Opera

3.5

Opera offers free and easy to download Web browsers for computers, mobile phones and devices.

Work for Opera?

Learning about Opera?

Opera Reviews

Showing 24 Opera reviews
Opera review by YoYo F.
YoYo F.

"Great browser that I use daily. "

What do you like best?

Free VPN. Built-in adblock feature. In these ages, a free VPN is a must have, especially for marketers who want to see what there search engine results look like from other parts of the world. And for people who want to keep their search engine history from the prying eyes of the government.

And Opera has always been on the up-and-up with it's innovations. Heading the browser innovation by being the first to have tabs, being the first to come up with private browser, first to come up with browser sessions, etc, etc . It's also surprisingly fast.

What do you dislike?

I'm still getting use to it's UIs. Oh and the advertisements in the new tab dashboard is a pain, but they have to make money somehow. Even Mozilla Firefox which has added "sponsored" websites to it's tabs page and it's open source.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, it's free. And worth the shot. Especially considering that it has a free VPN built in.

Helps me browse the internet faster and with a VPN. More privacy controls, and general greatness. VPN is what brought me here because I need it for my development/marketing needs. And the general fast speed and great extensions is what made me stay.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Opera
Opera review by Aaron D.
Aaron D.

"A smooth web browser with a built-in VPN"

What do you like best?

Opera is easy to install and works smoothly with just about all of the websites I normally visit. It has many convenient sidebar features that make it easy for me to pull up different tools and options. Other things I like in Opera that I haven't seen in other browsers is the Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp buttons. That's really convenient for me since I use both of those apps quite often.

What do you dislike?

Opera isn't really one of the most widely used browsers, so there are sometimes issues with not having extensions available for it. Though there's a built-in VPN, we can set the location for it. We basically get a random location as far as I know. If there is a way to change the location, it's not obvious to me how to do it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though Opera isn't as widely used as other web browsers, I'd recommend you try it out with the websites you visit often. Even though the performance might seem slight, I've noticed over time that this browser feels smoother and more intuitive. It's very easy to install and download, so it shouldn't take long to try out on multiple computers.

Opera lets me smoothly visit many types of websites with different types of coding structures and media. I can check my email and use online apps like Google Docs with it. I've used it to set and import bookmarks that I frequently visit. I also use it for accounting and other financial purposes without experiencing any security problems.

What Browser solution do you use?

Opera review by Marcus F.
Marcus F.

"A modern and smooth browser with great website compatibility"

What do you like best?

Opera is generally a very reliable browser that can successfully load most pages I visit regardless of how they're programmed. For instance, it can load websites with Flash, JavaScript and PHP applications that other web browsers may have trouble loading. There are extensive settings and options like browser caching, bookmark importing, privacy levels and more that help to tailor my browsing experience to my particular needs. I also like that there is a VPN built right into the browser, which is something other popular browsers don't have.

What do you dislike?

I think the default layout isn't as user friendly as some other browsers I've used, such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Though I can still access most of the tools with problems, I feel like the top toolbars and main menu aren't as streamlined as the other browsers. It would be nice to be able to customize the layout of buttons and such more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend trying out the VPN in Opera for increased security and privacy. If you run into any problems accessing websites with it, you can simply turn it off for those particular websites. I'd also suggest adding quick links to your home menu, which can allow you to access your commonly visited website with just a click of a button.

Opera has provided me with a reliable way to access most business websites I visit. I feel like it has the highest success rate for loading websites and usually loads them in the way they were meant to be viewed. I can also archive websites for offline viewing when I need to read articles or other business information at a later time.

Opera review by Claudia H.
Claudia H.

" A friendly interface search engine"

What do you like best?

This search engine is highly ordered, both the tools and the search space are visible and well located. In addition, I love the design they have to place the sites that one frequents and the ease of locating or adding them.

What do you dislike?

Although it is considered one of the fastest search engines, in reality it sometimes gets as slow as others, especially when downloading pages with flash. This slowness makes you have to change the search engine many times, which takes time and generates more work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The design of the page and the tools they offer will be to your liking, once they navigate through Opera they will not want to change except in case of emergency.

Because of the simplicity and order of the interface, it is very useful to search for information quickly. It also allows placing and locating sites of companies and institutions to which we must access daily.

Opera review by Gustavo M.
Gustavo M.

"Opera a useful browser"

What do you like best?

I like the capacity of this browser to connect all sites easily and quickly.

The new version is interesting because it includes the possibility to be connected on Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp without leaving the current page you are visiting, and some other extensions like Instagram.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that sometimes it stays in a loop that don't let you to change between tabs, I'm not sure whether it's attributable to Opera or windows version, but I think you should review it.

When Internet connection is too slow the browser lose connection, then the web page is not reachable or it becomes too slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good browser, it is easy to use and perfect if you want to have your favourite pages on sight.

Surfing the web has become in an interesting experience, because it is really faster than the rest of the browsers I have used before.

Opera review by Chris V.
Chris V.

"A smooth browsing experience and great alternative to IE"

What do you like best?

Web pages generally load pretty quickly and accurately in Opera. I've been using other browsers like Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari for years and found that this browser is just as good or better since it has a built-in VPN that some of those browsers don't have. Opera also has all the basic features you'd expect like bookmarks and history clearing, which are all pretty simple to use.

What do you dislike?

Since it's not one of the most widely used browsers, there's always some uncertainty about whether websites are optimized for it. The marketplace of extensions isn't as vast as some of the other browsers, at least for the extensions I typically use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Opera is definitely worth a try, especially if you've only used one or two browsers for a while, which I think many people do. It's free, so you don't have anything to lose. You may find that your browsing experience is smoother and safer from viruses.

I can have a smooth and reliable web browsing experience that is secure. I can quickly go to frequently visited websites through the bookmarks and also import and export the bookmarks to other web browsers.

Opera review by Jimmy M.
Jimmy M.

"Simply the best Internet Browser"

What do you like best?

It´s so much fast than the other browsers.

Come with a VPN function.

It has an AD blocker function.

It works on every operative system (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, IOS, even others not so popular OS).

It has a dedicated features to use Whatsapp, Telegram and Facebook Messenger chat inside the browser.

Very easy to use and adapt.

Modern Interface very pretty.

Dark theme.

What do you dislike?

It doesn’t have parental controls.

The externsion market it doesn't have too many apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have many memory ram or want to use the most modern browser use Opera

Surfing the Internet it's very fast, easy and secure with this browser

Opera review by Laura M.
Laura M.

"My preferred browser for accessing the internet"

What do you like best?

I adore the new in-browser ad-blocking feature. I no longer have to download a separate extension to block the ads that were making some websites impossible to access.

What do you dislike?

There are still the occasional website that claims they do not support Opera and suggest I use Chrome instead. Unsurprisingly the website still functions fine in Opera. I guess my only dislike is that websites continue to snub a browser that works better than the other browsers on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chrome is slow and can bog down your computer by taking up all available memory to access the internet. I've had Chrome freeze up both my mac and pc. Firefox, while still a decent browser, does not offer in-browser ad-blocking. Your business and accounts are safer online if you use Opera to access the internet.

I use it for web development testing. If it works in Opera, it is more likely to work in both Chrome and Firefox. I only have to make a couple small adjustments to ensure the site works as expected in IE.

Opera review by User

"Free and reliable for smooth browsing"

What do you like best?

This browser has lots of plugin options to extend it beyond regular browsing, but it does do just browsing very well. They have a built in VPN for user security and can load just about any website the way it was meant to be viewed. Navigation the menu and settings is simple and straightforward with graphical icons. We can clear the browser or check out our search history quickly.

What do you dislike?

It's not the most widely used browsers, so there's always a question of whether we're seeing things like most people are seeing them. There aren't as many extensions as other browsers, but I don't use many extensions anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is good to at least have as a backup browser. You can use the built in VPN feature which isn't something many browsers have. It's free and usually runs smoothly without crashing. If you have a browser like IE that tends to have security issues, then this might be a good alternative.

We can quickly and smoothly browse web pages knowing we have a safe and secure browser. We can download files and find them easy by going directly to the download folder. We can run communication websites like chatting or voice call sites without many problems.

Opera review by Arvind K.
Arvind K.

"Opera User"

What do you like best?

I use Opera for mobile phones. Its a good UI for mobile.It has secure browsing , It has features mouse gestures , making browsing experience more fun .

What do you dislike?

Opera is not compatible with all the webpages , There are no add-ons , There is no RSS , update your browser means having to download again master .Opera has no progress bar for loading websites , Some websites do not load properly in Opera.

As Opera has smaller user base , It is less targeted , Some sites will have problems with supporting Opera because of its small popularity

Opera review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"This browser works alright, but their Mac OS X version appears to be buggy"

What do you like best?

Opera has quite a memory - my saved tabs from a few years ago came right back up when I just newly installed the latest Opera version after having uninstalled it long ago. The browser is pretty fast and open in how it is loading data. It is flexible with supported formats.

What do you dislike?

It crashed as I was finishing playing a video on crash, and it sometimes can run slowly. Various websites display with basic and rather ugly fonts and font sizes that other browsers don't use...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, but don't put it in the A list next to Safari/Chrome/IE 10.

Opera review by Alejandro C.
Alejandro C.

"Very good plan B option for Mac users :-)"

What do you like best?

I'm using safari and opera as my browser options. I've tried using chrome but it hasn't so far, not as good as Opera to me. I know they've been around for a long time. I do remember the Opera + Eudora combination which was a very good one, and I know I can use Opera as a backup on my mac for certain, understanding it will work out just fine.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it just works out very fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, it works out just fine :)

Opera review by Ruban K.
Ruban K.

"Only for outdated devices"

What do you like best?

For outdated machines, Opera is the right browser. It gives almost all the features that the modern browsers offer.

What do you dislike?

Cannot be used in the modern machines. Very old UI and slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have not made the switch to latest upgrades like Win7/8, OSX, iOS, Android. Use only opera. Works well in Symbian for mobile too.

Opera review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"if you are worried about data usage"

What do you like best?

simple low data hog browser for your mobile device

What do you dislike?

Some webpages don't get translated properly, but that is rare

cost savings on mobile data

Opera review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"Really ... Not for a PC"

What do you like best?

Not much to like here. I have tried it on a mobile device and it's not bad, but not great either. Speed is only thing it's got going for it as I feel like it's faster than I.E.

What do you dislike?

On a PC, it's horrible. The graphics quality is poor; the screen looks like a screen shot image that you resize when placing on a PowerPoint slide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a PC, don't waste your time. There are far superior browsers out there to use.

Opera review by Bobby H.
Bobby H.

"Okay alternative to the big three"

What do you like best?

It works, nothing really to say otherwise. Lacks features that others have

What do you dislike?

It's rather bland and there are so many better options available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Okay if you have to use Linux

Opera review by Valdas K.
Valdas K.

"Works where no other browser does"

What do you like best?

I inherited one Windows 2000 workstation with a few tricky custom installs. IE stopped working, Chrome was nagging about the update, yet couldn't complete it due to being on old OS. Surprisingly, Opera had no problem getting installed and doing great job.

What do you dislike?

Not much. It gets the job done right, where I needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

May not win the race with other browsers, yet still works well on very old systems.

Opera review by Kryz O.
Kryz O.

"Better on mobile that PC. But not the best "

What do you like best?

Great when installed on a mobile phone. The PC version feels clunky and some websites come out looking odd.

Overall its ok and a lot better than IE,

What do you dislike?

Websites don't work properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

check out google chrome or firefox

Opera review by Jared T.
Jared T.

"Cant see using this browser over Chrome or Firefox"

What do you like best?

Its not a bad browser, supposed to be good on mobile

What do you dislike?

While not terrible it does have some compatibility issues with CSS where it does not look quite the same. Checkboxes on forms look odd.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While not a bad browser I can't see any compelling reason to use it over Firefox or Chrome.

Opera review by Eugene C.
Eugene C.

"Opera mini - compression mobile browser saves bandwidth and faster page loads"

What do you like best?

Compression provides for faster page loads and reduced bandwidth vs the stock Android browser. I've used it as an alternative browser if I have problems with the standard browser; however, there are increasingly other alternatives such as Dolphin HD and Skyfire

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the pages scale irregularly and there are occasional crashes. Lacks the stronger social media features that skyfire has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a fast page loader, on occasion, it's good to have this available. For greater plugins, consider Dolphin; or more stable use of Flash (at least, until jellybean android comes on), consider Skyfire.

Opera review by Grigori E.
Grigori E.

"Still most popular mobile browsers"

What do you like best?

Well, maybe plenty of people with disagree with me but it's still the best and let me tell you why

1. small app size

2. running on all platforms (including J2EE) which is important for countries where people still using Symbian and other non-smartphones

3. Adjustable for any screen resolution

4. Saving bandwidth

What do you dislike?

n/a

Recommendations to others considering the product

keep running your business

Opera review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Is Opera even relevant any more?"

What do you like best?

I agree with the other reviewers that it is a small application that runs pretty quickly. So if you're runny old hardware, it will work well for you.

What do you dislike?

It lack everything all the other browsers have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only for those who are on old hardware.

Opera review by User in Computer Software

"Major Lack of Support"

What do you like best?

Opera has been a solid browser for a long time.

What do you dislike?

Most websites are not created with Opera support in mind, and this causes some incompatibilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you have been using Opera already, look at Chrome or FireFox.

Opera review by User in Capital Markets
User in Capital Markets

"Not relevant anymore"

What do you like best?

It was a groundbreaking browser in it's time, being one of the first to adopt CSS. Opera is still under active development, though no one really uses it. I think it is more popular in Europe.

What do you dislike?

Due to its lack of market share in the US, not all sites support Opera.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not worth adopting a browser that no one uses. Go with Chrome or Firefox instead.

Learning about Opera?

* We monitor all Opera reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.