Oracle JDeveloper

Oracle JDeveloper is a free integrated development environment that simplifies the development of Java-based SOA and Java EE applications. JDeveloper offers complete end-to-end development to Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Fusion Applications with support for the full development life cycle.

Work for Oracle JDeveloper?

Learning about Oracle JDeveloper?

Oracle JDeveloper Reviews

Showing 44 Oracle JDeveloper reviews
Oracle JDeveloper review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"It Get's the Job Done but It's Not My Favorite"

What do you like best?

I can get all my orders in with this system. I can find the majority of what I need about the products I sell.

What do you dislike?

This does not integrate well with the other programs I use. It has a ton of weird quirks that you have to learn from someone who has been using it longer than you. It breaks down all the time and then we are at a standstill across the company. The way you search in JDE is ridiculous. It is incredibly hard to find anything. Everything is broken up into multiple places, so you have to have multiple windows open all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it easy to use. Please take out all the bugs. There are so many weird things that happen in JDE, it is a pain to use and train people in.

We enter all of our orders, our warehouse does all of our shipping out of JDE and we put all of our product info and customer service notes into JDE. It does get the job done.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Oracle JDeveloper
Oracle JDeveloper review by <span>Ronak S.</span>
Ronak S.

"Good Software but need improvement"

What do you like best?

JDeveloper is an instrument created by Oracle to deal with the lifecycle of a created bit of programming. It's free, which is awesome, however there is almost no group bolster since it isn't so generally utilized nowadays. By and by, I was working with a task which utilized some inheritance web administrations (especially, the Oracle Application Development Framework) so utilizing JDeveloper to investigate these administrations was an easy decision.

What do you dislike?

In case I'm looking into a client I don't care for how it doesn't demonstrate the client name. It just shows client number then I need to snap to the following page. On the off chance that there are various clients that I have to find in a bunch it's exceptionally tedious clicking every individual connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the event that you should investigate and create utilizing Oracle's ADF, at that point look no more remote than Oracle JDeveloper since there aren't any options. In the event that you don't have that prerequisite, I would search somewhere else for a free IDE.

Operation related issues, Oracle serves our distribution center administration frameworks this incorporates inbound, outbound production network capacities

What Integrated Development Environment (IDE) solution do you use?

Oracle JDeveloper review by User in Computer Software

"Very powefull database"

What do you like best?

Very easy to store the data and retrieve the data from oracle. Very robust & secure application can be built.Data pump can also be used to carry huge data from one db to another. It has a very Robust code . Good error Handling.Big data base snapshots can be taken easily. Portable collection of schemas(PDB) Metadata Clone can be done easily. Oracle has very good web services support.

What do you dislike?

It is very costly than compared to other available in the market. Indexing & loading time can be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

oracle helps to build highly secure applications.

We use this to store the data.Performance of the applications are very good while retrieving the data. Large volume data can be processed easily & effectively. The performance is also good while moving huge data .

Oracle JDeveloper review by User

"JDeveloper 11g"

What do you like best?

- It is based on MVC pattern and cleanly separates your business logic from presentation layer.

- It has built in support for AJAX

- Very rapid development because most of the development one can do declaratively by just drag and drop components on pages and like that

- Most important and exciting feature from me was very good support of LOV. LOV is required in almost every business application and with ADF i don't have to do any code for LOV just a query and some very small configurations and that's it.

- Rich Tables supporting LOV, combo box and others.

- It provides good hooks to develop own framework or utility classes to suit development e.g. I want to extend all entities from my own class and i can do it very easily.

- One of the unique feature of ADF 11g is ADF Task flow which faciliates developer to define reusable navigation and avoid cluttering of all navigation rules in one file which happens in JSF

What do you dislike?

JDeveloper is buggy and crashes many times espeically when one does refactoring or deleting some resources

Develop application

Oracle JDeveloper review by <span>Antonia C.</span>
Antonia C.

"can be customized for your company's needs "

What do you like best?

I like how you can customize oracle to fit your company's needs. I've worked at two different companies who use it in two completely different ways. One used it nationally for salespeople to request designs and for designers to submit them. They also used to create PO’s for their clients. The company I work for now also used it nationally to organize thousands of different product so that people all over the world can look up a sku and receive all the details for it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you have to do a lot of clicking on different links to get to a certain place and that can be annoying.

I have realized that Oracle is a great way to organize data for a large company with many offices in different places.

Oracle JDeveloper review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Jdeveloper for interface development"

What do you like best?

Great product for the money.Navigation is not intuitive as it should have been. I really like Jdeveloper for SOAP interface and web service development and the support community by Oracle is great.Very powerful software. All product has been good to this point, product support has been current and up to date, very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Initial installation steps were not much clear as there were two files required for installation. I was not sure which file to start with. Not supporting Groovi development language yet.

I recently started using it for one of our loan center projects. I used it for web service development which could act for standalone services for mortgage clients.

Learning about Oracle JDeveloper?

* We monitor all Oracle JDeveloper reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.