response time and service to our members who are our top priority!

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of the additional licenses needed for tasks in workflow like approval processes or integrations with external products like DocuSign. I usually don't find out I don't have the license when a business unit needs it for their workflow. I don't like having to respond back that we need additional licensing to meet their needs. This stalls the workflow implementation, adds cost and is just plain frustrating for everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Hyland's OnBase Community site. So much information there and everyone is so generous with their time and willing to share their tips and tricks. Hyland has techs on there as well with a wealth of knowledge to share and share they do!

I am currently working on back office business process automation. One of the biggest benefits we have already realized is our ability to connect to our core via ODBC connection with SQL scripts to automate tasks. This is saving us an incredible amount of time. Time that a team would normally have to spend to look up data from our core that is now completely automated.

What Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution do you use?

OnBase review by Marie-France R.
Marie-France R.

"Fantastic Experience"

What do you like best?

By implementing an AP and HR solution we have eliminated bottlenecks and streamlined the approval process in both solution

We have reduced our staff and have eliminated data entry errors and duplicate entries.

we have reduced paper copy

Request can be created from outlook to Onbase - Notification from Onbase to Outlook is a plus.

Document available on the web and Iphone is also a plus

Tasks are load balanced.

Easy to retrieve documents (using keyword)

custom action are easy to use and configure , help the end user to find documents in Onbase.

What do you dislike?

difficult to say!!! licenses are not cheap! depend on what you want to accomplish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great product, easy to configure, easy to adapt for specific needs.

We have started using Onbase in 2013 with our Account payable worklow. Onbase was so a great product that we have decided to create a HR solution.

Now, more than 85% of resumes are received from our website. We have reduced data entry and duplicate work.

With OnBase, It’s now easy to find the right applicant from specific requirements by using custom actions.

The lack of communication between departments is now solved with the Notifications sent, from Onbase to Outlook, to different departments.

With the HR File Cabinet, all documents, correspondences and Forms are now available from a simple click.

Now all information related to an employee is in Onbase in the “Employee Profile” .

OnBase review by Nick A.
Nick A.

"OnBase has been a powerful toolset for our campus"

What do you like best?

OnBase gives us the tools too be able to accomplish our goals. Its much more than a document management system. Its an end to end business process toolkit.

What do you dislike?

Some of the module licensing can be a pain. Its very piecemeal. This can be good if you aren't doing much with the product, but if you're really using it to the best of its abilities it can be a lot of addons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have their team come demo some of their re-configured solutions on site. Those are your quick wins. Start there to quickly gain support.

We have many offices on campus that are now paperless. It saves time, space, and money. What more can you really ask for?

OnBase review by User in Higher Education

"Great tool for tracking paper documentation efficiently"

What do you like best?

I work in an office where we are still largely paper based, which can be very cumbersome when a different department asks for documentation or files. OnBase allows us to efficiently share file systems, paper documentation, and make sure everyone is on the same page.

What do you dislike?

Unless you specifically know what you are doing, the interface doesn't seem very user friendly. The tabs don't accurately describe what the actual feature is. It takes new hires a bit of adjusting to figure it out.

OnBase allows everyone to stay on the same page in regards to student and client files. We meticulously document everything, and it allows us to track every interaction, positive or negative, with every department, so we can increase the customer service experience, all while being completely transparent.

OnBase review by Solange K. R. C.
Solange K. R. C.

"Versatile system, but still has a few limitations "

What do you like best?

The ability to be Green and scan emails, word docs, excel spreadsheets directly into onbase without having to print the items first

What do you dislike?

The user unfriendliness of generating statistical reports from the system requires the assistance of an administrator. Everyday users are not able to easily configure reports. Also administrators are sometimes unable to generate adhoc reports

Centralized document retention and management cloud based system

OnBase review by Administrator in Building Materials
Administrator in Building Materials

"OnBase a great image solution"

What do you like best?

OnBase is a great way to store documents and retrieve them to get yourself into a paperless environment. They have workflows setup to minimize use and maximize production.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I could say is a dislike would be that upgrades are a bit of pain, because our system is so big. They just take a while to setup and do lots of testing before bringing it in to production.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great system to help you get into a paperless world. Great service and helpful techs.

We have minimized our paper invoices, we can give visibility to our branch locations to pull up images and see invoices at their respective locations.

OnBase review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Onbase meets our needs"

What do you like best?

The digital employee files have been great for our district. it is simple to use and the implementation was smooth. I appreciate the customization available and how it can be further developed to meet our districts needs.

What do you dislike?

We recently upgraded versions and the current verison does not run with Adobe Acrobat DC Pro. It is only compatible with Adobe reader. This is a huge disappointment for our district as we work in Adobe Pro daily accross other platforms. Onbase crashes consistently, after just spending a few minutes in the program. We changed to adobe reader as the default, so that solved (many, but not all) of the crashign issues, but causes huge headache in other platforms where we rely on Adobe Pro to edit and modify and combine PDF documents. I'm not sure why the latest verison does not run with Adobe Pro. If this was presented to us initially, we would not have purchased this product due to our high use of Pro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to test Onbase with all your systems. Does not work with Adobe Pro.

Our employee personnel files are digital - it is so much easier and faster to file and retain. Onbase is FIPS compliant with state and federal security standards.

"OnBase"

What do you like best?

I like the direct upload feature of OnBase, it makes the process much easier than having to save each document.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't start typing a name (of a client) and have it autocomplete. There is no way for that to happen. Instead, I have to either scroll through the list of names, or use the Custom Query function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very robust tool - I recommend you have someone on your staff who understands all it has to offer, or you won't be able to take full advantage of it.

We store all of our documents securely and have a great system to find documents. We're learning more as we go, and are planning to start utilizing the template letter function next. That will save us a lot of time.

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"A full feature software capable of anything with the right module"

What do you like best?

This software is capable of well beyond normal content management. In addition, it is able to be used across the company supporting multiple business silos. Currently, we are using it in HR AP and general clinical use. Once OnBase is inside your corporation a creative system admin will be able to find never ending uses,

What do you dislike?

Modules so many modules every single one of them cost a bit more. A typical process goes the company wants to use OnBase for task x. OnBase sales oh yes we have the perfect solution. Great let's build it, sales okay we just need these six new modules. Each module will have its own licensing and own support which gets old.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It is a great product just make sure you are careful with what modules you will need.

We have got rid of so much paper. We use it for HR to keep track of all the new employee paperwork. In addition, we use it to speed AP approvals keeping the entire system digital and streamlined. Lastly, we handle all digital faxes indexing each to its appropriate location.

OnBase review by Carl V.
Carl V.

"Admin, designer, developper and more..."

What do you like best?

Workflows are so easy to configure, import and use.

The search are fast and accurate

Outlook integration is definitely the easy one client.

The Unity Client is intuitive and very customizable for all kind of user.

The community is so huge, you will always be answered.

They are inline with their customer and try to elevate the product in the right way.

What do you dislike?

The DMCoreX scripting and the lack of information with D.I.P process (Document Import Processor)

Some licensing are expensive.

For the rest, when something is not good usualy you can do it differently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a nice and easy to use product. The no coding effort is very efficient and you development team can built amazing stuff in very short amount of time.

I recommand it.

We put in place an Invoice Workflow that help routing and validating information before they put it into our Line of business application. No need to move document desk to desk.

OnBase review by Jenyfer C.
Jenyfer C.

"OnBase as a Solution"

What do you like best?

Coming from a background with Documentum and Aconex; OnBase is a totally different way of viewing document processes. It is versatile and can do amazing things, and there is a ton of training offered at all different levels. I like that end users see the "folder structure" they are accustomed to, and I like that they aren't actually folders, but custom queries dressed up as folders.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the huge jump it may take for an end user to "get" it. And this may just be me-in all fairness the end users just want it to work and really don't care how, as long as it is fast and reliable.

We will be utilizing work flows and custom retention periods for documents.

OnBase review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Implementing OnBase with Clients - Consistently Satisfied"

What do you like best?

Since Hyland acquired OnBase, the organization has been headed in the right direction. The support is strong, the implementations are improving, and so is the software. The quality of the integration and file structures is really dependent upon a strong relationship between the customer and OnBase. It's essential that you work closely with your implementers.

What do you dislike?

The software is still a bit clunky and it's integration points are not always clear to the end user. Some instances of OnBase are old and outdated. OnBase could do a much better job ensuring that customers upgrade to the most current workflows and best practice recommendations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to align your project timelines that OnBase sets forth with your primary EMR implementation - OnBase is strong, but testing and training/adoption is key!

Revenue cycle redesign with EMR, practice management + scanning with OnBase.

OnBase review by Sandy S.
Sandy S.

"Hyland OnBase is a wonderful product."

What do you like best?

It is a full Enterprise Content Management solution. In regards to storage, manipulation and retrieval of data Hyland has covered almost every base and provided dynamic and very usable solutions. It is very easy to integrate this product into your day-to-day process and make it an integral part of those processes. I'm also very pleased with the support and relationships that we've formed with the Hyland support staff and our representatives. They are very easy to work with and extremely helpful in every situation we've approached them with. I consider them a vendor of choice and would highly recommend them to anyone considering an ECM solution.

What do you dislike?

At this point, nothing. Any negative comments are more related to our usage of the product versus the vendor themselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their solution can be tailored to your industry by offering specific products that fit your needs. Hyland can also recommend solutions for areas where you may not have immediately recognized needing a solution.

When we purchased OnBase, we were an extremely paper based organization. There were also a lot of manual processes in place that required dedicated personnel and hardware resources. Implementing OnBase and also using the inherent features of the product has allowed us to severely reduce the flow, backlog and archival of paper. Additionally the workflows have helped to automate many of the manual processes and free up resources to work on other tasks. As our familiarity with OnBase increases and also our comfort with technology, we have plans for even more uses of the OnBase product and further integrating it into our business processes.

OnBase review by Christopher B.
Christopher B.

"OnBase is more than you may think..."

What do you like best?

My initial exposure to OnBase was as a user of the Enterprise Content Mangement features. In reality, it has become my single platform to manage content, processes and workflows.

What do you dislike?

I have found nothing that I would classify as an item or issue that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Based upon user needs, if compared to my organization, I would absolutely recommend this product and service.

Proper routing of client documents through the organization with specific attention to defined business processes of several business units.

Automating this routing and being able to track where the document is in the process at any time.

User in Government Administration

"OnBase, how did I survive without you?"

What do you like best?

I like the ease and simplicity of retrieving documents using this software. I work for local government and we have had many scanning/indexing applications before and OnBase is by far the best. I scan the documents as a .tiff so the entire document is text searchable.

What do you dislike?

I would say that I dislike the indexing values. For instance, invoices are filed by the company name, invoice number, and date and it would make it easy to add a line for the subject as we have many of the same invoices but for different projects. I wish there were more subfolders within the file cabinet also.

Recommendations to others considering the product

g

I have realized that I do not have to dread when my boss asks me to pull a contract, letter, etc. because instead of in the past when it would take me thirty minutes to an hour, now it normally takes me ten minutes max to find whatever it is he is looking for. He is much happier with me and I enjoy the retrieval of documents for him.

OnBase review by Cynthia F.
Cynthia F.

"Provides information that can be shared and updated among several users"

What do you like best?

Project notes, cost tracking and ability to attach upload and download files for updating and sharing.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be very time consuming updating notes/files with multiple screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the training in order to use several of the features.

Sharing information with multiple users. I is a nice to b able to do multiple function for cost and project management and to be able to share and update several job files.

"Good for quick access"

What do you like best?

This software is great for uploading documents and linking to accounts so other users can quickly pull up and see what we have for the client.

What do you dislike?

It is slow to boot up (which I assume is because it's connecting multiple users to one larger data storage

Each user has to be granted access and sometimes it's very finicky what exactly you can and can;t do with your access.

OnBase review by Amar B.
Amar B.

"OnBase has been very stable and has a very broad feature set."

What do you like best?

OnBase has the capability to store documents in two locations for redundancy purposes, a primary and secondary storage disk or platter as Highland refers to it. IF there is a problem with file access there is always another file online on the secondary disk as OnBase synchronizes the two instantaneously. The administration of users and groups is very straight forward and simple to use. Furthermore the database saves configuration information of OnBase and retains a small footprint of so much data.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that has been an issue is the way that OnBase manages the licenses. It is very difficult to tell how and who is licensed for a specific license type in a Citrix environment. Even though OnBase is Citrix compatible, there are areas where you cannot tell when a specific user locks the database. When troubleshooting this can be a difficult area to deal with, however when we were running OnBase in a traditional client server model, there was exact references for licensing, it wasn't until we moved to the Citrix environment in which we noticed this item. Hopefully the newer version will better mange and display licensing information, we are currently on OnBase 12.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to take the OnBase administration and Work flow training prior to deployment as it will assist in everything that you do from that point forward. Do not wait until after the deployment as it will only cause delays.

We have specifically improved our business workflows in Claims and Underwriting departments. The utilization of OnBase workflow has improved our productivity exponentially compared to that of a manual workflow process. In addition OnBase has a feature named the Virtual printer driver which also allows a user to scan in an image and select the workflow queue that it needs to be assigned to, whether it is a user or department queue.

This has increased productivity for our business units.

OnBase review by Kendal R.
Kendal R.

"Allowing Gilbert one place to input and retrieve digital documents and files"

What do you like best?

The training, support and assistance is what makes it work for us. We have quite a few modules and all of them are starting to be utilized by different departments. Because we’re required by law to make documents available

for public record requests. The module Advanced Capture allows us to quickly get our records into OnBase without manual indexing, so they are secure, backed up and available.

What do you dislike?

There are not enough OnBase administrators to get to all the requests for new document and procedure set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Map out needs, but start with simple imports and scans. Once the documents are in OnBase it is easy to add keywords, foldering, cross-references, records management, document retention. The biggest value is retrieval of the digital documents.

As the town improved its efficiency, officials developed more innovative ways to

use ECM, including OnBase Advanced Capture. Staff members scan in documents

and OnBase automatically indexes them based on predefined keywords, speeding

up processes.

In the finance department, OnBase improves AP processes. Staff members save

hours of their time each week because OnBase automatically imports checks

from other business systems and indexes them by invoice number, check number

and amount.

Human Resources also benefited from the town’s OnBase implementation. Staff

members use their existing records management system, Eden Financial Management,

to maintain records for all town employees. Although Eden managed

employee folders, the actual folder containing all employee-related documents

were physically stored in the department.

Without any expensive custom coding, OnBase seamlessly integrated with Eden

to streamline the process. “Retrieval of an employee folder now consists of

double-clicking on the employee number when they are in Eden,” Richardson

says. “Before, it required requesting one of the clerks to find and pull the file and

return it when done. When employees started seeing they could pull up

employee folders from right there in Eden, it was an ‘aha’ moment.”

OnBase review by Kendra M.
Kendra M.

"Excellent resource to build a "central source of truth" - Enforces standardized work"

What do you like best?

It has enabled our organization to share work across regional offices, and to access and work from the same information. The history feature is extremely useful as a manager - it maintains an electronic record of every view, edit, etc. of a document, making problem resolution and employee accountability issues much easier to manage. It also enables us to be extremely nimble in adopting business process improvements. We don't have to go to the IT department and submit a request, write specifications of the request, wait for budget, executive planning, etc. in order to execute change. This has made it very easy to get end user buy-in and a sense of ownership in processes - they see they can ask the "is there a way to..." question and we talk through it, and the change can be implemented the next day.

What do you dislike?

Inability to maximize efficiencies with interconnectivity between our in-house applications. Hyland does offer licensing and certification for this (API), however my organization is unwilling/unable to justify the cost of obtaining and maintaining the certification required by Hyland.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our support is through a vendor that sells Hyland's product. I do not directly deal with support issues, as I contact my administrator if I have problems with OnBase. My experience, however, has not indicated that he had trouble finding support when needed.

Currently we're implementing a new workflow for our prospecting/quoting process, where OnBase will house the documents related to that activity. We'll be able to report on turnaround times, etc. much better in the future. We're also looking at adding processes related to a new product (how we use OnBase to serve as a repository for that information). This is the last of the 4 major processes that we had identified as needing to be "electronic", then I expect that we will continue to focus on smaller processes within the business. As far as what we've realized- a lot of it is not quantifiable, but we no longer have mass e-mails sent out at Home Office asking "I'm looking for the file for XYZ client... if you have it can I borrow it...", we no longer have information integrity issues where a rep in Michigan is using information from her file but changes had been made just last month. We no longer have to wonder about where items are in a given process - there is complete transparency about where something is, how long its been there, etc. We recently made some adjustments to one process which is expected to decrease throughput by at least half, delivering better service to our clients.

OnBase review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"My OnBase Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of transition from paper to electronic as new users would say. The system is very user friendly and workflow by far has been a life changing tool. The ROA is amazing.

What do you dislike?

My dislikes are not with the system per say but with the re seller, but not at the technical level (my technical support is amazing) but at the sales level.

We do not currently have any business problems, just a lot of workflow plans and not enough time to get them started (due to other work related duties)!

OnBase review by Ted S.
Ted S.

"5 Year user of OnBase in a small deployment with workflow"

What do you like best?

Set it and forget it. I deployed OnBase years ago and barely have to touch it anymore. It is solid and needs little to no care and feeding. The workflow engine is extremely flexible and powerful and easy to configure. You can use VB scripts when needed to extend functionality of the product. Document scanning, importing and retrieval is all very easy. We also create custom forms based on data we import into the system from 3rd party systems including our general ledger and some home grown applications. The new Unity client user interface has adopted the ribbon concept from MS and is an easy teach to new users. New one click deployment makes rollout easy too. Support from our VAR and Hyland are both exceptional.

What do you dislike?

Little to nothing except the SharePoint integrations. They are marginal at best. We ditched them after trying for years and wasting tens of thousands of dollars to get them to be usable. They may work for your business but I would be surprised if they did. Cost... The solution is pricey but worth it. Each module, and there are over a hundred, costs and they can add up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

carefully choose your modules and don't buy them in advance if you are not going to get them implemented soon.

Imaging of invoices. Retrieval of invoice image from within the general ledger.

Workflow routing of invoices for approvals prior to sending to AP for payment.

Elimination of file cabinets in general as we scan all paper documents.

OnBase review by Lynnanne P.
Lynnanne P.

"Applied Imaging has been helping Customers implement the OnBase ECM Software for 10+ years."

What do you like best?

OnBase enables organizations to meet the needs of each department – from Back office processes within Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, Legal and more. Easily configured and supported, OnBase lets you get started with a single department or solution and expand as time, goals and budget permit. This is extremely cost-efficient, because you only pay for what you use. Since these modules are all part of the same product, they are essentially “plug and play”, allowing your OnBase solution to grow and change along with your business.

OnBase allows users to model, design, develop and execute collaborative business process and case management solutions – whether dealing with documents, data, or unstructured information -- going well beyond courthouses, social services agencies and medical. OnBase touches applications horizontally and vertically across industries – including project management, customer service, incident reporting and resolution, compliance tracking, and IT/Customer Help-Desk.

What do you dislike?

OnBase is extremely feature-rich which can be interpreted by some as complex and difficult to configure. The opposite is actually true. OnBase is point-click configurable and you need only purchase and utilize the modules and features that apply to your needs. Communicating this can be difficult without the support of C-Level and Managers.

OnBase has also been interpreted as being expensive. However, the base-product has been enhanced over many years and now includes many features that allow organizations to manage cost without sacrificing efficiencies. Having a knowledgeable consultant engaged or in-house OnBase Admin can help to keep growth and associated expansion costs in perspective.

Letting go of paper can be frightening to some. Having the right people involved to support the ECM initiative at the beginning of the evaluation is critical to ensure proper communication and confidence throughout the discovery, design and implementation and training phases. C-Level support helps to instill confidence as document management rolls out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contact Applied Imaging to learn more on how to get started with Enterprise Content Management.

Before OnBase, AP/AR staff would have to call and wait for the documents to be found. This delayed dispute resolution and put penalties at risk. Common disputes in AR and HR can impact business and relationships. OnBase now provides staff members with the tools to collaboratively and quickly resolve disputes. Documents that are received as electronic images can be uploaded to OnBase using the Outlook Integration feature. The remaining supporting documents in hardcopy can be scanned and automatically associated with documents already stored in OnBase. Staff can instantly view and e-mail not only the document in question, but also all other associated supporting documents that.

Time saved through managing HR documents in OnBase is now put to use in valuable tasks like analysis, reporting and auditing. Trends can be spotted earlier and the efficiencies gained throughout departments has revealed the secret recipe to improving both service and quality – to both external and internal customers.

Processing and managing employee information has vastly improved using the Electronic File Cabinet features popular within AP, AR, and HR. This process simulates their current way of viewing documents within a folder structure.

OnBase review by Devon T.
Devon T.

"Amazing product for businesses of all sizes!"

What do you like best?

I like the workflow feature the best, it just streamlines and automates any business process. There are so many great modules OnBase offers that it's hard to pick a favorite. The import/retrieval process is so simple that the training on this product is minimal but it can also become very in depth to handle any of your business needs.

What do you dislike?

I wish Report Services was a little more extensive but they have now come out with a very extensive reporting tool called Unity Dashboards, which is awesome and handles everything Report Services does not!

Processing time, automation, business flow, error handling, approval/denial processing, etc. I have realized that with this product, you eliminate a lot of the human error issues many businesses suffer from. With workflow alone and the rules/actions within, you can make sure less mistakes are made and if they are made, they can be easily fixed.

OnBase review by Jared J.
Jared J.

"User Friendliness + Efficiency = OnBase"

What do you like best?

OnBase provides a streamlined way to organize, configure, store, and create a multitude of documents. It is very user-friendly - training the various state agencies that we work with on their solutions and forms, as well as overall functionality, has proved to be efficient and swift.

What do you dislike?

There are several things that, as a programmer, can be somewhat frustrating. In the programming world, we are taught to 'think outside the box' and come up with groundbreaking solutions and efficient ways to logically solve problems. One thing I dislike about configuration within OnBase is the limitations. What would be a simple range check in JavaScript or an If/else in any Object-Oriented language becomes a true test of ingenuity. You are sometimes forced to take the extremely scenic route in order to achieve simple output. This way of going about solution development is extremely useful, however, when you have someone coming into the picture that has no prior programming experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a wide variety of users with varying experience, OnBase is the way to go.

We use OnBase as our platform for ECM. Every state agency we work with has solutions being used in OnBase and are importing/storing documents for retention and routing purposes. It has proved an invaluable solution to state-wide document retention and storage, as well as the current work we are doing pushing many agency paper forms to an electronic medium via Unity Forms - saving a lot of money on paper/printing.

OnBase review by Russell U.
Russell U.

"3 years working with OnBase."

What do you like best?

Hyland's support sets the bar for great customer service. They are the best vendor I have ever worked with and always is able to get the answer in a timely fashion. You can't expect the technician to know the solution to every issue you encounter. The difference is no matter who you get, Hyland never gives up until they have an answer other than just no.

Also, OnBase is more than just a store and retrieve ECM product. It has over 300+ modules available, some at a cost, some are free. It's compliant with most industries such as healthcare and government.

What do you dislike?

The software can be very granular. There are features in OnBase that will display in the interface when you're not licensed for it. The software can take about a year to get fully comfortable with if you have no exposure to ECM solutions. Experience and training can take care of this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always do your research on your vendor. You may have the option of a local reseller which can be more beneficial than working directly with Hyland.

OnBase has eliminated the need for on premise file storage. Most of our documents are digital and soon we'll have a completely 100% paperless solution.

The other largest benefit is this compatibility with Terminal Services & Citrix environments providing secure remote availability and redundancy. We have over 5 thousand users that access OnBase remotely through Citrix on a 24/7 basis with little to no issues.

OnBase review by Hans D.
Hans D.

"The swiss-army knife of document management systems.. just be careful not to cut yourself."

What do you like best?

Hyland Onbase is a behemoth of a product with over 120 modules that lets a business pretty much manage and enable just about any document one could possibly think about. With Onbase, information can be quickly and easily made accessible to just about any entity through multiple mediums (a thick, thin, web, hybrid, web service, and an API that comes with 2 weeks of training to even use). Even better yet, it's workflow system has over 150 different actions that can be tied to a document's lifecycle which allows for just about any possible scenario in a business need to be realized. It is easy to maintain in a standard installation and even better yet it's cheap enough to be affordable but expensive enough to reflect the amount of robustness the platform brings.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint from customers is a lack of refinement when it comes to features and fit and finish of their newest releases. There appears to be a lack of focus on fixing existing identified bugs and instead implementing features that, while they can be pretty useful, should probably not have been made priority.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Onbase is a great product that appears to be suffering from growing pains. Thankfully Hyland just announced they were hiring and expanding their staff to improve the product to hopefully make all my concerns a future thing of the past.

Hyland Onbase.. we've implemented it in just about every business use case that can be imagined. The product is most successful in the government, finance, and healthcare sectors due to an enhanced need to catalog and manage large amounts of paper and virtual documents tied to their unique business needs.

OnBase review by User

"Does not do what we were told it would do"

What do you like best?

I like the idea of it, but it does not work as we were told it would.

What do you dislike?

No copy and paste abilities with a mouse. No ability to email one person within Onbase, you have to email all or no one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask basic questions about the product, such as email and copy abilities.

None. It takes more time to do the same job were had before. It was supposed to streamline our committee workflow and it still has to be completed outside of Onbase and uploaded.

OnBase review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Capable ECM, easy to configure, powerful in its features."

What do you like best?

The interface is designed in an intuitive manner that reduces the learning curve for new users. Additionally the layout of the workflow studio allows easy of navigation and clarity while troubleshooting workflow issues.

What do you dislike?

Promoting code from a test environment to a production environment must be done via manual replication not by a "promote" feature. This is especially troublesome in the document composition aspect where templates have are stored in Microsoft Word. Nothing is more frustrating in my position than trying to align tables and formatting between two documents during a promote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any professional services organization be clear with your requirements. We found that they implemented beautifully to them, however their workflow has had challenges in support.

OnBase is a capable solution for records management. Our benefits truly come in years as records will need to be pulled and it reduces time to employee requesting the record to instantaneous.

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Workflow queues are easy to use and organized

What do you dislike?

For the particular needs in the police department it’s not the best software we could be using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is good for document storage but not for running analytics or gathering statistical info.

An easy to use software for record keeping and processing

OnBase review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"A strong, reliable system, but losing it's edge now for years."

What do you like best?

OnBase has been a stellar performer for decades now, grabbing huge chunks of marketshare since about 1995. (Started in 1989 and a Banking Documentation Tool). Their imaging components, workflow, management and storage tools set a standard in the industry, but their pricing models and method of doing business is slowing them down. Other competitors with the same basic tool sets and unlimited user and file capacity, now offer most of the same for a far lower pricepoint and adapt more quickly than Hyland Software does with OnBase these days. Full Disclosure, I am a former Hyland VAR and Consultant, but I have no disgruntlement with the company or the product, I just divulge honest facts as I know them.

What do you dislike?

The OnBase modular pricing. In the past, their bullet-proof software performance and support, let them get away with charging huge amounts for extra features, not in the core product, that others include for free in their core products. When asked about this at past Reseller and End-User conferences, their reply was "we don't let the market dictate what our value or pricing should be, we determine that ourselves, internally." And now the sales are a crawl of what they were from 1996-2006, the new sales curve from 2007-2015 is a pale reflection of the rise they used to have. So, its the pricing and delivery method I dislike. The original owners profited mightily and good for them, but current ownership no longer enjoys the 70% closing ratio in competitive sales. I'd say that has dropped down to well under 40%, and most of that is due to pricing that can be torn apart with similar systems nearly or exactly as good as OnBase. Like I said, OnBase is a fantastic product with incredible software design, but the value has been lost amongst IPO's, pricing models, and entry level options for new customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just check the field, make sure the OnBase cost is worth what you want against the competition. Here are others I'd suggest you look at before committing to OnBase. You might find a better fit at a lower price: PaperWise, SmartSearch, Perceptive Software, iDatix, Cabinet SAFE and M-Files.

We solved a lot of archival and retrieval needs, basic and advanced workflow automations, and you will see good ROI, but with current pricing, 3-4 years out will be your best ROI commitments, because it simply costs too much to get the 6 month - 2 year ROI you can get on very comparable systems.

OnBase review by Chris K.
Chris K.

"I have been implementing OnBase for about 10 years in a variety of industry verticles."

What do you like best?

I love the OnBase workflow module the most. The configuration of a workflow process is easy and straight forward with point and click configuration. Workflow benefits EVERY organization in many different departments.

What do you dislike?

The migration of the configuration information between environments such as moving configuration from test to production is cumbersome at best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't Over buy. Buy only what your implementation needs and leverage OnBase as a module application, adding on only when you are ready.

Everything from AP to HR OnBase can solve. The biggest benefit is the ROI in time it takes to process a transaction and have high visibility in the audit trail for the life of a document within the system.

OnBase review by Evan H.
Evan H.

"Admissions Representative"

What do you like best?

Ability to create search queries for various tasks.

What do you dislike?

It integrates with UIS, but some of the communication between the two softwares are outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Trying to build a freshman class for each incoming year at my institution. This program does help organize our applications in orderly ways.

OnBase review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Flexible, efficient, and scales well"

What do you like best?

In the interest of full disclosure, I provide technical support for an OnBase reseller. That said, I've been working closely with this software for about six years with a customer base that includes hospitals, banks, insurance companies, manufacturers, government agencies and more. In short, I've seen a lot of what OnBase can do and it can do a lot.

OnBase is incredibly flexible and, if you take the time to plan out your implementation, scales very well as your business grows. (And, if you change direction down the road, you can always reconfigure it to meet your new implementation needs without losing any of what you already have.) It also does a great job of handling and routing documents quickly, increasing worker productivity in a number of ways.

What do you dislike?

The documentation isn't always as complete as I would like, though it does cover most implementation needs and Hyland's support team is outstanding when I need help to fill in the gaps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Regarding the satisfaction ratings, it is my opinion that no application is perfect, no matter how good. OnBase is no different. Although it is an excellent piece of software that I recommend without hesitation, there is still room for improvement. Happily, Hyland is committed to providing outstanding support and continually brings improvements to its customers.

Probably my favorite overall feature of OnBase is the dramatic reduction of physical paper in the workplace and all of the time consuming trappings that go with it (storage, retrieval, interoffice mail routing, etc.). Things I personally use OnBase for include:

- Document ingestion via scanners and automated electronic import

- Document handling to index, OCR, folder, and route to users for business processing

- Form creation and processing (applications, expense reimbursements, etc.)

- Granular security options

- Document encryption

- Reporting

- Records management to purge documents for which the company no longer needs to be liable

OnBase review by Karen O.
Karen O.

"Flexible Product and Technical Support"

What do you like best?

I just love this product. As a technical business analyst I was able to automate department processes with workflow, notifications, and user forms after attending just 1 week of training. I find end users are best able to communicate requirements through prototyping and rapid development. I am able to to do this quickly and easily with OnBase. With the introduction of Unity Forms, slow cumbersome development of eForms will soon be a thing of the past.

Their techinical support is phenomenal. They go out-of-their way to make sure your issue is resolved.

What do you dislike?

Some members of their services team are not very experienced. We have experienced poor quality configurations and workflow code. We have had to spend time afterwards cleaning up.

Physicians are able to easily view scanned documents in our EMR with OnBase HL7 interface and Web viewer; Archival and retrieval of HR documents; Replacement of paper-based FMLA processing with electronic document archival and automated ticklers; Automation of Charity Care application rules and processing.

OnBase review by Administrator in Mining & Metals
Administrator in Mining & Metals

"It does 1001 things, if not more"

What do you like best?

-Automatic PDF importing and keyword detection.

-External autofill keyword sets are a great tool to reduce indexing time

-Fully automated in the correct environment

-Minimal upkeep

-Strict permissions system that allows you to customize security at a granular level

-Test license included

-Free demos of modules

What do you dislike?

-Configuration module is very complex. Several settings must be completed for some things to work, like folders or new document types and groups. It takes a while to get the hang of it but becomes easy with experience.

-Cost

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are tons of modules to choose from. Only choose the one(s) you need because it gets expensive very quickly.

Basic document management is all we use and it is fantastic. However, prepare to spend a lot of time learning how to set it up and configuring before you go live.

-Documents from ERP no longer need to be scanned and indexed. PDFs are pulled directly from system, analyzed and indexed automatically.

-Auditors can use the system during the time they are in our office and can retrieve almost any historical document, leaving our Accounting team free to do their jobs instead of fulfilling requests.

OnBase review by Jason O.
Jason O.

"Robust solution for document management and related workflow"

What do you like best?

The ability and flexibility of OnBase to catalog, manage and search for documents and the capability to create user friendly foldering putting associated records together for related documents. The workflow engine is robust and easy to configure, test and deploy. Minimal end user training required - very easy to use interfaces.

What do you dislike?

Some of the barcode scanning was a bit challenging to get setup and running. Kofax product was required at some point with our implementation and was a big challenge getting support for this product. This has hopefully improved over the course of the last several years. The integration into other systems was a bit challenging to setup and required special licensing per software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The document management and workflow engines are robust and easy to manage and easy for users to navigate and utilize. I would definitely recommend OnBase for a document management and approval system that can integrate with your ERP system.

Electronic approvals of purchases were immediately easily located as to where they were in a complex approval process. The turn around time on processing a purchase requisition was dropped from up to a week to being completed within a 24-48 hour time frame. The ability to access offender records and accounting records from remote locations was a huge benefit, eliminating the need to email requests to records or accounting departments to locate and create a copy of a document.

OnBase review by Consultant in Information Services
Consultant in Information Services

"OnBase Proponent"

What do you like best?

OnBase is continually moving forward with updates and features the customer is looking for. New software releases rarely have major bugs causing customers to roll back to previous version.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes support isn't as helpful or knowledgeable as needed. I have been working with a customer on an issue and reached out to support. They didn't know the answer and reached out for additional help. However, the response I received back was to go to training for the module or reach out to someone in my organization with experience with the module. I wasn't asking for something really complicated to be explained.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OnBase is a great product heading in the right direction. OnBase can help almost every business no matter the industry.

I've worked with several customers in development the right OnBase solution for them. Simple storage solutions for HR documents to complex Account Review processes for large Retirement account managing company. No matter the simplicity of complexity OnBase has the functionality and flexibility to take on the process.

OnBase review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospital & Health Care
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospital & Health Care

"OnBase"

What do you like best?

In my department, we use workflow in OnBase to keep track of our projects and the phase they are. Being able to have a central location for documents to be shared and passed around to others has streamlined our process. We went from writing on paper and housing the documents in a file cabinet to being fully paper free. The saving in time, printing costs and communication has been invaluable.

What do you dislike?

My department are not only users of the product, but we also maintain and write reports off of the database for the company. My biggest dislike about the product would be the back end and how challenging it can be to retrieve data for presentation to others. I often find the structure of the database limiting in terms of where i can find data, how I can link to it or just how long it can take to run a query when my only option is to look at the transaction log. As an example, keywords are wonderful, but when they are changed and the only history of the change is available in the transaction log, it becomes arduous to write a meaningful report.

I find the client interface to be klunky and uncustomizable at a user level. There are too many restrictions in place and too many error popups that are disruptive. It is frustrating to have to shut down the client and re-open it multiple times a day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great document storage solution with customizable types and keywords with the added benefit of security and check-in/check-out auditing.

The largest benefit is having a digitized central location for documents that can be made available to anyone in the company. The savings on storage space and costs alone make the product worth it. Security is the next huge benefit. We can now control who has access to which documents. The ability to add customized keywords and document types and having a workflow affords us the ability to utilize OnBase as more than just a document storage solution. We can create standards around the documents and security, we can automate processes using workflow and we can audit the usage of the documents providing us a greater understanding of our business.

OnBase review by Julie S.
Julie S.

"Batch Uploading in OnBase"

What do you like best?

The best part of the software is that our documents are made instantly available worldwide, to all Cameron locations.

The team at Agile Upstream is dedicated to improving processes, and takes the time to understand individual business needs, with the ultimate goal of increasing overall product satisfaction and end-user experience of OnBase.

What do you dislike?

We have faced delays due to the inconclusive initial proposal, followed by the additional invoices to finish our project. The miscommunication and costs incurred is the only negative aspect of our engagement. The overall outcome is grand!

We have worked closely with the OnBase team custom tailoring a batch upload process for our Quality documentation which dramatically decreases our cycle time and makes documents instantly available worldwide to all Cameron locations.

It is very rewarding to see our proposed improvements in action and have a supplier share the same vision for increasing processing speed, as well as end-user experience in OnBase.

OnBase review by Robby T.
Robby T.

"Easy to Use and Valuable Storage"

What do you like best?

The ease of use to find the documents you are searching for

What do you dislike?

Not much assistance or access to good training

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great to use for document filing and retrieval.

Storing and extracting information from our database and copies of hard files such as legal documents

OnBase review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"OnBase, the flexible tool to manage your documents"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to customize within the app without actually altering the core products. They offer many varieties of products to meet most any type of business need and types of users you many have. They have greatly improved their online community, which is great for support folks like me. I can easily find documentation, user experiences and white papers on anything regarding OnBase.

What do you dislike?

I can't say it's a dislike, but rather an area of improvement. I think the file type alteration should be separate from re-indexing to avoid users making errors. I'd also like to see more pdf functions or conversion options.

We have used OnBase to save most documents electronically and be able to retrieve them quickly. It has also helped routing documents through several business processes, while logging the events and ultimately keeping the process moving since there is accountability when you can track an item!

OnBase review by Benjamin H.
Benjamin H.

"Document Management System with Banner and Salesforce Integration"

What do you like best?

The recent version of OnBase and the improvements to the UI have bumped our experience exponentially. We are able to easily and securely have students complete forms and have the data and document archived real time to our OnBase digital warehouse. Using the hidden fields to tag to a student allows us to access those documents from a Salesforce interface and pull up all documents, transcripts, and eforms completed by students directly from our Salesforce UX. The ease of integration and the capabilities of OnBase have made it a strong tool in our IT development. We are still discovering the usability and capabilities daily, as the possibilities seem to outpace our time resources.

What do you dislike?

Earlier iterations of the OnBase software had incompatibility with most browsers used by our staff (we have an aversion to IE for most things). As a result between the incompatibility issues and the two different UI's provided by OnBase we found ourselves going back and forth between many software platforms. The initial security feature acted as a limitation as most of our staff is remote. However, once we migrated our software to a remote desktop via Citrix many of those problems dissipated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In implementing this product it is important to know the scope of the solution you seek. By displaying what your end goal is OnBase can correctly demo their product to meet your needs. Without direction, the system may seem overwhelming and outside of your needs. However, once the product is implemented you can gain control and purchase only the packages you need rather than the entire software product.

Our entire file system of student transcripts has been virtualized. The process runs so smoothly for on boarding students with new transcripts that we have a five day turn around from receipt to evaluated on all incoming students. The ability to archive a document directly to a students virtual record allows for a lower physical space impact and greater access (controlled) for those who need to review the documents.

OnBase review by Burgandi M.
Burgandi M.

"Excellent search features that save both time and money for our company."

What do you like best?

This software has saved us so much time and money! Onbase is incredibly easy to search, and I can quickly find almost any document Im looking for by using a variety of search criteria. My favorite feature is the "edit pages" which allows the user to quickly rotate, rearrange, and copy documents. Our company has also been able to greatly reduce the amount of paper that is printed and retained.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program can be a little unclear about its keyword function. Sometimes it can look like you've cleared all the keyword fields, but because you didn't actually click "clear keywords" some remain imbedded in you document. This can create a problem when working with many tenants within the same scanned batch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only issues we had were related to the roll out here on site. This was not an Onbase issue, but a lack of communication from our IT department. Many offices had to just "figure it out" as they went. Now that I know the system its extremely easy

Paper reduction was huge for us, we have seen our paper costs cut by almost 50%! In addition, we have seen a significant reduction in documents being lost or misplaced.

OnBase review by Ashley K.
Ashley K.

"Have used at two financial companies"

What do you like best?

It is a user friendly program and can be synced with other programs I use at my company. I don't have to use just on base, it syncs with a program where I keep more customer information so I can see everything in one spot.

What do you dislike?

It can require a lot of details to search for documents, have to have search criteria correct.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend for content management

everyone in the company can see the same things, easy to upload and then everyone can download. benefit of company wide use

OnBase review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Easy to search for docs you need"

What do you like best?

It’s so easy to be able to find documents that have been uploaded to the invade system via their detailed search parameters.

What do you dislike?

If something isn’t uploaded correctly, it can be pretty difficult to find the document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love the training videos - keep those coming.

Numerous departments can utilize the system, all for their own separate needs. Workflow is also a great function for companies that need documents or processes approved by numerous different people in a sequential order.

OnBase review by Yuliya P.
Yuliya P.

"End User looking up invoice and check copies for the audit purposes"

What do you like best?

It's a great central place for storing and processing A/P payments; it creates a great audit trail as well

What do you dislike?

the fact that you need to go back and forth to search for a specific type of a document. I wish there was one screen listing all the document types once I am in the search mode

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for managing accounts payable; creates very clear audit trail

I am auditing various payment approvals for multiple departments

OnBase review by User in Chemicals
User in Chemicals

"Onbase"

What do you like best?

onbase gathers information in one place which allows for quick access.

What do you dislike?

Onbase is not the most intuitive software. It also tends to run sluggishly.

Locating documents that would’ve been nearly impossible to find otherwise

OnBase review by Consultant in Information Services
Consultant in Information Services

"I am a Solution Architect building solutions with OnBase"

What do you like best?

OnBase provides for very rapid development of highly custom solutions without the need for extensive (if any) coding. It's point and click configuration including workflows and integrations is second to none.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the modular nature of the product can be a hindrance to adoption. There are hundreds of modules. But this is also a plus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to partner with one of Hyland Software's platinum business partners.

We solve the automation and digitization of manual and paper based products primarily in the Accounts Payable and Human Resources spaces using OnBase. We have helped customers shave literally weeks off their invoice payment times and streamlined HR processes such as onboarding, personnel reviews, and auditing.

OnBase review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"OnBase Review"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature from OnBase is their workflow set up. I love that you can create rules and tasks based on "related" documents.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a single search across both text and keywords. Also, wish that retrieval allowed more than 2000 results/hits in Unity. Also, wish we knew more about our reporting software; we are unsure of the reliability/validity of the data and require a programmer to create sql queries for more useful data.

Benefits are the ability to route across lifecycles and easily be able to create rules for just about any scenarios. Very few limitations when it comes to providing solutions for our end users.

"OnBase-Helpful"

What do you like best?

OnBase offers a great way to store information remotely. It removes the need for hardcopies and helps to clear the clutter paper can cause. With the ability to add documents to different file categories and include keywords, it is pretty simple to "put your hands on" any document at any time.

What do you dislike?

I began using OnBase after it'd been setup and was provided no formal training, so there is a lot I'm still learning to do. OnBase isn't very intuitive, and its interface is very bare bones. The icons don't show descriptions if you hover over them, so unless you're willing to flip through the help for an extended amount of time, you're stuck just guessing. I also dislike the inability to add file categories without an extension process. Because the program was established by someone outside of the department, it is isn't integrated properly to truly coincide with our paper files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you have someone on hand to fully train and help you to understand the interface.

OnBase is helping us to be less paper reliant. I've recognized the benefit of a truly paperless environment and am looking forward to moving our office further in that direction.

OnBase review by Jessica L.
Jessica L.

"Online file system"

What do you like best?

Using the search feature, going from paper files to an online system.

What do you dislike?

It’s kind of clunky and can load slow sometimes.

We no longer have to keep paper files.

OnBase review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

This is a great program. Easy to use !!

What do you dislike?

Some times things aren't filed correctly

All documents can be easily filed and found at a later time.

User in Government Administration

"Easy to use, when it works. "

What do you like best?

It keeps everything organized and you can be in multiple workflows at once. Easy to search

What do you dislike?

Things often glitch and do not get sent to your workflow. It also crashes with some frequency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use full names as much as possible. Search in the general folders, they will include the specifics as well.

Maintaining the hundreds of paper documents we receive. It is very easy to have them all digitally.

OnBase review by Joseph F.
Joseph F.

"well rounded highly supported document management system"

What do you like best?

Hyland Software does a great job of constantly updating the application, and listening to its customers and their needs.

What do you dislike?

Heavy reliance on TIFF documents. Many clients prefer PDF over TIFF but functionality is limited when not dealing with TIFF images.

Many features are provided by add-on modules, adding to costs frequently.

Currently using for an electronic payroll workflow and invoicing.

"Couldn't get it Live"

What do you like best?

They had a few great features. The web viewer was really clean and much more user friendly than their competitors. Went onsite for administration training and it was really well done.

What do you dislike?

We weren't able to get our legacy data migrated into the system. We tried various routes but the data migration was unsuccessful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have legacy data to migrate, make sure they have been able to convert previous customers first.

We were looking to upgrade our scanned records management system.

OnBase review by Tony P.
Tony P.

"it is ok to use"

What do you like best?

workflows are great and helps streamline process

What do you dislike?

difficult to manage and not connected to our active directory well

procure to pay process

OnBase review by Sheryl M.
Sheryl M.

"I have been using it daily for a year"

What do you like best?

it is easy to use, very easy to search, user friendly

What do you dislike?

the zoom function on documents, I have to reset it with each page

it is much easier to store documents and have them accessible as I need

OnBase review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"OnBase"

What do you like best?

It's user friendly and actually the best piece of software I've ever used. It's stable, consistent, easy to configure, integrates great with other software, etc.

What do you dislike?

If I could complain about one thing it would be; I'd like the option to transfer test configurations over to production, currently this functionality isn't available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a robust Document Repository that's easy to setup, manage and User friendly this is it!

This Document Repository allows the entire organization to access documents from one location.

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Hyland OnBase Version 12"

What do you like best?

I like that OnBase and Epic work together and my team can index items and update the correct documentation. I like that we can index any item and that there are no limitations.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how slow the system is. It closes down all of the time and there are many limitations to the program. Reporting is difficult to manage. I would like to increase security measures and utilize OCR recognition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OnBase is a good option for indexing items into patient records.

Indexing patient information and records and importing it into patient accounts into EPIC

OnBase review by Michael Z.
Michael Z.

"Reliable ECM System"

What do you like best?

Scalability and flexibility. As our business needs and processes evolve, it is easy to tweak the system to accommodate these changes without much user interruption.

The OnBase API also allows us to integrate with our ERP.

What do you dislike?

Overall support is good, but they could do better on SCR response times.

Accounts payable, Accounts Receivable and Contract Management. Our business processes are now much more efficient and easy to audit.

OnBase review by User in Financial Services

"Decent software"

What do you like best?

I like Hyland in that it's fairly intuitive. It's easy to figure out the function of each button.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit slow and wonky. Could use a facelift as it looks outdated too.

We are able to process business pretty efficiently.

OnBase review by Mark S.
Mark S.

"Hyland InBase Healthcare"

What do you like best?

Amazing support, extremely robust and can import anything and very stable.

What do you dislike?

Burdonsome licensing and would like a stronger capture module out of the box.

Epic, device, SAP and lockbox integrations. HR and many home developed solutions. End point for consolidating several legacy systems.

OnBase review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Very good experience using OnBase"

What do you like best?

I like being able to search for documents using multiple keywords

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of anything that I dislike, perhaps the user interface could be more attractive, but functionally this software is great.

OnBase is great for archiving and pulling older vendor documents, it has been an asset during audit season.

OnBase review by Scott N.
Scott N.

"New to OnBase."

What do you like best?

From what I have seen so far, it is a very flexible software. Customizable to almost any business application.

What do you dislike?

Once you setup some of the structure to the system, it may be difficult to delete some of the processes you no longer use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth a look.

I am new to OnBase, so I don't have any experience yet to relay to this question.

OnBase review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Intuitive interface, excellent product"

What do you like best?

OnBase is a very intuitive product which allows for a very personalized configuration. No matter what your business is - OnBase can provide a complete ECM solution for you.

What do you dislike?

I've been working with OnBase for over 14 years and have seen huge improvements in the product.

OnBase is our complete ECM solution and allows us to track all of our documentation on all projects.

"Great resource management"

What do you like best?

OnBase makes it easy to store information in a way that is accessible over time. Also, easy to collaborate with other users to gain vital information across departments and physical locations.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to remember which key terms are used to search for a particular document.

Collection and management of event and contact data over time

OnBase review by Consultant in Accounting
Consultant in Accounting

"Mh Experience with OnBase"

What do you like best?

I liked how it made the data that I was looking for to be in a database that is easily accessible electronically instead of going through paper files.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the search parameters are difficult to understand and each entry needs to be exact

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definantely look up search help for it. Normally it needs exact answers and sometimes there are spaces in the beginning of the item you are looking for so it doesn't return any results.

I'm an auditor and a client gave us access to OnBase to get access to documents

OnBase review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Effective System for document storage and processing"

What do you like best?

By using OnBase, along with its various add on's, our company was able to go paperless. Mass amounts of paper storage is eliminated and paperwork is available in a few keystrokes. Processes are effectively streamlined and improved.

What do you dislike?

The only way to effectively implement OnBase, I highly recommend taking the class that they offer on site. Although the class is quite costly, you will learn so much more with hands on experience versus just reading the MRG's.

We are able to reduce the amount of paper that we use and store.

"Good functionality"

What do you like best?

The system is user friendly. Documents are easy to find.

What do you dislike?

My company required us to have scanning stations rather than individual scanners. So the shared process is what I disliked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy user friendly document management system.

Document storage

OnBase review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Long Time OnBase User/Developer"

What do you like best?

Hyland constantly keeps the product fresh

What do you dislike?

They have grown quite a bit and we have experienced down shift in the quality of there support staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a product with a vast array of modules. "Baby Steps" Implement with a well defined project plan. Stick to the plan, get it up and running 1st, expand after.

We have an enterprise wide solution so this is an everyday tool for all of our users and we continue to enhance and develop new solutions.

OnBase review by Robert W.
Robert W.

"OnBase User"

What do you like best?

Workflow software is simple and easy to teach and learn. As an admin, OnBase allows for mass deployment and ease-of-use

What do you dislike?

Cost can sometimes be an issue but overall value makes up for this.

Document Management, BPA, PDF conversion

"Admin user"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can search and find what you need fast. Storage is a plus as well.

What do you dislike?

As with anything licensing can become expensive. Other than price there wasn't too much I did not like about the product.

Better business workflow.

OnBase review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"End user perspective"

What do you like best?

Ability to securely store and retrieve documents and files from anywhere. Very powerful platform.

What do you dislike?

Complicated folder structure and naming conventions....could be due to our particular implementation.

Paperless globally distributed team.

User in Government Administration

"Great system to work with"

What do you like best?

Leave no room for error when filing documents

What do you dislike?

I feel like it's too many steps to do the job

N/a

"OnBase"

What do you like best?

Workflow for dividing up work between everyone.

What do you dislike?

Do not really dislike anything in particular

Everyday work. Keeps work organized.

Learning about OnBase by Hyland?

* We monitor all OnBase by Hyland reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.