OpenAir PSA

OpenAir PSA

OpenAir PSA improves services organization profitability and performance.

Work for OpenAir PSA?

Learning about OpenAir PSA?

OpenAir PSA Reviews

Ask OpenAir PSA a Question
Showing 161 OpenAir PSA reviews
OpenAir PSA review by <span>Erik V.</span>
Erik V.

Keeping Projects Inline with OpenAir

What do you like best?

OpenAir is a pretty straight forward project and resource management platform. OpenAir makes it easy to quickly create and manage projects, associated tasks and the resources assigned to them. As a project manager for new business pursuits, I appreciate how easy it is to quickly pull up multiple resources and assign them projected task hours for multiple projects. One of my favorite things is being able to save my resource filter settings when booking resources to a project. It saves me a lot of time! Speaking of time, time sheets and time tracking is pretty straight forward any easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The interface seems to be little bit outdated which made me take a while to understand the layout and functionality of the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Relatively simple to use for time, project, resource and expense management.

As a professional services company, we rely on OpenAir for Time Tracking, Expense Tracking, Project and Resource Management.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about OpenAir PSA
OpenAir PSA review by <span>Tim L.</span>
Tim L.
G2 Gives Campaign

Excellent Package for Managing Resources from end to end

What do you like best?

I have been using OpenAir for over 5 years as both a User and in a Help Desk role. As a User I was using OpenAir as a Project and Billing Administrator with the main purpose being billing clients. Once a billing rule has been created, all user time entries and expenses are captured to ensure that no billing is missed. I am currently providing support for an OpenAir client and found that most issues relate to the data entered rather than any issues with the system.

What do you dislike?

I have had a few issues using the Mobile version but don't really need to use it in that way often. I have found that it performs better with Chrome and Firefox over IE as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I worked as a billing officer for 10 years and found that to manager resources and bill clients, OpenAir is the easiest to use software package out of the several I have worked with over the years.

I am currently using OpenAir as a Help Desk support role so I am dealing with a wide range of different issues on a daily basis. I am usually able to handle it myself as it's a very intuitive system but if I have problems the OpenAir support team are quick to respond and can usually sort it out the problem. This is a huge benefit as a Help Desk user to have the backup support of a product expert.

What Professional Services Automation solution do you use?

OpenAir PSA review by <span>Kathryn S.</span>
Kathryn S.
Invitation from the software vendor

OpenAir has helped our company to Find the Money

What do you like best?

We like that we can run a report like I just ran last week that enabled us to find $1300 in unbilled expenses that would have slipped through the cracks. We like that we can run full project lifecycle reporting that even includes future travel expenses in project budget projections. We like that our resource schedules are real-time and accessible to everyone. We also like that we have been able to develop an integration for our expense reporting with OpenAir that enabled complete transparency into reported and unreported corporate credit card expenses by cardholder which we are able to reconcile using a matching process at month-end. This has helped us to find all unreported transactions that would otherwise fall through the cracks and go unbilled to our clients. The match is now current with our month-end close and resulted in an 80% timesavings that we had been spending working on a 9-month backlog!

What do you dislike?

User community currently unable to vote on enhancement requests. The UI around resource planning and project budgeting is not very well designed - too many teeny little settings and filters that are cryptically named. Currently, there is no native notification for late expense reports in the system, although this can be done as a custom script.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest in Implementation services. When we implemented, we were given one product training session prior to go-live. You really need the orientation prior to go-live, but in-depth training should be timed for afterward.

We are able to look at budget projections for ongoing projects and get a heads-up on budget overages so that we can work with our clients more quickly to remediate. We have seen a significant reduction in our invoice-to-payment days: from an average of 30 to 10 for many customers! Expense reporting had been a duplicative process - now our consultants can use the mobile app to enter expenses and upload snapshots of receipts. We can login and compare the credit card transactions with their report during the approval process. OpenAir does enable an import of the credit card transactions, but currently this is not a true "bank feed," so we have not implemented this. Our general managers have improved visibility into resource utilization and employee performance on projects. We are at a 97% compliance rate for timely reporting of time and expenses.

OpenAir PSA review by <span>Gos Y.</span>
Gos Y.

Great project management tool with flexible entries and projects assigned

What do you like best?

Easy and flexible in time and project management. As the end user, it's very quick to look up the projects which I was assigned and put the hours on that. Everything can be done in a real quick way.

Easy management in off time too.

What do you dislike?

Not really much to mention but it would be even better if it can be linked to 3rd party API tools or anything like that to make the tool more flexible. And I hope the end user can look up all available projects by themselves - now everything has to go through admin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you ever think to have an integrated tool to track the project and resources, NetSuite OpenAir would be a great fit.

It's in particular for the time tracking and project management. It's a very great tool to make the above tasks much easier.

OpenAir PSA review by <span>Jennifer M.</span>
Jennifer M.
Invitation from the software vendor

OpenAir is a solid tool for doing business

What do you like best?

OpenAir is a valuable tool for time tracking, invoicing, and reporting. We rely heavily on OpenAir and find it to be a useful tool. One of the best things about working with NetSuite is that they do really seem to care about their customer's needs, and are always making improvements to the current product. Their support is excellent, which I find to be really unusual these days for online services. OpenAir is complex, which can mean that it's difficult to figure new things out on my own, but I'd rather have the flexibility of use and range of options available to me and need a little help sometimes. Overall, I like using OpenAir very much.

What do you dislike?

As a company, we've been pretty disappointed in the resource tracking tools. This is not my area of the business, but my colleague who concentrates on this area is frustrated by the limitations. She has reached out for help, but most of the things that she wants simply aren't available at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do strongly recommend OpenAir, it's been a really good tool for us.

We are tracking our employees time and expenses. We are sending invoices to our customers from OpenAir. We are able to run reports to gather data about our employees. It's nice to have these things in one place, convenient, and easy to use.

OpenAir PSA review by <span>Karin M L.</span>
Karin M L.

Great software for Resource Management

What do you like best?

I spend months evaluating PSA solutions, and no doubt OpenAir was the best solution for us. It is flexible and customizable, and very user friendly. We use it across five consulting practices that all work differently. OpenAir is simple to use, and the fact that it is so customizable makes it invaluable in all levels of the organization. I have received a lot of positive feedback from the consultants telling me that it is very easy to fill out and submit timesheets.

Another feature I really like is the reporting module. It can be a bit complex to begin with, but as soon as you learn the tool it is easy to set up all sorts of reports.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a little outdated; and I would like to be able to save different filter settings in the resource booking planner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can definitely recommend OpenAir as a strong Resource Management/PSA software solution. Over the years, I have worked with several solutions, and none have been as customizable and flexible as OpenAir. Before selecting a product take the time to define your organizations need; expectations and processes. A PSA solution can’t fix any processes that are not in place.

We mainly use OpenAir for Resource and Project Management. It allows us to know who is doing what; track project profitability and integrate with our CRM solution. It saves us a lot of hours on manual work!

Learn more about OpenAir PSA

OpenAir PSA Videos

Learning about OpenAir PSA?

* We monitor all OpenAir PSA reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.