Oracle BI

Comprehensive suite of enterprise BI products, delivering the full range of BI capabilities including interactive dashboards.

Work for Oracle BI?
Microstrategy review 2x.png

Learning about Oracle BI?

Oracle BI Reviews

Ask Oracle BI a Question
Showing 98 Oracle BI reviews
Oracle BI review by <span>Robert M.</span>
Robert M.

Nice consolidated and customizable data dashboards

What do you like best?

I like the ability to aggregate a lot of data in a single place which allows for better visualization of key information. I like the ability to customize the data views and the export to PDF and excel features.

What do you dislike?

The "MyDashboard" is not as easy to set up as I would like but once I was able to set it up it really enhanced my use of BI as I can tailor relevant data from across our organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most important thing to consider is the data you are looking to collect and how you plan to visualize it. It is also important to think through how you will use the data across your organizations.

We look at our key SMART objectives to analyze our customer support and make adjustments and identify trends. We also use this to prioritize and base some of our hiring decisions on the data presented.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Oracle BI
Oracle BI review by <span>Aaron J.</span>
Aaron J.

Powerful yet Opaque BI Tool

What do you like best?

It allows you to get to your data in a way that does not require programming to do so.

What do you dislike?

Depending on you application of OBI, you may not have any other visibility to you data. You may not be able to find out how some data related to another and you can create a report that you think has all the details you need, but it comes up blank because the data really is not connected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OBI works base when you have a choice and you are able to document clearly the relationships in your data.

At my current job we use it with Taleo to look at candidate application trends vs openings and other related metrics. We want to optimize the hiring process and make sure we are attaining our goals while getting the best candidate for the positions that are open.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

Oracle BI review by <span>Stanley J.</span>
Stanley J.

Great BI Tool for Higher Education.

What do you like best?

We use the BI Cloud service and we love the simplicity of creating Dashboards as well as very fast turn-around on projects. The data is easy to upload to be used and the process is safe and secure. We also love the idea of utilizing Oracle servers and we get software updates as soon as they are released.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the servers can lag a bit, but its usually off hours. Uploading data to the cloud can be slow and space is limited at 40Gigs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please look into the cloud solution as the technology is good enough now to support this type of architecture and speed and space are less expensive.

We are using student and application data to improve enrollment and increases retention and graduation.

Oracle BI review by <span>Jacqueline L.</span>
Jacqueline L.

Great tool for tracking trends

What do you like best?

I routinely use the historical data to implement changes and to evaluate the impact of certain metrics on the performance of my business. I utilize the create analysis tool to validate data that I have in other reports and also to make it easier to complete other business reports in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about Oracle BI. I would like to have the ability to access more e-learning from inside the tool. It is an intimidating tool at first but the possibilities are extensive depending on the sources of data that you allow Oracle BI to access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to use the tool regularly and it will get much easier over time. There will come a time when you need the data and using Oracle BI regularly with equip you with familiarity to pull and trust the data you retrieve.

Oracle BI helps to identify individuals and teams in need of additional support or training. I have realized that by routinely using this report, I can better manage my team. I can also assist others who are not as technologically savvy or familiar with Oracle BI and help those individuals to have access to the data they need in an easy to replicate manner so they can modify reports, analyses, and dashboards based on their needs. In a company of my size, it is imperative that we have business intelligence tool like Oracle BI to give us the edge we need in our industry. I really don't know if another BI tool would have the same capabilities as what Oracle provides for our team.

Oracle BI review by <span>Matt R.</span>
Matt R.

Oracle BI has helps my company created detailed high level reporting in a flash

What do you like best?

Easy of use. Oracle Business Intelligence enables you to pull and analyze data faster than other platforms I have used in the past. There are many different options within each function. Allowing the user a completely customizable report to be viewed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes pulling a report in Oracle Business Intelligence takes a while. I understand that compiling all this data is time consuming and the software must search through many different levels of data. that being said it is extremely easy to start pulling a report and let it load while working on something else.

The biggest problem that I have solved would be pulling large detailed reports faster than ever before. Before using OBI it would take an entire day to compile the data we were searching for. Now it is done within minutes.

Oracle BI review by <span>Tyler H.</span>
Tyler H.

Useful but can be steep learning curve

What do you like best?

Able to access most information I need, dashboards are very useful, built in pivot tables.

Dashboards can be built to easily access information quick that is used often. These dashboards can be linked to many different tabs making all information the same without duplicate inputs.

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve for most, need to be somewhat tech enabled to learn, possible to have too much information. Data loads can take a few hours depending on amount of programs it pulls from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can have a steep learning curve but if a user is constant with BI then issues regarding reports should be small. If usage is low it may take a few minutes to remember the program.

Income statement correction, capital management, capital project management. Customer space utilization.

Information can easily be manipulated to show customer and other divisions immediate data regarding space, expenses and income. It easily pulls all the information from multiple sources that are otherwise difficult to find. Customers are able to see reports about space utilization rates expenses and their overall rent bill.

Learning about Oracle BI?

* We monitor all Oracle BI reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.