4.9

Payroll has never been easier. OnPay™ delivers a simple, modern and affordable solution for payroll.

Work for OnPay?

Learning about OnPay?

OnPay Reviews

Showing 36 OnPay reviews
OnPay review by Jasha C.
Jasha C.

"Easy and it works"

What do you like best?

Weekly pay reminders, and the interface is really easy to use. Onpay keeps track of the taxes and pays them on time.

What do you dislike?

The set up was not real straight forward, but wasn't too hard. Tech support is super.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really like the software, and it sure beats doing it yourself, or paying an accountant to do it, especially if you have few employees (like myself).

I really like that the state and federal taxes and medicare are all handled by OnPay. I just wouldn't want to spend time to figure all that out and keep track of it.

They handle all the paperwork with regard to payroll and all the various deductions that must be taken. It saves me a bunch of time as a sole proprietor.

My employee loves that OnPay can split the pay so that part goes into her savings account and part to her checking. She likes getting notification that she's been paid every Monday.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about OnPay
OnPay review by Annie E.
Annie E.

"Great payroll service for my small business"

What do you like best?

We decided to go with OnPay after a negative experience with a PEO. We still wanted to find a solution with outside support for payroll and benefits, but we wanted the flexibility of customizing the product to fit our needs. I love the fee structure with OnPay. It's simple and clear with no hidden fees.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a PTO service for my employees to submit their requests and management approve which automatically integrated into the payroll system. It's manual for now, but I hear it might be in the works as a future service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend OnPay. I would suggest taking advantage of their support team. They are always helpful and do a great job of walking me through processes. Whether it was adding a payroll deduction category or setting up direct deposit for my employees, everything is clear and simple. OnPay is an extremely user friendly platform.

I don't need a dedicated employee internally doing administrative payroll tasks. OnPay is very user-friendly and once I was set up, all I have to do is go in and click approve once every two weeks. I'm able to have a comprehensive payroll solution without any administrative work internally. They also helped us find a small business health insurance plan and I can do payroll deductions directly through their platform.

What Payroll solution do you use?

OnPay review by Jeannette W.
Jeannette W.

"Perfect Payroll Partner for Small Business"

What do you like best?

OnPay's customer service is incredible. We just processed our first payroll and they reached out to me more than our previous provider had done in 6 months. They even caught an error I had made and offered to fix it for me.

What do you dislike?

There were a couple of items that were not intuitive in the setup, but I was able to get help immediately. Mainly understanding how to add employees and where I needed to put the information for their direct deposit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are self-managing your payroll, OnPay is perfect for your small business.

Managing my company's payroll when I know nothing about withholding, taxes, etc. They make it painlessly and so easy. The online system is very intuitive! I now have much more confidence in managing the payroll.

OnPay review by Janet R.
Janet R.

"OnPay is a great asset to our company."

What do you like best?

On pay is so easy to you/user friendly. If I ever have any issues the online chat service is quick to respond and help. Everyone is always knowledgeable and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The way it saves things automatically takes some getting use to. The only other issues we have had with it is the Quickbooks integration. It has been a hard to get that figured out at times. Setting up new accounts to map correctly doesn't always work properly and I have to go back into quickbooks and redo it manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool, I definitely recommend it for the money.

OnPay makes payroll so fast and easy. We input the hours, new employees, direct deposit etc with ease. Saves time which save money. The direct deposit service is fantastic and a great value.

OnPay review by Mark S.
Mark S.

"Perfect Payroll Solution for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

OnPay makes my job a lot easier. They do all the calculations, filings, payments and reporting for me, all for an incredibly reasonable monthly fee. When I have an issue or question their online chat function comes in very handy.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that the notification emails they send to remind me of upcoming payruns don't always come on the exact right day because they don't take into consideration bank holidays. So I simply create calendar events as reminders.

OnPay saves me time, headaches and money. The payrun inputting process is simple. They handle both state and federal tax filings for me and even issue W2s to my employees. Plus they provide an array of reports that make Workers' Comp audits, for example, quick and easy.

OnPay review by C. Douglas S.
C. Douglas S.

"Brilliantly Fast Setup, and Even Faster Payroll Runs"

What do you like best?

OnPay was very easy to setup and their customer service has been quick to help with questions and a few customization needs. The interface is clean and easy to use, so much so that I get nervous I have forgotten something. It just can't be this easy to run payroll!

What do you dislike?

There really aren't any features that I don't like. I would love to have a reminder of when payroll needs to be run but that is hardly a complaint. The connection between the bank and the OnPay system was easy on the OnPay side but the bank seemed a little on the wonky side. In the end, we got that settled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are quite a few products out there for payroll, but OnPay was fast for us to setup and having everything cloud based allows us to manage payroll just about anywhere.

We are a small startup that OnPay has allowed to setup a robust payroll system. The application works to scale. We hope to move into Benefits Administration in 2018. Our biggest challenge is that we are business guys working in craft beverages. We just don't know that much about HR and payroll but OnPay ensures we get our folks paid and our taxes filed on time.

OnPay review by Ebitari Isoun L.
Ebitari Isoun L.

"Extremely good application with exceptional customer support"

What do you like best?

I'm a small business and I've been with OnPay for 2 years now. I find the application to be very straight forward to use. But probably what is greatest about OnPay is their customer support. I have spoken to someone perhaps once but mostly, I can solve all my problems through an online chat experience. Highly recommend OnPay to any business.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I like everything about OnPay. The only thing was that I didn't use it much this year and still paid for it. It would be nice to be able to take a break and not lose all my data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Payroll for staff and contractors.

OnPay review by Heather C.
Heather C.

"Great Little Payroll Servicd"

What do you like best?

OnPay may be an inexpensive payroll option, but the quality is first rate. As a bookkeeper I have use the service for several clients for several years. I love the reporting options - very flexible and easy to follow. And the customer service -both via phone and chat - is excellent! I've also been impressed with how much flexibility there is in the system. I really don't feel like I'm sacrificing ability or service. And in many ways I find the experience better than with ADP or Paychex, especially when problems arise they are solved quickly and correctly.

What do you dislike?

I get frustrated sometimes finding information and using the website to do something new.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend small businesses to compare not only the oars it the functionality of OnPay to other services. I have found it as good or better than more expensive options.

OnPay is affordable for my clients and easy to run payroll with flexible reporting options.

OnPay review by Liz M.
Liz M.

"Great experience with OnPay for my business"

What do you like best?

Great customer service. Easy to use. Easy for my employees to enter in their information. Easy to understand website. Always someone available to speak with.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Everything has been great and all employees have been helpful.

OnPay provides me with an easy way to pay my employees. It takes just a few minutes to process payment. They also have been very responsive in answering my questions, walking me through their navigation system, and have given me direct access to real people who inform me of how to make disability payments and workers comp requirements for my employees.

OnPay review by AshleyMacKensi B.
AshleyMacKensi B.

"Life SAVER "

What do you like best?

OnPay has been an absolute life saver for my business! Everything is so easy and at your finger tips! My employees love the ability to access all of their info online and it makes for a lot less headaches! Thank you OnPay!!!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I do not like! Everything about this product is great

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the chance with this company. You will not be disappointed!

OnPay solves the problem of many hours being spent on payroll! It also eliminates the need for time spent filing taxes!

OnPay review by Lori T.
Lori T.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate, user friendly, easy on the eyes. Calculates taxes by state and allows me to see the days or hours they took off. I am going to implement the direct deposit feature soon. We don't have a need for paid time off as of yet.

What do you dislike?

Not really anything. It is a really good program. I like all the features it has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, almost 100% foolproof.Works well with small business. Great product!!!!

Easier to do payroll. Helps keep errors out of the system. Keeps track of hours worked and makes it easier than to rely on employees keeping their own time. Keeps honesty around. Once the direct deposit is implemented things will be even easier.

OnPay review by Joshua S.
Joshua S.

"Great for small company "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and always available to help with questions we have. I have a small company and it is so nice to have help with payroll. I love that I do t have to worry about taxes or anything they take care of it all. And if I have any problems they are always there to help.

What do you dislike?

I have been with Onpay over a year and haven’t found anything I don’t like yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it they are very easy to work with.

Payroll taxes

"Never fails!"

What do you like best?

I have been using OnPay for over 2 years now. The tool is simple and easy to understand. It's a great option for small businesses to get started with. The team is very responsive and never fails to help out

What do you dislike?

The tool feels somewhat manual at times. The need to change the check date manually when the pay date falls on a holiday can get tricky and lead to incorrect payroll timing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be careful with the check date and checking and unchecking the Active employee box. Use customer service (online chat) - they are a great group of people!

I love that the tool is so reasonably priced. It helps me apply the savings in other areas in my business.

OnPay review by Cristina R.
Cristina R.

"Outstanding Service, Outstanding Product, Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive software that is still visually appealing, and with such simplicity of use! Outstanding customer service. Growing with the needs / demands of consumer, so I feel we will grow with them and they will continue to meet our needs.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing to say in this regard at this time.

Everything to do with Payroll, payroll taxes, SEP / IRA accounting, end of year tax info. Easy to use, excellent customer service when needed. Can't say enough about my positive experience.

OnPay review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"I wish I'd found OnPay 5 years ago"

What do you like best?

The automatic payroll deposits and filing

What do you dislike?

Hmmm, I'd really have to dig, so nothing

Recommendations to others considering the product

It provides easy automated payroll processing

They automatically take care of our monthly payroll deposits and quarterly/annual filings as part of their fee. I've paid other payroll processing companies comparable fees and it did not include this service. For us as a small business, this help with cash flows because when I run a payroll, I know that we are paying the cost of payroll and our employer's share of the taxes right then and there in one draft, so we don't have the headache of having to come up with the taxes the following month or hassle with the filings.

OnPay review by Claudia E.
Claudia E.

"Easy, Awesome and Affordable Payroll System!"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the staff at OnPay! They are always prompt when asked for assistance or clarification.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints! OnPay has always met my expectations!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give OnPay a try! You'll love it!

I am not a payroll "specialist" and really appreciate the ease of the software and confidence in not having to worry about tax payments and reporting!

OnPay review by Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.

"Best Customer Service Always!"

What do you like best?

This is my first experience owning a business and paying employees. All of it was greek to me. OnPay was and still is always patient, respectful, and most of all helpful. They stuck with me, lol with my many questions, sometimes the same ones. The price is the obvious like as well.

What do you dislike?

I cant think of anything. Anything that was not going right, was due to my lack of knowledge

Setting up payroll for my small business and they take care of everything. Taxes, W2's 1099

The benefits are the amount of time I am saving each week.

OnPay review by Ashley G.
Ashley G.

"OnPay makes payroll simple"

What do you like best?

OnPay is an all-inclusive payroll system with great customer service. You can customize each employee's payroll and tax set up, process payroll, and employer taxes can be withdrawn and paid automatically through OnPay from bank account, with plenty of payroll tax reports available. The payroll and employer tax part of accounting is made much easier and simpler using OnPay.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I do not like about OnPay. It's well worth the monthly fee.

OnPay handles our payroll for all employees and files and pays our employer taxes for us - the OnPay program and employees save us hours of work.

OnPay review by JB G.
JB G.

"Easy to use website and tool"

What do you like best?

Onpay is so simple and easy to use. The support staff made set up so simple. Our officers rotate on an annual basis, and payroll is easy to transition from officer to officer.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing I dislike about the OnPay system.

Saving considerable time and resources from paying an outside accounting service to do payroll.

OnPay review by Sandra H.
Sandra H.

"On Pay Payroll Program"

What do you like best?

I like the monthly price and the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to input my actual check numbers on the manual checks.

On Pay has made the weekly payroll quick and easy. I like the fact that they are taking care of all the required payroll reporting also.

OnPay review by Steve C.
Steve C.

"OnPay Payroll System"

What do you like best?

Having been an OnPay customer for an extended period of time, I am pleased to say the software product is straightforward, easily, and simple. Even better is their telephone support which is personable, professional, and competent at all times. They all do a great job!

What do you dislike?

To date, I have not experienced any major problems. If and when I do, I will contact OnPay and I am certain they will address it correctly.

I am not having any business problems with OnPay at this time.

OnPay review by Joan B.
Joan B.

"Excellent payroll company"

What do you like best?

They are so personable and their customer service is the best! They do an excellent job and save my clients money at the same time. Every new bookkeeping client I work with - I recommend using On-Pay.

What do you dislike?

Can’t think of one thing! They are always so helpful with any question or issue that comes up

The y do my client’s payroll with no worries and it saves me time and no worries about the work being done by On-Pay

OnPay review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"As good as the major services"

What do you like best?

Customer support has in general been excellent. Phone support staff has been very knowledgeable. There is typically a minute or two wait on hold to talk to someone, which I think is perfectly acceptable.

What do you dislike?

On screen explanations are sometimes unclear and there is little to no contextual help. This has been a problem a few times for us with handling payroll deductions (e.g., pension and health) and PTO rules.

Lower cost and better data that ADP.

OnPay review by User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Excellent and easy"

What do you like best?

It takes about 5 minutes to do payroll and they take care of taxes and w-2's etc. Very reasonable cost.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. This site is so easy to use and the customer support is second to none.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely use it!

My payroll is taken care of completely. It is ease of mind for me.

OnPay review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Exactly what you’re looking for! "

What do you like best?

OnPay makes payroll incredibly easy! It’s exactly what I need. Quick, simple, and amazing customer support.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I can have problems understanding where things are, but the OnPay staff always helps me find what I need.

Paying our unemployment insurance is so easy when OnPay does it for us!

OnPay review by Doug O.
Doug O.

"Don't worry about Payroll with these Guys on board!"

What do you like best?

All I need to do is print out the checks and they even remind me to do that.

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike anything at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check them out and have a conversation before going to the next company

Not having to handle payroll taxes, forms etc.

OnPay review by Executive Sponsor in Renewables & Environment
Executive Sponsor in Renewables & Environment

"Easy payroll"

What do you like best?

This software makes it easy to get all the payroll filings done. I don't have to be an expert.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes hard to find how to set up deductions and things that are not plain vanilla.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their online chat feature. It's a great way to get quick answers.

Don't have to hire an expert to run payroll, since my bookkeeper consultant has used the system before and can answer my questions. Lower payroll processing costs than other providers.

OnPay review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Great price, Great Product, Great service!"

What do you like best?

Great support. On the fly changes. Easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Holiday payroll notifications could be a little better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great easy to use Payroll service allowing on the fly changes.

Easy to use Payroll service. Have saved real money

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to navigate to process payroll

What do you dislike?

The summary report could be easier to read

I do not have to file quarterly reports, calculate taxes or worry about forgetting something.

OnPay review by User

"Convenient and quick"

What do you like best?

I manage payments to 10-15 different vendors, and for most we use OnePay to manage our payment processing. This application makes it very easy to manage multiple payments.

What do you dislike?

I have tried to use the API integration once, but it was not very efficient and difficult to use

We have been able to use it primarily for payment management services, for all of our different vendors

OnPay review by Helen C.
Helen C.

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

Product is very easy to use. Customer service

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes for this product

Recommendations to others considering the product

I Would recommend

Quick and easy payroll service

OnPay review by Administrator

"Top notch customer service"

What do you like best?

Ease of navigation & excellent over & beyond customer service from Dave Strickland

What do you dislike?

Wish that some of the reports were more conducive to our particular needs but most are so it’s really that we have unique aspects to deal with so no big deal really!

Ease of payroll processing

Time saving

OnPay review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Excellent service!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that this service is reasonably priced, easy to use, and the customer service is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about OnPay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

It provides payroll services, making it easy for people without expertise in payroll to handle this aspect of business.

OnPay review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Excellent service"

What do you like best?

The program is easy to use and the customer service is excellent

What do you dislike?

I am very happy with this product. There is nothing I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and excellent customer service

We previously used a company for payroll. OnPay cuts the middle person and saves the company a lot of money.

OnPay review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Great Service & Painless"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and instant support if needed.

What do you dislike?

I was never dissatisfied. Everything was great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your business is small and you want to spend your time on business and not payroll and forms then OnPay is a great cost effective solution.

Payroll compliance and filings.

OnPay review by Administrator in Industrial Automation
Administrator in Industrial Automation

"Intuative website. Prompt response and resolution to tax notices."

What do you like best?

Peace of mind knowing that Onpay if filing all local, state and federal taxes properly.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about Onpay's payroll services.

Streamlined payroll. It only takes a couple of minutes to process a payroll.

Learn more about OnPay

OnPay Videos

Learning about OnPay?

* We monitor all OnPay reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.9