Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Optima Therapy for SNFs

3.7
(33 reviews)

Optima Therapy for SNFs provides skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities with the industry’s leading therapy management solution. With streamlined operational, clinical and billing workflows, you can focus on what you do best—caring for people—while running a smarter, more efficient therapy business.

Work for Optima Therapy for SNFs?

Learning about Optima Therapy for SNFs?

Optima Therapy for SNFs Reviews

Ask Optima Therapy for SNFs a Question
Showing 34 Optima Therapy for SNFs reviews
Optima Therapy for SNFs review by Tyler E.
Tyler E.

"Optima has it's issue, but is decent"

What do you like best?

I truly love that Optima provides our company with data warehouse access, although at a fee. The user interface is good for the industry. The amount of data collected is greatly detailed and each customer will, without a doubt, find a plethora of useful data points with which to work.

What do you dislike?

The customer service could be better and it's unrealistic to charge customers for custom reports. The user interface, although decent, could use some serious work. Optima tends to focus primarily on it's new products and platforms, thus leaving it's flagship software to struggle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Casamba as well.

They provide electronic documentation services for therapists. The electronic filling system streamlines most of the work performed by the therapist. It also provides detailed records of each therapists daily interactions with patients.

Optima Health Care is also used within the company to track direct billing information and to invoice our customers on a monthly basis.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Optima Therapy for SNFs
Optima Therapy for SNFs review by Ashley S.
Ashley S.

"Point of Care is very user-friendly."

What do you like best?

I like that you can use a touchscreen device while documenting with Optima in Point of Care, which is very convenient and time efficient. I also enjoy using a documentation which does not require being connected to WiFi.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you are unable to sign your labor hours, view/edit the schedule for following weeks, view productivity, or view other therapist's schedules in Point of Care.

Time/efficiency with documentation, easy access to all documentation including daily notes, evaluation, progress notes, recertifications, and discharge summaries, decreased chances of losing notes, convenience with pre-loaded descriptions to allow for POC documentation

What Medical Practice Management solution do you use?

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Optima is wordy and the goals dont make any sense using the built in choices"

What do you like best?

fairly easy to manage minutes and schedules

What do you dislike?

If there is an area such as pain. You have to address it on every daily note? And Patients don't describe their pain in the words provided. And the drop downs and more things to fill out is time consuming and redundant. If the patient has a comorbidity that is affecting their performance but are not directly treating it, optima makes you address it anyway. If PT is addressing it why do I need to address it as well??

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel that it is wordy and redundant. Goals don't make sense using the choices provided. Wastes a lot of time addressing things that may not even be part of POC.

easy MDS's, easy management of RUGS

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by Tina W.
Tina W.

"Rehab Optima: well "Optima" ;)"

What do you like best?

System is user friendly with projections and creating therapiat schedules. The build in close outs are helpful to avoid errors with billing and documentation. The build boxes are helpful for documentation.

What do you dislike?

I receive error messages on a daily basis for multiple items. If just closing the document or page that created the errors does not work if I log out and log back in it typically works but it does not help with efficiency at all!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Way the pros and come, it can be frustrating at times but does not have the redundancy or time-consuming functions as other rehab documentation systems.

Providing effective and thorough documentation in an efficient and productive manner.

"PT at SNF"

What do you like best?

I like the flow of the evaluation assessment, the ability to free-type in the clinical assessment/patient presentation sections, the ability to build goals quickly while completing the eval. I like the assignment board section. I like the labor log section and find it easy to scroll through.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that when scheduling we are not flagged if a patient has a progress note due that the evaluating therapist must see them--we have had numerous times where the PTA accidentally sees the patient instead on that day and the note by the PT is completed late. I do not like that during the evaluation you cannot jump around (example: from clinical presentation page back to MMT page) without scrolling through the entire eval. I do not like how the daily note makes you answer regarding pain, caregiver communication, complexities, response--I have already included these in my daily note and it makes me less efficient to re-type this info. I do not like that the evaluation is not specific for doing outpatient evaluation and assessments--such as for back related diagnosis vs hip vs shoulder. I do not like that we are not blocked from scheduling patients in projections based upon their frequency from evaluation (example--I had accidentally only set the plan of care during eval for 2x/week when I had meant to schedule for 3x/week and the rehab tech then scheduled the patient for 3x/week which was not caught for weeks because projections allows scheduling outside of the set plan of care). I do not like how when viewing documentation due dates you cannot eliminate daily notes--I am always having to strain my eyes to find the progress note/updated plan of care/evaluation forms. I do not like how my daily notes get erased because other disciplines such as OT may be completing their note at a similar time.

Our representative periodically visits and listens to our concerns/questions. There has been a transition being pushed from optima to point of care. I have worked in both and personally find that point of care is less efficient for me compared to optima.

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by Tracy F.
Tracy F.

"Optima is always ahead of the curve with the latest regulatory and payment changes"

What do you like best?

I love that I can count on Optima to always know and understand new regulations and have a strategic plan for how the software will need to accommodate these new rules. They offer webinars aimed at both the administrative and clinical users so everything is in place before a rule goes live.

They also listen to and value customer input. The system is intuitive and user friendly thus diminishing training time.

What do you dislike?

They don't have a comprehensive way of communicating known defects, so we waste time reporting things they already know about and are working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Develop a good relationship with a specific customer service/support person.

Read release notes, announcements, and ask a lot of questions to ensure you have all the information available.

Optima has a very efficient way of helping our teams manage patient scheduling in coordination with the prospective payment system. We rarely have errors in scheduling or billing. Integration with Point Click Care has streamlined our ability to communicate/coordinate information with our customers.

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by Lori  T.
Lori T.

"Optima Impacts our Business"

What do you like best?

Optima consistently works with our organization to allow customized documentation opportunities, facility specific business intelligence tools, and outstanding customer support. The Online help system is key for our therapists and Rehab Director's daily success!!!

What do you dislike?

Adapting our visual memory between the desktop version and Chromebook version requires a learning curve. Having the same interface despite hardware would be an asset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Optima offers a streamlined approach for managing therapy minutes/schedules/MDS values. Optima's documentation capabilities allow users to customize the needs of the user and fulfill organizational visions.

The construction of our BI Tool and the documentation library upgrade are two areas our organization are working thru. Optima is able to customize so many facets of our business.

"Optima Therapy Usage"

What do you like best?

Customer support is great. You either get calls or emails back on any open tickets you may have. You do sometimes have to be patient if they are training new staff. Being able to integrate Optima with the customer's software so our staff don't have to double document or scan our documents into the other software.

What do you dislike?

When rolling out new upgrades, there are always defects.

We use the BI and data warehouse to have custom reports. This helps manage our business more effectively. We have the customer's physician use our Optima CliniSign which allows the physician's to electronically sign our documents. Once signed the document will flow into the customers software if integrated.

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by Rachel S.
Rachel S.

"Physical Therapist with inpatient SNF rehab"

What do you like best?

I like having the clinical impressions section and initial subjective allow for free writing to give a better picture of the patient

What do you dislike?

For exams there is not a good space to indicate orthopedic or neurological testing beyond very basic strength/ROM/sensation testing. Which boxes to click to find what section you are looking to comment in isn't intuitive. Not enough space for free comment in general for a better description of how the patient looked while completing tasks

I do like that the precautions section carries forward from each note for improved pt safety.

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Good program, errors often"

What do you like best?

I like Optima because it is very user friendly. It is easy to navigate and has many directional within the pages. I also like the availability of the training videos right on the program.

What do you dislike?

It is very upsetting to therapists on Point of Care when users lose their notes due to errors. They have to delete all of the history to be able to get back in, and in doing this, erase all of their non-synced documentation.

We use Optima for therapists to document as they work with patients. When it is working well, Point of Care is a great tool for documenting while with the patient and being able to do both without losing focus.

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Rehab Optima is user friendly and allows free range for evaluating therapists."

What do you like best?

I like that optima is user friendly, and easy to navigate. I like that it allows evaluating therapists to use a build feature for goals or custom goals for individual patients. The evaluations are laid out in an organized manner that allows for easy retrieval and look-up of patient information. I like that the progress notes show previous week's notes to compare and build from.

What do you dislike?

Rehab optima does not have a spell check or grammar feature which can be frustrating when trying to type quick notes and evaluations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great documentation tool for evaluating therapists as it allows therapists to custom goals specific to each patient. Therapists have freedom to comment and attend to patient deficits in the evaluation and have freedom to write and update goals as necessary. The system is easy to use for beginner and expert level computer users.

We use optima for all of our documentation. It has a great copy feature that allows therapists to copy forward patient information regarding prior level of function and patient history in order to allow for easy retrieval of patient information.

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by Denise C.
Denise C.

"Occasional Glitches"

What do you like best?

I like the diversity of the program and how it allows so many build features to simplify documentation. The evaluations are well organized and the treatment notes are easy to complete. There is a great variety of reports to run in order to best manage the department.

What do you dislike?

There are several glitches that result in loss of notes and require duplicate work! If internet signal is lost, all work is often lost. If another individual modifies minutes it interrupts another's ability to document effectively and not lose their work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Practice in the sandbox!

Electronic Medical Record Documentation for Therapy Services. Compact, portable, & easy to use. A variety of options for changes to be made in order to simplify use.

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by John E.
John E.

"Progressive Beginnings"

What do you like best?

Integration Changes with Matrix and the access to support

What do you dislike?

Troubles with Point of Care. System Crashes and poor integration with Chrome

GG Code integration has been beneficial

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by Sara P.
Sara P.

"There are great things and not so great things"

What do you like best?

The ease when notes pull through from the previous week so you can just make minor changes or rewrite the note.

What do you dislike?

I wish people would stay on the calendar until you delete them off, and I still occasionally have people not show up in my today’s appointment area.

I am not sure since I do not handle the business portion.

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by Erica S.
Erica S.

"Optima User"

What do you like best?

Reminders for progress notes is appreciated

What do you dislike?

Slowness for loading evaluations, recertifications, and progress notes.

Scheduling between providers is easier.

"Outstanding Support"

What do you like best?

The software works well. It looks great and the support we receive is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Implementation could have been a little easier - it's helpful to know what is required for all reports so that it can be entered all at once.

By switching to Rehab Optima, we were able to leave our time management software. This saves us money and our employees a lot of time.

"Administrator "

What do you like best?

The reports that you can generate are great for QAPI

What do you dislike?

It's a little clunky when your combining home health productivity and SNF productivity, our therapists do both and I only need to monitor the SNF productivity, but the home health skews the data

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Tracking productivity and hours, reports for QAPI

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Fairly easy to use"

What do you like best?

This system is known throughout many SNFs in our area, allowing our staff to understand the software very easily. Extensive training is not usually needed.

What do you dislike?

Support can sometimes take long to respond. Our staff sometimes need immediate responses and this is not always available.

We have been able to spend more time treating patients than training our staff.We are able to pass audits now due to helpful documentation templates. Checks and balances (QA) are also more thorough and allow us the confidence when reviewing documentation

"Rehab Optima review"

What do you like best?

Provide great information on upcoming regulation changes. User friendly documentation to allow for easy POC documentation for treatment efficiency.

What do you dislike?

Assignment board should allow for copying schedules from day to day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great customer support. Easy to use for staff.

Stays up to date on changing Medicare guidelines.

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by Christopher P.
Christopher P.

"Not so Optima"

What do you like best?

Auto-fill fields are available with Optima Therapy

What do you dislike?

Frequent interruptions of service, slow running platform. I feel as if the program lacks specificity to the setting in which I am working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use Rehab Optima, I mean Optima Therapy. Use smoke signals instead, or maybe write on some toilet paper.

I would not say that I am solving business problems with Optima Therapy.

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by Abraham K.
Abraham K.

"review contracts and assist in corporate implementation "

What do you like best?

Very friendly people to work with on projects and the are willing to work with us in many different scenarios

What do you dislike?

Limited access to senior management and slow response time on email correspondence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth considering for a therapy company or office .

we have gotten assistance with analytics integration through data warehousing.

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by User

"Easy to use and efficient"

What do you like best?

I like how easy this system id to use and navigate. I use it to print patient information for insurance reviews and also for scheduling of outpatient appointments. Technical support is also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything negative to say about the system. It is very east to use for the purpose of which I need it.

The benefits I have noticed are being able to schedule outpatient appointments as well as inpatients.

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by Administrator

"Optima is very helpful in keeping up with the therapy industry. "

What do you like best?

Most helpful is having a wonderful customer service base who is always willing to help troubleshoot any issues. They are only a phone call away and are able to log in and provide online assistance in real time.

What do you dislike?

Documentation at times seems redundant, however that is more of an industry fault than of Optima.

The reports that we able to run at the drop of a hat are very helpful for everything from productivity to upcoming documentation due to profit and loss.

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by Denise  J.
Denise J.

"Administrator "

What do you like best?

I find the reports to be easy and helpful to print off and eval

What do you dislike?

When logging in to Optima I find that it takes way too long

Productivity increasing, tracking minutes

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by Administrator

"Works well for Long Term Care contracting"

What do you like best?

The variety of reports is excellent. Easy to track key indicators.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have a good solution for outpatient at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works well for contracting business

Tracking of billable hours, productivity and efficiency.

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by Jaime S.
Jaime S.

"Great customer Service"

What do you like best?

Optima has excellent customer service and support. They are keep up with regulatory changes and make prompt changes to the system.

What do you dislike?

New features often have several glitches upon roll out which causes confusion as things get updated.

Allows us to keep up with regulatory changes.

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"I have used Optima for approximately three years now and it has been a pleasant experience so far."

What do you like best?

I like how fluid and streamlined the process of switching between patients and schedules is.

What do you dislike?

I dislike when notes will not save when other disciplines are charting at the same time.

Benefits include easy access to schedules and patient projections for all staff making it easy to get the most information needed for efficient treatment and documentation.

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by User

"I needed some information about health therapy"

What do you like best?

They told me the right things to do about the financials of the therapy that i needed

What do you dislike?

Ther wasnt one thing that I disliked about the help thay gave me

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that any one needing help from Optima Therapy for SNFs, to please try them for great service

for assistant living and medical practice Management

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by User

"Okay software but still needs several improvements"

What do you like best?

POC is great for documentation of evals, progress notes, and daily notes

What do you dislike?

Lack of ability to use a Mac operating system for care operations management, inability to see the schedule from a Mac, unable to cancel patient without patient disappearing from schedule

It offers several reports to be ran that can facilitate future marketing

"Optima review "

What do you like best?

Rehab optima is very user friendly. Evals and progress notes are straight forward.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about optima is they way the new section gg report is completed.

Patient progress report data, financial data, and great employee files.

"Could do better"

What do you like best?

The system is simple and easy to use, very straightforwards

What do you dislike?

It’s frequently having to shut down or isn’t responding. It makes productivity requirements difficult to meet.

A place to store medical information and therapy notes.

"great therapy software"

What do you like best?

outstanding customer service and always ahead of industry changes

What do you dislike?

occasionally turn around time for bug fixes are too long

our entire business line is dependent on this software and the tools it offers us.

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Optima Therapy-easy to use"

What do you like best?

Optima Therapy is very easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

There are Several updates that slow processing.

Easy to navigate, so in turn it's easy to provide updates to doctors and insurances

Optima Therapy for SNFs review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Typical rehab management system"

What do you like best?

Ease of documentation, and easy to do daily treatment minutes

What do you dislike?

Adding new patients and discharging patients out of the system

Medical practice and physical therapy

Learning about Optima Therapy for SNFs?

* We monitor all Optima Therapy for SNFs reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.