Opera

Opera offers free and easy to download Web browsers for computers, mobile phones and devices.

Work for Opera?

Learning about Opera?

Opera Reviews

Showing 20 Opera reviews
Opera review by <span>YoYo F.</span>
YoYo F.

"Great browser that I use daily. "

What do you like best?

Free VPN. Built-in adblock feature. In these ages, a free VPN is a must have, especially for marketers who want to see what there search engine results look like from other parts of the world. And for people who want to keep their search engine history from the prying eyes of the government.

And Opera has always been on the up-and-up with it's innovations. Heading the browser innovation by being the first to have tabs, being the first to come up with private browser, first to come up with browser sessions, etc, etc . It's also surprisingly fast.

What do you dislike?

I'm still getting use to it's UIs. Oh and the advertisements in the new tab dashboard is a pain, but they have to make money somehow. Even Mozilla Firefox which has added "sponsored" websites to it's tabs page and it's open source.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, it's free. And worth the shot. Especially considering that it has a free VPN built in.

Helps me browse the internet faster and with a VPN. More privacy controls, and general greatness. VPN is what brought me here because I need it for my development/marketing needs. And the general fast speed and great extensions is what made me stay.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Opera
Opera review by <span>Gustavo M.</span>
Gustavo M.

"Opera a useful browser"

What do you like best?

I like the capacity of this browser to connect all sites easily and quickly.

The new version is interesting because it includes the possibility to be connected on Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp without leaving the current page you are visiting, and some other extensions like Instagram.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that sometimes it stays in a loop that don't let you to change between tabs, I'm not sure whether it's attributable to Opera or windows version, but I think you should review it.

When Internet connection is too slow the browser lose connection, then the web page is not reachable or it becomes too slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good browser, it is easy to use and perfect if you want to have your favourite pages on sight.

Surfing the web has become in an interesting experience, because it is really faster than the rest of the browsers I have used before.

What Browser solution do you use?

Opera review by <span>Chris V.</span>
Chris V.

"A smooth browsing experience and great alternative to IE"

What do you like best?

Web pages generally load pretty quickly and accurately in Opera. I've been using other browsers like Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari for years and found that this browser is just as good or better since it has a built-in VPN that some of those browsers don't have. Opera also has all the basic features you'd expect like bookmarks and history clearing, which are all pretty simple to use.

What do you dislike?

Since it's not one of the most widely used browsers, there's always some uncertainty about whether websites are optimized for it. The marketplace of extensions isn't as vast as some of the other browsers, at least for the extensions I typically use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Opera is definitely worth a try, especially if you've only used one or two browsers for a while, which I think many people do. It's free, so you don't have anything to lose. You may find that your browsing experience is smoother and safer from viruses.

I can have a smooth and reliable web browsing experience that is secure. I can quickly go to frequently visited websites through the bookmarks and also import and export the bookmarks to other web browsers.

Opera review by <span>Laura M.</span>
Laura M.

"My preferred browser for accessing the internet"

What do you like best?

I adore the new in-browser ad-blocking feature. I no longer have to download a separate extension to block the ads that were making some websites impossible to access.

What do you dislike?

There are still the occasional website that claims they do not support Opera and suggest I use Chrome instead. Unsurprisingly the website still functions fine in Opera. I guess my only dislike is that websites continue to snub a browser that works better than the other browsers on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chrome is slow and can bog down your computer by taking up all available memory to access the internet. I've had Chrome freeze up both my mac and pc. Firefox, while still a decent browser, does not offer in-browser ad-blocking. Your business and accounts are safer online if you use Opera to access the internet.

I use it for web development testing. If it works in Opera, it is more likely to work in both Chrome and Firefox. I only have to make a couple small adjustments to ensure the site works as expected in IE.

Opera review by User

"Free and reliable for smooth browsing"

What do you like best?

This browser has lots of plugin options to extend it beyond regular browsing, but it does do just browsing very well. They have a built in VPN for user security and can load just about any website the way it was meant to be viewed. Navigation the menu and settings is simple and straightforward with graphical icons. We can clear the browser or check out our search history quickly.

What do you dislike?

It's not the most widely used browsers, so there's always a question of whether we're seeing things like most people are seeing them. There aren't as many extensions as other browsers, but I don't use many extensions anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is good to at least have as a backup browser. You can use the built in VPN feature which isn't something many browsers have. It's free and usually runs smoothly without crashing. If you have a browser like IE that tends to have security issues, then this might be a good alternative.

We can quickly and smoothly browse web pages knowing we have a safe and secure browser. We can download files and find them easy by going directly to the download folder. We can run communication websites like chatting or voice call sites without many problems.

Opera review by <span>Arvind K.</span>
Arvind K.

"Opera User"

What do you like best?

I use Opera for mobile phones. Its a good UI for mobile.It has secure browsing , It has features mouse gestures , making browsing experience more fun .

What do you dislike?

Opera is not compatible with all the webpages , There are no add-ons , There is no RSS , update your browser means having to download again master .Opera has no progress bar for loading websites , Some websites do not load properly in Opera.

As Opera has smaller user base , It is less targeted , Some sites will have problems with supporting Opera because of its small popularity

Learning about Opera?

* We monitor all Opera reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.