OPERA Property Management System

4.0

OPERA PMS provides all the tools a hotel staff needs for doing their day-to-day jobs - handling reservations, checking guests in and out, assigning rooms and managing room inventory, accommodating the needs of in-house guests, and handling accounting and billing.

Work for OPERA Property Management System?

Learning about OPERA Property Management System?

OPERA Property Management System Reviews

Ask OPERA Property Management System a Question
Showing 19 OPERA Property Management System reviews
OPERA Property Management System review by Susannah F.
Susannah F.

"Opera is a really solid Property Management System"

What do you like best?

it works great and is fast and it is easy to use. it was implenteted well and synched the informaton from our clients and customers seamlessly. can you it for building and maintenance and for contacting and for billing people and replying and sending documents and sending instructions

What do you dislike?

it look a long time to learn and there are a lot of parts

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is the best and easy to use and fast and you can learn it just takes some time to learn but once you have it you will love it so definitely buy it it is worth the price. try it out I think there may be a free trial to use the system

i can manage properties better and know my places and didn't know and have since realized that I can review a lot of property stuff. Can contact clients and make payments online and send bills. can answer questions and provide instructions. sending documents and helping keep good face with customers. everyone seems to like to use the product more than before so more people use it so we can do business more effectively because people are actually using the sodftware instead of doing thingsin their head or on paper

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about OPERA Property Management System
OPERA Property Management System review by User

"The brain of the hotel"

What do you like best?

This is a flexible search tool. Guest profiles can be searched in multiple ways and pretty quick. It shows some user support with quick and smart shortcut. The tool can be used by multiple positions which allowing information to be integrated and well-structured. Enormous database enabling effective and thorough history tracking.

What do you dislike?

Poor design. Opera looks like an outdated 90s app. The tool shows very user-friendly interaction. Process speed is not consistent while lagging occurred occasionally. There're some glitches and errors occurring on a daily basis that makes the data entry somewhat difficult. Some familiar errors are reported several times but not fixed. There's no way to report a problem or interactive way to communicate directly from user end to the system. Opera does not integrate well with other systems such as online reservation system. All online booking has to be edited by the hotel agent to make information uniform. It runs pretty slow for check in/out process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need alot of human resources in the reservation department to polish data to make every booking uniformed, workable. Should work closely try to intergrate different the systems.

I worked with OPERA everyday as a reservation agent. This is an effective system for large scale hotel in managing a great deal of guest and booking data.

What Hotel Management solution do you use?

OPERA Property Management System review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"User-Friendly"

What do you like best?

As a first-time Opera user, it was really easy to figure out. There's also "Are you sure?" type messages that pop up before making a big change to a reservation that might cause issues down the road. In that aspect, it's hard to mess up someone's reservation. It's also cool how you can track virtually everything that each individual does. For instance, you can see who changed what reservation, or who checked in/out each guest.

What do you dislike?

Whenever I have multiple Opera windows open, it tends to run slow and will even crash on me if I have the maximum number of windows open. Sometimes it's helpful to have so many windows open at once because I'm often doing a lot of different things at once, but not so helpful when it crashes right when I'm trying to assist a guest!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend.

Opera is incredibly easy to use and has tons of features that allow the hotel to run smoothly. You can add notes for the next shift of workers, you can pre-check in people, you can do virtually anything you want within Opera.

OPERA Property Management System review by User

"Oracle Hospitality Management - Opera PMS"

What do you like best?

I like the way that I am able to manage all aspects of my business through this program.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is not much that is intuitive about this program, most of the functions require extensive training in order to utilize their functions.

I have relished the benefit of having all of the compnents of front Desk management rolled into one program. I am able to handle a/r, front desk, accounting manage rooms and waits, as well as maintain files on all of my clients.

OPERA Property Management System review by Dosha S.
Dosha S.

"Well over 10 years in Hospitality"

What do you like best?

Opera is by far my favorite PMS product used in over 4 properties. The functionality, ease of use and all its plugins help with the overall operations of a Hotel!

What do you dislike?

The biggest downfall is Opera support... Its during the escalation process that just is way too time consuming!

Overall operations of the hotel, from check in go every thing in between (including dividing the house for housekeepers) emergency reports, rolodex, cashiering all the way to check out.

OPERA Property Management System review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Organized Software to Assist with Hotel/Vacation Ownership"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how all of the buttons and menus for Opera are easy to understand and use. There are shortcuts to get to specific menus/windows needed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it looks. It looks like it came straight from Windows 95, like it hasn't been updated in years. Also, I continuously have problems with it crashing while I am trying to print reports for End of Day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clean up and modernize the look of Opera and fix crash bugs within the system. Particularly with working on files requiring Adobe Reader/Flash.

Opera helps us keep our records up to date and in-sync with other Property Management Systems. All details are printable or can be made into a readable report.

"Good, but buggy"

What do you like best?

Opera is a pretty straight forward program, it is much simpler to use than Epitome. I like that their commands are easy, and the user friendliness of the program are great.

What do you dislike?

Opera, although good, is still buggy. Our property is at least once every two months having issues with it. Every day, I would say it freezes on me at least once. In my opinion, it is still better than Epitome, but jeez. I also do not like that it only allows you four windows at one time. I sometimes need 5 or 6 and it just won't let me.

We use Opera to assign all our room reservations, and to update our room rates.

OPERA Property Management System review by Angela S.
Angela S.

"Oracle Hospitality Review"

What do you like best?

Constant up to date videos of problem solving for employes

What do you dislike?

Dont always agree with how to problem handle guests

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has all business ascepts that are needed for any Hotel. Opera has unique programs individually for easy training for the different postions for employes

The problem handling videos and tests help better our interactions and problem solving with the guests

OPERA Property Management System review by Consultant in Hospitality
Consultant in Hospitality

"Overall pretty straightforward, minimal issues"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed the easy to use interface (as I am not a very computer friendly person).

What do you dislike?

The downside to the operating system is the amount of times it froze up and restarted or shut down due to multiple things going on at once in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall "update" to systems front page appearance and interface. It could use a freshening up!

We utilized the system for booking rooms, from hotel rooms to banquet rooms, etc. It was helpful to have one system for all different departments to have a central booking software.

OPERA Property Management System review by User

"Complex system but not hard to navigate"

What do you like best?

My coworkers and I use Opera for our job at a hotel front desk. It's my first time ever working in this type of role and using this kind of system so at first it was a lot to learn but it's actually relatively easy to navigate once you learn it.

What do you dislike?

It still has an old school look to it, like a 1990s video game.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Since I am new to this kind of role and this kind of system im not sure I can really answer this question.

Administrator in Hospitality

"Opera PMS System for hotel company"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, and ability to create reports and data manually as needed.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is slow to respond when we open issues.

Using this PMS makes things easier for our staff, so they can book reservations quicker with our guests

User in Hospitality

"Use daily to make and manage reservations"

What do you like best?

Opera is extremely user friendly. It is easy to find what you're looking for and is great for people who are just learning the hospitality business.

What do you dislike?

Opera runs extremely slow at times, it also drops communications often, causing reservations to become stuck in OXI and throw inventory out of balance.

It allows for new agents to easily learn how to make reservations.

"Overall a good system"

What do you like best?

When it’s working properly it’s a very good system.

What do you dislike?

The system is often down for maintenance during my shift to where I can’t do anything.

Everything we need for me to run my night audit shift is at my fingertips and I can access it quickly.

OPERA Property Management System review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Opera PMS Review"

What do you like best?

I liked the organization, and different windows for the reservations.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it looks. The display looks really outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it!

The business problems were that it would crash a lot, however the benefits is it’s universal.

OPERA Property Management System review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Opera is the most convenient system I've ever used"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is very accessable and clear to use

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes it lags and is slow

We solve all of our problems with Opera and we never have any difficulty solving them

"User Friendly "

What do you like best?

Very easy to operate and easy for training for new hire

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such.it's simple and user friendly to operate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing

Revenue

User in Hospitality

"Great reports and history record keeping"

What do you like best?

That there are so many reports that you can pull.

What do you dislike?

That the Opera systems vary from brand to brand

Recommendations to others considering the product

play around with it

History, group pick up reports

"Opera user in hotel"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, straight forward, big logos

What do you dislike?

It is outdated, slow, constantly down for updates

Can detect theft

"Opera"

What do you like best?

Manages the property efficiently, makes things easier

What do you dislike?

Not very user friendly when learning....

Managing large property

Learning about OPERA Property Management System?

* We monitor all OPERA Property Management System reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.