Opera

Opera offers free and easy to download Web browsers for computers, mobile phones and devices.

Work for Opera?

Learning about Opera?

Opera Reviews

Showing 17 Opera reviews
Opera review by <span>YoYo F.</span>
YoYo F.
Validated Review

Great browser that I use daily.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Free VPN. Built-in adblock feature. In these ages, a free VPN is a must have, especially for marketers who want to see what there search engine results look like from other parts of the world. And for people who want to keep their search engine history from the prying eyes of the government.

And Opera has always been on the up-and-up with it's innovations. Heading the browser innovation by being the first to have tabs, being the first to come up with private browser, first to come up with browser sessions, etc, etc . It's also surprisingly fast.

What do you dislike?

I'm still getting use to it's UIs. Oh and the advertisements in the new tab dashboard is a pain, but they have to make money somehow. Even Mozilla Firefox which has added "sponsored" websites to it's tabs page and it's open source.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, it's free. And worth the shot. Especially considering that it has a free VPN built in.

Helps me browse the internet faster and with a VPN. More privacy controls, and general greatness. VPN is what brought me here because I need it for my development/marketing needs. And the general fast speed and great extensions is what made me stay.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Opera
Opera review by <span>Laura M.</span>
Laura M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I adore the new in-browser ad-blocking feature. I no longer have to download a separate extension to block the ads that were making some websites impossible to access.

What do you dislike?

There are still the occasional website that claims they do not support Opera and suggest I use Chrome instead. Unsurprisingly the website still functions fine in Opera. I guess my only dislike is that websites continue to snub a browser that works better than the other browsers on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chrome is slow and can bog down your computer by taking up all available memory to access the internet. I've had Chrome freeze up both my mac and pc. Firefox, while still a decent browser, does not offer in-browser ad-blocking. Your business and accounts are safer online if you use Opera to access the internet.

I use it for web development testing. If it works in Opera, it is more likely to work in both Chrome and Firefox. I only have to make a couple small adjustments to ensure the site works as expected in IE.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Browser solution do you use?

Opera review by <span>Arvind K.</span>
Arvind K.

Opera User

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I use Opera for mobile phones. Its a good UI for mobile.It has secure browsing , It has features mouse gestures , making browsing experience more fun .

What do you dislike?

Opera is not compatible with all the webpages , There are no add-ons , There is no RSS , update your browser means having to download again master .Opera has no progress bar for loading websites , Some websites do not load properly in Opera.

As Opera has smaller user base , It is less targeted , Some sites will have problems with supporting Opera because of its small popularity

Opera review by <span>Daniel L.</span>
Daniel L.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Opera has quite a memory - my saved tabs from a few years ago came right back up when I just newly installed the latest Opera version after having uninstalled it long ago. The browser is pretty fast and open in how it is loading data. It is flexible with supported formats.

What do you dislike?

It crashed as I was finishing playing a video on crash, and it sometimes can run slowly. Various websites display with basic and rather ugly fonts and font sizes that other browsers don't use...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, but don't put it in the A list next to Safari/Chrome/IE 10.

Opera review by <span>Alejandro A. C.</span>
Alejandro A. C.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I'm using safari and opera as my browser options. I've tried using chrome but it hasn't so far, not as good as Opera to me. I know they've been around for a long time. I do remember the Opera + Eudora combination which was a very good one, and I know I can use Opera as a backup on my mac for certain, understanding it will work out just fine.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it just works out very fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, it works out just fine :)

Opera review by <span>Ruban K.</span>
Ruban K.

Only for outdated devices

Validated Review
What do you like best?

For outdated machines, Opera is the right browser. It gives almost all the features that the modern browsers offer.

What do you dislike?

Cannot be used in the modern machines. Very old UI and slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have not made the switch to latest upgrades like Win7/8, OSX, iOS, Android. Use only opera. Works well in Symbian for mobile too.

Learning about Opera?

* We monitor all Opera reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.