Oracle Taleo

Oracle Taleo is recruitment management software that provides you with the talent intelligence you need.

Work for Oracle Taleo?
Kronoswfr hrmang  leader  2x

Learning about Oracle Taleo?

Oracle Taleo Reviews

Ask Oracle Taleo a Question
Showing 209 Oracle Taleo reviews
Oracle Taleo review by <span>Lisa T.</span>
Lisa T.

It's done what we needed it to do

What do you like best?

Taleo keeps track of all of our past and present job applicants, job openings, job descriptions and the dates that they all transpired. Good organization. Even if we receive job applications from the sources, we route all applicants through Taleo as well.

What do you dislike?

Not a fan of the social sharing portion. There's not an ideal preview image with the sharing. We end up sharing manually on social media so we can showcase the job openings in the best light possible. It would be nice if Taleo incorporated some of the features that sites like Facebook jobs have, especially some nice photo options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for organizing. All hiring information in one place.

Good organization for job applicants. Open for over a decade and having several locations, it's easy to forget who was interviewed, not interviewed and why. We have a resource to refer back to even years later. It's especially helpful for when we have people re-apply months or years later.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Oracle Taleo
Oracle Taleo review by <span>Hilary M.</span>
Hilary M.

This is a very robust ATS with so much capability

What do you like best?

I love the OBI Reporting tool and all of the reporting functionality we have access to.

What do you dislike?

A majority of the user/configuration guides and help docs (Recruiting/OBI Reporting/Career Section/etc.) are extremely high level and are very hard to understand for a high level user that's the Systems Administrator. It feels like I'll never fully understand the entire system at all of its levels because that sort of knowledge requires further training and additional costs that not all companies will approve and pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research everything they have to offer and request demos so you can see all of the different features they have to offer in Taleo and how those features could benefit your company before writing anything off.

We utilize so much with the reporting tool to track every step of the process once our applicants submit their application. We can finally track everything from the candidate's workflow history to the Recruiter who hired that candidate or the Hiring Manager they interviewed with, etc.

We have a large applicant flow, job flow, a large amount of users, and a high volume of applicants to name a few, so we really need a system like Taleo that can keep up with us and fully support our needs, our processes and our growth.

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

Oracle Taleo review by <span>Katlyn K.</span>
Katlyn K.

WORST Software for job applications

What do you like best?

I do not like anything about this software.

What do you dislike?

Everything. It says my password is wrong when I know it isn't; it tells me I'm missing values when I click submit, but after clicking submit, all of my values disappear so I have to start over. It's seriously the worst software. The type is small and difficult to read, it says it takes things from your resume but it's all in the wrong places and doesn't make any sense. I hate, hate this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is awful. I purposefully avoid applying to jobs that use Taleo. It always says my password is wrong, even when I reset it. When I click submit but am missing items, all of my responses previously recorded disappear and I have to start over. I sincerely hate this software. It's terrible. it looks like something from the 1990s, and works just as well.

None it's awful software.

Oracle Taleo review by <span>Jennah Z.</span>
Jennah Z.
G2 Gives Campaign

Good for many things except user experience

What do you like best?

I like the reporting piece of the program. It accurately gives us the information needed when asked about number of roles open or candidates in process by other parts of the company. I also like that you can view resumes as an HTML without actually downloading them. This being said, the formatting could really use some work.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the interface. It's not extremely user friendly and takes too long to get anything done. In order to get an offer out to a candidate, it takes at like 14 clicks in the system. In other ATS' that I have used in the past, including greenhouse, things never took this long and were always much more straight forward. It is also tough to see candidates in process for other roles. Almost daily, we run into issues where we're speaking to a candidate and they mention they're already in process with us for another role. Lastly, I dislike how you need to add all passive candidates which triggers an email to them to create a login. This not only disrupts our system, but it also may scare off the candidate if they were barely interested in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your team sets up Taleo as best as possible. When first launching with the company, they take the time to set it up to your team's best liking. Make sure you spend the time to do this, otherwise it'll be useless.

Being a part of the recruiting team, I am helping to build out the business with the best talent possible. Using taleo, I have realized that the applicant facing side is decent. We have also benefitted from the reporting abilities.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Paper & Forest Products
User in Paper & Forest Products

Amazing functionality for hiring manager

What do you like best?

Just started to use Taleo and love how all my applicants, their details and the posting are all in one spot. I have the capability to be to view/review/pursue and reject applicants as needed without bothering my recruiter. Gives me much better access to quickly fill my role.

What do you dislike?

The way cover letters and resumes are attached and load. Would rather just see them expanded in a view then down load them. Also the "back" feature is not intuitive. If I have created a search should be cleaner to return to it (could be user error)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is VERY easy to use and intuitive. I'd highly recommend it. Get it into hiring managers hands as fast as you can!

Hiring people more quickly and efficiently and enabling hiring managers. This tool allows us to avoid the email me the resume/schedule the interview etc. etc steps. I am only using part of the possible functionality and was able to log in and start using it with ZERO training or help.

Oracle Taleo review by User in Printing
User in Printing

Worst HRIS

What do you like best?

I don't like anything about this HRIS product. It's clunky, the support is horrible, and isn't customization much at all. The nice thing we were able to do was coin it a different name to our employees to make it more geared towards out business.

What do you dislike?

It's clunky, the support is horrible, and isn't customization much at all. Daily tasks that should take no time at all take at least 3 times longer and don't expect your reporting to be accurate. The workflows aren't there and each time they do a release, it screws up the system or takes additional time for us to test.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider looking at different companies especially if you are spending more labor and time trying to make the system work. The cost might seem daunting to switch but in the end, it'll end up saving you time and money while creating a better and more accurate system.

We've done the opposite and created more problems with Oracle Taleo. In a market of other products, I would steer clear of this if you want to make your worklife easy.

Learning about Oracle Taleo?

* We monitor all Oracle Taleo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.