* Sophisticated flexible architecture that allows us to build our specific business processes into the system
* Application is scalable and supports large databases and rapid growth
* Simple APIs that have a large partner eco-system, application is easy to build upon and extend
* Fantastic customer community (Topliners)
* Reporting engine (Insights) can be slow and cumbersome to use. Some reports that seem simple in concept are difficult to create. Also doesn't easily support multiple report administrators.
* Only payment method is charging for contact volume, having a payment method of charging for email volume would help with consumer databases.
* There are some bugs and nuances that can be frustrating at times
I highly recommend Eloqua to any company considering marketing automation software. I've been a customer for 7 years at 4 different companies. It's sophisticated platform, large partner eco-system, and commitment to customers has made me a faithful customer and a major advocate.