Onsen UI

Showing 12 Onsen UI reviews
Onsen UI review by <span>Mayand T.</span>
Mayand T.

Good and Easy to use IDE

What do you like best?

Hybrid app development is so much easier than native app development and with Onsen UI we can use our existing AngularJS, JQuery, Plain JS or ReactJS and HTML5 skills to create and publish an app in all the platforms (iOS, Android, Amazon Tablets(also Android) and Microsoft).

The apps have good performance in iOS and perform exactly like native iOS apps unless you have some map feature. The developers at OnsenUI do a good work in adding new elements, features like infinite scroll and UI frameworks like MaterialUI. They also have several sample apps for various needs so it is much easier and faster to use one of those apps and then start customizing them to fit your needs.

What do you dislike?

The price. They have increased the price in recent times. Although I find it much easier to use compared to ionic but smaller community base means that we have less public contribution and in some cases, some of the bugs take a long time to get fixed. Although the performance of the apps in iOS is much better but in Android, sometimes it is slower. Also, they should introduce native plugins for maps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in need of an IDE or a UI Framework for Hybrid Apps, then you should consider OnsenUI. Although the community is not as big as ionic but it is easier to get started with.

I build Hybrid apps with OnsenUI that can work well in all the platforms.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Onsen UI
Onsen UI review by <span>Laura C.</span>
Laura C.

Onsen UI has the component that our mobile app was missing

What do you like best?

Quickness with which integration can be made between missing UI components and our app. Also, the ease of use to deploy Onsen behind the scenes to make a user's experience on our app optimal.

What do you dislike?

The number of actual steps it takes to deploy or utilize the UI initially. We counted (6) steps from start to finish for what it takes to use a new UI, with a couple of the options seeming to be redundant/could have been consolidated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Product fills a void no one else seems to be offering in the app world.

Our company's mobile app was in need of some upgrades to increase the ultimate experience provided by our app. Before, steps were clunky/awkward and missing some key transitional steps to improve user impression and ease of use of the site. Wanted to increase both the number of people who came to out site and stayed there.

What Mobile Development Frameworks solution do you use?

Onsen UI review by <span>Glenn O.</span>
Glenn O.

Onsen UI review

What do you like best?

Development is easier than native app development and with Onsen UI we can use our existing AngularJS, JQuery, Plain JS or ReactJS and HTML5 skills to create and publish an app in all computing platforms

They perform well in iOS and function like native iOS apps unless you have some map feature. There are also several sample apps for various needs making it much easier and faster to use one of those apps while allowing customization

What do you dislike?

The price. Too many increases in recent times. Some bugs take a long time to get addressed. Performance in iOS is much better but in Android, it is often slower. What about native plugins for maps?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be discriminating.

Multi platform compatibility and use.

Onsen UI review by <span>Meshileya I.</span>
Meshileya I.

What Onsen is to me

What do you like best?

One thing i like about this Onsen UI is the way it makes work faster, neater and mind catching, when it comes to building an Hybrid Application. With the use of Cordova which helps to manage the hardware of the device which the application is to be implemented on, Onsen is what I will like to tell the world about.

What do you dislike?

Without a basic knowledge of scripting language, one wouldn't be able to carry out much on Onsen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want your job to be done faster and also, if you want to meet with a wide user, this is what you should simply focus more of your attention on.

Meeting with the deadlines of clients, even before the deadline date. Since i can actually write my Onsen Application once, then deploy on different OS, e.g Android, IOS, chrome, Windows, etc. It's fun doing this, because, I need not worry about the management of Hardware, since the hardware management (cordova) will actually help me meet every requirements been needed in actualizing the main purpose of the application itself.

Onsen UI review by <span>Masahiro K.</span>
Masahiro K.

CEO & Programmer

What do you like best?

Material Design comes to be easily usable and thinks that it is splendid that the complicated movement is easily usable.A place to be able to easily make a hot mock is high in a point. I in this way can easily make the thing which you should show a user.When more templates are abundant, I am glad. In addition, I think that it becomes easier when there is the thing which put one way of line of flow from login together.It is charm that a document is Japanese.

What do you dislike?

Angular Js is difficult and becomes hard to understand it because it is mixed with jQuery.When more templates are abundant, I am glad. In addition, I think that it becomes easier when there is the thing which put one way of line of flow from login together.But there is a problem because it is easy to be clogged up when I am going to do a complicated thing. In addition, I may not express it to think standard CSS not to overwrite, and this, cutting it into pieces is necessary when I said so.Because there is the place where a source code is not expressed in Directive of Onsenui, I want you to evade contradiction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Deep knowledge for Angular js is necessary.

Even if there is not an excellent designer in the development of the company service, I can easily make a thing such as the application that Google makes and am connected for reduction in cost.

Onsen UI review by <span>James P.</span>
James P.

Decent mobile framework

What do you like best?

Excellent framework integration. It supports Angular 1 and 2, Vue, React, jQuery, etc. The company behind it also has good tooling if you buy into it.

What do you dislike?

It has a somewhat limited component / feature set when compared to something like Ionic..

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for something that provides a lot of components or features out of the box, it may otherwise be what you are looking for.

It allows you to prototype app UI's really quick with Cordova without buying into the complexity or structure some of its competitors carry.

Learning about Onsen UI?

* We monitor all Onsen UI reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.