OpenAir PSA

OpenAir PSA

OpenAir PSA improves services organization profitability and performance.

Work for OpenAir PSA?

Learning about OpenAir PSA?

OpenAir PSA Reviews

Ask OpenAir PSA a Question
Showing 168 OpenAir PSA reviews
OpenAir PSA review by Erik V.
Erik V.

"Keeping Projects and Resourcing In-line with OpenAir"

What do you like best?

OpenAir is a pretty straight forward project and resource management platform. OpenAir makes it easy to quickly create and manage projects, associated tasks and the resources assigned to them. As a project manager for new business pursuits, I appreciate how easy it is to quickly pull up multiple resources and assign them projected task hours for multiple projects. One of my favorite things is being able to save my resource filter settings when booking resources to a project. It saves me a lot of time! Speaking of time, time sheets and time tracking is pretty straight forward any easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The interface seems to be little bit outdated which made me take a while to understand the layout and functionality of the platform. The platform itself could use some usability best practices. Buttons and Tabs aren't necessarily intuitive. It takes time to book a resource and confirm that it has saved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Relatively simple to use for time, project, resource and expense management.

As a professional services company, we rely on OpenAir for Time Tracking, Expense Tracking, Project and Resource Management. OpenAir is is our go-to platform for time tracking and seeing which resources are available to help with new business pitches or client work. Open Air allows our project managers to quickly and easily create new projects, related tasks and assign resources to those projects based on their capacity.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about OpenAir PSA
OpenAir PSA review by Nick S.
Nick S.

"Great time tracking!"

What do you like best?

Time tracking (however unloved by many) is an important aspect of billing clients correctly for services. This software is very intuitive when it comes to timesheets and details. Beyond that, tracking billed time and being able to run easy to make reports really makes it a worthwhile product.

What do you dislike?

As I work with dozens of clients throughout the week, tediously clicking into the boxes to log time and write a description gets a little difficult. The UI is relatively plain and doing the task of entering time requires a little more dexterity and accuracy in clicking than a nicer UI might have. It would be nice to have some sort of easily clickable projects with default project billing notes and times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Double check that your product can integrate with this. Exporting is great, but more functionality regarding import/export would be even more valuable without having to use their homegrown integration manager tool.

Business problem solved is that we can accurately and easily bill our clients. Due to the range of exports that can be had out of OpenAir, our Finance department runs their monthly reports through these exports.

What Professional Services Automation solution do you use?

OpenAir PSA review by Tim L.
Tim L.

"Excellent Package for Managing Resources from end to end"

What do you like best?

I have been using OpenAir for over 5 years as both a User and in a Help Desk role. As a User I was using OpenAir as a Project and Billing Administrator with the main purpose being billing clients. Once a billing rule has been created, all user time entries and expenses are captured to ensure that no billing is missed. I am currently providing support for an OpenAir client and found that most issues relate to the data entered rather than any issues with the system.

What do you dislike?

I have had a few issues using the Mobile version but don't really need to use it in that way often. I have found that it performs better with Chrome and Firefox over IE as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I worked as a billing officer for 10 years and found that to manager resources and bill clients, OpenAir is the easiest to use software package out of the several I have worked with over the years.

I am currently using OpenAir as a Help Desk support role so I am dealing with a wide range of different issues on a daily basis. I am usually able to handle it myself as it's a very intuitive system but if I have problems the OpenAir support team are quick to respond and can usually sort it out the problem. This is a huge benefit as a Help Desk user to have the backup support of a product expert.

OpenAir PSA review by Kathryn S.
Kathryn S.

"OpenAir has helped our company to Find the Money"

What do you like best?

We like that we can run a report like I just ran last week that enabled us to find $1300 in unbilled expenses that would have slipped through the cracks. We like that we can run full project lifecycle reporting that even includes future travel expenses in project budget projections. We like that our resource schedules are real-time and accessible to everyone. We also like that we have been able to develop an integration for our expense reporting with OpenAir that enabled complete transparency into reported and unreported corporate credit card expenses by cardholder which we are able to reconcile using a matching process at month-end. This has helped us to find all unreported transactions that would otherwise fall through the cracks and go unbilled to our clients. The match is now current with our month-end close and resulted in an 80% timesavings that we had been spending working on a 9-month backlog!

What do you dislike?

User community currently unable to vote on enhancement requests. The UI around resource planning and project budgeting is not very well designed - too many teeny little settings and filters that are cryptically named. Currently, there is no native notification for late expense reports in the system, although this can be done as a custom script.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest in Implementation services. When we implemented, we were given one product training session prior to go-live. You really need the orientation prior to go-live, but in-depth training should be timed for afterward.

We are able to look at budget projections for ongoing projects and get a heads-up on budget overages so that we can work with our clients more quickly to remediate. We have seen a significant reduction in our invoice-to-payment days: from an average of 30 to 10 for many customers! Expense reporting had been a duplicative process - now our consultants can use the mobile app to enter expenses and upload snapshots of receipts. We can login and compare the credit card transactions with their report during the approval process. OpenAir does enable an import of the credit card transactions, but currently this is not a true "bank feed," so we have not implemented this. Our general managers have improved visibility into resource utilization and employee performance on projects. We are at a 97% compliance rate for timely reporting of time and expenses.

OpenAir PSA review by Gos Y.
Gos Y.

"Great project management tool with flexible entries and projects assigned"

What do you like best?

Easy and flexible in time and project management. As the end user, it's very quick to look up the projects which I was assigned and put the hours on that. Everything can be done in a real quick way.

Easy management in off time too.

What do you dislike?

Not really much to mention but it would be even better if it can be linked to 3rd party API tools or anything like that to make the tool more flexible. And I hope the end user can look up all available projects by themselves - now everything has to go through admin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you ever think to have an integrated tool to track the project and resources, NetSuite OpenAir would be a great fit.

It's in particular for the time tracking and project management. It's a very great tool to make the above tasks much easier.

OpenAir PSA review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"OpenAir is a strong legacy PSA that deserves to be relevant again"

What do you like best?

Ease of implementation from build out to long-term maintenance and IS support that NetSuite/OpenAir provides is impressive. The platform is mature and does what it needs to from bookings to revenue reporting, but lacks in the UX.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is outsourced and IT support isn't always receptive to assisting during downtimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After the acquisition, it appears as though NetSuite has left their OpenAir to wither. While the platform integrates well with their flagship ERP, the support is not what it used to be.

My organization was able to automate bookings, revenue reporting, and had a much stronger handle on our professional services and consulting group after we went live.

OpenAir PSA review by Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.

"OpenAir is a solid tool for doing business"

What do you like best?

OpenAir is a valuable tool for time tracking, invoicing, and reporting. We rely heavily on OpenAir and find it to be a useful tool. One of the best things about working with NetSuite is that they do really seem to care about their customer's needs, and are always making improvements to the current product. Their support is excellent, which I find to be really unusual these days for online services. OpenAir is complex, which can mean that it's difficult to figure new things out on my own, but I'd rather have the flexibility of use and range of options available to me and need a little help sometimes. Overall, I like using OpenAir very much.

What do you dislike?

As a company, we've been pretty disappointed in the resource tracking tools. This is not my area of the business, but my colleague who concentrates on this area is frustrated by the limitations. She has reached out for help, but most of the things that she wants simply aren't available at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do strongly recommend OpenAir, it's been a really good tool for us.

We are tracking our employees time and expenses. We are sending invoices to our customers from OpenAir. We are able to run reports to gather data about our employees. It's nice to have these things in one place, convenient, and easy to use.

OpenAir PSA review by Karin M L.
Karin M L.

"Great software for Resource Management"

What do you like best?

I spend months evaluating PSA solutions, and no doubt OpenAir was the best solution for us. It is flexible and customizable, and very user friendly. We use it across five consulting practices that all work differently. OpenAir is simple to use, and the fact that it is so customizable makes it invaluable in all levels of the organization. I have received a lot of positive feedback from the consultants telling me that it is very easy to fill out and submit timesheets.

Another feature I really like is the reporting module. It can be a bit complex to begin with, but as soon as you learn the tool it is easy to set up all sorts of reports.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a little outdated; and I would like to be able to save different filter settings in the resource booking planner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can definitely recommend OpenAir as a strong Resource Management/PSA software solution. Over the years, I have worked with several solutions, and none have been as customizable and flexible as OpenAir. Before selecting a product take the time to define your organizations need; expectations and processes. A PSA solution can’t fix any processes that are not in place.

We mainly use OpenAir for Resource and Project Management. It allows us to know who is doing what; track project profitability and integrate with our CRM solution. It saves us a lot of hours on manual work!

OpenAir PSA review by Bill S.
Bill S.

"Wraps around our processes. Rich functionality balanced with great interface."

What do you like best?

The system really gets our business. We've been able to automate so many previously manual processes and get better control. Dashboard are not only pretty, but are the steering wheel to drive our business.

What: I which we had the bandwidth to keep up with all the new features they introduce every quarter. Some amazing new capabilities we want to take advantage of.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to understand that your business requirements and focus on solving those business challenges - not the platform it's on or the brand name. Also, OpenAir is a real cloud app - you get upgraded automatically and can take advantage of all the new features immediately. I've heard too many other systems require you to customize (like our old one) and you get cemented into an old version.

We had poor visibility in resource forecasting. We now have all resource skills in one place and the system can recommend the best person for the job. We've seen profitability go way up and utilization at the perfect level - just enough slack to meet those last minute emergencies.

Also, we now are able to run profitability reports for the first time and see where were are working well or under-performing. And can take action on troubled areas and fix them before we slip.

OpenAir PSA review by Bre S.
Bre S.

"User friendly and great support service"

What do you like best?

Very easy to get comfortable using the application. The layout structure is the same throughout the different areas which makes it so easy to feel like a master quickly. Whenever there is a question on how to use it or how to improve the way it works for you, the support staff is quick and great to work with. The longest I've ever had to wait for a resolution to my questions is 24 hour and usually get an answer before then.

What do you dislike?

The quick info pop ups that most often are not helpful for me and my team. There doesn't seem to be a way to make them go away. Would be nice if these could be disabled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time to set it up to fit your needs and spend the time to train the users. The time spent will be hugely helpful to ensure the data you get from the tool is useful.

Resource coordination has greatly been simplified with OpenAir PSA. Having one place to keep up to date on what resources are scheduled for and available has been incredibly helpful. All the team knows that what the resource planner says gets priority so it keeps everyone focused on updating it with schedule changes.

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Not made for professional business"

What do you like best?

Unfortunately, I couldn't really think of a good thing about OpenAir.

What do you dislike?

1.We're still in implementation phase with NetSutie and Openair. But there is so many workaround to make openair work for our business. And openair website is really hard to navigate and it takes multiple steps to get the right place.

2. The integration with NetSutie doesn't work properly either. If you update some headers in NetSuite side, make sure to check the mapping in Openair side. there is a change that the change made will break the mapping.

3. We decided to load our 2017 historical projects into system. After talking with Openair consultant, we were told that there is no way to bulk upload the historical data. You have to import project, tasks and phases to populate internal Id and map your data per IDs. So that's a lot of work and cumbersome to import projects.

Idealy, we will use it for profitability analysis and resource management. But haven't seen how it works yet.... Not feeling good about it

OpenAir PSA review by Savannah S.
Savannah S.

"OpenAir Product Review"

What do you like best?

NetSuite OpenAir is very easy to use and was quickly adopted in our organization. It allowed us to implement our planned best practices quickly. More importantly, it gave us insight into other industry best practices we hadn’t thought about and implement those as well. The biggest impact to our business has been having our time / expense entry, resource management, and project management all in one place.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if the mobile application had more of the full product functionality built in. We use it for time and expense entry. If we need more access a phone or tablet the mobile browser allows full access to all of OpenAir’s functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product

Build out use cases. We were able to eliminate several vendors by having them take us through specific scenarios. Don’t rely on just a “sales” demonstration. Put in real data and work it through the process and review the output. Ask for a trial account that is setup to reflect your requirements. Many vendors refused. It was a great way to differentiate from the vendors with real solutions and those that were mocked up for the demo. Don’t skimp on the implementation. OpenAir has a lot of deep functionality and it takes a dedicated project team, depending on size and complexity, to set it up properly and get maximum value.

We’ve been able to automate the scheduling and booking of our resources. This has led to an increase in utilization and a reduction in use of subcontractors. We have eliminated many of the manual processes associated with managing and reporting on projects, capturing and approving time/expense, and billing for our projects. All of these improvements have gone straight to our bottom line.

OpenAir PSA review by Jose R.
Jose R.

"Great tool for a professional services firm"

What do you like best?

OpenAir is flexible enough to handle a variety of client billing requirements, without being overly complicated. Our system administrator is a competent accountant (but not a programmer), and the system enables her to fulfill our time & expense entry very easily.

What do you dislike?

Building your own reports is more click-heavy than it needs to be. The reporting needs to be more drag-and-drop.

Our firm has a lot of billing arrangements with our customers: retainer, Time & Materials with and without a cap, etc. We needed a system that could handle all of that flexibility without hiring an army of accountants. NetSuite OpenAir solves that problem for us every week.

OpenAir PSA review by Katherine K.
Katherine K.

"A good starting point for organizations to streamline their operations"

What do you like best?

OpenAir is a tool that allows for a lot of financial projection and forecasting data. My company uses it to track multiple team members working on multiple projects, as well as invoice for that time spent against projects. When used correctly, you can forecast how many hours a person will spend on a project and OpenAir calculates how much revenue that will bring our company.

What do you dislike?

OpenAir's user interface is outdated. Like all software, there is always room to improve. For the functions that my company uses OpenAir for, there are few that are difficult to work with. Let's say you have Employee A assigned to a project and you project she'll work 15 hours per week on the project. She submits her timesheet via OpenAir and actually works 0 hours for the week. OpenAir assumes that she still worked 15 hours, but just forgot to submit her timesheet. That means that your financial forecast will be impacted, since OpenAir still counts that revenue towards the project. Some manual clean up or a specific, custom script is needed to help you manage this issue. The mobile experience of OpenAir is also very cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, it is a solid option. It has its flaws, but it is always working on new features that improve the user experience. It is a great tool to provide data to your executives, report on your metrics and streamline project management, resource management, invoicing, expenses and forecasting.

- forecasting financial data

- assigning team members to projects; booking team members by hours which allows for more efficient utilization

- generating invoices

- submitting timesheets

- logging and invoicing clients for expenses

- reporting organization-wide

OpenAir PSA review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Solid Resource Management and Project Management Tool with some UI enhancements needed"

What do you like best?

Very solid resource planning tool that can be used to manage technical resources.

Integrates project, client and resource management along with time tracking and reduces the number of independent systems.

Provides solid reporting and dashboards that can be managed depending on user roles and permissions.

What do you dislike?

UI needs to be modernized. Some areas of the site need better visuals for reporting and communication.

Workflow UI can also be improved - workflow is often not completed since users are unclear that the workflow is still not complete. It also often takes several steps to perform some simple operations.

The tools is very customizable and therefore a lot of training is needed to ensure that reports and the workflows yield the correct result.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan your implementation and ensure that you understand the features and capabilities before finalizing the requirements.

Implementing OA resulted in significant time savings and ability to make resource decisions faster.

It has also integrated our resource management with time recording and billing very effectively.

Realized faster invoice preparation turnaround and better communication across the board regarding resource usage and planning.

We needed custom calculations for resource and revenue forecasting and due to the fact that OA supported various means of calculating this - we were able to get most of the results we needed.

OpenAir PSA review by Shawn L.
Shawn L.

"NetSuite has its limitation but overall experience is good. There is too little people knows OpenAir"

What do you like best?

1. Cloud based ERP system allowing users to keep track time and expenses anytime and anywhere.

2. OpenAir is built based on a simple logic, so it is easy for beginners (a person has IT back ground knowledge) to understand.

3. It is flexible to modify OpenAir to the way you wanted.

What do you dislike?

Integration between NetSuite and OpenAir

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you only have one subsidiary and using OpenAir alone (not integrating with others), recommended. Otherwise, please consider other software, or using NetSuite instead.

Work In Progress management is handled by OpenAir with reasonable annual cost.

The wide team can book their time and expenses anytime anywhere.

OpenAir PSA review by Leslie D.
Leslie D.

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

OpenAir integrates with our instance of salesforce.com, so we are able to share information across platforms, which is beneficial. That being said, I primarily am a user of OpenAir from a time and expense reporting perspective and I don't have much good to share.

What do you dislike?

I use OpenAir to complete timesheets, submit PTO, and submit expenses. Timesheets are painful when the week is across 2 months ... not a user friendly set up (although OpenAir has improved this). Why there has to be an issue because of the days across months, I don't know ... but there certainly is! Expense creation is fairly simple and along the lines of other expense tools I have used; I think our challenge is in the way we have set it up for use. We also used OpenAir in the past for tracking PTO accrual and it was extremely confusing; you never really new how much PTO you had accrued and always had to go to HR for clarification/confirmation. So overall, I guess you can tell I'm not terribly impressed with OpenAir.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While I was not an evaluator at point of purchase, I would recommend you consider other solutions for timesheet, expense and PTO accrual. Since I don't have access to the project management aspect of the tool, I can't speak to that portion at all.

OpenAir serves several purposes for us: It is our project management tool, but most users are completing timesheets and expense reports. I guess the benefits are that we are all using the same system ... it's just that most people are not happy with it.

OpenAir PSA review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for time tracking, but not the most user-friendly"

What do you like best?

Easy to open new projects and record time/track time as you see fit. Easy management system for employee PTO and expense reports.

What do you dislike?

The system is especially finicky when it comes to parameters. For example, if I am searching an already submitted time sheet, it is not easily accessible. I have to click "Submitted"--but even then it won't show up. Because it's not right at your fingertips, I end up spending more time messing with the parameters/options to find that one timesheet than other time tracking softwares I've used before.

Time tracking, expense reports, PTO accrual and monitoring. Overall, OpenAir keeps all these things tracked in one place rather than the need for multiple software vendors.

OpenAir PSA review by Steve V.
Steve V.

"Outstanding Bookings and Forecasting Tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and powerful team forecasting tool to see what resources are booked for any given date and or time.

What do you dislike?

The expense reporting included is a nice feature, but it seems cluncky when submitting through the mobile app interface. Saving and uploading receipts seems to not always save.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for all users to submit time, expenses, and book/forecast users from a utilization perspective.

Forecasting which resources are utilized or will be utilized on projects/engagements.

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Good tool for basic project management"

What do you like best?

I have been using Open Air for 5 years, I like the ease of creating new projects and navigating the site. I like that my account number shows up for me in the site when I go to Support to contact NetSuite with an issue.

What do you dislike?

It is so very difficult to pull all the useful information from a project into a report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn the site, use the sandbox to try things before you implement them in the live environment. Get NetSuite to walk you through creating reports so it is not so much of a hassle when you learn you need certain info in reports. This system integrates fairly well with other systems as well.

We are generating invoices, tracking project completion, revenue recognition, tracking expenses incurred on a project level. It has been nice to have a system that can track so much info.

OpenAir PSA review by Amy N.
Amy N.

"Solid billing engine in the cloud"

What do you like best?

OpenAir has a rock-solid billing engine that easily accommodates new product lines and pricing models.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app doesn't allow the same configurability as the online user interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OpenAir can fit into any enterprise applications landscape because of the integration and scripting options. The billing engine is flexible enough to handle our pricing models.

With OpenAir PSA, we can rapidly introduce new product lines and special negotiated contract terms with confidence that the invoices will be correct and that the invoices will be formatted according to client specifications.

OpenAir PSA review by Bryan P.
Bryan P.

"Does some things well but very weak on Reporting design and usability"

What do you like best?

OpenAir works well for tracking time and managing projects at a basic level. It integrates very well with NetSuite, which is one of its best selling points. I also believe that the resource management capabilities are there, but we are not fully utilizing them yet. The bookings is also a feature that is very useful however I think could be much more user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I personally am in charge of reporting and I strongly dislike the inflexibility in this area. There are a number of things that OA cannot do which boggles the mind (ex: doing simple calculations off of dates). Also, their dashboards are incredibly inflexible and make it nearly impossible to centrally manage them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for companies not yet at a place where they want to do a lot with their time tracking data

Time tracking, billing integration, resource management

OpenAir PSA review by Mel S.
Mel S.

"BI Boost Increases Success"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage projects and resources. I like being able to easily customize OpenAir to tailor information pertinent to my business.

What do you dislike?

The information gap between the resource module and the project module. Seems like there should be a way to integrate these seamlessly.

We are solving several problems with OpenAir: utilization issues, forecasting issues, contract compliance issues, earned revenue and profitability issues.

With OpenAir we are able to see a more complete picture of a project. Not just the financials, but the structure, timeliness and technical/customer issues as well.

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great Resource Management Tool"

What do you like best?

I like how I can schedule Resources through Bookings and that I can see how Resources are utilized. I also like how we can get detailed with Projects or keep high level depending on our project scenario. The Timesheet module is nice too as it can remind people to enter timesheets via email as many times as you want to set the reminders. The Reports also give us better to our timesheet status and what exact stage it's in.

What do you dislike?

There are some disconnections between modules like Bookings and Project Tasks and it's sometimes frustrating to have to create a booking and task separately that may be exactly the same. I also wish we could zoom in on the Resource Planner view so the information was easier to read.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's hard to know exactly the full potential of the system until you are 6+ months in. You may uncover things that were never discussed in configuration phase and may conflict with your business requirements. But overall, this tool gave us what we need in regards to Resource Management through Schedules, Timesheets, PTO & Skills Management.

The areas that OpenAir have helped us is definitely giving us a platform to manage our Resources' time through bookings and timesheets. We are able to see in detail where they are booked, whether it's billable or non billable and we can even manage their PTO from the system. We can now forecast Bench and utilization which has helped us tremendously in making business investments.

OpenAir PSA review by Paul B.
Paul B.

"Implementation for project engineering"

What do you like best?

Flexibility. You can create a workflows that work with current processes.

What do you dislike?

Cost accounting side is somewhat rigid, and you have to rethink how you manage results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OpenAir is a distinct piece of software that must be integrated to communicate with traditional accounting software NetSuite. It’s not easy nor as seemless as one might think. Prepare to have adjust processes to accommodate what the system can and cannot do.

Consistency in project management process. Centralization of information.

OpenAir PSA review by Jodi C.
Jodi C.

"Flexible, feature rich, and mature"

What do you like best?

The Netsuite OpenAir product has a robust feature set, having evolved over the past 15 years addressing customer needs, industry trends, and technology changes. Best used for project management and strong resource management capabilities. The product supports invoicing and revenue recognition, handles almost all revenue policies tracked within services organizations. Because of the emphasis for both project management and financial management, quite complicated financial / project status reports can be defined. The product is a standalone product which can be, and is often, integrated with other vendor solutions including NetSuite's ERP/CRM product and other CRM and ERP solutions.

What do you dislike?

Mobile capabilities are limited to Time and Expense submission and approval currently. Navigation does not currently support 'click-through' navigation where a client name, project name, user name, etc. is not always a hyperlink to drill down into those objects in general - this is being address with some QuickViews type of navigation/UI support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider task management needs and collaboration within the organization. Review how project management and financial management is tracked in your organization and review spreadsheets used for tracking resource availability as these may all be able to be tracked direct in the tool. Define a full set of requirements for your organization and use this as an objective measure of this and other PSA tools for achievement of organizational goals.

Operational management and compliance by team members on time and expense. Full forecasting of backlog and pipeline along with forecast staffing and resource needs are achieved. Actuals and margin reports down to the project level including remaining budget and ETC reporting in place. Tracking all client invoicing activities including payments for AR aging reports and clear communication to customers.

Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"OpenAir drives our entire Services Operation"

What do you like best?

We manage the entire project lifecycle using OpenAir from planning to execution. Our project plans are detailed including budgets with all billing rules created to perform the job successfully and automate the quote to cash process. We capture all actuals for both time and expense within the services organization as well as across the entire company. Visibility into all resources from both a utilization and availability perspective are critical to our overall success. A set of key metrics and reports are used to manage the business and ensure targets are achieved. OpenAir is very easy to use. We are very happy with the overall product performance and functionality to help us manage our business.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about OpenAir if you run a services organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you run a services organization, I would highly recommend OpenAir. I would initially focus on automating the quote to cash process to gain early wins with the end user base and maximize ROI. The solution is very deep and will easily grow with you as the organization grows. The flexibility that the Resource Management module provides along with the Billing and Revenue Recognition engines are unmatched in the industry.

Services Automation

Utilization - Forecasted and Billing

Billing Management

Revenue Recognition

Actuals vs Budgets

OpenAir PSA review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great & Outstanding product"

What do you dislike?

Open Air gives us greater insight into our spend patterns and is very helpful in identifying opportunities for savings across the enterprise.

OpenAir PSA review by Krystina P.
Krystina P.

"Very good integration into NetSuite"

What do you like best?

I love the integration into the NetSuite software. It allows for more automation freeing up more time for other tasks.

What do you dislike?

Sometime getting the integration to work seamlessly with NetSuite is challenging due to the rigidity of the NS system. But it is good in a sense that it forces us to have best practices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very good for professional services

We have fully automated professional services integration. Allows for better reporting and faster processing of charges.

OpenAir PSA review by Jennifer V.
Jennifer V.

"OpenAir is a great tool for project and resource management"

What do you like best?

Open Air is flexible and customizable. We have been using it for about 13 years, and I have yet to truly stump it.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more enhanced audit reporting capabilities out of the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is very easy to use and understand. It is highly customizable and can be integrated with other applications.

Project and resource management is our main use for the system. It allows us to know who is doing what and track project profitability.

OpenAir PSA review by Alvaro I.
Alvaro I.

"OpenAir meets the requirements but need a better interface"

What do you like best?

- The ability to use it via mobile app

- In Netsuite OpenAir PSA you can configure almost everything.

- Ability to manage, vacations, sick leaves, personal time, etc

- easy to track people and projects

What do you dislike?

- The UI feels old and need a review.

- Can be too overwhelming for a "small" company like ours

Recommendations to others considering the product

For us were too overwhelming and go with another solution at the time.

it will help you with all that is related to project management, tracking time, expenses and even invoicing your projects.

OpenAir PSA review by Consultant in Professional Training & Coaching
Consultant in Professional Training & Coaching

"EASY TO USE"

What do you like best?

We use both NetSuite and Open Air and I like that you can just log into one place to get both items. The program was flexible with our environment and is very easy to use. I train CR reps on the system and its pretty straight forward. Thank you

What do you dislike?

I wish our company would have hired someone to make it work more effectively with our company. Discounts don't flow over to Open Air from NetSuite. That is my biggest issue.

NetSuite Placing orders and Open Air is project related. Benefits that we don't have to enter data in two places.

Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Best ready-for market PSA solution?"

What do you like best?

Breadth of functionality for PSA, almost ready to go out-of-the-box with base functionality for a lot of organizations. API access provides further custom configuration and process capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Mobile needs work. BI is limited when compared to special BI tools but they may be fixing this by providing data access for other tools. Certain features need refinement for more complex scenarios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the solution live with basic functionality quickly. If you are expecting to have more specific requirements, expect development effort to refine existing base functionality.

Resource Management, Financial Forecasting and Revenue Management of Professional Services engagements. Tracking of all time and expense for employees.

OpenAir PSA review by Steven L.
Steven L.

"All the data needed to run a services shop in one place"

What do you like best?

As a consulting firm, OpenAir enabled us to easily schedule and track resources who were assigned to multiple projects with speed and ease.

What do you dislike?

Not so much of a dislike but at the time, while we were integrated with SalesForce for our BD team, the applicant tracking system we used did not interface with OpenAir. To be fair, we were not running one of the more popular ATSs so the lack of integration was not surprising.

For my piece of the puzzle in resourcing, OpenAir allowed me to see with exact detail utilization so that we could assign tasks more effectively and reduce the need to add to headcount, thereby increasing profitability.

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching
Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching

"Openair is a good Project Management tool with some quirks and a high price tag"

What do you like best?

Task and template management works well for repetitive projects once you are fully set up. Automated integration with Netsuite keeps things consistent between two separate systems. The Bookings planner is a great step forward for getting an overview of your resource allocations.

What do you dislike?

Expensive. The cost goes up every year we renew. Integration with Netsuite is not real-time and can cause headaches when backing out mistakes. Making multiple changes to a project's task list could be a lot more user-friendly. They are very selective with what properties you can mass-change for projects/users/etc, so some things will require you to still change line-by-line. We are still relying on external reports for a lot of things despite having the built-in reports module.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you really like Netsuite, I would recommend trying to make it work in Netsuite only. The integration between Netsuite and Openair is not perfect and not being improved.

Resource management was our priority when signing up. We've used their bookings module to accomplish this but have also signed up with Netsuite integration to streamline our project and accounting processes almost completely into Netsuite/Openair.

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"I've been the Admin for an OpenAir deployment at Novitex Enterprise Solutions since May 2012."

What do you like best?

OpenAir provides the functionality my company needs, with no compromises. We use the Professional Services Automation and Project Time Tracking functionality. We are very satisfied with the application. I have ADMINed SAP CATS previously. Compared to SAP CATS, OpenAir is far easier for users, and provides the flexibility I need to enhance it's base functionality to meet my companies needs.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, the OpenAir Reporting Engine is outdated. Dashboards have limited capability, and need to be updated to provide "Excel-like" dashboard functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at functionality, ease of use from a users perspective, and an administrators perspective. OpenAir provides our users with a very simple interface which can be customized to meet their needs.

OpenAir costs are very reasonably priced for the functionality it provides.

OpenAir integrates with Salesforce.com very well.

Financial benefits:

Integration with Salesforce.com to provide cost of sales.

Project task level capitalization to allow for depreciation related to s/w assets.

Corporate start-up cost capture based on labor (time) against specific projects.

OpenAir PSA review by User in Computer Software

"End user of the system"

What do you like best?

Depth of functionality allows me to easily manage my team's utilization and increase productivity of my team. Using OpenAir has increased my teams' utilization by 2% within a quarter of using the software.

What do you dislike?

There are some list views that could have more advanced functionality. I would also love to see more KPIs available on the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look no further! NetSuite OpenAir has the depth of functionality any services organization needs to run its business. Using OpenAir, your organization will benefit from its efficiency and ease of use.

Understanding my team's forecasted hours vs. actual hours. I've been able to increase utilization by identifying individuals who need more work.

OpenAir PSA review by Jason W.
Jason W.

"Ok cloud PSA software for simple project controls"

What do you like best?

Clean interface, easy to understand. can manage projects with complexity or simple, the setup is the same

What do you dislike?

inflexible without expensive custom development. Price increases we have had to repeatedly fight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not kept very current, I assume because they were bought by Netsuite, which was bought by Oracle, and each of those companies has a product to upsell.

project tracking, time and expense. Fairly easy to administer.

OpenAir PSA review by Rajeshwari S.
Rajeshwari S.

"Great Product and excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

NetSuite or OpenAir support is very responsive to resolve all our issues on-time.

What do you dislike?

Unable to reach directly to OpenAir Technical team when we have issues related to Production support, but they are very responsive for all the cases created online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Product, easy to use and maintain.

Customer service always responded to us on our how to question and issues related to SOAP APIs ?

OpenAir PSA review by Lloyd K.
Lloyd K.

"4 Months of using OpenAir + Netsuite"

What do you like best?

I have experience with other Oracle based software, but Open Air is much more user friendly. Easy to access and easy to follow the procedures. I like the flexibility and being able to modify filters and menus. I like the integration between Net Suite and the Open Air. Much more user friendly compare to other Oracle based software

What do you dislike?

I've been using it for 4 months right now, so still in a learning stage, however, sometimes I find hard when I need to find certain JRN in a certain period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Project management information and financial information are easily managed

OpenAir PSA review by Susan S.
Susan S.

"NetSuite OpenAir"

What do you like best?

NetSuite OpenAir is an excellent tool and easy to use. Having expense entries, resource management and time, project management, etc., all in one place saves so much time.

What do you dislike?

Do not have any dislikes about the product

Recommendations to others considering the product

OpenAir is an excellent tool and should definitely be considered. It also integrates with your iPhone and iPad. You can take a snapshot of receipts or other documents and upload them directly into the system. Makes it so much faster and if you lose a receipt you don't have to worry because you already have a snapshot of it and it's in the system.

Generates invoices for client billing and makes the billing process much more efficient.

Time and expense tracking is a huge plus.

OpenAir PSA review by Darrell D. D.
Darrell D. D.

"Lifelong Fan!"

What do you like best?

I have been using NetSuite since about 2000 after evaluating alternative packages. NetSuite invariably ranked above all so-called competitors. Its breadth, depth, array of features, and ESPECIALLY the SUPERB technical and user support are unmatched in the industry. I have referred many people to NetSuite over the years and have never received a complaint regarding dissatisfaction. My only regret is that I wish I could invest in NetSuite since they are obviously a long-term resource essential to my business.

What do you dislike?

Screen layouts could be a bit more intuitive and user-friendly

Billing, of course but also project management, staff productivity, deadline management and opportunity management.

OpenAir PSA review by Adam G. Chaikin C.
Adam G. Chaikin C.

"The benefits of NetSuite integration speak for themselves"

What do you like best?

I like the ease that we were able to connect between NetSuite and OpenAir. It is what my client's PSG was really looking for. It is a well organized tool for the job and one that my client has used for years.

What do you dislike?

We accidentally loaded our employee history instead of just active employees. Other than that, we were happy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to use NetSuite with a professional services team, this is a wise choice. There are other options but the connector makes this choice worthwhile.

It manages the PSG at the client seamlessly

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Robust Software with Lots of Options"

What do you like best?

I like that OpenAir has a lot of functionality and reporting options. I also like that it continually updates and improves. We have been able to integrate the software with our other sales and accounting software.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of settings and options so it is kind of overwhelming to a new user. It takes a lot of time to learn to use the software as an administrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seek support when implementing. Make sure several people are trained as an admin, and learn to use the reporting features early on.

We use the software for time tracking, client billing, and reporting. We have been able to customize the software to fit our business needs, and it's very helpful that all of this information is online and readily accessible.

OpenAir PSA review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Open Air is an invaluable tool for us"

What do you like best?

UI, ease of use , integrations out of the box to our financial system of record. The reporting is a critical component to our business. Overall, OpenAir was the far superior product during out testing phase. Another really strong influencer for out decision was the sales team. They had superior product and market knowledge and they were always easily accessible anytime we have questions throughout the eval process.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. The product is great and critical to our business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the market looking for a new solution OpenAir should be at the top of the list. Other vendors will claim they can compete with OpenAir but in my evaluation OpenAir was the clearly superior offering. Hands down, the best product on the market in this space.

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Accessible, Real-time PSA Management"

What do you like best?

Real-time Project management and Utilization

Ability to configure system to business needs.

Proxy feature and sharing of reports makes the system easy to support.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app needs updating, would prefer a BI tool for reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy workflow / approvals and configurable notifications. Downloadable view screens allow insightful and robust ad-hoc reporting.

Project Revenue and cost are immediately visible.

Using a continuously improved cloud solution accessible from everywhere is an efficient way to provide a services organization with the tools needed for the business

OpenAir PSA review by Nick S.
Nick S.

"Relatively user friendly and forces standardization"

What do you like best?

Standardization forces all users to enter and consumer data in a similar manner. This enables consistent reporting and has simplified tasks such as responding to audit requests and allocating expenses to the products that were worked on.

What do you dislike?

Not everything is fully intuitive and the help section doesn't always help. However, the answer usually lies somewhere in the system.

We are able to allocate hours to the product that was actually worked on rather than the default assumption for each employee. Likewise, we are able to track hours submitted by contractors to both allocate expenses and validate invoices.

OpenAir PSA review by User

"Great product, would definitely recommend to others."

What do you like best?

I liked how easy this product was to use. It is a very simple yet effective product. Prior to using this product, it was very hard for me to manage my expenses and spending of my company, but now it is very easy to do, all due to OpenAir PSA.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how I knew that there was much more that this tool could do, and that this tool is capable of doing more. I wish that I could have used more features on this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this product to others, especially ones who are having trouble managing expenses for their business.

General expenses and spending management. This tool, and especially the simplicity of it, really helped me manage my expenses and spending.

OpenAir PSA review by Andrew T.
Andrew T.

"OpenAir Review"

What do you like best?

One of the best features of OpenAir is its ease of setting up timesheets and expense reports. Everything is fairly straight forward and doesn't require any training to use as basic users.

It does get more complicated with reporting, but from what I've seen the reporting is handled well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of filters for one's own timesheets/expense reports. It would be nice to be able to filter out time allocated to certain tasks for certain sheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow filtering through one own's timesheet's projects. There are times where I would like to calculate my bill-able time vs non-bill-able time.

Also, rejected expense reports are not easy to navigate for users to update. Often times it is easy to just ignore the rejected expense report and just start a new one that is a clone.

The business problems that we were solving was using a system to monitor and report all the time from a company. The benefits we realized was that everything was centralized and could be integrated with our other systems.

OpenAir PSA review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="6ecdba65-615b-43c1-89a4-ce568d882735">Brenda C.</span>
Brenda C.
" itemprop="name" />

"NetSuite OpenAir"

What do you like best?

I like that you can filter and find projects super easy.

What do you dislike?

The system is slow and sometimes bogs down and it's hard to keep a rhythm. The integration does not work sometimes. The invoicing integration into NetSuite doesn't work sometimes as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great way for Project Management and can be set up for each company's needs.

Project accounting. The projects used to all be in QuickBooks and now there is visibility to the financial health of a project.

"OpenAir Review"

What do you like best?

search functionality is pretty smart when searching only part of a word. Like that you can create all types of filters depending on your needs.

What do you dislike?

That the resourcing tab does not always talk to the project outline tab - it would be a huge improvement if this was implemented. I wish that the filters cleared out when you search for a new project name. Instead of having to do this manually every single time. It is just time consuming and honestly should be expected as it seems like a pretty intuitive thing.

Effective time management when monitoring project resource utilization

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Computer Software

"A bit overkill for our needs but does a good job, but implementation was frustrating"

What do you like best?

The many possibilities there are in customizing OpenAir specifically to fit your needs

What do you dislike?

We have had to add extra steps to some of our internal processes for things OpenAir could not accommodate and the implementation was expensive, and so much longer than necessary, no actual project management from our implementer, had to figure tons out ourselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand your own process well before beginning implementation and make sure your implementers are clear about your timeline and your expectations of them

We are able to clearly track time entered and billed now, easier report numbers to our parent company, easier to see where clients were in their rollout of our software

OpenAir PSA review by Dan V.
Dan V.

"Great tool to record time and communicate status"

What do you like best?

Easy to record and track time. Reporting was very thorough and was great to use as customer status communication.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of configuration settings that allow you to customize the app to any specific need. However, with all of those options available it sometimes can get confusing.

Easily track and communicate project status, both internal and external. The ease with which we were able to communicate with the customer gave greater clarity more often and resulted in much less confusion about what was done. This lead to quicker turn around on invoice payments as there were rarely any disputes with invoices

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Computer Software

"We use OA for billing, time tracking, bookings, expenses and reporting."

What do you like best?

I like that Open Air is integrated with NetSuite. It makes our life a whole lot easier in the accounting department.

What do you dislike?

The reporting module of OpenAir is not as user friendly as other programs. That being said there is a lot of flexibility in the reporting so I believe that is why it is harder to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set it up correctly from the beginning. Get all of the training you can. And realize you will be continually learning new ways you can utilize OpenAir for you company's needs.

OpenAir keeps all of our billing information organized and then we can just run the integration to push the information to NetSuite.

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Positive experience with OA and offering enhanced features as we have requested has helped"

What do you like best?

Logical and simple to understand. Support tool is very helpful

What do you dislike?

The integration to NetSuite from OpenAir does not include the same information - ie. regarding invoicing: the NS invoice # is not the same as the OA invoice # and the NS invoice does not include the relevant details (resource names, service dates, rates).

No real problems - Recent enhancements to the project set-up / billing rules have helped to more accurately forecast

OpenAir PSA review by Alexandros A.
Alexandros A.

"Sort of messy , but useful"

What do you like best?

What I liked best was how dedicated it was to being mainly for projects. It seemed like a good slid system to organize your projects.

What do you dislike?

The functionality of it seemed a little off putting. It seemed like you had to go to too many places for one thing. Also, the design of everything is outdated.

We were using OpenAir for project management. I didn't use it for anything else other than that.

OpenAir PSA review by Roketa J.
Roketa J.

"OpenAir gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage multiple projects and automate timesheet/expense notifications.

What do you dislike?

The project reporting could be easier to use. There is no spot for indication if projects are RYG.

Budget and resource forecasting.

OpenAir PSA review by Paige N.
Paige N.

"Complicated system with lack of training. "

What do you like best?

The project management portion. The time and expense management. Easy to track resources.

What do you dislike?

The system is too complicated. There are too many reporting feature. Overwhelming.

Project management.

Better tracking or resources.

OpenAir PSA review by User

"Is a great, tool with a nice GUI and good for companies like the one I worked"

What do you like best?

The easy way to create reports and timesheets, get me projects reviewed and correct anything

What do you dislike?

Maybe the color of the GUI can be change or have an additional dark them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just another theme for user interface to make it easier. This is still something need, a black or dark theme

On my organization is for report of project and time tracking and like it, there is also additional tasks performed now

OpenAir PSA review by Sharon E.
Sharon E.

"Efficient with some areas lacking"

What do you like best?

It has been a couple years since I used the product so these details are as I best remember them. The product fulfilled my day to day needs in setting up billable projects for our consultants and I was able to easily report on any metrics. The ability to create basic reports outside of the canned ones provided at purchase was very helpful. Exporting data to use in reporting through mySql and Excel was available as well.

What do you dislike?

There were limits in detailed forecasting and advanced reporting. The report functionality was difficult for the layman to use and report creation was limited to a select few. The biggest problem that I had was that we uploaded a number of documents over the years and when we were looking into cancelling,we would have had to pay a significant amount to extract those documents. Ultimately, it would have cost a significant amount to change software systems which was unfortunate as we had needed a solution that integrated with QuickBooks without significant cost.

There was also limited functionality in changing existing transactions and modifications had to be performed outside the system.

When I started at the company in question, the software was already being used and we used it for housing client contracts, and inputting the relevant details for time tracking at specific rates. We also created invoices in the system but we did not purchase the integration to QuickBooks so there was more work created. Tracking project hours and rates was realized with this system though.

OpenAir PSA review by Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.

"OA Review"

What do you like best?

sake to cash reporting abilities. Resource scheduling and utilization ease.

What do you dislike?

Lack of search writhin OA. Far too many layers of setting which make administration and troubleshooting a bit more challenging. Should integrate with native NS ERP with ease

forecasring , 360 view of status/financials for the client, resource scheduling and bill schedules add a necessary later of complexion that was lacking in NS financials module.

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Logical System for all roles/users"

What do you like best?

The ability to simplify the user interface depending on their role and responsibilities within the system. Overall, it is very clean and while training new users, they seem to follow easily due to the layout and verbiage displayed as modules, sub-modules, status type, etc.

What do you dislike?

Learning the filter set and role combos that work best for our management teams. Easy of use regarding the deferred revenue transactions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

understanding the canned reports and the canned calculation, metrics etc. They may differ from what management may want to measure.

revenue conversion tracking per project in a timely manner (not leaving money on the table).

"Beneficial"

What do you like best?

The ability to pull useful data on demand.

What do you dislike?

The wait times for generating reports can be a pain and hassle especially when I need to deliver KPI's on demand. I want to be able to generate when I need. Also, if I have multiple reports generating, that can be a disaster. My system shuts down or freezes all together which again, causes massive frustration when you are in the middle of something and on a time constraint.

The benefit is being able to pull a variation of reports and metrics with the system. Also, very user friendly.

OpenAir PSA review by Lauren L.
Lauren L.

"OpenAir is a simple way to keep my company organized. "

What do you like best?

I like the multiple options I am given to run reports and filter data. I can easily play around and find different holes in our data by filtering in different ways. It is a simple way to showcase a number of various data to all aspects of business: stakeholders, project managers and consultants alike.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint would be the few times that OpenAir has crashed on me. Like any ERP system, it is frustrating when you are unable to run reports and/or the reports that are obtainable are not fully complete and there is no way of telling this fact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework and make sure that the ERP system you chose to use is in alignment with your requirements.

Forecasting problems are much less significant now as the bookings/assigning of resources is now MUCH simpler than our old ERP system. Also, in terms of resource management we have solved a huge bench problem by utilizing reports that show who is fully utilized in the future and who is not. We have fully recognized the benefit of using the skills tracking, but have not had the chance to utilize the feature. We are very excited to role out phase 2 and implement this feature into our everyday business. This will allow us to easily roll on and off resources that fit each needed role. The ROI we will have with this feature is unmeasurable.

OpenAir PSA review by Brijesh P.
Brijesh P.

"Engineer"

What do you like best?

Design and Architecture of the product.also its dont required to access from VPN

What do you dislike?

submenu for timesheets and cloning portion

track the hours that worked on

OpenAir PSA review by Linda S.
Linda S.

"Very well supported"

What do you like best?

Resource management and scheduling. Very visual as far as availability.

What do you dislike?

Difficulty with importing/integration with Microsoft project.

Resource scheduling and availability. Time tracking and invoice creation.

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Major improvement to our professional services processes."

What do you like best?

Prior to implementing OpenAir we were running mostly off of spreadsheets. OpenAir has allowed us to streamline our invoicing, time reporting, expense management, project accounting, and reporting processes. We have gained invaluable insight into our operations and have used this information to make better strategic decisions.

What do you dislike?

The reporting module could be a little more robust in terms of custom fields/calculations and conditional filters.

We now have real-time visibility into project profitability at all levels. The system as significantly increased time reporting and expense reporting compliance. Overall we have streamlined processes which has decreased our project and overhead costs.

OpenAir PSA review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the report creation functionality. I also like the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

Defects in the mobile app that require me to log into the website before submitting an expense report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used it at 2 different companies. OA is very robust, but you must set up the functionality to get what you want out of it. SIG has done an excellent job implementing it.

An easy way to create, update, or submit timesheets and expense reports. An easy way to track reimbursements and billable hours.

"Time Tracking"

What do you like best?

OpenAir is a cloud, browser-based, available anywhere solution makes it very easy to empower a mobile workforce to tackle things like time reporting and expense tracking & submission. OpenAir's UI was the best user experience we evaluated in the market place. The executive reports and data analytics are fantastic. The integration to SFDC has been tremendous in helping us manage from demand/pipeline to invoice

What do you dislike?

The Mobile experience is good, but could use improvement in changing the approval process while on a mobile devic

When evaluating OpenAir, consider your mobile & remote workforce. The latest roadmap from Netsuite OpenAir will improve the mobile user experience. We are looking forward to testing out the new capability.

OpenAir PSA review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"NS OpenAir"

What do you like best?

The automation and linkage to native netsuite is critical in runnning our business. Being able to manage projects, track time, resources, and expenses is key!

What do you dislike?

It is a bit complex and takes a while to get used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A major help in automating our professional services practice and provides detail view into each and every project!

Visibility and reduced leakage.

OpenAir PSA review by User in Financial Services

"Decent product"

What do you like best?

Formatting and various display options, flexible in that aspect

What do you dislike?

Tabs should talk to each other. Easy to not realize when you're not looking at up to date information is crazy to me. Should be instantaneous and constantly flowing.

Great hour tracking, lots of reporting features

OpenAir PSA review by User

"Good UI, easy to learn, good mobile app."

What do you like best?

The UI - intuitive. Easy for new users and for power users.

The mobile app is just as easy. We prefer it to the browser.

Reports are extensive. Lots of report templates to choose from.

What do you dislike?

Report writer has too many options. Wish they could create something simpler.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try before you buy - request an evaluation.

We use it for time sheets and expense reports. The mobile app saves time.

OpenAir PSA review by User in Computer Software

"Finally, a PSA solution that delivers what was promised"

What do you like best?

We needed a PSA solution that not only supported the complex requirements of our Services environment but also worked seamlessly with our Financial system of record. We have achieved this with OpenAir.

What do you dislike?

A little more time to Go-live than was hoped but this was offset by the fact that everything worked when we "flicked-the-switch"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it - speak to references, talk to their consultants - it actually works

Problems included: inaccurate billing, revrec issues, poor staff utilization, poor resource visibility, etc.

Benefits - resolution of the above and accurate KPIs helping manage our team much more effectively (Utilization rates, Margin, bench management, etc)

OpenAir PSA review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great agency software for project management, time keeping, billing and more"

What do you like best?

Excellent cloud-based platform. Home page design brings time reports, invoices, etc., all in one place once you've logged in.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve to get it set up and educate the staff, which can lead to growing pains for those unfamiliar with a professional services automation software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expensive tool, but industry leader in the cloud professional services automation space

Great tool for tracking time spent on projects, notifications for billings, tracking open invoices, etc., reducing the amount of manual accounting labor

OpenAir PSA review by Kevin V.
Kevin V.

"Openair"

What do you like best?

Openair's integration with netsuite has really been the most important piece for our adoption of openair. Previously we didn't have a PSA and did everything manually.

What do you dislike?

We would really like an updated interface and a customer facing system to work with customers on their implementation.

see above statement on what do you like best.

OpenAir PSA review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Looks simple - but extremely productive"

What do you like best?

The NetSuite OpenAir may at first glance seem to be simple, but the overall productivity it offers - makes it one of the best products in the market.

What do you dislike?

The user interface must color up with modern standards. Sometimes it's hard to find controls.

Tracking the time entries of resources, their vacation plans, PTOs and sometimes expense tracking.

OpenAir PSA review by Jason C.
Jason C.

"Cloud Computing Tools"

What do you like best?

I like how this product is a mulit-tenant solution. It also has a group of API's already built into the product and this makes it easier for integration.

What do you dislike?

Integrated scripting is good but does require some more customization than initially thought.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just ensure you are open with Netsuite about your current environments and be transparent.

This allows our teams to be able to develop applications faster and more effeciently than before.

OpenAir PSA review by Consultant in Publishing
Consultant in Publishing

"OpenAir APIs"

What do you like best?

There are well-documented APIs for reading from and writing to the tables (project, project billing rule, project billing transaction, and others). Custom columns can be added. There is a NetSuite bundle available.

What do you dislike?

The read operations are limited to 1000 table rows. There are other usage limits which, when exceeded, cause errors. There are certain characters which are not accepted in entry.

The company uses OpenAir for tracking time, projects, and budget. They use this info internally and present it to our clients when billing.

OpenAir PSA review by Li Wei X.
Li Wei X.

"OpenAir can help us record PTO days and Expense Report - billable or unbillable."

What do you like best?

I like the OpenAir can push the billable expense report to NetSuite system daily.

What do you dislike?

Hard to use OpenAir to do project time forecasting schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetSuite can provide many financial reports and data we need. We can run actual vs budget reports any time we want. So easy to understand our operation cost.

OpenAir PSA review by Kevin N.
Kevin N.

"The software is clunky; not intuitive."

What do you like best?

Daily hourly input is easy to use. Expense receipt capture on the iPhone is also easy to use.

What do you dislike?

summary reports are not clear and do not summarize information well

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a product that is easy to use on an iPhone or iPad

The applications on the iPhone and iPad are not useable

OpenAir PSA review by Executive Sponsor in Management Consulting
Executive Sponsor in Management Consulting

"Robust Structured Tool for Resource PLanning and Forecasting"

What do you like best?

The structured nature of the system has forced us to become more defined in our processes, and the decentralized nature of forecasting allows us to have a bottoms up view of the future.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is flexible, but the rigidity has forced us to create many custom calculations, and off-system solutions to the reporting we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know that there isn't a magic software that will do everything you want. With expectations, properly set, evaluate your needs, and then the solutions. OpenAir may suit you.

Top 2 benefits is resource planning, and bottoms-up decentralized forecasting.

OpenAir PSA review by Phil D.
Phil D.

"netsuite open air"

What do you like best?

a lot of potential. it is a good way to track costs.

What do you dislike?

its buggy. it's hard to learn without experience.

we use it to track of financial numbers and accounting. also use it for sales for various customers.

OpenAir PSA review by Mike H.
Mike H.

"Great PSA solution!"

What do you like best?

The elimination of the countless spreadsheets we needed to use to track services revenue prior to implementing Open Air. While we had a stand-alone time tracking system, but needed to extract the data and then painfully manipulate it in order to provide reporting, not to mention manually input the time data into the spreadsheets that were tracking revenue. Open Air eliminates almost all of the manual process associated with project financial reporting.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve with Open Air and you almost certainly need expert help in setting up. There are many switches behind the scenes that often are/are not activated and it takes awhile to understand what they all do and if you really need them. So the added cost of implementation and you really do need ongoing support until you get up to speed. But once setup properly, the rewards are well worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you spend the time on setup and implementation. Make sure you and your consultant walk through all the business needs and issues.

The biggest benefit 2qw the alignment of our professional services and finance functions. All of our critical project data was managed and tracked in one place and facilitated much more efficient collaboration. In addition to the elimination of the manual processes previously mentioned, the invoicing process was also much more efficient and timely given the milestone reminders that were setup in the system. We were able to report on profitability, margin, utilization and countless other metrics at literally a push of a button.

OpenAir PSA review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Flexible and get the job done"

What do you like best?

Easy to understand the basics like timesheet, expense, project, invoice and flexible with many options to customize to your process.

What do you dislike?

Wish there is more, help and documentation and how to especially around complex time ased reporting

Running a professional service business. Monthly process is down pat.

OpenAir PSA review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easiest and best expense report system I've used"

What do you like best?

Ease-of-use and simplicity. We used it as an expense management tool and project management system. It's very easy for our clients to get and start using this system.

What do you dislike?

Some of the challenges is more around proper training to use as an internal user. It can be confusing at first, but once you can get trained it's extremely easy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure you get proper training to set it up for the users.

I mostly use it as an expense management tool, it's awesome. Super easy and automated. It actually makes me want to do my expenses. :)

OpenAir PSA review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Good product for basic use, better with customization"

What do you like best?

OpenAir is an effective tool for Project time tracking. It may not have many bells and whistles but it serves its purpose. I also appreciate that OpenAir integrates with NetSuite. It saves us hours during month-end because we don't have to manually bill our professional services invoices. The invoices are created in NetSuite with a few simple steps. Integration between Salesforce and OpenAir also appears to work fairly well. It allows our Sales team to be apprised of the status of their clients' projects.

What do you dislike?

OpenAir isn't as user friendly as other SaaS systems I'm used to using, such as NetSuite and Salesforce.com. It's reporting leaves a bit to be desired, and customization appears to be fairly difficult. We also found that OpenAir doesn't have the most robust security. Since most of the information we have is not highly sensitive, it's probably not a huge issue, but it would be nice if they improved it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OpenAir seems to integrate fairly well with Salesforce and NetSuite, but it definitely works better when you use more standard integration than custom integration.

Aside from using it as a time tracking tool, which in itself has benefits, for me, in the accounting department, the integration between OpenAir and NetSuite has saved us countless hours in billing our professional services. As our volume of invoices has increased over the years, the amount of time we've needed to spend each month processing those invoices hasn't. As a high growth company looking to streamline our processes, this has been very helpful for us.

OpenAir PSA review by Consultant in E-Learning
Consultant in E-Learning

"Exceptional Tracking. Interesting workflows."

What do you like best?

After using OpenAir as our project management tracking base for customer implementations and upgrades from legacy systems for over 2 years I must admit that the reporting capabilities are awesome. OpenAir offers company and team leaders visibility into each team member's contribution, phases where a project may be stalled and syncs back into SalesForce beautifully. This has allowed us to track utilization of our staff for long-term resource planning, allowed us to track expenses for each project and allowed us a method to evaluate customers success in a timely way for each customer. Each staff member also has the ability to customer their own report and project views to their liking and work process.

What do you dislike?

At times, myself and staff find the drop-downs or navigation unclear. Toolbars often seem repetitive or unclear from a UI standpoint. I have seen OpenAir improve the UI design at least once over the last year and hope that this continues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's important to communicate the cultural benefits of the product to staff. Initially, during implementation, staff were suspicious that the product was being launched as a method of keeping tabs on team weaknesses. Although, OpenAir allows for that type of evaluation, we explained that the purpose was to judge when we would add staff members and if clients were having challenges implementing our systems and products.

Initially, we wanted a software solution that would integrate with SalesForce and to tie expenses with staff. Additionally, we wanted to automate our Professional Services team utilization to specific projects and costs, time and money. We have been able to reference the project Gantt or utilization reports concurrently with expenses and staff specific notes. In these ways our use of the product has been successful and we continue to expand it's integration into other departments.

OpenAir PSA review by Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.

"More power than we needed, but provided great guidance for our company."

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly pull reports on analyst productivity, project margins and revenue tracking. We implemented some integration with Saleforce.com, which alleviated a lot of data entry issues with initial project set-up.

What do you dislike?

The lack of integration with our finance package caused a lot of extra work with regards to double entry of data into the two systems. Managing user roles and permissions was daunting at time, it took a lot of trial and error to make sure project leads could edit the correct projects, and have access to the necessary resources, especially when resources were shared across teams.

We were users of the QuickArrow product, which was bought by NetSuite in 2009. QuickArrow was probably more suited to our business needs, which were resource allocation, time tracking and revenue recognition for a global market research organization of over 200 analysts. We did central resource management, and used the data to help us forecast resource needs. Our finance team pulled reports from the system in order to official recognize delivered revenue. When NetSuite retired QuickArrow, we were forced to transition to OpenAir, which has more bells and whistles than we really needed. They did work well with us to customize some areas to our needs, and helped with the data transition from the old system. I had a great relationship with our account manager at OpenAir, and appreciated his willingness to help us find solutions.

OpenAir PSA review by User

"the program has been very easy to use, and easy to show others how to use."

What do you like best?

i like how netsuite and ope-nair are linked, helps with ease of work.

What do you dislike?

nothing that i can think of at this time

i am able to easily see how much time and money is put into a project, and compare to the budget- Profit analysis

OpenAir PSA review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"OpenAir is user friendly and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I think that OpenAir is such a good platform that offers a very wide range of possibilities. Makes it so easy to have one platform to use for everything.

What do you dislike?

There’s nothing in particular I dislike about OpenAir. It gives me everything I need

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

We can track client projects so we are able to bill the client as needed. We have the capabilities to run lots of easy navigated reports.

"OpenAir!"

What do you like best?

OpenAir is a great all around tool for managing projects. It integrates well with NetSuite and makes life so much easier!

What do you dislike?

The bookings / resource module has gotten a lot of attention with updates recently, but there is still some work to be done (especially for the planner view).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research, and there are some great training's available for pre-implementation situations.

We are able to mange projects and resources like never before, track time and expenses with ease and route everything back to NetSuite.

OpenAir PSA review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Extremely buggy and poor usability, both on web and mobile."

What do you like best?

The colors are ok, but I think those were customized for our company.

What do you dislike?

For starters, the web interface is not intuitive. I have difficulty finding any of my time sheets or expense reports. There are too many filters to check, and even when I try to go for simple by setting everything to "All", I can't actually see "All" of my items. It is not designed to fit onto a regular laptop or computer screen. The UI is so wide that I have to scroll horizontally, which cannot be done easily using a mouse. This requires the user to go out of their way to grab the scroll bar and move it. While this might be ok for a user with a touch interface, such as a Surface, the majority of business users aren't provided those in their business environments. In addition, the reports are difficult to read and I don't have any confidence in their accuracy. Also I cannot be made a direct approver of the specific tasks on my project, which is a sub-project as part of a larger effort. Therefore I have no visibility into my resource's hours, and have to ask them to email me their hours each week in addition to filling in their timesheets, when this should be relatively easy to do in any timesheet application. Doing my weekly time and expenses has become a tedious and dreaded activity that consumes so much more of my time than it should.

Then, there's the mobile app. For the most part it works ok, and it's much simpler than the web app which makes me tend to prefer it. However, whenever I try to type a number amount, such as a 4, the app replaces the value with a 9. In addition, it doesn't allow me to use my own keyboard - it replaces it with an app-specific keyboard that doesn't have punctuation, so when I try to follow our company attachment naming convention (which includes an underscore) I have to type it in a note app and copy and paste it into the OpenAir app.

Lastly, I have attempted to contact OpenAir and/or NetSuite to discuss these issues I've been having. Not only can I not get in contact with anyone, there is no easy or intuitive way to reach the company.

All around, OpenAir is a really poor service. There are better products on the market and I would not advise anyone to waste their money on this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My only advice: Don't.

We've been using OpenAir as our time and expense reporting tool. There have been no benefits that I've observed or experienced - it has caused an increased workload and frustrations on all of our employees to accomplish what should be a simple task.

"Junior Accountant"

What do you like best?

Expense report function: detailed fields

What do you dislike?

Link between OA and NS and exporting function

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's good for the timesheet function and good when you use OA itself to track the ERs

Approve expense report daily

Pretty efficient to work with but it's hard when a certain ER can't be exported to NS

The ways how it recognize the subsidiary of an ER is random and accountant needs to manually create journal entries in NS to adjust the subsidiary or coding

"OpenAir Review"

What do you like best?

how customizable OA is to each business use case

What do you dislike?

sometimes you don't know what you don't know so would like to get more visibility into capabilities of OA in a more digestible format instead of just the admin guides, also there are just some parts of OA that makes sense to combine or have talk to each other but it doesn't currently

resource management, forecasting, project management, time tracking (utilization reporting)

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Summary reports by project and users. I like the new feature allowing to attachment on each receipt page .

What do you dislike?

Interface is still very basic and could be improved.

We use OpenAir for timesheets, expenses, reimbursements and client billing.

OpenAir PSA review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use and organized"

What do you like best?

Really easy to use and organizes the data we need for reporting.

What do you dislike?

Nothing top of mind, however I would allow time sheets to be submitted as Mon -Sunday, regardless if it is months end.

Time coding & tracking, expensese, project management (assigning task).

OpenAir PSA review by Boomchi K.
Boomchi K.

"Excellent Netsuite"

What do you like best?

The ease of entering and managing your projects is amazing, full view and control of your projects.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I just love this product , I have no complaints what so ever for this product

The granular view of each business unit.

OpenAir PSA review by Benjamin T.
Benjamin T.

"OpenAir for time tracking"

What do you like best?

Pretty straightforward interface to track time.

What do you dislike?

Dated interface, XML-only integration makes it a slight pain to write clients for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a choice, consider Harvest.

Used for time tracking.

"Controller"

What do you like best?

The ease of building reports and organizing information.

What do you dislike?

Billing projects individually once at month-end can be a time consuming process.

We are using Openair for project management, utilization reporting and other analytics, forecasting, resource planning.

OpenAir PSA review by Kevin L.
Kevin L.

"We are a NetSuite Solution Provider and we have helped four of our clients deploy OpenAir"

What do you like best?

Web Based, graphical resource scheduler.

What do you dislike?

Open Air was not developed on the NetSuite platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a complete ERP solution including financials, look at NetSuite SRP vs. OpenAir.

Helping companies maximize the profitability of their services organization.

Learn more about OpenAir PSA

OpenAir PSA Videos

Learning about OpenAir PSA?

* We monitor all OpenAir PSA reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.