Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service

With MICROS-RETAIL you will simultaneously please your customers, reduce training time, eliminate manual processes, and provide real time data to corporate systems and other points of service.

Work for Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service?
Springboard pos  2x

Learning about MICROS-Retail?

Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service Reviews

Showing 21 MICROS-Retail reviews
MICROS-Retail review by <span>Christine C.</span>
Christine C.

LOVE Micros for Restaurants/F&B Outlets

What do you like best?

Versatile, and flexible. Micros easily integrates with many of the systems we use to manage checks and group bills.

I also liked that someone took the time to come out and train our team for a week. They were very helpful and attentive and respectful of the fact that we were trying to open a restaurant and learn this tool at the same time.

What do you dislike?

Our new system seems to go down once a week or occasionally freezes. Technical support is available and are very helpful, and understand that it may happen. It's just frustrating as it always seems to happen at the most inconvenient times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not using it, time to make the switch. Once the kinks get worked out, I know we'll be 100% happy with it.

A great benefit is that MICROS has been around for a long time and is used by so many retail outlets across the board, so it's easy to learn and begin using.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service
MICROS-Retail review by <span>Krzysztof L.</span>
Krzysztof L.

Not the best but most supported

What do you like best?

It is the most supported EPOS system. It can do, customise and interface to almost everything. The development team can write custom interfaces on demand.

From user side, it is easy to learn and use. Very intuitive menu (if designed appropriately).

What do you dislike?

Since Oracle is looking after the business It has became very profit oriented. All hardware is sold with 200% margin on it comparing to retail. Everything has to come with support or maintenance contact or no sale of single item. Support is appealing. Level one support dictates from manual found under F1 and takes ages to be escalated further. No proper Virtualization support or newest server (stuck on 2008r2). Out-dated management and tools.

Allows users for quick and easy sale of items. Interfaces well to any PMS system or payment methods.

What Retail POS solution do you use?

MICROS-Retail review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

Assistant manager/ waitress

What do you like best?

What I liked best about this system is how easy it is to use over all. When managing the system was really easy to handle when changing or adding buttons to the system as well as adding pictures to some of the buttons to add detail. Also making changes to receipt or customer open tables are really easy and simple without making to much hassle.

What do you dislike?

What I disliked about this system was just at the beginning when I was first introduced to it I was not trained on it so dealing with it was very difficult cause I only used one part and then was thrown to use the whole system, but once I was trained on the system it was easy to use.

My main focus was dealing with school and training on this system and learning what it had to offer.

MICROS-Retail review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

Best of a bad bunch :(

What do you like best?

Most employees have used this POS before. Seems to be the standard across the Hospitality industry

What do you dislike?

- Reactive company not proactive

- System is not user friendly when it comes to correcting mistakes.

- Poor customer service. Have to continually chase before you get anywhere.

- Hardware and software is outdated.

- Charge hefty yearly contracts but not backed up with service given.

- In a busy restaurant its unacceptable for the POS to go down on a weekly basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel like that have a near monopoly on the market so hard to avoid but if I find a worthy competitors it will be a easy decision to switch or not.

constant contact with customer support but this doesn't seem to change the current problems.

MICROS-Retail review by User in Wine and Spirits
User in Wine and Spirits

EASY TO USE

What do you like best?

Micros is one of the easiest systems to understand. Very efficient for high volume bars/restaurants. Every tab is easy to find, and they make the whole process very easy. Nothing is complicated about Micros, there are very few steps to do each task.

What do you dislike?

I am very much satisfied with Micros. I haven't experienced any problems while working with this system. I don't think I would change anything. I work at a high volume bar, and I have never occurred any problems with the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product if you in the Hospitality Industry. Super easy for bartenders and servers to understand and makes our job much more efficient! We don't have to worry about computer problems, or a check missing while using this system. All the tabs are in the right place, and I really enjoy their speed screens for the items that are ordered more often.

Efficiency! Micros makes our job much easier to do, and therefore we can give our customers better service. We are able to get in and out of the system easily, and fix problems when they occur without management.

MICROS-Retail review by <span>Sarah A.</span>
Sarah A.

Pretty Good!

What do you like best?

I like how fast everything works. If I ever have a problem with the system I can call and they are always quick to help. I've always had a really helpful person on the other line.

What do you dislike?

The worst problem I have had is when it crashes during a rush. It makes things difficult but it doesn't happen very often. Sometimes it seems like it takes a while to reboot. One time calling for help I couldn't understand the person on the other line that made things difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend micros it's an easy system to use

The business problems we solve are high end transactions. The benefits is micros does it for us.

Learning about Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service?

* We monitor all Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.