OneCause, formerly BidPal

OneCause, formerly BidPal

(102 reviews)

BidPal has rebranded as OneCause! Our easy-to-use suite of fundraising solutions help nonprofits raise more funds and reach more donors. From BidPal Mobile Bidding to Text2Give, Online Fundraising, Ticketing and more; we give nonprofits the freedom to focus on one essential thing: their mission.

Work for OneCause, formerly BidPal?

Learning about OneCause, formerly BidPal?

OneCause, formerly BidPal Reviews

Ask OneCause, formerly BidPal a Question
Showing 102 OneCause, formerly BidPal reviews
OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Sue B.
Sue B.
View Original

"Very easy program."

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about OneCause, formerly BidPal
OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Lori G.
Lori G.

"Highly recommend OneCause"

What do you like best?

The program was not cumbersome to work with and navigating thru the site was very workable even for those who are not computer savvy.

What do you dislike?

Managing of the set priced items was too difficult. Need to develop an easier way to capture the sales and charge the purchase without having to go thru multiple screens. Should be a simple one click process.

Also, don't like the fact that the new swipers only work with ipads. My organization does not have enough in house and will have to borrow for next years event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend using this program.

Managing our biggest fundraising event was a much smoother process with this program. We were able to keep up to date with pre-event sales very easily. And the post event sales analysis the program provides is so detailed and thorough. We are able to access our event very quickly and make suggestions for next year. I handle many different tasks with my position and do not have the time to spend days recapping an event and this program allowed me to report and analyze the event so quickly allowing me to get back to my other priorities.

What Auction solution do you use?

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Tyler N.
Tyler N.

"The best way to process check-in/auction at our 850+ person gala!"

What do you like best?

We transitioned to using BidPal and OneCause three years ago. Our gala draws over 850 people and our silent auction is between 60 to 100 items every year. The system is easy and intuitive for both back-end administrators and guests. It also makes processing donations during our "Bid for a Cause" live donation segment of the event very simple for all guests, and makes follow-up after the event very easy.

What do you dislike?

The check-in process can sometimes get long because of the amount of info we collect from guests at the door, but we've been able to stay on top of it by bringing in more check-in staff and terminals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to gather as much information as possible on event attendees before the day of the event. Having guests' phone numbers and email addresses in the system already makes check-in much speedier than if the check-in team has to gather them as guests arrive. We've used this system each year since 2015 and this year we finally were able to make our check-in process quick and streamlined by gathering guests' email addresses and phone numbers prior to the event day. Also, be sure to make use of the text message feature both during the event for reminders, and after the event for follow-up.

We've eliminated much of the busy work with processing auction check-out and winners, and the process of assigning tables and seating is very easy.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.

"Easy software to help raise more $$!"

What do you like best?

The OneCause software is so easy to use, and simple for your guests as well. I love the reporting tools that make it so simple to analyze data and how responsive and helpful the OneCause employees are. To be honest, my favorite thing is that you can sort package sales by percent of value - that report is the best!

What do you dislike?

We used to be able to mass upload package photos, which isn't working anymore due to the loss of browser flash support. I've been told they're working this issue so I'm happy to hear that - it just makes a huge difference in time savings the week of an event. This is really the only bad thing I can say about OneCause.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't regret using this software, it's ease of use both on the back end and on the user end is worth it alone.

We've been able to raise more money than in years past due to the addition of mobile bidding through BidPal in our event. This year we opened our silent auction two days early and had record setting success!

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Eric K.
Eric K.

"No Longer Supports Salesforce "

What do you like best?

This was a wonderful platform before its forced merchant migration.

What do you dislike?

After the forced merchant migration, requiring all existing clients on First Americant, all our patron's information stopped being automatically imported into Salesforce, creating a massive headache and time-consuming data entry one month prior to our event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a Salesforce user, I wouldn't advise OneCause because there is no way to automate importing opportunities -- because they force you to use FirstAmerican which does not support the auto-import.

Before migration - I could track existing and new members, whether they were attending our event. Their buying history, etc.

After the migration - nothing. OneCause not worth it for us anymore. MobileCause is the better option.

We have to manually feed donations, ticket purchases, winning bids, etc on Salesforce. This is a huge headache and time consuming problem.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.

"BidPal/OneCause was our best event decision!"

What do you like best?

All the work is stream-lined, and the available exports make it easy to upload the details into our CRM software. What I really love is the day after the event - when everything is SO easy to tally and process! Our guests love bidding from their phones and devices -- because they can socialize AND bid!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to outright dislike - we have been using the software for 5 years now, and have been able to improve our data entry each year - we have become efficient in getting what we want from the software. We have reduced our use of BidPal devices to zero, and we provide ipads support for individuals without smart phones - no complaints!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simplify your event and impress your guests with your organization!

Using BidPal for our silent auction, and for our fixed price items for years has both increased the number of bids on an item, and the percentage of overall value we raise at the event. This year we used the donation button and a live donation proceeds count, with great success.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Alexandra W.
Alexandra W.

"Great Experience with OneCause (BidPal)"

What do you like best?

I think I like the customer service the best, they are always easy to reach and fast to respond. I have a team dedicated to helping me but if something comes up after or before business hours I can call the support line and they always help. I also really like the mobile bidding and ticketing feature because it brings everything together so we only have to pay and use one software rather than multiple.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say there are specific things that I dislike about the software but there is always room for improvement. However with that I know that they are constantly upgrading and taking suggestions from users like me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great program that is really working on improving their quality and ease of use for everyone!

We have seen an increase n our auction sales, our ticket sales are more streamlined now that when they purchase their ticket it directs them to the bidding site for the silent auction which is great. The mobile bidding also helps cut down the workload on our volunteers!

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Caroline  T.
Caroline T.

"My favorite software to use!"

What do you like best?

OneCause and I have a love-love relationship! When I first began using this platform, I was a nervous wreck! OneCause has guided me now through five years of events and has helped us continually beat our fundraising goals. I highly suggest this software to anyone, no matter the budget. The a-la-carte pricing is great so you can try just a little at a time. It will keep you wanting more! :)

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about OneCause! Data entry is difficult on any platform but OneCause helps recognize your mistakes through their 'wellness check tool'. It truly guides you through planning an event! Plus, their support team is incredible!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth a shot to at least learn how the platform could support your events! With such a variety of products, I have found new ways to use these products over and over again at many different types of events.

Raising funds to support our mission while keeping our costs low so the most donations can go directly to those we serve!

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Melanie P.
Melanie P.

"BidPal? More like BestPal!"

What do you like best?

New user interface and customer support.

What do you dislike?

Auction companies other than BidPal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer support and post-event analytics alone are worth the commitment. Easy support chat windows along with a personal customer service rep continue to help keep our team calm before, during and after our events. Plus having on-site reps for an event is priceless. Your event home-page gives you a quick financial snap shot of where you are in terms of reaching your goals and the reports give you detailed accounts of revenue streams, bid history, donor info, billing info, and more.

As your organization grows, BidPal is fully equipped to grow with you by offering a variety of platforms that can help fundraise across multiple platforms.

BiPal has allowed us to give our auction guests the easiest, most intuitive, user-friendly platform available. The ease of having a sleek, mobile platform for guests easily translates into dollars for our event.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, streamlined our reports, wonderful support both via telephone and online.

What do you dislike?

I wish that when you added "company" to your supporter you could have another box for the names - currently I have to put in the company name again in the last name so that reports don't appear that the supporter is my contact. Think the process of adding pages to your giving center is cumbersome - our company normally doesn't allow dropbox etc to host images. We still have Internet Explorer which makes it difficult for everyone to see images because OneCause doesn't support IE. Our hospital can't replace and update for 9.000 employees. Overall, we absolutely love the product and overlook and find ways to overcome these challenges. Wish there was a streamlined, EASY way to upload into RaisersEdge all of the information and not just bits and pieces. Don't like having to pay an additional product to do so. Seems very hard to do if you aren't familiar with how to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy product - lots of features. Know all of the features and use them accordingly.

Mobile bidding for our larger events and event sign up as well. Shortens workload for staff

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by User

"Seamless auction software helped boost our gala!"

What do you like best?

At our gala, our attendees were seated for most of the event. That is why we needed something to help our attendees return to the items in our auction because they would not be physically returning to the auction tables. We appreciated how people were able to see the items clearly on their phones and quickly get notifications or bid right from their seat.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the interface of the donation thermometer. I think it would have been nice to have several more up to date options for showing the progress of our fundraising.

We solved the problem of people not returning to the auction table and having the auction not serve its purpose during our gala. It provided fun entertainment for our donors who weren't in the mood for being overly social, and it gave an avenue for donors to feel like they were getting something for their donation.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Dana G.
Dana G.

"Auction Fundraising Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Using BidPal compared to some other online auction software I've used was like comparing Apple to MS Dos. The user experience was actually enjoyable! Further, BidPal's support staff was AMAZING. We had a DYI account and so I called the support line A LOT. There was always a friendly and knowledgable person who answered my questions. Lastly, BidPal hosts a number of free online webinars open to anyone that I found extremely insightful.

What do you dislike?

The Giving Center could not be customized in the software version we used, nor could some of the receipts. Hopefully this changes in future iterations. The user interface was better than other online auction products I've seen, but not as user friendly as sites like Shopify. With that said, I think the version coming out this summer will address some of that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I evaluated a number of different products before deciding on BidPal and the cost is comparable. What pushes it over the edge for me is the user friendly interface and back-end, as well as the quality of the customer support it comes with.

For an organization with limited staff, BidPal made the back-end really easy for us. Registration and Check Out was a breeze and we were able to generate a lot of sales through our online auction before our event even began.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Katie R.
Katie R.

"Best Auction Help You Can Find"

What do you like best?

Bidpal helps me to do what it could take several people to do. Since we have a small group who works on our event, this is invaluable. I like having everything in one place and knowing exactly where we are at in the event planning process. The pre and post event reports provide information that helps us improve the event from year to year.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Bidpal. As a nonprofit, I always am watching our budget, so I wish we could spend a little less on Bidpal. At the same time, I think the service they provide is worth ever penny. We could not do it without them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend giving Bidpal a try for your next event!

We have a very small development office and a small group of volunteers to run our auction event. Bidpal is an integral part of our team. It make the planning and execution of our event run smoothly year in and year out. I love having Bidpal on site to help trouble shoot anything that might arise. It gives me great peace of mind going into an event knowing I have them to lean on. Check in and check out the night of our event are a breezy with Bidpal. What used to take a massive group of volunteers, now takes just a few people. It is quick and easy for our guests, which they enjoy as well. And everyone has fun with the mobile bidding!

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Brianne B.
Brianne B.

"BidPal is Exactly what we've always needed, and everything we wanted!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy the system is to use. I had never used BidPal before and was able to pick it up almost instantly. I was thrown into the mix of planning a huge event and BidPal actually made it easier for me, even though I was new to the system.

What do you dislike?

All the reports are great, however it seems they mostly are PDF's and Word Docs. I need excels in most of my reporting, so that has been a bit of challenge. But at least they have all the information I need. Its just a matter of formatting it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to any institution who has run an auction or event with this software. See if there is one in your area you can attend even! This system is so easy to use for both the institution and the constituents who log in as supporters.

We are planning events, taking payments, running online silent and live auctions. Essentially, event fundraising.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Laurie K.
Laurie K.

"Wouldn't do it without them!"

What do you like best?

The excellent customer support and training

What do you dislike?

When the event is over because I love working with our rep

Recommendations to others considering the product

I simply would not think of running a fundraising silent auction event without OneCause. The ease of the software prior to the event is awesome, the pre-event support from our rep is amazing and our on-site team was the best ever! I receive so many compliments throughout the event on the ease of bidding and I love the reporting that I can pull after the event!

The execution of our silent auction and our fund a need. We have eliminated the necessity of recording winners, collecting the money, can easily upload the information into our database, Raisers Edge.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Molly F.
Molly F.

"You Can't Go Wrong With OneCause!"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use, for both those setting up the event and for those participating. The customer support is outstanding. They are always incredibly helpful and have a patient, positive attitude. The software also streamlines processes like RSVPs, registration, and checkout, which helps the event run more smoothly and more efficiently!

What do you dislike?

The software comes with a wealth of information, however, sometimes the quantity can be a bit overwhelming, although the quality is very high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OneCause is a good fit if you need something user friendly with good support - literally their excellent support team is what pushes this software from great to fantastic. There are a number of package options depending on your budget and level of involvement you would like from the company in your event. The software is easy to set up, and it makes your event run much smoother without having to distribute and collect paper bids and registration sheets (plus paperless is good for the environment!). Your participants will enjoy using the mobile bidding features and the competitive features may help boost your auction revenue. Overall it's a great investment. Give OneCause a call!

It has saved us a lot of time and hassle with our auction. All the processes such as auction cataloging, registration, bidding management and checkout went so much more quickly using the software then it had in previous years before we signed on with OneCause.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Administrator

"Great platform and customer service team"

What do you like best?

This platform is super easy to use - both on the admin side and the user side. The Customer Service has been phenomenal as well. Any time we have a question, they are quick with a response. they also make a lot of great suggestions along the way to make your event successful.

What do you dislike?

The switch from IATS has been tough since we can't get any more USB swipers in time for our next event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We shopped around and did a bunch of demos with other software before selecting OneCause. We selected this software for a few reasons - first it was 1 price for the entire year, many others charge per event which gets expensive quick. Signing up for an entire year is making us think how else we can use the software that we had not considered previously. The other reason was how much this software can really do. The reporting sections is incredible and the ease of entering auction items and guests into the system has confirmed we made the right decision.

We were nervous about switching to an electronic bidding software, but our nerves were quickly calmed once we decided to use OneCause. Their customer service team checked in on us every step of the way up until our event.

With our next event on the horizon, we can't wait to see how much it will improve OUR experience at the event. The closing and checkout at this event has always been a nightmare, and we know that with OneCause that nightmare is going to end and allow us to close the night smoothly.

There are a ton of reports we can pull before, during, and after the event which proved really helpful.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Administrator

"Professional and Personable staff that made our event easier"

What do you like best?

The team exhibited professional decorum, pleasant demeanor, and willing to help . Becky was excellent and patient, flowing seamlessly with the in-house demands of our small team day-of.

What do you dislike?

back end was sometimes unclear, as in being able to preview the bid items on desktop version from back end to front. Photo uploads didn't necessarily show in preview pane unless you went to next screen. Ran into slight dilemma making sure our wi-fi was compatible. Could you recommend a wifi minimum capacity so we could be better prepared?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consult early, have team on site for your event to maximize prospects, as our team was confident in their expertise so we could devote our attention to other on site event logistics.

Maximized our team's time and made our event day much smoother. User experience was quite seamless. We are always looking to incorporate more software technologies into our more traditional events, as our audience can be slow to accept changes to event programmings - BidPal was a win, however and they adjusted very well.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Samie S.
Samie S.

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

The customer service is amazing, they are extremely helpful, friendly and willing to go the extra mile for every client.

What do you dislike?

Nothing- the software is extremely easy to use and click through to learn they have a great knowledgebase and customer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are a DIY client and are so happy with the service we received! They gave us an initial consultation, we had full support throughout our planning process, they checked-in with us a few days prior to our event and had a support line available the entire time during our event. Pretty amazing service for a DIY client.

BidPal allowed for us to hold a fundraising event completely paper-free. It was great to have the technology in place to allow for so many guests to bid, donate and ultimately support our mission

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Ed A.
Ed A.

"Liked BidPal, Really Like OneCause"

What do you like best?

I really like the social media influence and how easy it is for anyone to use. I like customized registration features which were definitely not a one size fit all which made it ideal for various fundraisers we put on.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there was not one thing that I didn't like. The various options made it ideal for each need we had for each individual fundraiser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is completely worth the costs of the service and you can choose exactly what you need or want and how it relates to your organization and specific event/targeted audience that you are needing to reach to make your event a success. It really is a one-stop shop! Best of all is that because of how easy it is to use and all of the features it saved us a lot of time and we didn't need to focus on this part of our event.

using this increased our registered participants, increased donations, let us spend less time on this aspect of the fundraiser and gave us a larger platform through social media and having our participants be a major voice for us.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Dalma S.
Dalma S.

"Saint Peter's Prep Grand Gala andOneCause"

What do you like best?

OneCause and their staff were professional, accessible and were experts in their specific areas. Their ability to provide an individualized experience that is in the best interest of your organization and fundraising event made the experience a complete package.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike, is that we had not used OneCause sooner! I do not have much feedback in regards to dislike. The team was very responsive and the day of, they worked with the venue and volunteers to ensure everyone was comfortable and trained. I truly have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a company that will provide your exemplary customer service and will treat you like "family", OneCause is the right company. They really personalize your experience from beginning to end. Additionally, the follow-up is great to ensure that the experience was complete up to par and to our expectations.

We were able to expedite different processes such as Registration, Bidding, and Checkout in a way that provided a great experience for our guests and donors. This, in turn, led to a seamless evening in which guests were able to enjoy the evening. Additionally, the team shared tips and tricks to increase profits and to ensure that we met our fundraising goal.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Amy D.
Amy D.

"Great fundraising platform"

What do you like best?

BidPal is very easy to use and versatile. From an admin perspective, we are able to create and manage our events very easily from the back end of the program. From an event/on-site perspective, I have trained dozens of volunteers at many events literally 10 minutes before they had to register guests and assist at auctions. This has always gone seamlessly and volunteers of varying experience and ability are able to understand how to use this system. Also, the support of BidPal staff is unparalleled. I have worked with many BidPal staff and they are always friendly, proactive and responsive. I highly recommend BidPal.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, this system is easy to use and makes our events look and feel very professional.

Easy payment processing, easy guest registration, easy reporting and data export, professional look and feel of our events for our guests.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"Worth every penny!"

What do you like best?

Smartphone bidding helps boost the sale price on each item while allowing people to enjoy the party.

What do you dislike?

The new end user interface is not as nice as the old one. On the back end more knowledge of HTML is needed to make the page look nice than I think should be required. I liked being able to add the pre-fab boxes to my home page before. Now the page looks stark and boring. I also felt the old smartphone interface was slicker looking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It is worth every penny!

Fundraising and RSVP'ing for events/ticket sales. Increase in profits generated at fundraising events. Ease of ticket sales and credit card processing for non-fundraising events.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Kathleen A.
Kathleen A.

"OneCause makes event planning easy!"

What do you like best?

We really like the online bidding option.

What do you dislike?

We wish that the scoreboard would accommodate more multiple donation packages and had the ability to merge them all together so that they could be presented on the scoreboard by the highest to the lowest rather than sorted by each slide which is what we had to do in order to not pay an additional fee.

no need to keep big, unwieldy spreadsheets anymore -

people can bid on silent auction items whether they attend the event or not

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Jacquelyn W.
Jacquelyn W.

"BidPal Efficient With Support at Giving Event"

What do you like best?

BidPal is easy to use and engaging for donors at an event.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the live BidPal software which is through a web browser, and you can easily stray (Accidentally) from the main area you need to be in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a live event it is essential to have a few BidPal staff members on site to help trouble shoot with any issues. They are very knowledgeable and helpful!

BidPal solves the issue of how to streamline your registration, silent auction and donation process during a live event such as a gala. The benefits are that you can have one person register then you can access them throughout the event for things such as straight donations, or to assist them with silent auction. They can also do this themselves on their phone which is very helpful to limit staff involvement.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Administrator

"OneCause -- easy to use and great customer service"

What do you like best?

-- The software is intuitive and easy to use. It gives us all the tools we need to run our auctions.

-- The online help is thorough and simple to understand. I also like the chat option if I have a quick question.

-- The customer service at OneCause never fails to impress me. They're available from early morning into the evening and I always reach a pleasant and knowledgeable representative that can help me resolve my issue. I wish the customer service at other companies, both in my personal and professional life, were as good as OneCause.

What do you dislike?

We recently had a lapse of communication that could have affected our largest fundraiser but OneCause stepped up and helped us resolve the issue.

We moved to OneCause in hopes of increasing revenue with mobile bidding. It's tricky to say exactly how much revenue has increased because the items in the auction vary greatly from year to year but it's significant. As added benefits, our supporters can start bidding before the actual event and the feedback we've received has been overwhelmingly positive.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Administrator in Individual & Family Services
Administrator in Individual & Family Services

"Easy to Use, Beautiful Interface, and Amazing Support Team"

What do you like best?

OneCause helped us take our Silent Auctions to the next level.

Our nonprofit runs several large events per year. I used to dread running the Silent Auction because managing pen and paper bids for over 300 people was a nightmare. We started looking into mobile bidding and check-in, and OneCause was by far the most streamlined, attractive, and accessible software we came across.

The OneCause team is amazing. We decided to switch over to the software just two weeks before a major event, and they made sure the software and our staff were trained and ready to go. If I had any questions, I could just call their support team, who are all incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. They even sent an event specialist to assist us at the event. I have never had a smoother check-in!

Our guests loved the site and found it so easy to use. OneCause gives you so many options to customize your pages and give shout-outs to your donors! The potential for on-site activation is endless, and our sponsors were more than pleased. I love that OneCause can project a scoreboard that tracks donations in real time and gives donors recognition on screen!

We doubled our Silent Auction proceeds that night---keep in mind we only had OneCause for two weeks! Not only that, but every single pledge was fulfilled by the end of the week.The ability to text donors directly during and after the event makes a huge difference for Silent Auction and Pledge Fulfillment.

What do you dislike?

So far, the site has been so easy to use and the support so good that I have yet to run into any technical issues. What is new to us is that ticket sales have to be done through your OneCause site and not your organization's webpage. We are looking into ways to either embed the page into our website or redirect to OneCause from our main website so as to avoid confusion and driving traffic away from the main site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the investment. The software is easy to use, has a variety of options for customization, and the support team is top notch. If you want to take your fundraising event to the next level, OneCause is one of the best options out there.

Streamlined check-in, check-out, and Silent Auction. Hitting fundraising goals much sooner and more efficiently. Scoreboard and customization makes a bigger impact on donors, and the software allows us to capture and store information. Integration with Salesforce makes it easy to manage event data, and payment processing is much easier.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Tia  B.
Tia B.

"BidPal by One Cause makes a big auction manageable"

What do you like best?

BidPal does a lot to help us manage our annual benefit auction from beginning to end. It

has a solid database for tracking solicitations, donors, ticket sales, sponsorships and guest records, which translates seamlessly into an online catalog and an easy to use bidding system before and during the event. Reports and analytics are incredibly useful. Our first year with BidPal increased our proceeds tremendously, and we haven't looked back. Customer service is responsive and generally excellent.

What do you dislike?

I could use the capacity for accepting donations through online forms that go directly into the database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I couldn't recommend them more. They have been committed to constant improvement and growth, and responsive to our feedback. Service is on point and friendly.

we're managing a large event, and BidPal makes it infinitely easier.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Stephanie Ann K.
Stephanie Ann K.

"Excellent Experience"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of BidPal was the auction managing system. It was so much easier to track our auction solicitations and package items! The BidPal support team was very helpful any time we had questions, and the tutorial videos were awesome! Check-in and check-out were also a breeze.

What do you dislike?

We had to enter in all of our supporters as there is not yet integration with DonorPerfect.

BidPal offered a better alternative to another auction management company we had been using. With BidPal, check-in and check-out were the quickest and easiest we have ever experienced at our event. It was very nice that we could manage table registrations at the event through the online system.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Lisa S.
Lisa S.

"OneCause helped shape major fundraising changes in our event process"

What do you like best?

From start to finish, the ease of tracking donations and being able to run reports

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really! I would have like to know more about how to set things up prior to the event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would confidently recommend this to others in the fundraising event world.

This product allowed our organization to have multiple working in the program at a time. Time is key when planning and executing our fundraiser. Sharing this program with volunteers allowed me more time to develop others areas of the event.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Brenda J.
Brenda J.

"Amazing experience & more revenue!"

What do you like best?

We were extremely happy that our entire gala could be managed with the OneCause system- from bid cards to managing auction packages, it does it all! It was so much fun hitting "refresh" on my phone during the silent auction and seeing the bids in real time. My volunteers really appreciated having OneCause staff available to help them register and check out guests while I was covering details "in the room." Bravo!

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more functionality with managing the sponsorship process, but it worked well with a supplemental spreadsheet.

We increased our silent auction revenue- especially with allowing guests and non-attendees to bid ahead of the gala. We were also able to offer our guests an online giving and registration process.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"BidPal for Bingo Bash was a success!"

What do you like best?

The auction bidding and check-out processes went smoother than ever! It was very easy for our guests to bid from anywhere in the building and keep track of items they were interested in.

What do you dislike?

We have to have two separate accounts for BidPal and iATS, which is confusing when setting up events and tracking financials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BidPal offers great support from their team of event professionals! I highly recommend using this software!

We are solving many issues with organization and data tracking for our annual fundraising event. The BidPal software has made it easy for us to develop clear fundraising goals and track the progress towards achieving those goals. The staff communicated regularly throughout our planning process and did a great job of ensuring we had all tools & knowledge needed for a successful fundraiser.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Samantha W.
Samantha W.

"OneCause saved our event"

What do you like best?

I love the mobile bidding option. We had a blizzard that made us cancel our largest fundraising event this year and we had to move all of our items, live and silent, online. We were able to auction all of our items and we made more money than our previous year's event.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a seamless connection between OneCause and Bloomerang.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using this product. Their customer service is top notch.

We have seen an increase in our proceeds from the silent auction. We are able to capture all attendees data more easily at our event and our chceck-out process is much quicker at all of our events.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Great experience with BidPal! Incredible costumer support!"

What do you like best?

This was our first year to offer mobile bidding at our annual auction and BidPal was incredibly easy to use. It made for a very successful event. Inputting the auction item data was easy and having several reporting options was also very nice to have.

What do you dislike?

BidPal was very easy to use and set up. I don't think there was anything about the system that I didn't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend BidPal to others. From start to finish, the whole auction process was much easier for us this year. Entering auction items and creating packages was simple; making table assignments and purchasing tickets was very straightforward; and having the data provided in several different reporting options was really nice to have.

We were trying to improve on our auction proceeds from last year and wanted to offer the mobile bidding option for our guests. We were very glad we chose BidPal to help us with this and were very pleased with the outcome of our auction this year.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Administrator

"Amazing Service, Excellent Software, Great Way to Track Event Totals with Ease"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to customize and build out a giving center that mirrors the look of your campaign. Creating a 'micro-site' allowed us to direct guests to the auction while giving them important information about our organization and mission. Support is readily available and ready to help with any questions. This is my 10th time to use the software and they are continually adding features and functionality that makes it better each time!

What do you dislike?

The price is a big financial commitment if you have only one fundraiser each year....

We are a small team with a one person accounting department. By processing payments online and getting event totals at the end of the event, we can easily and quickly report on fundraising goals to our board and chairs with confidence. Processing payments in batch eliminates time on the accounting end and makes it a much smoother transaction.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Phil G.
Phil G.

"BidPal has proven to be wonderful partner in our effort to raise needed funds for our ministry"

What do you like best?

My team loves to work with Bidpal for two very important reasons. One, we love the pre-event support provided. Bidpal helps us organize all donated silent auction items, manage individual and group registrations, and make table assignments prior to the event. Two, we love the assistance provide with check-out. Check-out literally is a click of a button and we are finished. Guests pick-up their items and they are on their way allowing the volunteers that support the event to go home soon after its conclusion. I personally like to tracking and the historical data it provides - it really helps as we plan future events!

What do you dislike?

To perfectly honest there is nothing that I dislike. Even when things do work as we expect, there is someone from the BidPal Team ready to make it right. While we certainly love the technical aspects of BidPal, we also love the personal support that is provided.

The biggest problem was managing the check-out of our event and recording all donations correctly and that problem was corrected entirely through the use of BidPal!

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Lauren G.
Lauren G.

"Habitat for Humanity of St. Charles County "

What do you like best?

The online bidding has been incredible to our gala and increasing our evening proceeds. The reporting available post event has also helped our organization immensely.

What do you dislike?

Sprint phone carriers had a hard time connecting to BidPal to begin bidding.

We have had great history with BidPal for our annual gala. We have raised more money for our mission since using BidPal and our guests have enjoyed the online giving platform. We are able to spread the word of our event more with an easy link for everyone to learn more and purchase tickets.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Hilary D.
Hilary D.

"User-friendly software for both organizer and bidders! "

What do you like best?

OneCause Software is efficient and user-friendly. As an event organizer, I enjoy the ability to upload auction items quickly and format the bidding website to fit our needs. We love having an on-site team join us at our annual fundraiser to keep us on track and provide recommendations in real time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - I appreciate OneCause taking my recommendations and working to update their system to fit our needs.

The technology allows us to collect funds quickly and having a mobile user interface allows people to network throughout the crowd but still be able to keep an eye on items they wish to bid on. I love the text messaging feature! We use it throughout the night.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Evonne M.
Evonne M.

"Great!"

What do you like best?

What I liked the best about OneCause is how clear and easy the reports are to read and print out to use at your event. I also loved the Giving Center and how easy registration is with Smart Pay.

What do you dislike?

I think you need to improve your Smart Pay app.

I think the support team is very helpful and that is a large benefit.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Effortless Event Auctions "

What do you like best?

mobile bidding feature, early access bidding, easy upload of auction items, smooth auction check out, post event reporting.

What do you dislike?

mobile bidding is more difficult for packages with longer descriptions - makes phone platform more of a challenge. Guests must access and sign in on smart phone unless devices are including in contract package offerings. Pictures of items can also be difficult to see using a smaller viewing platform such as a smart phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many packages available that meet the criteria of your event - definitely consult with a BIDPAL employee beforehand. Having the support on site at the event has also made all the difference. Just to simply be there and troubleshoot or answer any questions is extremely helpful.

Trying to appeal to a technological savvy and affluent donor audience, yet experiencing some difficulties with adapting to using a new app and specifically communicating the re-brand to event planning committees that may not be as technologically savvy.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by User

"The full service options are extremely beneficial to small shops. "

What do you like best?

OneCause has an incredible support team. I've used many fundraising products over many years and have found their team to be the most knowledgeable. They are clearly not reading from a script or looking things up in a manual. The advice is real, the discussions are productive, and they are extremely professional.

What do you dislike?

Right now, we don't have any complaints. I imagine cost might be a drawback for some organizations but we feel like we got every cent worth out of our contract.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OneCause is great for mobile bidding, has attractive mobile pages, and is very easy to use and set up. Their support team is amazing if you don't have a lot of time to devote to the administrative tasks, or if you need event-night help.

OneCause checks your data and site, reminds you of deadlines, trains your volunteers, takes care of questions on-site the night of the event, and discusses best practices that fit your situation. They even had suggestions for improvement the second year we used them so our event ran smoother. It removed a LOT of administrative burden so our other fundraising efforts didn't have to suffer.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Judi M.
Judi M.

"Excellent experience once again!"

What do you like best?

I've been using BidPal for events for many years, basically since their inception. Their software is state of the art, addresses all aspects of an auction, and is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The manage supporters area could use some work. It can get a little confusing when 1 person is an auction donor, bidder, and attendee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to do their tutorials. They're short and easy and will save you time when it's crunch time.

BidPal has saved us hours of volunteer time. In the past, after an event, we would spend days reviewing our results, checking to see which auction items weren't paid for, etc. Now, with the click of a button, we get reports on all aspects of the auction.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Edward P.
Edward P.

"Great tool for our gala!"

What do you like best?

I LOVE the simplicity of adding items, packages, seating, and everything pertaining to our gala! It is truly amazing to see it come together and give us an online tool!

What do you dislike?

I don't like the pricing. It cost us around $5,000 to get this platform which just seems very expensive when we already have to pay other companies for services. Oh, and they take a transaction fee.

We solved a huge problem with taking our silent auction online and have been able to raise more money!

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"OneCause formerly known as BidPal"

What do you like best?

I love the payment processing feature best. The checkout and check in screen is easy to use and user friendly. I love that we can receive real-time results of our auction and rally.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the auction platform in the giving center: I think we should be able to post multiple photos of an item. The program also distorts the quality of the photos you upload. I wish that wasn’t the case. If someone is purchasing something online they should be able to see the item properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using them for payment processing and auctions. The auction software is incredible.

Before we were using BidPal for our payment processing we were having to manually type in our payment processor the items they were purchasing and the breakdown of source codes. It may the checkout process tedious and time consuming and our checkout process at events was extremely long and would leave a bitter taste in the mouths of our donors. Now that we use BidPal we are able to breeze through the checkout process by taking credit cards upon check in, holding the information and charging them at the end of the night. It’s fantastic!

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by McKenzie B.
McKenzie B.

"Smooth Trasnsition"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and intuitive nature of the platform.

What do you dislike?

I would love native Salesforce integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider making a solid transition and implementation plan. Customer support can help you but they can only do so much from afar. Demo and try out the product to ensure it meets your needs. It's a great platform, but like any it does have it's limitations and at the end of the day your proficiency may be what stretches its performance to meet your needs.

Event and donor management. We are able to run our gala, raffles and other events off of the OneCause platform.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"BidPal has grown our silent auction"

What do you like best?

I like that users can bid from anywhere. They don't have to be present for the auction to participate

What do you dislike?

It's a little pricey and even though we've had sponsors, that cuts into the profits if we cannot cover the cost

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely make use of their tutorials as they are immensely helpful

In the past we had people cheat the system with the hand-written auctioning. They would say they didn't bid and someone wrote their name in. We had people write in whatever price they wanted to pay instead of the minimum. It was really messy prior to this. We have also been able to capture payments at the time of auction instead of tracking people down.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by User

"I would recommend One Cause to anyone that is holding a fundraiser of any kind. Super user friendly"

What do you like best?

First, I loved how the representatives were all very willing to help. Any question I had if they didn't know they found out the answer and let me know immediately. The program itself is very easy to use and follow.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easy way to put our raffle tickets that were purchased before the event in the system besides inputting in to each individual person that purchased it. Just wish we could add the amount in the total so everything was on one page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A MUST!!!!

'This is our first year of using One Cause- one of our committee members used it at our local hospital for their gala and just raved about it. Our last program we felt we had to repeat a lot of the steps.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Alexandra K.
Alexandra K.

"Fantastic experience with a great software and incredibly helpful team."

What do you like best?

The Bidpal system has totally transformed the way we do auctions. Our attendees love it and find it to be quite user friendly. Our revenue has increased because of it and we're constantly impressed by the dedication of the team.

What do you dislike?

I have consistently positive experiences with the BidPal team and found that any issues are quickly addressed so I don't have any dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to reach out and talk with the BidPal team. They have great insights and are very helpful.

The problem we're solving is how to get event attendees to engage with the auction in a more significant and prolonged way than a quick glance upon arrival. Bidpal keeps folks bidding and donating throughout the night which has resulted in additional revenue and a seamless guest experience.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Alysia C.
Alysia C.

"Goodbye Paper Auctions!!!"

What do you like best?

I love that we no longer have to waste paper, ink and time printing lists and bid sheets.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would change is the length of time that we are able to go back and look at our event and print reports. And I wish it was more compatible with our donor database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask around - ask us!

We are saving time, paper and ink. Plus, we are working out of one system at the same time - reduces duplication in work and allows for us to correct/edit easily.

OneCause, formerly BidPal review by Chelsea O.
Chelsea O.

"Fantastic Platform!"

What do you like best?

Using the BidPal text feature to collect unpaid balances post event. Made fundraising that much easier! Guests also received important event updates without disrupting the flow of the evening. Great feature.

What do you dislike?

Truly can't think of much I "disliked". At times it was a little challenging to locate certain features, but the BidPal support team quickly helped me out.

We used BidPal for a live donation moment during our event, which resulted in almost $9,000 in two minutes! This would have been impossible to accomplish without BidPal

Learn more about OneCause, formerly BidPal

OneCause, formerly BidPal Videos

Learning about OneCause, formerly BidPal?

* We monitor all OneCause, formerly BidPal reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.