Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Oracle EBS Financials

3.8
(186 reviews)

Oracle E-Business Suite Financials family of applications automates and streamlines all your financial business processes.

Work for Oracle EBS Financials?

Learning about Oracle EBS?

Oracle EBS Financials Reviews

Ask Oracle EBS a Question
Showing 193 Oracle EBS reviews
Oracle EBS review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"Top tier product"

What do you like best?

Oracle has been a leader in financials for many years and the community of users are great to collaborate with on solutions. Every business believes they are unique when it comes to processes and there is some truth to that, but it's all AP, AR, GL, COGS, etc. Oracle allows for configurations that support the uniqueness of each company as well.

What do you dislike?

As with all software, keeping up with patches and upgrades has to be balanced with supporting your business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a smaller vanilla company just now growing into enterprise ERP needs, then consider the cloud, but if you are mature, complex and need all the features, then EBS is a great tool.

We have tripled our revenue over the last 15 years and Oracle has grown with us, but our Accounting, Purchasing and Oracle IT headcount has stayed the same and in some cases gotten smaller due to the level of automation we can put into our processes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Oracle EBS Financials
Oracle EBS review by Anthony M.
Anthony M.

"Oracle Is Helpful For Finance Firms! "

What do you like best?

Oracle is able to be highly customized to do whatever is required. For example, in our case we were able to receive detailed information from our investment custodian and summarize it in the manner we desired for inclusion in the G/L.

What do you dislike?

Oracle iPayment does't support level 2-3 information for non P-Card credit card transactions. In addition, the system should allow application of a single check payment to various operating units.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A necessity for all Financial firms, and this is the top program of its kind out there

Payments can be processed at the same time for multiple operating units easily. Payment templates makes it convenient and easy to process the payments without much hassle. In addition, the payroll feature is extremely easy to control and manage. The interface itself has a wide variety of options that make life easier for employees such as myself.

What Accounting solution do you use?

Oracle EBS review by Donna S.
Donna S.

"Oracle EBS could be easier to use"

What do you like best?

This Oracle ebusiness suite was the financial application we used with Salesforce. It was very helpful with sales orders, quotes and billing. It helps standardize all accounting policies and rules, which you need in this business, consistency. It helps keep the process and work flow moving with less questions.

What do you dislike?

I think the reasons I have dislikes is Oracle was the financial software to work hand and hand with Salesforce, and there were many times data just didn't sync correctly. Both databases needed to match due to proposals and orders and it caused undo and time consuming days to fix. Each application on it's own is great but when you have two departments not understanding the others, it gets fustrating.

We are almost done with our change over from Excel, especially for financial reporting, and it is a slow process. Having a centralized database helps reporting data so much more efficient. Say goodbye to old invoices.

Oracle EBS review by Amaris L.
Amaris L.

"Not very customisable, and difficult to use"

What do you like best?

Hyperion Planning is useful, and the basic functionalities are easy to use. Forms are easy to build, and the same structure around dimensions is replicated across the webpage/Excel/Reporting studio, which makes it quite easy to build on once the basics are mastered. Smartview, the excel add-in, is really helpful to input larger amounts of data, or to pull through bigger reports.

What do you dislike?

There is very limited customability. I worked extensively with Financial Reporting Studio, which was incredibly restrictive, which meant I couldn't meet a lot of my clients' needs. For example, I couldn't even change the colour of the borders in the reports!

FRS could also be quite erratic. It frequently crashed, worked very slowly, or changes I made in FRS would not be reflected in the system. There were many instances where one minor change in one bit of the report messed up the entire report, and I'd have to redo it entirely.

There was a lot of functionality that was just lacking, and Oracle's customer support was quite poor. On one occasion, I raised a service request asking for a new function, only to find out the development team had been 'working' on it since 2003.

The interface is not always intuitive for users, so as part of the team implementing it, we often had to answer queries from confused parties (and were confused ourselves). For example, Hyperion Planning only works properly in IE (and sometimes there are issues with different versions of IE), and when the zoom is set to 100%. If it's not, then users might struggle to click on links.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support provided from Oracle is quite poor.

The implementation was to help a big investment bank set up a retail branch in accordance with ringfencing regulations.

From a reporting perspective we moved the bank's reports from Excel -- which required slow manual retrieves -- to Hyperion Planning, so changes in the data were almost immediately reflected in the reports. This simplified the entire reporting process considerably.

Oracle EBS review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Oracle E-Business Suite "

What do you like best?

What I like most about Oracle E-Business Suite is that it is fairly simple and straight forward to use. If you have prior experience with any sort of enterprise resource planning system, you will have no problem learning the logic and flow to Oracle E-Business Suite. I understand that Oracle E-Business Suite is customized to each individual organization's specifications, however, this is not a significant barrier to using Oracle E-Business Suite.

What do you dislike?

I believe there are flaws and dislikes to all systems, however there are not many major dislikes for Oracle E-Business Suite. One of the things I dislike about Oracle E-Business Suite is the reporting workbench. When you enter the workbench, it is similar to entering an html website, it has a very dated interface, unlike the rest of the system. Another dislike I have is the add-ins to Microsoft Excel. Oracle E-Business Suite seems to always use a very old version of Excel (currently the add-in is only compatible with Excel 2013, current Office suite is 2018) which creates a lot of compatibility issues with other Microsoft Office files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will not lie, Oracle E-Business Suite is expensive to implement and maintain, however for growing companies wanting to get to the next level of financial analysis, it is a great system to get you there quickly.

Our organization originally had an in-house database that had a very simplistic general ledger, and financials had to be analyzed through Excel. With growth and investment, our organization decided to implement Oracle E-Business Suite and has not looked back since

Oracle EBS review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Finance Shared Services efficiency improvements"

What do you like best?

End to end Finance and Accounting processes are covered

What do you dislike?

High level of effort to implement a new instance

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement directly in Fusion Cloud and save yourself on future investments as you would eventually have to move to Cloud

Finance Shared Services efficiency improvements could be achieved thanks to Oracle EBS Financials. As Finance Controller for Orange Business Services I have been able to achieve stronger processes and robust Financial controls within the system all thanks to Oracle EBS Financials.

All the Finance and Accounting users can share the same set of referential, book the transactions in same database, run real time reports on their own provided they have the right level of training. Oracle EBS has allowed the Finance and Accounting teams to be a close knit team who can really be called a shared service centre because we have been able to centralize the services to a large extent!

Oracle EBS review by Jason K.
Jason K.

"Experience with Oracle EBS Financials"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly it is and how simple the layout is. I like how there are several different ways of displaying data and all of the options on formatting it as well.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislike for it except that it might feel too minimalist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a very good system to use when keeping track of cash flow. This includes accounts receivables, payables, invoicing, labor reporting, and cash adjustments. I think it's an easy way to show the credits and debits and keeping other customers paying you on time. It is also good to document information and keep notes of any accounts that need it. Overall it is a great system to use and it is user friendly.

I solved many problems using it such as old invoices that were more than 90 days overdue, it's a very good tracking system

Oracle EBS review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Oracle EBS Usage"

What do you like best?

Company is able to customize my responsibilities and requests that I need to run. Easy to use and manage for close purposes. Are able to allow multiple people to use it for their needs, without compromising segregation of duty issues. Quick load time and support has been great (internal/external company) if any issues come up.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are random lag times that aren't able to be traced. In order to "fix" some of these freezes, what I need to do is shut down and log back in. After that, there are no issues. I'm not sure if this is a system issue or company issue, but I have to run a specific version of Java that is not always compatible with other systems that I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize support and they will help with any issues.

Month and year end financials and reporting. It is a great consolidation tool and easy to use. If there are issues, I've had great support in correcting the issue.

Oracle EBS review by George M.
George M.

"Oracle EBS Financials, a great tool !"

What do you like best?

The tool is valuable, and the fundamental functionalities are not difficult to utilize. Structures are anything but difficult to construct, and a similar structure around measurements is recreated over the site page/Excel/Reporting studio, which makes it very simple to expand, the exceed expectations include, is extremely useful to enter bigger measures of information, or to pull through greater reports.

What do you dislike?

There is extremely restricted custom-ability. I worked widely with Financial Reporting Studio, which was extraordinarily prohibitive, which implied I couldn't address a considerable measure of my customers' issues. For instance, I couldn't change the shade of the fringes in the reports!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support gave from Oracle is very poor.

The execution was to enable a major speculation to bank set up a retail branch as per ring-fencing directions. From a detailing point of view we moved the bank's reports from Excel - which required moderate manual recovers - to Hyperion Planning, so changes in the information were very quickly reflected in the reports. This streamlined the whole announcing process significantly.

Oracle EBS review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Could use some improvements in user experience and speed/reliability"

What do you like best?

The functionality that I like most about this software is ability to interface with Excel and to do general ledger drills. I can also run the financials in different presentation formats.

What do you dislike?

I often have my system crash when I have Oracle to run P&L financials. I'm not sure if it is because of the excel version that I am using or the software malfunctioning. This has happened to me several times during monthly close process. Also, it is not very user friendly.

It offers me the flexibility to run real time ondemand financials when it is requested by the business. This has been a longstanding software for the company in which I am employed.

Oracle EBS review by User in Higher Education

"Oracle for accounting, finance and budgeting for our business."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of this software for our business. I loved the easy trouble shooting and the easy problem solving with this software. I love the dashboard and the budgeting tools of this software, it has greatly helped our business in these areas.

What do you dislike?

I did not dislike anything about the Oracle Software. My company loved everything it has enabled us to do, and It is also very easy to train new employees on. I did have problems at first when trying to figure out the use of the software, but I soon realized my mistake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product for any business wanting to solve some financial issues you may be having with other software. I love this product for our business.

WE are solving many accounting and finance issues we had in the past. The benefits we are realizing are endless, and can only get better.

Oracle EBS review by Dustin J.
Dustin J.

"Oracle Financial Reporting Pros and Cons"

What do you like best?

I like the amount of different reports you can setup in looking at the P&L, Balance Sheets, Store Performance, Actual vs. Budget/Foreast and Wages to Sales reporting. It is extremely important to understand and see what part of the business is doing well and where additional resources are needed to improve on lagging store performances.

What do you dislike?

I do not enjoy working in Oracle Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio because it's not user friendly. It is hard to navigate in creating new financials or just to even make changes. It is very slow in scrolling up and down in this specific software. Also, the screen view display is too small.

We create all of our financials in Oracle, so all of our senior executives depend on these to make decisive business decisions.

Oracle EBS review by User

"High Capability, Low Aesthetic"

What do you like best?

Almost all of the functionality you could need is included in this module - it covers all the bases from an accounting perspective. The capabilities are endless and it is very secure.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit bland and confusing - it takes awhile to adjust to the small print and hard-to-find commands. It could definitely use some modernization and aesthetic improvements. Also, exports can be tricky/messy at times. I also wish that the WebADI upload from Excel was less picky about some things - there are multiple errors that occur based on things like a cell not being the right format or something not being capitalized and the error codes that are given are unspecific and send you on a hour-long goose chase trying to figure out why your journal entry is not uploading properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find an easy way to train new employees in this software because it is not intuitive like many other enterprise software platforms.

Journal entry uploads from excel, secure financial data storage, and high powered search and report capabilities.

Oracle EBS review by Samrat M.
Samrat M.

"Oracle Ebs Financials - A comprehensive financial accounting package for all businesses"

What do you like best?

Subledger accounting is well detailed and intuitive to use for the consummate chartered accountant.

What do you dislike?

Oracle EBusiness Reports are not in the best readable format: take for example the AR Aging Report will show hundreds of lines for customer invoices but it is not provided in an excel friendly format, hence impossible to pivot the data in excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use EBS if you are using it for purely financial accounting purposes, it is brilliant that way, even better if you use EBS HR in combination to complete the information flow from managment to business and employees.

Oracle Ebusiness Suite's AP and AR Aging reports work on a completely different logic than Oracle Business Intelligence Applications AP and AR aging reports, we are attempting to update the logic in the Oracle BI mappings to ensure we compare apples to apples. Main benefit I have realised from using Ebusiness is its excellent trial balance reporting capability and the fact that its inquiry forms usually are easy to use.

Oracle EBS review by User

"Oracle EBS Financials is a 9/10"

What do you like best?

The best part of Oracle EBS Financials is that it is completely reliable when dealing with money throughout our large corporation. From paychecks to balancing to vendors, all financials get taken care of in an accurate and efficient manner. Although I have only been working with this platform for less than a year, I can say that so far I'd grade Oracle with a 9/10.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet experienced anything that makes me dislike this system, however, the one con that any platform would probably have is that we have so much data to process that it becomes a very time-consuming endeavor to go through all of our financials, make a proper analysis, and connect to the individual users within the scope of our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would gladly recommend this to companies, especially when they use big-data or have a lot of employees. It gets difficult trying to use a simplistic system, and this one is a perfect combination of easy-to-use and analytic.

The most prevalent issue is that my corporation is extremely large-scale; so the financials are a difficult thing to keep track of with a system that can handle that much data.

Oracle EBS review by Stephanie O.
Stephanie O.

"Excellent Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the accuracy of the system, and its ability to collect data from a range of systems even if they may be outdated.

What do you dislike?

The "code" to pull data is not the most user friendly. You have to have some kind of underlying knowledge in order to write a code to request data from oracle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn the coding required to pull data back. As soon as you understand it, this tool is quite useful and can streamline certain processes quite well.

The primary use of Oracle within my team is to get balances across certain companies to complete merger transactions. It is quite useful in creating a complete list of all accounts that have balances rather than us having to research and compile a list and then pull balances back.

Oracle EBS review by ALLAN J.
ALLAN J.

"Worldwide coverage and ease of use."

What do you like best?

It is user friendly and is customized to meet demand of small scale medium scale and large scale businesses, allows tracking of transactions ,sub-ledger and employees expenses. Allows robust reporting with OBIEE integration and p card and project costing.

What do you dislike?

Data takes long time to load hence time consuming, it can only be used in stable network connections hence unreliable in usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is great and budget friendly try it and expand your business.

Has made accounting work easier and more affordable as small scale business enterprises can afford to purchase the software and through this large profit are realized.

Oracle EBS review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and the storage of data that affects the bottom line in all areas. I also like the fact that a whole inventory analysis can be done when using this platform. Overall a great product.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that if there are any discrepancies in inventory counts it cannot conceptualize and measure or pinpoint where the count is off. So you are still stuck with physical inventory counts,

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend spending time on training users and administrators on how to use the platform, and also allowing for ongoing implementations, since this product is not a one time, one size fits all software database.

This platform solves the business problem of controlling cost, and also keeping just what is needed in the inventory in real time delivery up to the minute usage of any and all items that are tracked,

Oracle EBS review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"Oracle review"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Oracle is how easy it is to navigate and take action on things to get them done quickly and efficiently. Oracle allows you to view multiple things at once without having to switch back and forth constantly.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like about Oracle is sometimes it times out fast if you're not using it at the moment- having to log in and out sometimes takes up time and can delay getting work done quickly.

Oracle allows all of our teams to work together and get out invoices processed and paid as quick as possible- it allows us to strive for the best results to deliver to our clients, keeping everyone happy including upper management and the vendor/client

Oracle EBS review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Simple ERP/Accounting System"

What do you like best?

It does the work of a typical enterprise-level accounting system, in providing integrated reporting and dynamic updating of financial information. As my work uses a custom version of Oracle Financials, it has enabled our organization to increase our flexibility in obtaining and mining financial data. This custom version has enabled for easy report creation, and reliable controls to meet internal audit standards.

What do you dislike?

Some custom versions of Oracle Financials do not have any of the newer features which other ERP software on the market have. As well, it becomes limited due to the level of customization thrown into the system (either by our organization or simply through reaching limitations in the software), due to our organization's rapidly increasing growth and changing requirements as to how particular accounting transactions should be done.

Another issue is that this product does not communicate well with other software used by the organization in the management of financial data. This has led to additional consulting work done to create patchwork solutions to temporarily address reporting gaps and limitations found.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will depend on the size and nature of your business. Depending on the business you operate, it may require additional customization to get particular reporting functions or integration with other reporting systems used by your organization. Oracle is still a trusted name on the market, and is still used by many top companies.

Having the ability to customize and generate reports through various software suites within Oracle Financials has helped in meeting the reporting requirements asked in our financial reporting processes. Despite the limitations mentioned, this software has continued to meet performance expectations for our reporting needs. The ability to export to various formats for data analysis, as well as the program being web-based helps in reducing additional software support required.

Oracle EBS review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"Oracle EBS"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to link journal entries to invoices and be able to quickly look up the associated pdfs or emails .

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the non intuitive design and navigation

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might be wise to find something that is easier to use if you are a medium or small sized business. The learning curve can be steep and a lot of the design in Oracle in very non intuitive. New users may have a difficult time adjusting.

It helps to store and analyze data in large quantities quickly. It makes collaboration between finance, accounting, and purchasing much easier.

Oracle EBS review by Tiffany R.
Tiffany R.

"Oracle Keeps it all together"

What do you like best?

Everything is in one system so all users have access to what they need

What do you dislike?

The system tends to crash frequently and has some limitations

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oracle is great for a large financial business

Oracle is our system of record so all of what we do is processed through it.

Oracle EBS review by Meghann S.
Meghann S.

"Oracle keeps things organized"

What do you like best?

Oracle isn't the easiest to use for those without backgrounds in accounting, but once you learn it, it is consistent and incredible helpful to keeping the company organized.

What do you dislike?

The interface isn't very modern or clean. It looks a little outdated, but the functionality is effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has been a realiable system across our organization to maintain and keep adequate records of financials.

My favorite thing about Oracle is the integration with other systems. This makes producing reports and gathering/distributing data so much easier across the organization as a whole.

Oracle EBS review by Kisha B.
Kisha B.

"Difficult"

What do you like best?

ease of moving through different parts of the system.

What do you dislike?

sometimes takes awhile for things to load

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conversion of this product from a prior release was brutal. It took us over a year to prepare and we are still fixing things in using R12 1.5 years after we went live.

financial reporting, costing

Oracle EBS review by User

"Great for Core Financial Management"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is together and it is all integrated - payables, projects, ledgers, etc. The software is quite stable and doesn't need a lot of babysitting by the users.

What do you dislike?

Customizing the software is not easy. Tech support isn't great. And it seems like there is a never-ending stream of updates/bug fixes to apply, which to me as a user means a lot of scheduled down time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a lot of Oracle expertise in house already, this is a great way to manage financials.

We use this a lot for financial management of our projects and to be honest it works really well for that. Like I said, everything is in one place, so you can do all of the reporting and whatever else you need right there.

Oracle EBS review by Pablo R.
Pablo R.

"good tools to manage our finances."

What do you like best?

great tool to do requisition, PO, check status, and have a great workflow.

is multi country and the customizations is great.

is possible to change the requisition during the creation.

What do you dislike?

the reports may be is a point to improve. i use a lot the reports

Recommendations to others considering the product

is very important to do a Pilot implementation.

control and check our requisition, PO, etc.

have a great workflow

Oracle EBS review by Stephanie O.
Stephanie O.

"Useful tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to pull data back at a higher level to encompass more information in one data set. I also like the way the data formats in Oracle.

What do you dislike?

Unless you are well versed in Oracles coding language- it may be difficult to perform some data retrieves in Oracle. Doing more complex things within the system may require some research.

We use it to compile ledger data for large sets of accounts.

Oracle EBS review by Aaron K.
Aaron K.

"Easy to use, but flawed software"

What do you like best?

Oracle has an easy to understand interface. It presents data in a simple and straightforward format.

What do you dislike?

Firstly, it runs through Java and uses a lot of resources. Secondly, the software will crash at random moments, and/or certain functionalities (especially with write click) stop working at random times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in collections I would recommend not using Oracle.

Oracle presents several different types of information in one place. Oracle, because it is a database, can be adapted for use in several different industries for different purposes.

Oracle EBS review by mary w.
mary w.

"All in one basket."

What do you like best?

Accounting has never been this easy, as software is customized to meet small scale,medium and large scale business enterprises. Allows robust reporting with OBIEE intergration. Allows user to track all trasanctions,employee expenses and project costing. Fast trasactions processing.

What do you dislike?

Customer support didn't meet my expectation, as they are too slow to respond to questioned issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Message to new user, it is a great product try it too helpful.

Has made accounting,inventory and project costing easy and fun.

Oracle EBS review by mike f.
mike f.

"Good online accounting tool"

What do you like best?

It is cloud based so the cost is very friendly since it is accessible online. It has accounting features that function optimally and are easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It is time consuming since it displays the rows and columns in bits of ten. However it is generally good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good for both accounting newbies and experts.

It has accounting features that helped us reduce accounting errors and it is generally economical.

Oracle EBS review by Roxy H.
Roxy H.

"Oracle makes life easier "

What do you like best?

tracking my expenses and creating expense reports

What do you dislike?

Often Oracle is updated and it can be tricky to locate certain tools within the software

Tracking expenses and submitting reports combined with Amex corporate

Oracle EBS review by Elijah S.
Elijah S.

"Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

I like that it's very easy to use. I had little training on it, and was able to explore the software and learn more by just looking around.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the training manuals I found were difficult to find, let alone understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have the training guides easier to understand.

I used them for the accounts payable and supply tracking of the company I worked for.

Oracle EBS review by User in Computer Software

"Outdated Leader"

What do you like best?

All necessary modules are there, mostly reliable.

What do you dislike?

The UI is horrible, no matter what version you run on, huge learning curve/not user friendly.. The output of reporting can display oddly and it also runs fairly slow but uses up a,lot of CPU, high sensitivity to network change. Expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look a lot harder at your other options before deciding to jump ship. It's a costly implementation in more than one way..

Uploading large data sets en masse, reporting capabilities,

Oracle EBS review by Jack  M.
Jack M.

"Oracle EBS Financials"

What do you like best?

I work in a global company that we need to work together so being able to collaborate with them through Oracle EBS Financials is awesome!

What do you dislike?

The downside to being a global company and multiple users is that fact that data entry can be slow in Oracle EBS Financials.

The business Problem that Oracle EBS Financials solves is being able to collaborate globally with multiple different locations at different times of the day.

Oracle EBS review by User in Internet

"Oracle EBS Review"

What do you like best?

I am a fan of the User Interface (UI. Ithink it is pretty simple, intuitive and easy to use. The ability to run and schedule periodic reports and being able to connect to other databases is definitely helpful

What do you dislike?

I do not like the Java issues that sometime arise from incompatibilities with various browsers or operating systems

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe this is a versatile enterprise solution for any mid to large size company

Financial Controllership, Procurements, Employee management

Oracle EBS review by Ishaaq S.
Ishaaq S.

"ebs installation"

What do you like best?

ebs administration is much easier to manage in an multi node installation with 12.2 release. cloning is the best part i like about is to replicate to the other environments.

What do you dislike?

patching is the one i am having issues and the errors encountereed during patching. sometimes we do have to restore from the backup to get back to previous working environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

good product and powerful

patching.

Oracle EBS review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Experiencia, seriedad y soporte del producto"

What do you like best?

Oracle tiene mucha experiencia en el desarrollo de soluciones, y con el tiempo las ha perfeccionado con entornos amigables y de rápida gestión, es decir, fáciles de entender a un nivel de usuario

What do you dislike?

No tengo aprensiones, sus productos son dirigidos a profesionales con un cierto grado de conocimiento o experiencia, no obstante cuentan con buen soporte, amplia literatura y atención específicas, en caso de requerirlo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Muy buena alternativa, para definir estructuras, relaciones e incidencias en costo, en cualquier etapa de proyectos

Posee amplia cobertura, en cuyo caso las interfaces son generalizables, esto podría mejorar, dependerá de la carga de trabajo de las empresas

Oracle EBS review by Kristen N.
Kristen N.

"Oracle has intuitive screens "

What do you like best?

I like how the screens are intuitive and you don’t have to dig deep to find the data/reports you need

What do you dislike?

It seems like when you move from screen to screen it’s a little slow

I use it to help me determine what balance sheets accounts are coded a certain way and how those are classified. It’s a good way of keeping track of actuals by uploading atrial Balance data.

Oracle EBS review by Ashley B.
Ashley B.

"Excellent for financials and accounting "

What do you like best?

The program offered all of the features we needed for the accounting department and had good customer support

What do you dislike?

Not sure if it was the program or what but the program would consistently run slower than I would like

Was solving problems with hearing aid shops. And their daily financials as well as the customers from those locations

Oracle EBS review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Oracle - the gold standard for an ERP accounting system"

What do you like best?

I like the intuitive navigation. It’s much more user friendly than its competitor SAP. It’s fast, generally reliable, and interfaces well with other software.

What do you dislike?

It has limited reporting functionality which has necessitated purchasing bolt on software for things like sales and use tax reporting. Also, I’ve heard it’s expensive and especially costly to customize

Reliable and timely financials. Effective at managing multiple sets of books (tax to book and multiple subsidiaries).

Oracle EBS review by User

"Very good & stable back office system"

What do you like best?

great system for running various GL, AP, and Cash Management reports, full-cycle accounts payable process, setting up suppliers and distribution sets are easy

What do you dislike?

there are unscheduled times when the system would be down due to network related issues

We went to Oracle EBS after using a different Oracle product and find that it is more stable and user friendly.

Oracle EBS review by Tanya H.
Tanya H.

"Oracle EBS"

What do you like best?

All in One Database. I use Oracle PBCS for budgeting/forecasting. They work well together.

What do you dislike?

When pulling data for the year it can take a long time.

Speaks to all other Oracle products.

Oracle EBS review by User

"A Top Platform for Financial Professionals"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to capture daily, weekly, monthly, and annual order numbers across our regions, customers, and product lines for our leadership team.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not having the full suite of performance measurement dashboards and predictive modeling tools, although noted those cost more to implement, access, and maintain internally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you're fitting your company with both the customized solution Oracle can provide, as well as the users trained and capable of providing the value Oracle allows, on a regular cadence.

We are solving the problem of having one source of the truth for all financial reporting globally in an organization that is spread across multiple ERPs, time zones, and languages.

Oracle EBS review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Oracle Applications"

What do you like best?

I use Oracle Applications every day. Our business has a custom Oracle ERP application that was built specifically for our use. It's a very serious program and I love it's accuracy.

What do you dislike?

Its not user friendly and takes a lot of training to learn.

We have an HR platform and an accounting platform on our application and the benefit is having so much information stored in one place.

Oracle EBS review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Ebs for bus "

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the system is great for specific industries, especially consumer product goods as well as some financial services depending on what they have for customers.

What do you dislike?

Very similar to SAP but obviously isn’t tailored for all of the same industries. I’m wondering when the next edition will become more vanilla.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s the great software if you let it do what it is supposed to do and not customize it to the nth degree

Problems that are putting salt in the business include assessing month-end as well as budget tracking and attaching other software helps us to assess deliveries for bids.

Oracle EBS review by Ryan B.
Ryan B.

"Review of Oracle EBS"

What do you like best?

I like the functionality of appending financial data from Excel into the system, without having to use the web-based module.

What do you dislike?

The web-based module is very time consuming and inefficient. I would prefer not to use this route.

Solving a consolidation of plan/budgeting. This enables me to view all functions in one place.

Oracle EBS review by Sharon B.
Sharon B.

"Sharon's 2018 Review"

What do you like best?

It's very fast and very easy to understand. I like it because it saves time

What do you dislike?

There's actually nothing so far that I dislike about the product. It does it's job

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I would highly recommend Career this product to other people

Setting up payrolls, paying bills as well. It's very useful

Oracle EBS review by Matt N.
Matt N.

"Oracle EBS Financials"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface and ease of use of this product

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced any dislikes up to this point

We are able to view all financial aspects of the business whether it be AP, AR, GL, or inventory through various responsibilities in one place

Oracle EBS review by Camille R.
Camille R.

"Oracle Financials Review "

What do you like best?

I like oracle's reliability. Past companies have used products similar to oracle that would go down often. Oracle's financial queries and reporting tools make my job a lot easier.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little dated. It's not as aesthetically pleasing or as easy to use as some of its competitors but it has the advantage that none of its competitors can process data like this can.

Solving accounting problems, storing financial data.

Oracle EBS review by User

"Backbone for Financials "

What do you like best?

EBS allows you to do customization on premises and freedom to custom special reports and run the scheduled program . Ease of use

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific , its complex ERP and may be ease of use will be welcoming move, also this is EBS takes longer time to implement and host on servers

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is very good and the updates are also well planned , support is great ..

Financial results, customized reports , ease of in-house changes as you host on your servers. Reliable support system

Learning about Oracle EBS Financials?

* We monitor all Oracle EBS Financials reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.