OpenTable Connect

Reserve. Relish. Repeat. The simple and confirmed way to make a reservation whenever, wherever you're hungry. Find out what happens around the restaurant table.

Work for OpenTable Connect?

Learning about OpenTable Connect?

OpenTable Connect Reviews

Showing 33 OpenTable Connect reviews
OpenTable Connect review by Tyler C.
Tyler C.

"Great Tool"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that using their easy customer connect tools via texts helps us track our "wait list" and "incoming guests" before they are seated and while they walk around our resort property before dining. It allows us to keep a steady flow of seating and keeps us from having to put someone on the phones to manages reservation confirmations and reservation changes.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to not like. While I completely understand the legal elements of not using this tool for marketing, I would like for the guest to be able to opt-in to future marketing from us via text and for that platform to be built out. Not something I "don't like" - but perhaps something they could build into the system in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To date, you can try it for free - give it a try. I think you'll love it. The biggest advantage to the hospitality and restaurant industry is the reduction of payroll dollars.

It keeps the host engaged with the guests in front of them and it keeps down on labor by not having to have someone on the phone managing reservations the entire day.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about OpenTable Connect
OpenTable Connect review by Daniell S.
Daniell S.

"Reliable and user friendly but very expensive. "

What do you like best?

I love that the open table platform is very reliable, we have never had an outage or any significant tech issues, and any issue that comes up is resolved almost immediately and there is an update to the app within days to permanently fix the issue. The customer service is also great, easy to get ahold of and friendly representatives. It is easy to use and also easy to train staff.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how Opentable uses my customer base information to "suggest" my competitors if my reservations are full for the evening, I also don't like that if someone books through my site that they are sent competitive marketing. It may actually be costing me money... Open table is very expensive compared to its competitors, I realize that open table brings diners from its exclusive network of diners, however my business is fortunate enough to have a huge following and great free press to drive diners to my location. The online reservations are not customizable to control costs, so I am paying $49 a month for my own customers if they book through my site and an additional $1.25 per cover booked through open table. I wish that I could limit availability to different platforms- open table, Facebook, my own site. It would help control costs and also give me an idea of how many people are driven because of open table vs other marketing, social media, reviews, etc... I honestly have intended to cancel several times because of the cost to go to a competitor (yelp, who also brings a substantial network but doesn't charge extra,and also doesn't "suggest" my competitors if my reservations are full) but the reliability has kept me here. Once I feel yelp has a reliable platform I will switch, I will save more money than it will cost me to terminate the contract early.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need the customers open table claims to provide absolutely! If not check out the others

We have used 2 other platforms and they were not reliable or updated in real time as fast as open table.

What Restaurant Reservations solution do you use?

OpenTable Connect review by Emily C.
Emily C.

"Not as user friendly as previous version "

What do you like best?

I do like the more streamlined display. It is easier to see the tables and to plot out your floor plan or make edits when needed.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be SO many extra steps to everything now. Drag and drop is a thing of the past to seat a table without hitting other buttons first. To move a table is multiple steps. To cancel or no show. To assign server sections. You name it, it now has all these extra steps. On a busy night there is nothing worse than being delayed by extra buttons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ugh. If you haven’t updated yet, do yourself a favor and keep the old terminals and old software!! Your FOH team will thank you.

Flow to the restaurants. It helps to gage how many you can seat and when.

OpenTable Connect review by Alicia S.
Alicia S.

"Reservation Ease"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use this application has to offer for making reservations for our restaurant. I can search guests names make adjustments, enroll them in email and text alerts and more.

What do you dislike?

there is really nothing to dislike. it keeps up with how many visits a guest has. it may be beneficial to add time and date specifically when reservation was made.

it really helps when we are organizing special events and wine dinners. we can see real time where every one is seated when someone is over booked and where issues may arise.

OpenTable Connect review by Cesar H.
Cesar H.

"Useful for the restaurant industry"

What do you like best?

OpenTable was extremely useful for reservations (online or making them via phone), keeping track of tables being taken during a busy night, as well as a good addition to the events side of things by keeping everything on track.

What do you dislike?

Some processes, like making a reservation, are weirdly long to accomplish as well as tedious. In addition, the interface and look of the software itself are kinda dated, which is not same for the public which I guess also counts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a try. It eases the reservation process with their online tool and makes it super easy for the customers.

OpenTable helps by keeping everyone and everything in one place. It facilitates the hostess job as long as the manager is doing a good job when updating and setting up OpenTable.

"Open Table"

What do you like best?

It's user friendly. I like how we can keep profiles and visit history on all of our guests. It has an phone app so I can access it easily off site. It's convenient to access using your smart phone or on your laptop. I work remotely as a Sales Manager so it's great to be able to access our reservation system and make updates while on the road using my iphone or from home when I'm logging in. We can communicate easily with our teams by leaving notes for the Host and Operations team with last minute changes to events. I like that we can adjust room and seating availability easily to control our online reservations and walk ins.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if we could merge duplicate profiles if needed. Also, we have Private Dining rooms and it would be helpful if we could change the floor plans or save templates and use as needed. Also,have access to print them nicely for guests.

I would improve the customer service availability during peak hours.. I find when we have an issues during peak times we end up on hold for a long time or the online chat is not available for a quick question.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Open Table connect because it's convenient to access using your smart phone or on your laptop. I work remotely as a Sales Manager so it's great to be able to access our reservation system and make updates while on the road using my iphone or from home when I'm logging in. We can communicate easily with our teams by leaving notes for the Host and Operations team with last minute changes to events. I like that we can adjust room and seating availability easily to control our online reservations and walk ins.

It's convenient to have access to Open Table on our phones and that it updates in real time so our Chefs can easily see changes with covers for the evening.

OpenTable Connect review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Definitely a must have!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to find tables around your area and make reservations on the go. You don't have to worry about finding a number or having to call and make a reservation. Also it is nice because sometimes the restaurant won't have any tables available but open table will. It's also really nice when you are on vacation you can see a variety of places that you didn't know existed.

What do you dislike?

It's very limited in regards to the number of restaurants they have listed. I wish they had more chains or local places available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's so easy to use and it makes finding a restaurant and reservation painless. They don't have every restaurant available on the app which can be frustrating sometimes, but it is definitely worth using. It's definitely something to have on your phone, especially when you are meeting clients, and decide last minute to go out to dinner, you can book a reservation right then and there.

It's very simple and pain free to make a reservation. Plus for those of us who plan stuff last minute it's nice that we could quickly get a table and don't have to wait hours for a table to open up.

OpenTable Connect review by User in Higher Education

"Review from a restaurant hostess"

What do you like best?

At the restaurant I work at, we use the iPad version at the host stand, and it's a plus that it's pretty simple. There aren't too many bells and wistles on the iPad interface, so it makes seating a table really easy.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it allows reservations to be made 10 minutes before the person walks in. We have to manually block every table if we don't w3ant a reservation to just "pop up" right at the reservation time. I wish the software was a bit smarter - sometimes it seems like Open Table has a mind of it's own and some of the automated features (such as automatic assigning of tables) doesn't make sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do suggest it, although I don't have anything to compare it to, as I haven't used other restaurant seating systems. It's easy to use but you have to be careful if your restaurant is super busy, because it often over-books tables.

I work at a very busy restaurant, and we take reservations for any size party, so this allows our customers to do this with ease. It's a really interface on the iPad, and only takes a second to seat a table on the system.

OpenTable Connect review by Louis C.
Louis C.

"Useless for booked restaurants "

What do you like best?

Sorry, every time I see a restaurant use this platform, I cringe. The layout is nice and clean, easy to use. The reviews section is a nice touch, it offers a balanced assessment of their Food, Service, Ambiance and Noise, using averaged ratings.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, many of the most popular restaurants (e.g. those that you need advanced reservations) use this platform. I'm finding myself having to go date-by-date, hour-by-hour to find availability.

Without the ability to "see all availability" it's impossible to "Find a Table".

For booked restaurants, why not add a calendar or list of open days and times so the customer can choose from what's available?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably a great platform for less busy restaurants, impractical for those that are booked quickly.

I'd like to be able to find a day/time that's open to reservation at popular restaurants that book months in advance. This platform doesn't offer a solution to this use-case.

OpenTable Connect review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"I use OpenTable whenever I can to make restauarant reservations."

What do you like best?

I like using OpenTable to make restaurant reservations. It is very simple to use and the quality of the restaurants is great. I also like earning rewards for using OpenTable.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike about OpenTable. Maybe when it blocks you from making more than one reservation within a 2 hour window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is try it you will like it. It is very easy to use. The information is usually correct. I like that the menus are online.

I wouldn't say I am solving a business problem but you gotta eat. The benefits I have realized is getting rewarded for something you need to do at any good restaurant anyway, have a reservation!

OpenTable Connect review by Kelsey W.
Kelsey W.

"Open Table Review"

What do you like best?

Extremely user friendly, headache free and allows communication in all areas with FOH

What do you dislike?

Organic business is able to access app, and book 10 minutes prior to arrival which can and does cause conflict.

As an event coordinator/ planner I am able to quickly see allfuture reservations and planning ahead of time, which helps with a quicker response time to space requests. I am also able to access the data from anywhere.

OpenTable Connect review by Kristopher W.
Kristopher W.

"Great app!"

What do you like best?

I have used this app several times, and have always been impressed by how simple and easy it is to use!

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it works as advertised. Perfect for all types of occasions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a reliable way to reserve a table, this app is it!

You never have to wait again for a lunch meeting or dinner meeting. Just reserve, and show up. It's that easy.

OpenTable Connect review by User in Financial Services

"OpenTable - the easiest way to make a reservation"

What do you like best?

I love that this site lets me find and make a reservation at almost every restaurant I visit. This site makes it easy to make the reservation and provides me all reminders of the upcoming reservation.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I can't find the table and time I am looking for, but that isn't OpenTables issue

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this to anyone that needs to make a reservation.

The benefit to me is that I can make a reservation without having to make call after call to get a time. I also don't have to wait while they find the available time.

OpenTable Connect review by Marissa E.
Marissa E.

"Great Product for making last minute reservations"

What do you like best?

ability to make last minute reservations for VIPs and Board members during our events

What do you dislike?

many restaurants won't let you make reservations for large parties

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product, I recommend that everyone download the mobile app so they can use it on their own as well as for business functions.

accommodating last minute business dinners or appointments for our executive director

OpenTable Connect review by Heather B.
Heather B.

"So easy to make reservations!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use interface-searchable in different ways and helpful to locate available reservations. Nice to have all of the restaurant information and reviews all in one place.

What do you dislike?

Not all available reservations are listed on the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to use it every time you go out to dine-accrue points for free certificates!!

Very easy to make reservations when entertaining clients.

OpenTable Connect review by Caitlin M.
Caitlin M.

"All Restaurants Need This!"

What do you like best?

Great for floor management! OpenTable makes it simple to organize your reservations and check on their status!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can get funky on you, but this isn't too often of an occurrence, and OpenTable support can usually fix it!

We're creating a better experience for customers by providing more in-depth utilization of our facilities.

OpenTable Connect review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Booking with convenience"

What do you like best?

It’s the most convenient way to book and confirm restaurants and look good for clients. I love the personal touch of having a location call me or text to confirm

What do you dislike?

Lack of restaurant information. I wish there was more ways to categorize or organize the choices

It allows me to be discreet when booking

OpenTable Connect review by Jesse N.
Jesse N.

"Open table opens possibilities a frees up resources"

What do you like best?

Phone access. Ease of use. Variety of restaurants.

What do you dislike?

Menu style and access to more restaurant information. Style choices

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. Direct staff to use it and Dave time and money.

Directing guests to make their own reservations on their time. Less personnel needed to man front of restaurants.

OpenTable Connect review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Customers can make reservations through opentable and it saves time

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes difficult to teach the program to new hires because there are several steps in seating tables

It’s nice to be able to see the reviews that customers leave and be able to see the time they are, how many in their party, what time their reservation was for, what time they actually showed up and be able to make that connection to remember the specific diners

Administrator in Hospitality

"Open table on a daily basis"

What do you like best?

It's very user friendly when creating a reservation

What do you dislike?

I would like to go back and be able to look at previous reservations

easy booking for guests and easy cancellations if needed

OpenTable Connect review by Steven L. C.
Steven L. C.

"Look For a Place"

What do you like best?

Easy to look up a place to eat with an "open Table." No fuss.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular, use infrequent but easy none the less.

None

Administrator in Hospitality

"Easy to use interface, positive results"

What do you like best?

Simplicity is there. I have found that both web and mobile platforms work well. I like having customization of venue details.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to mention. It works as it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for leads, I recommend it for the purpose of presence.

Booking private dining leads and seeing a positive trend. Very easy to use and notifications are sent to the "right" people.

OpenTable Connect review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"OpenTable Connect Review"

What do you like best?

-Ability to be look at the reservations/bookings with a few clicks

- Guestbook notes help in making decisions

What do you dislike?

- Slightly older User Interface. Maybe introduce widgets that will help the users further

- Being able to see the future reservations and planning ahead of time

- Being able to access the data from anywhere

- Better manage restaurants

OpenTable Connect review by User in Financial Services

"Excellent app especially for business lunches "

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. They notify you of incoming customers and it is free to start

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the app can glitch a bit but nothing bad yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try now while they have a free trial

Keeps business on social media for people to look at menus pictures and business lunches. It’s almost guaranteed business

User in Restaurants

"Open Table is convenient and efficient "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that all of my reservations are organized

What do you dislike?

I dislike how in the server section tab you can’t mark tables as seated

Recommendations to others considering the product

Open Table connect is a necessity in the restaurant industry, and it will increase business

Open Table makes booking reservations easy and organized

OpenTable Connect review by User in Computer Software

"great tool for the resturant"

What do you like best?

great for reservations and keeping track of tables available

What do you dislike?

There is nothing really to dislike. Its easy to use and drives business

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this tool its a business driver

It keeps staff engaged with guests and frees up staff from taking calls all day

OpenTable Connect review by Agency
Agency

"My opinion "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is easy to see what's available. And easy to use. Just

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. I would rate it ten.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have any.

We are able to save time. We don't have to wait.

OpenTable Connect review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"OpenTables should be the only reservation system on the market"

What do you like best?

It's extremely easy for customers to use and just as easy for employees to use as well.

What do you dislike?

The monthly cost to use OpenTables is what made my employer switch systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's expensive but it is nearly headache free

Overbooking restaurants and accurately seating customers.

Administrator in Hospitality

"Vastly expands our reach"

What do you like best?

Allows us to gather more reservations without any extra work, web integration

What do you dislike?

Commission per reservation is very high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best in the business

Pulling guests in to our restaurants who may have not known about them.

OpenTable Connect review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Review"

What do you like best?

Liked the easy integration of only resos updating in live time with our restaurants system

What do you dislike?

Automatically assigned tables, difficult to assign users.

Restaurant wait times and reservation systems as well as keeping the restaurant organized.

OpenTable Connect review by User

"Amazing!"

What do you like best?

So simple and easy to use, very organized

What do you dislike?

Don't like the flex mode, prefer the slot mode!

if we can have an option to go back to slot mode instead of flex mode

"open table"

What do you like best?

user friendly & increases reservations by 75%

What do you dislike?

deleting unreasonable bad comments. long wait for customer service

Open Table is an easy way to track repeat guests. Has increased reservations by 75%

OpenTable Connect review by Administrator

"Certified Open Table Master"

What do you like best?

So easy to use. Excellent customer service.

What do you dislike?

Occasional glitches that cause major problems with seating for special occasions

Streamline reservations. Easier for guests.

Learning about OpenTable Connect?

* We monitor all OpenTable Connect reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.