Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service

With MICROS-RETAIL you will simultaneously please your customers, reduce training time, eliminate manual processes, and provide real time data to corporate systems and other points of service.

Work for Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service?

Learning about MICROS-Retail?

Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service Reviews

Showing 22 MICROS-Retail reviews
MICROS-Retail review by Christine C.
Christine C.

"LOVE Micros for Restaurants/F&B Outlets"

What do you like best?

Versatile, and flexible. Micros easily integrates with many of the systems we use to manage checks and group bills.

I also liked that someone took the time to come out and train our team for a week. They were very helpful and attentive and respectful of the fact that we were trying to open a restaurant and learn this tool at the same time.

What do you dislike?

Our new system seems to go down once a week or occasionally freezes. Technical support is available and are very helpful, and understand that it may happen. It's just frustrating as it always seems to happen at the most inconvenient times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not using it, time to make the switch. Once the kinks get worked out, I know we'll be 100% happy with it.

A great benefit is that MICROS has been around for a long time and is used by so many retail outlets across the board, so it's easy to learn and begin using.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service
MICROS-Retail review by Krzysztof L.
Krzysztof L.

"Not the best but most supported"

What do you like best?

It is the most supported EPOS system. It can do, customise and interface to almost everything. The development team can write custom interfaces on demand.

From user side, it is easy to learn and use. Very intuitive menu (if designed appropriately).

What do you dislike?

Since Oracle is looking after the business It has became very profit oriented. All hardware is sold with 200% margin on it comparing to retail. Everything has to come with support or maintenance contact or no sale of single item. Support is appealing. Level one support dictates from manual found under F1 and takes ages to be escalated further. No proper Virtualization support or newest server (stuck on 2008r2). Out-dated management and tools.

Allows users for quick and easy sale of items. Interfaces well to any PMS system or payment methods.

What Retail POS solution do you use?

MICROS-Retail review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Assistant manager/ waitress"

What do you like best?

What I liked best about this system is how easy it is to use over all. When managing the system was really easy to handle when changing or adding buttons to the system as well as adding pictures to some of the buttons to add detail. Also making changes to receipt or customer open tables are really easy and simple without making to much hassle.

What do you dislike?

What I disliked about this system was just at the beginning when I was first introduced to it I was not trained on it so dealing with it was very difficult cause I only used one part and then was thrown to use the whole system, but once I was trained on the system it was easy to use.

My main focus was dealing with school and training on this system and learning what it had to offer.

MICROS-Retail review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Best of a bad bunch :("

What do you like best?

Most employees have used this POS before. Seems to be the standard across the Hospitality industry

What do you dislike?

- Reactive company not proactive

- System is not user friendly when it comes to correcting mistakes.

- Poor customer service. Have to continually chase before you get anywhere.

- Hardware and software is outdated.

- Charge hefty yearly contracts but not backed up with service given.

- In a busy restaurant its unacceptable for the POS to go down on a weekly basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel like that have a near monopoly on the market so hard to avoid but if I find a worthy competitors it will be a easy decision to switch or not.

constant contact with customer support but this doesn't seem to change the current problems.

MICROS-Retail review by User in Wine and Spirits
User in Wine and Spirits

"EASY TO USE "

What do you like best?

Micros is one of the easiest systems to understand. Very efficient for high volume bars/restaurants. Every tab is easy to find, and they make the whole process very easy. Nothing is complicated about Micros, there are very few steps to do each task.

What do you dislike?

I am very much satisfied with Micros. I haven't experienced any problems while working with this system. I don't think I would change anything. I work at a high volume bar, and I have never occurred any problems with the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product if you in the Hospitality Industry. Super easy for bartenders and servers to understand and makes our job much more efficient! We don't have to worry about computer problems, or a check missing while using this system. All the tabs are in the right place, and I really enjoy their speed screens for the items that are ordered more often.

Efficiency! Micros makes our job much easier to do, and therefore we can give our customers better service. We are able to get in and out of the system easily, and fix problems when they occur without management.

MICROS-Retail review by Sarah A.
Sarah A.

"Pretty Good! "

What do you like best?

I like how fast everything works. If I ever have a problem with the system I can call and they are always quick to help. I've always had a really helpful person on the other line.

What do you dislike?

The worst problem I have had is when it crashes during a rush. It makes things difficult but it doesn't happen very often. Sometimes it seems like it takes a while to reboot. One time calling for help I couldn't understand the person on the other line that made things difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend micros it's an easy system to use

The business problems we solve are high end transactions. The benefits is micros does it for us.

MICROS-Retail review by User in Logistics and Supply Chain
User in Logistics and Supply Chain

"Micros POS: The Way to Go! "

What do you like best?

MICROS has and will continue to be the leading software for POS systems in the restaurant industry . They are quick , efficient, and easy to use . What's more is that the MICrOS system is versatile and can be used for a lot f different tasks . I like everything about this system from the reports it it is capable of running to the functions it is able to perform and all at the simple press of a button (touch screen) ! Would easily recommend this software to any restaurant.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about the micros system. If there are many cons about this POS software, I am not knowledgeable enough to comment .

When I was in the restaurant industry , I was able to run numerous reports at the touch of a button with ease from server totals to item inventory right on down to the daily revenue in comparison to previous days . Made it very easy to close out my day and balance my P and L

MICROS-Retail review by Ash H.
Ash H.

"Utilised as a POS solution for multiple restaurants"

What do you like best?

We used Micros across six different restaurant brands, and the available add-ons, both through Micros/Oracle and third parties are fantastic. Reliable and rock-solid.

What do you dislike?

If you don't stay current with the versions you may be left behind, with difficulty implementing the newest features and third party add-ons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a rock-solid platform that stands with the biggest industry platers (Aloha, etc.). Definitely worth considering, especially with it's API functionality.

Micros is used at the first point of contact for our customers. We've also been able to integrate with a loyalty app from Punchh which has been a blessing.

MICROS-Retail review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Micros has always worked well."

What do you like best?

The buttons are easy to use and customization so that we are able to change the names and items as our menus change. I think this is important in order for the employees to be able to perform well.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that normally there are never enough Micros Systems and there causes back up when putting in orders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend MICROS because in the fast pace industry of the restaurant it is important that you have a system that works well and works fast. I think that it is very clear and easy to learn for anyone new. There was never a training that I had taken for Micros but it was easy to learn.

It allows multiple features that allow you to not have to send your orders all at once.

MICROS-Retail review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Mid level POS for restaurants "

What do you like best?

Ease of use for newcomers. Customizable in most areas. Very good for inventory purposes. Can link time of use and frequency of products used into database fairly simply.

What do you dislike?

Too much nonsense. Needs to be a bit more cut and dry on the POS terminals. Very slow at times and not the world's best, or quickest, servicing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with Aloha instead. Much more user friendly both on the management and user side.

An inventory to sales record while also serving as the POS terminal and receipt generator. Much faster and more accurate than other options.

MICROS-Retail review by Administrator in Restaurants
Administrator in Restaurants

"POS review"

What do you like best?

Calibration has not been off. Some I have used need to be recalibrated a couple times a month

What do you dislike?

The way you program it. Way too many steps. Deleting is a pain. You have to swipe your card too when processing multiple transactions. Revention is a million times better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy their customer service contract because you will be calling tech support often.

It's easier than to hand write tickets and to look up information about a day or a product, but all POS are able to do that. Just not a fan of the brand.

MICROS-Retail review by Lindsey C.
Lindsey C.

"I have used this product for over 5 years at a restaurant where I am a bartender "

What do you like best?

Micros is extremely easy to learn and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

The only negative I can say is that it sometimes freezes when you have a lot of credit card tabs and it starts to go extremely slow.

The best benefit it is a great way for communicating with the entire restaurant especially the server and the kitchen.

MICROS-Retail review by User

"micros system is very nice "

What do you like best?

Its a basic computer system used for restaurants and is operable

What do you dislike?

It is not too easy to use and the system can be difficult to use at times because it crashes daily

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not choose this system, it is difficult to work with

It helps as a POS system to make the restaurant work

User in Retail

"This software is easy to use and accurate when counting and tracking sales"

What do you like best?

It's simple to use and navigate for business and sales use

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike about it. So far it been working out great for our store

This allows us to manage all transactions and sales. We can generate reports and keep records.

MICROS-Retail review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Slow, always freezing and in need of a serious update. "

What do you like best?

Fairly simple to use, however there are too many ways to do one thing.

What do you dislike?

The program constantly freezes, voiding an item is too difficult and putting a new product in is a serious pain.

It makes it easier to connect through the servers and bartenders at my job, however, the program is slow and clunky and it looks like its from 1993.

MICROS-Retail review by User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"POS can never be any easier"

What do you like best?

I like how the software allows control of inventory management and labor management.

What do you dislike?

The software takes quite a bit of time get familiarized with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is great once you know the tricks of using it properly. Take your time to get used to it.

Implementing for a restaurant. Staff training is required before this software can be deployed.

MICROS-Retail review by Jenna D.
Jenna D.

"Bartender at RJ Grunts"

What do you like best?

MICROS is very easy to manage and is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Random issues tend to pop up when I can checking someone out, it can be a little difficult.

NA

User in Retail

"Fast and easy to learn"

What do you like best?

I’ve used Xstore for about 2 years and it’s easy to use for all ages of employees

What do you dislike?

Download times can take a while. And crashes at the beginning were frequent

Point of sale and searching for product

MICROS-Retail review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Pretty good"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and we always use it everyday to put orders in. Quick and efficient

What do you dislike?

I do not like how the system kept jamming and crashing

Help people work faster and more efficiently. It runs all the reports automatically saving timr

MICROS-Retail review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Improve productivity with Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service"

What do you like best?

very user friendly especially for a dinosaur like me. It was ready to go "out of the box"

What do you dislike?

Poor customer service during peak hours when help is needed most

increased speed while ordering and excellent for inventory control

MICROS-Retail review by User

"Micros Review"

What do you like best?

Very easy and efficient to use- especially when you are very busy at work.

What do you dislike?

there is nothing that i dislike as of yet

It has a simple to use interface which makes inputting orders very easy

"Store manager "

What do you like best?

User friendly

Easy to train staff with.

What do you dislike?

Main register affects all other registers

A friendly tech support staff

Learning about Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service?

* We monitor all Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.