Oracle Siebel

Siebel delivers a combination of transactional, analytical, and engagement features to manage all customer-facing operations. Siebel CRM delivers comprehensive on premise and on demand CRM solutions that are tailored industry solutions.

Work for Oracle Siebel?

Learning about Siebel?

Oracle Siebel Reviews

Showing 219 Siebel reviews
Siebel review by <span>Paul S.</span>
Paul S.

"I use Siebel all day, every day"

What do you like best?

The best part about Siebel is that it brings all of our data together into one piece of software. Nearly all of the work done by all departments in our company is done within this software. Our whole business is integrated and the software is highly customized to our needs.

What do you dislike?

One thing that could use improvement is the user experience within the software. Many functions are not as intuitive as you might expect and there are some quirks that takes new users a little extra time to learn than other software. I have a feeling this is due to the age of the software platform as it does also look less attractive as newer software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is powerful and can be heavily customized to your needs but if you don't need all of that power you might want to look into slimmer options.

This is our software for customer relationship management, vendor management, work order and quote management, asset management, contract management, etc... we use Siebel for everything we do.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Oracle Siebel
Siebel review by <span>Lee M.</span>
Lee M.

"Siebel for every company use"

What do you like best?

Siebel brought all of our data together into one piece of software. Nearly all of the work done by all departments in our company was done within this software. Our whole business was integrated and the software is highly customized to our needs.

What do you dislike?

The control administrator of the software can cause problems with the version of the internet browser that is opened since it is not compatible with all, preferably it has to be opened with Internet Explorer since it does not have support for newer versions such as Edge and much less with Chrome the lack of a Plugin In that makes this tool compatible, makes it a lot heavier to handle in each of the computers of the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is of global use, it helps to take control of each of the clients with their purchase preferences, addresses, fiscal data or any order tracking that has been done.

The inventory controls, taken at the level of each SKU with its measure and individual price, as well as grouped in a special price list that is assigned to each of our customers depending on the volume of purchase made by each, these can be customized to get special discounts or wholesale

What CRM solution do you use?

Siebel review by <span>Greg D.</span>
Greg D.

"Too customized to be useful?"

What do you like best?

Overall, Siebel does what it's supposed to do - keep track of prospects, contacts, opportunities and pipeline (through close or loss).

What do you dislike?

In my case, Siebel can be so customized that it is a giant pain in the ass to actually use. As a sales person, there are only a handful fields I want to see and use......but the version (custom implementation at my former company) I was forced to use made me dread the weekly updates I had to do. So I'd want it to be much easier to create a view that only matters to me (and other sales people) and leave out all the other stuff the rest of the company might care about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not over complicate implementations. Give every type of user their own view and leave out the stuff that doesn't matter to them.

It seems like our CFO and CEO could get what they wanted out of it.....so that's a benefit. But for those of us that have to input and manage data, I found it too user unfriendly to be truly useful.

Siebel review by <span>Emma H.</span>
Emma H.

"Use this every day for work"

What do you like best?

Siebel populates profile info and feeds it over to other systems to make it easier to complete my work. It has tabs to view various profile information on one system. It's pretty easy to use and makes work easier. It has the option to search by various methods (policy number, name, SSN, etc.). It's easier to find info on a client if they are in the system. There is also a built in calendar and has the ability to track opportunities and requests.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Siebel is slow, crashes, or does not have updated information. Sometimes info does not sync to other systems that I use. This can be frustrating since it makes it harder to complete my work. Sometimes I have to log in manually instead which can take some time. The IT support is pretty good and usually resolves issues fairly quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oracle Siebel is a great system. It's user-friendly and provides a lot of helpful info. It sometimes crashes or does not sync with other systems though.

I use Siebel to talk to clients (agents, customers, brokers, etc.).. It makes it easier to access their personal info if updated correctly (name, SSN, address, phone number, activity). It also allows me to view certifications, call logs, and requests. It also makes is easier to log opportunities to grow our business. It is one of the systems I use every day for work and it makes work more efficient.

Siebel review by <span>Michael W.</span>
Michael W.

"Highly useful software although lacking speed and user performance"

What do you like best?

The functionality of the software was excellent in terms of a customer CRM tool. Information was well organized and the software served it's purpose for the sales and planning teams.

What do you dislike?

The application speed in comparison to it's largest competitor was noticeably slower when working inside the database and planning promotional activity. Our IT team was constantly attempting to reduce the amount of wait time but it seemed to always be an uphill battle and never easily resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Siebel is very versatile and can be customized to your companies every need. With each additional customization though, ensure your company has enough resources and bandwidth to ensure the software can be used smoothly without long waiting periods. I found that the software was easy to use and an easy transition from working in competing CRM applications.

Oracle Siebel simplified the planning process for sales teams to both capture promotional sales activity as well as product demand for varying teams across the country. The great thing about this software was excellent translation software which was able to take all of the inputted data and chart it easily to various applications for review and planning.

Siebel review by <span>Missy B.</span>
Missy B.

"Siebel is still the best CRM"

What do you like best?

Siebel is a powerhouse of processing power. It has been able to grow with our business over the last 14 years, requiring very little configuration to handle the complex relationships our business has. Automation and the streamlining of work has been critical in allowing our users to handle increasingly demanding volumes of workload.

What do you dislike?

Most of what I'd say Oracle is actively working on. The complexity of upgrading has been a challenge over the years and I look forward to the gains in this area coming with IP17 and IP18.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For businesses like ours that have complex relationships between their customer entities Siebel is the most capable at meeting those needs out of the box. It's flexibility and powerhouse of processing make it a perfect backbone to use alone, or to source a cloud application from.

Business Process Automation and complex relationship management. We've saved thousands of hours of processing time over the years with Siebel's ability to automate record creation and process workflow.

Siebel review by <span>Susannah F.</span>
Susannah F.

"Good for those who can view a lot at once"

What do you like best?

lots of different view options so you can see many things at once. it was my first CRM to learn how to use and I figured out the basics. there were a lot of tabes so you could see what you were looking at from various angles. It was a good first CRM to learn since it was straightforward and easy to go step by step learning how to pull information and how to export to excel.

What do you dislike?

too many things to look at at the same time. use if necessary but there are probably better options out there. There might be upgrades since I last used it. IT can be tough to navigate. You need to be a decent multitasked to use it well. It often froze too. sometimes it was hard to access the information I was looking for quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use if necessary but there are probably better options out there. There might be upgrades since I last used it. IT can be tough to navigate... Lots of different viewing options. There might be more features in other products

CRM and pulling reports and data. use if necessary but there are probably better options out there. There might be upgrades since I last used it. IT can be tough to navigate. I used it for seeing what legal terms the customer had with us previously. I used it for addresses and phone numbers and email addresses so lots of contact information.

Siebel review by <span>Daniel M.</span>
Daniel M.

"Siebel Review"

What do you like best?

I like that my appointments are can be prioritized. Right now we are able to load a list of email or web engaged leads and prioritize them in my appointments in order to give them a second touch after their engagement.

What do you dislike?

The interface needs a serious face-lift. It's hard to visually organize items in the leads and appointments view. Maybe we just don't use it, but I wish I didn't have to link to another applications to see their spend history.

Sales tool I use for managing my past clients and prospects in order to organize my sales efforts.

Siebel review by <span>Zachary M.</span>
Zachary M.

"I use Oracle Siebel everyday in the workplace and have yet to have my opinion changed."

What do you like best?

Again, its the simplicity of the system. It is set up in fashion that requires minimal training of any kind. Items and headings are placed where they are readily accessible to the user with little to no hassle.

What do you dislike?

Dislikes, I am striving to think of anything that I dislike with the program. At the time I can think of no dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there are any questions with the program reach out to the support staff. This group will assist you and have you on your way in a matter of seconds.

The biggest problem solver that Oracle Siebel is helping solve is paper-trail. With the use of this product everything is right there filed away that I can find it with ease at the touch of a button in a matter of seconds.

Siebel review by <span>Ashlee S.</span>
Ashlee S.

"Siebel Review"

What do you like best?

Once you set up your personal format/info, results are easy to read. The option to have results emailed to you weekly is very helpful!

What do you dislike?

Manually setting up your 'view' is time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love the feature that allows you to have weekly selling results pulled automatically (I had mine pulled each Monday morning) then emailed to you and your team. Setting up the view is time consuming, but worth the effort in the end (you don't have to manually re-pull selling each week!). Each Monday morning I would open my email to see the Sales results from the previous week.

**Also could set up multiple views at one time -- at month end, I would have monthly selling recaps prepared and distributed.

Weekly selling recaps, automatically run/distributed.

Siebel review by <span>Rishan M.</span>
Rishan M.

"Very customer friendly and best database to store customer information"

What do you like best?

It is automatically connected to your customer's telephone and helps us analyzing the profile when we talk to them

What do you dislike?

It has server issues and also slowness. It even slows down your entire system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce is now implementing Siebel inside their software. I think salesforce is the next big thing and companies are migrating to Salesforce from Siebel.

We are using profile in Siebel for marketing and sales purpose. It also helps us understand our customers more through their job description and product usage.

Siebel review by User in Internet

"Best Technology Upgrade My Company has Made"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Oracle Siebel is that it is so easy to customize the platform to the specific needs of your business. We are able to track customer issues FAR better than we were with our previous CRM platform, which helps us to leverage information regarding how we can better communicate with our customers to provide information the first time and prevent the need for customer contacts, as well as seeing trends from specific individuals or groups of customers, whether those trends be positive or negative for our business.

What do you dislike?

My number one complaint, and one you would hear from almost everyone at my company, is that Oracle Siebel is sometimes slow and/or crashes for no reason. This can be frustrating because it interrupts workflow and makes it more difficult to perform my job. Even worse, it can often create a negative experience for our customers because we are unable to locate necessary information to assist them in a timely manner. We also sometimes see data lags in Siebel, but to be fair, I am unsure if this is a Siebel issue or something caused by our servers so I won't fully fault Siebel for that issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oracle Siebel has fantastic functionality and is so easily customized to your specific business needs. They have fantastic support, so if there is a capability you require that you don't know how to customize or if you are having issues with the platform, do not hesitate to reach out to them as they have never let me down when I have needed support.

We moved to Oracle Siebel from a platform that had been created in-house and used since the founding of our company. It has made a world of difference in our business practices. Since our initial launch of Oracle Siebel, we have updated the platform numerous times, adding new features to streamline our workflow. Our employees are now able to perform daily tasks using queries pre-built into the Siebel interface, saving significant time from our previous functionality. We have gotten to the point where we have built back all former capabilities from our previous CRM platform and gone one step further to even IMPROVE upon all of those functionalities.

"Siebel by requirement "

What do you like best?

Its a place to store all my leads. I cant really think of what else to say.

What do you dislike?

Almost everything. My company used siebel as our CRM and its a challenge on a daily basis. I get kicked off, things dont save if i click anything out of order, its dated, the UI/UX is garbage and more. We have an entire team who are tasked with optimizing Siebel and it never gets better. Theres so many tabs and buttons and actions that are literally never used and it barely integrates with anything. Siebel is the bane of my existence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the extra $ and get salesforce.

I am able to input and track my leads...

Siebel review by <span>Alexa K.</span>
Alexa K.

"Sorting and Filtering"

What do you like best?

The program isn’t fairly easy to learn and use.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately this program is so difficult to search and sort or filter. I typically have to export the data to excel to be able to sort/filter to find what I’m looking for. I then have to go back to CTMS to do what I intended. It makes what should be simple a much more involved task.

This has allowed for closer monitoring of key regulatory documents and site training reconciliation.

Siebel review by User in Internet

"Not the most user friendly, but so robust and leverages so much information"

What do you like best?

After the initial learning hump, Siebel can literally do anything your entire sales team needs. It houses so much information and is so powerful. I used the tool for over 2 years and I was still learning new ways to leverage information in the platform.

What do you dislike?

It is not user friendly and learning the tool is not easy. Also, as stated before, there is so much information buried, sometimes in random places, that it is difficult to use the tool to its full potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time digging in. Find those hidden places. There is always more valuable information hidden in different pages and places.

I used this tool as a sales professional and then sales manager. It is very customizable that you can shape it around your industry and needs.

Siebel review by User in Computer Software

"A clunky, but usable experience"

What do you like best?

A lot of the live editing was nice. Being able to manipulate the forms directly as I saw them instead of having to go through a field of menus is definitely a plus to the user experience.

However, a lot of the systems looked nebulous and redundant. There were fields that were just wholesale not used. Now, I'm willing to put some of that on the organization but it's clear there was no real coaching of software use going on. I'm also not sure that new features were ever implemented in my time using the software.

What do you dislike?

The interface very often had a lag associated with it. Saving entries was also a bit esoteric. In the reports drawn up, it was very often questioned if our inputs were actually counted and considered in the reporting functions. So, if using be sure to audit the system with a little frequency.

It was a an adequate way to track customer issues and to also organize centralized notes on a client. A lot of the "at a glance" information was very useful for accounts.

Siebel review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Former Superuser Who Thinks It Can Do Better"

What do you like best?

You are able to customize it to your specific organization's needs. It was great how we could use the data for reports in SAP BusinessObjejcts.

What do you dislike?

A lot of my time spent in Siebel was fixing bugs/errors. Part of this was do to the rigidness of the CRM, the overall design, and the fact that it wasn't very intuitive. When I was part of the organization that was using Siebel, we were undergoing a lot of change from our sales offerings to hierarchy shifts. It was very costly/time consuming to reflect these changes in Siebel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are part of a dynamic organization I would consider Siebel's capacity to pivot and meet your changing needs. I strongly suggest using it with a business intelligence platform

Good pipeline/revenue management. Siebel had a wealth of data that was great to work with once you exported it to Excel.

Siebel review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Oracel Siebel Sales Tracking"

What do you like best?

Using this in my sales role, I was able to keep track of customers that I spoke with (name, date) and add notes. I was able to add notes on likes/dislikes of the product they were using (what we sold) and the wishes of the customer. I was able to set reminders and easily track when to follow up with them again. If they called or sent an email to me, I was able to pull it up and remember exactly what was discussed before.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it took a while to load or wasn't able to load certain sections. When on a call with someone, it was important to get the information as soon as possible, so any lag time could cause a missed opportunity or discussing the same topics over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep as many detailed notes inside of the system as you can. Take a learning seminar to understand all the abilities of the application. It greatly enhanced my job.

Keeping important information easily accessible for discussions with customers. The ability to have a profile setup for each customer and keeping notes added to our discussions. Also, with manager access, they would be able to assist in calls if brought on and made reviews easier.

Siebel review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.

"Oracle Siebel - not a salesperson's best friend"

What do you like best?

I liked that my company is getting rid of this difficult to use software and switching to an easier to use software for us to employ.

What do you dislike?

Everything, this software to interact well with our CRM, so it required multiple input of information, and when we had an upgrade of the system, it often crashed or deleted previously input information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make interacting with other CRM software more compatible.

We used Siebel to generate contract and billing for our services, no benefits have been realized that I have noted because it has caused multiple headaches as input of company names/addresses etc did not translate from our CRM to Siebel.

Siebel review by <span>Haley K.</span>
Haley K.

"Project Associate Review of Oracle"

What do you like best?

The reports are relatively simple to set up and run on an as needed basis.

What do you dislike?

There is a lag in some of the larger reports. It can take over 30 minutes to run, or they don't run correctly at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product works well enough with no major issues.

I use this on a daily basis to keep track of all on going activities.

Siebel review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Oracle Siebel is a very versatile application that covers a wide range of CRM functionality"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to quickly query out sales opportunities of individual customers and also keep track of other information such as different employees names in the sales team, their sales activities logged and key customer contacts.

What do you dislike?

I find that it is a big hassle to query multiple customer information at once. If I want to query and export data of all customers that are tagged under a particular sales initiative, Oracle Siebel would often take a long time to populate the query results and even longer is the time to export results of the query.

I use Oracle Siebel CRM to keep track of all sales opportunities and activities entered by our field sales team at an organisational level. Our team is often tasked to keep track of performance of different sales initiatives such as maintaining customer lists, updating latest activities, total sales opportunities revenue etc. The benefits of having such an effective CRM tool is increased sales through focused effort on top performing sales initiatives.

Siebel review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Been almost a year and still not live"

What do you like best?

I haven't really found anything that I like yet.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything about this company, its products and employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please do your due diligence and interview several companies before making a decision. We have found that there was a lot of "Bait and Switch" with this company and would change if we could.

We have been trying to upgrade our computer system from QB Enterprise Wholesale to Oracle's NetSuite, but it's been nothing but a headache. Things they told us would work for us (ie, being able to get full item descriptions with bin numbers on our handheld scanners, having a sandbox to play with so employees are used to the system) don't work and/or are suddenly not included and they say things like "Well, not of our other companies have needed that". They are very frustrating to work with.

Siebel review by <span>John L.</span>
John L.

"Siebel for Correspondence"

What do you like best?

It puts all the information we need in once place and can be tracking across various divisions.

What do you dislike?

When a user changes PCs, IT must be contacted to download the Oracle Enterprise Manager Plug-in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We find that we are outgrowing Siebel. With 40 million service requests, Siebel is very slow. Siebel is very likely a great solution if you have lower volume than we do.

40 million people reached out to us and we use Siebel to track those service requests. Siebel also allows taxpayers to check the status of their request via the web.

Siebel review by User in Financial Services

"Siebel is Great"

What do you like best?

Siebel provides easy navigation for myself to find and review customer information

What do you dislike?

Siebel always has updates that make the system run slower. Also, the tabs are hard to organize if you are not familiar wiht the system. It can throw off your organization if you don't know how to move the tabs proeprly .

Our company is sadly moving away from Siebel and it wil be missed. I like being able to view all accounts on one page, and most importantly, the ease of doing business. Siebel is easy to navigate and use.

Siebel review by User in Internet

"Implementation on a large scale was a real problem"

What do you like best?

It consolidated a lot of processes that formerly required a variety of different custom softwares and plenty of emails to be sent to different people. The information is visible at once and the CRM process becomes consolidated (in theory) in one SaaS-type interface.

What do you dislike?

The implementation of this was challenging to begin with, but once it's there, it should work. What we got was maybe an alpha-version at best, with the users who depend on it to make a living being the beta-testers. Where to start with the problems? Some key points:

- Extreme lag in the SaaS-interfact. You click, it freezes for 0.5 seconds, then the button reacts. This is not for major commands but for every single tab or ok button inside of a tab.

- Extremely unintuitive and confusing. This only applies to our custom product for the company... granted, it's a complex process... but then why let the user see the 150 options all at once instead of guiding them through it? There is a very specific order in which products have to be added, configured and priced out for contract generation, and that order is so cryptic and unintuitive that we all received step-by-step manuals - which became impossible to follow or even get back to once you accidentally skipped a step. Our firm had two "champions" who taught others how to input orders in the CRM, and they were assisting people for hours every day, months after the CRM was implemented. I have never experienced such unintuitive order input with any of the CRMs and softwares I have used in my professional life.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you feel like you want to relieve SaaS solutions the way they looked in the year 2003, then go for Siebel. It will make you feel nostalgic with its antiquated looks, input lag, and unintuitive interface.

That being said, more modern CRMs such as Hubspot are also anything but perfect (frequent interface changes, not much customization), so you will carefully have to evaluate what is really the best for your company's individual needs, as mundane as that sounds. As much as I was annoyed by Siebel, I also don't think Hubspot or SugarCRM could have done the job of consolidating dozens of legacy systems into one custom CRM. I am not saying Siebel is great (it's not), but it may be the only suitable solution on the market for some complex or large-scale CRM needs at the moment.

- It consolidated a large amount of legacy softwares into one process, despite all the problems

Siebel review by Consultant in Chemicals
Consultant in Chemicals

"My work's lifeblood is safely resting on this software"

What do you like best?

My company has a completely customised version and uses this to link up to many features that we've developed for our customers. It's seamless to go from call management/ call details into quoting prices, or creating an overview of a finished job.

What do you dislike?

The mobile version is restricted, clunky, and watered down. But there are so many variables to consider that it might not really be Oracle to blame here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used quite a few different CRMs. This has to be one of the best.

Building customer relationships, following up with record management, quoting prices, creating events, keeping track of who I've called and who I haven't yet, accountability, a calender that works! This list can go on and on, but these are the major players.

Siebel review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Easy to use CRM"

What do you like best?

From an auditing standpoint, it is easy to navigate and determine whether any information is missing and come to conclusions faster. My team uses it mostly as read-only to audit any potential issues in revenue leakage so we utilize it to verify any issues found, making sure the order is complete and has all of the necessary criteria required.

What do you dislike?

When drilling down in to opportunities, it can be hard to associate which criteria aligns with which record. More consolidation would be nice. When auditing, we need to make decisions fast, and having everything fit within one screen without having to scroll would make a big impact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It appears to be a great product that is flexible with various applications. Although my use is limited in the implementation phase it has been easy to use to quickly train new resources on, which makes a huge impact in the long run.

Revenue leakage through missed opportunities not flowing properly to billing. My team works on auditing these issues through the backend but often times needs to confirm in the front-end applications for verification.

Siebel review by <span>Artee H.</span>
Artee H.

"Great"

What do you like best?

I like the feature of defining my own queries and be able to cut the data in various ways.

What do you dislike?

Not much really, I wish for a drag and drop interface and a light version for mobiles/tabs integrated with next set of upgrades. this will allow the end users to use it more often and better and be able to ask more of the product and thus get better features developed win-win.

The only other thing would be to have the ability to put more queries with drag and drop instead of writing SQLs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to end users and some occasional users as well. The regular user knows it all so are better with the product but an occasional user helps you make the product lovable from the start.

I track sales daily on this..

Siebel review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Oracle Siebel"

What do you like best?

The User interface can be easily modified and with Open UI customisation is very simple for a Developer. The current Out of the Box Siebel application contains Customer, Contact, Case, Payment modules which are used with minimal customization

What do you dislike?

Currently the Siebel server cannot be hosted on Cloud which is a huge drawback considering we have SalesForce and Oracle Cloud service competing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The out of the box Siebel application for Public Sector is very generic and minimal customisation is required to adhere to Customer requirements

Currently we are modernising US state motor carrier applications and we are able to streamline the process for the State by ensuring all their business is under one umbrella. Screenshot of being a current user of Siebel cannot be provided due to confidentiality agreement with the Client.

Siebel review by <span>Maura D.</span>
Maura D.

"We use oracle at work for getting in touch with patients profiles outside of work if needed"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to access profiles and how similar it is to when you are at work.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it continually freezes my computer when I use it causing me to restart it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good for when you want to work outside of the office rather than having to come in to determine what the best plan of care is for your patient.

We aren't exactly solving problems, we are just learning more about our patients and using it as a resource to provide better care when we are not directly in front of them.

Siebel review by <span>Kat F.</span>
Kat F.

"Still Top in CRM, and cost effective"

What do you like best?

Scales to huge numbers with almost zero implementation issues

Quick and efficient, with extensive features for parsing data and reporting

What do you dislike?

The interface is slightly out of date, which is unsurprising considering the parent company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure if small businesses should go near it

Once it is set up and appropriately customized (which is expensive and time consuming) and once users have been appropriately trained (also expensive) It takes care of CRM needs completely, requiring very little day to day management.

Siebel review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Not for sales people"

What do you like best?

That it helps generate invoices from the system, where some CRM software does not

What do you dislike?

Not mobile, you can to be logged into a VPN to access. It's very clunky and multiple clicks needed to get around. Often times opportunities and agreements that are linked, actually do not link together so you have to manually adjust the stages for both. There is no way to really pull pipeline information or create a custom report for pipeline forecasting

At this point, none. Our organization is switching to Salesforce for that reason

Siebel review by User in Financial Services

"Continuous Improvement."

What do you like best?

I like the solidness of Siebel. It provides the necessary GUI to a hard to understand background application. This program tends to serve its purpose perfectly with very few hiccups or faults. It gives the employees the simple necessity of information needed for their roles.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the complicated technical changes needed when implementing something new. I wish it would be a bit more simple to make customization or changes based on the person used the program at any given time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel like most people could benefit from a very in depth tutorial of this program before use.

Feeding harder to understand application info and business info to an easy to read program for our employees.

"Pretty simple "

What do you like best?

I have used oracle for two systems in my office. I do like that the system is pretty straight forward and relatively simple to use.

What do you dislike?

I don’t Ike that you are unable to open multiple windows of the same screen at once, the system has recently been down/crashes a lot more than usual.

With Oracle we are able to schedule our events, hold important client and staff information, and even link our staff time cards to the system

Siebel review by <span>Dan W.</span>
Dan W.

"It is hard to think up a less intuitive and cumbersome product"

What do you like best?

It can be useful to aggregate consultant data in the field.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a disaster. It crashes with quite a lot of frequency. It is not easy to import my own data into the program. I have to do so in a rote fashion.

Logging our customer interactions and opportunities

Siebel review by User in International Trade and Development
User in International Trade and Development

"Oracle Siebel: The Functional CRM"

What do you like best?

Great functionalities. I like the fact that I am able to create new prospect lists, generate and track leads. I also work with the CRM from home, which is amazing.

What do you dislike?

The cloud bugs. Sometimes it’s hard to get things going when there are connectivity issues in the cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Oracle Sales Cloud is a great tool for your sales team.

Generating and tracking leads. Building a database of prospects. Oracle Siebel gives you great visibility on your overall sales cycle.

Siebel review by User in Research
User in Research

"So Much Data, So Little Time"

What do you like best?

The tool is very customizable for whatever needs your salesforce has. I personally use it to send customers samples of my products, and that is helpful. There's also the ability to export contact info to Excel, which is good.

What do you dislike?

It is by far the slowest CRM software that I have ever used. The site 'times-out' all of the time. It's so hard to de-duplicate contacts. It's customizable as far as your needs, but views are not customizable. To get to "my opportunities" I have to click twice, drop down, click again, and then sort. Very time-consuming.

Trying to track the stage of an opportunity.

Siebel review by <span>Chris B.</span>
Chris B.

"Siebel Rocks"

What do you like best?

Siebel provided many options for small, medium and large businesses. They also provide sales, marketing and customer support modules

What do you dislike?

Implementations could be a nightmare, especially the larger the organization and the more the specialization you wanted. Implementation could be 2-3 times the cost of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just remember the cost of implementation can be 2-3 times the cost of the actual software

Siebel was great for sales! You could send emails, track them, see your pipeline, do your forecasting, track your activities all from a very easy to use interface. Just loved it

Siebel review by Administrator in Consumer Electronics
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"Archaic"

What do you like best?

nothing - using an old version. What I do like is the reporting capabilities, which are fairly straightforward.

What do you dislike?

Old version, customized, not state-of-the-art, no automation. The version we are using does not have any cloud capabilities and we are reliant on an IT staff to administer and maintain the platformLooking forward to new tools in 2018

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't speak to the latest versions, which I hope keep up with the industry standards on cloud bvased solutions

it does the job, but with much manual override. We are able to manage our email campaigns but post-email tasks such as reporting are not intuitive and somewhat difficult - moreso than smaller packages

Siebel review by <span>Harshendra A.</span>
Harshendra A.

"Using it from past 3 years"

What do you like best?

One of the best crm i have worked on.Complete information available at on stop.Almost no waiting time the moment you click information is available.

What do you dislike?

A proper training is required. We used to process orders for customers and it was sometime tough to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool with lot of flexibility . You can customize it as per your need and executing speed is commendable .

Crm. Dell order management .

Siebel review by <span>Rachel J.</span>
Rachel J.

"Siebel experience"

What do you like best?

Lots of data pooled to create comprehensive profiles of company and contact activity

What do you dislike?

Needed time to become a proficient user and align territories. More training would be really helpful as I don't understand the extent to which I can customize my account

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good at pooling complex data to provide company and contact profiles

Using lots of data pools this tool has been able to show the bigger picture in a clear format

Siebel review by <span>Sunil M.</span>
Sunil M.

"Tons of Features For Sales/ Service/ Marketing & Everything CRM!"

What do you like best?

The breadth of specialist functionality that Oracle Siebel CRM software provides is simply awesome. It is rich in features in all the CRM functional areas ( also called Horizontal applications) such as Sales, Service, Marketing, Call Center, Field Service, Products & Pricing, eSales, eService and it has niche vertical Industry applications for say Auto Industry ( Siebel Automotive), Telecom Industry ( Siebel Communications & Media), High Tech Discreet Manufacturing ( Siebel HTDM) to name a few. No other CRM software has such rich features for such a large number of functional and Industry applications.

What do you dislike?

The super rich functionality has its negatives. Unless people know what to do with these features, they become very easily disoriented, confused and think of the applications as heavy and complex from usability perspective, If there is only one way to do a task everyone feels comfortable, if there are 5 ways and you are not an expert then it is easy to get lost or frustrated. Good user training and good implementation will go a long way in overcoming these challenges. A good implementer will make sure to just make available the most optimal one way to do a task for average users while experts can have access to all the rich functionality they can handle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cloud software i.e. Sales Force Dot Com must be evaluated when you are considering Oracle Siebel. If you have complex business rules to implement then Oracle Siebel is the answer, if you are looking to get CRM up and running fast without much initial investment in a pay as you go model, SFDC would be the right product to go for. It is easy to configure and administer but also lacks deeper, complex business functionality.

On many occasions I have seen the product saving millions of dollars in per year revenue or cost by simply automating everyday tasks, cutting down inefficiencies and reducing the cycle time for sales transactions, service transactions, order processing etc.

Siebel review by <span>Satish L.</span>
Satish L.

"Oracle Siebel CRM"

What do you like best?

I have used Siebel since 2002 and I am very old timer. Its very good enterprise application where you have tons of functionality and customizable based on client needs.I have deployed more than 20 applications so far and I can guarantee that there is no CRM product out there which is stable more than Siebel.

Best fit for different verticals and related business. So many different modules Siebel has that helps customers.

What do you dislike?

When Firefox browser era came out ( in 2004-2005) and IE user shares were declining that time Siebel should have learnt and made cross browser compatible application. Thats biggest mistake done by Siebel on not following the leads. Now we have Open UI but still its too buggy.

Licensing should have been simpler.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am seriously doubtful on this. Oracle Siebel entered in market with Cross browser compatibility too late and I can vouch on this point, as damage to product is already done. Wish they had invested more in R&D and look around what customers want. Again, this is based on my 12 years of experience with Siebel. I still love Siebel CRM and its one of the best CRM software to date. Hope Siebel will come back with big bang.

Customer Service, Marketing automation and Sales.

Siebel review by <span>Lyndsie L.</span>
Lyndsie L.

"siebel delivers great customer management"

What do you like best?

helps organizations achieve maximum top- and bottom-line growth and deliver great customer experiences across all channels, touchpoints, and devices

What do you dislike?

can be a little confusing to use but once you get it, your good to go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

like i said its a little hard to use but its a great product.i recommend all oracle products.

siebels Customer Order Management solutions simplify the complex and often frustrating process of tracking thousands of products across multiple catalogs and systems

Siebel review by Consultant in Government Administration
Consultant in Government Administration

"Great product"

What do you like best?

This is a great product with great potential for growth. I love the ease of use and the integration between the phone system. For instance if a call is authenticated, the order or sale will Instantly appear.

What do you dislike?

Not many issues with Siebel, however, when the sever slows does or stops responding it becomes very frustrating.

I used Oracle Siebel to many orders and sales for a company as well as to pass notes to other team members. I realized that this product does a great job with integration among teams, but when there are server downtimes, it can be frustrating.

Siebel review by <span>Terrance D.</span>
Terrance D.

"Review - SIEBEL"

What do you like best?

Easy & intuitive interface (both customer-facing and for business).

For the needs of a small to medium-sized business, this is a fantastic option for CRM solution

What do you dislike?

Often times, the platform can be quite resource intensive, especially on relatively older machines.

From the admin side, customizing its interface to suit business needs takes some work.

CRM, leads, use case management

Siebel review by <span>Diana M.</span>
Diana M.

"Good"

What do you like best?

Easy access, very simple to use.

I don't really have alot to day other than it is very simple to ide and it has easy access.

What do you dislike?

Works slow most of the time.

I have to contact IT service at least the time a week regarding software issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None.

Lab orders

Siebel review by <span>Jennifer K.</span>
Jennifer K.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

It was easy to access when i worked at meijer

What do you dislike?

It didnt work all the time or i wasnt able to update my infortaion like it says i could

It was used when i work at meijer for my information. It was beneficial for when i was away from work to look up my schedule and i formation

Siebel review by <span>Chad F.</span>
Chad F.

"Not user friendly - not compatible with other products."

What do you like best?

Querying the data. Able to save Pre-Defined Queries. Has very out of the box CRM functionality.

What do you dislike?

The UI, not user-friendly at all. Unable to run reports or queries through Service Requests to pull in Activity information. Not compatible with many soft phone applications. Very outdated software. Records save just by 'clicking-off' the cell. This creates a huge problem with accidental updates.

N/A

Siebel review by <span>Brynleigh B.</span>
Brynleigh B.

"My company mostly built from essential Oracle"

What do you like best?

I like how customized the system is to my organization’s jargon and focuses

What do you dislike?

I dislike how clunky and slow to process this system is

The problem of unreliable tracking systems and too much time spent collecting past data is intended to be solved. The main benefit I have realized is the ability to view clients’ activity

Siebel review by User

"Antiquated CRM with slow to release updates"

What do you like best?

Out of the box Siebel does offer a standard structure to it's CRM. Has all the objects you would expect for a CRM.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to make changes administratively and requires downtime to publish changes. Has not kept up with competition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch to Salesforce or Dynamics, or any other cloud based CRM that focusing on innovation.

Tried to replace an internal system with a third party system. The primary problem we ran into was trying to fit an internal system AS IS into a system designed to be CRM first.Custom integrations do not play well with other systems.

Siebel review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"If they care to better their software..."

What do you like best?

There is nothing I like about it, sorry.

What do you dislike?

It's more complicated than it has to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When your putting information in, and you need to go back and correct it, you've made this impossible. It's easier to just start completely over, and that's ridiculous.

I'm not solving anything, as a matter of fact, if it wasn't for the fact it's company policy, we are forced to use the crm, I wouldn't use it at all. I have used programs like top producer, and dot loop, and they are efficient, reliable, straight to the point, and visibly simple to use.

Siebel review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Nice tool but with limitations"

What do you like best?

I love the new quick search function which makes finding accounts extremely easy

What do you dislike?

I have issues with the ability of multiple people being able to change customer classifications because of the single account for organizations who use multiple products

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have all levels of users have it. My company only tested it with analytic teams and not the sales team.

Sales tracking; training tracking; order processing

Siebel review by <span>John S.</span>
John S.

"Siebel Review"

What do you like best?

A great sales CRM platform that has an easy workflow and is intuitive for agents.

What do you dislike?

There always seems to be issues with each deployment which makes me wonder how good the support from Oracle is.

We have various sales groups and about 70% of them are using Siebel as the one and only CRM platform.

Siebel review by <span>Kayla  H.</span>
Kayla H.

"Works Great"

What do you like best?

It is easy to navigate. I like that all the apps are in one place and once clicking through its easy to navigate and find what you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

Can be touchy when you just want to find something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not be as touchy with filters.

Helps me understand my commission

"Siebal of the past "

What do you like best?

Oracle Siebel CRM offers both on demand and on premise deployment options for users.The customer support of Oracle Siebel offers one-stop 24/7 coverage including software updates.The customer relationship management solution’s workflow engine is strong comparing to many other tools out there

What do you dislike?

Oracle Siebel’s user-interface doesn’t look much updated comparing to other similar CRM systems. It seems archaic.

Siebal enables businesses to maximize the growth of their top and bottom line and deliver exceptional experiences to their customers across all channels, touchpoints, and devices. I can manage so many accounts at one time !

Siebel review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Oracle Siebel for Marketing Automation"

What do you like best?

The ability to link marketing leads directly to revenue (orders)

What do you dislike?

Minimal capabilities for segmenting and nurturing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using more robust tools if marketing automation is your primary goal

We use Oracle Siebel for managing and executing marketing campaigns., The key benefits that we have realized are related to the analytics that we monitor.

Siebel review by <span>Ankit G.</span>
Ankit G.

"Nice powerful CRM "

What do you like best?

Robustness and versatility, customizability, User access management. Provides various ways to store and access data across an enterprise platform.

What do you dislike?

Documentation and examples could be more better with nice customer support.

mainly we are integrating, migrating data to and forth between various systems. Oracle sieble is one of them.

Siebel review by <span>Pinank K.</span>
Pinank K.

"Oracle Siebel OPEN UI "

What do you like best?

it is definitely a great direction that Oracle took after acquiring Siebel. the UI is now more pleasing to the eyes and browser independent. one can work miracles to the UI if they know css, jquery and html.

What do you dislike?

installation process . seems like they released the product in a hurry and each version has quite a few bugs that one has to live on with. cumulative patchsets and fix packs are helpful . the product needs to be more stable . the HI version still seems robust to me and for a lot of features one has to enable the browser compatibility modes. Oracle claims existing scripts should work as is but one still needs a careful review and testing to deploy the Open UI version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

read product documentation carefully for features and limitations , test thouroughly

browser independence and support for using html 5 browsers. OPen UI enabled this.

Siebel review by <span>Terry  S.</span>
Terry S.

"Amazing experince"

What do you like best?

I love everything. The easy to begin in a second and directons were step by step and easy to undertand.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all but the long wait on phone the wait was 10 mins to sometimes 25 mins.

Keep all my customers in line and organize

Siebel review by <span>Nisha S.</span>
Nisha S.

"Similar features but, not that great as Salesforce"

What do you like best?

Siebel has all the basic functionalities which the company needs to maintain the customer relationship management but, I would still vote for Salesforce

What do you dislike?

The overall look of the dashboard is very boring and looks like a traditional CRM

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Salesforce CRM

Manage lead and opportunities

Siebel review by <span>Cameron W.</span>
Cameron W.

"Siebel CRM"

What do you like best?

It is easy to learn how to use, and it is a great all around enterprise CRM solution

What do you dislike?

UI looks old and dated, customer service is unreliable, and the reporting capabilities are poor

Managing sales pipeline. It's easy for the sales team to move deals through the process.

Siebel review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Very Versatile"

What do you like best?

This system has a lot of functionality. The system is very easy to use and there are alot of features

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you cannot export reports into excel that easy.

Sometimes my system get hung up or if your not using the system after it idles you get kicked out.

Siebel review by <span>Pedro N.</span>
Pedro N.

"Very disappointing performance"

What do you like best?

It was a very very widely customisable platform.

What do you dislike?

Implementation that we had was slow enough to discourage most of the users from mostly all departments involved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Either find a different tool or, at least, a good implementation partner.

Integrating several process and improving teams collaboration and information exchange.

Siebel review by <span>Lori L.</span>
Lori L.

"Bulky CRM Tool"

What do you like best?

Siebel covers the basics for a CRM tool; it'll track interactions (phone calls, emails, chat logs, etc.) with clients and allow employees to log these.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to integrate with most BI tools and isn't very analytics-friendly.

I'm working within a strategy / technology role to try and improve business efficiencies and revenue. The Siebel tool has allowed us to better understand our high value clients as well as pinpoint main pain points.

Siebel review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"I’ve been using it for 8 years"

What do you like best?

I love how you can link your tasks to your email for task reminders

What do you dislike?

I hate how the quote tool is always acting up

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fix the quote tool

It allows me to e productive through the day and I contact all my customers through it

Siebel review by User in Computer Software

"Customer/Lead information right at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

The tab layout is very easy to use and there is some customization available which our company does use.

What do you dislike?

We do have integration with Eloqua but it doesn't always seem to work - this may not be a Siebel issue, but something on our end. Because I work with leads for current customers, a good amount of leads seem to get held from the system because perhaps the customer viewed a webinar the day before (which creates a lead). If the customer reaches out to us specifically looking to purchase something, it's frustrating when their request is delayed because that lead is held from the system (only one open lead at a time). I would really like to see where leads are aggregated so if they watch a webinar, then download and item, then call in for additional information, all of that activity is just listed and isn't held from the system until a previous lead is rejected or moves forward.

Trying to really see the lifecycle of leads and have a grasp of the pipeline through the sales funnel

Siebel review by <span>Paul B.</span>
Paul B.

"Like many Oracle products, there is so much potential that goes unrealized"

What do you like best?

It is designed as an enterprise level service, and that's how people should evaluate and look at this CRM. There will be various ways to store and access data across an enterprise platform, and that is where the power of this CRM shines. It's not perfect, but when properly implemented, it works very well.

What do you dislike?

No CRM is perfect, and you need to understand ahead of time what the limitations you are willing to tolerate. In some cases, there might be communication issues around some rogue code that your IT team developed to make something work. Make sure you consider this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your IT team has no hidden workarounds for some automated processes.

Having multiple databases that all need to talk to each other all the while understanding where the customer was in the process. If a potential customer gets the wrong message (because they were incorrectly labeled as being in the "wrong" part of the process), it makes them question your own product and service offerings. By being able to clearly designate these important markers in the process, it has nearly solved all messaging issues of customers.

Siebel review by <span>Jeremy M.</span>
Jeremy M.

"Used Siebel for 3 years"

What do you like best?

It was the first CRM I used so it helped stay organized with my prospecting and have good contacts.

What do you dislike?

Lack of speed. Seemed a bit dated, but could be GE's lack of using it to its fullest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at Microsoft before you look at Siebel.

Sales database to track pipeline.

Siebel review by <span>Saumyo M.</span>
Saumyo M.

"An amazing E2E CRM tool!"

What do you like best?

Robustness and versatility,

Vertical-specific modules (one size doesn't fit all),

Reasonably customize-able,

User access management (Responsibilities + Positions)

Assignment rules engine,

Marketing / Campaign Mgmt functionality,

Pricing and quoting functionality,

Asset Mgmt functionality,

Service Request Mgmt,

etc...

What do you dislike?

The old-school look and feel,

Usability,

License cost,

Maintenance cost - due to heavy code base,

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the most versatile and E2E CRM tool out there. Highly recommended, if: (i) you can bear the cost of maintenance, and (ii) you are not too picky about user friendliness.

Automating Leads to Opportunity conversion,

Automating Opportunity Mgmt,

Automated Service Request creation,

etc...

Siebel review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Lots of information is available but has difficult user interface"

What do you like best?

Ability to customize fields and views. There are a lot of available fields to use.

What do you dislike?

User interface is not intuitive and difficult to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it meets all your requirements with customization which affects system performance.

We use it for Opportunity management, pricing and orders.

Siebel review by <span>Oriana N.</span>
Oriana N.

"Outdated CRM"

What do you like best?

Usability is fairly intuitive. More senior employees seem to be fairly comfortable with the technology

What do you dislike?

The UI is in desperate need of update and the technology tends to feel old

Works as a minimal case management record keeper

Siebel review by <span>Marshall L.</span>
Marshall L.

"Use InvisbleCRM as front-end to Siebel CRM"

What do you like best?

I work within Outlook for access to my Accounts, Opportunities and Contacts. Also I can review my pipeline. Great that I can integrate appointments and event and even email all in one unified view.

What do you dislike?

For my usage, which is managing OEM and Partner activities I have no major dislikes. I would imagine if I had to use the front-end I would find it antiquated. When I used Siebel CRM in a formal role I did find the querying capability complex and had to anticipate field formats.to anticipate accurate queries so it was a trial and error process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Siebel CRM is for incumbents or those that want robust functionality and full customization. It is not for those wanting an entry level or solution that is in the cloud.

The basic sales and account management problem is tracking significant events, communications and progress in a sales opportunity in a productive and easy to use manner. The benefits have been mastering knowledge of my accounts and opportunities and moving them along effectively

Siebel review by User in Computer Software

"Found Siebel User Interface and Reporting to be Cumbersome"

What do you like best?

The list is short. After having used Sales force for three months, I can't think of anything I like in comparison.

What do you dislike?

Too Clunky to use, Reporting was difficult. We had no mobile capability

The biggest business problem we were trying to solve was user adoption. We never got there. I have seen an increase in user adoption since switching to SalesForce because of ease of use and mobile capability.

Siebel review by <span>Olivia B.</span>
Olivia B.

"Best business softwear"

What do you like best?

The softwear is easy to use and I can manage my customer profiles

What do you dislike?

I don’t necissarily dislike anything. I do wish I could use it on a mobile device device

Recommendations to others considering the product

ita a great tool for keeping staff on track with goals

Customer based relations

Siebel review by <span>Lee T.</span>
Lee T.

"Siebel CRM with Siebel CRM Desktop - The Best of Both Worlds!"

What do you like best?

Highly robust, best-of-breed industry CRM solution that can handle any front-office business requirements. Siebel CRM Desktop makes day-to-day data entry/management a breeze, significantly increasing productivity, user adoption and data quality. I like that my company is able to conduct forecast calls solely using CRM Desktop without having to log into Siebel CRM.

What do you dislike?

Requires significant resources to implement, maintain and configure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As always, make sure your business requirements warrant the investment. Industry-specific business process and integration requirements are a great fit for Siebel; however, Siebel requires a significant up front and long-term investment. Assuming Siebel is a fit, definitely leverage usability solutions like Siebel CRM Desktop, Open UI and Mobile.

Basic opportunity, account, contact, activity, forecasting/pipeline management. Benefits include increase in forecasting accuracy, account/contact history and the ability to easily forecast sales pipeline.

Siebel review by <span>Debra D.</span>
Debra D.

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and very robust. I can understand it easily and get my work done.

What do you dislike?

Not too much. Sometimes I have to search around to find what I need, but usually it is there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and very good support.

I am using it to get more work done, more quickly.

Siebel review by Consultant in Telecommunications
Consultant in Telecommunications

"Siebel for large scale orgnizations"

What do you like best?

Siebel is suitable for large scale complex organization as it has a comprehensive integrated functionality with great performance that suits customer service, marketing and sales.

It supports complex security guidelines.

It has complete development and deployment manager that can keep track of versions and manage the rollback if needed.

What do you dislike?

It is complex, expensive and has complex license schema

Keep and monitor customer service requests SLA with proper escalation technique.

Implement multi stage campaigns management with multi channel.

Enhance the base management with Siebel loyalty programs and tires.

Siebel review by <span>Diane P.</span>
Diane P.

"Siebel Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it can be integrated with other systems.

What do you dislike?

It is not a user friendly system. It also runs very slow because of the large amount of data that is stored.

It is a one stop shop database

Siebel review by <span>Tulika M.</span>
Tulika M.

"Robust"

What do you like best?

I have used Marketing Automation to Sales Automation. I have never used or experience the detailed structure of entities elsewhere. With Siebel 8.0, task based UI is just awesome.

What do you dislike?

Customization - coding. Being a functional consultant, the scripting part was most difficult to understand. But that makes the application more robust and customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the most Robust - All in one CRM Tool

Install Base / Asset management - Master Data Management. Many out of box functionality which has not explained or not reached out to customers.

Siebel review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Functionality is great "

What do you like best?

Performs quickly and provides the reporting data I need to function in my daily role. All data housed in our Clinical Trial Management System can be pulled from reports in the ORACLE system.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, but sometimes I have to refresh the page to get current results I had just updated 1 minute prior. For example, I update data in our Clinical Trial Management System, immediately run a report and the updated data is not there yet.

N/A

Siebel review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Not my favorite"

What do you like best?

I like how it operated as an all in one customer relationship portal.

What do you dislike?

I did not like it being so dynamic that it almost was overwhelming for the business it was being used in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you research the product to see if you really need a full backbone system like this or if you need more of an interface.

We used this to try to manager our customer relationships but unfortunately were not able to realize a benefit.

Siebel review by <span>Jacob M.</span>
Jacob M.

"Solid platform for sales organization"

What do you like best?

User friendly, easy to navigate and train people on but also contains detailed levels of customization

What do you dislike?

Can be slow during periods of heavy use (though that might be due to our servers)

Keeps track of clients and maximizes time efficiency

Siebel review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Awesome system abilities, could have easier user interface "

What do you like best?

How much information, abilities, targeting, and campaign capacity this system has.

What do you dislike?

Promotion and campaign setups sometime seem to have too many steps and testing could be much easier. Also could have reporting building tools to export data similar to salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure having strong IT support team to help code and build how you’d like for smoother UX.

Customer segmenting, promotion build outs, and email marketing campaigns. It’s gray to have I‎t all in one place for tracking and pick up.

Siebel review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Funcationaly, it works, but can be very glitchy still "

What do you like best?

I like that it has many key stroke short cuts.

What do you dislike?

The program can be very glitchy and specific (such as when searching for accounts or people).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the tips and tricks for this program to work in it efficiently, as it can be very slow at times. They do offer classes, which have been very helpful.

Love that it is one system that both sales and operations can use together. Turnover happens in the program which makes it easy to relay details.

Siebel review by <span>Rosie B.</span>
Rosie B.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and the simplicity of instructions.

What do you dislike?

I don’t prefer the limited ability to create new documents in other systems using sharing app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great

We use it to communicate basic information across different platforms

Siebel review by <span>Evan R.</span>
Evan R.

"Great Solution "

What do you like best?

I used Siebel as an internal CRM when working at Oracle. I enjoyed its ease of use.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like its lack of dashboards; this was made up for by Oracle BI though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BUY IT

I was making it easier to forecast my sales to management.

Siebel review by <span>Tess V.</span>
Tess V.

"Pulling Invoices, monthly Purchase Journals, & Active Tenant Reports"

What do you like best?

How quickly the reports are able to be submitted and returned

What do you dislike?

Re-entering all details individually each time I run a report, especially when running the same report over and over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attend a training

Providing invoices to send to clients in order to receive payment; updating the list of all active tenants at our centers; sending updated information to mall marketing and property managers

Siebel review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"An all-rounder feedback on Oracle Siebel CRM"

What do you like best?

•Great enterprise CRM solution

•Easy to train users on this technology

•Nice look and feel of the UI

What do you dislike?

•Improve Siebel Open UI Performance , look & Feel.

•Improve Siebel Support team on MyOracleSupport

•Need to release an effective MOBILE APP for tablets & smart phone as Siebel Remote module is very out dated for Field Service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

--Improve Siebel Open UI Performance , look & Feel.

--Improve Siebel Support team on MyOracleSupport

--Release an effective MOBILE APP for tablets & smart phone as Siebel Remote module is very out dated for Field Service.

--Designed & Implemented CRM Solutions for many companies in Pharma, Autimotive & Consumergoods.

Benefits: Siebel Tools Platform is very flexible to implement a solution for any industry / any vertical.

Siebel review by <span>Steve E.</span>
Steve E.

"Ol Siebel User"

What do you like best?

I really liked the oppty management feature within Siebel CRM. I used to compete against Siebel when I was at Clarify

What do you dislike?

our Siebel instance was a global deployment and very large file. The performance was the think I disliked most about Siebel CRM

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was able to realize forecast accurracy while using Siebel CRM. The forecasting component was very beneficial

"HATED IT!"

What do you like best?

i strongly disliked it. the workflow was not good and it was not intuitive at all.

What do you dislike?

the product is not intuitive at all. it was like driving an old beat up pinto, and not in a cool old car kind of way. experience with Siebel was terrible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation would be not use siebel, and to look into other CRMs. Thankfully, June 1, 2016 we went live with a different solution and it is wonderful. Siebel is terrible.

i saw no value in the product. Suppose to be more efficient, was not, I did not have a good experience.

Siebel review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Siebel"

What do you like best?

I like to use this software because I can add all my data into just one software program which is super convenient.

What do you dislike?

Some web browsers are tricky to use Siebel with. Also some functions aren't as intuitive as you might want them to be. There are just some better softwares out there that work better for everyone's needs.

Use this software for vendor management, with our clients and customers, putting in work orders, etc.

Siebel review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Connecting with clients"

What do you like best?

Being able to connect with the clients session instead of having to guess and tell them where to go.

What do you dislike?

The System slow to connect sometimes with the clients session.

We are able to increase productivity by reducing time spent on phone walking clients through their online session. With oraclet we are able to connect with the clients session and navigate with ease and speed.

Siebel review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"CRM Frankenstein"

What do you like best?

Very detailed interface. Good for some aspects of a business like contract admin or transaction management. Audit trail is a good feature and helpful when looking back on deals.

What do you dislike?

Too confusing and cumbersome. Not a sales pipeline tool in it's current state. Once you make edits to the platform updating becomes very difficult. Cannot use it outside of IE. If you need it be secure no way to have it on a mobile or tablet device.

CRM, customer care, data management, transaction management, contract admin. Some benefits to back office at the expense of the front office.

"Siebel "

What do you like best?

Honestly not a lot. System is clunky and constantly have to reload.

What do you dislike?

System is complicated to navigate and not very up to date. Good for large companies.

It allows me to organize all my notes for clients but it doesn't work well.

Siebel review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Oracle Siebel Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use as an administrator. We can create appointments and prioritize the order based on segmentation we've created outside of Siebel.

What do you dislike?

The interface is pretty poor and I wish they would create better features for the campaigns area of the product.

We would create promotional offers based off a data model, and load these offers into Siebel triggering an appointment within Siebel for the agent to reach out to the guest.

Siebel review by <span>Nancy M.</span>
Nancy M.

"Assistant manager "

What do you like best?

The oracle program is easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

If you are not use to the layout it takes a little getting use to

No problems so far but still getting to know the program

Siebel review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Worked with Siebel for around 1 year now"

What do you like best?

The multiple permutations and combinations that can be put to use

What do you dislike?

The system at times is too slow to fetch large data

Its being used to maintain the whole sales process organised right from the enquiry to the post sales feedback

Siebel review by <span>Teresa G.</span>
Teresa G.

"Good For what I need"

What do you like best?

Streamlined and easy. I am still in the learning phase so my thoughts are few.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of yet but it is still early. I will update. It all seems very streamlined and good for far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Too early to tell but the outcome is looking favorable

I have limited use

Learning about Oracle Siebel?

* We monitor all Oracle Siebel reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.