OptimizePress

OptimizePress is a Marketing & Sales Suite for Wordpress - Landing Pages, Membership sites

Work for OptimizePress?

Learning about OptimizePress?

Compare OptimizePress to Similar Solutions

OptimizePress Reviews

Showing 18 OptimizePress reviews
OptimizePress review by Sarah B.
Sarah B.

"Platform & Team Updates Have Brought Me Back"

What do you like best?

I had previously used OptimizePress and have returned to the platform in 2018 after discovering they have updated the platform. I've had a fantastic experience, and they have made huge improvements to support with less than 1 hour wait times for almost all emails I have sent. Complex enquires do take a little longer but this is to be expected.

Powerful templates with great support and membership functionality gives me everything I need to run my info marketing business.

What do you dislike?

Most issues I previously had have been resolved. The interface could perhaps be updated a little but the templates and elements in this platform beat those in other similar platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contact support if you need help - their team are excellent at helping you get up and running. They will help with installation if you need help. Some familiarity to WordPress is helpful but not required.

Creating landing pages for my information marketing business. I can also use the membership functionality to sell access to my content without the need for additional tools.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about OptimizePress
OptimizePress review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Great product ruined by the team behind it"

What do you like best?

Its simplicity of use, and how it is so quick to create something which looks so good, using its powerful elements. To make it better, it also works alongside WordPress, one of the most popular solutions for websites.

What do you dislike?

It is slow. Very very slow. This can be frustrating. But what really gets to me is their support - it is SHOCKING to say the least. I have waited 72 hours sometimes just for them to say "we are looking into your case". When you have deadlines that you are trying to work with, this is unacceptable. Their support is the worst I have ever come across, as multiple times my ticket has ever been solved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know the product inside out before committing to it, otherwise you will be stuck with a support query which no one helps you with, and your business is reliant on the product. Joy.

It plugs in with our current systems, and integrates pretty well with them too. It allows us to create good looking, mobile responsive pages in little time. It has really helped tap into the mobile market.

What Website Builder solution do you use?

OptimizePress review by Anne T.
Anne T.

"Excellent Platform For Membership Sites!"

What do you like best?

OptimizePress has allowed me an incredible platform to create digital products, lead capture pages, sales pages and a membership site. OptimizePress is very easily integrated with your Wordpress.org site with a simple plugin. It's the best software out there if you are looking to create digital products and membership sites. I currently use it on 3 sites.

What do you dislike?

At times it can be a bit confusing to use. You have to be very patient with yourself as it does require a simple learning curve. All that aside, it's worth going through the learning curve when you realize the benefits far outweigh this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended if you are creating digital products, lead capture pages, sales pages and membership sites. Highly professional looking and effective!

I have been able to create digital products which I never knew how to do. Problem solved! Their tutorials are very helpful in helping you get going. The benefits I have seen are that I don't have to hire someone to do all of the technical stuff I use to pay hundreds of dollars outsourcing. I have also been able to reach a wider variety of people with my digital products and my membership site.

Also, If I run into trouble, there are many folks on Fiverr who are able to help me out!

OptimizePress review by Shonali B.
Shonali B.

"Quite a learning curve, but with decent results once you get the hang of it"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of different elements you can use, which make creating pages a lot of fun. There are a lot of templates available, as well as several icon packs - so you can really create beautiful pages if you spend some time with the product.

What do you dislike?

All the settings are not intuitive, so there's quite a bit of a learning curve. In order to get some other plugins to work (e.g. ProgressAlly), you have to switch back and forth between the WordPress and OP interfaces, which is pretty clunky. So it's not plug-and-use.

I'm also not sure the Clubhouse is worth it for an additional $17 a month. Perhaps if you're a developer, or constantly building sites. But if you have one site you're managing, and periodically need new templates for landing & sales pages, you don't really need the membership, which they really upsell.

Finally, recently customer service has been ok, but in the past it was really hit-and-miss. I actually had to stop using my preferred affiliate plugin because they said they refused to work with OP, based on the latter's poor history of customer service. Like I said, personally I've been ok with it more recently, but it was a bit of a damper to have another company categorically refuse to create an OP-compatible plugin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about how you want your site to look and function 3 years from now, and evaluate OP, as well as comparable software, accordingly.

I use(d) OP to create landing pages, sales pages, as well as course pages. Once I figured out how to use it, it was pretty easy. BUT, had I not had a really amazing web mistress, who could take care of the CSS and certain other tech elements, it would have been excruciating.

However, thanks to our combined efforts, we've been able to create a really beautiful course site, which the students really enjoy.

OptimizePress review by Jonathan T.
Jonathan T.

"Good, Fully-Featured, Some Features Lacking"

What do you like best?

The page builder is pretty easy to use, and the integration between OptimizePress and OptimizeMember is pretty tight and useful.

What do you dislike?

The pagebuilder (Live Editor) saves the pages in a non-standard way, so some plugins (Like WPComplete) can't work with Live Editor pages (though it works with other page builders).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out which features you need and how comfortable you are working in wordpress and with CSS. If you can handle doing some customizations yourself, you can probably opt for the cheapest license.

We used it to create an online course website. OptimizePress and OptimizeMember together handled page creation, user accounts, selling access, protecting page content, etc.

OptimizePress review by Brad N.
Brad N.

"Pretty powerful conversion based product, but wasn't for me"

What do you like best?

At the time I used it, it did a great job of creating awesome landing pages. Really helpful for templated work. I moved to Divi by Elegant themes though, because I wanted more control over styling and layout. For users that don't know what they should do to increase conversions, this is an excellent product.

What do you dislike?

Lack of flexibility at the time I used it. I needed something that provided more control over layout and that allowed me to use any design I wanted for my landing pages. For what the product does, it is excellent, but for what my needs were, it wasn't a fit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a system that will help you optimize conversions and you don't need a ton of flexibility for layout and design, OptimizePress is excellent. If you need more than that, I am a very happy user of the Divi theme by Elegant Themes.

Conversion optimization. The product is focused there and provides the tools needed to make solid converting landing pages. It did a good job with converstions.

OptimizePress review by Kimberly H.
Kimberly H.

"Old and clunky"

What do you like best?

It was good a few years ago, but it has not kept up with many other platforms similar to it.

What do you dislike?

It is clunky, difficult to use, and doesn't integrate with other apps easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find something more streamlined and up to date

We used it to build a membership site a few years ago but are now moving away from it.

OptimizePress review by Rebecca D.
Rebecca D.

"Digital Marketing in One Place"

What do you like best?

I love OptimizePress! Pricing is great, you can use it on multiple sites, and it's so easy to use. It does TONS of things! Great value!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I didn't like was that they don't offer monthly options, only annual subscriptions (but that will give you the ability to use it on up to three sites, so it's not too bad).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great add-on for a small business just getting their website up and running. Tons of functionality to make you look like the big guys.

I am able to use this app to create landing pages, modules and notices on my websites.

OptimizePress review by Gregg T.
Gregg T.

"OptimizePress Fast and Easy Stunning Page Designs"

What do you like best?

The ability to use their templates to quickly create high-converting pages on Wordpress.

What do you dislike?

The on-going cost for the (optional) template club.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many page builders available, it may be worth taking a look around and performing due diligence on what best fits your needs. As for me, Optimize Press has worked just fine.

Being able to create opt-in and sales pages quick and how well it interfaces with Wordpress.

OptimizePress review by User in Music
User in Music

"Easy To Use - Great For Beginners"

What do you like best?

This was the first platform I used for collecting leads. I really like how easy it is to use for a beginner. I also like the user interface. Its clean, smooth and professional.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing in particular I don't like about Optimizepress. However, I do wish that this software had a countdown timer. I think this is a feature that could help impart urgency on prospective customers to opt in faster, yielding more sales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OptimizePress is a great product that will allow you to start fast and easy. Their support is also pretty good. If they keep heading in the direction they are in it will be even greater.

I needed a way to collect opt in's at my website, while also maintaining a professional look. Its been extremely beneficial as I've collected thousands of emails. The backend settings are also easy to understand. I've taught my staff how to create new pages and adjust other settings like a/b testing, etc.

OptimizePress review by Gisele G.
Gisele G.

"OptimizePress is a great app for landing pages and membership sites."

What do you like best?

It's really easy to setup a membership site and the landing pages all work really well together so you can create funnels in less time. There are pre-built templates for landing pages, webinars, thank you pages, funnels and more. Love the ability too add in elements into each page which are really nice looking and they can be based on whether someone is a member or not.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way the drip feed feature works. It's based on when someone became a member and not the day they signed up for a course. This is a very basic thing and I'm surprised it was overlooked. Also, if you use their built in theme, forget trying to match the look of the website to your blog. It's very, very difficult and little documentation. Technical support is way to slow. For some problems, I had to followup if anyone even got my support request after 3 days (and this was during the week). The documentation needs improvement as well as their online forums.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan everything out in advance. Re-think if you want to use their pre-built theme, because it's very difficult to match the look of your website if you setup a blog. For some reason, they are totally independent of each other, separate style sheets. In thinking, OptimizePress is great for landing pages when you want a different look to each page. For an entire website with a blog, I'm not a fan.

OptimizePress review by Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching
Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching

"Was the undoubted leader, now sadly an also-ran"

What do you like best?

Offers a good selection of landing pages etc which can form the basis of a good site.

What do you dislike?

OptimizePress really was market leader when the came out, and maintained that lead with V2. Unfortunately for them, the rest of the market has moved on significantly and left OP behind in terms of ease of use, features, flexibility and power.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really, these days there are many better alternatives around, including Digital Access Pass, LeadPages, and others.

Unless OP takes drastic action and makes some major overhauls to its offerings, I fear it is not really up to scratch these days.

It was very good for creating landing pages, and was a passable solution for basic membership sites when we first started using it.

Sadly, it has stagnated whilst other offerings have leap-frogged OP significantly, to the stage where we no longer use OP at all any more.

OptimizePress review by Ellory W.
Ellory W.

"A must-have business tool"

What do you like best?

OptimizePress is one of the best-values available for building sales and landing pages. Their membership plugin is wonderful as well.

They regularly publish new templates that look great. Their support, though sometimes a little slow, is reliable and knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes support takes a2-5 days to respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it. You won't regret it. And, you'll save money over their competitors.

I now have beautiful landing pages and a membership site that generates revenue.

OptimizePress review by Pavel R.
Pavel R.

"To complicated software. "

What do you like best?

It has pretty cool features for landing pages creation, good loading speed, visual editor.

What do you dislike?

It is complicated, paid templates looks outdate, so you need to develop new one. You need spend time to learn how does OptimizePress work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Feel free to try this software. In some cases it is good.

Good for membership websites. It has powerful features but you need learn documentation to understand what OP can do for you and how.

OptimizePress review by Darcy B.
Darcy B.

"Okay but major limitations"

What do you like best?

It seems to always function and has a membership capability

What do you dislike?

It is completely un-user friendly, there isn't really a drag and drop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would heavily weigh the other options. This one will work for you but it may not necessarily be the best for your needs.

Landing pages, membership area.

It works, does the job, doesn't seem to stop working

OptimizePress review by Stuart B.
Stuart B.

"Great wordpress plugin"

What do you like best?

Extremely customisable Wordpress plugin that's easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There could be even greater level of customisation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its the best software ever.

Makes my website look awesome

OptimizePress review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I used OP to build the sales page for my digital product. It was easy to use to build a page.

What do you dislike?

I found it difficult to figure out how to implement the membership options

OP helps me build effective sales pages that are easy to edit and make them consistent with my brand.

OptimizePress review by Consultant in Real Estate
Consultant in Real Estate

"Easy to Use but Limited Capabilities"

What do you like best?

OptimizePress was extremely easy to use. Live editor was a nice

What do you dislike?

Felt as if there were limited capabilities. More complex features weren't available or intuitive if they were available. Also had some issues with Live Editor.

To create squeeze pages. blogs, and generate leads.

Learning about OptimizePress?

* We monitor all OptimizePress reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare OptimizePress to Similar Solutions