OpenOffice Draw

Makes drawing business processes and diagrams a snap!

Work for OpenOffice Draw?

Learning about Apache Draw?

Compare OpenOffice Draw to Similar Solutions

OpenOffice Draw Reviews

Showing 32 Apache Draw reviews
Apache Draw review by <span>cesar m.</span>
cesar m.

OpenOffice Draw is a really practical app

What do you like best?

I love how quick and easy I can create three-dimensional figures with this program. in my opinion it is easier to create figures in this program than in Photo shop to be honest.

its simplicity make this program shine, once you check a couple of tutorial you are good to go and let you creativity goes wild.

What do you dislike?

I think the layout of this program is the only problem I have so far. It really looks like a Windows 98 program, although I can not be too critical since this program is free. but I feel that I had to point out this problem because at some point clients prefer that the designer works with the most complex program to create their projects, although most of the time it will be the same outcome if I work with Photoshop or OpenOffice draw. That's why I think that the design of this program takes a lot of credibility since it looks like Paint from 1998

The other thing that I do not like about this program is due to its simplicity. I feel that I can not find another practical use beside to create figures, draw something or create a logo.

It helps me save time at the moment I need to create a figure like fruit , cell phone, furniture or even a background. Since I have been using this program for more than 2 months, quality and efficiency have increased.

Another thing is to create logos now it's easier with OpenOffice draw , it takes me 10 to 15 minutes, of course if I have a clear idea of what I have to do, but in Photoshop it takes me around 20 minutes or more since most of the time I forget where some of feature are locate.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about OpenOffice Draw
Apache Draw review by <span>Andrew S.</span>
Andrew S.

OpenOffice Draw software review

What do you like best?

OpenOffice Draw software implements opensource philosophy, all documents import / export are stable and clear, meet open document standards, cross-platform, compatibility.

Everything an ordinary and advanced user a needs for making visualizations inside or outside documents staying in OpenOffice suite environment. I have not used this feature a lot but OpenOffice Draw has objects manipulation functionality to rotate in two or three dimensions; the 3D controller allows you to create spheres, rings, cubes, etc. in a quick pinch. Built-in and pluggable (extensions) image galleries. Works with common image formats (import/export), able to create and edit flash files. GUI can be customized by OpenOffice and icon themes. It is free, open-source software package, cross-platform and very compatible.

Different wizards with templates for document formats. Built-in Pdf export, the same as other OpenOffice packages. A long list of functions: document templates, frames, mail merge, a style manager, section-based headers and footers, and much more.

What do you dislike?

I do not find feature to dislike in OpenOffice, except high memory consumption with certain configuration. I needed to search the internet for making it faster with some performance and optimization fine-tuning. Many sites and tutorials advice to migrate to LibreOffice and/or choose other alternatives for office software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A best free alternative for Microsoft Office similar products, following Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) standards. Free,useful and intuitive.

Using primitives i can draw / create beautiful imagery for different purposes ( diagrams, chart, embed photos, etc.).

What Diagramming solution do you use?

Apache Draw review by <span>Gerardo S.</span>
Gerardo S.

Create your designs perfectly

What do you like best?

You always can create whatever you want without using programs like paint in your computer, it is funny and the images you draw look naturals. The desings are created by selecting the set of tool this program has in a board, gradually we can select those what we want to create.

What do you dislike?

I like it, is very easy to me, it has multiples characteristics that help me to draw those logos I need in my store, but rarely in cannot be drawn well due to the simple set of tools implemened.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will recommend it to everyone, it has easy tools and the best important, you can import information.

I have created a new logo with its respective slogan, my store really needed it so it came in good time to help in my desire about creating my brand. Its benefits has mainly been to bring me draw my own design.

Apache Draw review by <span>Laura G.</span>
Laura G.

The best for exhibitions

What do you like best?

This program is very easy to install and use. It can be used in any operating system (Windows, Linux or Mac). We can use it the whole family, since it is very useful to make diagrams, brochures, vector drawings. This application allows the integration of text, photos, etc. To generate courses is extremely comfortable, since we can have the study material and do the class. Excellent program to make publicity announcements and flow diagrams, mental maps, conceptual maps, among others, since we can synchronize images with text specified by the user. Handles all types of images and their files can be used on any computer. It is an application of easy use and you learn very fast, since you do not need sophisticated knowledge to use it. It can be associated with other tools to obtain a better benefit.

What do you dislike?

The structure of the slides is lost when used in proprietary software. The format of other similar software is not maintained, a lot of information is lost and, paractically, the work must be done again.

It is very didactic and easy to use, the versatility of the menu allows you to easily navigate and find the options you require comfortably. You can add the experiences of activities and avoid workshops. It allows me to do the courses in a summarized way and so I can explain it with images to the students in less time than stipulated.

Apache Draw review by <span>Shafin T.</span>
Shafin T.

Excellent open source package for diagramming & flowcharts

What do you like best?

Free. Very easy to learn. Can be used to illustrate absolutely anything like Flowcharts, layouts, designs, etc. Can export to all graphical file formats. Love the smart connectors for flowcharts.

What do you dislike?

May discontinue support in the future. Does not have support to import CAD or Revit files. Would love to see other 3D formats integration as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has almost all features as Visio and does not cost anything. Give it a try. Its easy to learn and images can be exported to all graphical file formats.

Quick illustrations for our baggage system designs, flow diagrams, layout of airport check-in lobbies, etc.

Apache Draw review by <span>Marcos Gabriel C.</span>
Marcos Gabriel C.

OpenOffice Draw

What do you like best?

My favorite thing is that it is free.

You can export in many different formats like GIF, JPEG, PNG , TIFF etc

You can add textures, lights , images.

You can use what you create with almost every others software, so have a good compatibility.

What do you dislike?

Small learning curve. To be expected. Very easy if you've had any experience with graphics programs.

However, it must be emphasized that the program delivers 95-98% of what the casual user would require.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an advanced user , just let openoffice draw for who don't require to do complex projects.

I use this program for my business of graphic work and minimal logo designing.

I've been able to create simple graphics for reports and presentations.

Learning about OpenOffice Draw?

* We monitor all OpenOffice Draw reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare OpenOffice Draw to Similar Solutions