Open Watcom

2.5

Open Watcom is an Open Source license from Sybase allows free commercial and non-commercial use of Open Watcom. More about Open Watcom's features. Details about Open Watcom's history. Work in progress includes numerous Unix ports (Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, OS X), support for new processors (AMD64, ARMv7), support for new language features and standards, a C++ STL implementation and more.

Work for Open Watcom?

Learning about Open Watcom?

Open Watcom Reviews

Showing 1 Open Watcom review
Open Watcom review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Is is still the best C compiler"

What do you like best?

I have been using the Watcom compiler for more than 20 years. It is ANSI compliant and a decent IDE. I would choose an alternative if I were starting fresh, but it still accomplishes what I need it to do.

What do you dislike?

I am afraid that it is falling off the curve. I would like an IDE as good as Eclipse and a realistic 64-bit solution. An alternative would be to make the compiler compatible with Eclipse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not a place to start if you have alternatives.

Big data analytics. It is an essential everyday tool for handling the gigantic databases I use. I frequently analyze datasets with 100 million or more records, and native code is the only real solution.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Open Watcom

What Other Development solution do you use?

There are not enough reviews of Open Watcom for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Learning about Open Watcom?

* We monitor all Open Watcom reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.