Oracle Taleo

Oracle Taleo is recruitment management software that provides you with the talent intelligence you need.

Work for Oracle Taleo?

Learning about Oracle Taleo?

Oracle Taleo Reviews

Ask Oracle Taleo a Question
Showing 242 Oracle Taleo reviews
Oracle Taleo review by Lisa T.
Lisa T.

"It's done what we needed it to do"

What do you like best?

Taleo keeps track of all of our past and present job applicants, job openings, job descriptions and the dates that they all transpired. Good organization. Even if we receive job applications from the sources, we route all applicants through Taleo as well.

What do you dislike?

Not a fan of the social sharing portion. There's not an ideal preview image with the sharing. We end up sharing manually on social media so we can showcase the job openings in the best light possible. It would be nice if Taleo incorporated some of the features that sites like Facebook jobs have, especially some nice photo options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for organizing. All hiring information in one place.

Good organization for job applicants. Open for over a decade and having several locations, it's easy to forget who was interviewed, not interviewed and why. We have a resource to refer back to even years later. It's especially helpful for when we have people re-apply months or years later.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Oracle Taleo
Oracle Taleo review by Hilary M.
Hilary M.

"This is a very robust ATS with so much capability"

What do you like best?

I love the OBI Reporting tool and all of the reporting functionality we have access to.

What do you dislike?

A majority of the user/configuration guides and help docs (Recruiting/OBI Reporting/Career Section/etc.) are extremely high level and are very hard to understand for a high level user that's the Systems Administrator. It feels like I'll never fully understand the entire system at all of its levels because that sort of knowledge requires further training and additional costs that not all companies will approve and pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research everything they have to offer and request demos so you can see all of the different features they have to offer in Taleo and how those features could benefit your company before writing anything off.

We utilize so much with the reporting tool to track every step of the process once our applicants submit their application. We can finally track everything from the candidate's workflow history to the Recruiter who hired that candidate or the Hiring Manager they interviewed with, etc.

We have a large applicant flow, job flow, a large amount of users, and a high volume of applicants to name a few, so we really need a system like Taleo that can keep up with us and fully support our needs, our processes and our growth.

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

Oracle Taleo review by Eduardo G.
Eduardo G.

"Fast and effective management of the profile of candidates and contact professionals from anywhere"

What do you like best?

It works as an integrated platform to manage the curriculums to capture information within a candidate bank and perform automated searches in any country through social networks, which makes logistics shorter, recruiting personnel from areas such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter is part of Oracle's proposal. Also this tool applies Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) concepts to talent management, to achieve the execution of the corporate strategy, this option allows you to know its performance and know if it is in line with the organization's strategy, very useful

What do you dislike?

It is necessary to prevent that it is a tool a little expensive, also that at the beginning it is very difficult to use and some time must be devoted to learn to use it well in order to take advantage of all its potentiality. It is divided into 10 modules oriented to align (have people focused on what is important), optimize (find talented people and make it successful) and accelerate (manage the business in the best way) goals, performance, workforce planning, recruitment, onboarding , compensation, learning, succession, JAM, and labor force analytics integrate the modules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should open yourself to the possibility of verifying the analysis and crossings of information to foresee the rotation of personnel and to define talent and succession plans together with this tool.

Whether to recruit personnel or to promote corporate strategy, the use of technological options allows to automate the processes of the human resources department.

Oracle Taleo review by Jorge A.
Jorge A.

"Good for many things except user experience"

What do you like best?

I like the reporting piece of the program. It accurately gives us the information needed when asked about number of roles open or candidates in process by other parts of the company. I also like that you can view resumes as an HTML without actually downloading them. This being said, the formatting could really use some work.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the interface. It's not extremely user friendly and takes too long to get anything done. In order to get an offer out to a candidate, it takes at like 14 clicks in the system. In other ATS' that I have used in the past, including greenhouse, things never took this long and were always much more straight forward. It is also tough to see candidates in process for other roles. Almost daily, we run into issues where we're speaking to a candidate and they mention they're already in process with us for another role. Lastly, I dislike how you need to add all passive candidates which triggers an email to them to create a login. This not only disrupts our system, but it also may scare off the candidate if they were barely interested in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your team sets up Taleo as best as possible. When first launching with the company, they take the time to set it up to your team's best liking. Make sure you spend the time to do this, otherwise it'll be useless.

Being a part of the recruiting team, I am helping to build out the business with the best talent possible. Using taleo, I have realized that the applicant facing side is decent. We have also benefitted from the reporting abilities.

Oracle Taleo review by Katlyn K.
Katlyn K.

"WORST Software for job applications"

What do you like best?

I do not like anything about this software.

What do you dislike?

Everything. It says my password is wrong when I know it isn't; it tells me I'm missing values when I click submit, but after clicking submit, all of my values disappear so I have to start over. It's seriously the worst software. The type is small and difficult to read, it says it takes things from your resume but it's all in the wrong places and doesn't make any sense. I hate, hate this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is awful. I purposefully avoid applying to jobs that use Taleo. It always says my password is wrong, even when I reset it. When I click submit but am missing items, all of my responses previously recorded disappear and I have to start over. I sincerely hate this software. It's terrible. it looks like something from the 1990s, and works just as well.

None it's awful software.

Oracle Taleo review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Hire employees with the system"

What do you like best?

Once you get everything set up in Taleo the system runs pretty smooth.

What do you dislike?

The Taleo system as a whole has problems. The system overall is not user-friendly and the learning curve is very difficult for a new user. I had to make a dozen plus phone calls just to set up the system. Once the system was set up, things did not get much better. I was unsure on the next step to make in the system to push my new interviewees to the next set. Several more phones calls follow just to walk me through the process. I'm sure this is easy for someone who does nothing but hire people. But if you only hire 2 employees a year... this system does not work well.

Interviewing new employees. No real true benefits other than everything is online.

Oracle Taleo review by Jennah Z.
Jennah Z.

"Good for many things except user experience"

Oracle Taleo review by User in Paper & Forest Products
User in Paper & Forest Products

"Amazing functionality for hiring manager"

What do you like best?

Just started to use Taleo and love how all my applicants, their details and the posting are all in one spot. I have the capability to be to view/review/pursue and reject applicants as needed without bothering my recruiter. Gives me much better access to quickly fill my role.

What do you dislike?

The way cover letters and resumes are attached and load. Would rather just see them expanded in a view then down load them. Also the "back" feature is not intuitive. If I have created a search should be cleaner to return to it (could be user error)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is VERY easy to use and intuitive. I'd highly recommend it. Get it into hiring managers hands as fast as you can!

Hiring people more quickly and efficiently and enabling hiring managers. This tool allows us to avoid the email me the resume/schedule the interview etc. etc steps. I am only using part of the possible functionality and was able to log in and start using it with ZERO training or help.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"Worst HRIS "

What do you like best?

I don't like anything about this HRIS product. It's clunky, the support is horrible, and isn't customization much at all. The nice thing we were able to do was coin it a different name to our employees to make it more geared towards out business.

What do you dislike?

It's clunky, the support is horrible, and isn't customization much at all. Daily tasks that should take no time at all take at least 3 times longer and don't expect your reporting to be accurate. The workflows aren't there and each time they do a release, it screws up the system or takes additional time for us to test.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider looking at different companies especially if you are spending more labor and time trying to make the system work. The cost might seem daunting to switch but in the end, it'll end up saving you time and money while creating a better and more accurate system.

We've done the opposite and created more problems with Oracle Taleo. In a market of other products, I would steer clear of this if you want to make your worklife easy.

Oracle Taleo review by Bethany H.
Bethany H.

"Not good"

What do you like best?

Our company tried this before we changed to another software for applications, employee tracking, etc. and honestly, there was nothing good about the system. There is not a single thing that I would recommend about this program (at least from my company's point of view) because it just didn't work for us. The only really nice thing is that it would automatically save your work and your user name and password which is something that our system now does not do.

What do you dislike?

disliked everything about system because it just wasn't the right fit for our company. using this is something that a large corporation should be doing. My company has less than 100 employees, so we did not need the amount of information and data required for candidate testing and tracking. The information and testing that a candidate has to do would probably be well worth it for a larger company, but it was something that just didn't mesh well with our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure it is for a large business or corporation

We were trying to solve hiring and employee and applicant tracking. This is not something that we were able to accomplish by using the system, so we ended up going with something else. The software did not solve any of our business issues or anything like that and helped us in no way, but would probably be ideal for a larger corporation. Would definitely recommend to a company whose HP department has a large volume of applicants and hundreds of positions open so that they are able to track all and see who would fit the best in what position. This was just too much for the company that i work for.

Oracle Taleo review by James D.
James D.

"N/A"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the Taleo database has all of our candidate information readily available and that it facilitates mass candidate communication so I don't have to reach out to each one individually.

What do you dislike?

then see the candidate isn't viable anyways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to practice in the version of Taleo that is not live if your company has it. You can avoid many errors that you can't just undo. Also, ask as many questions as possible.

Taleo solves all of the problems for my department. Recruitment's primary task is candidate tracking and acquisition, so Taleo is the perfect application in that sense. We manage the application, pre-screen, interview, testing and hiring processes with Taleo and that is just what we need it to do. The benefit is that we're able to hire the right candidates for the job. The company as a whole uses the Onboarding and Performance Management functions as well and those prove to be useful for the whole company.

Oracle Taleo review by Kristin K.
Kristin K.

"Worst ATS I've used"

What do you like best?

I cannot think of one thing I like about Taleo in comparison to other applicant tracking systems I've used (have used about 5 in my career).

What do you dislike?

Taleo is extremely archaic. The user experience is terrible, the design is not intuitive and seem overall very clunky. The search functions do not work. For example, you can search for applicants by first and last name and zero results will come up. But if you put in a person's email, that same person will come up in a search and their name will be spelled exactly the same. There are also very little helpful and easy reporting functions to use. The application requirements are outdated and long-winded which proves to be a barrier to entry for most interested candidates. This is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of gripes I have about this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend any other ATS over Taleo.

My current company is a large firm and Taleo is essentially the most economical applicant tracking system we can get. Because of the cheap price, management is reluctant to switch, and therefore, we're stuck with a very basic and ATS that provide little to no benefits.

User in Food & Beverages

"Functional, but outdated model"

What do you like best?

Taleo has some customizable tools, as well as a good range for organizing and filtering. It scrapes requisitions publically as well as links to outside recruiting sites.

What do you dislike?

Lots of technical issues. Consistently times out, only loads 1,000 candidates at a time and has a long load time. Glitches for candidates and often "hides" candidates depending on the step-status they're in. Not 100% mobile-friendly for candidates. Not easy to build requisitions or offer letters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speed up loading time, get glitches out of system and update technologies. It is outdated in comparison to competitors. I often read reviews from candidates having negative experiences as well and completely being turned off to companies because they utilize Taleo.

We are able to recruit and hire candidates on a large-volume scale.

Oracle Taleo review by Tanya C.
Tanya C.

"Terrible Outdated Useless Product"

What do you like best?

I don't like anything about this product. It is not user friendly. There are too many errors in trying to move candidates ahead without explanation of errors or missing information.

What do you dislike?

Everything! It's a pain to manage candidates, the hiring managers don't have a portal for themselves that can be used so everything is done offline. I can't manage candidate interviews and feedback. My goodness this product is dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont do it! Choose other software that is more recent. Smaller companies should go with Greenhouse or Lever.

We're using Taleo for Recruitment Process management and Candidate Management. It's terrible so we're moving to SuccessFactors

Oracle Taleo review by Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.

"Does the basics well "

What do you like best?

Easy-to-use layout, lets me revert a candidate in the process without jumping through too many hoops or needing to re-do a profile, and I can link candidates to multiple reqs without trouble.

What do you dislike?

I have to re-log in much more often than other software, like Avature, and am redirected back to my dashboard every time. This created unnecessary rework and wastes time through out my day.

Easy to link candidates from one tracking system to Taleo, which solves a re-work problem. I can also easily see who has applied to my reqs before attempting to source them on LinkedIn.

"More training needed "

What do you like best?

The hiring tool was synced to our on-boarding process. As the hiring manager, we could, with a few clicks get the candidate hired.

What do you dislike?

Too busy and hard to navigate. The back button would not go to the previous page, instead it took you back to the landing page. The training was delivered to us by our company staff and not by the Taleo team, which would have gone a long way for better understanding of the capabilities and features of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay attention to the tutorial and training. Ask questions. It can be a beneficial tool if you know and understand all of its capabilities.

As a retail store manager it freed me up from posting job openings or going out to do direct recruiting and allowed me to focus on the business in front of me at the store.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Higher Education

"Strong Screening Tool for Recruitment"

What do you like best?

I like that the pre-screening is highly customizable to help areas with unique needs find the right candidate for their vacancy.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the way the score are tabulated for a % match does not take into account previous answers. For example, we had one where it asked if they had experience with a specific software and answered no. Later, they were asked to explain their experience with a text box (if yes) and many would write "No" in the box, but then they'd get credit for the question because they are only to put something if they previously answered yes. It skewed the screening and had several that were high matches by % that had nothing we were looking for.

Pre-screening is only part of it. It does help that you can customize it and hone in on what you're looking for so that the candidates passed through for manager review are likely to be good matches - but some of the way its designed can skew who's passed through. After two unsuccessful rounds, we had HR push through all candidates to be reviewed manually and found a few that would have been good matches and were not pushed through due to the way it ranked pre-screening questions inaccurately.

Oracle Taleo review by Alicia H.
Alicia H.

"Taleo User Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use - searching candidates and reqs is very straightforward and easy. The system is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that a candidate can have multiple records - can make it confusing to find which one is the most current and often hiring managers end up going back and forth between the two records for tracking which makes it difficult to tie everything together.

We use Taleo to hire our external applicants and the system feeds into our main HCM system to officially hire them to our business.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Internet

"Taleo is the worst B2C software in existence, esp. for job seekers"

What do you like best?

When Taleo offers the option to pull in Linkedin data. Meaning, I have to interact Taleo much less than without the Linkedin plugin.

What do you dislike?

Every single feature. From the number of screens/pages, to the ATS-dependent ingestion process, to the education tab (check most recent education), to required or non-required fields.

Their forgot password/username feature doesn't work. It sends you an access code.

If you ask them for help, they claim no responsibility and request you call the company that you applied to. It does not feel like Taleo cares about the job seeker experience, just the employers pulling in reports on HR productivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Greenhouse.

My business right now is finding a job, Taleo solves that problem easily about 5% of the time. I've realized no benefits.

Oracle Taleo review by Katelyn D.
Katelyn D.

"For the most part, i enjoy using taleo"

What do you like best?

i like the sorting on the side so i am able to filter by step, application date, or id number

What do you dislike?

I would like an app. I think it would also be useful to be able to save our filtered settings when viewing candidates.

I am able to effectively move applications through our interview process. It makes for easy organization and im also able to send emails directly from the sight which is nice to have.

Oracle Taleo review by User

"fabuloso la traza de los candidatos"

What do you like best?

puedes tener en una sola aplicación toda la trazabilidad de un proceso de selección, desde que contactas con el candidato hasta que lo contratas, pasando por todos los contactos mantenidos. desde que contactas con la persona hasta el final del proceso y dejar constacia de todo además de poder hacer informes y gráficos para analizar posteriormente toda la información recogida

Ademas es multiposting lo cual te permite publiacr el anuncio en varios portales de empleo tanto de pago como gratuítos.

What do you dislike?

muchas pantallas y dificultades para contratos pequeños

Recommendations to others considering the product

beneficios sin dudar para una compañia de rrhh ya que la traza es relevante para todos lo que trabajamos con personas y tenerla en una sola aplicación está fenomenal.

Yo la recomendaría a todos lo profesioanles de RRHH a probarla para luego poder opinar si les encaja o no.

facilita el trabajo de los responsables de RRHH en empresas con mucha contratación de personal

Oracle Taleo review by Jonathan M. L.
Jonathan M. L.

"Oracle Taleo"

What do you like best?

Ease in which I could find applicants that had applied to a set position, as well, ease in the amount of information available to us immediately.

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve, specially if you did not use it too often, to find resume, and not print out everything that was associated with applicant. As well, difficult in going back to all applicants without having to go back to initial job post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great, but be prepared to have a steep learning curve each time you go in to check applicants, especially if it is not something you do on a regular basis. When one is only checking applications once every month or two, as opposed to checking daily or weekly.

Job posting, Application Review, Onboarding individuals to system.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Higher Education

"Oracle Taleo: Everything You Need to Know"

What do you like best?

This product is wonderful because it is easy to use, clear and crisp, fast and efficient, and makes office tasks MUCH easier. Before using this service provided by Oracle, my day at the office was much more difficult and less efficient.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this service. I sat down and thought about what I do not like, and the only thought was, what's not to like?" This is a wonderful product that can make your business go from mediocre to excellent. Again, nothing to dislike about this at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering if you should use this product, think no further, and just go with using it. It will save you a lot of headaches at work.

The main business problems solved with Oracle Taleo are to provide a comprehensive application tracking system and efficient compensation management. Other than that, we do not use it for much else.

User in Food & Beverages

"The best way I know to manage all the potential candidates we hire"

What do you like best?

This cloud-based app is fantastic when it comes to picking just the right candy that you need for a job. It's able to sort out all different qualification and keep a lot of Records on file. This makes it very convenient when you need to pull up a job application or some other specific qualification on a Canada Day or employee that you may have hired already. This is just a well based all around application that definitely gets the job done when the hiring process gets to be a little too complicated.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can really say I dislike about it is the fact when you tend to start building up a lot of different Ploy ease it does get a little flooded with information that you definitely have to sort through in order to get what you're looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is that give it a chance have patience with it and it will become your best friend during the Orton Borden of any job position available

The business problem solve with Oracle is being able to customize and sort through all the different job application during the arm boarding process. This comes in really handy because very convenient when you need to pick out specific qualification on each candidate. It could take hours without using this application but this makes it so simple

Oracle Taleo review by Ian W.
Ian W.

"105 Taleo Implementations and counting"

What do you like best?

I should qualify my position before you read on: I was originally ran consulting services in APAC for Taleo and was one of the 2 first employees in APAC in 2002. Post Acquisition i stayed with Oracle on the APAC cloud strategy team before leaving and I now run Certus Solutions Consulting Services (APAC) Myself and my team have delivered more than 105 Taleo implementations and have seen the good the bad and the ugly.

As with most configurable cloud products the solution is only as good as the implementation and the training provided to end users. If you are a user of any product don't assume that just because you don't see a function it does not mean that is not there, your own company may have chosen not to utilise a certain feature. Also there is no guarantee that your employer has configured it appropriately.

Certainly the most impressive aspects of the solution are:

Configuration options are very extensive and can meet the needs of the most challenging companies

Ability to automate time consuming repetitive tasks is great

Integration capabilities with the connect client tools and web api's are extensive

Reporting capabilities are second to none (complex reporting best left to reporting specialists)

Integration to third party providers such as digital interviewing, background check and testing partners is extensive with a multitude of providers already with "passport integrations"

What do you dislike?

The current user interface is somewhat dated these days but functions exceptionally well. (This is currently being addressed with the ongoing development of Oracle TAP for a great mobile experience and UI enhancements are on the way. Some clients make the process far to convoluted for both candidates and end users resulting in dissatisfaction from both sides.

Support levels took a big hit when Oracle acquired Taleo however they have now started assigning dedicated customer success managers to all clients which is proving to be very successful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure the consultant(s) assigned to the project by either Oracle or an Oracle partner have completed a number of implementations. (It makes a huge difference when the implementation partner can truly consult in the domain and are not just techies they should be able to guide you on a path to success and come to the party with best practices)

The success of the implementation is only as good as the effort both yourself and your implementation consultant put into it. (That goes for any product)

Primary areas we have seen clients gain benefit are in the following areas:

Greatly improved approval times

Reduced time to hire

Reduced agency cost (this can be dramatic)

Streamlining of volume recruitment activities such as call centre and graduate recruitment.

On boarding and off-boarding (the benefits here are huge)

Strategic reporting for decision making.

Oracle Taleo review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Takeoff For full cycle recruitment"

What do you like best?

Full cycle recruiting capabilities and editing of forms. We use Taleo as a platform for applicants to submit and view their resumes, recruiters to source from, requisition creation and management and offer extension. The reporting capabilities are also extensive.

What do you dislike?

Exportation to excel from taleo is sometimes muddled. Also, the server gets snagged and slows every now and then but great improvement has been seen over the past three years of use. Far less downtime; glitches like internal/external job description editing pauses and refreshing has improved tremendously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Taleo is not easy to learn but that's likely because of how extensive the services it provides are. We are able to easily execute all steps of a full cycle recruitment process using Taleo.

Having a CRM software that provides adequate reporting. We had an issue of requisitions being open too long and were able to realize the issue through alert reports from Taleo.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Sporting Goods
User in Sporting Goods

"Don't Complicate It"

What do you like best?

All talent is pooled together. You can see the progression of an applicant from any requisition they may have applied. You can search for any applicant whose applied to your company not just your specific branch.

What do you dislike?

To know how to transfer an application or see it right away is complicated. You need a good guide to how to do most things that should be a simple click of the button. You can get lost easily when trying to do something as simple as send out an offer, I've had issues with it twice actually sending the offer out and have to partner with someone almost every time I do get one sent out. The layout is presented as simple but unless you know exactly where to go you can screw things up quick or not find what you need.

Hiring and sorting through applications is much easier than keeping paper applications or resumes. Completing all required paperwork online helps keep office time to a minimum when needing to get someone on board quickly.

Oracle Taleo review by Nikki D.
Nikki D.

"Taleo is pretty simple to use"

What do you like best?

It was easy to hire candidates. The process was simple and self explanatory. Had very few issues with candidates not getting emails and it linking up to company on boarding.

What do you dislike?

I wished there was more I could have done with it. It might have changed since I used it but it would have been nice to make notes about candidates and saved them for a later time like holiday hiring. Or more options when off boarding so we would know that we interview and what we liked or disliked.

The easier the process to hire someone the less stressful for the candidate to complete and the more likely they will have a more positive outlook on the business.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Efficient and Organized Applicant Tracking System"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using Taleo to build requisitions and track the progress of my candidates. Being able to add collaborators in each requisition allows for the necessary team work I need and helps make the process more streamline.

I also appreciate that Taleo is compatible with other applications and that we can interconnect them as necessary. Integrations continue to make my job more efficient, and I look forward to seeing what else Taleo does in the future.

What do you dislike?

There are times I find myself frustrated that the application closes out so quickly (typically less than 30 minutes). If the duration of time was longer this would be very helpful. Additionally, I think software glitches could be approved upon - recently we had an experience in our department where everyone was having glitches in Taleo.

The main business benefits I experience are: keeping lists of my candidates organized, being able to clearly see what step/status they are in, what other requisitions candidates are in, and having a separate tab for candidates attachments. In general, all of my work on candidates can be tracked in Taleo, and my work in other applications is very minimal which is helpful. It is also beneficial to be able to disposition candidates so that I do not have to continue to view candidates that do not qualify, or have withdrawn.

Oracle Taleo review by Jeanne K.
Jeanne K.

"ATS gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Taleo is a good place to hold applicant data and is especially useful for collecting resumes from job postings.

What do you dislike?

Very clunky - not easily searchable; also not great for adding candidates who haven't applied through Taleo

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use this as your only recruiting software if you are sourcing the majority of candidates rather than them applying.

Our main use is to collect resumes when we post jobs

Oracle Taleo review by User

"Very in depth software backed by a 5 star customer support team"

What do you like best?

Taleo covers all bases of whatever you could possibly need and then some. If the software is lacking somewhere, you can work with their customer support team to find a work around

What do you dislike?

It was a little confusing and complicated to master at first but once you moved past that, I really didn't have any issues with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an expensive software to implement but I believe it is truly worth the money so you can focus less on the HR side and get back to what really matters about your company

I have worked for companies that have different softwares for everything and I feel like it slows the process down by having to log in to 3 or 4 or 5 different applications when you can use just the 1 and get everything accomplished.

Oracle Taleo review by Ami T.
Ami T.

"If You Have Time to Frontload Training, It's Great"

What do you like best?

I like the clear set up for applicant applications and resumes. I appreciate that it separates the online application from the resume or CV.

What do you dislike?

It is not immediately user friendly and required a lot of front loaded training in order to be able to use it effectively. Even then we had to repeatedly go back to ask questions in the step process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the time to set it up properly and thoroughly train your staff, it's a well organized program that does exactly what it needs to in terms of applicant management.

We use Taleo for all of the university professional and classified hiring.

"Oracle ease of use"

What do you like best?

Oracle is very straightforward. Although there is a lot of information, and there are many ways to utilize the tool, the options are easy-to-understand and extremely navigable. Plus, if you do have any issues, the support team is fantastic and responds in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

There are times in which the system can exhibit a glitch. My specific issue has come when trying to replicate an existing requisite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend consulting any training videos or documents which may be available. This tool is highly comprehensive and can be utilized for many facets of team and goal management, requisitions, and a multitude of other items, but you must know how to utilize the tool.

This is a one-stop shop for my entire team. I can see my own personal profile, including my tasks and goals, and can easily switch to a view of the profile of any one of my numerous direct reports. I can easily see how on-track my team is with their goals and tasks, which helps drive personal business solutions.

Oracle Taleo review by Sidharth A.
Sidharth A.

"Overpriced but you get what you pay for"

What do you like best?

Of all the recruitment software that I've looked into, Taleo is one software that has the most features. It is a very complete/robust platform with a huge potential to customize as per the recruitment process. It has capabilities to integrate with multiple software/platforms including social networks.

What do you dislike?

It's not at all user-friendly and requires help from an expert to set it up. As the project gets bigger, it becomes harder to use as the options may become confusing.

It helps in keeping all the candidates in one place. Its customizable nature can help you fit it into your recruitment process.

Oracle Taleo review by Kim B.
Kim B.

"So-so product"

What do you like best?

It's a well known product that a ton of our candidates are familiar with and the Oracle brand is respectful and has been reliable. I also like how I can access it easily from both my Ipad as well as computer/laptop.

What do you dislike?

- As a candidate, I remember I hated the experience of Taleo, it took a long time and it was not really user friendly.

- It could be so clicky that it annoys me how hard or difficult it is for basic tasks.

- Hiring candidates faster

- Ensuring all individuals part of the recruiting process are informed and on the same page

- Ensuring a consistent and fair process

- Collaboration among all the hiring team

Oracle Taleo review by User in Higher Education

"Oracle Taleo - config it carefully"

What do you like best?

We went to Taleo because of the opportunity to interface to our HCM and Finance systems.

What do you dislike?

In setting up the interfaces, we lost the features that are important for robust recruiting.. We basically got a document management system instead of a recruiting tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When we were researching ATS products last time, we learned that the power of Taleo really lies in the modules you select and how you configure the system to work within your flow.

We thought that Taleo would help us store and access resumes to share with our hiring managers. But in reality, our system set up is bulky and doesn't have the features we need to easily screen, sort and identify applicants for review.

"Applicant Tracking System"

What do you like best?

Taleo has several cons however some of the pros of the ATS is the compatibility with other systems we use. Such as our background provider.

What do you dislike?

The platform is not user friendly and an application takes roughly 23 mins. This is becoming more and more unacceptable to candidates. The system does not work well as a CRM and basic searches in the system aren't useful.

We currently use Taleo as our ATS. We review applications, submit offer letters, etc. However, we've found that it is not the best investment we've made.

Oracle Taleo review by User

"Chunky but statistic powerful"

What do you like best?

OBI reporting that allows you to view various recruitment metrics.

What do you dislike?

Chunky interface and runs slow. Often freezes with OBI and requires you to login again

Recommendations to others considering the product

More focus on the bugs that are within the software. I have a general feel that the product is developed but there is little investment on making it competitive or more user friendly. There are many companies that are now using ATS software for their career sites to override the Oracle information because it is difficult for candidates to navigate within Taleo based systems.

Metric tracking of recruitment efforts

Oracle Taleo review by JP H.
JP H.

"The ease of categorizing and understanding applicants makes hiring much easier!"

What do you like best?

you have an in depth understanding of each candidate based on their resume as well as the additional questions you customize for them to answer

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be hard to categorize candidates.

it helps us coordinate with our hiring managers to find the best candidates for the position.

Oracle Taleo review by Vanessa J.
Vanessa J.

"Gotta take time to learn site"

What do you like best?

I like how I can find important information regarding my employment on the site such as employment verification, beneficiaries, benefits, pay stubs, appraisals

What do you dislike?

It’s a bit confusing on how to navigate thru. Wish it was a lil easier

Not solving any problems. It’s simply the site us employees go to when we need to make changes to certain categories

Oracle Taleo review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Straightforward ATS - mostly fit for purpose but lacks innovation"

What do you like best?

As far as a bare bones ATS goes - it works. The screens and process steps are easy to learn and use. I was up to speed on Oracle Taleo in less than a day.

What do you dislike?

As more and more recruiting goes social (in my case mostly Linkedin), the social features are really lacking. There is no easy and intuitive way to share on Linkedin, and we ended up using a manual 'bolt on' for Social Sourcing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere if you are moving to 'Social Sourcing'. If you are just looking for a straightforward ATS system - Oracle Taleo is fit for purpose.

The basics - putting reqs out there and the subsequent hiring process. In that sense it is fit for purpose, and the benefits include many successful hires.

Oracle Taleo review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"The Struggle is Real"

What do you like best?

The correspondence templates are helpful and being able to create customized reports is nice!

What do you dislike?

The system doesn't do well with Document management as many documents end up being over written and we cannot require applicants to upload certain files. Definitely not a good solution for higher education. In addition, it is not a very user friendly site. It is not robust in regards to audit trails or compliance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If doing an implementation, make sure to get their A+ implementation team that will answer all questions accurately before a contract is made. Ensure Document Management as robust enough.

Efficient applicant tracking and applicant management. Benefits are that we have a system that will house all of the applicants that apply to our system, but it is very basic functionality.

Oracle Taleo review by Abia R.
Abia R.

"Click heavy but robust"

What do you like best?

Taleo is a robust tool that gives you options. You can simplify the application process, and candidates can create a profile which allows them to view their status. There is also an Outlook plug in which allows you to save responses from your inbox. You can send mail merge emails to contact many candidates at once.

What do you dislike?

Taleo is click heavy and not very cost effective. Updating the settings is difficult and involves a lot of training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the cost per user, we're currently sharing a user.

It allows us to maintain ongoing records of candidates and collaborate with the recruiting team. We can assign multiple jobs for candidates and keep track of open reqs.

Oracle Taleo review by Sabrina Y.
Sabrina Y.

"Great System Minor Hiccups"

What do you like best?

I like how the onboarding is integrated with the posting it allows the onboarding process to be so much quicker with including the background checks and combining the system with other Oracle products to complete data entry.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system can be a bit redundant, it can ask for the same thing several times and I believe that it can some be a "cluttered" system as well.

The hiring process, onboarding new and transitioning employees, along with approvals being made throughout a large bureaucracy allowing less time.

Oracle Taleo review by Consultant

"Trazabilidad completa del proceso de selección"

What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta es que puedes tener una trazabilidad integral del candidato a seleccionar desde el momento que pones el anuncio hasta que lo contratas. Tb igualmente después puedes tener comunicaciones con la persona.

Pones el anuncio, se inscriben en la oferta los valores, programas entrevistas y ves todo el proceso, es una gran herramienta

What do you dislike?

Lo que más me disgusta es que tienes que tener la constancia de reflejarlo todo en todo momento y en ocasiones es bastante complejo

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es perfecta para la actividad de cosnultoría y RRHH

Se ha integrado perfectamente en la software de administración de personal y tras seleccionar al acndidato puedes hacerle la contratación laboral

Oracle Taleo review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"One of the better solutions on the market"

What do you like best?

For a job applicant it's considerable work to fill out forms of such systems as Taleo. In this crowd Taleo is at least not among the worst. It does make sense, but only if your company is really big to justify this over a more human involved process.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't seem to allow candidates to transport their information between different companies that use Taleo. This leads to a larger amount of interesting and valuable applicants to either abort the process or fill things out in a way that don't provide a proper picture of them.

It does offer sufficient reporting and overview. The applicant facing side is not great, but still among the better ones.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Does the trick"

What do you like best?

I can export everything to Excel so it is a bit easier to cycle through candidates.

What do you dislike?

I don't understand the icons and how they apply. I also find it difficult to collaborate with someone on my team and have our thoughts on a candidate be clearly labeled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not a big fan of this Oracle module, but we are updating our system and the jury is still out if the upgrades will be more functional. Overall, I think this module lacks some user friendly functions, is hard to collaborate with colleagues, and is no intuitive.

We use it to track job candidates, organize their files, communicate with them about their job candidacy.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Very Limited "

What do you like best?

The platform is very basic and at least easy to understand. There isn't a bunch of information overload going on with different portals.

What do you dislike?

The business edition is extremely limited. So much so that most of the work that is being done is extremely manual. There is no way to have live reports available for outside users, there candidate profile is extremely basic, and more so there is no CRM for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something very basic and not needing tons of analytic capabilities this might work for you.

Personally, the only thing it's solving is to help us to remain compliant. We will be switching over to a new ATS at the end of 2018.

Oracle Taleo review by Sharae W.
Sharae W.

"Taleo"

What do you like best?

It recruits for you to hire using skills & corporate results along with feedback. It also aligns employees with there career paths. Improving quality & development.

What do you dislike?

Everything is virtual so you can't analyze someone personally. The recruitment can't pick up on human behaviors and can be decieved by the image they portray.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a second interview screening process.

Time management is a big issue solved also fairness & non biased thought processing.

Oracle Taleo review by Joseph H.
Joseph H.

"Uses Flash for Text Display and Input - Why?"

What do you like best?

The database is probably the only thing people like about Taleo. It provides a centralized place to store employee reviews and such.

What do you dislike?

Its web interface is horrible. It uses Adobe Flash - which is meant for graphics - to display mostly text, as well as receive text input. Why do this, when HTML (doesn't have to be HTML5) does the job much, much better? And it is set to display at 150% the width of the web browser. I have to do some modifying of my web browser to make it fit right (custom CSS rules for the Taleo web page).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't. There's got to be something better.

Talent management. At least that's what I think my company calls it. The upper management loves it for some reason.

"Taleo is Awesome!"

What do you like best?

I like that the product is very versatile to use and to also be able to navigate smoothly throughout the software when dealing with candidates.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it logs you out in the middle of usage at times.

There are no business problems at this time with Oracle Taleo. The benefits that I have realized are that it's a one stop shop when handling applicants and postings for positions.

Oracle Taleo review by Kari G.
Kari G.

"Missing a ton of core functionality"

What do you like best?

The UI is OK. I don't have any major complaints about it but also wouldn't say it's better than other ATS systems out there.

What do you dislike?

A ton.. not structured, messy, not intuitive, not customizable, lacks integration ability with other systems

Well, we were able to have more control over our jobs page and didn't have Taleo branded all over it like other ATS products. That's the only benefit we saw.

Oracle Taleo review by Amanda B.
Amanda B.

"Taleo for Recruiting Could Be Better"

What do you like best?

Being able to track what stage of the recruit process was helpful.

What do you dislike?

Prospect information always took too long to populate within the database. We worked with international subsidiaries and it was very frustrating waiting for the applicant to show up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will help you track which stage the applicant is in! Very useful when communicating with international subsidiaries!

Determining the quality of applicants overall and optimizing the recruiting process.

"Outdated"

What do you like best?

The ability to send a reminder to users when awaiting approval.

What do you dislike?

Taleo’s format is not user friendly. It is a very much antiquated system which companies use either out of loyalty or the fact that it is international.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend using Oracle Taleo as an applicant tracking system. I would however recommend ApplicantPro it’s a much more cost effective and user friendly system.

Taleo is used for Recruiting purposes. A benefit of Taleo is its ability to post multiple job reqs for various companies within an organization. Also the ability to verify the status of a requisition.

Oracle Taleo review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"Oracle Taleo has really made candidate sourcing and management effective!"

What do you like best?

I think for the most part, the tool is very easy to use once you get the hang of it. Not only am I able to post/source, but I can track the candidates throughout the recruitment process and also share this progress with managers.

What do you dislike?

If you haven't used the tool or are not quite as experienced with it, it's not always very use friendly. My managers have a difficult time sometimes with req creation. Additionally, trying to change certain items in the req such as location or template when the req has been posted, allows you to do some work and doesn;t have all of the functionality I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get enough training!

Oracle Taleo has allowed us to proactively source candidates to build pipelines.

Oracle Taleo review by Stirling N.
Stirling N.

"Not there yet..."

What do you like best?

It is easy to get start with, especially users that have experience with Oracle.

What do you dislike?

But hard to really find a person with the right qualifications - as opposed to almost right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch Taleo, but look elsewhere if you are needs are short term.

In the world of HR management, one still has to use a variety of tools to really obtain peak performance. Since Oracle continues to work on key features with every release, it is very likely that they will achieve the desired result. Unfortunately, it is not there yet.

Oracle Taleo review by Dallas J.
Dallas J.

"WIth Taleo you can grow your business fast!"

What do you like best?

Taleo is perfect for a growing business. It helps you manage your open positions, current applicants, and prospective applicants.

What do you dislike?

Much like any enterprise software, it can be difficult to implement and integrate with other business systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BE prepared for some tinkering if you want to integrate, but overall the system is amazing.

Monitoring current positions and applicants. It has majorly streamlined the process.

Oracle Taleo review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Good Software but need to be more user friendly "

What do you like best?

The ability to customize the flow and at the same time it is available on Cloud providing a good solution for the entire Recruitment life cycle management

What do you dislike?

The User friendliness need to be improved . For example if one uses the software to search for the job listings, we are not able to open the listings on a new window . This makes us to use the back button in the browser which some times takes back to the search page and we need to repeat the search

Automated Recruitment life cycle management on a pay per use model

"Taleo"

What do you like best?

I used Taleo for over two years in two separate companies. I love the ease of using the system and how organized it can be if the company purchases the right features. It is very simple to keep all the data you need to complete organized.

What do you dislike?

It seems they’ve improved on how often the system goes down but was previously a huge issue as we relied almost 100% on Taleo to complete business tasks.

It makes it easier to keep track of onboarding new employees. Their information and it streamlines everything for other teams in making a paperless process for the business.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Computer Software

"Worst experience for candidates"

What do you like best?

The data pulled is easy to digest but the pool of information is not being adequately capured.

What do you dislike?

The user experience is the absolute worst for candidates. Many candidates will not complete a submission given the problems with using Taleo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose another application that makes it easy for candidates to apply.

Taleo is not a good tool for getting to the best candidates. The resume parser is not good requiring candidates to manually enter their data. The user experience does not identify errors at data entry requiring the candidate to re-enter data. The user messages are terrible. Candidate data is not efficiently captured.

Oracle Taleo review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Oracle Taleo Learn: Compliance Tracking Hero!"

What do you like best?

Learn is so user-friendly - Straight forward for our learners

What do you dislike?

Need more intuitive tools for Administrators,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Register with Oracle Customer Connect, get references from other companies for implementation partners. Get the design right; Change management is key.

Learn allows us to track and report on compliance training accurately, very important in the manufacturing field with regular audits by the FDA and other governing bodies.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Internet

"Can be overwhelming but useful for recruiting and onboarding"

What do you like best?

Taleo is easy to use and offer lots of functionality. Historical candidate information is easily accessible, and maintaining each candidate portfolio across functions is extremely useful for Human Resource people.

What do you dislike?

The recruiter end user experience is not that great. In addition to that, reports are overwhelming. The software requires also technical understanding. Sometimes it feels a bit too technical for the average user like myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lack of training will result in limited ability to use the product. The overall end user experience can be overwhelming and complicated to use at times.

Taleo is great for recruiting and employee onboarding.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Great Product, lacks support"

What do you like best?

The ability to make us paperless since 2007 (aside from some resumes we want to print). It can hold what we need to ask (process) and what we need to keep (audits). Our migration consultant (Linda) was amazing! She knew Taleo in and out. I like the way permissions work, but there are a lot of them.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is not up to par. In the past, we have gotten stock answers that don't answer our question. When Oracle bought Taleo, the expertise of the consultants, etc went down. There are a lot of permissions. Some of the permissions that changed in 2012, I wish I could edit to make them confidential (to search committee members).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make a thorough list of requirements from the start. Most things are possible, if you have a talented/knowledgeable consultant for implementation.

We have a very high volume of hiring. We use Taleo primarily for Talent Acquisition. We can ask prescreen questions related to the requirements of the position.

Oracle Taleo review by Jamie E.
Jamie E.

"Great All-In-One Applicant Tracking System"

What do you like best?

The layout of the system makes it very easy to navigate. I have used several products but this one is the only one that was intuitive enough that it did not require a large amount of training.

What do you dislike?

One issue that always caused frustration was the html editor box used to populate the job description. Whenever you would copy and paste from a Word document it would lose its format. When you made edits in the editor box, sometimes the data would disappear when you clicked save and you would have to retype it. Sometimes the formatting would not save and you would have to redo the format several times before it would stick.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oracle does a great job with integration. However, Oracle does try to package this with their Fusion HCM product. Be weary of Fusion. It has the potential to be a great system but it is not quite there yet.

We have never had an ATS that was integrated with our payroll system. Having Taleo's onboarding feature has been a huge success. The pre-employment paperwork is done electronically and submitted back to Taleo and then the information is fed into payroll. This eliminates about 90% of the manual data entry when hiring/promoting/demoting/transferring someone.

Oracle Taleo review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"Taleo hmmmm "

What do you like best?

I like the the fact that you can load multiple resumes etc.. it does have some great features for sure.

What do you dislike?

Almost everything is very outdated. You can't search deep enough and the data log takes forever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oracle needs a major update on this tool.

We did have all of our eggs in the Taleo basket but now we have moved to a much more modernized CRM.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Warehousing
User in Warehousing

"Awful experience "

What do you like best?

It integrates well with peoplesoft and with corporate screening

What do you dislike?

It isn’t configurable at all and it requires way too much manual work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to buy everything they recommend. If you only choose the bare minimum, it will be awful and not worth it

It was supposed to make it easier for the candidate but so far it hasn’t done that

Oracle Taleo review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Configurable, nice user interface, easily able to brand for our company.

What do you dislike?

Lack of enhancement reactions by Oracle, lack of integration between modules, lack of flexible options for performance reviews, overly complicated behind-the-scenes admin screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Taleo is a good product. Be aware that the various functional modules do not integrate well.

Recruiting, performance management, succession planning.

We have quite robust recruiting.

Oracle Taleo review by Administrator in Semiconductors
Administrator in Semiconductors

"Useful product with a few a the usual Oracle quirks. "

What do you like best?

The software meets most of our business needs. For both HR and end users, it is fairly intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The administration of the system is a bit difficult. It doesn't interface perfectly with HCM, and that tends to cause some issues.

Taleo is our primary recruiting platform. Our recruiters are able to create reqs, hire candidates, and push them through for the approvals.

Oracle Taleo review by Kacy S.
Kacy S.

"Oracle Taleo for Hiring"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Taleo is the amount of detail and integration across candidate/requisition/UI.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of the UI itself. The program is quite clunky and not designed with streamlined aesthetics in mind.

We are able to screen candidates quickly and efficiently from job posting to hiring. I overall enjoy the software.

Oracle Taleo review by Galen A.
Galen A.

"It is an industry Standard for a reason"

What do you like best?

This is somewhat of a powerhouse, it is used widely because of its recognition for support and Data Aggregation

What do you dislike?

At times it does seem like it could be updated but it definitely is not a hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your budget and prepare to go over it.

Applicant tracking and Sourcing is the key factor in a Taleo Environment

Oracle Taleo review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Insurance
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Insurance

"Oracle Taleo Review"

What do you like best?

It's fairly easy to decipher what is on the page. It's not convoluted.

What do you dislike?

When hitting the back button, it takes you back to the default choices. I would rather it go back to the choices I had picked.

I use it for applying for jobs within company. Check jobs available. Also to complete performance reviews.

Oracle Taleo review by Nancy Robin G.
Nancy Robin G.

"Very good product"

What do you like best?

Very clean, integrated. This is a very easy to use product and focuses on the soft side of HR.

What do you dislike?

It is only integrated to a point and most clients use another system for payroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Taleo is a very good product. However, it is not all encompassing for HR.

Great for applicant tracking and performance management

Oracle Taleo review by User

"Good for organizing multiple candidates and requisitions."

What do you like best?

Condenses the candidates into a single area and I can check the status of each from one screen.

What do you dislike?

System is fairly slow to start and to load each section.

Organizing candidates and requisitions. Nice having everything together and I can juggle more candidates at the same time.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Great Integrated Tool"

What do you like best?

The number of integration points makes the solution very robust and capable of automating large portions of the applicant tracking and vetting process.

What do you dislike?

The ability to customize alert messages is not universal and we had to turn off certain alerts because the default message text did not align with our processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When sizing your solution implementation, it is important to think through not only your current process but also your desired processes so that you don't wind up with scope creep throughout the process of implementation.

Applicant tracking was a manual process that took high numbers of administrative hours and was prone to human error.

Oracle Taleo review by User

"Oracle Taleo gets an 8/10"

What do you like best?

For starters, the Oracle Taleo platform is a well-functioning system for my company's ordering process and inventory data. It is able to compute with big data and is reliable 90% of the time.

What do you dislike?

Once in a while, Oracle takes a bit longer to compute, or the system crashes. However, for the most part it is an amazing tool.

My company uses Oracle as a means of connecting data between other business platforms, such as our order planning system, our order fulfillment system, and various Microsoft systems (Access, Excel, SharePoint).

Oracle Taleo review by Ashly J.
Ashly J.

"Easy to use software"

What do you like best?

The access to candidate files is simple and you can search as far back as you would like

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are not easily identified in the program you really have to do extensive training to learn some of the features.

Staffing we can select candidates just by filtering availibility we need

Oracle Taleo review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Simple and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that it is very easy to manage candidates. I also love that navigating through the software is very intuitive. From sending emails to hiring candidates, the experience is straight forward

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lag that the system gets. Sometimes the page will refresh messing with the flow of work. Very rarely, the system goes down as well. The system. Itself is very good though.

Lots of reports are run to help identify where we need to focus including candidate outreach. Also helps produce workflow numbers to see who is doing what.

Oracle Taleo review by Administrator in Logistics and Supply Chain
Administrator in Logistics and Supply Chain

"Multifaceted Talent Management System"

What do you like best?

The system has quite a few great features to manage performance and to integrate the recruiting side. The user side of the performance management portion is very user friendly and intuitive. The ability to quickly flip from multi-year goal plans and performance reviews on one page is especially helpful and efficient for our employees in our company. Because we are a production environment, time is of the essence and anything that can be done quicker and more efficiently works very well for our organization. The recruiting side is a great one stop shop, both on the user side and the administrator side. Being able to complete the onboarding process from one location in the system really streamlines the process for a rather large and busy recruiting group in our organization.

What do you dislike?

While there are many great aspects of the Taleo system, there are a couple of areas of opportunity in the Performance Management side that could really take this product from good to great. The biggest area of opportunity for the program in general is the reporting function. If this function was simplified, it would definitely be the top product on the market. Unfortunately, the reporting function is difficult to create custom reporting with little to no customer support or training on this. The other big downfall is on the performance assessment side. The system doesn't have the ability to roll a assessment back to a certain step except all the way to the beginning. Where this becomes necessary is when an assessment has already gone through an approval process but requires a change at the first or second level approval, but requires us to go back to the employee submitting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give it a try. The level of customization is perfect for a multifaceted organization of 10,000 people.

The system has really made our our recruiting process and performance management very streamlined and consistent across our 100+ facility organization. Working with other systems before, this system has really improved the performance management processes in many different ways. With shortening the amount of time that an employee used to take switching from different systems or completing a task manually, this has been a huge win for our employees and management.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"I use this software for all my recruitment needs. "

What do you like best?

I like that everything can be done in one place. Especially the external services information. I like the Duplicate req. option. Saves a lot of time. I like that all the history is stored and easy to read.

What do you dislike?

The system has some quirks. For example when creating a requisition. The languages have to be selected before you can post, but if they aren't it doesn't tell you that's the issue. You have to know that based on experience using the system.

I don't like that the Job description field is also quirky, you can only copy and paste from notepad and a lot of times the formatting is wrong.

Error messages when trying to link multiple profiles if their in a selection stage. It should just let you merge the profiles without issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would def. recommend this system for large companies. Especially if you have multiple locations or brands.

Getting the Hiring Managers to be more involved in the recruitment process has always been a challenge for us. With this it holds them accountable as far as approvals and looking at candidates that have been pushed through to them.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and setting up new openings was a breeze.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint would be that there was no initial weeding out of candidates. We had to go thru every application even if they were not available for the position we needed

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth using, helped move through many applicants in a limited amount of time.

Brings in applicants and helps us to stay organized. There are several categories you can sort your applicants into so that you know what stage of the process they are at.

Oracle Taleo review by Olivia K.
Olivia K.

"Good for tracking data and acquiring good candidates"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, design of website, can collaborate with others, integration with different websites.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are technical issues with the system when sending information to candidates

We are finding talent for the organization. Taleo easily ranks candidates who have applied to the posting

Oracle Taleo review by User

"Pretty Easy to pick up and use"

What do you like best?

I didn't need any training in it to figure out how to use it. It is great that I can just copy goals from previous years and paste them into the next year.

What do you dislike?

I don't get notifications it seems. My boss's boss requested I review my boss. But I didn't ever receive a notification for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont add anything. Keep it as simple as possible.

It helps us manage our performance management. Saves us time because everything just happens in this system.

Oracle Taleo review by Allison R.
Allison R.

"Very clunky transition from Business to Enterprise edition"

What do you like best?

Taleo has a lot of features that ultimately would be very useful. For example, the ability to integrate with Peoplesoft when entering personnel information. Also, the ability to generate offer letters and send electronically.

What do you dislike?

The transition from Business edition, where we really only used the software to organize candidates, to Enterprise edition was not very smooth. Many candidates were duplicated or lost. There were a lot of steps in order to move the candidate through the process through the software and it was clunky and repetitive. Definitely not a time saver.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be hard to recommend others using Taleo. We had so many kinks. However, I can see it being useful if Taleo is able to move through the process more quickly and smoothly in terms of installation and set up.

The integration with PeopleSoft is a huge plus, that will ultimately be very useful. It just hasn't been updated yet.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good Onboarding Program (From Payroll Perspective)"

What do you like best?

Ability for multiple departments to utilize the same data in automated fashion without duplicate data entry. Increases efficiency and accuracy while facilitating paperless work environment.

What do you dislike?

Inability to customize Onboarding Task menu by changing order in which columns appear on screen. Inability to sort menu by column.

For Payroll department, file name (hotlink) is always "Payroll Load Data" with employee name on far side of page, and employee number is not displayed at all. As a company with multiple subsidiaries, and multiple Payroll Administrators, each responsible for specific subsidiary groups, having employee number displayed is very important. Having employee name/number listed next to hot link would be most convenient. Being able to sort the menu by specific columns (Reference, Employee Number, Date Due) would greatly increase convenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is easy to use and greatly increased automation of onboarding process while reducing redundant, repetitive tasks.

Greatly reduced redundancy in data entry; facilitated converting to paperless onboarding process. This has resulted in reduced man hours, fewer errors, fewer lost documents, and greatly improved tracking and metrics.

Oracle Taleo review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"One spot for all information of our employees."

What do you like best?

I worked on Taleo and found it had a nice features and all details of employees which i would need to process a candidates candidature further, This is idle software for everything in HR. Be it sourcing, screening, Onboarding and database of employees. Loved it.

What do you dislike?

Just the time taken sometimes was irritating. Took a lot of time while fetching the details.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must implement Taleo for the business solutions in HR.

Employee applications for job access, downloading resume or candidates details. Releasing offers etc

Oracle Taleo review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Taleo Business Edition Review"

What do you like best?

It has a ton of features to modify pages and really tailor the product for your company.

What do you dislike?

I have had many issues with their customer service when we added manager licenses - months-long delays, double-billing, etc.

It ensures we are in compliance with our AAP.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Financial Services

"I use it for onboarding employees into people soft"

What do you like best?

Recently we’ve been having to manually enter new employees into peoplesoft from taleo, I can see most of the information on one screen so that is helpful.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that there isn’t an easier process working at the moment to put info into peoplesoft than me entering manually.

I guess the benefit is being able to find all the location in one place for new employee and not having to ask a coworker for a bunch of information

Oracle Taleo review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"Slow or no response from Account Manager"

What do you like best?

Obviously they are a huge company and offer a great number of solutions and products. It's nice to have a one stop shop.

What do you dislike?

Prior to Oracle purchasing Taleo we had named support. Once Oracle took over the customer support went down the drain. We can't even get a response from our account manager to questions about payment issues. These issues are on Oracles side! They call us asking for payment and a week later they send an email saying they don't know where to apply the payment and as US the customer for documentation to help them determine where they payment should be applied! That is unacceptable!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please do your homework prior to signing a contract. You should also demand a responsive and dedicated Account Manager!

We use Taleo and it's ok for applicants however we have tried multiple times to get them to deliver a save feature for the applications and they have not been able to do so.

Benefits that we've realized? I'm not sure that I can comment on this other than the same comment I made before about them offering many solutions from one company if needed.

Oracle Taleo review by Tyler D.
Tyler D.

"A useful product that could be more organized"

What do you like best?

Taleo is able to integrate with job boards and they do have frequent updates.

What do you dislike?

It is time consuming, as you have to manually enter data for resumes when uploading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No comment at this time.

It is useful for tracking candidates and assigning tasks to recruiters.

Oracle Taleo review by Victoria M.
Victoria M.

"Good management platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to access and control questions etc with the premade format

What do you dislike?

on the candidate's side it's difficult to see specific job descriptions/requirements while applying

Recommendations to others considering the product

very standardized, good for large corporations or organizations but sort of impersonal

hiring and managing candidate applications

Oracle Taleo review by Kori C.
Kori C.

"Taleo Business Edition Good For Small Companies"

What do you like best?

Oracle Taleo Business Edition (BE) is different from the Enterprise edition. BE is designed for smaller companies and is super configurable and flexible for small to small mid-sized companies. It is super easy to add fields, create new portals, load data and run reports.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is robust, but each time you add a field it locks you out of being able to modify the report. This means you have to rebuild the report for scratch. You also have to pick all the fields you want on the report because after you move to the next step you can't add or delete them. This quirk is so annoying and I wish the BE group would change it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product for small to smaller mid-sized companies.

An entry level applicant tracking tool for small to small midsized companies is great. Or if you are a control freak and hate talking to any vendor support dweeb, this product is for you. 99% control over all elements of the ATS. Benefits have been realized. Just doesn't do larger, complex companies very well.

Oracle Taleo review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Oracle Taleo User"

What do you like best?

Taleo is a user-friendly system with a lot of opportunities for customization.

What do you dislike?

I have not had a great experience with Taleo's customer service.

Tracking our applicants during the recruitment process. We do not use Taleo for any of its other components (compensation management, core HR, onboarding, etc.)

Oracle Taleo review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Outdated and expensive"

What do you like best?

The user interface is easy to use. You just have to get used to all of the quirks.

What do you dislike?

Storing communication and req history is extremely cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weigh your options, there are a bazillion CMS on the market.

We use Taleo as our CMS currently. We've stayed in business this long with it, I suppose.

Oracle Taleo review by Cherrie M.
Cherrie M.

"So far this is my favorite ATS system"

What do you like best?

I love the way it is so easy to use this system and if a mistake is made, it is very easy to correct it.

What do you dislike?

I cant say that I dislike anything about it yet

We use this to Onboard our candidates...Also to source for new ones.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Computer Software

"Taleo requires too many steps and is not intuitive"

What do you like best?

I don't like anything about Taleo. I used it at two companies and both experiences were pretty terrible.

What do you dislike?

I used it as a recruiter both times. In order to change the status of a candidate I had to flip them through too many stages. The stages are not intuitive. I always had to have someone show me what steps to take. I don't think it should be like that.

I used Taleo for recruiting purposes at two companies.

Oracle Taleo review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Heavy Taleo Learn Use - Creation of own LMS"

What do you like best?

Taleo Learn offers us the opportunity to not only assign and track all courses taken by employees, but it also allows for supervisor approval for entry into the courses (perfect for companies like us that pay per use of vendor-products).

Also, Taleo allows for massive manipulation of your actual site after they give you the template, which is fully customizable.

What do you dislike?

While Taleo Learn offers the ability to change and manipulate all pages to your own desire/format, the process can be slow and labor-heavy.

Additionally, the process of creating enrollments and adding supervisor approvals must be done one-by-one for courses (taking weeks for those of us with course libraries in the thousands).

Increase communication of HR department and specifically the L&D sector.

Increase ease of use of the LMS, add supervisor approval to courses to reduce mass-enrollments and reduce cost.

Oracle Taleo review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"Taleo review "

What do you like best?

The software is customization which is a blessing and a curse.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes clients will be cute with customizing what they want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Out of all the VMS systems I use, this is the least headache. I'm not excited to use it because once again it will slow down the interview process, but clients force us to use them at times. The ease of use is better than most but that doesn't mean it is something I look forward to doing from a professional stand point.

Personally, I don't like using the product because it is another layer in the interview process that slows it down. The software itself is fine but the situation is frustrating.

Oracle Taleo review by Laura G.
Laura G.

"Taleo "

What do you like best?

If you use all features, it can provide you with plenty of data.

What do you dislike?

Customer support can be difficult to reach out to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Steer away if you have no experience with Taleo.

Recruiting, we are able to track applicants and search for candidates that previously applied.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to upload multiple documents at a time. ease of use to transfer candidates and candidate application is easy too

What do you dislike?

lag time - sometimes takes too long to load and then you lose your information

for large cohorts this is the easiest way to track onboarding materials and to run reports

Learning about Oracle Taleo?

* We monitor all Oracle Taleo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.