Oracle Siebel

3.2

Siebel delivers a combination of transactional, analytical, and engagement features to manage all customer-facing operations. Siebel CRM delivers comprehensive on premise and on demand CRM solutions that are tailored industry solutions.

Work for Oracle Siebel?

Learning about Siebel?

Oracle Siebel Reviews

Showing 247 Siebel reviews
Siebel review by Patrick T.
Patrick T.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Oracle Siebel
Siebel review by Paul S.
Paul S.

"I use Siebel all day, every day"

What do you like best?

The best part about Siebel is that it brings all of our data together into one piece of software. Nearly all of the work done by all departments in our company is done within this software. Our whole business is integrated and the software is highly customized to our needs.

What do you dislike?

One thing that could use improvement is the user experience within the software. Many functions are not as intuitive as you might expect and there are some quirks that takes new users a little extra time to learn than other software. I have a feeling this is due to the age of the software platform as it does also look less attractive as newer software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is powerful and can be heavily customized to your needs but if you don't need all of that power you might want to look into slimmer options.

This is our software for customer relationship management, vendor management, work order and quote management, asset management, contract management, etc... we use Siebel for everything we do.

What CRM solution do you use?

Siebel review by KC B.
KC B.

"User Interface Clunky; Modifications Nearly Impossible"

What do you like best?

Using Siebel as a CRM is nice in that it allows for a wide variety of information to be stored in one place. The search features also work well.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is how hard it is to edit an entry you've made in error, and how difficult it is to get rid of those entries. Our CRM is full of accounts and customers that are duplicates or created in error and it slows down the system to have so much junk in there needlessly. The search filters could also be much better, add more filter options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this might work better for a smaller company, or give more people admin privileges. Make sure to train employees on how to enter information and on what information cannot be easily deleted once entered.

I guess it's a few steps above just having a spread sheet or something for the entire office. I appreciate the structure it gives to the notes we take as well as the automatic date and time stamping. I also appreciate that it ties activities to users and includes information I'd need to contact those users to follow up.

Siebel review by Lee M.
Lee M.

"Siebel for every company use"

What do you like best?

Siebel brought all of our data together into one piece of software. Nearly all of the work done by all departments in our company was done within this software. Our whole business was integrated and the software is highly customized to our needs.

What do you dislike?

The control administrator of the software can cause problems with the version of the internet browser that is opened since it is not compatible with all, preferably it has to be opened with Internet Explorer since it does not have support for newer versions such as Edge and much less with Chrome the lack of a Plugin In that makes this tool compatible, makes it a lot heavier to handle in each of the computers of the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is of global use, it helps to take control of each of the clients with their purchase preferences, addresses, fiscal data or any order tracking that has been done.

The inventory controls, taken at the level of each SKU with its measure and individual price, as well as grouped in a special price list that is assigned to each of our customers depending on the volume of purchase made by each, these can be customized to get special discounts or wholesale

Siebel review by Greg D.
Greg D.

"Too customized to be useful?"

What do you like best?

Overall, Siebel does what it's supposed to do - keep track of prospects, contacts, opportunities and pipeline (through close or loss).

What do you dislike?

In my case, Siebel can be so customized that it is a giant pain in the ass to actually use. As a sales person, there are only a handful fields I want to see and use......but the version (custom implementation at my former company) I was forced to use made me dread the weekly updates I had to do. So I'd want it to be much easier to create a view that only matters to me (and other sales people) and leave out all the other stuff the rest of the company might care about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not over complicate implementations. Give every type of user their own view and leave out the stuff that doesn't matter to them.

It seems like our CFO and CEO could get what they wanted out of it.....so that's a benefit. But for those of us that have to input and manage data, I found it too user unfriendly to be truly useful.

Siebel review by Emma H.
Emma H.

"Use this every day for work"

What do you like best?

Siebel populates profile info and feeds it over to other systems to make it easier to complete my work. It has tabs to view various profile information on one system. It's pretty easy to use and makes work easier. It has the option to search by various methods (policy number, name, SSN, etc.). It's easier to find info on a client if they are in the system. There is also a built in calendar and has the ability to track opportunities and requests.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Siebel is slow, crashes, or does not have updated information. Sometimes info does not sync to other systems that I use. This can be frustrating since it makes it harder to complete my work. Sometimes I have to log in manually instead which can take some time. The IT support is pretty good and usually resolves issues fairly quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oracle Siebel is a great system. It's user-friendly and provides a lot of helpful info. It sometimes crashes or does not sync with other systems though.

I use Siebel to talk to clients (agents, customers, brokers, etc.).. It makes it easier to access their personal info if updated correctly (name, SSN, address, phone number, activity). It also allows me to view certifications, call logs, and requests. It also makes is easier to log opportunities to grow our business. It is one of the systems I use every day for work and it makes work more efficient.

Siebel review by Michael W.
Michael W.

"Highly useful software although lacking speed and user performance"

What do you like best?

The functionality of the software was excellent in terms of a customer CRM tool. Information was well organized and the software served it's purpose for the sales and planning teams.

What do you dislike?

The application speed in comparison to it's largest competitor was noticeably slower when working inside the database and planning promotional activity. Our IT team was constantly attempting to reduce the amount of wait time but it seemed to always be an uphill battle and never easily resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Siebel is very versatile and can be customized to your companies every need. With each additional customization though, ensure your company has enough resources and bandwidth to ensure the software can be used smoothly without long waiting periods. I found that the software was easy to use and an easy transition from working in competing CRM applications.

Oracle Siebel simplified the planning process for sales teams to both capture promotional sales activity as well as product demand for varying teams across the country. The great thing about this software was excellent translation software which was able to take all of the inputted data and chart it easily to various applications for review and planning.

Siebel review by Missy B.
Missy B.

"Siebel is still the best CRM"

What do you like best?

Siebel is a powerhouse of processing power. It has been able to grow with our business over the last 14 years, requiring very little configuration to handle the complex relationships our business has. Automation and the streamlining of work has been critical in allowing our users to handle increasingly demanding volumes of workload.

What do you dislike?

Most of what I'd say Oracle is actively working on. The complexity of upgrading has been a challenge over the years and I look forward to the gains in this area coming with IP17 and IP18.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For businesses like ours that have complex relationships between their customer entities Siebel is the most capable at meeting those needs out of the box. It's flexibility and powerhouse of processing make it a perfect backbone to use alone, or to source a cloud application from.

Business Process Automation and complex relationship management. We've saved thousands of hours of processing time over the years with Siebel's ability to automate record creation and process workflow.

Siebel review by Susannah F.
Susannah F.

"Good for those who can view a lot at once"

What do you like best?

lots of different view options so you can see many things at once. it was my first CRM to learn how to use and I figured out the basics. there were a lot of tabes so you could see what you were looking at from various angles. It was a good first CRM to learn since it was straightforward and easy to go step by step learning how to pull information and how to export to excel.

What do you dislike?

too many things to look at at the same time. use if necessary but there are probably better options out there. There might be upgrades since I last used it. IT can be tough to navigate. You need to be a decent multitasked to use it well. It often froze too. sometimes it was hard to access the information I was looking for quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use if necessary but there are probably better options out there. There might be upgrades since I last used it. IT can be tough to navigate... Lots of different viewing options. There might be more features in other products

CRM and pulling reports and data. use if necessary but there are probably better options out there. There might be upgrades since I last used it. IT can be tough to navigate. I used it for seeing what legal terms the customer had with us previously. I used it for addresses and phone numbers and email addresses so lots of contact information.

Siebel review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Siebel Review"

What do you like best?

I like that my appointments are can be prioritized. Right now we are able to load a list of email or web engaged leads and prioritize them in my appointments in order to give them a second touch after their engagement.

What do you dislike?

The interface needs a serious face-lift. It's hard to visually organize items in the leads and appointments view. Maybe we just don't use it, but I wish I didn't have to link to another applications to see their spend history.

Sales tool I use for managing my past clients and prospects in order to organize my sales efforts.

Siebel review by Kaneisha W.
Kaneisha W.

"Oracle S Review "

What do you like best?

The software in it self is an overall great software in any sales environment. I’ve seen major improvements with the system over the past year and I know it will only continue to get better!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I would dislike about Oracle is when there’s updates it sometimes causes the software to run slow and was randomly freezing because of the updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great use in any sales environment, software has recently improved within the past 12 months and as a user I highly recommend.

Processing consisting of Point of Sale for checkout purposes, Online Ordering for .com orders and application processing. The major benefit would be how fast the software runs now since there has been some system updates.

Siebel review by Zachary M.
Zachary M.

"I use Oracle Siebel everyday in the workplace and have yet to have my opinion changed."

What do you like best?

Again, its the simplicity of the system. It is set up in fashion that requires minimal training of any kind. Items and headings are placed where they are readily accessible to the user with little to no hassle.

What do you dislike?

Dislikes, I am striving to think of anything that I dislike with the program. At the time I can think of no dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there are any questions with the program reach out to the support staff. This group will assist you and have you on your way in a matter of seconds.

The biggest problem solver that Oracle Siebel is helping solve is paper-trail. With the use of this product everything is right there filed away that I can find it with ease at the touch of a button in a matter of seconds.

Siebel review by Ashlee S.
Ashlee S.

"Siebel Review"

What do you like best?

Once you set up your personal format/info, results are easy to read. The option to have results emailed to you weekly is very helpful!

What do you dislike?

Manually setting up your 'view' is time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love the feature that allows you to have weekly selling results pulled automatically (I had mine pulled each Monday morning) then emailed to you and your team. Setting up the view is time consuming, but worth the effort in the end (you don't have to manually re-pull selling each week!). Each Monday morning I would open my email to see the Sales results from the previous week.

**Also could set up multiple views at one time -- at month end, I would have monthly selling recaps prepared and distributed.

Weekly selling recaps, automatically run/distributed.

Siebel review by User

"Review on Oracle Siebel"

What do you like best?

Only Oracle can deliver complete, end-to-end customer lifecycle solutions. Siebel CRM delivers transactional, analytical, and engagement features to manage all customer-facing operations. With solutions tailored to more than 20 industries, Siebel CRM delivers comprehensive on-premise and on-demand CRM solutions that are tailored to industry requirements and offer role-based customer intelligence and prebuilt integrations.

What do you dislike?

Siebel review by Rishan M.
Rishan M.

"Very customer friendly and best database to store customer information"

What do you like best?

It is automatically connected to your customer's telephone and helps us analyzing the profile when we talk to them

What do you dislike?

It has server issues and also slowness. It even slows down your entire system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce is now implementing Siebel inside their software. I think salesforce is the next big thing and companies are migrating to Salesforce from Siebel.

We are using profile in Siebel for marketing and sales purpose. It also helps us understand our customers more through their job description and product usage.

Siebel review by Laura L.
Laura L.

"Oracle"

What do you like best?

Is a great platform in conjunction with our consolidated debt collection system. It improves the inputting of the case activity events and saves time, rather than writing.

What do you dislike?

When Oracle is down or does not integrate correctly with an update it will hinder our time taken to complete events for case work as well as other things.

Seems to work a lot better than the Java platform.

Siebel review by User in Internet

"Best Technology Upgrade My Company has Made"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Oracle Siebel is that it is so easy to customize the platform to the specific needs of your business. We are able to track customer issues FAR better than we were with our previous CRM platform, which helps us to leverage information regarding how we can better communicate with our customers to provide information the first time and prevent the need for customer contacts, as well as seeing trends from specific individuals or groups of customers, whether those trends be positive or negative for our business.

What do you dislike?

My number one complaint, and one you would hear from almost everyone at my company, is that Oracle Siebel is sometimes slow and/or crashes for no reason. This can be frustrating because it interrupts workflow and makes it more difficult to perform my job. Even worse, it can often create a negative experience for our customers because we are unable to locate necessary information to assist them in a timely manner. We also sometimes see data lags in Siebel, but to be fair, I am unsure if this is a Siebel issue or something caused by our servers so I won't fully fault Siebel for that issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oracle Siebel has fantastic functionality and is so easily customized to your specific business needs. They have fantastic support, so if there is a capability you require that you don't know how to customize or if you are having issues with the platform, do not hesitate to reach out to them as they have never let me down when I have needed support.

We moved to Oracle Siebel from a platform that had been created in-house and used since the founding of our company. It has made a world of difference in our business practices. Since our initial launch of Oracle Siebel, we have updated the platform numerous times, adding new features to streamline our workflow. Our employees are now able to perform daily tasks using queries pre-built into the Siebel interface, saving significant time from our previous functionality. We have gotten to the point where we have built back all former capabilities from our previous CRM platform and gone one step further to even IMPROVE upon all of those functionalities.

Siebel review by User in Computer Software

"Siebel by requirement "

What do you like best?

Its a place to store all my leads. I cant really think of what else to say.

What do you dislike?

Almost everything. My company used siebel as our CRM and its a challenge on a daily basis. I get kicked off, things dont save if i click anything out of order, its dated, the UI/UX is garbage and more. We have an entire team who are tasked with optimizing Siebel and it never gets better. Theres so many tabs and buttons and actions that are literally never used and it barely integrates with anything. Siebel is the bane of my existence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the extra $ and get salesforce.

I am able to input and track my leads...

Siebel review by Alexa K.
Alexa K.

"Sorting and Filtering"

What do you like best?

The program isn’t fairly easy to learn and use.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately this program is so difficult to search and sort or filter. I typically have to export the data to excel to be able to sort/filter to find what I’m looking for. I then have to go back to CTMS to do what I intended. It makes what should be simple a much more involved task.

This has allowed for closer monitoring of key regulatory documents and site training reconciliation.

Siebel review by User in Internet

"Not the most user friendly, but so robust and leverages so much information"

What do you like best?

After the initial learning hump, Siebel can literally do anything your entire sales team needs. It houses so much information and is so powerful. I used the tool for over 2 years and I was still learning new ways to leverage information in the platform.

What do you dislike?

It is not user friendly and learning the tool is not easy. Also, as stated before, there is so much information buried, sometimes in random places, that it is difficult to use the tool to its full potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time digging in. Find those hidden places. There is always more valuable information hidden in different pages and places.

I used this tool as a sales professional and then sales manager. It is very customizable that you can shape it around your industry and needs.

Siebel review by User in Computer Software

"A clunky, but usable experience"

What do you like best?

A lot of the live editing was nice. Being able to manipulate the forms directly as I saw them instead of having to go through a field of menus is definitely a plus to the user experience.

However, a lot of the systems looked nebulous and redundant. There were fields that were just wholesale not used. Now, I'm willing to put some of that on the organization but it's clear there was no real coaching of software use going on. I'm also not sure that new features were ever implemented in my time using the software.

What do you dislike?

The interface very often had a lag associated with it. Saving entries was also a bit esoteric. In the reports drawn up, it was very often questioned if our inputs were actually counted and considered in the reporting functions. So, if using be sure to audit the system with a little frequency.

It was a an adequate way to track customer issues and to also organize centralized notes on a client. A lot of the "at a glance" information was very useful for accounts.

Siebel review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Former Superuser Who Thinks It Can Do Better"

What do you like best?

You are able to customize it to your specific organization's needs. It was great how we could use the data for reports in SAP BusinessObjejcts.

What do you dislike?

A lot of my time spent in Siebel was fixing bugs/errors. Part of this was do to the rigidness of the CRM, the overall design, and the fact that it wasn't very intuitive. When I was part of the organization that was using Siebel, we were undergoing a lot of change from our sales offerings to hierarchy shifts. It was very costly/time consuming to reflect these changes in Siebel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are part of a dynamic organization I would consider Siebel's capacity to pivot and meet your changing needs. I strongly suggest using it with a business intelligence platform

Good pipeline/revenue management. Siebel had a wealth of data that was great to work with once you exported it to Excel.

Siebel review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Oracel Siebel Sales Tracking"

What do you like best?

Using this in my sales role, I was able to keep track of customers that I spoke with (name, date) and add notes. I was able to add notes on likes/dislikes of the product they were using (what we sold) and the wishes of the customer. I was able to set reminders and easily track when to follow up with them again. If they called or sent an email to me, I was able to pull it up and remember exactly what was discussed before.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it took a while to load or wasn't able to load certain sections. When on a call with someone, it was important to get the information as soon as possible, so any lag time could cause a missed opportunity or discussing the same topics over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep as many detailed notes inside of the system as you can. Take a learning seminar to understand all the abilities of the application. It greatly enhanced my job.

Keeping important information easily accessible for discussions with customers. The ability to have a profile setup for each customer and keeping notes added to our discussions. Also, with manager access, they would be able to assist in calls if brought on and made reviews easier.

Siebel review by Manish K.
Manish K.

"CRM Technology "

What do you like best?

Oracle technology helps me out to provide right information to customer on CRM technology.

Its very accurate and suitable to use and provide resolution to customers with sieblel technology.

What do you dislike?

The only thing with i did not like for this tool is every time after 2 hours interval, i have to re-login again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend this software to others, but make sure your system not get slow.

This tool gives us all details about customer's billing, accountability and uses at one go. It help us to provide right resolution to customer.

Siebel review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Oracle Siebel - not a salesperson's best friend"

What do you like best?

I liked that my company is getting rid of this difficult to use software and switching to an easier to use software for us to employ.

What do you dislike?

Everything, this software to interact well with our CRM, so it required multiple input of information, and when we had an upgrade of the system, it often crashed or deleted previously input information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make interacting with other CRM software more compatible.

We used Siebel to generate contract and billing for our services, no benefits have been realized that I have noted because it has caused multiple headaches as input of company names/addresses etc did not translate from our CRM to Siebel.

Siebel review by Haley K.
Haley K.

"Project Associate Review of Oracle"

What do you like best?

The reports are relatively simple to set up and run on an as needed basis.

What do you dislike?

There is a lag in some of the larger reports. It can take over 30 minutes to run, or they don't run correctly at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product works well enough with no major issues.

I use this on a daily basis to keep track of all on going activities.

Siebel review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Oracle Siebel is a very versatile application that covers a wide range of CRM functionality"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to quickly query out sales opportunities of individual customers and also keep track of other information such as different employees names in the sales team, their sales activities logged and key customer contacts.

What do you dislike?

I find that it is a big hassle to query multiple customer information at once. If I want to query and export data of all customers that are tagged under a particular sales initiative, Oracle Siebel would often take a long time to populate the query results and even longer is the time to export results of the query.

I use Oracle Siebel CRM to keep track of all sales opportunities and activities entered by our field sales team at an organisational level. Our team is often tasked to keep track of performance of different sales initiatives such as maintaining customer lists, updating latest activities, total sales opportunities revenue etc. The benefits of having such an effective CRM tool is increased sales through focused effort on top performing sales initiatives.

Siebel review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Been almost a year and still not live"

What do you like best?

I haven't really found anything that I like yet.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything about this company, its products and employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please do your due diligence and interview several companies before making a decision. We have found that there was a lot of "Bait and Switch" with this company and would change if we could.

We have been trying to upgrade our computer system from QB Enterprise Wholesale to Oracle's NetSuite, but it's been nothing but a headache. Things they told us would work for us (ie, being able to get full item descriptions with bin numbers on our handheld scanners, having a sandbox to play with so employees are used to the system) don't work and/or are suddenly not included and they say things like "Well, not of our other companies have needed that". They are very frustrating to work with.

Siebel review by Neha C.
Neha C.

"Nice customer relationship management tool but needs to be upgraded"

What do you like best?

An easy to use CRM tool with features like customer loyalty management, good visualization features if not the best. The interface is decent and it integrates well.

What do you dislike?

It is certainly not the best tool if someone is looking for deep predictive analytics and creative dashboard design. OBIEE is an upgraded Siebel version but that too has limited reporting capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

New features must be added. Incorporate predictive analytics and machine learning capabilities.

I worked as a SIEBEL/OBIEE administratot and provided services to clients across diverse industries with this product.

Siebel review by John L.
John L.

"Siebel for Correspondence"

What do you like best?

It puts all the information we need in once place and can be tracking across various divisions.

What do you dislike?

When a user changes PCs, IT must be contacted to download the Oracle Enterprise Manager Plug-in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We find that we are outgrowing Siebel. With 40 million service requests, Siebel is very slow. Siebel is very likely a great solution if you have lower volume than we do.

40 million people reached out to us and we use Siebel to track those service requests. Siebel also allows taxpayers to check the status of their request via the web.

Siebel review by User in Financial Services

"Siebel is Great"

What do you like best?

Siebel provides easy navigation for myself to find and review customer information

What do you dislike?

Siebel always has updates that make the system run slower. Also, the tabs are hard to organize if you are not familiar wiht the system. It can throw off your organization if you don't know how to move the tabs proeprly .

Our company is sadly moving away from Siebel and it wil be missed. I like being able to view all accounts on one page, and most importantly, the ease of doing business. Siebel is easy to navigate and use.

Siebel review by User in Internet

"Implementation on a large scale was a real problem"

What do you like best?

It consolidated a lot of processes that formerly required a variety of different custom softwares and plenty of emails to be sent to different people. The information is visible at once and the CRM process becomes consolidated (in theory) in one SaaS-type interface.

What do you dislike?

The implementation of this was challenging to begin with, but once it's there, it should work. What we got was maybe an alpha-version at best, with the users who depend on it to make a living being the beta-testers. Where to start with the problems? Some key points:

- Extreme lag in the SaaS-interfact. You click, it freezes for 0.5 seconds, then the button reacts. This is not for major commands but for every single tab or ok button inside of a tab.

- Extremely unintuitive and confusing. This only applies to our custom product for the company... granted, it's a complex process... but then why let the user see the 150 options all at once instead of guiding them through it? There is a very specific order in which products have to be added, configured and priced out for contract generation, and that order is so cryptic and unintuitive that we all received step-by-step manuals - which became impossible to follow or even get back to once you accidentally skipped a step. Our firm had two "champions" who taught others how to input orders in the CRM, and they were assisting people for hours every day, months after the CRM was implemented. I have never experienced such unintuitive order input with any of the CRMs and softwares I have used in my professional life.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you feel like you want to relieve SaaS solutions the way they looked in the year 2003, then go for Siebel. It will make you feel nostalgic with its antiquated looks, input lag, and unintuitive interface.

That being said, more modern CRMs such as Hubspot are also anything but perfect (frequent interface changes, not much customization), so you will carefully have to evaluate what is really the best for your company's individual needs, as mundane as that sounds. As much as I was annoyed by Siebel, I also don't think Hubspot or SugarCRM could have done the job of consolidating dozens of legacy systems into one custom CRM. I am not saying Siebel is great (it's not), but it may be the only suitable solution on the market for some complex or large-scale CRM needs at the moment.

- It consolidated a large amount of legacy softwares into one process, despite all the problems

Siebel review by Consultant in Chemicals
Consultant in Chemicals

"My work's lifeblood is safely resting on this software"

What do you like best?

My company has a completely customised version and uses this to link up to many features that we've developed for our customers. It's seamless to go from call management/ call details into quoting prices, or creating an overview of a finished job.

What do you dislike?

The mobile version is restricted, clunky, and watered down. But there are so many variables to consider that it might not really be Oracle to blame here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used quite a few different CRMs. This has to be one of the best.

Building customer relationships, following up with record management, quoting prices, creating events, keeping track of who I've called and who I haven't yet, accountability, a calender that works! This list can go on and on, but these are the major players.

Siebel review by Tareq A.
Tareq A.

"account executive "

What do you like best?

the only thing I like but it has taken time to get use to is that it saves your work automatically

What do you dislike?

Almost everything else. It is a very basic system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everything

We adopted this software to replace salesforce. Which was a mistake

Siebel review by Ghezzal K.
Ghezzal K.

"Better than Spreadsheets obviously."

What do you like best?

Siebel is very user friendly and has made the job of training new employees to use it easier.It makes it easy to find information and effectively manage our customer data.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am signed out after a two hour period and have to re-login to Siebel.

We use Siebel for effective targeting during sales campaigns and also use it to manage tasks like billing and general accounting of our daily sale activity.

Siebel review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Easy to use CRM"

What do you like best?

From an auditing standpoint, it is easy to navigate and determine whether any information is missing and come to conclusions faster. My team uses it mostly as read-only to audit any potential issues in revenue leakage so we utilize it to verify any issues found, making sure the order is complete and has all of the necessary criteria required.

What do you dislike?

When drilling down in to opportunities, it can be hard to associate which criteria aligns with which record. More consolidation would be nice. When auditing, we need to make decisions fast, and having everything fit within one screen without having to scroll would make a big impact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It appears to be a great product that is flexible with various applications. Although my use is limited in the implementation phase it has been easy to use to quickly train new resources on, which makes a huge impact in the long run.

Revenue leakage through missed opportunities not flowing properly to billing. My team works on auditing these issues through the backend but often times needs to confirm in the front-end applications for verification.

Siebel review by Artee H.
Artee H.

"Great"

What do you like best?

I like the feature of defining my own queries and be able to cut the data in various ways.

What do you dislike?

Not much really, I wish for a drag and drop interface and a light version for mobiles/tabs integrated with next set of upgrades. this will allow the end users to use it more often and better and be able to ask more of the product and thus get better features developed win-win.

The only other thing would be to have the ability to put more queries with drag and drop instead of writing SQLs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to end users and some occasional users as well. The regular user knows it all so are better with the product but an occasional user helps you make the product lovable from the start.

I track sales daily on this..

Siebel review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Oracle Siebel"

What do you like best?

The User interface can be easily modified and with Open UI customisation is very simple for a Developer. The current Out of the Box Siebel application contains Customer, Contact, Case, Payment modules which are used with minimal customization

What do you dislike?

Currently the Siebel server cannot be hosted on Cloud which is a huge drawback considering we have SalesForce and Oracle Cloud service competing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The out of the box Siebel application for Public Sector is very generic and minimal customisation is required to adhere to Customer requirements

Currently we are modernising US state motor carrier applications and we are able to streamline the process for the State by ensuring all their business is under one umbrella. Screenshot of being a current user of Siebel cannot be provided due to confidentiality agreement with the Client.

Siebel review by Maura D.
Maura D.

"We use oracle at work for getting in touch with patients profiles outside of work if needed"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to access profiles and how similar it is to when you are at work.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it continually freezes my computer when I use it causing me to restart it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good for when you want to work outside of the office rather than having to come in to determine what the best plan of care is for your patient.

We aren't exactly solving problems, we are just learning more about our patients and using it as a resource to provide better care when we are not directly in front of them.

Siebel review by Kat F.
Kat F.

"Still Top in CRM, and cost effective"

What do you like best?

Scales to huge numbers with almost zero implementation issues

Quick and efficient, with extensive features for parsing data and reporting

What do you dislike?

The interface is slightly out of date, which is unsurprising considering the parent company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure if small businesses should go near it

Once it is set up and appropriately customized (which is expensive and time consuming) and once users have been appropriately trained (also expensive) It takes care of CRM needs completely, requiring very little day to day management.

Siebel review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Not for sales people"

What do you like best?

That it helps generate invoices from the system, where some CRM software does not

What do you dislike?

Not mobile, you can to be logged into a VPN to access. It's very clunky and multiple clicks needed to get around. Often times opportunities and agreements that are linked, actually do not link together so you have to manually adjust the stages for both. There is no way to really pull pipeline information or create a custom report for pipeline forecasting

At this point, none. Our organization is switching to Salesforce for that reason

Siebel review by Diane P.
Diane P.

"Siebel Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it can be integrated with other systems.

What do you dislike?

It is not a user friendly system. It also runs very slow because of the large amount of data that is stored.

It is a one stop shop database

Siebel review by User in Financial Services

"Continuous Improvement."

What do you like best?

I like the solidness of Siebel. It provides the necessary GUI to a hard to understand background application. This program tends to serve its purpose perfectly with very few hiccups or faults. It gives the employees the simple necessity of information needed for their roles.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the complicated technical changes needed when implementing something new. I wish it would be a bit more simple to make customization or changes based on the person used the program at any given time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel like most people could benefit from a very in depth tutorial of this program before use.

Feeding harder to understand application info and business info to an easy to read program for our employees.

Siebel review by User

"Pretty simple "

What do you like best?

I have used oracle for two systems in my office. I do like that the system is pretty straight forward and relatively simple to use.

What do you dislike?

I don’t Ike that you are unable to open multiple windows of the same screen at once, the system has recently been down/crashes a lot more than usual.

With Oracle we are able to schedule our events, hold important client and staff information, and even link our staff time cards to the system

Siebel review by Dan W.
Dan W.

"It is hard to think up a less intuitive and cumbersome product"

What do you like best?

It can be useful to aggregate consultant data in the field.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a disaster. It crashes with quite a lot of frequency. It is not easy to import my own data into the program. I have to do so in a rote fashion.

Logging our customer interactions and opportunities

Siebel review by User in International Trade and Development
User in International Trade and Development

"Oracle Siebel: The Functional CRM"

What do you like best?

Great functionalities. I like the fact that I am able to create new prospect lists, generate and track leads. I also work with the CRM from home, which is amazing.

What do you dislike?

The cloud bugs. Sometimes it’s hard to get things going when there are connectivity issues in the cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Oracle Sales Cloud is a great tool for your sales team.

Generating and tracking leads. Building a database of prospects. Oracle Siebel gives you great visibility on your overall sales cycle.

Siebel review by User in Research
User in Research

"So Much Data, So Little Time"

What do you like best?

The tool is very customizable for whatever needs your salesforce has. I personally use it to send customers samples of my products, and that is helpful. There's also the ability to export contact info to Excel, which is good.

What do you dislike?

It is by far the slowest CRM software that I have ever used. The site 'times-out' all of the time. It's so hard to de-duplicate contacts. It's customizable as far as your needs, but views are not customizable. To get to "my opportunities" I have to click twice, drop down, click again, and then sort. Very time-consuming.

Trying to track the stage of an opportunity.

Siebel review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"Siebel Rocks"

What do you like best?

Siebel provided many options for small, medium and large businesses. They also provide sales, marketing and customer support modules

What do you dislike?

Implementations could be a nightmare, especially the larger the organization and the more the specialization you wanted. Implementation could be 2-3 times the cost of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just remember the cost of implementation can be 2-3 times the cost of the actual software

Siebel was great for sales! You could send emails, track them, see your pipeline, do your forecasting, track your activities all from a very easy to use interface. Just loved it

Siebel review by Administrator in Consumer Electronics
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"Archaic"

What do you like best?

nothing - using an old version. What I do like is the reporting capabilities, which are fairly straightforward.

What do you dislike?

Old version, customized, not state-of-the-art, no automation. The version we are using does not have any cloud capabilities and we are reliant on an IT staff to administer and maintain the platformLooking forward to new tools in 2018

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't speak to the latest versions, which I hope keep up with the industry standards on cloud bvased solutions

it does the job, but with much manual override. We are able to manage our email campaigns but post-email tasks such as reporting are not intuitive and somewhat difficult - moreso than smaller packages

Siebel review by Harshendra A.
Harshendra A.

"Using it from past 3 years"

What do you like best?

One of the best crm i have worked on.Complete information available at on stop.Almost no waiting time the moment you click information is available.

What do you dislike?

A proper training is required. We used to process orders for customers and it was sometime tough to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool with lot of flexibility . You can customize it as per your need and executing speed is commendable .

Crm. Dell order management .

Learning about Oracle Siebel?

* We monitor all Oracle Siebel reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.