Oracle | Responsys
Badge 1417703253

Oracle | Responsys

45 8.1 / 10
Compare Request a Demo
The Responsys Interact Marketing Cloud helps brands manage their digital relationships and deliver the right marketing to their customers across email, mobile, social, display & the web.

Oracle | Responsys Reviews (45)

• The program design robust-ness and flexibility, along with the advanced options for pulling in data from key sources (website behavior, purchase data, CRM data, etc.)... Read More
    0 8d2txjo9j2xcxkos8w0txsfvrdgvkkwsg24dxs7wx79ouhyv2ipyevr5zxclf entaauijjuqnup
    Carrie B.
  • The Interact platform allows me to control my email marketing program without having to rely on my Engineering resources. Resources are always at a premium so being... Read More
    0 vow0ftzjj0sa6k5x4hz8fiheuxvtokqxzeg8fismkjalzhikn2m1t abvtsyw zhrdw3hkkmigaf
    George D.
    Administrator in Internet
Updated On
Validated Review

Thinking about Responsys for email? Don't do it!

What do you like best?

We thought Responsys was top of the line. There are some nice features, but nothing that most competitor's don't have. There are an unacceptable amount of bugs and customer service issues.

Having worked with many ESPs in the past, I would recommend Listrak, then Silverpop. (I have absolutely no dog in this fight).

What do you dislike?

We wait months upon months for BUGS to be fixed. I'm talking about things like not tracking opens! There are constantly bugs in the system, but it is not because they are taking extra time to QA. In fact, they launched a new release this weekend that completely shut down all our campaigns and we received no notifications or heads-up, though we have all notifications set up.

As another example, in both the sales demo and in our first onboarding demo were were shown the ability to process files hourly instead of only daily. This was a requirement of the project. A week before go-live, the feature magically disappeared. We immediately brought it to their attention and are STILL waiting (four months later) for the approval of of our account manager's manager to enable it again.

As other reviewers have noted, they have this ridiculous link tracking setup. It makes everything really complicated, especially since there is a known bug that converts & in your URLs to & every...

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Obviously, we use this for our internal email programs and campaigns. We also pull customer data from Responsys for offline campaigns.

Great Platform for Tech-Savvy Marketers

What do you like best?

The program design robust-ness and flexibility, along with the advanced options for pulling in data from key sources (website behavior, purchase data, CRM data, etc.) into the relational database, and both easy-to-use basic targeting/segmentation as well as SQL capabilities for the advanced marketers.

What do you dislike?

It's not the most intuitive or visually appealing UI. Some of the most basic things I would think the tool has, it doesn't, for example: automatic link tracking (you have to set it up on your own manually), automatic "view this email online" web versions of emails (you have to create it on your own), doesn't track % of mobile openers/clickers, and the campaign assets are dispersed throughout the UI. If you have a tech savvy marketer, it'll all be fine with some training though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out first what your top priorities are and what's most important, then evaluate the "how" it gets accomplished with Responsys vs. another. Most ESPs are getting to a point of being able to do the same things, it's just how complicated or resource-heavy is it to get what you want.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Being able to do greater targeting and personalization based on web browsing behavior, purchases, products registered, CRM data, etc. We've seen a lift in opens, clicks, and revenue when we personalize.

Robust Platform For Marketers

What do you like best?

The suite is very robust, and always at least a step ahead of what I am trying to accomplish. The platform is very flexible in handling any data source needed for segmentation. It is easy to create different testing scenarios, automated programs, dynamic content, reusable segments and more and also have real-time reporting around campaigns.

Customer support and my customer success manager have also been very key to helping to accomplish campaign goals. I have used several enterprise level email solutions, and none compare to the support and response that I receive from Responsys.

What do you dislike?

With any tool there is a learning curve. Responsys is very robust, and I feel there is functionality that I am not using today. This does give me room to grow with the suite, instead of outgrowing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you consider where you would like your programs to be in the future, and make sure that whatever platform you choose will be able to support those goals + provide the personnel to help push you there.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

The main problem Responsys has helped me solve, is getting closer to the 1-1 relationship with customers, by allowing us to continue to grow the automation strategy, implement dynamic content, and segment smarter.

Validated Review

Enterprise platform with all of the tools for the Email Marketer

What do you like best?

The Interact platform allows me to control my email marketing program without having to rely on my Engineering resources. Resources are always at a premium so being able to do advanced campaigns with plug and play tools has been great.

What do you dislike?

Link tables. Having to create link tables separate from the uploaded email creative is time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Responsys is a robust email solution for sophisticated email marketing programs. If you are looking for a solution that is a more streamlined WYSIWYG platform...this is likely not the platform for you.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Marketing automation. Through the Program functionality in Interact we are able to build automation into our programs without the need for extensive IT resources. We can develop and control the creative and testing process without being limited by a reliance on other groups within the organization.

Administrator in Marketing and Advertising - Oracle | Responsys Review Author
Validated Review

Fast onboarding and immediate positive changes, looking forward to the future with Responsys.

What do you like best?

The main appeal was the self-service model and cross-channel approach. Our team was interested in owning marketing campaigns and having instant reporting to optimize our email strategy. We are excited to have cross-channel functionality at our disposal and look forward to mixing that into our campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Because of internal data issues, we aren't immediately able to move forward implementing as many automated programs that we would like. We find ourselves using Responsys as a medium to send more manual lists which doesn't exactly adhere to the hands-off, orchestrated platform that Responsys projects. To integrate the variety of complex campaigns that the company talks about is a lengthy process which we hope to get to soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Responsys definitely fulfills on cutting edge technology and has a great customer success team to understand your business model and strategize with your team to create the highest quality campaigns to fit company needs.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We are trying to play with different personalization options and localized/relevant communications are extremely important to our business model. Additionally, with Responsys, we have greater control of our data which allows us to think of automated email campaigns that allow us to send and wait for results. We are able to capture different audiences and deliver relevant, timely messaging. We have seen benefits with the display channel which has been an interesting and rewarding venue to connect with members, something we had never capitalized on before.

Tags

* We monitor all Oracle | Responsys reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Oracle | Responsys?