Oracle Data Quality

3.6

Oracle Enterprise Data Quality delivers a complete, best-of-breed approach to party and product data resulting in trustworthy master data that integrates with applications to improve business insight.

Work for Oracle Data Quality?

Learning about Oracle?

Oracle Data Quality Reviews

Showing 31 Oracle reviews
Oracle review by Alana D.
Alana D.

"Oracle - a very frustrating software"

What do you like best?

There's honestly nothing I liked about using this software. I could write a bit more here to fill the space but as far as I'm concerned, Oracle has zero redeeming qualities. It's a terrible software, from what I've heard from friends who work/worked there (or had internships there) it's a badly run company with poor management from the top down, and personally I have no interest in even supporting a company like that.

What do you dislike?

There is everything to dislike about Oracle. The software is frustrating, outdated, impossible to use, and basically nonfunctional. It freezes constantly. It doesn't accomplish the needed tasks. The customer service is awful. I've received no help when I asked for it. This software needs to go right out the window. It's frustrating beyond believe, I hate using it, and I wish it would go away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would avoid it if at all possible, but unfortunately, for certain jobs/sectors, it's a pretty impossible thing to avoid. Suggest to your employers that they try using a different software. I know Oracle is a huge company with a wide variety of applications, so who knows, maybe outside research, this is a less frustrating company to deal with, but in my personal experience, it's awful.

I'm not solving any problems with oracle data quality. I strongly dislike the program. There is almost nothing functional about the software and it only serves to make my job more difficult, it seems. I'm finding it very therapeutic, however, to finally get to write down how much Oracle frustrates me- so thank you very much for that.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Oracle Data Quality
Oracle review by Astha S.
Astha S.

"Oracle Data Quality"

What do you like best?

The tool has helped us a lot in analyzing the data of our organization and coming up with useful results. The dashboards created makes life much easier.

What do you dislike?

Some glitches occurred while trying to merge the data between our company back end stored information with the tool. They were later resolved but I felt the process could have been smoother than that took place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would surely recommend Oracle Data Quality tool to anyone who is looking forward to leveraging data. We have been doing that for sometime now and the results are amazing. Real time monitoring of data helps in easy and better decision making thus reducing the number of errors. The dynamic dashboards gives relevant information and it's pretty easy to integrate your organization data with the tool. A must use for companies trying to use similar techniques to improve their processes!

We are a logistics organization making use of data to be at the top spot in the Indian industry. We leverage data like anything to make decisions which would help us reduce our cost and provide better services to our customers. The tool helps us monitor what is happening on the ground and take decisions which are on the right path.

What Data Quality solution do you use?

Oracle review by Nikhil G.
Nikhil G.

"A truly quality software"

What do you like best?

It helps in generating any metric we desire. We are a logistics company trying to use various metrics to use improve our service levels and this software tool has helped us generate metrics to evaluate our performance on several fronts.

What do you dislike?

We faced difficulty to integrate the software tool with our own developed in house software. Finally we were able to do it but initially it took us time doing it accurately. If that would have been done more easily it would have been great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would surely recommend this software to anyone who would like to integrate their data in a much better way. It helps you do real time analysis of your data and achieve your company's goals in a much better and much quicker way. Dashboards help you take further actions accordingly.

We are a logistics company and we are using the software to generate various metrics which would help us improve our service levels and also cater to the needs of our customers throughout the country in a much better way. This software as actually helped us in doing that in a better way.

Oracle review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"A Realible and Comprehensive Data Quality tool"

What do you like best?

First of all its a tool produced by Oracle and because of it can be trusted for a long lasting support. It is developed in Java that provides a graphical environment to build, manage and maintain data integration processes in Smart Business systems with the capability to run in any ecosystem.

Oracle Data Quality also transforms this work, sometimes dull and exhausting in a flow development and easier viewing with the optimization and automatization possibilities.

The ETL layer allows access widespread and continuous reliable data across heterogeneous systems demystifying the data sources. The ETL tool can also be recognized as one of the latest generations with improved performance and reduced integration costs of data even in heterogeneous system.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to describe something that I dislike in the Oracle Data Quality. However, I can highlight some general aspects such as their primary focus in ETL solutions instead of data context and management. The tools are used mostly for batch-oriented work limiting the transformation rather than real-time batches or federation for data delivery. Also, the tool need more refinements and I root for it within the next updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth to realize the Oracle Data Quality uses ETL differently from the others ETL tools that perform extraction, transformation and loading. Oracle uses extraction, loading and transformation last.

With Oracle Data Quality we are being able now to bulk data in real time moving, processing, bidirectional replication, data service and data quality for areas of products and our customers. I can summarize the Oracle Data Quality as a tool for Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and/or business activity monitoring because of it the power given is beyond what we do.

Oracle review by Parul R.
Parul R.

"I am relatively ambivalent towards this software"

What do you like best?

I am relatively ambivalent to the software. It is organized well, but the text size seems a little too compact so i zoom in the page quite frequently. I don't have much else to say about what I like best about this software.

What do you dislike?

the search tool is not very useful. The formatting isn't very user friendly. These issues are not main hindrances however. I can use the software pretty well to my advantage. I don't have much else to say about what I dislike about this software.

I am not solving business problems with oracle software. I use it at college and at work. I don't see any benefits or any disadvantages. I may have selected the wrong Oracle type software that I use at Emory college and IRB.

Oracle review by User in Internet

"Reliable data cleansing tool from Oracle"

What do you like best?

For a long time, it was difficult for us to convince the business teams to rely on insights generated - as they had little confidence on the data quality. Thanks to Data Quality tool by Oracle, which helped us establish faith with our business users on our data. It even helps us track the status of a data issue raised and helps monitor it to completion.

It is one tool where we can clean, understand and govern our data from time to time. The tool also helped us in profiling our customers without much effort.

What do you dislike?

Though the tool helps us cleansing the data via automated processes, it defeats the purpose when the data posses newer challenges. If there is a new kind of anomaly in the data, the automated process does not do a good job. In our case, this happened once in a while but that might not be the case with most firms - so not a real problem there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it if you are looking for a single package for all your data quality needs. they even provide timely updates.

We wanted to replace the multiple tools we use to analyse data with one single package and Data Quality was our perfect solution. First it cleans our data. Than helps us understand our data. Even lets you profile the data. Can automate the process for data generated everyday.

"Oracle Data Quality"

What do you like best?

I have tried Oracle Data Quality I have used this for Test Data import and data profiling, it provides built beautiful dashboard, data correctness, data resulting, Analyst Collaboration.

Pros: - Oracle Enterprise Data Quality delivers a complete, best approach to user and product data, resulting in trustworthy master data that integrates with applications to improve business insight. It provides a data profiling and data correction Additional, added-cost, components can be added to provide functionality such as address verification, CRM address services and watch-list screening.

What do you dislike?

Add options for the free version

Improve Data Quality Scorecards and easier setup.

Easy-to-use interface built for business,

Analyst Collaboration

Reviewing information from the Analyst

Extract structured information from free form text

Prepare data to optimize its value to business applications

Oracle review by Martina L.
Martina L.

"Oracle Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of management and implementation of the software features

What do you dislike?

A little too complex in terms of designing infrastructure

Would welcome more online examples and better online help

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend this product in terms of data quality management solution

Synchronization of the data/contacts

Data matching, cleansing and profiling

Identifies data anomalies and corrects them

Finds the duplicates and merges them to create single product/customer

Oracle review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"My limited experience has been adequate"

What do you like best?

Once I got used to the user interface, it is easy to get the tasks done that I need

What do you dislike?

The user interface for expense reports is a little difficult to navigate, but once you get used to it it's not bad.

Expense reports. This makes it easy to go on business trips and order supplies and know that I can get those types of expenses approved.

Oracle review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Quality Software"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about this software is it's ease of us. It's incredibly easy to enter your data, and confirm addresses.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when entering too much data, I've noticed the software can slow down. Occasionally it has even crashed because of this. The "help" information is also a little lacking.

Overall this software really helps me speed up the process or entering and organizing data, and confirming addresses for me. Very quick and effective.

Oracle review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Oracle is easy to use"

What do you like best?

Oracle can be pretty intuitive to use, which I appreciate. I also like how I am able to easily access my past time cards.

What do you dislike?

Visually, it is not the most attractive of programs.

It's a good way to track my time cards and expenses all in one place, which I appreciate.

Oracle review by User

"Banner by Oracle Systems"

What do you like best?

All data is in the system, if entered correctly, able to execute reports and pull data as desired

What do you dislike?

Error codes did not make any sense, easy to enter in an incorrect date and the error code said nothing about the date

Reconciling accounts, building financial statements. Banner by Oracle was the ugly stepsister program that Oracle didn't even want to inherit. If Oracle would just spend a little time with Banner, it'd be a fantastic program. Education is limited with the type of programs they are able to use.

Oracle review by Kelley D.
Kelley D.

"Oracle data quality has helped me organize data in a non-complicated way"

What do you like best?

I like that it Oracle helps to provide insight into the trends and data analysis that helps my students draw conclusions

What do you dislike?

I dislike the features that differ from SPSS

it provides the opportunity to generalize data trends, which help students move in the right direction to generalize results

Oracle review by User in Higher Education

"Data entry"

What do you like best?

This system is easy to navigate and very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about this system. If I had to choose I would say that sometimes I get kicked out for a short time inactive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

hitting enter sometimes exits the page

This site is used as an interface between myself and pharmaceutical companies so that they can see patient data in real time. This system is easy to navigate miking it easy for myself and others to read the data easily

Oracle review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Comprehensive data integration platform"

What do you like best?

The benefits of this data includes:

- comprehensive data integration platform

- can deal with a high volume of data

- flexible tool kit that can be made adaptable to various systems

What do you dislike?

The dislikes that I have included:

- the user interface

- procedures to access key information

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product although has some downfalls has the capability to handle many things with complex requirements.

To assess company analysts behavior of various platforms that the company wishes to implement for a new system.

Oracle review by Caroline D.
Caroline D.

"Easy to work with"

What do you like best?

I enjoy working with oracle because of its clarity and how easy it is to work with.

What do you dislike?

I dislike it's limitations on how data can be retrieved and exported.

I am working with medical research data. Working with oracle makes it easy to query.

Oracle review by Allison A.
Allison A.

"Chemist"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use the technology once you have been tesinef

What do you dislike?

The software opens too many windows during use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement a training group

Solving inventory problems. We have been able to better understand our inventory status.

Oracle review by Jessica T.
Jessica T.

"Great customer service"

What do you like best?

Its easy to use. I can see real time results

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this moment. It's been a great experience.

CRF's, realtime serice.

Oracle review by User in Internet

"Oracle Data Quality Works!!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can manage it easy using the Oracle Data Integrator. I also like that I could figure out any DQ issues super easy.

What do you dislike?

It wasn’t mobile supported and I didn’t always have access to my computer.

Allows comparison tracking of day over day, week over week, etc tracking of quality data.

Oracle review by User in Higher Education

"Excellent tool, very versatile"

What do you like best?

Compared to other similar software Data Quality is more comprehensive, it is easy to understand/use, therefore making it more intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, so far it has been one of the best tools that I have ever used. Interface is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NA

Data quality management, exploration, and protection. We also used the software data Integration.

Oracle review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Oracle Review"

What do you like best?

User friendly dashboard and easy to follow instructions without technological background necessary.

What do you dislike?

Imaging and color of the interface. The graphics could use improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. It has many uses.

Organization of personal information, payroll hours, time and dates of work attendance and expenditures.

"User Friendly "

What do you like best?

I enjoyed working with Oracle because it is user friendly and was easy to learn how to use.

What do you dislike?

Some glitches occur, every so often, but eventually we were able to merge the data seamlessly.

I work with oncology research data and Oracle made it easy to query.

Oracle review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Program does not follow entry SOPs "

What do you like best?

I like the layout of the program. Easy to navigate. Visually appealing

What do you dislike?

Auto queries on data entry - which is entered as query stated or per guidelines. The system has set practices but will not allow you to enter per their requests

Data collection

"Quality with Oracle"

What do you like best?

Loved the ease of use with data acquisition through a user friendly query system.

What do you dislike?

Can't pull more than 1000 rows of data for a prolonged period of time without significant delays and multiple spreadsheets in excel output

quality of service in an emergency department

Oracle review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Good Quality IWRS program for Research Studies"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and intuitive system

What do you dislike?

No real dislikes, easy to use and comparable to other similar systems

Research drug inventory maintenance, system functions well and performs its role of maintaining sufficient inventory for the patients on study

Oracle review by User in Research
User in Research

"Oracle Data Quality"

What do you like best?

I like that it collects data systematically

What do you dislike?

There are technical glitches, very slow, takes a long time to build surveys

I am entering data into Oncore, and I've realized it's beneficial in consolidating data.

Oracle review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Above average data quality product. "

What do you like best?

The interface is simple and not cluttered, easy to visualize.

What do you dislike?

The interface is ugly, and although it is simple it's not necessarily easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Data analysis for research projects.

Oracle review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"perfect application for research "

What do you like best?

can integrate multiple data forms easily

What do you dislike?

the application doesn't always work well on my Mac

makes business meetings much easier and smoother

Oracle review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Overall it was easy to learn how to use the software"

What do you like best?

user friendly and great customer support

What do you dislike?

Overall the system is very slow, the options are too broad

No comment

Oracle review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Excellent software "

What do you like best?

A great software for all business and computing needs.

What do you dislike?

Availability nothing, can be better for all.

Better software management

Oracle review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Oracle"

What do you like best?

Reliable and usually fast software it's easy

What do you dislike?

Sometimes crashes but rarely any issues

Quality control

Learning about Oracle Data Quality?

* We monitor all Oracle Data Quality reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.