OpenCV

OpenCV is a tool that has has C++, C, Python and Java interfaces and supports Windows, Linux, Mac OS, iOS and Android for computational efficiency and with a strong focus on real-time applications, written in optimized C/C++, the library can take advantage of multi-core processing and enabled to take advantage of the hardware acceleration of the underlying heterogeneous compute platform

Work for OpenCV?

Learning about OpenCV?

OpenCV Reviews

Showing 22 OpenCV reviews
OpenCV review by <span>Deepak S.</span>
Deepak S.

Computer Vision Library Implemented in C++

What do you like best?

openCV is the library for implementing computer vision algorithms using python.It provides all sorts of algorithms like color masking,color tracking,converting image to gray scale and also you can implement hand recognition using openCV with very less effort.Also it is the well known library and so you can get full support of it online.It is the best CV library for implementing CV algorithms using python.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about openCV for python but it is not available for python3 and its setup for python2.7 is also a little hasty and difficult task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using openCV to computer vision developers because it makes your work easy to implement those tough algorithms and focus on developing the thing you need to develop.Also it has great support sources available which is also one of the reason for recommending openCV

I use openCV for implementing various computer vision algorithms with machine learning for my software using python.It has best support available on the internet.I have developed various modules for my project using openCV and i was easily able to implement those on client system as well.So it is very good library for python.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about OpenCV
OpenCV review by <span>Yash R.</span>
Yash R.

Computer Vision Library For C++ and Python

What do you like best?

OpenCv was basically developed for c++ and as the world progressed they transformed the library into python library.I have used its python library to perform various computer vision applications like gesture recognition ,face recognition,color tracking,eye ball tracking and many more and I was easily able to implement those using opencv library for python.It is very simple to use and just by viewing certain examples you can easily code your requirement.

What do you dislike?

openCV is so far the best CV library for python so it has nothing to dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using openCV to those who are fluent in using python because openCV for c++ is little hard to use according to me but for python its just few lines to code and you get a working face recognition model.If you want implement such algorithms of Computer Vision using python openCV library is the only option that you should have.

I use opencv to implement the computer vision algorithms in python for integrating them into the software that client requires.I have implemented Face recognition,Color tracking and hand recognition algorithms using openCV in python and it worked smoothly without any flaw so I just love openCV.It is the best CV library.

What Image Recognition solution do you use?

OpenCV review by <span>Ben L.</span>
Ben L.

Using OpenCV with node.js is a great solution for high level computer vision tasks.

What do you like best?

We've used OpenCV on a handful of projects. For each one, we've been able to accomplish a difficult Computer Vision (CV) task with relatively little engineering effort. This doesn't mean it hasn't taken any work, but that it's taken significantly less work and expertise than building a custom solution. Using OpenCV with an adapter like Cylon to a high-level language allows for rapid prototyping of ideas that include or rely on CV.

What do you dislike?

OpenCV, when used with its native interface, is often difficult to implement against. You need a developer knowledgeable about CV and that also knows either C or C++. This is not easy to find in the current job market. In general, OpenCV paired with adapters to higher level languages alleviate this need. Particularly on the server side, working in node.js is very natural and allows the front and backend stack to stay in the same language.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm definitely a proponent of OpenCV. I've used it in multiple projects and despite not having a strong background in CV, it's met my needs and allowed us to ship products using it as the technology underpinnings.

Rapid prototyping of a human-digital signage platform, feature extraction for educational document scaning and automated grading, computer-human interaction engine for a smart cooking assistant, as well as several other CV-based features. We've implemented on the desktop and server-side in addition to implementations on more memory confined platforms like mobile devices (iPad/iPhone).

OpenCV review by <span>Jash S.</span>
Jash S.

Cross Platform Computer Vision Library

What do you like best?

Open CV is the best computer vision library.There are many things which I like the most about open CV.You can easily track faces in a image.You can easily convert any image to grayscale for manipulation. You can also take any source such as a image or a video stream easily.You can easily track objects in an image and there are many more features about it.OpenCV is also available for python due to which you can combine the power of python with computer vision.

What do you dislike?

OpenCV is best cross platform CV library and there is nothing to dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is recommended because it is very easy to implement computer vision algorithms in python using openCV.It just makes your work look much easy.The ease of implementing face recognition and face detection at your required scale is just awesome.

We use openCV to implement computer vision in our system such as finding objects in traffic.Finding people in crowd,Face detection,Face recognition.We also develop many deployable softwares using openCV for our clients according to their specification.

OpenCV review by <span>Kartik B.</span>
Kartik B.

Best Open Source Computer Vision Library

What do you like best?

It provide everything needed for computer vision in machine learning or AI.You can easily detect the contours from the source and manipulate them according to your need.I have developed many programs using openCV.You can easily save image using imwrite or else similiarly read using imread from any local source.Also you can use live stream from camera as a source stream.You can easily convert any frame to b/w using openCV,So openCV is a perfect open source computer vision library according to me.

What do you dislike?

Seriously openCv is like GOD to us because without openCV we will have to code each and every line required for CV so no other thing like openCV exists,it is best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for developing softwares using computer vision and for that no other library availaible in market is open source and as good as openCV so openCV is the only and best option for CV functionalities.

We use openCV to integrate facedetection,hand recognition,face recognition in our softwares through python and openCV because in this era we really require the above features for security as well as luxury features so for that we use openCV because no other thing helps us do so with so much ease.

OpenCV review by <span>Harsh P.</span>
Harsh P.

Computer Vision Eased

What do you like best?

- It is open source.

- It has multiple language support, I have used it in C++ as well as python.

- It has all the algorithms one need to perform Computer Vision tasks.

- If I talk specifically for python, the great thing is it easily blends with famous and useful libraries like numpy and matplotlib

What do you dislike?

It is the only library I rely on for carrying out Computer Vision tasks and the interesting thing is I haven't faced any issue using it as it has a huge community support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are various sources for learning OpenCV, I suggest newbies not to rely on official documentation as it is not as clear as different implementations you can find on web.

Building various Computer Vision algorithms, and using the same in different projects we build in our organization.

Learning about OpenCV?

* We monitor all OpenCV reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.