onQ

onQ On-Site maintains up-to-date ready-to-run virtual machine clones of your critical systems that can run right on the appliance, transparently taking over for failed servers within minutes.

Work for onQ?

Learning about onQ?

Categories

onQ Reviews

Showing 6 onQ reviews
onQ review by User

"Easy and Clean Software "

What do you like best?

I got this job out of nowhere and had no clue how to do it. Within a week of training exclusively on site, with no training at home, I was competent on the software. After three days of online training at home, I understood the software completely. It's not difficult, just requires some repetition and a lot of focus.

What do you dislike?

I do dislike the inability to customize your experience. There's only so many options and sometimes you have to click several buttons to get the software to do one thing. It could use some updating.

I never have an issue of whether a guest has overpaid or anything. The system is very clear and reversing or adding payments is very easy. Even after a guest has left the hotel.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about onQ
onQ review by Nathan B.
Nathan B.

"Hotel Software by Hilton"

What do you like best?

The ease of checking in guests. Also, a vast amount of information is available to the guest service agent in regards to the guest at check in (if they are signed up for the Hilton Honors program).

What do you dislike?

Transferring authorizations from one receipt to another. It can be extremely difficult for novices of the application.

With OnQ, it is an essential tool when registering guests, as well as the integrated housekeeping and lost and found applications that accompany it. When they are altogether, the system works seamlessly, making it easy for the desk agent to work efficiently.

What Backup solution do you use?

onQ review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"The best Backup and Recovery system I have every used"

What do you like best?

Most backup products excel at capturing your data and holding on to it for a set period of time. They might even be good at recovering flat files, emails or databases. But no other product I have found protects your entire environment as well as Quorum does. It was designed from the ground up to create a runnable VM of every machine it protects.

Other products claim this capability, but they simply were not designed to do this. If you compare the technical specs (CPU, RAM, Disk) of other products against Quorum you will clearly see that while they have the disk capacity to ingest your data, they don't have enough "horsepower" to spread around to run more than 2 or 3 systems. In fact, when shopping for those systems, they sell them by disk capacity. Quorum on the other hand, takes disk into account, but also sizes the appliance based on RAM and CPU needs as well.

The appliance is well designed, well supported and it works exactly as advertised

What do you dislike?

The UI is a little simplistic for me personally. I'm a data junkie so I like knowing as much as possible about whats going on. The data itself is there and accessible, but not as accessible as I'd like.

It was initially very hard to believe it performed as advertised. Overcoming this skepticism was a major challenge for us, but in the end their claims were validated

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might be hard to swallow the marketing, but I can assure you it's the real deal. Unitrends in particular claims to have "instant recovery", but that is a feature tacked on to their backup appliance, not it's core focus (as in Quorum).

As I said before, compare the tech specs of comparably priced Unitrends and OnQ appliances and you'll be able to see the focus of each product. Storage for Unitrends, Storage, CPU and RAM for Quorum.

Prior to Quorum, we would have struggled to recover one server. Now, after 4 full scale DR tests, we can recover our entire operation (30 servers) in 90 minutes (or less if we really had to). Our servers and data are fully protected, and we are confident we can run our network should our primary site go down.

onQ review by Christina J.
Christina J.

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

Very easy to learn. Super yse friendly. I learned system in about 1 week.

What do you dislike?

The system will occasionally crash and freeze.

Easy to find out and store guest info

onQ review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Good property management software. Relatively easy to use once you break it in. More intuitive than Opera.

What do you dislike?

The program likes to micromanage you. Not being able to check someone in because of an oddly formatted zipcode or lack of company name is frustrating.

Without it, running a hotel would be much more difficult. Performing nightly audit would be very time consuming.

onQ review by User

"Efficient yet difficult "

What do you like best?

I like the simplistic format & how everything is labeled.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how often the system goes down & the fact that the training didn’t match the system.

ONQ is currently the database that we use to check guests in. The benefits of it is the efficiency once you learn the system.

Learning about onQ?

* We monitor all onQ reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories