OpenAir PSA

OpenAir PSA

3.7

OpenAir PSA improves services organization profitability and performance.

Work for OpenAir PSA?

Learning about OpenAir PSA?

OpenAir PSA Reviews

Ask OpenAir PSA a Question
Showing 168 OpenAir PSA reviews
OpenAir PSA review by Erik V.
Erik V.

"Keeping Projects and Resourcing In-line with OpenAir"

What do you like best?

OpenAir is a pretty straight forward project and resource management platform. OpenAir makes it easy to quickly create and manage projects, associated tasks and the resources assigned to them. As a project manager for new business pursuits, I appreciate how easy it is to quickly pull up multiple resources and assign them projected task hours for multiple projects. One of my favorite things is being able to save my resource filter settings when booking resources to a project. It saves me a lot of time! Speaking of time, time sheets and time tracking is pretty straight forward any easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The interface seems to be little bit outdated which made me take a while to understand the layout and functionality of the platform. The platform itself could use some usability best practices. Buttons and Tabs aren't necessarily intuitive. It takes time to book a resource and confirm that it has saved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Relatively simple to use for time, project, resource and expense management.

As a professional services company, we rely on OpenAir for Time Tracking, Expense Tracking, Project and Resource Management. OpenAir is is our go-to platform for time tracking and seeing which resources are available to help with new business pitches or client work. Open Air allows our project managers to quickly and easily create new projects, related tasks and assign resources to those projects based on their capacity.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about OpenAir PSA
OpenAir PSA review by Nick S.
Nick S.

"Great time tracking!"

What do you like best?

Time tracking (however unloved by many) is an important aspect of billing clients correctly for services. This software is very intuitive when it comes to timesheets and details. Beyond that, tracking billed time and being able to run easy to make reports really makes it a worthwhile product.

What do you dislike?

As I work with dozens of clients throughout the week, tediously clicking into the boxes to log time and write a description gets a little difficult. The UI is relatively plain and doing the task of entering time requires a little more dexterity and accuracy in clicking than a nicer UI might have. It would be nice to have some sort of easily clickable projects with default project billing notes and times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Double check that your product can integrate with this. Exporting is great, but more functionality regarding import/export would be even more valuable without having to use their homegrown integration manager tool.

Business problem solved is that we can accurately and easily bill our clients. Due to the range of exports that can be had out of OpenAir, our Finance department runs their monthly reports through these exports.

What Professional Services Automation solution do you use?

OpenAir PSA review by Tim L.
Tim L.

"Excellent Package for Managing Resources from end to end"

What do you like best?

I have been using OpenAir for over 5 years as both a User and in a Help Desk role. As a User I was using OpenAir as a Project and Billing Administrator with the main purpose being billing clients. Once a billing rule has been created, all user time entries and expenses are captured to ensure that no billing is missed. I am currently providing support for an OpenAir client and found that most issues relate to the data entered rather than any issues with the system.

What do you dislike?

I have had a few issues using the Mobile version but don't really need to use it in that way often. I have found that it performs better with Chrome and Firefox over IE as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I worked as a billing officer for 10 years and found that to manager resources and bill clients, OpenAir is the easiest to use software package out of the several I have worked with over the years.

I am currently using OpenAir as a Help Desk support role so I am dealing with a wide range of different issues on a daily basis. I am usually able to handle it myself as it's a very intuitive system but if I have problems the OpenAir support team are quick to respond and can usually sort it out the problem. This is a huge benefit as a Help Desk user to have the backup support of a product expert.

OpenAir PSA review by Kathryn S.
Kathryn S.

"OpenAir has helped our company to Find the Money"

What do you like best?

We like that we can run a report like I just ran last week that enabled us to find $1300 in unbilled expenses that would have slipped through the cracks. We like that we can run full project lifecycle reporting that even includes future travel expenses in project budget projections. We like that our resource schedules are real-time and accessible to everyone. We also like that we have been able to develop an integration for our expense reporting with OpenAir that enabled complete transparency into reported and unreported corporate credit card expenses by cardholder which we are able to reconcile using a matching process at month-end. This has helped us to find all unreported transactions that would otherwise fall through the cracks and go unbilled to our clients. The match is now current with our month-end close and resulted in an 80% timesavings that we had been spending working on a 9-month backlog!

What do you dislike?

User community currently unable to vote on enhancement requests. The UI around resource planning and project budgeting is not very well designed - too many teeny little settings and filters that are cryptically named. Currently, there is no native notification for late expense reports in the system, although this can be done as a custom script.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest in Implementation services. When we implemented, we were given one product training session prior to go-live. You really need the orientation prior to go-live, but in-depth training should be timed for afterward.

We are able to look at budget projections for ongoing projects and get a heads-up on budget overages so that we can work with our clients more quickly to remediate. We have seen a significant reduction in our invoice-to-payment days: from an average of 30 to 10 for many customers! Expense reporting had been a duplicative process - now our consultants can use the mobile app to enter expenses and upload snapshots of receipts. We can login and compare the credit card transactions with their report during the approval process. OpenAir does enable an import of the credit card transactions, but currently this is not a true "bank feed," so we have not implemented this. Our general managers have improved visibility into resource utilization and employee performance on projects. We are at a 97% compliance rate for timely reporting of time and expenses.

OpenAir PSA review by Gos Y.
Gos Y.

"Great project management tool with flexible entries and projects assigned"

What do you like best?

Easy and flexible in time and project management. As the end user, it's very quick to look up the projects which I was assigned and put the hours on that. Everything can be done in a real quick way.

Easy management in off time too.

What do you dislike?

Not really much to mention but it would be even better if it can be linked to 3rd party API tools or anything like that to make the tool more flexible. And I hope the end user can look up all available projects by themselves - now everything has to go through admin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you ever think to have an integrated tool to track the project and resources, NetSuite OpenAir would be a great fit.

It's in particular for the time tracking and project management. It's a very great tool to make the above tasks much easier.

OpenAir PSA review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"OpenAir is a strong legacy PSA that deserves to be relevant again"

What do you like best?

Ease of implementation from build out to long-term maintenance and IS support that NetSuite/OpenAir provides is impressive. The platform is mature and does what it needs to from bookings to revenue reporting, but lacks in the UX.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is outsourced and IT support isn't always receptive to assisting during downtimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After the acquisition, it appears as though NetSuite has left their OpenAir to wither. While the platform integrates well with their flagship ERP, the support is not what it used to be.

My organization was able to automate bookings, revenue reporting, and had a much stronger handle on our professional services and consulting group after we went live.

OpenAir PSA review by Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.

"OpenAir is a solid tool for doing business"

What do you like best?

OpenAir is a valuable tool for time tracking, invoicing, and reporting. We rely heavily on OpenAir and find it to be a useful tool. One of the best things about working with NetSuite is that they do really seem to care about their customer's needs, and are always making improvements to the current product. Their support is excellent, which I find to be really unusual these days for online services. OpenAir is complex, which can mean that it's difficult to figure new things out on my own, but I'd rather have the flexibility of use and range of options available to me and need a little help sometimes. Overall, I like using OpenAir very much.

What do you dislike?

As a company, we've been pretty disappointed in the resource tracking tools. This is not my area of the business, but my colleague who concentrates on this area is frustrated by the limitations. She has reached out for help, but most of the things that she wants simply aren't available at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do strongly recommend OpenAir, it's been a really good tool for us.

We are tracking our employees time and expenses. We are sending invoices to our customers from OpenAir. We are able to run reports to gather data about our employees. It's nice to have these things in one place, convenient, and easy to use.

OpenAir PSA review by Karin M L.
Karin M L.

"Great software for Resource Management"

What do you like best?

I spend months evaluating PSA solutions, and no doubt OpenAir was the best solution for us. It is flexible and customizable, and very user friendly. We use it across five consulting practices that all work differently. OpenAir is simple to use, and the fact that it is so customizable makes it invaluable in all levels of the organization. I have received a lot of positive feedback from the consultants telling me that it is very easy to fill out and submit timesheets.

Another feature I really like is the reporting module. It can be a bit complex to begin with, but as soon as you learn the tool it is easy to set up all sorts of reports.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a little outdated; and I would like to be able to save different filter settings in the resource booking planner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can definitely recommend OpenAir as a strong Resource Management/PSA software solution. Over the years, I have worked with several solutions, and none have been as customizable and flexible as OpenAir. Before selecting a product take the time to define your organizations need; expectations and processes. A PSA solution can’t fix any processes that are not in place.

We mainly use OpenAir for Resource and Project Management. It allows us to know who is doing what; track project profitability and integrate with our CRM solution. It saves us a lot of hours on manual work!

OpenAir PSA review by Bill S.
Bill S.

"Wraps around our processes. Rich functionality balanced with great interface."

What do you like best?

The system really gets our business. We've been able to automate so many previously manual processes and get better control. Dashboard are not only pretty, but are the steering wheel to drive our business.

What: I which we had the bandwidth to keep up with all the new features they introduce every quarter. Some amazing new capabilities we want to take advantage of.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to understand that your business requirements and focus on solving those business challenges - not the platform it's on or the brand name. Also, OpenAir is a real cloud app - you get upgraded automatically and can take advantage of all the new features immediately. I've heard too many other systems require you to customize (like our old one) and you get cemented into an old version.

We had poor visibility in resource forecasting. We now have all resource skills in one place and the system can recommend the best person for the job. We've seen profitability go way up and utilization at the perfect level - just enough slack to meet those last minute emergencies.

Also, we now are able to run profitability reports for the first time and see where were are working well or under-performing. And can take action on troubled areas and fix them before we slip.

OpenAir PSA review by Bre S.
Bre S.

"User friendly and great support service"

What do you like best?

Very easy to get comfortable using the application. The layout structure is the same throughout the different areas which makes it so easy to feel like a master quickly. Whenever there is a question on how to use it or how to improve the way it works for you, the support staff is quick and great to work with. The longest I've ever had to wait for a resolution to my questions is 24 hour and usually get an answer before then.

What do you dislike?

The quick info pop ups that most often are not helpful for me and my team. There doesn't seem to be a way to make them go away. Would be nice if these could be disabled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time to set it up to fit your needs and spend the time to train the users. The time spent will be hugely helpful to ensure the data you get from the tool is useful.

Resource coordination has greatly been simplified with OpenAir PSA. Having one place to keep up to date on what resources are scheduled for and available has been incredibly helpful. All the team knows that what the resource planner says gets priority so it keeps everyone focused on updating it with schedule changes.

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Not made for professional business"

What do you like best?

Unfortunately, I couldn't really think of a good thing about OpenAir.

What do you dislike?

1.We're still in implementation phase with NetSutie and Openair. But there is so many workaround to make openair work for our business. And openair website is really hard to navigate and it takes multiple steps to get the right place.

2. The integration with NetSutie doesn't work properly either. If you update some headers in NetSuite side, make sure to check the mapping in Openair side. there is a change that the change made will break the mapping.

3. We decided to load our 2017 historical projects into system. After talking with Openair consultant, we were told that there is no way to bulk upload the historical data. You have to import project, tasks and phases to populate internal Id and map your data per IDs. So that's a lot of work and cumbersome to import projects.

Idealy, we will use it for profitability analysis and resource management. But haven't seen how it works yet.... Not feeling good about it

OpenAir PSA review by Savannah S.
Savannah S.

"OpenAir Product Review"

What do you like best?

NetSuite OpenAir is very easy to use and was quickly adopted in our organization. It allowed us to implement our planned best practices quickly. More importantly, it gave us insight into other industry best practices we hadn’t thought about and implement those as well. The biggest impact to our business has been having our time / expense entry, resource management, and project management all in one place.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if the mobile application had more of the full product functionality built in. We use it for time and expense entry. If we need more access a phone or tablet the mobile browser allows full access to all of OpenAir’s functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product

Build out use cases. We were able to eliminate several vendors by having them take us through specific scenarios. Don’t rely on just a “sales” demonstration. Put in real data and work it through the process and review the output. Ask for a trial account that is setup to reflect your requirements. Many vendors refused. It was a great way to differentiate from the vendors with real solutions and those that were mocked up for the demo. Don’t skimp on the implementation. OpenAir has a lot of deep functionality and it takes a dedicated project team, depending on size and complexity, to set it up properly and get maximum value.

We’ve been able to automate the scheduling and booking of our resources. This has led to an increase in utilization and a reduction in use of subcontractors. We have eliminated many of the manual processes associated with managing and reporting on projects, capturing and approving time/expense, and billing for our projects. All of these improvements have gone straight to our bottom line.

OpenAir PSA review by Jose R.
Jose R.

"Great tool for a professional services firm"

What do you like best?

OpenAir is flexible enough to handle a variety of client billing requirements, without being overly complicated. Our system administrator is a competent accountant (but not a programmer), and the system enables her to fulfill our time & expense entry very easily.

What do you dislike?

Building your own reports is more click-heavy than it needs to be. The reporting needs to be more drag-and-drop.

Our firm has a lot of billing arrangements with our customers: retainer, Time & Materials with and without a cap, etc. We needed a system that could handle all of that flexibility without hiring an army of accountants. NetSuite OpenAir solves that problem for us every week.

OpenAir PSA review by Katherine K.
Katherine K.

"A good starting point for organizations to streamline their operations"

What do you like best?

OpenAir is a tool that allows for a lot of financial projection and forecasting data. My company uses it to track multiple team members working on multiple projects, as well as invoice for that time spent against projects. When used correctly, you can forecast how many hours a person will spend on a project and OpenAir calculates how much revenue that will bring our company.

What do you dislike?

OpenAir's user interface is outdated. Like all software, there is always room to improve. For the functions that my company uses OpenAir for, there are few that are difficult to work with. Let's say you have Employee A assigned to a project and you project she'll work 15 hours per week on the project. She submits her timesheet via OpenAir and actually works 0 hours for the week. OpenAir assumes that she still worked 15 hours, but just forgot to submit her timesheet. That means that your financial forecast will be impacted, since OpenAir still counts that revenue towards the project. Some manual clean up or a specific, custom script is needed to help you manage this issue. The mobile experience of OpenAir is also very cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, it is a solid option. It has its flaws, but it is always working on new features that improve the user experience. It is a great tool to provide data to your executives, report on your metrics and streamline project management, resource management, invoicing, expenses and forecasting.

- forecasting financial data

- assigning team members to projects; booking team members by hours which allows for more efficient utilization

- generating invoices

- submitting timesheets

- logging and invoicing clients for expenses

- reporting organization-wide

OpenAir PSA review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Solid Resource Management and Project Management Tool with some UI enhancements needed"

What do you like best?

Very solid resource planning tool that can be used to manage technical resources.

Integrates project, client and resource management along with time tracking and reduces the number of independent systems.

Provides solid reporting and dashboards that can be managed depending on user roles and permissions.

What do you dislike?

UI needs to be modernized. Some areas of the site need better visuals for reporting and communication.

Workflow UI can also be improved - workflow is often not completed since users are unclear that the workflow is still not complete. It also often takes several steps to perform some simple operations.

The tools is very customizable and therefore a lot of training is needed to ensure that reports and the workflows yield the correct result.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan your implementation and ensure that you understand the features and capabilities before finalizing the requirements.

Implementing OA resulted in significant time savings and ability to make resource decisions faster.

It has also integrated our resource management with time recording and billing very effectively.

Realized faster invoice preparation turnaround and better communication across the board regarding resource usage and planning.

We needed custom calculations for resource and revenue forecasting and due to the fact that OA supported various means of calculating this - we were able to get most of the results we needed.

OpenAir PSA review by Shawn L.
Shawn L.

"NetSuite has its limitation but overall experience is good. There is too little people knows OpenAir"

What do you like best?

1. Cloud based ERP system allowing users to keep track time and expenses anytime and anywhere.

2. OpenAir is built based on a simple logic, so it is easy for beginners (a person has IT back ground knowledge) to understand.

3. It is flexible to modify OpenAir to the way you wanted.

What do you dislike?

Integration between NetSuite and OpenAir

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you only have one subsidiary and using OpenAir alone (not integrating with others), recommended. Otherwise, please consider other software, or using NetSuite instead.

Work In Progress management is handled by OpenAir with reasonable annual cost.

The wide team can book their time and expenses anytime anywhere.

OpenAir PSA review by Leslie D.
Leslie D.

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

OpenAir integrates with our instance of salesforce.com, so we are able to share information across platforms, which is beneficial. That being said, I primarily am a user of OpenAir from a time and expense reporting perspective and I don't have much good to share.

What do you dislike?

I use OpenAir to complete timesheets, submit PTO, and submit expenses. Timesheets are painful when the week is across 2 months ... not a user friendly set up (although OpenAir has improved this). Why there has to be an issue because of the days across months, I don't know ... but there certainly is! Expense creation is fairly simple and along the lines of other expense tools I have used; I think our challenge is in the way we have set it up for use. We also used OpenAir in the past for tracking PTO accrual and it was extremely confusing; you never really new how much PTO you had accrued and always had to go to HR for clarification/confirmation. So overall, I guess you can tell I'm not terribly impressed with OpenAir.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While I was not an evaluator at point of purchase, I would recommend you consider other solutions for timesheet, expense and PTO accrual. Since I don't have access to the project management aspect of the tool, I can't speak to that portion at all.

OpenAir serves several purposes for us: It is our project management tool, but most users are completing timesheets and expense reports. I guess the benefits are that we are all using the same system ... it's just that most people are not happy with it.

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Good tool for basic project management"

What do you like best?

I have been using Open Air for 5 years, I like the ease of creating new projects and navigating the site. I like that my account number shows up for me in the site when I go to Support to contact NetSuite with an issue.

What do you dislike?

It is so very difficult to pull all the useful information from a project into a report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn the site, use the sandbox to try things before you implement them in the live environment. Get NetSuite to walk you through creating reports so it is not so much of a hassle when you learn you need certain info in reports. This system integrates fairly well with other systems as well.

We are generating invoices, tracking project completion, revenue recognition, tracking expenses incurred on a project level. It has been nice to have a system that can track so much info.

OpenAir PSA review by Amy N.
Amy N.

"Solid billing engine in the cloud"

What do you like best?

OpenAir has a rock-solid billing engine that easily accommodates new product lines and pricing models.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app doesn't allow the same configurability as the online user interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OpenAir can fit into any enterprise applications landscape because of the integration and scripting options. The billing engine is flexible enough to handle our pricing models.

With OpenAir PSA, we can rapidly introduce new product lines and special negotiated contract terms with confidence that the invoices will be correct and that the invoices will be formatted according to client specifications.

OpenAir PSA review by Bryan P.
Bryan P.

"Does some things well but very weak on Reporting design and usability"

What do you like best?

OpenAir works well for tracking time and managing projects at a basic level. It integrates very well with NetSuite, which is one of its best selling points. I also believe that the resource management capabilities are there, but we are not fully utilizing them yet. The bookings is also a feature that is very useful however I think could be much more user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I personally am in charge of reporting and I strongly dislike the inflexibility in this area. There are a number of things that OA cannot do which boggles the mind (ex: doing simple calculations off of dates). Also, their dashboards are incredibly inflexible and make it nearly impossible to centrally manage them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for companies not yet at a place where they want to do a lot with their time tracking data

Time tracking, billing integration, resource management

OpenAir PSA review by Mel S.
Mel S.

"BI Boost Increases Success"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage projects and resources. I like being able to easily customize OpenAir to tailor information pertinent to my business.

What do you dislike?

The information gap between the resource module and the project module. Seems like there should be a way to integrate these seamlessly.

We are solving several problems with OpenAir: utilization issues, forecasting issues, contract compliance issues, earned revenue and profitability issues.

With OpenAir we are able to see a more complete picture of a project. Not just the financials, but the structure, timeliness and technical/customer issues as well.

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great Resource Management Tool"

What do you like best?

I like how I can schedule Resources through Bookings and that I can see how Resources are utilized. I also like how we can get detailed with Projects or keep high level depending on our project scenario. The Timesheet module is nice too as it can remind people to enter timesheets via email as many times as you want to set the reminders. The Reports also give us better to our timesheet status and what exact stage it's in.

What do you dislike?

There are some disconnections between modules like Bookings and Project Tasks and it's sometimes frustrating to have to create a booking and task separately that may be exactly the same. I also wish we could zoom in on the Resource Planner view so the information was easier to read.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's hard to know exactly the full potential of the system until you are 6+ months in. You may uncover things that were never discussed in configuration phase and may conflict with your business requirements. But overall, this tool gave us what we need in regards to Resource Management through Schedules, Timesheets, PTO & Skills Management.

The areas that OpenAir have helped us is definitely giving us a platform to manage our Resources' time through bookings and timesheets. We are able to see in detail where they are booked, whether it's billable or non billable and we can even manage their PTO from the system. We can now forecast Bench and utilization which has helped us tremendously in making business investments.

OpenAir PSA review by Paul B.
Paul B.

"Implementation for project engineering"

What do you like best?

Flexibility. You can create a workflows that work with current processes.

What do you dislike?

Cost accounting side is somewhat rigid, and you have to rethink how you manage results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OpenAir is a distinct piece of software that must be integrated to communicate with traditional accounting software NetSuite. It’s not easy nor as seemless as one might think. Prepare to have adjust processes to accommodate what the system can and cannot do.

Consistency in project management process. Centralization of information.

OpenAir PSA review by Jodi C.
Jodi C.

"Flexible, feature rich, and mature"

What do you like best?

The Netsuite OpenAir product has a robust feature set, having evolved over the past 15 years addressing customer needs, industry trends, and technology changes. Best used for project management and strong resource management capabilities. The product supports invoicing and revenue recognition, handles almost all revenue policies tracked within services organizations. Because of the emphasis for both project management and financial management, quite complicated financial / project status reports can be defined. The product is a standalone product which can be, and is often, integrated with other vendor solutions including NetSuite's ERP/CRM product and other CRM and ERP solutions.

What do you dislike?

Mobile capabilities are limited to Time and Expense submission and approval currently. Navigation does not currently support 'click-through' navigation where a client name, project name, user name, etc. is not always a hyperlink to drill down into those objects in general - this is being address with some QuickViews type of navigation/UI support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider task management needs and collaboration within the organization. Review how project management and financial management is tracked in your organization and review spreadsheets used for tracking resource availability as these may all be able to be tracked direct in the tool. Define a full set of requirements for your organization and use this as an objective measure of this and other PSA tools for achievement of organizational goals.

Operational management and compliance by team members on time and expense. Full forecasting of backlog and pipeline along with forecast staffing and resource needs are achieved. Actuals and margin reports down to the project level including remaining budget and ETC reporting in place. Tracking all client invoicing activities including payments for AR aging reports and clear communication to customers.

OpenAir PSA review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"OpenAir drives our entire Services Operation"

What do you like best?

We manage the entire project lifecycle using OpenAir from planning to execution. Our project plans are detailed including budgets with all billing rules created to perform the job successfully and automate the quote to cash process. We capture all actuals for both time and expense within the services organization as well as across the entire company. Visibility into all resources from both a utilization and availability perspective are critical to our overall success. A set of key metrics and reports are used to manage the business and ensure targets are achieved. OpenAir is very easy to use. We are very happy with the overall product performance and functionality to help us manage our business.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about OpenAir if you run a services organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you run a services organization, I would highly recommend OpenAir. I would initially focus on automating the quote to cash process to gain early wins with the end user base and maximize ROI. The solution is very deep and will easily grow with you as the organization grows. The flexibility that the Resource Management module provides along with the Billing and Revenue Recognition engines are unmatched in the industry.

Services Automation

Utilization - Forecasted and Billing

Billing Management

Revenue Recognition

Actuals vs Budgets

OpenAir PSA review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great & Outstanding product"

What do you dislike?

Open Air gives us greater insight into our spend patterns and is very helpful in identifying opportunities for savings across the enterprise.

OpenAir PSA review by Krystina P.
Krystina P.

"Very good integration into NetSuite"

What do you like best?

I love the integration into the NetSuite software. It allows for more automation freeing up more time for other tasks.

What do you dislike?

Sometime getting the integration to work seamlessly with NetSuite is challenging due to the rigidity of the NS system. But it is good in a sense that it forces us to have best practices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very good for professional services

We have fully automated professional services integration. Allows for better reporting and faster processing of charges.

OpenAir PSA review by Jennifer V.
Jennifer V.

"OpenAir is a great tool for project and resource management"

What do you like best?

Open Air is flexible and customizable. We have been using it for about 13 years, and I have yet to truly stump it.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more enhanced audit reporting capabilities out of the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is very easy to use and understand. It is highly customizable and can be integrated with other applications.

Project and resource management is our main use for the system. It allows us to know who is doing what and track project profitability.

OpenAir PSA review by Alvaro I.
Alvaro I.

"OpenAir meets the requirements but need a better interface"

What do you like best?

- The ability to use it via mobile app

- In Netsuite OpenAir PSA you can configure almost everything.

- Ability to manage, vacations, sick leaves, personal time, etc

- easy to track people and projects

What do you dislike?

- The UI feels old and need a review.

- Can be too overwhelming for a "small" company like ours

Recommendations to others considering the product

For us were too overwhelming and go with another solution at the time.

it will help you with all that is related to project management, tracking time, expenses and even invoicing your projects.

OpenAir PSA review by Consultant in Professional Training & Coaching
Consultant in Professional Training & Coaching

"EASY TO USE"

What do you like best?

We use both NetSuite and Open Air and I like that you can just log into one place to get both items. The program was flexible with our environment and is very easy to use. I train CR reps on the system and its pretty straight forward. Thank you

What do you dislike?

I wish our company would have hired someone to make it work more effectively with our company. Discounts don't flow over to Open Air from NetSuite. That is my biggest issue.

NetSuite Placing orders and Open Air is project related. Benefits that we don't have to enter data in two places.

OpenAir PSA review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Best ready-for market PSA solution?"

What do you like best?

Breadth of functionality for PSA, almost ready to go out-of-the-box with base functionality for a lot of organizations. API access provides further custom configuration and process capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Mobile needs work. BI is limited when compared to special BI tools but they may be fixing this by providing data access for other tools. Certain features need refinement for more complex scenarios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the solution live with basic functionality quickly. If you are expecting to have more specific requirements, expect development effort to refine existing base functionality.

Resource Management, Financial Forecasting and Revenue Management of Professional Services engagements. Tracking of all time and expense for employees.

OpenAir PSA review by Steven L.
Steven L.

"All the data needed to run a services shop in one place"

What do you like best?

As a consulting firm, OpenAir enabled us to easily schedule and track resources who were assigned to multiple projects with speed and ease.

What do you dislike?

Not so much of a dislike but at the time, while we were integrated with SalesForce for our BD team, the applicant tracking system we used did not interface with OpenAir. To be fair, we were not running one of the more popular ATSs so the lack of integration was not surprising.

For my piece of the puzzle in resourcing, OpenAir allowed me to see with exact detail utilization so that we could assign tasks more effectively and reduce the need to add to headcount, thereby increasing profitability.

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching
Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching

"Openair is a good Project Management tool with some quirks and a high price tag"

What do you like best?

Task and template management works well for repetitive projects once you are fully set up. Automated integration with Netsuite keeps things consistent between two separate systems. The Bookings planner is a great step forward for getting an overview of your resource allocations.

What do you dislike?

Expensive. The cost goes up every year we renew. Integration with Netsuite is not real-time and can cause headaches when backing out mistakes. Making multiple changes to a project's task list could be a lot more user-friendly. They are very selective with what properties you can mass-change for projects/users/etc, so some things will require you to still change line-by-line. We are still relying on external reports for a lot of things despite having the built-in reports module.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you really like Netsuite, I would recommend trying to make it work in Netsuite only. The integration between Netsuite and Openair is not perfect and not being improved.

Resource management was our priority when signing up. We've used their bookings module to accomplish this but have also signed up with Netsuite integration to streamline our project and accounting processes almost completely into Netsuite/Openair.

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"I've been the Admin for an OpenAir deployment at Novitex Enterprise Solutions since May 2012."

What do you like best?

OpenAir provides the functionality my company needs, with no compromises. We use the Professional Services Automation and Project Time Tracking functionality. We are very satisfied with the application. I have ADMINed SAP CATS previously. Compared to SAP CATS, OpenAir is far easier for users, and provides the flexibility I need to enhance it's base functionality to meet my companies needs.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, the OpenAir Reporting Engine is outdated. Dashboards have limited capability, and need to be updated to provide "Excel-like" dashboard functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at functionality, ease of use from a users perspective, and an administrators perspective. OpenAir provides our users with a very simple interface which can be customized to meet their needs.

OpenAir costs are very reasonably priced for the functionality it provides.

OpenAir integrates with Salesforce.com very well.

Financial benefits:

Integration with Salesforce.com to provide cost of sales.

Project task level capitalization to allow for depreciation related to s/w assets.

Corporate start-up cost capture based on labor (time) against specific projects.

OpenAir PSA review by User in Computer Software

"End user of the system"

What do you like best?

Depth of functionality allows me to easily manage my team's utilization and increase productivity of my team. Using OpenAir has increased my teams' utilization by 2% within a quarter of using the software.

What do you dislike?

There are some list views that could have more advanced functionality. I would also love to see more KPIs available on the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look no further! NetSuite OpenAir has the depth of functionality any services organization needs to run its business. Using OpenAir, your organization will benefit from its efficiency and ease of use.

Understanding my team's forecasted hours vs. actual hours. I've been able to increase utilization by identifying individuals who need more work.

OpenAir PSA review by Jason W.
Jason W.

"Ok cloud PSA software for simple project controls"

What do you like best?

Clean interface, easy to understand. can manage projects with complexity or simple, the setup is the same

What do you dislike?

inflexible without expensive custom development. Price increases we have had to repeatedly fight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not kept very current, I assume because they were bought by Netsuite, which was bought by Oracle, and each of those companies has a product to upsell.

project tracking, time and expense. Fairly easy to administer.

OpenAir PSA review by Rajeshwari S.
Rajeshwari S.

"Great Product and excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

NetSuite or OpenAir support is very responsive to resolve all our issues on-time.

What do you dislike?

Unable to reach directly to OpenAir Technical team when we have issues related to Production support, but they are very responsive for all the cases created online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Product, easy to use and maintain.

Customer service always responded to us on our how to question and issues related to SOAP APIs ?

OpenAir PSA review by Lloyd K.
Lloyd K.

"4 Months of using OpenAir + Netsuite"

What do you like best?

I have experience with other Oracle based software, but Open Air is much more user friendly. Easy to access and easy to follow the procedures. I like the flexibility and being able to modify filters and menus. I like the integration between Net Suite and the Open Air. Much more user friendly compare to other Oracle based software

What do you dislike?

I've been using it for 4 months right now, so still in a learning stage, however, sometimes I find hard when I need to find certain JRN in a certain period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Project management information and financial information are easily managed

OpenAir PSA review by Susan S.
Susan S.

"NetSuite OpenAir"

What do you like best?

NetSuite OpenAir is an excellent tool and easy to use. Having expense entries, resource management and time, project management, etc., all in one place saves so much time.

What do you dislike?

Do not have any dislikes about the product

Recommendations to others considering the product

OpenAir is an excellent tool and should definitely be considered. It also integrates with your iPhone and iPad. You can take a snapshot of receipts or other documents and upload them directly into the system. Makes it so much faster and if you lose a receipt you don't have to worry because you already have a snapshot of it and it's in the system.

Generates invoices for client billing and makes the billing process much more efficient.

Time and expense tracking is a huge plus.

OpenAir PSA review by Darrell D. D.
Darrell D. D.

"Lifelong Fan!"

What do you like best?

I have been using NetSuite since about 2000 after evaluating alternative packages. NetSuite invariably ranked above all so-called competitors. Its breadth, depth, array of features, and ESPECIALLY the SUPERB technical and user support are unmatched in the industry. I have referred many people to NetSuite over the years and have never received a complaint regarding dissatisfaction. My only regret is that I wish I could invest in NetSuite since they are obviously a long-term resource essential to my business.

What do you dislike?

Screen layouts could be a bit more intuitive and user-friendly

Billing, of course but also project management, staff productivity, deadline management and opportunity management.

OpenAir PSA review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for time tracking, but not the most user-friendly"

What do you like best?

Easy to open new projects and record time/track time as you see fit. Easy management system for employee PTO and expense reports.

What do you dislike?

The system is especially finicky when it comes to parameters. For example, if I am searching an already submitted time sheet, it is not easily accessible. I have to click "Submitted"--but even then it won't show up. Because it's not right at your fingertips, I end up spending more time messing with the parameters/options to find that one timesheet than other time tracking softwares I've used before.

Time tracking, expense reports, PTO accrual and monitoring. Overall, OpenAir keeps all these things tracked in one place rather than the need for multiple software vendors.

OpenAir PSA review by Adam G. Chaikin C.
Adam G. Chaikin C.

"The benefits of NetSuite integration speak for themselves"

What do you like best?

I like the ease that we were able to connect between NetSuite and OpenAir. It is what my client's PSG was really looking for. It is a well organized tool for the job and one that my client has used for years.

What do you dislike?

We accidentally loaded our employee history instead of just active employees. Other than that, we were happy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to use NetSuite with a professional services team, this is a wise choice. There are other options but the connector makes this choice worthwhile.

It manages the PSG at the client seamlessly

OpenAir PSA review by Steve V.
Steve V.

"Outstanding Bookings and Forecasting Tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and powerful team forecasting tool to see what resources are booked for any given date and or time.

What do you dislike?

The expense reporting included is a nice feature, but it seems cluncky when submitting through the mobile app interface. Saving and uploading receipts seems to not always save.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for all users to submit time, expenses, and book/forecast users from a utilization perspective.

Forecasting which resources are utilized or will be utilized on projects/engagements.

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Robust Software with Lots of Options"

What do you like best?

I like that OpenAir has a lot of functionality and reporting options. I also like that it continually updates and improves. We have been able to integrate the software with our other sales and accounting software.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of settings and options so it is kind of overwhelming to a new user. It takes a lot of time to learn to use the software as an administrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seek support when implementing. Make sure several people are trained as an admin, and learn to use the reporting features early on.

We use the software for time tracking, client billing, and reporting. We have been able to customize the software to fit our business needs, and it's very helpful that all of this information is online and readily accessible.

OpenAir PSA review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Open Air is an invaluable tool for us"

What do you like best?

UI, ease of use , integrations out of the box to our financial system of record. The reporting is a critical component to our business. Overall, OpenAir was the far superior product during out testing phase. Another really strong influencer for out decision was the sales team. They had superior product and market knowledge and they were always easily accessible anytime we have questions throughout the eval process.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. The product is great and critical to our business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the market looking for a new solution OpenAir should be at the top of the list. Other vendors will claim they can compete with OpenAir but in my evaluation OpenAir was the clearly superior offering. Hands down, the best product on the market in this space.

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Accessible, Real-time PSA Management"

What do you like best?

Real-time Project management and Utilization

Ability to configure system to business needs.

Proxy feature and sharing of reports makes the system easy to support.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app needs updating, would prefer a BI tool for reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy workflow / approvals and configurable notifications. Downloadable view screens allow insightful and robust ad-hoc reporting.

Project Revenue and cost are immediately visible.

Using a continuously improved cloud solution accessible from everywhere is an efficient way to provide a services organization with the tools needed for the business

OpenAir PSA review by Nick S.
Nick S.

"Relatively user friendly and forces standardization"

What do you like best?

Standardization forces all users to enter and consumer data in a similar manner. This enables consistent reporting and has simplified tasks such as responding to audit requests and allocating expenses to the products that were worked on.

What do you dislike?

Not everything is fully intuitive and the help section doesn't always help. However, the answer usually lies somewhere in the system.

We are able to allocate hours to the product that was actually worked on rather than the default assumption for each employee. Likewise, we are able to track hours submitted by contractors to both allocate expenses and validate invoices.

OpenAir PSA review by User

"Great product, would definitely recommend to others."

What do you like best?

I liked how easy this product was to use. It is a very simple yet effective product. Prior to using this product, it was very hard for me to manage my expenses and spending of my company, but now it is very easy to do, all due to OpenAir PSA.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how I knew that there was much more that this tool could do, and that this tool is capable of doing more. I wish that I could have used more features on this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this product to others, especially ones who are having trouble managing expenses for their business.

General expenses and spending management. This tool, and especially the simplicity of it, really helped me manage my expenses and spending.

OpenAir PSA review by Andrew T.
Andrew T.

"OpenAir Review"

What do you like best?

One of the best features of OpenAir is its ease of setting up timesheets and expense reports. Everything is fairly straight forward and doesn't require any training to use as basic users.

It does get more complicated with reporting, but from what I've seen the reporting is handled well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of filters for one's own timesheets/expense reports. It would be nice to be able to filter out time allocated to certain tasks for certain sheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow filtering through one own's timesheet's projects. There are times where I would like to calculate my bill-able time vs non-bill-able time.

Also, rejected expense reports are not easy to navigate for users to update. Often times it is easy to just ignore the rejected expense report and just start a new one that is a clone.

The business problems that we were solving was using a system to monitor and report all the time from a company. The benefits we realized was that everything was centralized and could be integrated with our other systems.

OpenAir PSA review by Brenda C.
Brenda C.

"NetSuite OpenAir"

What do you like best?

I like that you can filter and find projects super easy.

What do you dislike?

The system is slow and sometimes bogs down and it's hard to keep a rhythm. The integration does not work sometimes. The invoicing integration into NetSuite doesn't work sometimes as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great way for Project Management and can be set up for each company's needs.

Project accounting. The projects used to all be in QuickBooks and now there is visibility to the financial health of a project.

Learn more about OpenAir PSA

OpenAir PSA Videos

Learning about OpenAir PSA?

* We monitor all OpenAir PSA reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.