Oracle Analytics Cloud

Comprehensive suite of enterprise BI products, delivering the full range of BI capabilities including interactive dashboards.

Work for Oracle Analytics Cloud?

Learning about Oracle Analytics Cloud?

Oracle Analytics Cloud Reviews

Ask Oracle Analytics Cloud a Question
Showing 122 Oracle Analytics Cloud reviews
Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Benjamin A.
Benjamin A.

"Oracle Analytics"

What do you like best?

- Oracle Analytics in version 12C is very user friendly for the user and robust.

- Amazing self-service analytics solution. Easy to implement and integrate.

- The performance is excellent and the interface very clear and minimalist which is refreshing.

- The presentation layer is excellent with a lot of out of the box subject areas and reports for Oracle ERP.

- Real-time reporting works very well.

- Very easy to customize everything. Ideal for a complex organization.

- Best in class for Financial reporting.

- Clear dashboard and easy to analyze data for the end user.

- Clear interface and ability to export in all formats and schedule conditional alerts.

- Ability to import your own data.

- Ability to build very complex reports.

- Large scale implementation.

- Constant update, upgrade and innovation from Oracle.

- Compatibility with Essbase cube and ability to report on top of it.

What do you dislike?

- Optimizer is not always picking up the right plan and some query can randomly be slower than usual.

- No integration with Hyperion Planning, PBCS or HFM.

- No detailed usage tracking dashboard or statistics dashboard. You have to create it on top of the usage tracking subject area.

- No easy to use visualization like Tableau.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- The Oracle company is massively investing into the Cloud and Autonomous products. Oracle Autonomous Analytics Cloud is the way to go in combination with Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse.

- The Oracle Analytics Cloud is an enterprise solution and can't be compared with a Data Visualization tool like Power BI or Tableau. This is not the same use at all.

- Oracle Analytics 12C is used for the manage Finance and Procurement at the Global level for the corporation.

- Full integration with Oracle e-Business Suites and real-time reporting.

- Oracle Analytics is allowing the corporation to consolidate and close the ledgers on time.

- Oracle Analytics is allowing the corporation to control all the invoices and assets in a click.

- Oracle Analytics is allowing to control all the spends and vendors.

- Oracle Analytics is allowing to cascade Financial and Procurement information to the locations level.

- Oracle Analytics is offering a complete Self-Service application for all users to automate reports.

- Multiple benefits: Full automation of Financial and Procurement reporting, automated drill-down from account balance to journal, to invoice, to purchase order. Close ledger faster, material impact. Pay vendor faster and on time. Better DSO, Better DPO. Real-time contract management and fixed assets. Faster integration of new business, locations, products and brands.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Oracle Analytics Cloud
Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Robert M.
Robert M.

"Nice consolidated and customizable data dashboards"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to aggregate a lot of data in a single place which allows for better visualization of key information. I like the ability to customize the data views and the export to PDF and excel features.

What do you dislike?

The "MyDashboard" is not as easy to set up as I would like but once I was able to set it up it really enhanced my use of BI as I can tailor relevant data from across our organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most important thing to consider is the data you are looking to collect and how you plan to visualize it. It is also important to think through how you will use the data across your organizations.

We look at our key SMART objectives to analyze our customer support and make adjustments and identify trends. We also use this to prioritize and base some of our hiring decisions on the data presented.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Aaron J.
Aaron J.

"Powerful yet Opaque BI Tool"

What do you like best?

It allows you to get to your data in a way that does not require programming to do so.

What do you dislike?

Depending on you application of OBI, you may not have any other visibility to you data. You may not be able to find out how some data related to another and you can create a report that you think has all the details you need, but it comes up blank because the data really is not connected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OBI works base when you have a choice and you are able to document clearly the relationships in your data.

At my current job we use it with Taleo to look at candidate application trends vs openings and other related metrics. We want to optimize the hiring process and make sure we are attaining our goals while getting the best candidate for the positions that are open.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Stanley J.
Stanley J.

"Great BI Tool for Higher Education."

What do you like best?

We use the BI Cloud service and we love the simplicity of creating Dashboards as well as very fast turn-around on projects. The data is easy to upload to be used and the process is safe and secure. We also love the idea of utilizing Oracle servers and we get software updates as soon as they are released.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the servers can lag a bit, but its usually off hours. Uploading data to the cloud can be slow and space is limited at 40Gigs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please look into the cloud solution as the technology is good enough now to support this type of architecture and speed and space are less expensive.

We are using student and application data to improve enrollment and increases retention and graduation.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Jacqueline L.
Jacqueline L.

"Great tool for tracking trends"

What do you like best?

I routinely use the historical data to implement changes and to evaluate the impact of certain metrics on the performance of my business. I utilize the create analysis tool to validate data that I have in other reports and also to make it easier to complete other business reports in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about Oracle BI. I would like to have the ability to access more e-learning from inside the tool. It is an intimidating tool at first but the possibilities are extensive depending on the sources of data that you allow Oracle BI to access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to use the tool regularly and it will get much easier over time. There will come a time when you need the data and using Oracle BI regularly with equip you with familiarity to pull and trust the data you retrieve.

Oracle BI helps to identify individuals and teams in need of additional support or training. I have realized that by routinely using this report, I can better manage my team. I can also assist others who are not as technologically savvy or familiar with Oracle BI and help those individuals to have access to the data they need in an easy to replicate manner so they can modify reports, analyses, and dashboards based on their needs. In a company of my size, it is imperative that we have business intelligence tool like Oracle BI to give us the edge we need in our industry. I really don't know if another BI tool would have the same capabilities as what Oracle provides for our team.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Matt R.
Matt R.

"Oracle BI has helps my company created detailed high level reporting in a flash"

What do you like best?

Easy of use. Oracle Business Intelligence enables you to pull and analyze data faster than other platforms I have used in the past. There are many different options within each function. Allowing the user a completely customizable report to be viewed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes pulling a report in Oracle Business Intelligence takes a while. I understand that compiling all this data is time consuming and the software must search through many different levels of data. that being said it is extremely easy to start pulling a report and let it load while working on something else.

The biggest problem that I have solved would be pulling large detailed reports faster than ever before. Before using OBI it would take an entire day to compile the data we were searching for. Now it is done within minutes.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Tyler H.
Tyler H.

"Useful but can be steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

Able to access most information I need, dashboards are very useful, built in pivot tables.

Dashboards can be built to easily access information quick that is used often. These dashboards can be linked to many different tabs making all information the same without duplicate inputs.

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve for most, need to be somewhat tech enabled to learn, possible to have too much information. Data loads can take a few hours depending on amount of programs it pulls from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can have a steep learning curve but if a user is constant with BI then issues regarding reports should be small. If usage is low it may take a few minutes to remember the program.

Income statement correction, capital management, capital project management. Customer space utilization.

Information can easily be manipulated to show customer and other divisions immediate data regarding space, expenses and income. It easily pulls all the information from multiple sources that are otherwise difficult to find. Customers are able to see reports about space utilization rates expenses and their overall rent bill.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Oracle is a complicated product"

What do you like best?

The ability to drill down is phenomenal...there are layers to everything and it's amazing to realize how deep Oracle can let you go.

What do you dislike?

We've have some major bugs with Oracle - either processes don't work or reports come out with messed up rows. BI is a tough tool for audits as well - they don't trust that it operates as it should and it is difficult to provide the evidence needed to feel confident about the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As you start from scratch, try to build things into your system that make it easier for you to export parameters and have electronic audit evidence to show your external (and internal) auditors - it will save a lot of time and assist in year-end reporting.

We use Oracle BI in many ways as we run reports, especially in our Revenue Accounting area.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Oracle Business Intelligence is used by me on a daily basis to pull different data on customers. "

What do you like best?

The best feature about this product is that the very user friendly GUI which I use daily to pull my data from the Oracle database . Data is very soundly categorized into different columns and selecting columns based on my requirements comes as almost intuitive to me. I also like the ability to select different views such as pivot and graphs directly from Oracle BI itself.

What do you dislike?

I dislike pulling huge data from the Oracle BI database. The pull is very slow and I have often experienced difficulties when filtering for a large number of criterias in my query. This forces me split my large number of criterias into different query. In addition my sessions tend to time out when querying for huge data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solid product, very user friendly and definitely one of the best in the market.

The primary business problem solved by me with Oracle BI is providing proper visiblity and accurate information on our customer from a corporate perspective. We are able to identify our top preforming customers country wide based on different metrics. This enables us to guide our sales force in areas where to focus relationship building and providing more value to our top customers. On the flip side we are also able to query out top declining customers and talk with our sales force to find out reasons and work towards problem resolution for these customers. All this greatly benefits the company in growing the business and retaining our customers based on solid data from Oracle BI.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"OAC review "

What do you like best?

the visual part of the product I was really looking forward to implementing, once I got into the DVCS instance it was easy enough to create data sets.

What do you dislike?

It was confusing, I did setup with an customer service rep, we setup OAC but also DVCS, it turns out there are two different data visualizations, we setup both and were charged for both. The environment setup was supposed to be easy but even via online help chat the Oracle assistance couldn't figure out how we did the original setup. Data visualization flattens the account dimension which is very difficult to use.

we tried to build a POC environment but it was too similar to OBIEE the visualizations were very static

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Consultant in Pharmaceuticals
Consultant in Pharmaceuticals

"Oracle's in house BI tool, great integration, not as sleek at other products"

What do you like best?

Most organizations will most likely install as part of a larger Oracle migration. Tool works well out of the box and integrates well with Oracle products. Allows for speedy analysis for enormous data sets that may have not been accessible without a BI tool.

What do you dislike?

Nowhere near as sleek as the BI leaders such as Tableau. Does not provide the east of adding additional data sources without lots of complications. Features feel outdated to other BI tools. Does not have the community support that come with other applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would reccomend a more flexible and richer product like Tableau that isnt meant to only play nicely with partnered data sets. The ease of use and dynamicness is not there.

Analyzing large data sets from Oracle that do not need to be connected to additional sources.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Oracle BI is one of the powerful BI tools in the market today"

What do you like best?

Recently the changes brought in by Oracle to port the Oracle BI from on-premise to Cloud and on the go Visual Analytics are quite impressing.

The integration with various other tools in Oracle suite is also very helpful for Oracle customers.

The availability of Oracle BI Mobile HD is also a good value add to the customers since they can use the same dashboards and reports on Mobile interface as well.

What do you dislike?

The requirement to model the metadata is quite intensive in Oracle BI and often seen as a deterrent for adoption by the Business users.

From visualization perspective as well, new visualizations should be incorporated by Oracle

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very good product for Structured data analysis as far as I have used. Recently, the integration with Big Data and Hadoop through Impala / Hive is also made possible. I am yet to research on these areas

Almost all levels of analysis can be driven by Oracle BI if the data is structured.

We have worked with Structured data analysis and Dashboard / reports in all the horizontals and OBIEE / BICS have proven expertise.

BICS / OBIEE 12 c has options to be integrated with Fusion Apps which is helpful.

BICS Visual Analyzer also helps in data discovery which works in tandem with the normal Answers based reports and dashboards. We have seen multiple instances where the analysis from Visual Analyzer feeds the reporting requirement on OBIEE dashboards / reports.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Great tool for data maintenance and analytics"

What do you like best?

The software allows for loads of data to be stored. Tables are very customizable and the tool is easy to work with to generate analytics and create additional tables based off of base data.

What do you dislike?

There is no easy data dictionary piece. Since my team uses it to store and use it for loads of data, we had to create our own data dictionary for the tables and fields relevant to our team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The key in developing and using this tool is definitely having the correct data and good data quality. The tool itself is purely customizable and will generate what you design it to generate. If you are having issues with reports and analytics, it is most likely data quality that is the issue really.

Data storage, data analytics, reporting and forecasting. We incorporated BI to have data, reporting, analytics, forecasting, etc. in one tool, as opposed to more manual efforts that used multiple platforms.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"OBIEE = BOMB."

What do you like best?

The manipulation you can make to your results is phenomenal. You can rely less on your filters and formulas and handle a lot of the organization and calculation on the presentation end.

What do you dislike?

It's not as good with complex queries (like unions, etc.) as SAP Business Objects.

I'm a Business Analyst on a Reporting Team for a government agency in the State of Vermont. OBIEE is vital to our regular operations as well as our outlook for major business process improvements. We create worklists from this, but we also create great dashboards and scorecards to track trends and KPIs.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Ashley O.
Ashley O.

"Oracle for HR"

What do you like best?

It captures all of the information needed to track employee data including position growth and pay increases over the tenure of employment.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit dated which makes it time consuming to search for certain data points when needed.

We are using the reporting function to perform a lot of data clean up.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"BI making life easier every day"

What do you like best?

Oracle BI hi so far made my work life much easier. There are definitely some learning curves in building some of the reports but that is to be expected.

What do you dislike?

At certain times the software can feel clunky, and not intuitive. I wish that it had a little bit better interface but again that is to sometimes be expected with these platforms

The biggest issue that this product has helped my organization figure out is that now we have a repository that we can truly say is our source of truth for several significant reports. It takes a lot of guesswork out of trying to pull metrics which I really like

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Felix P.
Felix P.

"Powerful if Developed Correctly"

What do you like best?

BI is a very useful tool in creating executive level dashboards and displaying complex data in a visually appealing format. The ability to pull in large data sets from multiple sources and dynamically update saves our organization labor costs and functions nicely to provide a dashboard that updates in real time. Drill-downs are also a very useful feature.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue our organization has with BI is the lack of flexibility in changing datasets and display of data. Our department often receives ad-hoc data requests that we have to tweak in excel to display in a format suitable for our clients. With BI, once you create parameters and specifications, it is a pain to tweak.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think carefully of your parameters and specifications before deciding on a display. It is a pain to change.

We were able to quickly display dynamic data in an efficient manner. It also provides a stunning visual of the data we want displayed to our leadership team.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Samrat M.
Samrat M.

"Oracle BI : Brilliant Past, Chequered Present, Hopeful Future"

What do you like best?

Oracle BI (or Oracle Business Intelligence (Enterprise Edition)) has been around for years first as an analytics tool from NQuire and then packaged by Siebel and subsequently now under the Oracle platform is best known for

a) its seamless capability to report across disparate datasources,

b) its more efficient 'Report Bursting' feature from Oracle BI Publisher than other tools such as Business Objects

c) a semantic layer that is more logically structured than any other reporting tool.

d) flexible and stable security model using Weblogic services which can be clustered with other fusion middleware products also using WebLogic (versions must be compatible) as its administration platform.

e) Great integration capabilities with Siebel, Oracle Ebusiness Suite, Peoplesoft , JD Edwards and a few other market leading ERP/CRM tools.

What do you dislike?

Oracle has provided a few exciting features which are not without its own serious niggles:

a) Building Oracle BI Aggregates using Summary Advisor: This works if the service is robust but can cause serious implications if the Oracle BI service is unstable. Another problem is incrementally refreshing aggregates is a night mare because there just isn't any certified way of doing this, the only way is to drop and rebuild the OBIEE aggregates and this can take time!

b) Data-federation capabilities have been widely marketed by Oracle but it really depends upon how efficient your hardware is: to be able to federate data across disparate data sources you really need the memory on your server to be topnotch or even may have to buy another of Oracle's offerings on its range of servers.

c) Features such as joining of 'Subject Areas' in OBIEE should never have been enabled as it does defeat the whole process of kimball compliant dimensional design. Logically, how could you be absolutely certain that the detail of the information provided across the two 'subject areas' or logical collection of attributes for a certain process would be the same? If not , this feature gives unpredictable results!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using Oracle BI with a industry leading data migration tool such as Informatica.

Reason to suggest because this was the secret ingredient in many a Oracle BI implementation in several of my clients in the past and it still works even in my current project.

Use Oracle BI but try and refrain from using Oracle's own proprietary data migration tools such as Oracle Warehouse Builder or Oracle Data Integrator.

I am building dimensional models from scratch using Oracle Business Intelligence Applications and using them with existing out of the box conformed dimensions to qualify the data. Of course this data needs to be brought in through ETL Informatica and brought into OBIEE business model for end user consumption.

Benefits are:

An improved level of visualisations for OBIEE reports. This has been a very positive feature as OBIEE is always considered for operational reporting rather than nice graphical features found in Qlikview. The OBIEE user interface now gives a better graphical end user experience than ever before.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Adam M.
Adam M.

"Great Access to Self Service Reports"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to produce valuable reports in a timely manner from Oracle BI on a range of subjects.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the relatively older user interface that I used on Oracle BI compared to the latest web provided interfaces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to have transition and training content and leaders in order to ensure you're getting full value from the platform.

We are solving the need to constantly check and analyze our customer and site performance levels to ensure we're meeting service level agreements and customer revenue goals.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Financial Services

"Web Support"

What do you like best?

It's very useful for giving immediate results when a client is currently logging in, I'm able to see if they were successful in logging in or if they used an incorrect password.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes if the search parameters are too large, such as spanning over, say more than a 24 hour period, then the results take a while to load, sometimes even freezing the web browser.

I am solving website access issues such as forgotten passwords, forgotten security question answers, and making sure that online access is successful.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Jaime L. R.
Jaime L. R.

"Oracle BI is tops for Analytics"

What do you like best?

Oracle BI (Business Intelligence) is a really great program. It collects a massive amount of data about a business and then has the analytics capabilities to actually transform this data into meaningful numbers so that you can interpret it easily. Also, the cost is very low which is nice.

What do you dislike?

The interface is not as smooth as it could be; the company should update the technological platform on which it is running to allow for a smoother operating experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The interface is a little wonky, but other than that this product is excellent and can help you manipulate data to answer your toughest business questions.

It allows you to see and manipulate various data in order to answer questions about your business. The predictive analysis feature is especially nice.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Doug R.
Doug R.

"OAC implementation quality does not match marketing"

What do you like best?

Ease of administration; some features in DV are excellent including stories, brushing, etc.

What do you dislike?

Stability of DV is below standard. Frequent errors and hang ups. Configuration that requires multiple licenses of database, storage, compute, and analytics. Oracle Support is non responsive when issues occur.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wait for a more stable releaase

Financial data warehouse for a university. Custom dashboard and report development. On premise OBIEE is stable and useful.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Kristeen S.
Kristeen S.

"Great for businesses!"

What do you like best?

Big data capability, all-in-one solution, in-memory analytics capability.

What do you dislike?

Archaic interface, not able to explain how to use easily without testing for it done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have time on learnING the product. If need be, have someone help out with explaining how to use it. Even if you have to contact customer care.

Mostly having to deal with lots of data having to be stored and shifting through it all within a timely fashion. It's easy to use once you are able to figure out how it works (which there are tutorials online for.)

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Alan C B.
Alan C B.

"Oracle BI, OBIEE"

What do you like best?

Works well with Oracle EBS data, for Finance, and for number crunching. Many people export to Excell and do analysis and formatting from there.

What do you dislike?

Does not work well with non Oracle data sources

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully evaluate all the options and providers

Operational Reports

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Abby R.
Abby R.

"Oracle Business Intelligence is a Great program"

What do you like best?

Oracle is an overarching system with many capabilities and functions

What do you dislike?

Familiarizing yourself with all the capabilities takes some time, but it is definitely achievable to become fluent in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to familiarize yourself with all the potential uses of Oracle Business Intelligence to learn all you can for a great and productive user experience.

Oracle Business Intelligence helps with sales reporting and tracking and helps you and your team work in a streamlined manner.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by K. P.
K. P.

"Review of Oracle OBIEE"

What do you like best?

It is a good Enterprise Reporting Platform when you are using other ERP Products like HCM, Financial, Order Management etc ... Integrating with Multi-dimensional db like Hyperion is good ...

What do you dislike?

They are still integrating tightly with many products. You will come across many bugs and flexibility issues ...

Recommendations to others considering the product

UI Can be improved ...

Provide Enterprise reporting solution integrating with many other Oracle products. Easy to integrate and get support when you use

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Oracle BI is great for reporting and analytics."

What do you like best?

I like how each team member can have their own access and see changes others have made. I also like how often it refreshes.

What do you dislike?

It is a little clunky, though the updates have helped.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need to have some data experience but is otherwise great.

We use BI for the data and analytics components. It makes it easy to share insights and visualizations with clients.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"A great experience so far."

What do you like best?

Once installed and configured this is an incredibly powerful tool. We have it set up with 3 levels of security, AD, repository and JDE business unit security. We have a myriad of Dashboards and reports configured and an ever growing user base. From guys in service tracing warranty's and parts to the entire executive team this tool provides great results with near real time data.

What do you dislike?

Very heavy overhead on DB side. Cost per user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once installed and configured this is an incredibly powerful tool. If you are upgrading from existing version can be a very painful process.

Financial reporting, Tracking of sales, revenue and warranty support. Drill down to the smallest levels.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Oracle BI – Analytical and Executive Dashboard Solutions"

What do you like best?

Oracle BI is a good solution for business analytics because it provides the ability to leverage and manipulate data models and create specialized, business-focused dashboards that meet user requirements. Dashboards are easy to develop, and users are pleased to have customized reports with the company’s key accounts metrics at their fingertips. Developers can dive right into the technology in order to start building BI solutions to help their organizations.

The user interface is concise and more aesthetically pleasing than some other reporting tools. The data visualizations are helpful to both financial analysts and executives, and advancements in mobility have considerably increased the popularity of Oracle BI.

What do you dislike?

There are certain times in the OBIEE development process when I wish there was more flexibility in BI Answers and Dashboards.

Some of the limitations include:

1. Displaying graphs, tables, and prompts side by side within an analysis

2. Editing specific pieces of an analysis, such as grand totals. Conditional formatting only goes so far.

3. Easily defining different periods or member combinations for different scenarios

4. Errors could be more specific.

5. Performance issues with Essbase

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company is looking for a BI tool with excellent dashboard capabilities and a user-friendly interface, I would recommend Oracle BI as your solution. Oracle BI is very successful and popular with hundreds of users throughout my large organization. I would contact Oracle with questions about your specific business needs and schedule a meeting and demonstration with the Oracle BI team.

The capabilities of Oracle BI 11g are leveraged in many ways, including mobile deployment, by financial analysts and executives to perform reporting and analysis activities that drive critical business decisions. Dashboard solutions have been implemented across multiple business units and functional teams in a large company with over 50,000 employees. Data visualizations are used to report on business information, such as key account metrics for direct and indirect business, program analysis, variance reporting, and operating procedures. Analytical and executive dashboards have gained significant momentum over the last 3-5 years and continue to be a major driver in the organization as the capabilities are expanded and executives buy in to the solution.

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Oracle BI : Few Pros and Cons from a developer point of view"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the tool to display the data using various visual aids. Ease of drag and drop to build reports and conditional formatting, charts , graphs, pivots and multiple views is very helpful to help one in visualizing the data. The compound layout feature helps in combining these various views into a single report and add to that the view selector option which helps you see the data in different formats as per your requirement. The Dashboard feature helps in organizing the reports in a very meaningful way. Ability to link multiple other tools like Noetix and Custom Subject area creations in addition to the Oracle BI Apps.

Integration of the platform with other tools like Hyperion, BI Publisher RTD.

What do you dislike?

Unable to download the data in a multi tabbed excel like that which was possible in Discoverer.

Reports running off as a default option while going to the view layout section.

Performance issues in the queries being fired to the database via the OBIEE server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the need is for a purely analytical reporting based on data warehouse then OBIEE would be definitely in considering the ease of use for the user to learn as well as to ramp up. But in the case of transactional reporting the queries can be huge and it would need a bit more tuning of queries and weblogic server. Oracle would need to consider some of the components of Oracle BI to be suited for transactional reporting.

Introduction of a visual reporting tool to the customer who has been using data from SQL extracts. Replacement of a legacy tool.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Mohley S.
Mohley S.

"I have worked on Oracle BI close to 6 years now. Done many end to end implimetation."

What do you like best?

Its ability to provide enterprise level solution through Metadata repository which also allows you to improve/remove all poor ETL modeling. The ease of report development, if the model is done right.

What do you dislike?

Most time we face challenges where the Visualization does not work as expected. Also, export formats, size has lot to improve. Security Modeling is little tricky but never a bottle neck.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BI is not a data dump tool, it’s a core analytical tool and has very powerful features to integrate data across business process. BI Publisher provides one of the best pixel perfect reporting.

OBIEE provide Enterprise level reporting solution across all business domains independent of source platform.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Tiffany H.
Tiffany H.

"Oracle BI 12c - Wonderful upgrades for Analysts"

What do you like best?

Absolutely wonderful product for visual analysis. Ease of use is unparalleled.

What do you dislike?

If you have not used Oracle BI before, definitely find a training class first. It can be a bit overwhelming without any prior experience.

Analysis needs are being met much quicker. We have received much positive feedback since implementing 12c.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Consultant

"Oracle BI/Analytics back in business!"

What do you like best?

Oracle Analytics is very easy to get going - it took me less than 10min to startup. The ability to connect any data easily is awesome. I like the new machine learning features, too.

What do you dislike?

The changes for the identify cloud have been a challenge, though we see the light at the end of the tunnel - we look forward to this working seamlessly in the future.

Mainly bringing data from disparate systems together - some structured, some unstructured. Enabling new visualizations for users has helped adoption.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Furniture
User in Furniture

"Oracle BI for a Manufacturer"

What do you like best?

The dashboard layout was easy to navigate and overall the system was very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

With limited user licenses for writing reports, there could be a long wait for designated members to write a report for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you know what you need, who in your company can help you create reports and what modules in the ERP system the data will pull from you should be set.

BI reports provided a wide array of information for my group including data to record journal entries and to do month end/year end/quarter end reporting.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Deepti N.
Deepti N.

"OBIEE Product Review - "

What do you like best?

OBIEE is a very user friendly tool. We are using OBIEE in our organization for creating dashboards for higher management for yearly analysis of finance details, enrolment details of students & calculate the load and revenue. OBIEE is one the most powerful Business Intelligence tools currently in market which has ability to create very fine, highly analytical, faster, user friendly & visually amazing dashboards.

What do you dislike?

Currently the product provides amazing features, however I feel when users want to use product for ad-hoc reporting there are number of challenges. Also OBIEE generates its own SQL once we create RPD and Dashboards/reports and there is not customized SQL creativity offered to the developers. Many times it’s quite easy to write your own SQL and generate what you desire. If we get these functionalities added there would not be any issues. It’s not that I dislike about this product but just that it’s a fall back I feel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OBIEE is one of the most powerful Business Intelligence tools in market right now. It’s best to use it for creating reports and dashboards. Very user friendly & developer friendly, easily customizable tool with excellent view.

We have large number of users across the university. When users want analytical data or view of the reports it really becomes difficult to get information from system, reconcile and massage the data. We are using data warehousing solutions in our organization which will not only help handle data volume and generate quality dashboards but also helps user drill down to the level desired to do yearly reviews.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by David C.
David C.

"Good but still needs a lot of work"

What do you like best?

once the RPD is set up, good to join facts together to get metrics across different indicators

What do you dislike?

the UI is just not very user friendly and seems to be lacking when compared to other BI tools from other companies

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you have people that can support this. We dont have much inhouse staff to support this yet

drilling ,rolling up, pivots

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Great functionality"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and easy to get data. The dashboards provide such a clear picture in an efficient manner.

What do you dislike?

Some of the design features can be a little weird and it goes down a lot

Provides accurate data for how many calls/inquiries we receive and what the trends are from those calls/inquiries

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Oracle BI Software Tools Review"

What do you like best?

I currently use BI Direct and BI Unscripted, the reporting and analytical capabilities are robust.

What do you dislike?

BI Unscripted requires some knowledge of SQL statements and case statements which can pose a challenge for some end users.

Oracle allows business users to analyze and report from our multiple data sources and systems.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Financial Services

"I work operations at a payroll company"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Oracle is how user friendly the platform is. When we get new employees it is very easy to train them on how to use Oracle BI.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how many log files are created at times, I believe that the way they are saved makes them difficult to root through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, overall for value I believe this is a good product.

We use Oracle BI to detect any problems eith our GUI interface, ones that have the potential to cause the code to break.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Rajesh G.
Rajesh G.

"It gives a holistic view of the reports and reports are consolidated in a structural way"

What do you like best?

Data reports and switching of reports from primary to standby DBs

What do you dislike?

Rpd deployments can be tough, planned maintenance windows can take longer time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the product suits the user requirements, go for it

Less dependency on analytics engine and making on the fly rpd deployments on shorter maintenance windows.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Nicholas L.
Nicholas L.

"Analytics withouth a hastle"

What do you like best?

I too easy to use, easy to share, and easy to get started!

What do you dislike?

There's not really anything I dislike about this product yet

This helped us to pinpoint where we are not succeeding and where we are overspending

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Nitish G.
Nitish G.

"It's Best."

What do you like best?

Easy to learn.It gives us power to give solution to all the business requirements and business problems.It is very easy to learn and it's gui gives us chance to design accordingly.Also it mingles with ORACLE database very well.It is improving by version version to.

What do you dislike?

It is quite heavy tool.Also at backend it requires many steps to setup.For vert small issues many a times it is very hard to find why it is not performing as we want.It should have some debug facility means it should give us ways to find out the error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very good tool.

I can solve all business problems.By using it I can make pivot tables graphs.Using JAVA with it we can implement other functionalities as well.I had to do a lot of search on this one. The client wanted to display dashboards organized as per their custom requirements. By default dashboards get displayed alphabetically. eg.

Supply Chain and Order Management

But user need to display dashboards like

Solution

A. Prefix nos in front of the dashboards in the catalog manager. But this displays the dashboards as:

1 Human Resources

2 Procurement and Spend

3 Supply Chain and Order Management

4 Financials

B. Prefix Dashboards with spaces in the catalog manager. Figure out which one you want first. Start by adding a single space to the last one and increase upward as (so Financials has a single space prefix and Humans Resources has 4 spaces prefix):

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and the delivered reports are very user friendly and ready to use from day one.

What do you dislike?

Developing BI reports using different data sources is hard as we need to enable several ways of interfaces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the delivered reports and avoid customization.

It is connected to peplesoft and lots of reports related to Supply Chain, Financials are very helpful.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Great Data Warehouse"

What do you like best?

Oracle BI is relatively easy to navigate and organizes the data in a way that it is easy to request exactly what data you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

There have been various instances where the system is overloaded if too much data is pulled at one time or too many users are on at one time.

Data mining

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Deepti D.
Deepti D.

"Oracle BI (OBIEE)"

What do you like best?

Worked earlier on SAP products, first time working on oracle product OBIEE. Loved OBIEE interface, modern graphical represenatations & excellent user freindly access to dashboards.

Simple drill down functionalities and graphs make reports & dashboards really look extraordinary. Excellent for higher management of organization.

What do you dislike?

I feel the data modelling is bit complex in OBIEE & maintaining / Merging RPD's is bit overhead. There should be easy way to maintain repositories. There is no scope of adding custom SQL's which is required many times & becomes easy to edit and customize SQL. There should be easy way to save OBIEE reports/dashboards to external file location/server location for user access. Apart from that i have not found any issues so far with OBIEE, as I mentioned I am new to OBIEE now & have more expertise on SAP BI products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need smart, intelligent BI tool with excellent interface & amazing dashboards Oracle BI is your choice. Its developers delight & end users dream to have such BI tools.

Higher business management requires review of students enrolled every year and the statistics was generated in big XLS which needed lot of manual intervention. With help of OBIEE reporting, we not only managed to create excellent dashboards for higher management but also provided statistics in form of graphics which helped deans and higher management to get quick numbers. Impressive turn around time while running high volume data reports helped u

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Nitin J.
Nitin J.

"Awsome experience while using this product"

What do you like best?

Its ability of generating optimum cost query at run time is one of the most beautiful feature, that gives immense leverage to this tool. Oracle answers gives the the wide flexibility to create almost any kind of teport and after adding BI Publisher to Oracle BI, I believe we can create any report we need.

It gives us the flexibility to create report in Excel Sheet with mulitple tabs, with the flexibility of usings its macro coding. Combinition of excel and macros proved excellent in creation of reports.

What do you dislike?

Multi User Development Environment is not mature till now. Still we face issues with that.

Also, deployment of incremental release changes is another pain in OBIEE RPD.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oracle BI is a very good tool to use. After BI Publisher has been added to this tool, the power has increased like anything. Now we can create almost all sort of reports, deliever it in any mode and can do lot more with the features like bursting, iBots etc.

At present currently working on the transformation project where business is moving from the old technology BAAN to Oracle EBS and hence reporting in Oracle BI.

Earlier client was using excel sheets for reporting that has now been transformed into Dashboards. One of the benefit that everyone has reliazed that due to the reporting in excel sheet, there were number of reports of same kind with some small filter difference, that are now has been reduced to a big extent by the use of Prompts in Dashboards.

Efficiency and reusability is another benefit. Also, client will not be dependent on analyst to that extent as it was earlier, as earlier queries were written by analyst and if in case of that analyst change the job, it used to become quite difficult to get the knowledge transfer done.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Arjun K.
Arjun K.

"Oracle BI - All the Analytics You Need"

What do you like best?

Oracle BI or OBIEE offers a web based environment with powerful data visualizations, dashboarding capabilities, KPI tracking and actionable intelligence. The product very user friendly and is easy to be familiar with for end-users. OBIEE allows you to build metrics and make them available to the analytics consumers at run-time. This allows you to encapsulate the calculation logic and if in the event you want to change the logic, you only need to make the change once and it shows up on all analytics created using them. OBIEE offers Security integration with popular identity management tools including LDAP , AD, Oracle Identity Manager to provide single-sign-on capabilities.

What do you dislike?

OBIEE is not Microsoft Excel and although it offers most of the visualization capabilities offered in Excel and much more, Excel can still be custom-formatted to a higher degree. OBIEE offers standard display formatting which can be tweaked to a good extent, however not to the level of Excel.

Access to Human Resource data in PeopleSoft ERP system.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Bhupal K.
Bhupal K.

"BI Architect/ OBIEE Technical Lead "

What do you like best?

Views , Score Cards , Pivot tables , Creating adhoc reports , Creating Multiple dash boards . Using BI publisher reports

What do you dislike?

IBOT scheduling issues , Oracle product it self lot of bugs is their . we raised Severity 1 SR , but still not at fixed .

Reports Performance tuning , SSO integration ,LDAP authentication . As long as reports run quick without delay users feel happy.....

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Andrea C.
Andrea C.

"Worked at Oracle and used the BI tool"

What do you like best?

I liked how I could easily go in to customer 360 and see each and every prospect and which products they used of ours

What do you dislike?

Thought it could be a little confusing at times

Gives deep insight into how business runs

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Public Safety
User in Public Safety

"Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

Oracle is great at simplifying tasks. I find more and more tools daily to use.

What do you dislike?

Unsure if I identified any dislikes.As I continue to work

Payroll solutions, timekeeping needs and A/P and A/R.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Sandip S.
Sandip S.

"User Friendly and scalable"

What do you like best?

Sacalable and agile , Good and dynamic presentation layers

What do you dislike?

Integration with other Databases should have been much more easier

Day to day Dashboards for the top management and reporting on the go for instatnt decision making

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Vinay A.
Vinay A.

"Oracle BI & Publisher"

What do you like best?

Oracle BI - Many good features - Look n Feel UI , various report views options , writeback feature, heirarchy column in presentation layer , action links , archive/unarchive reports, easy deployment process using EM and admin console, easy integration using weblogic console , easy monitoring of server status and access to logs in EM

BIPublisher: Ease of design and ease of formatting report. Best options are bursting and multitab output in excel

What do you dislike?

Oracle BI : Not comfortable doing incremental updates to RPD and Catalog with merge process or applying patch files. Process is confusing and needs alot of recheck of deployed objects.

Oracle BIpublisher - Excel template limitation. Currently BIPublisher support only xls templates and which limits o/p rows to 64k or less.

BI reports for retail functional domain.

Report delivery to different channels using publsiher

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Mabel F.
Mabel F.

"Use often"

What do you like best?

Many features, powerful and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Not easy to fix mistakes, need to restart

Analyse data

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Tanvir M.
Tanvir M.

"Oracle BI"

What do you like best?

the reporting across EBS like AP,AR, GL , FA is so smooth and user friendly

What do you dislike?

There is a new navigation which is bit difficult to understand

Customer order analytics, vendor management , Cost

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Cassandra K.
Cassandra K.

"Oracle BI Review"

What do you like best?

Reports are easy to use and customize-able.

What do you dislike?

Organization of reports can be confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the data that can be pulled fits what you're looking for, if it is, it's a great resource.

Performance and metrics are easy to view.

"Oracle BI"

What do you like best?

I liked the ability to drill into my install base and look for low hanging fruit to target. This lead to some quick easy wins.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the amount of time it took for me to learn the product. It wasn't self explanatory and I had to get a lot training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it if you have time for a learning curve.

I was selling infrastructure when clients had problems with the amount of hardware they had.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Vishal M.
Vishal M.

"Nice reporting tool with default integration with major ERP"

What do you like best?

Pre-built reporting dashboards with integration of Oracle EBS

What do you dislike?

software size is too bulky. It requires good amount of database

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compared to QlikView or SAP BO, Oracle BI is good product with default reporting dashboards. Easy integration with Oracle EBS

Reports are too dynamic and user friendly

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Julia's feedback"

What do you like best?

Sleek UI, availability of many target app adapters, easy to integrate new data sources, pairs up to Tableau

What do you dislike?

Drag and drop functionality to create new visualizations is pretty specific. A little challenging to navigate accross multiple places to build a dashboard.

Data visualization & dashboarding using multiple data sources; bridging gap between operational data & financials

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Lee M.
Lee M.

"great program"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to navigate. Great for handling issues

What do you dislike?

Slow at times however all in all a decent program

Customer relation issues are solved quickly

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"highly customizable"

What do you like best?

I'm able to have our analysts build reporting tools and save them into BI for easy use by others

What do you dislike?

When data sits for too long without being downloaded, it becomes stale and has to be refreshed.

We use this for various things ranging from productivity reports to billing reconciliation projects. Very useful to pull necessary internal data.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Renee G.
Renee G.

"Fast, easy to use. Innovative "

What do you like best?

Oracle Endeca is great for organic visibility and user experience. Features are endless and easy to use especially for ecommerce websites.

What do you dislike?

Oracle Endeca is not for older websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using faceted search with oracle Endeca, don't disallow them in the robots.txt file. The internal site search pages are meant to be indexed by search engines and can help drive a significant more amount of visibility to your website.

Improving organic visibility and user experience through faceted search and internal site search.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Prasad Raju R.
Prasad Raju R.

"Oracle BI and BI Publisher great look and feel"

What do you like best?

Using Oracle BI Answers, Dashboards are very easy to create Ad-Hoc reporting, I very much like BI Publisher which integrated with OBIEE to create own reports using Paste SQL or from VO and different database. Also BI Publisher feature to generated default RTF without any BI publisher knowledge to create template using template builder.

What do you dislike?

Oracle EBS security integration will not work on Active Data Guard or Data Guard schema because not insert session i global temporary tables for initialize security. Because Oracle R12 tables security based on database level session security so if the data guard schema not allowing to insert sessions then no way to get security data.

Oracle BI Transaction reports creation and Oracle EBS security with BI report. Implementing custom and standard EBS security for Oracle BI operational reports.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Great efficient program"

What do you like best?

It has been really simple to read all of the data and information that was difficult to process before

What do you dislike?

I don’t dislike anything specific about oracle. I have a slight learning curve in navigation but that is all

We have been able to organize all of our survey data in a new matter

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Administrator

"Quick Results"

What do you like best?

The ability to drive results from analytical information quickly. I am now able to provide answers and questions to management very quickly from inception to delivery.

What do you dislike?

I don't care for tools for cloud usage. I want the easyiest port possible.

Trooper car usage and hot spots of travel protection needs

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Nilesh A.
Nilesh A.

"Oracle Business Intelligence - Good but not great"

What do you like best?

Good Enterprise BI Tool. Easy for users to create analysis. Lot of information available on web about troubleshooting issues and solving report building problems

What do you dislike?

Unstable, Buggy, Administration and Maintenance is nightmare. Multiuser development environment is very difficult to implement. Merging code and deployments is very time consuming and error prone. Business User Friendly but Developer's nightmare.

Implement Enterprise BI. Provide Adhoc reporting capability to business users and dashboards to field users.

Able to meet basic reporting needs. get reporting capabilities into the hands of power users.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Sunil S.
Sunil S.

"A complete BI Reporting solution - Oracle BI"

What do you like best?

Dashboard and report features gives a comprehensive view and very helpful for business users. Drill down and scorecards/KPI is another beautiful feature Oracle BI provides.

What do you dislike?

Deployment of artifacts are not up to the mark, it does not support new versions of browsers, eagerly waiting for upgrade/path to support IE 10/11 and Crome

Implemented OBIEE for banking BI solution and for enterprise planning module. It has amazing capability to build the analytic reports and has very nice user interface

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Redha E.
Redha E.

"Implemented toolset as Siebel Analytics, OBI is the same great toolset"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the analytics toolset is a winner with the business teams I've worked with in past implementations. Currently use it to gather information across multiple PM data sets at the client, and I've enjoyed the time as a user too.

What do you dislike?

Browser Compatibility is an issue. Needed to install Firefox 3.5 (in 2014) in order to utilize OBI.

Sales analytics in my implementation of Siebel Analytics.

Retrieval of field employee information across multiple workgroups, and project management / budgeting info.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Consultant

"Best Enterprise Analytics solution"

What do you like best?

It's the one single platform to bring data from all sources and provide not just analytics and data visualization but also provide capabilities for conducting Predictive analytics and Machine learning

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have any pre-built analytics (e.g. OBIA on Cloud)

Enterprise grade platform, Robust security, High performance

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Saivijay G.
Saivijay G.

"BI Architect"

What do you like best?

The Oracles BI Capability to perform federated queries and picture perfect reports.

What do you dislike?

Ability to not perform database functions frontend with simple functions rather than writing EVALUATE FUNCTION.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you have data coming from other databases and want to integrate for analytical purpose this is the best tool.

The complex report generation for daily transactional reports are being solved.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Administrator

"Great product"

What do you like best?

I like ability to connect to native Essbase. Endusers really love the analysis and being able to navigate without knowing the ledger structure.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to report supporting details and comments from planning within OBIEE.

Providing transparency of expenses to business users.

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Let the technology work for you. "

What do you like best?

Much of my practical experience with Business Intelligence tools has been with Oracle BI. Compared to other reporting platforms, Oracle BI reporting is very intuitive and simple to grasp. OBI is so versatile that you can publish a variety of reports effectively to whoever your audience is.

What do you dislike?

Frequent patches and bug fixes are produced and make it difficult to keep your system current. Even though the patches tend to be for security purposes and ultimately benefits your system, it can be tough to manage if you have multiple environments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All vendors provide demos and can walk you through the system to show you the benefits you may be missing out on. I recommend you contact a vendor and request a demo of Oracle BI.

In today's world, customers place orders and expect to have those orders shipped as quickly as possible. While serving million's of customers, it's tough for a corporation to fulfill those orders effectively and efficiently without the help of Business Intelligence tools. When an order is placed it remains as backlog until the order is shipped to the Customer. One of the major business problems we have been solving is minimizing the time that orders remain on backlog. Using Oracle BI, it is easy to monitor the status of your orders and products you have in your inventory.

We can also use OBI to analyze order histories in order to forecast future business. Knowing what has been sold, we can anticipate the products and inventory we will need on hand to fulfill future orders. Ultimately, reducing total time it takes to allocate inventory to an Order. In return, the products make it to the customer quicker; building a stronger relationship between you and your customers.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Rupankar G.
Rupankar G.

"Oracle BI Publisher 11g"

What do you like best?

The simplicity with which we can use the enormously powerful features of Microsoft Office in the report design and flexibility of the tool to allow custom queries and possibility and tuning capabilities are practically limitless.

What do you dislike?

The stability of the Oracle BI Publisher engine is often unpredictable.

The performance bottleneck caused by the implicit XML conversionconversion and subsequent generation.

The aspect of pdf generation (performance intensive operation).

Tool lacks a wide array of basic /foundational 'BI' enablement features available with any other standard BI tool.

We are using Oracle BI Publisher as Operational reporting tool.

Easy to build and publish reports to a wide user base.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Large, a lot function"

What do you like best?

It has a lot of functions and modules, pulling out G/L data through Essbase automatically and easy to learn the software

What do you dislike?

Some small designs are not user friendly

Recommendations to others considering the product

More training tutorial accessible on their website

Pulling out data through Essbase; run analysis report

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Aaman L.
Aaman L.

"A strong, enterprise BI framework for all kinds of users"

What do you like best?

The Oracle BI suite of analytics applications is a powerful framework of data analytics tools that can be tailored to need and industry. It has good user interface capabilities and modeling tools.

What do you dislike?

The Oracle BI suite could be more easy to use with non-Oracle applications and data sources.

We have leveraged Oracle Bi for operational and analytic reporting in financial services firms. The business has liked the ability to perform both ad-hoc and dashboard based analytics on operational data. The suite has great flexibility and easy deployment. The business has typically found this application easier to use than other similar products.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Raman Kumar P.
Raman Kumar P.

"Great Enterprise tool with pot holes which needs to be addressed Quickly"

What do you like best?

Enterprise level BI tool and Platform - Can scale across source application. When compared to other BI tools.

What do you dislike?

UI and the graphic engine - Needs to be challenged. That's where Microstrategy has a edge and Oracle lags a big time

Mobile capabilities is 1 in a scale of 5... other competitors are much ahead

Strong Metadata gives business the self capabilities and data insights

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Consultant

"Have been workingwith the product since the beta"

What do you like best?

inovation to the cose Essbase functionality. Data connections, the new UI, improvment to common tasks such as load rules and calculations

What do you dislike?

Still a work in progress. Some things need refinement and less clicks to accomplish

Analysis of data, dashboarding and data visualization

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Superb BI Solution: Just Right There!"

What do you like best?

OBIEE 11g has much better visualizations which match to any available data visualization tool like Spotfire/Tableau.

What do you dislike?

Too much effort applying customizations. Not so good with MUDE however if other MUDE methods like GITs could be included as OOTB, it would be much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use OBIEE for BI reporting needs but it still needs to do a lot in coming up with a complete shop for any reporting need - be it operational / analytical.

Implementing for Financial data mart. Very nice graphs with animations. Fantastic pivoting capabilities. Superb inter and intra dashboard navigation capabilities. Brilliant color themes.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Davara W.
Davara W.

"Love Oracle"

What do you like best?

I like that it easier to navigate than our previous product

What do you dislike?

The time and attention needed to to be data in.

Finance, Staffing

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Oracle Bi is great for retail"

What do you like best?

I like that i can track my retail sales with oracle bi

What do you dislike?

I’ve never had an issue with it when I used the softwear at work

Recommendations to others considering the product

For what it was used for I thought it worked smoothly

PERFORMANCE management was easily tracked and documented

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"I have been using the tool for quite some time and I really love it."

What do you like best?

It works well with quite a large number of data sources.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes doing tasks is complicated. The tool does not allow a lot of drag and drop functionality as compared to other B.I tools.

Easy and effective analysis of our data.

The tool does an excellent job for us.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Great extensive, easy to use BI tool "

What do you like best?

Very flexible in being able to create reports. The high performing run time queries for optimum cost query is a great feature which lets you populate wide range extensive reports. Integration with Excel, Macro gives a great flexibility and makes life easier.

What do you dislike?

Frequent Incremental release changes make things difficult in OBIEE RPD. Long development cycle.

Data analysis and reporting and being able to take important business decisions. This is very important as I plot multiple cohorts and understand what is most impacting cohort for the metric which matters more to us.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Nishant B.
Nishant B.

"Not a way to do BI"

What do you like best?

There is nothing that I like about this product.

What do you dislike?

It is really a bad product to do any BI reporting. Its model is pretty flawed and has tremendous overhead to do simple tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please consider other BI solutions before opting for this stack. There are several alternate solutions which are far better than this solution.

We are trying to provide for analytical and operations reporting to the users. Although we can pretty much cheat the system to work our way, it still poses a lot of heartache to create simple solutions.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Great Product with Full Fledged End to End BI modules"

What do you like best?

The new features in OBIEE 11g like hierarchical columns, support for ragged and parent child hierarchies. Unified Interface

What do you dislike?

Long development cycle. In memory feature would be a great addition to this tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great product with great features. Just go for it if you have the budget for it.

I have been working with Sales and Bookings departments and created lots of dashboards and reports for executives and other senior level people and they loved the tools as they get all the information at their fingertips anytime they need it

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User

"Just getting started with Oracle Analytics"

What do you like best?

Coming from OBIEE, I like the seeded subject areas with predefined analytics that enable our business to hit the ground running.

What do you dislike?

The inability to see the back end database and run queries directly against the database.

security and scaleability

"VP"

What do you like best?

Visual interface, opportunity to Oracle data sources, and OBIEE analyses.

What do you dislike?

ORacle's DV still needs to be hardened.

Powerful visual anlaytics for multidimensional analsis. Oracle Analytics is the most comprehensive, flexible, powerful BI and Analytics tool in the market.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Pretty slick software!"

What do you like best?

I really liked that Oracle BI just worked, it pulled the data out of the data warehouse and I could trust what I was looking at.

What do you dislike?

Getting new dashboards setup wasn't the easiest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is essential if you are using Oracle E-Business Suite.

Monitoring company financials and asset utilization

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Oracle Bi review"

What do you like best?

Obiee is very user friendly, can connect to cross databases...

What do you dislike?

Snow flake does not work properly, data perfotmance is little tricky

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can improve error debugging messages with meanigful suggestions

Easy of getting all types of reports in obiee from different sources

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Oracle Delight"

What do you like best?

I like the modern interface that it provides to its users as a way of captivating their excitement and attention.

What do you dislike?

Not the most user friendly and is hard to navigate at times.

It provides an easy integration of information

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Shannon K.
Shannon K.

"Operational Analytics"

What do you like best?

Analytical capabilities to provide senior management with daily productivity stats

What do you dislike?

Integration with other analytics products

Improving call center employee productivity

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"A powerful and reliable database tool"

What do you like best?

Form and functionality. Extremely useful for quick reference or metric reporting.

What do you dislike?

Have encountered multiple applications/iterations of this tool. The extent of customization often means each can have its own learning curve.

The need for quick database access and for building metric reports.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Internet

"Oracle BI "

What do you like best?

you can get a lot of details out of BI from several other sources

What do you dislike?

it's not intuitive and hard to navigate

we've got a lot of different tools integrated into each other.

had to find the single source of truth

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Business intelligence developer "

What do you like best?

Nice GUI and connects to multiple data sources

What do you dislike?

Would like easier-to-use coding standardization tools.

Need for complex business reports is met using this tool. Able to easily access our internal data warehouse and other data sources.

"Oracle BI"

What do you like best?

Provided insight into my clients past purchases and attended events.

What do you dislike?

Old style User interface was not good to look at and use.

We used it at oracle for looking into prospects and customers history

"Encouraged by progress"

What do you like best?

Visual look and feel, interactivity and ease of use

What do you dislike?

Error handling, frequency of errors and inability to recover from some errors

Self service for end users to their data, data blending

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Hemant K.
Hemant K.

"Good"

What do you like best?

Good dasasDJLasldas;kD;LKas;dasDadsaf,askdfsdlfasdfasdfasdfasdfsadfasdf

What do you dislike?

Good sadkjhksahDKLJ;ladjsljal;sKDLJasljdlasFDas

Good afsjkhlsaHFDKHakljsflkjds;lAFJL;KJsdlfkjlsdF

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Excellent for reporting and analytics "

What do you like best?

Platform is useful in creating dashboards and standard reports for business partners.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any currently. Continue with the great work.

Assist with pulling sophisticated reports for functional managers and senior leadership.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Oracle Business Intelligence"

What do you like best?

Oracle BI product offers solutions with critical infrastructure and flexibility.

A unique quality of of Oracle BI is its sophisticated technology is designed in such a way that integrates all

the layers work together as a single system. Oracle Business Intelligence helps to improve decisions that lead

to higher growth, productivity and profitability across the company.

Advantages of Oracle BI:

Built on a unified infrastructure, including interactive dashboards, full ad hoc query and analysis, delivery of proactive intelligence and alerts,

enterprise and financial reporting, online analytical processing (OLAP) analysis presentation of large volumes of production, real-time predictive

intelligence, disconnected analysis and integration with Microsoft Office.

What do you dislike?

Certain key functions only run on the IE browser while others support only IE and Firefox browsers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provides useful information for everyone, not just analysts. All levels of the organization can view information optimized for their role. Implemented

quickly and has a user-friendly interface for better management of critical data. The decision process has been optimized, and uses tools from multiple

sources, reports, and Oracle BI analytical applications, streamlining the knowledge actionable data. Easy and helpful to bring the vital data of for you,

with better business performance and enhance the growth and stability across the range of your business activities.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Bi. Business intelligence is key in business. "

What do you like best?

The enterprise analytics and mobile dashboards.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It’s a fantastic product and works very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it. It’s a great product.

The mobile dashboard is fantastic. The alerts and strategy management.

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by User

"Director"

What do you like best?

easy for the user to use , they like the drilldown functionality

What do you dislike?

there''s quite a bit of knowledge that goes into making a report or dashboard

drilldown functionality

Oracle Analytics Cloud review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"business system analyst"

What do you like best?

learning about the future oracle bi development

What do you dislike?

dry and a little boring. spice it up a little

moving away from excel spreadsheets and the need for data visualization

Learn more about Oracle Analytics Cloud

Oracle Analytics Cloud Downloads

Learning about Oracle Analytics Cloud?

* We monitor all Oracle Analytics Cloud reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.