ONTRAPORT

ONTRAPORT is an all-in-one integrated platform that delivers essential business features, including a powerful CRM system, membership sites, one-click WordPress hosting, outstanding email delivery, payment processing, direct-mail printing, affiliate management, and our innovative business automation suite.

Work for ONTRAPORT?

Showing 80 ONTRAPORT reviews
ONTRAPORT review by <span>Brock R.</span>
Brock R.

Powerful, multifaceted, intuitive

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to create a sequence of events from start to finish--a page for customers to visit, a form to fill out, an email to send them upon form submission, a page to be routed to, a campaign of future emails to be added to... it's all so simple to set up with Ontraport's vastly powerful tools and visually intuitive interface.

What do you dislike?

Some quirks and bugs in the page editors can make building a page frustrating--for instance, in the sidebar where you upload a photo for a certain block of the page, your cursor naturally tracks over Ontraport's sample photos on the way to the Submit button--and hovering over one of those images causes it to be chosen, overwriting the image you just uploaded and inserted. I have to take a scenic route in a big C-shape with my cursor to avoid this happening. Little quirks like that stack up and become pretty frustrating.

It just simplifies so many processes. Being able to build a page, send emails, manage contacts, and set up campaigns all under one roof makes everything so straightforward. We're better able to roll out new ideas and events because multiple team members have learned the simple UI, and because we don't have to juggle amongst several different services for each step of the process.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ONTRAPORT
ONTRAPORT review by <span>Joe K.</span>
Joe K.

Amazing tool to create leverage in your life

What do you like best?

ONTRAport has been the epicenter of productivity for me for 2 years, and they just upped their game with the release of the Campaign Builder! Amazingly simple to build campaigns and chart metrics, in addition to already having been able to create landing pages and email sequences.

ONTRAport, put simply, allows me to build a 6-7 figure business on autopilot, so I can focus my time on the most important aspects of the business, or just NOT doing work because it's 100% automated. Wouldn't have a business without ONTRAport!

What do you dislike?

The landing page portion is built for true beginners, and their templates are sometimes limiting for people like myself with more advanced skills to be able to customize beyond the basic templates they provide. Even still, ive been able to work around it, and I know they built ONTRApages with the 95% of people in mind who aren't advanced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every single CRM/email/automation platform has its quirks...ONTRAport is the closest thing to an all-in-one solution out there, their support is absolutely the best, and they are on the cutting edge of innovation in the areas that they are a bit behind.

ONTRAport allows my business to run without me having to actually participate, unless I want to. It's bought back so much time in my life so I can enjoy my family whenever I want/need.

What CRM All-in-One solution do you use?

ONTRAPORT review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

Email templates are terrible, tons of bugs, do not recommend

What do you like best?

We were initially drawn in by the long list of features, including incredible customization and automation features. However, it hasn't really delivered any of the functionality we were hoping for.

What do you dislike?

Just about everything. Customer support was great up until we actually purchased the software; now they seem relatively unwilling or unavailable to answer questions or solve problems. It's very customizable, but setting up one campaign with sequences to do everything you want it to do could take you all day. You might need a dedicated person whose only job is to setup and manage this system. As an employee of a small business, I simply didn't have the time to sit and work with it all day. It has a very high learning curve; none of the features were intuitive, and it seemed like the support staff had limited knowledge of how it works. I watched all of the tutorial videos and came away feeling like there was still a lot of knowledge missing. The email templates are buggy, clunky, and much too rigid for our needs, and this is the case for all of their templates. OntraForms and OntraPages gave us similar experiences. Their API was terrible and did not play well with our website, and therefore most of the tracking and eCommerce features were unavailable to us. We had repeated issues with uploading contact lists. If you can't take advantage of all the options, it's very expensive in comparison to other, more user-friendly alternatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You only get two hours of dedicated support with their staff. Make sure you try out the software well in advance before you schedule this meeting, because you will likely have a lot of questions. The person we got matched with for our meeting did not have an answer to most of our questions, so I think it would be helpful to have prepared them in advance and submitted them prior to the meeting so that we could've been matched with a more knowledgeable support team member. I would also recommend watching any tutorial videos you can find to see if this is something you are prepared to learn how to use, because it will take time to learn about all of the features.

None. We switched back to using MailChimp and a free CRM and have been so much happier.

ONTRAPORT review by <span>Christopher C.</span>
Christopher C.

Becoming a World-Class Marketing Automation Platform

What do you like best?

Ontraport's new campaign builder is amazing. It's the most powerful, intuitive, and beautiful campaign builder I've ever used. It was a long time coming, but they got it right on day one. An an all-in-one platform, their marketing automation functionality works seamlessly with the CRM. Ontraport's marketing automation is best-in-class, which is a great accomplishment for a platform most have never heard of.

What do you dislike?

The CRM itself is weak and clunky out-of-the box. By default, contact records are flat, meaning there is no native functionality for one-to-many relationships such as accounts/companies hierarchy without custom configuration. While such configuration is possible, it isn't intuitive and natural to use this add-on functionality for entities. Similarly, there is no native functionality to track "Opportunities" without creating this yourself. As such the CRM functions more like a flat database of contact fields. We began using Ontraport before they added entity relationships, so perhaps if we had signed on with such abilities at first, this would have worked itself out.

Emails don't support dynamic, conditional content. Sure, you can merge field values in, but you can't show/hide content blocks based on field values. This limitation holds back email marketing effectiveness by forcing email campaign messaging to be hard-coded.

There are a lot of out-of-the-box reports, but it's not easy to deeply query the data to do business reporting natively. We end up exporting to Excel to put the data into Tableau, which is a very tedious reporting workflow -- which would be even more tedious if we *were* using their one-to-many relationships.

Ontraport is currently being used by our sales and marketing teams to track and communicate with our leads. Yet because of the difficulties described above, we are about to move to another vendor.

ONTRAPORT review by <span>Jeff M.</span>
Jeff M.

The definition of simplicity.

What do you like best?

With their most recent update, Ontraport has literally knocked it out of the park.

One of the biggest and most important improvements (in my opinion) is the simplicity of the tracking that is built in to the new visual campaign builder. I used to dread trying to interpret all the tracking information that is available to us... I actually don't think I ever had our tracking software fully set up because figuring out all the steps/goals/etc was clunky and confusing to me. With OP5, I don't think I will ever have a need for any other tracking software... it is all there in an easy to digest layout, and with all the different tracking reports, it has enabled us to see exactly where we were doing well and where we need some work. Having this all in one system and having it automatically track and intuitively report every step that is taken through our campaigns in real time without any additional setup has been a game changer for us.

Another thing I love is how engaged the upper level management is directly with their customer base and its wants/needs. I don't know how many CEO's get into the trenches with their customers, but Landon is frequently answering questions, offering tips and training, and even soliciting feedback within the Ontraport user community so they can continually improve Ontraport, in turn helping their customers improve their businesses.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Ontraport had the option to track inventory of a product.

I used to have a longer list, but with their most recent update, they solved them all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their most recent update (OP5) is mind blowing in my opinion. It solved some of the biggest problems I had with prior versions of Ontraport, specifically simplifying the setup of campaigns and having really easy to understand metrics on every single step that a customer takes through our campaigns. They are constantly listening to their users and looking for ways to improve the product.

Ontraport has given us the ability to have a top down view of our entire business, without the need for tons of add-ons or integrations. They have somehow struck the perfect balance between simplicity and flexibility, which are usually at odds with eachother. We can't even imagine doing business without Ontraport anymore.

We have been able to drastically simplify the back end processes of our business which has reduced our labor costs and freed up resources to be put toward new projects that would otherwise still be on the back burner.

ONTRAPORT review by <span>Diana K.</span>
Diana K.

Best reporting and campaign builder

What do you like best?

The newly launched reporting tool gives you a complete overlook on what is going on in your account and what are your results.

The power of ONTRAPORT is that it is highly customizable - it can do everything you want it to do, you just need to have the idea. You can achieve a lot of complicated setups with custom objects and all the tasks, lead routers, sales teams, etc.

To me, as I've worked with a lot of tools on the same or higher level, this is still the best tools for years to come.

Ontraport has very high email deliverability rates - which is one of the most important stats in email marketing nowadays.

One of my favorite things about ONTRAPORT is that they make sure you keep on cancelling all external services you may be paying for by implementing great features inside of the system - landing pages, optin forms, reporting softwares, payment gateway soon to come, etc.

What do you dislike?

What some people get confused with is that they need to have a vision on what to do with the software. The learning curve is not overwhelming but I guess the strategy is the issue most of the times when someone is not happy with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have an idea what you'd like to achieve. Chat to someone that has experience - or get on a free call with one of the certified consultants to see what could ONTRAPORT mean to your business.

Keeping track of a potential customer from the moment they first contact us, through the in-team tasks and sales process. Ontraport can do it all - it's highly customizable, has the best campaign builder and reporting tool out there.

Learning about ONTRAPORT?

* We monitor all ONTRAPORT reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.