What do you like best?
1. Overall the tool allow for Roadmap planning and manage small to large programs.
2. Ability to create plan template so PM/Team Leads can plan from template with complete SDLC like project with ability to customize for each project. Improves planning cycle and plan completeness for delivery.
3. Resource Planning is easy across all or portfolio of projects.
4. Ability to use to track and manage Business projects
5. Easy to integrate with Project Costing tools to manage CapEx projects and financial systems
What do you dislike?
For small/lightweight projects this can be overkill tool to manage projects. Keep the plan simple and repeatable for these projects and report on key milestones as an example (Can be overcome by using plan template for small/repeatable projects.
Learning curve for someone that has only used MS Project is a challenge. People that have used other PM products other than MS Projects has easier time.
Time to address bugs in application can be challenged depending on relationship with Oracle.
Recommendations to others considering the product
- Invest the time and money to train users on how to use the tool to improve the adoption and usage of the product.
- Reporting across multiple projects is limited in product for advanced reporting look into using Primavera Portfolio Management module. You may find PPM V6 meets your needs which we did as well initially.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
Drive consistent project plans and metrics to manage and measure project progress. Also to plan Roadmap projects and define resource demand by skills for these project to understand skills demand to our current workforce.