OpenClinica

The OpenClinica Enterprise Edition is an enhanced, fully-supported build that is ideal for mission-critical settings.

Work for OpenClinica?

Learning about OpenClinica?

OpenClinica Reviews

Ask OpenClinica a Question
Showing 5 OpenClinica reviews
OpenClinica review by Vicente A.
Vicente A.

"OpenClinica makes it simple. Flexible, reliable and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I have had a great experience using OpenClinica EDC during the last 3 years with several studies (Observational studies, Registries and Clinical Trials). It´s a web based solution to build and manage multi-sites clinical studies.

It´s a powerful platform, great user support, Data Entry and DM capabilities makes everything simple.

Super User Training is very helpful for data managers when building CRFs.

OpenClinica offers Cloud Services. No need IT skills for installation and setup.

What do you dislike?

Implementing certain complex validation checks can get a bit technical. Creating custom visual reports can be involved unless you have purchased the OpenClinica Insight product.

The study build and CRF designer allows re-use across studies. Updates and amendments are a simple process. Audit trail is excellent and easy to track and data extractions are available in several formats whenever is needed for the statistician.

Data management capabilities improves data quality and productive monitoring. Most CRAs were pleased with the system.

If regulatory submission is required, the Regulatory Support Package service is highly recommended.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about OpenClinica
OpenClinica review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great system with many capabilities"

What do you like best?

This system can be personalized to your clinic to include whatever is relevant for you. As a genetics clinic, the field is constantly changing and OpenClinica has the capabilities to keep up with all the changes we need. It is also helpful that it can work with another system we use, Progeny, to match up people for data inquiries. I am impressed that OpenClinica is available for all types of research and not just genetic since it works so well for us, I previously assumed they specialized in this area.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Subject Manager, which we use to look up people's OpenClinica's ID numbers, could be better integrated. It works, but it has a totally different look to OpenClinica.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before purchasing OpenClinica, make sure it has all the features you need for your study. It seems versatile and like your group can have a lot of say as to what fields go into the database and the different options. Be creative when setting it up as it has an astounding number of features and capabilities.

OpenClinica helps us track patient data in a relatively simple but comprehensive manner. Although much of the same data is available through our electronic medical record system, it is much harder to pull and is not always in a format that is easy to work with. OpenClinica keeps all of our relevant information in the same place, and importantly, does not have much of the extraneous data that we would likely get if pulling records from the hospital directly.

What Clinical Trial Management solution do you use?

OpenClinica review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Good capability and features, a bit lacking in UX"

What do you like best?

It gets the job done. As a data manager and monitor I find OpenClinica to contain all of the functionality that I need to administer studies, users, and CRFs (including versioning).

What do you dislike?

The navigation, location of features, and overall user experience seems lacking. OpenClinica does offer good support but initial feel when navigating the interface does not seem intuitive. Also, the built-in checking system (data edits, queries) has the potential to be clunky and interfere work flow in smaller-scale studies. Finally, certain features seem to require OpenClinica support (e.g., randomization), and I'd like to be able to make site-level changes to studies but it seems unable to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend others to try a demo to see how the team likes it.

I use OpenClinica to administer clinical research studies at various sites. It gets the job done but does require some training for staff to get comfortable and confident.

OpenClinica review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"OpenClinica gets the job done, but not in a user-friendly way"

What do you like best?

I like that I am easily able to return to a matrix view of all of my participants enrolled in the study, and easily able to see what CRFs I need to enter for each patient in order to have a complete dataset. I like that I am able to enter CRFs in any order, so that I can continue to capture data for participants that is in a later CRF while waiting for data in an earlier CRF to be communicated to me by doctors and other hospital staff.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that as in the coordinator view, I am unable to make changes to a CRF once I mark it 'complete," and need to have an administrator open the CRF back up for me to amend anything. I also do not like the amount of times I need to click in order to enter a CRF. My final complaint is that there are many things on the screen that I do not need to see or have access to that clutter my view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have patience when learning to navigate the system - it does take some time to locate all of the features that you will want to use.

I am collaborating with a number of academic healthcare systems to create a patient-provider research network. I have realized that Openclinica allows all of us to be able to enter a large amount of data in real-time globally.

OpenClinica review by User

"OpenClinica"

What do you like best?

The eCRF system is very basic and easy to understand. The questionnaires provided to patients is easy with clear instruction and prompts for compliance.

What do you dislike?

The support response time could be better. Emails take a few days to be addressed.

Improving data entry, patient compliance.

Learning about OpenClinica?

* We monitor all OpenClinica reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.