Oracle EBS Financials

Oracle E-Business Suite Financials family of applications automates and streamlines all your financial business processes.

Work for Oracle EBS Financials?

Learning about Oracle EBS?

Compare Oracle EBS Financials to Similar Solutions

Oracle EBS Financials Reviews

Ask Oracle EBS a Question
Showing 130 Oracle EBS reviews
Oracle EBS review by <span>Mark M.</span>
Mark M.

"Top tier product"

What do you like best?

Oracle has been a leader in financials for many years and the community of users are great to collaborate with on solutions. Every business believes they are unique when it comes to processes and there is some truth to that, but it's all AP, AR, GL, COGS, etc. Oracle allows for configurations that support the uniqueness of each company as well.

What do you dislike?

As with all software, keeping up with patches and upgrades has to be balanced with supporting your business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a smaller vanilla company just now growing into enterprise ERP needs, then consider the cloud, but if you are mature, complex and need all the features, then EBS is a great tool.

We have tripled our revenue over the last 15 years and Oracle has grown with us, but our Accounting, Purchasing and Oracle IT headcount has stayed the same and in some cases gotten smaller due to the level of automation we can put into our processes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Oracle EBS Financials
Oracle EBS review by <span>Amaris L.</span>
Amaris L.

"Not very customisable, and difficult to use"

What do you like best?

Hyperion Planning is useful, and the basic functionalities are easy to use. Forms are easy to build, and the same structure around dimensions is replicated across the webpage/Excel/Reporting studio, which makes it quite easy to build on once the basics are mastered. Smartview, the excel add-in, is really helpful to input larger amounts of data, or to pull through bigger reports.

What do you dislike?

There is very limited customability. I worked extensively with Financial Reporting Studio, which was incredibly restrictive, which meant I couldn't meet a lot of my clients' needs. For example, I couldn't even change the colour of the borders in the reports!

FRS could also be quite erratic. It frequently crashed, worked very slowly, or changes I made in FRS would not be reflected in the system. There were many instances where one minor change in one bit of the report messed up the entire report, and I'd have to redo it entirely.

There was a lot of functionality that was just lacking, and Oracle's customer support was quite poor. On one occasion, I raised a service request asking for a new function, only to find out the development team had been 'working' on it since 2003.

The interface is not always intuitive for users, so as part of the team implementing it, we often had to answer queries from confused parties (and were confused ourselves). For example, Hyperion Planning only works properly in IE (and sometimes there are issues with different versions of IE), and when the zoom is set to 100%. If it's not, then users might struggle to click on links.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support provided from Oracle is quite poor.

The implementation was to help a big investment bank set up a retail branch in accordance with ringfencing regulations.

From a reporting perspective we moved the bank's reports from Excel -- which required slow manual retrieves -- to Hyperion Planning, so changes in the data were almost immediately reflected in the reports. This simplified the entire reporting process considerably.

What Accounting solution do you use?

Oracle EBS review by <span>Jason K.</span>
Jason K.

"Experience with Oracle EBS Financials"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly it is and how simple the layout is. I like how there are several different ways of displaying data and all of the options on formatting it as well.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislike for it except that it might feel too minimalist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a very good system to use when keeping track of cash flow. This includes accounts receivables, payables, invoicing, labor reporting, and cash adjustments. I think it's an easy way to show the credits and debits and keeping other customers paying you on time. It is also good to document information and keep notes of any accounts that need it. Overall it is a great system to use and it is user friendly.

I solved many problems using it such as old invoices that were more than 90 days overdue, it's a very good tracking system

Oracle EBS review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Oracle EBS Usage"

What do you like best?

Company is able to customize my responsibilities and requests that I need to run. Easy to use and manage for close purposes. Are able to allow multiple people to use it for their needs, without compromising segregation of duty issues. Quick load time and support has been great (internal/external company) if any issues come up.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are random lag times that aren't able to be traced. In order to "fix" some of these freezes, what I need to do is shut down and log back in. After that, there are no issues. I'm not sure if this is a system issue or company issue, but I have to run a specific version of Java that is not always compatible with other systems that I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize support and they will help with any issues.

Month and year end financials and reporting. It is a great consolidation tool and easy to use. If there are issues, I've had great support in correcting the issue.

Oracle EBS review by <span>George M.</span>
George M.

"Oracle EBS Financials, a great tool !"

What do you like best?

The tool is valuable, and the fundamental functionalities are not difficult to utilize. Structures are anything but difficult to construct, and a similar structure around measurements is recreated over the site page/Excel/Reporting studio, which makes it very simple to expand, the exceed expectations include, is extremely useful to enter bigger measures of information, or to pull through greater reports.

What do you dislike?

There is extremely restricted custom-ability. I worked widely with Financial Reporting Studio, which was extraordinarily prohibitive, which implied I couldn't address a considerable measure of my customers' issues. For instance, I couldn't change the shade of the fringes in the reports!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support gave from Oracle is very poor.

The execution was to enable a major speculation to bank set up a retail branch as per ring-fencing directions. From a detailing point of view we moved the bank's reports from Excel - which required moderate manual recovers - to Hyperion Planning, so changes in the information were very quickly reflected in the reports. This streamlined the whole announcing process significantly.

Oracle EBS review by <span>Meghann S.</span>
Meghann S.

"Oracle keeps things organized"

What do you like best?

Oracle isn't the easiest to use for those without backgrounds in accounting, but once you learn it, it is consistent and incredible helpful to keeping the company organized.

What do you dislike?

The interface isn't very modern or clean. It looks a little outdated, but the functionality is effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has been a realiable system across our organization to maintain and keep adequate records of financials.

My favorite thing about Oracle is the integration with other systems. This makes producing reports and gathering/distributing data so much easier across the organization as a whole.

Learning about Oracle EBS Financials?

* We monitor all Oracle EBS Financials reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Oracle EBS Financials to Similar Solutions