Oracle VM

4.0

Server Virtualization.

Work for Oracle VM?

Learning about Oracle VM?

Oracle VM Reviews

Ask Oracle VM a Question
Showing 23 Oracle VM reviews
Oracle VM review by Ghada B.
Ghada B.

"The best VM for easy and performed work"

What do you like best?

Oracle Virtual machine presents a lot of interesting features that I found useful:

- It is free to download

- Run on different platforms in Windows, MacOS and Linux

- Easy to setup

- Easy to use

- Performance is fast as compared to other solutions available

What do you dislike?

I can't really find anything that i dislike. Oracle VM is fulfilling all my needs as for now. Maybe, the only thing that bothered me was there is no drag and drop between host and guest machines, everything else was fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oracle is known for their great software like oracle VM. So i highly recommend Oracle Virtual machine to work with, it's a freeware tool, easy to set up and to use and it's fast compared to other VM.

I am currently working on it, I can virtualize any Linux OS, I create a virtual machines Linux in Windows, it save me lot of time and resources.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Oracle VM
Oracle VM review by Satish S.
Satish S.

"Nothing else can be more cost effective than Oracle VM"

What do you like best?

Oracle Virtual machine is cost effective solution for current generation integrated enterprise management. There are Oracle VM templates available for deployment. Hundreds of such pre-built deployment templates are available for different needs of applications. Performance is fast as compared to other solutions available. Since the Oracle is not charging for licensing at least for now, we have lots of savings when compared to the hardware approach.

What do you dislike?

For every freeware we see some negatives and same is the case with Oracle Virtual machine, but this is offset by the positives that are there. some of the drawbacks are lack of support. Complication in the setup of shared folders for guests is another hassle we are facing. Not all network cards are supported. If a host wants to automatically drag some folders into the guest desktop, its not easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cost effective. That's enough for any enterprise to consider.

Oracle Virtual Machine caters for rapid enterprise application deployment and simplify life cycle management.

What Server Virtualization solution do you use?

Oracle VM review by Andi L.
Andi L.

"I have had an okay experience with Oracle VM"

What do you like best?

Oracle VM is a good program because it runs on various different platforms, so you can use it with Windows, OS X, and I believe Linux as well. It also didn't hurt that Oracle VM is free to download.

What do you dislike?

The program is difficult to use, and took a long time for us to set up and get the hang of, which was frustrating. There is not a lot of training offered for the program, which is very inconvenient, especially when multiple people need to be trained. The management side of things also needs a lot of work in my opinion. As far as I know, they haven't updated Oracle VM since 2014, so I'm not quite sure what the story is with that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the funds to purchase something other then Oracle VM, I would suggest you do that. Like I said previously, I don't think it's been updated since 2014, so I don't know if the company is even trying to expand upon or improve this program. I would think not.

There unfortunately aren't many benefits that I have found from using Oracle VM. The biggest benefits have been that it was free and that I can use it with both OS X and Windows.

Oracle VM review by Tony W.
Tony W.

"Simple to boot and set up, and relatively responsive within the VM"

What do you like best?

I like the easy setup process of Oracle VM, only took me 2 hours to set it up from scratch and once launched, the VM did not crash very often.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the fact that when I ran the VM on my gaming laptop, my laptop suddenly gave a BSOD which was odd for me since I had never seen a BSOD on my laptop before. However, it ran fine when I launched it on my desktop PC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this product if you want a stable, easy to set up VM. Do not use this if you are unfamiliar with Oracle products in general.

I am building a photo sharing, critiquing, and competition website called PhotoShare. I've realized the benefits of using Oracle VM in that I can access my remote servers even from an external network such as when I am away traveling or on vacation.

Oracle VM review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"Easy to Use, When It Works"

What do you like best?

We use Oracle VM to support our website. Previously we were using Wordpress and this is a huge step up. The program allows me to host the website in October where I can manually manipulate my code instead of having to fight through a hard to navigate webpage.

Beyond the website, it's great because it connects my company for all our coding needs. Our team can work together on code from all over the world using this one program instead of resorting to multiple platforms.

What do you dislike?

As I don't have a background in engineering, the software can be hard for me to use. When it's working, it works great. When it crashes, I have to wait for our support team to fix it for me. I'm slowly learning how to fix common issues myself, but it takes time away from other work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Oracle VM works great for a team of software engineers but when setting up machines for non-engineering team members you will likely face problems and delays because of those problems. I would recommend do more work before implementation, creating help guides for all users.

The VM allows our team to collaborate across continents while using different computers (Macs & PCs) as well as different programs. It's saved us time and wasted energies in meetings.

Oracle VM review by Administrator

"High performance and availability"

What do you like best?

Before knowing Oracle VM, used other software market, but always we had difficulties of integration and performance. So I started to look for a solution of high perfomace and high scalability that was compatible with the internal policies of my company. Then I found the Oracle VM, so far the best choice I made in terms of virtualization.

What do you dislike?

not much dislike me in Oracle VM. Unfortunately what disturbs most is the documentation, my company is in Brazil and it is difficult to find qualified personnel in national territory. The documentation (fully in English) hinders the passage of knowledge, but nothing that would disrupt the use of the tool.

We use Oracle VM deployment process of our application. During the launch of a new version always occurred incompatibility issues in the production environment now launched an entire production environment thanks to Oracle VM Manager Web Services API. After all meets well our goals

Oracle VM review by Alexander P.
Alexander P.

"Powerful but complicated"

What do you like best?

Oracle VM Server is best used to virtualize other Oracle products. It is a pretty decent virtualization server based on Xen, and features fully tested and certified Oracle Applications stack for the enterprise environment.

What do you dislike?

Having used another Oracle's VM solution, VirtualBox (previously owned by Sun, though), I disliked the Oracle VM Manager user interface as it was too complicated. Maintenance is not as straightforward as with XenServer or even Microsoft Hyper-V.

The main benefit is reduced license costs. I didn't really look in it, but for Oracle ERP and/or DB it turns out to be cheaper than hosting them on other virtualization solutions.

Oracle VM review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Awesome Product - Speedy !"

What do you like best?

I personally like this VM as one can virtualized any linux OS. This VM doesn't lag or hang even if you virtualize 3-4 Linux machines. This is a freeware tool, that one can easily download and install on there personal machines

What do you dislike?

If you do like more than 4 Linux virtualization, this VM tend to lag. I assume that you have ample of RAM and space but still you will encounter a little delays, which can be overcome by loading lesser number of VMs at one moment

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I would highly recommend this software , as it is freeware there is no harm in trying, if you don't like you can anytime switch back to other paid VM. But, I would highly recommend to try it first

I have to run automation scripts on various Linux machines to verify the functionality of our business application

Oracle VM review by Ying Kit L.
Ying Kit L.

"Good usability."

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and straight forward. Pretty similar to the other Virtual Machines platform available.

What do you dislike?

You require to have a pre-requisite of VM knowledge and hands on experience in order to use Oracle VM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get some hands on experience and technical knowledge prior using VM. This will help you to enhance your development!

Configuring and managing VM. The benefits I'd realised is to enhancing my skills and knowledge.

Oracle VM review by Anibal S.
Anibal S.

"Day to day virtualization"

What do you like best?

A competetive virtualization product. Simple to use that does the job. It is designed to further abstract away the details of the platform. It doesn't need to provision storage or compute resources or anything like that. The resources are provisioned automatically, and scaling is handled by the system.

What do you dislike?

User interface is not very friendly or powerful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep working in the same direction. Don't alianeate users (like VMWare has done)

Software development. Local virtualization of target environments.

Oracle VM review by Maria R.
Maria R.

"Oracle VM user"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to create different virtual machines using this program

What do you dislike?

what I like least is that sometimes does not close properly, and the virtual machine must be turned on manually.

It helps me create a virtual machine Linux in a Windows environment

Oracle VM review by Yanzhong X.
Yanzhong X.

"Good, but can be better"

What do you like best?

easy install, powerful, scalable; PC or laptop, VM makes EBS installation in local PC possible

What do you dislike?

sometime unstable, taking too much memory; slowing host machine down drastically on and off

remote desktop, remote login, install EBS in laptop with VM

Oracle VM review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"Solves the purpose"

What do you like best?

I like that it is free, and can run on any platform without many issues. It is easy to use for the most part after you are set up ( setting it up is a big pain).

What do you dislike?

When I first started using it, it took me a while to set it up and get it up and running. Not the easiest to set up. Some of the features are not supported on certain platforms.

It lets me simulate certain workstations without me having to physically be at the machine, which is a huge advantage for my company since we have only a certain number of machines and 1000s of people are trying to use it at the same time. Saves us a lot of time, and resources.

Oracle VM review by Sobhan M.
Sobhan M.

"Nice Open Source VM"

What do you like best?

No need to worry about the licence. a Free product for the home user with the same feature of the commercial product.

What do you dislike?

None that I am aware but May need improvements on CLI.

Virtualization

Oracle VM review by Sudhindra G.
Sudhindra G.

"Use"

What do you like best?

They best virtual environment. One package for whole lot of work

What do you dislike?

not found one. I am a new user and I have not found any disadvantage till now

I am new

Oracle VM review by Cliff R.
Cliff R.

"Oracle VM is a great addition to the product suite"

What do you like best?

Running the VM takes much less resources on the running processors than other VM tools on the market

What do you dislike?

The run time licensing costs can be prohibitive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Costs are a big factor - at the end of the day you have to compare production level licenses versus just prototyping

Running development environments using a VM rather than middle tier server deployments

Oracle VM review by Jason T.
Jason T.

"Dqta"

What do you like best?

Quick east, intuitive, with easy to understand interface. Well worth the time spent

What do you dislike?

Sometimes could be a challenge,with a small amount ofmtraimimg. i wa up and running in no tiwe

Economic, pkanning, customer reach out. Steady and reliable process

Oracle VM review by Sowmya R.
Sowmya R.

"SR VM"

What do you like best?

Customer Support and features, Product Quality.

What do you dislike?

SR creation takes long and takes lot of time.

Working in co-ordination and multiple location and security

Oracle VM review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Great tool that supports rapid enterprise application development"

What do you like best?

Comes equipped with over 100 prebuilt Oracle templates ready for deployment. The enterprise support is great and comes at a very affordable cost.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of anything I dislike. Just an overall awesome tool!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! It really is a great, easy to use, and intuitive tool.

Application development.

Oracle VM review by User in Information Technology and Services

"its functional and very visual based"

What do you like best?

I like how it's point and click and it works with other programs quite well

What do you dislike?

The length of time the system is down for updates

billing

Oracle VM review by User in Financial Services

"Oracle Reliability, but cost"

What do you like best?

scalability of oracle provides for many use cases

What do you dislike?

cost of oracle would be the reason a switch away from oracle products would occur

Account Information

Oracle VM review by Internal Consultant in Financial Services
Internal Consultant in Financial Services

"OracleVM"

What do you like best?

user interface is interesting and easy to use

What do you dislike?

more Featuress need to be added to the application

we use it everyday for building environments

Oracle VM review by Ahmed S.
Ahmed S.

"Powerfull virtual machine"

What do you like best?

Oracle virtual machine is very easy to use and also it is not heavy in use comparing with other virtual machines in the market

What do you dislike?

I don't have any comments about it for now because I didn't use it for a long time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you will be satisfied. :)

Learning about Oracle VM?

* We monitor all Oracle VM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.