Optimizely

Optimize your conversion rate in minutes by running an AB Test, Split Test or Multivariate Testing with Optimizely

Work for Optimizely?

Learning about Optimizely?

Optimizely Reviews

Ask Optimizely a Question
Showing 104 Optimizely reviews
Optimizely review by Lisa  M.
Lisa M.

"Good A/B and multivariate testing tool"

What do you like best?

Optimizely is a lower cost entry tool for anyone looking to do website testing. While their pricing structure has changed over the years it still is a pretty cost effective solution. It is easy to get tests up and running within 5 minutes once you have code placed on your site

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the preview mode can be buggy. Additionally, their changes in pricing structure make it tougher for small businesses - they appear to be focusing more on enterprise level companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about doing A/B testing at your company and can get others on board its a great tool. There are other low cost options out there if you need something cheaper to start with.

Often times there are debates internally on what type of messaging or design should be applied to a landing page. We are able to leverage Optimizely to take the guesswork out of which messaging and design works the best for our audience and rely on the data.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Optimizely
Optimizely review by Tigran H.
Tigran H.

"Great tool for A/B testing and experiments"

What do you like best?

We have started using Optimizely a few weeks ago and so far it has been very useful. The setup took just a few minutes. You just add their code to your website and are ready to start your experiments. You can A/B test literally everything on your website: button colors, CTA texts, website wording and much more.

There is no need to add any code for each experiment. You do everything through your dashboard and can even test the experiments in your browser. Once you publish an experiment it goes live and visible to your visitors.

The reports they provide are very easy to understand and help you make the right decisions.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about this product. Very useful. Maybe would be great to have some kind of "free forever" plan for small websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Optimizely for A/B testing. It works great and is very helpful.

We are using optimized for A/B testing on our website. It helps us to make right decisions in terms of what CTA or color to use, which title/subtitle to use on the website and so on.

What A/B Testing solution do you use?

Optimizely review by Thomas H.
Thomas H.

"Start Conversion Rate Optimization with Optimizely"

What do you like best?

That variations are simple to setup and track. I no longer need to coordinate with several departments and wait for the next release to change the CTA on a button or swap out an image. I can do it all on my own in minutes.

What do you dislike?

Redirect tests can be hard to set up and measure. It's also difficult to sort through Metrics considering that you have to set up so many for these types of tests. I would like them to make this as seamless as their HTML changes are.

Also, it can be difficult to grab an element for changes at times, even in interactive mode. It would be helpful to have an entire pages' HTML pop up as an option to edit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool can do more than just change button colors, swap image, and fix typos.

We've been able to test several different variations of our most visited pages for CRO in days and weeks rather than months. This has increased the number of tests we can run on the site at any given time, saved engineering and design numerous hours of development, and helped improve conversions on several different pages.

Optimizely review by David S.
David S.

"Awesome tool for A/B"

What do you like best?

I loved this software. The best feature is which I liked the most is drag and drop feature of Optimizely. It is very easy and simple to setup. And you can track it very easily. The dashboard is too good, we don't need to code for each experiment, we can do everything in the dashboard. It has very user friendly dashboard. You can change colors , swap images etc. There are lots of features there.

What do you dislike?

I like everything in this software. But the pricing is damn high. Not recommend to the small organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have any issue about the billing of this software, so this is one of the best software for A/B testing. Good for the Big Organization.

It helps us to optimize our website. The main benefits which we realized in the A/B testing on the websites.It saved our time for development. It has very good features. This is good for large organization. It is very helpful for us.

Optimizely review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Optimizely QA "

What do you like best?

What I like best about Optimizely is that we're able to make quick decisions about A/B testing results and update our sites to reflect the better choices. We're able to implement several tests in a short time and rather than waiting for a project to come in to redesign our website, we're able to make small changes that make the sites more visually appealing to the prospect.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't appear to be easy to QA everything that could go wrong when a new code is added. If changes are made to a navigation element for example or any global element, it's challenging to find all areas where my optimizely change impacts the rest of the page. If working on a very small site this can be easy but some pages, with hundreds of pages, would

We're able to very quickly add elements to sites that increase sales.

Optimizely review by Cindy F.
Cindy F.

"Easy Conversion Rate Optimization"

What do you like best?

I love the drag and drop features of Optimizely. It makes it very easy to make simple changes to do landing page testing for my paid search campaigns. It also frees up dev time for our web team which they like.

What do you dislike?

There isn't any glaring issues that I have with Optimizely's platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a few tutorials to get yourself acclimated before you jump right in. There are tips and tricks in the tutorials that will save you some headaches.

It helps us perform landing page testing and optimize our website overall. It frees up the time of design/web dev as well because those with little dev/design experience can still get things done.

Optimizely review by Vladimir B.
Vladimir B.

"Used it for a year and got disappointed (mostly by catches in the contract and pricing)"

What do you like best?

I like the software but it's overpriced and has some catches in contract.

What do you dislike?

I've used Optimizely for a year and I'm very disappointed.

They have a catch in contract where you need to send a written cancellation request 1 month in advance or else your $2,000 per month contract is automatically renewed for a year!

Now we can't get out of the contract for another year ($24,000) and we aren't using the product anymore.

We have switched to VWO and realized it's a far better product with better price.

For ~$800 a month (vs $2,000 on Optimizely) we got 3x more visitors and more features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider alternatives like VWO, it will save a lot of money but you actually get the same and you'll avoid bad experience. I've used Optimizely for over a year and VWO for over 5 months

A/B testing needs

Optimizely review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Strong Product, But Complicated User Interface"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily click selectors on a page to add click tracking or change basic design features.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a way to segment our results by page or audience within the variations. Also, the platform isn't as reliable when making changes to a test that's running, and we've also had issues with cross-domain conversion tracking within their results dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To maximize this platform, make sure you have a designated developer to help you implement your test features.

It's helping us to test new pricing bundles, as well as test into our creative changes across our site. One of the unexpected benefits is using Optimizely as an additional data point for our CTR and CVR across our site (sometimes this data isn't necessary for a test we're running, but we can use it anyway to get a baseline of our site performance).

Optimizely review by Jan Victor G.
Jan Victor G.

"A/B Testing Gets Better, simpler"

What do you like best?

I like how the flow takes into account all the crucial steps to include when setting up the experiment and covers most of it all in one page rather than the old one where there are separate sections you need to remember.

What do you dislike?

UI doesn't feel as polished with the new "Create Campaign" flow, but I feel this is a simple fix.

I don't like how I can't select all the elements within a certain container, especially when I need to drill down on a specific element only.

I feel like the new goal setting flow is a bit of a hassle, but I understand that in the long-term this helps make our goals more manageable. With the current Optimizely we have too many goals that I can't keep track of all of them anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of setting up and easy to implement web A/B tests on the fly. We can easily make changes to our online product with Optimizely alone, without having to go through our busy developers every time we want to try something out!

Setting up experiments for beginners feels more intuitive and easier than having to remember all the time that there are 6 crucial steps you need to take into account whenever you set-up.

Optimizely review by João A.
João A.

"Top quadrant product, focus and the best of A/B Testing"

What do you like best?

The easy editor and platform performance, top level quadrant software and awesome account managers. Optimizely granted an fabulous support team and it's always focus on delivery the best business performance to the clients. Optimizely have the speed as a first priority and almost don't have impact in website loading performance. The capacity to be the best in the market and to delivery the best to our clients.

What do you dislike?

We only dislike the needed to use the developer editor in very cases, because we use some kind of Microsoft sharepoint App and dynamic javascript objects. Update of the platform design and visual editor, as dashboards and reports. We dislike the needed to install one browser extension to get one better performance with the editor for the some browsers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Without any doubts, we recommend Optimizely as one of the best in the market. Optimizely with the new features and with personalizations will put the product in the front of the best digital products to the companies, that will granted to the clients be more accurate to his clients, delivering the right campaign in the right moment.

Solving problems in capture leads in landing pages to get more calls and sales, and capture more engagement in website pages. We performance some campaigns to get an more accurate business performance, improving the hit ration on call selling. We test some placement position objects in the pages, to test the impact in clients.

Optimizely review by Polly H.
Polly H.

"Industry Leader for CRO"

What do you like best?

I've worked with Optimizely for years on many different sites and love the easy integration. It's easy for beginners and also allows for more advanced users to set up complicated experiments and goals. They have a nuce results dashboard allowing for monitoring performance at a glance. They've also put considerable efforts into curating a huge knowledge base if you ever have questions.

What do you dislike?

Optimizely experiments often cause bugs elswhere on a page or site and their debugging capabilities leave a lot to be desired (the debugging tool they have available is also only for paid users which is enterprise level only).

CRO - conversion rate optimization is what most testers are doing for a business. I've seen tests create more than $200k in revenue from a simple change. Thus tool also works great for personalization and disproving theories about changes to an operation.

Optimizely review by Jim  O.
Jim O.

"Good for A/B testing, but analytics could be stronger"

What do you like best?

Easy to use visual editor and the ability to modify code directly where needed.

What do you dislike?

Didn't have the strongest analytics - it is probably fine for ecommerce sites, but we needed to measure the impact of product changes on user retention and activity and had to build our own measuring tools

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to confirm that you will get the data you need and that it won't impact site/application performance.

helping to A/B test various changes to our app to improve monetization rates and user retention rates

Optimizely review by Brandon H.
Brandon H.

"Great Product - Used to be Free, Now Requires New Users to Pay"

What do you like best?

Optimizely is a great tool to for testing or for throwing hot-fixes on your website while awaiting dev to hard-code them. I love how easy the editor is to make changes to your site. With a little jquery knowledge, you can do some amazing things in your tests.

What do you dislike?

Not entirely Optimizely's fault, but sometimes we see a "flicker" effect on page load when we have content changing above the fold. Also, Optimizely's reporting doesn't always match up with the same things that I see in Google Analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the most important things to remember is to let the experiments run for long enough that they are significant. Often times we get excited when an idea we have is performing well, but it's important to remember that at the beginning, just a few purchases can greatly affect the results one way or the other.

It is very important to test any changes to your website to measure the impact on conversion rate. In my time optimizing websites I've learned that sometimes ugly wins and fancy isn't always better. Let the numbers do the talking.

Optimizely review by Christopher S.
Christopher S.

"Fantastic product with a fantastic community"

What do you like best?

Optimizely is simple but powerful. You can use their DIY editor for simple tests but developers can get pretty advanced and write a lot of custom code. They also have a wide range of integrations, but I think the part I like BEST is community, that's where you can get support for your questions, learn and teach yourself to become an expert and I think it really sets them apart.

From a product perspective it always works and it's always improving, and they have a great combination of QA, Support and Strategists to help you along the way.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike, there are a few product features l'd like (like the ability to template a default test) but the team is pretty good about working on highly voted features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for the industry standard I think this is the best tool.

Ecommerce optimization and anything related to web-funnel.

Optimizely review by Faheem u.
Faheem u.

"Handy Tool for Front end Testing"

What do you like best?

setting up small A/B test by marketing users on their landing pages is very easy. We haven't tried back end testing but it seems cool if you can afford it.

Setting up test and evaluating results is very straight forward.

What do you dislike?

we ran into some performance issues but Optimizely support team helped us clean up and archive our completed tests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider enterprise tier only if you are planning to test for more than a million visits a month.

A/B Testing

Some basic Personalization

Optimizely review by Amber B.
Amber B.

"AB, Ease, and helpful."

What do you like best?

I love the data collection process and how easy that tends to be. You are able to test things out before implementing and I haven't seen a huge learning curve when I introduce this software to others. Its very user friendly and easy to explain to others. I enjoy getting more and more advanced with the experiments and the service team is awesome.

What do you dislike?

There are some bugs and glitches throughout the software, not anything too big. A few of the pages are laid out in a weird way, and the flow can be a hassle, but luckily it's customizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial. There are many like Optimizely out there and I think for the money it's great, but I can also see how it might not work for everyone in every circumstance. Also, make sure you're aware enough to understand the data and use the data.

Being able to change things easily and keep others in the loop with the changes is great! Sales and engagement. We are data driven and this software helps a lot.

Optimizely review by User in Financial Services

"very great tool for simple a/b testing"

What do you like best?

Optimizely is a very good, simple tool for a/b testing. You need basic html knowledge but can make substantial changes to your website without involving any web developers. The findings from Optimizely tests are so valuable for an end customer experience.

What do you dislike?

At first it is a bit difficult to get everything all set up, but once you've figured it all out it is fine. There is a shift from Classic to X and some great features that were available in Classic are no longer easily available in X but it is just a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you build a great relationship with your account rep as they are a wealth of knowledge. There is also the Optimizely academy online that has a ton of great videos on how to perform experiments as well as experiment troubleshooting and experiment ideas.

Learning how our customers behave online and how they respond best to features on the website. What makes someone click on a button, and what makes someone leave the page. There are many subconscious factors at work while we browse the web and we need tools to help discover how to leverage this.

Optimizely review by User in Computer Software

"Amazing Web Testing Tool"

What do you like best?

I started using Optimizely's web experiments product because my company was already using it when I joined. I was unfamiliar with the tool, but had used some competitive products, and found that some of those other products were cumbersome and clunky. I'm happy to say that Optimizely has been a breath of fresh. Optimizely makes it extremely easy for my team to run A/B tests and multivariate tests for our webpages. The performance metrics for each test are easy to consume and share with key stakeholders. I particularly like that each test displays the progression of statistical significance, which gives us a good idea as to how long we will have to continue to let the test run.

What do you dislike?

The tool is somewhat expensive and we had to increase our annual plan after six months because we were running up against the limits. We typically have 4 tests running simultaneously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Optimizely's tool can do much more than web experiments, so check out the features of the tool, including the personalization capabilities.

We use Optimizely to run all our web tests. We can easily see the variations and the results for each variation. It's easy to share the information with our stakeholders.

Optimizely review by User

"Optimizely - The best testing tool I have used."

What do you like best?

It's UI friendly dashboard makes tracking tests easy for all. It also specializes in server-side testing, allowing users to test any and all product related decisions.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about optimizely. Over the past year and a half the only issue I've run into is in regards to wanting more visual data representation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the products server side testing features and build as many tests as you can. There is no shortage of questions to be asked.

Optimizely solves one of the most important business problems in my field. Specifically it allows us to quickly iterate and test new product updates.

Optimizely review by Brian N.
Brian N.

"How to REALLY learn what your users want"

What do you like best?

This is a great way to simply set up any type of webpage test so you can collect data on what your users want to see. It is so important to test every design change to a webpage and this tool is amazing at just letting you focus on the creative and not the tech behind the testing.

What do you dislike?

The results page could be laid out a bit better. Also they should try to incorporate visuals into their reports, or at least have a function that allows a person to one-click create a CEO level report that dumbs everything down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you talk to your web dev person so they know whats coming in case you need their help.

We are learning who our audience is by presenting them with different options and letting their mouse clicks decide their preference. This data cuts through the many opinions that people have about design.

Optimizely review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Easy way for non techies to start split testing, but still lightning fast for techies "

What do you like best?

UI is super simple so I can give tasks to non technical employees such as marketers and they can test what they want. We use optimizers on a site with tens of thousands of weekly hits and optimizers makes a huge difference to how fast we can iterate that site to improve our funnel. It really gives us measure able results that we can act on to make big swings in our conversions.

What do you dislike?

Integration itself required an engineer but it was super fast. As well I wish it was more clear which tests have won and that the UI was more clear in how to make those changes permanent. I've been asked this multiple times and keep having to clarify with employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it on the free plan! Their support is also very helpful over email and doesn't push the hard sell. Awesome to work with and seriously amazing for small split tests. Just make sure you have enough traffic that the tests will produce meaningful results.

Split testing small changes is a big pain. I used to have to give a marketer or copywriter a engineer to set up split testing and push new updates for every little test. Now they can work independently and our tests are running in minutes instead of hours, which matters lot for time and cost savings. Legitimately optimizely probably saves us the time and cost of an entire engineer each year.

Optimizely review by Scott O.
Scott O.

"Great way to get into optimization"

What do you like best?

Relatively easy to use and the support is usually pretty good. They also offer a free plan that lets you get a pretty good taste. You don't need to be a web programmer to do some of the easier stuff like changing images, text. The system seems pretty robust.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if they have a live chat, sometimes you just get stumped trying to do something and it's hard waiting several days for an answer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, optimization has a massive ROI and Optimizely is one of the best out there (if not the best).

Increase conversions, I did about a dozen experiments and I'd say at least half led to me actually making a change.

Optimizely review by Thue Lægdsgaard M.
Thue Lægdsgaard M.

"Great and simple to use"

What do you like best?

I love that it is very simple to use Optimizely for simpler test and that it provides a great engine for splitting up your traffic for more envolved test. Using the smart editor I can set up tests quickly and without any help from engineering which speeds up our testing cycle significantly.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is rather steep, especially if you want access to some of the more advanced features such as custom goals and location targeting. Optimizely also only help you test without a developer on smaller changes (this, however, is a problem with all solutions that I'm aware of).

Optimizely helps us with turnaround time on our testing program in conjunction with Kissmetrics and Wordpress. It is a big part of our overall optimization and growth framework.

Optimizely review by Robert C.
Robert C.

"Optimizely is a Solid Platform for Testing"

What do you like best?

Our organization was previously advancing different elements on our site based on design, or individual department preference. Now, using Optimizely, we are able to assess data and form a conclusion on decisions to change designs based on quantitative analyses. In addition, we have the flexibility to construct new products for our site within Optimizely's interface and deploy them without leveraging weight on our developers. Here are the points I love most:

Great for fast development especially with basic CSS components.

Transparent results allow results to be shared across all departments.

The user interface is very straightforward and Optimizely's free online documentation is an excellent resource.

What do you dislike?

Advance code has issues especially with conditional activation on heavy JavaScript frameworks.

Direct customer service via phone is not as transparent as it could be.

Experiments can take a while to load, and previewing is sometimes not accurate due to slow caching issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to have a developer work with you when deciding.

I would highly recommend this tool for businesses looking to build quick tests without leveraging too much weight on developers. It could prove to be exceptionally useful for e-commerce platforms as Optimizely provides A/B testing, multivariate testing, and multipage testing. For those looking to build custom code, the platform is very accessible for all to use.

Optimizely review by User in Internet

"Great website testing tool"

What do you like best?

Optimizely is a great tool to test and optimize website. Lots of features. A/B testing different elements, titles, buttons, CTA etc. is super easy. You can set up Audiences using different conditions (cookie, query string, URL etc.) and it's easy to set up redirects.

What do you dislike?

Setting up an experiment can be a little tricky. There are lots of features and it took me a while to figure out how to use these. The experiment preview loads pretty slowly sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for A/B testing and personalization!

We use Optimizely to set up landing page experiments to A/B test different copy, CTAs, layout etc. It helps us really figure out quickly which page performs better so we can really maximize our conversion rates.

Optimizely review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Optimization mean machine"

What do you like best?

I love having the ability to just test everything within my product. Every design decision, feature release or UX change can be tested easily. There’s no such thing as “I think it’s going to work” anymore. Also, I feel like this product has encouraged my team to ask more I especially love the Web Rationalization feature which allows you to deliver targeted content in real time.

What do you dislike?

The only disadvantage I can think of would obviously be the price. It is pricey, but definitely worth it, don’t get me wrong.

If you’re a product manager and you’re interested in testing every element of your product, including some marketing-oriented aspects (landing pages, etc), then this tool is a must.

Optimizely review by Sean C.
Sean C.

"A/B Testing done right. Simply put."

What do you like best?

Their user interface is ridiculously easy. Even if you don't code, you can use their interface. Their support team is awesome. They are so helpful and quick to answer questions.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is good, but could be better and more robust.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to improve your site. Use this company. Even if you don't know how to do something, contact their support and they are more than willing to point you in the right direction and help you achieve your goals.

Can't stress enough how easy their product is to use. To make a change on your site with their interface take so little effort is scary.

Our focus is on CTA, and converting visitors to customers. Optimizely gives us the insight on different changes that we want to try to help ease the purchase process to make our site that much better.

Optimizely review by Raman B.
Raman B.

"Amazingly engineered product with a very tech-savvy and responsive team and a solid future"

What do you like best?

I love the technical prowess of everyone I have met at Optimizely. The engineers and support folks have without exception, all been very smart and their customer service is really special. And I say this after dealing with many tech vendors .

Just as one example, when we first started out doing mobile integration, we experienced a few crashes, and they actually walked through code and debugger in live sessions with us, and the Opt-gineers (hey did I just invent a new term?) would spot something amiss, fix it in 10 to 20 minutes and send us a new .zip of the iOS SDK, and this would repeat until the problem was solved. They appeared in-exhaustable. They also seem never at a loss for an answer, a fix, a suggestion, all of which make complete sense and just work.

Also, I am truly impressed by the strength of the product. When you think about product architecture, and the end to end complexity you'd encounter if you ever attempted to implement a tool like this, from the backend infrastructure (which never appears to fail or show latency) to the intuitive interface for setting up, executing tests, viewing results, to the underlying algorithms and stats-engine at the heart of all of this (in itself the by-product of a Stanford PhD Thesis) the whole picture is one of some amazing engineering.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike, or rather what I wish for the product to have, is more of the unrealized potential.: for a consolidated end to end orchestration of tests across platforms.

For example, I'd like to see a test where a test starts on a mobile app and ends with conversion on a desktop site or mweb or vice versa, or also one where a multivariate test can be run across web with variations of app download ads and promos and resulting downloads and conversions. In other words a cross between referral marketing and Optimization or orchestrated events and goals across multiple platforms (web/mweb/mobile app) with consolidated progress, result and drill-down views on the Optimizely dashboard. At present these are tedious to set up and analyze (as one has to use a combination of referral tracking tools, analytics tools and Optimizely)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend this product for desktop, mweb and mobile apps.

Trying to increase conversions in our Mobile Apps (basically to get users to buy airline tickets, book hotels and renta cars, plus buy ancillary products) We have realized a lot of benefit in that we are now willing to try bolds new ideas, work less in product silos, try new integrations, and have overall experienced increase in revenue and conversion.

Optimizely review by Esteban R.
Esteban R.

"Optimizely, Tool of the week!"

What do you like best?

- Improve the rate of purchase of your product listing.

- Test different versions of your landing pages (if you do not do with Instapage).

- If you're a consultant or expert, you can try different slogans or value propositions on your home page to see which gets you more leads and contacts.

- Try different versions of a purchase form, more or less fields, to see how the purchase rate behaves.

- Try on your blog sidebar banners subscription disinter see which has a higher rate of subscription.

- Try different texts on your contact page to see what works best and brings you more contacts.

What do you dislike?

To create a physical test is very easy, when you get more complex things like making tests A / B on dynamic pages, things get complicated and will need more time and patience to get it right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to implement statistics based on user-drive interaction, this is the tool you need. It makes decision making a lot easier!

Optimizely it is one of those tools that I love because it does not have one specific use, but its use is limited by your imagination. Basically it will help you to optimize your pages empirically.

Optimizely review by Abel R.
Abel R.

"Taking your business to the next level with Optimizely."

What do you like best?

Our experience with Optimizely has been nothing short of exceptional. They are very responsive to our needs and questions. The on-boarding experience with this tool was very easy and they walked us through each step of the process. Depending on the level of service you purchase it may come with at a strategic adviser who can help you with strategic decision about your business.

The tool itself is easy to use and has some very practical uses based on your business.

What do you dislike?

Data is king at Princess Cruises. This tool allows you to determine the need for so many additional tests that sometimes prioritization becomes an issue with all the test that our results can yield. One test can lead to another test and so on. Connecting all of the dots in your all your data points can be a challenge.

The tool is used for in multiple cases for across out site. This use has increased both lead conversion and booking conversion our out site. This tool now allows us to make creative decisions based on data and fact rather than aesthetics.

Optimizely review by Administrator in Online Media
Administrator in Online Media

"Great tool for a/b testing/conversion optimization"

What do you like best?

Optimizely is very easy to use, and extremely flexible. There hasn't been anything we haven't been able to do using this tool, even though some of our use cases are quite technical and complex. Their support team is fantastic - quick and super knowledgeable. We used Test&Target in the past, and this is like 500% better.

What do you dislike?

Honestly not much. Sometimes the interface can be slow, and sometimes it's difficult to view experiences via the "preview" mode.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I absolutely recommend Optimizely - fantastic platform, fantastic support. The company really "gets it" and is headed in the right direction. They have now released their Personalization platform which also looks amazing.

Conversion optimization - we are always looking to make the user experience better on our websites, and in the process, have users do more of the things that generate revenue for us.

Optimizely review by George M.
George M.

"Easy to use product with an awesome team supporting it!"

What do you like best?

When we started implementing Optimizely on mobile (iOS and Android), the team at Optimizely was particularly helpful in working with the engineers and product team. This really accelerated the process for us to dive in and get started using the product.

The Optimizely team seems very passionate about helping their customers get the most out of their platform. They are always available to answer an e-mail, support request, forum post, jump on a phone call and even come by for a visit. On the flip side, they are always asking for feedback on the product, which provides a sense that we are working with a living, breathing company.

Optimizely has spent a lot of time understanding the intricacies of multivariate testing and statistical analysis and made it dead simple to see the results in their product. Even if your focus isn't around data, you can plainly see how your experiments are performing and focus on what you are best at. If you want to learn more, they've provided a lot of resources to help you understand concepts like statistical significance.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more APIs to be able to export data and integrate it a data warehouse so that we could perform our own analytics.

Sometimes it's not obvious how long an experiment will need to run based on a product's existing traffic. Having an estimate integrated directly into the experiment would be very helpful.

Sometimes I am concerned that they've made things too simple to get in and start running experiments, without having proper constructs on what experiments you should be running and what you are actually testing. Just because you've seen results on testing a button in an early stage of a funnel does not mean your end conversion is going to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of Optimizely's biggest pluses is that it works on multiple platforms, which many other products do not. Another major factor was their evangelization not jut of their product, but of conversion rate optimization and statistical relevance in general. Finally, when speaking with them, they didn't so much try to sell their product as they spoke to how it could integrate into our overall workflow.

Optimizely is used as a critical piece of understanding and testing user behavior by product, design, marketing, and engineering groups. It is used in multiple ways, from quick tests to see how users interact with buttons, hero images, promotional text, to test out operational changes and feature roll-outs, all the way to quantifying and proving hypotheses from in person user tests, surveys, and other qualitative data. From a platform perspective, Optimizely is used for web, mobile web, and mobile apps (iOS and Android). It's helpful to have a single platform for all your testing needs across different platforms as the teams already have enough other tools that are used on a daily basis to manage projects and analyze results.

Optimizely review by Andrey R.
Andrey R.

"Great product for A/B testing on your website"

What do you like best?

Optimizely is easy to use and provides integration options with other tools (like Mixpanel) for test tracking. It's also pretty easy to make html/css/javascript changes within the UI itself, which is very handy to avoid code releases.

What do you dislike?

There are some bugs when setting up a/b tests at times, there are also conflicts with things like AdBlockers which require me to disable them before I can edit/start tests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Optimizely is a great tool if you want to run A/B tests on your website. It's well worth the price.

A/B testing of pages in order to improve our funnels. We've been able to run dozens of tests so far which have improved our conversion rates, dropped our bounce rates, and generally improved our user experiences on our website.

Optimizely review by Karim A.
Karim A.

"Optimizely is an okay tool which does a few things well but still growing. "

What do you like best?

Advanced features and amazing results panels. The reporting is awesome. Setting up experiements is good until you get to the actual changes.

What do you dislike?

The javascript only addition of styles etc. is very clunky. To really do proper testing you need front end development skills or a team behind you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Besure to have a development team engaged and working with your strategy / ux team.

We are currently looking to solve conversion and ecommerce issues. We have noticed a few small changes can have profound impacts.

Optimizely review by User in Financial Services

"Optimizely is incredible. Endless possibilities for business users."

What do you like best?

Optimizely gives business users opportunities to do things that would only be accessible to tech (programmers) users before. This is incredibly valuable for any company where the tech resources are limited (also know as: 98% of the companies in the world). A/B Testings become easy and taking data driven decisions is very very accessible. I love the company and the product.

I was a user and then I read some news about how the company started - ex Googlers who wanted to make AB Testing available to everybody - and felt even more in love with the company. The value propositions is incredible and the execution is amazing too. They are always working to be better and cultivate their clients very well.

What do you dislike?

Experience loading can be slow at times. But, really, this is a minor issue compared to the benefits of the tool. Having the possibility to make one test run in mobile + web at the same time would also be something very useful for our case.

There is very little I dislike about the tool, so it makes it very hard to fill this box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. This is an amazing piece of product and will make wonders to your company.

Optimizely allows business users to think like techies. It makes data driven decisions accessible to the whole company. Also, it provides independence from back end engineering, which is a great plus..

Optimizely review by Michael F.
Michael F.

"Best testing tool on the market"

What do you like best?

Flexibility of setting up variations. Speed of implementation. Integrates with a ton of other services.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't track goal completions as reliably as I'd hope. However, I think the new Optimizely X platform is going to be much easier to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. Without buying you can see if the platform makes sense for you.

Web page optimization. Mostly focused on improving form conversion rates and reducing bounce rates. We've had a significant increates

Optimizely review by User in Computer Software

"Works Better for CMS websites than Custom Web Builds"

What do you like best?

Optimizely makes if very easy to resize, remove, or add div section on pages which helps with getting A/B tests up and running very quickly.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't work as well for a site that was built from scratch as opposed to a CMS. The div sections are a little harder to move around and don't snap in place compared to running Optimizely on a site built with a CMS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer support is a little slow to respond so if you're trying to get pages up and running in a hurry it's a little annoying to have to wait a couple days for a response.

We use Optimizely for running multiple A/B tests across our site and have seen a dramatic improvement in CVR after running tests through Optimizely. The only downside is it takes a while to get to statistical significance if your variations aren't winning by a large margin, but better safe than sorry when pushing new changes.

Optimizely review by User in Computer Software

"Great A/B and Multivariate tool for any budget"

What do you like best?

Optimizely starts as a free tool which is great. This makes it accessible to companies of all sizes. There are surprisingly a ton of capabilities with the free tool in terms of running quick split tests. I haven't had a need for the paid version of the tool yet.

What do you dislike?

There have been some instances where the preview of the test page doesn't match what is actually seen live. Given that it is a free tool I would expect there to be some bugs like this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend at least trying the free version of the tool. It is easy to get started and run tests quickly.

Often times there are debates internally on what type of messaging should be applied to a landing page. Everyone respects data so we are able to leverage Optimizely to take the guesswork out of which messaging and design works the best for our audience and rely on the data.

Optimizely review by Sergei K.
Sergei K.

"You could be testing in just minutes"

What do you like best?

A/B testing - this is the core functionality that Optimizely has always been great with and only got better as they add more functionality.

Test analytics - the reporting pages are great, the impact of the tests on revenue is extremely difficult to calculate correctly. Optimizely has made a lot of updates to their statistics engine, latest round of changes upset a lot of people, but it's still doing a great job presenting very complicated data in a simple way.

Personalization - still new and barely out of beta, but already looks promising and judging by the quality of the core product, A/B testing, this should be a hit with marketers as well.

What do you dislike?

Test results - the under the hood calculations could be more transparent, while the statistics engine does a ton of very complex calculations that we don't really need to see, in the end it provides one number for "statistical significance". As that number changes over time, sometimes its apparent fluctuations make no intuitive sense. This can make it difficult to justify test results to management and the rest of the team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is true for any A/B testing platform - It's best used by someone who knows a bit of JavaScript, or has a testing team with members that have this expertise. While it's still entirely possible to make a lot of simpler "point and click" changes to your site early on using the built-in visual editor tools, as your testing program evolves some of the more advanced changes will start to require increasing amounts of HTML/JS?/Query knowledge.

Lift in Revenue and Conversion Rates. We've ran hundreds of tests, with a few big wins and a few spectacular losses. But while winning tests are implemented for 100% of visitors and immediately begin to contribute to the bottom line, even the losses can lead to more followup tests, some of which end up as winers by the 2nd or 3rd generation as well.

Another not so often realized benefit of Optimizely is that it's by far the fastest and easiest way to change content on pages, while a more permanent change is in the dev queue. This is great for almost all departments - Marketing, Compliance, Dev and QA, Customer Service, etc.

Optimizely review by Dan T.
Dan T.

"Quick, efficient and economical A/B testing"

What do you like best?

The tool allows me to point and click in order to define/create my tests. I do not have to jump through a lot of hoops to test my hoptheses

What do you dislike?

The point and click can be a bit finicky if your site is not using the best coding standards. To compare two versions of pages to see what changes worked best, the interface was not all that intuitive and I had to count on the tutorials

Testing of site design overhaul from overall page level down to specific calls to action. Optimizely has saved a lot of time and provided good reporting.

Optimizely review by Joey H.
Joey H.

"Excellent software for website optimization."

What do you like best?

Optimizley provides a seamless solution for creating A/B test and multiverate experiments. The UI is very user friendly and allows the user to create expirements right on the page.

What do you dislike?

While the software does support mobile views the current version does not work with responsive designs. Future versions of the software have claimed to combat this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great optimization product for designers and product owners that allows for greater visibility when trying or solve engagement and optimization issues.

Optimizley is great for increasing engagement and optimizing conversions. We use it for segmenting audiences based on many factors including cookies, browser type and geo location.

Optimizely review by Chad W.
Chad W.

"A/B testing made easy"

What do you like best?

Optimizely is very user friendly. After spending just a few minutes with the tool you can learn to set up tests. Optimizely also has a great learning center that will help answer any questions you may have.

What do you dislike?

Page load time can be impacted from this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great tool that you can implement and quickly launch your first a/b test. The tool is easy for developers and UX to build out tests. Goals and Audience targeting are easy to set up.

We are increasing conversions for multiple sections of our site. We have a long term goal of personalization. We have increased our conversions in eCommerce funnels, data capture, and form completes with this tool.

Optimizely review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"We love Optimizely. It has now become a door for us to bring all our creative work live... "

What do you like best?

- Make changes on the fly (without Dev's help)

- It protect us from making costly mistakes on our site

- Excellent customer supports team

What do you dislike?

Hum, really we like everything except it's not integrated with GA by default.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrate Optimizely with GA by default

Provide consulting services

We are trying to engage our audience with some of our key pages on our site, help them understand our mobile rates, and activate them online. With the help of Optimizely experiments, we are able to improve the activation rate by 10% to 15%, that's huge for our business, and it's just a start!

Optimizely review by User

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

It's pretty easy to set up experiments and the data flows in quickly. Really easy to get a high level understanding how an A/B test is performing.

What do you dislike?

Some of the UI isn't that intuitive. The results pages are good, but it would be helpful if the dashboards could provide more insight into how tests are performing and give suggestions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great addition when using other analytics tools in conjunction.

We run smaller and frequent A/B tests so we can see the impact of almost any change. It's really easy to set these up and we can usually answer those questions pretty quickly.

Optimizely review by Jayna W.
Jayna W.

"Easy to use for multivariate testing"

What do you like best?

I love that Optimizely makes it easier to track goals and results with multivariate testing and a/b testing.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit difficult to restructure the page without use of html coding.

I have been using Optimizely to improve the user experience.

Optimizely review by User in Internet

"Great product, amazing team perfect to scale up your optimization program"

What do you like best?

- Product is very easy to implement and to ramp up with. Even non developers can use it

- Extremely easy to manage your experiments, to turn them on/off and dashboard very user friendly.

- Great capability for user targeting, traffic allocation, etc.

- Reliable analytics tool (they've made a lot of progress in 2015 with their new results page)

- Amazing team, very nice to work with, always on top of things and very efficient technical support

- Using Optimizely has enabled us to double our testing velocity

- we also use optimizely for promotion campaign or quick bug fixes

What do you dislike?

- sometime the software can be slow, dashboard takes some time to load, etc.

- we still use our internal tool for more complex tests with back-end part

- I am still paranoid about the flicker and don't use optimizely for big tests if it is above the fold.

- Increase testing velocity

- Shorter lead time from idea to test being live

- better flexibility to manage experiments

Optimizely review by Curtis Conrad S.
Curtis Conrad S.

"Optimizely is Optimal "

What do you like best?

The user interface is extremely friendly for any level of digital marketer and the implementation is a cinch for most developers.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see heat mapping as an Optimizely option and not just an integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Optimizely is the name for A/B testing, it's the most efficient way to try new options without continuously coding.

Usually, we use Optimizely for A/B testing, especially during redesigns. The nice thing is we can test on full pages or just parts of a page.

Optimizely review by Matt S.
Matt S.

"Robust Tool With Few Limitations"

What do you like best?

The breadth of items that can be changed or updated is truly staggering. If your team is skilled with HTML (or you have in house developers that can play with javascript for the more heavy duty jobs), there is little you can't change.

They also have some fantastic support staff to answer questions.

What do you dislike?

Some things are a bit more confusing, and occasionally the support staff either seems interested in pushing you over to the documents (which I've usually already looked at, and not found an answer), or trying to get you to upgrade to a bigger package.

Some of the really technical elements such as Google Analytics integration and implementation are a little tricky to understand.

The data doesn't always 100 percent line up as it should, especially if you are tracking with another tool and comparing the two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be wary of thinking this can be run by a single individual. You will need a developer, a graphic designer/creative consultant, a marketing professional, an organizer, and a staff member to truly use it to its full potential.

There is a lot of learning, so if you have someone on your team who's a pro at picking up software, they will be crucial in metering out the training to other team members.

Our goal is to continue optimizing the site to help increase conversion. We also have several tests built to measure a change in average order value. These are the ones where it's paramount to have the Google Analytics integration. That way we can see quantity data and other KPI's.

We have certainly seen tests where the variation won and others where it didn't. Both are beneficial. They keep us from either keeping something that's not working, live on site. In the other scenario, they let us know not to change something that might be working better than the change we had in mind.

Optimizely review by Eirini L.
Eirini L.

"Optimizely helps you do it right!"

What do you like best?

Optimizely has a huge community support and knowledge data base called Optiverse - Once you log in even with your free - no credit card required account - you can read threads and interact with other users. Optimizely listens the feedback from the community.

What do you dislike?

Optimizely is not the type of software I would recommend for a beginner. You need to have in depth knowledge of this field and it could get tricky when it comes to code integration. Also, creating tests on dynamic pages is not is hard to use. Mobile apps is still code fragile but optimizely is heading to the right direction with the continues improvements taking into serious consideration all the feedback coming from the community.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Select Optimizely if you are serious on A/B testing. Easy to setup in minutes - literally!

If you get intimidated reach for help in the optiverse community. Practice will help you get better but using this toll is without a doubt a reliable assistant on increasing your sales. Start with the free trial no credit card required account - but if you really want to do it right invest in it - it will be money well invested

We use Optimizely to test our website usablity - crash test all web pages (not just the home page) of our site. Including button sizes and popup items. Also measuring behavior characteristics of potential customers minimizing losses on potential sale.

Optimizely review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"An Excellent Testing Tool for New and Experienced Testers Alike"

What do you like best?

Optimizely has gone through great efforts to ensure its interface is about as common-sensical as possible. The layout is clean and easy to follow and options are tied to specific Account, Project, Experiment and Variation levels in a way that's easy to pick up - and master. What I really like is how easy Optimizely makes it to just get testing. No matter how big the client, there are few barriers to just getting going already!

What do you dislike?

There is a lack of control over certain events and custom goals. Many require programming work that isn't at a beginner level. While Optimizely often has documentation or links to its Optiverse, it can still require a fair amount of time and consultation to actually figure out what needs to be done. It would greatly help if there was the ability to simply have a guide: "Add Revenue Tracking - Step 1 - Do This, Step 2 - Do This, etc., etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Optimizely is very flexible, however to truly get the most out of its services, don't settle for the free trial. Each upgrade level features valuable features, especially the ability to target certain conditions/segments in the audiences of each experiment.

I am helping to improve conversion rates by adding or removing client messaging that impacts overall revenue and macro goals. Not only have I helped clients overall bottom line, but I have helped make it easier for visitors to find the information they're looking for. Optimizely has helped me make the internet an easier place to use.

Optimizely review by Internal Consultant in Internet
Internal Consultant in Internet

"Poor execution of AB testing platform"

What do you like best?

Quite easy to do html and css changes in a few minutes

What do you dislike?

Lack of support and understanding of integrations. The data is not consistent and so many caveats it would be a mindfield for a noviced CRO specialist

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at other vendors. These guys are not leading the way anymore.

We needed an AB testing tool that was easy to implement.

Optimizely review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"First A/B Testing Experience"

What do you like best?

Optimizely makes it fairly easy to make changes without knowing any code with the WYSIWYG editor.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little glitchy and the WYSIWIG editor can be very touchy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get as many stakeholders involved in the initial training and on-boarding to get them familiar with testing with Optimizely while you still have your Launch Manager because the level of support will do down drastically once you are handed off to your Account Manager.

Trying to get more people to sign up for job alerts, new homepage designs, etc

Optimizely review by Paul L.
Paul L.

"Absolute no brainer for any marketer who wants to A/B test everything."

What do you like best?

- Allows A/B Testing w/o getting tech involved.

- Allows Constant Testing of Messaging, Images, Offers which every business should always be doing.

- For the most part, it's intuitive and not too hard to setup simple tests

- Statistics are presented in an easy-to-understand format

What do you dislike?

- More complex tests require a bit of html knowledge and work arounds.

- Creating tests on dynamic pages is not straight forward

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try.

If anything, it is worth it to always run optimization tests across your website. Test messaging, images, layouts, call-to-actions, price points, navigation and more. It's a no-brainer to run these tests so there is always some aspect of your business being optimized at any given moment.

Know though, that for more complex tests, you'll need to pull in tech support. However, you can always use the data you collect to support larger scale changes.

- Makes it easy for marketers to run simple tests across the website without the help of engineering.

- Allows constant testing to improve conversion rates on site

- Allows you to test concepts before committing bigger resources to it.

Optimizely review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Great tool for A/B Testing "

What do you like best?

The interface is incredibly easy to learn and work with for direct A/B testing of a page. The support team works closely with us to help us set up and monitor test performance, as well as helping set up an overall strategy.

What do you dislike?

For split testing (two separate urls), the tool is lacking and reporting becomes less transparent. Basic testing and changes are easy, more robust changes requires a developer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be clear on your goals for deploying this tool and review them with their sales representative to be sure it will meet your needs.

Optimization of messaging, images, forms and page layout.

Optimizely review by Ana P.
Ana P.

"One of the best Optimization Tools"

What do you like best?

Easy to use - Not technical knowledge needed

Different types of segmentation and personalization

What do you dislike?

From the moment that I started to use to the present the cost have increased a lot

increase conversion rates in landing pages

Optimizely review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Great product and constant improvements"

What do you like best?

Optimizely has very powerful products, and is always looking for improve them. Has one of the best personalization platforms in the marketa and its team is great, always helping their customers&partners.

What do you dislike?

As far as I know, you cannot use your audiences from Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics to target your experiments.

Mostly we've been working on low conversion rates, specially on insurance and lead-focused sites. The main benefit is the agility to develop both testing&personalization.

Optimizely review by Nadim H.
Nadim H.

"One of the best in the market!"

What do you like best?

Targeting experiment to specific audiences

What do you dislike?

Some pages with dynamic content or pricing might be hard to work with and you might need support

Recommendations to others considering the product

This can do miracles if done correctly, though needs time and dedication.

Optimizing e commerce website and we have achieved that by increasing conversion rate and defining new segments, it also help put us on a path of personalization

Optimizely review by Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Great product that could use a few tweaks to make it perfect."

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the accessibility of the product. It's easy to set up and monitor projects. The qualitative focus on analytics is great.

What do you dislike?

Built-in Tracking code for tracking capability needs to be a little more advanced. Each project needs to be reviewed and most likely edited based on our HTML code. Usual issue is with H2 headers and IDs. I also don't like the inability to export multiple tests into one CSV file to compare data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Optimizely's support and interface is one of the best. Great community setup that encourages engagement and culture within testing peers and corporate environments.

We're solving the issue of making changes on our website based on corporate feelings/decisions and focusing on customer behavior. Just one test can show us something we didn't expect that may lead to other tests to prove that behavior.

Optimizely review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

There is so much to like about Optimizely that it's difficult to define one element.

We use it to run tests large and small, from making occasional use of the WYSIWYG editor to targeting users with tests based on users from specific sources at specific times of day, with heavily customised code.

I guess what I like best is that I can throw anything at it. As long as our developers can think of a solid way to implement an idea, Optimizely can handle it - and it hasn't let us down yet.

What do you dislike?

The gulf between their Gold and Platinum plans.

There are many useful features in Platinum, but they do not warrant a monthly fee six times greater than the Gold plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is no doubt a great product and service.

Their recent decision to do away with agency accounts means that the total spend between ourselves and our clients has significantly increased. Is it worth the additional cash that they're asking for? Yes. But it no longer leaves me with that warm and fuzzy feeling, knowing that it's costing so much more.

We're an agency, so we solve multiple problems for multiple clients, including:

- Increasing leads

- Increasing (or reducing) inbound calls

- Redesigning checkouts/funnels for better conversion

- Improving CTR for affiliates/publishers

Optimizely review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great tool for great ideas!"

What do you like best?

I immensely enjoy the fact that we can modify content and design to test ideas without engineers. The ease of use and possibilities it opened up for us changed our approach toward decision making entirely. We test pretty much every idea regarding our websites to make sure there's no negative impact on our revenue.

What do you dislike?

Probably the price. It makes sense for big business, less so for small offices - unless of course there's constant value coming out of using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has it's kinks but once you figure them out, you'll be golden. Invest time in learning to do things in the "Code" panel.

There's no more such a thing like changing content or design and hope for the best. Quantifying the impact your ideas make is an absolute game changer and even a small thing like changing a button on your website can turn into major profit gain if you're smart about it.

Optimizely review by Max B.
Max B.

"Excellent way to quickly create A/B tests of various webpages"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is the most important aspect of the service in my opinion. For someone like me with zero web design experience it was still very easy to modify existing pages to create A/B tests.

What do you dislike?

The actual designer tool seemed to work better for me on Firefox, on Chrome it was glitchy and inconsistent. Also, the worst part of Optimizely for me was that the design you created would shift/change, seemingly for no reason. You could set it up as desired and check it a few days later and the elements would have shifted, ruining the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can be pricey for a SME if you are not using it consistently to implement improvements. The biggest benefits will be seen in the first few months of usage. Be careful of conducting testing on your homepage, if it is a busy website. Going over the amount of visitors in your plan can cause your invoice to increase significantly. Also, ensure you check the modified pages every day to confirm that the design elements haven't shifted.

Can generate extra revenue easily by simple A/B testing. For example, a 3% improvement in basket conversions or CTR on landing pages can lead to big revenue jumps.

Optimizely review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"A/B Testing Made Simple"

What do you like best?

The ease in which I can collect analytics and make an informed decision about which version of my campaign I want to use. The analytics are extremely clear, so it's easy to share the data with members of other teams in my company. In general it's extremely easy to use, haven't involved a developer yet!

What do you dislike?

The largest package with the most features is too expensive. We started with the free trial and decided it was worth paying roughly $80 per month for. Our company would only be willing to pay $150 or less for a full feature package so we will not be upgrading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the trail version, try all of the features you can and link it to an ad campaign you are running.

I use Optimizely to test landing pages for Google Adwords campaigns. It has helped to increase conversion rates and test design as well as functionality.

"Optimizely"

What do you like best?

Simple A/B tests for your domain. Optimizely allows for quick testing to your site that can be very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The editor can become a little confusing at times, but it doesn't take long to understand it fully.

A/B tests for our site.

Optimizely review by Dave R.
Dave R.

"Great experience optimization solution"

What do you like best?

Optimizely is very easy to use -- the whole team has access. It's also powerful in feature set, offering much more than we need to be honest. It also integrates to Salesforce via Bizible, which is a nice bonus.

What do you dislike?

It could offer more features for B2B companies, such as account based A/B testing. This would be helpful for testing product, messaging, etc where one company should be presented with an option, not individual people.

Optimizing the marketing funnel for higher conversions, especially the click to lead portion.

Optimizely review by Wissam Y.
Wissam Y.

"Optimizely is Great A/B Testing Tool"

What do you like best?

I liked Optimizely's user friendliness and the ability to drag and drop and edit A/B pages in real time. The fact that all you need adding a small meta script to the page and do the rest from the system itself is a big step to make this product what it is. I like that you can test the product before purchasing anything and that you can see it in action right away without even signing up this makes this product so great and easy.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the limitations on the monthly visits, but still the product is worth it and love it and do help us a lot. Some people might find it difficult to understand but not me I thought its pretty simple and helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend other users to try out the product before purchase, get used to it, learn it inside out to maximize its possibilities and so you can master it to make your conversion rate at its best. This product saved us a lot of time and increased our conversion rate by 50 percent and it is so easy to use.

Optimizely helps us improve conversions through A/B split testing so we know what works and what doesn't for our company. Most major companies use optimizely which gives us an idea on how good this product is. We will definitely continue to use it as it's proven to be useful.

Optimizely review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"Optimizely review"

What do you like best?

Intuitive, data accessibility/visualization, can run multi-variate tests

What do you dislike?

Can't segment results by OS, would like to compare results between iOS and Android mobile web users, within a single experiment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be disappointed using this product. For beginner and advanced optimization experts alike, Optimizely gets the job done well.

Trying to solve how to acquire more mobile app users from our existing web traffic. We've been able to quickly test multiple mechanisms to help solve that problem.

Optimizely review by William G.
William G.

"Optimizely is a simple, yet robust A/B testing platform"

What do you like best?

Optimizely makes A/B testing super-approachable. Don’t believe me? Go to their website and type in any domain name, they will let you simulate A/B test with ease right from their homepage. The good part is, it’s not a gimmick. it really is that easy to get started

What do you dislike?

If you get super-sophisticated with your testing, tracking things appropriately and ensuring data integrity is not always as easy as you’d hope it would be. Their support team is available, but they weren’t always able to help us debug the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to check out Visual Website Optimizer. I’ve heard amazing things about them too.

We selected Optimizely so we could start A/B testing immediately. It’s a breeze to setup and you could start testing the same day. It definitely delivered on every demand / need we had. We were able to leverage it to achieve dramatic increases in our conversion rates.

Optimizely review by David U.
David U.

"Good for simple A/B Testing"

What do you like best?

Its a great product for simple a/b testing although the interface and its easy to visualize the results from the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Its very difficult to test templates that apply across multiple pages and since the dashboard continuously updates results it might be misleading in regards to significance. The code can slow down loading time in the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a good product for a/b testing two pages. However Google analytics offers the same thing for free.

We used it to test different landing page configurations with good results. We saw a 25% increase in sales just by changing our primary product photo.

Optimizely review by Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching
Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching

"Powerful and intuitive split testing tool"

What do you like best?

Easy setup and very user friendly interface

What do you dislike?

They moved away from serving small businesses and now only have enterprise level packages

We used this tool for 3-4 years for A/B testing and were always happy with the experience.

Optimizely review by Tor B.
Tor B.

"Great tool for front end or light functionality tests"

What do you like best?

I love the statistics for each test in the dashboard. And it's easy & powerful

What do you dislike?

the load time is a bit long so we get a small flicker when the test loads

We do optimiztions of all our pages, from copy, to element placement and more. We have had significant gains over time to then tune of millions of dollars.

Optimizely review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great tool for running experiments on your Application as well as the website!"

What do you like best?

In-depth Stats, informative blogs, intuitive UI and ability to customize experiments!

What do you dislike?

Its expensive and you are dependent on your developers to still do a lot of heavy lifting!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it if you have some budget and a few engineers who could help you with the setup!

Optimizing the product and website using a variety of experimental methodologies to ultimately offer our customers and visitors a high-quality experience while they are using us!

Optimizely review by Brennan N.
Brennan N.

"Great way to A/B test without the need for your developers."

What do you like best?

I liked how easy it was to setup A/B test and compare the data all without the need for your IT department to get involved.

What do you dislike?

I found it very cumbersome to make change to the locations of the button on your site and change the color of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it out it may not be for everyone but if you do you will see the difference in your conversion rates.

We were trying to improve the conversion rate of our lead form. We found changing the color of the submit lead had a significant improvement in conversion rates.

Optimizely review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Variant testing has never been easier"

What do you like best?

The easy to use pixel and internal layout makes AB tests easier than you'd think.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into anything that I dislike about Optimizely thus far and would recommend it to anyone looking for a tool to conduct variant testing.

Optimizely is helps determine which changes to our site are helping maximize conversions.

Optimizely review by Jeremy R.
Jeremy R.

"A/B Dead Simple"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to pull up a page and tweak every aspect of it on a text and html level. It makes it possible for me to test out varieties of changes before going through the grueling process of getting the corporate site dev team to make the change to the page.

What do you dislike?

It's pretty intuitive, but it doesn't prompt you out the gate to configure your goals. Don't forget that step otherwise it will default to just clicks vs a specific click.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to configure your goals.

It's killer for my PPC landing page optimization so far, but I only have used it for one client so far.

Optimizely review by Isaac G.
Isaac G.

"Testing made easy"

What do you like best?

Ease of use - getting started, running experiments, reporting on results from an experiment. The simplicity also lets me easily explain how it works to colleagues and allow them to understand the power.

What do you dislike?

I'd love more support around planning out a testing roadmap - not just what we're currently testing, but what we want to test in the next few months. Additionally, more reporting not just on individual experiment results but how those results, over time, are cumulatively adding value to the company

A/B testing and CRO.

Optimizely review by Administrator in Airlines/Aviation
Administrator in Airlines/Aviation

"Incredible support from a super easy/powerfull tool "

What do you like best?

Optimizely is unbelievable easy, at the same time it is really powerful. Also one of the things we like most is the customer support they have, from the customer success managers to every level. We are very happy with the decision.

What do you dislike?

No mobile app for experiments management

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate cost/benefits from the options. On our side, Optimizely was way far the best one

We had....

Long implementation cycles

Different point of views for changing elements on the website

We are getting now

Faster fixes implementation

Data driven decisions

Optimizely review by Eliza B.
Eliza B.

"Great a/b testing software "

What do you like best?

Quick and easy to set-up, very user-friendly interface. Runs great tests and the results are displayed in a great visual and analytical way.

What do you dislike?

Support does not always respond timely.

A/b testing images and copy, and setup on a website.

Optimizely review by Jackie D.
Jackie D.

"Great A/B Testing"

What do you like best?

The analytics to review A/B tests are very simple, and obvious when you should choose a winner or keep a test going.

What do you dislike?

We originally thought that Optimizely was a platform that would allow us to make tests without developers, but some of our tests caused unforeseen issues with our site, and we needed to get our developers involved.

Optimizing conversions and call to actions on our main site.

Optimizely review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Great first-year experience"

What do you like best?

The product is easy to use and supports flexible testing approaches. Account management is strong, and Optimizely is an easy company to do business with.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see Optimizely support development of a customer community that could share best practices and test outcomes.

Our primary use case is lead conversion rate optimization. Our first year has seen considerable improvements with projected 6-figure revenue impact.

Optimizely review by Dylan P.
Dylan P.

"Hands down, best optimization software on the market."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, simplicity with a robust feature set and consistent results and delivery.

What do you dislike?

Limited dislikes if any - enterprise pricing is high, but still worthwhile.

Focused on conversion optimization for form fills and e-commerce transactions. Leverage standard tool for personalization.

Optimizely review by Martin H.
Martin H.

"Easy to use, great returns!"

What do you like best?

Optimizely is great value for money and has really enabled us to see significant increases in conversions and revenue. And it's very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many cons to this tool, as long as you just want to set up simple a/b tests. When it comes to bigger changes, it gets a bit trickier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No reason not to at least try this tool.

We continue to run various a/b tests which enables us not only to improve but also to avoid losing potential customers had we just made the changes without testing.

Optimizely review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Simple to use tool, reporting is a little light"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to use and setup new tests. The interface is very clean and the ability to do simple content tests is great.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is a little sparse and the effect on site speed isn't ideal.

A/B landing page testing. We've seen our conversion rates improve on key pages.

Optimizely review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"Optimizely definitely helps with A/B Testing."

What do you like best?

The best part about Optimizely is that it really helps you think through your A/B testing of your website.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how much code is involved. Sometimes the code gets to be complex when actually implementing it onto your website. They make it sound easier than it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a good coder on hand when you go to implement the optimizely codes. Otherwise it is really hard to make it work the way you want it.

We figure out what calls to action give us the best ROI.

Optimizely review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great Software / Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Optimizely makes creating A/B tests extremely simple. With almost no programming knowledge, you can start editing your web pages and testing different variations.

What do you dislike?

Some of the more advanced features are harder to use. That is calling javascript triggers from optimizely, or setting goals that are not boolean. For example, we submit a hidden field with the amount of fields filled out in our form. There's no way to associate this value with the goal. It's only on or off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Awesome tool. Does a great job testing simple things on your page. Getting it to run more advanced tests takes a little customization, but you can usually get there.

We use Optimizely to test everything on our site from button sizes, to verbage, to timing on popup items. It does extremely well on these.

Optimizely review by Guido T.
Guido T.

"Powerful, detailed and budget friendly"

What do you like best?

The product excel in its way of showing complex data with simple graphs

What do you dislike?

there are some improvements possible in the integration of the tool with other analytics tools

Recommendations to others considering the product

It a great tool when use for site optimization goals. The biggest advantage is the easy to use interface, the clear representation of the data collected and an inexpensive price

we are trying to improve our website performance through ab testing

Optimizely review by Dalin B.
Dalin B.

"On the breaking edge"

What do you like best?

Product seems ahead of it's time. It really has helped us develop our website into a lead machine!

What do you dislike?

Hard to understand at first, but with practice it is worth the investment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look deep into options and you will see it is the best value dollar for dollar.

Not getting the most out of current traffic.

Optimizely review by Brittany D.
Brittany D.

"Optimizely"

What do you like best?

Great tool for web companies that are trying to determine how to deploy a new feature or whether an existing feature is beneficial. You can use AB testing or multivariate testing to determine strategic ways to increase your conversion rates.

What do you dislike?

Overall Optimizely works great and is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy tool for people with tech backgrounds or more limited tech backgrounds to use for AB testing of a website. Provides quick results that you can act on.

Trying to figure out the best way to deploy features or enhance existing ones to increase onsite conversion rates.

Optimizely review by Administrator in Consumer Electronics
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"Great tool for businesses with minimal budgets"

What do you like best?

that customers (small businesses) can access the tool - while some of the more advanced functionality isn't there for non-enterprise, it's a fantastic starting point.

What do you dislike?

Struggling to get the ecommerce / revenue tracking to pull through. No way to get support to help resolve.

message testing - ability to quickly roll out changes

Optimizely review by User in Online Media
User in Online Media

"Optimizely: First step in any testing program"

What do you like best?

If you want to start up your testing program Optimizely should be the first part to start. It makes A/B testing very easy and it's setup makes sure that you can have your first test running within an hour.

What do you dislike?

They could innovate even faster to make sure they will always be two steps ahead of the competition.

Making sure that we can grow engagement + conversion rates by continuously testing elements and strategies on our projects.

Optimizely review by Ben B.
Ben B.

"Very useful and relatively easy"

What do you like best?

Really awesome tool. Install the script on your site and test away. No altering the script on your site... same snippet of code is used on every page, so an include works excellently. The editor is slick (though it does struggle with arranging content at times, which is when we just open up the html and do it directly). All around a great tool that has helped us optimize our pages.

What do you dislike?

We're on the $80/month plan, which has just enough credits that we can do testing of interior pages (that don't get much traffic). We ran a test on the homepage and it used our monthly quota in about a week. Sadly, they don't have a mid-tier package. Instead you go from $80/month up to $400/month if you want a quota to do a lot of testing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It's a great place to start. Once you're a testing wizard you can move up to a bigger, more expensive tool.

Optimizely review by Matt H.
Matt H.

"Optimizely makes landing page testing easy."

What do you like best?

What I like best about Optimizely is the ability to drag and drop images easily.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Optimizely is its lack of targeting by time of day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and see how easy it is to use!

We are increasing conversion rates without having to utilize our engineering resources.

Optimizely review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Great product"

What do you like best?

The auto-split capability of the platform, and how easy it is to change content on the page without having to know code.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes customizing the pages to fit our very unique business needs is a pain.

We can easily gauge the effectiveness of changes on our website and landing pages now.

Optimizely review by Carrie G.
Carrie G.

"Great platform to drive results!"

What do you like best?

We use Optimizely and it's a great platform that can educate you on your users and what is working best with them. I definitely recommend them!

What do you dislike?

No complaints! We have enjoyed working with them!

Website A/B testing

Optimizely review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The interface is very easy to use and understand. Easily integrates with Google Analytics.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike. I haven't used the interface long enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize their training.

A/B testing for CRO. Able to test multiple items at once and turn on/off instantly.

Optimizely review by Amber H.
Amber H.

"Easy to use Testing tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use; doesn't require any assistance from a developer.

What do you dislike?

I would appreciate more guidance on testing best practices, and an tool to estimate how long it will take for a test to reach statistical significance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of their free trial to test it out.

Optimizely allows for simple management of multiple front end optimization tests, which allow us to incrementally increase conversion rates.

Optimizely review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"great"

What do you like best?

the 50/50 testing capability and the test results are straight forward to read

What do you dislike?

nothing. Everything has been very easy to implement

Recommendations to others considering the product

Similar to visual website optimizer. Should do thorough comparison between the 2 and go with whichever has favorable pricing. You will get good data either way

a/b testing. we have been able to find features that really make a difference

Optimizely review by Ishaan B.
Ishaan B.

"Optimizely-Improve your website"

What do you like best?

A/B Testing and Goals. Also integration with GA

What do you dislike?

Storing unnecessary data like old changes made

Improve customer experience

Optimizely review by Or C.
Or C.

"Best Multi-Variant Testing Tool Available"

What do you like best?

The ability to test your market segments with proof of concepts and design ideas.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this product.

Allows us to gauge how much traction we get with our site visitors before actually making site changes.