Oracle VM

Server Virtualization.

Work for Oracle VM?

Learning about Oracle VM?

Oracle VM Reviews

Showing 23 Oracle VM reviews
Oracle VM review by <span>Ghada B.</span>
Ghada B.

The best VM for easy and performed work

What do you like best?

Oracle Virtual machine presents a lot of interesting features that I found useful:

- It is free to download

- Run on different platforms in Windows, MacOS and Linux

- Easy to setup

- Easy to use

- Performance is fast as compared to other solutions available

What do you dislike?

I can't really find anything that i dislike. Oracle VM is fulfilling all my needs as for now. Maybe, the only thing that bothered me was there is no drag and drop between host and guest machines, everything else was fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oracle is known for their great software like oracle VM. So i highly recommend Oracle Virtual machine to work with, it's a freeware tool, easy to set up and to use and it's fast compared to other VM.

I am currently working on it, I can virtualize any Linux OS, I create a virtual machines Linux in Windows, it save me lot of time and resources.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Oracle VM
Oracle VM review by <span>Satish S.</span>
Satish S.

Nothing else can be more cost effective than Oracle VM

What do you like best?

Oracle Virtual machine is cost effective solution for current generation integrated enterprise management. There are Oracle VM templates available for deployment. Hundreds of such pre-built deployment templates are available for different needs of applications. Performance is fast as compared to other solutions available. Since the Oracle is not charging for licensing at least for now, we have lots of savings when compared to the hardware approach.

What do you dislike?

For every freeware we see some negatives and same is the case with Oracle Virtual machine, but this is offset by the positives that are there. some of the drawbacks are lack of support. Complication in the setup of shared folders for guests is another hassle we are facing. Not all network cards are supported. If a host wants to automatically drag some folders into the guest desktop, its not easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cost effective. That's enough for any enterprise to consider.

Oracle Virtual Machine caters for rapid enterprise application deployment and simplify life cycle management.

What Server Virtualization solution do you use?

Oracle VM review by <span>Andi L.</span>
Andi L.

I have had an okay experience with Oracle VM

What do you like best?

Oracle VM is a good program because it runs on various different platforms, so you can use it with Windows, OS X, and I believe Linux as well. It also didn't hurt that Oracle VM is free to download.

What do you dislike?

The program is difficult to use, and took a long time for us to set up and get the hang of, which was frustrating. There is not a lot of training offered for the program, which is very inconvenient, especially when multiple people need to be trained. The management side of things also needs a lot of work in my opinion. As far as I know, they haven't updated Oracle VM since 2014, so I'm not quite sure what the story is with that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the funds to purchase something other then Oracle VM, I would suggest you do that. Like I said previously, I don't think it's been updated since 2014, so I don't know if the company is even trying to expand upon or improve this program. I would think not.

There unfortunately aren't many benefits that I have found from using Oracle VM. The biggest benefits have been that it was free and that I can use it with both OS X and Windows.

Oracle VM review by <span>Tony W.</span>
Tony W.

Simple to boot and set up, and relatively responsive within the VM

What do you like best?

I like the easy setup process of Oracle VM, only took me 2 hours to set it up from scratch and once launched, the VM did not crash very often.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the fact that when I ran the VM on my gaming laptop, my laptop suddenly gave a BSOD which was odd for me since I had never seen a BSOD on my laptop before. However, it ran fine when I launched it on my desktop PC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this product if you want a stable, easy to set up VM. Do not use this if you are unfamiliar with Oracle products in general.

I am building a photo sharing, critiquing, and competition website called PhotoShare. I've realized the benefits of using Oracle VM in that I can access my remote servers even from an external network such as when I am away traveling or on vacation.

Oracle VM review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

Easy to Use, When It Works

What do you like best?

We use Oracle VM to support our website. Previously we were using Wordpress and this is a huge step up. The program allows me to host the website in October where I can manually manipulate my code instead of having to fight through a hard to navigate webpage.

Beyond the website, it's great because it connects my company for all our coding needs. Our team can work together on code from all over the world using this one program instead of resorting to multiple platforms.

What do you dislike?

As I don't have a background in engineering, the software can be hard for me to use. When it's working, it works great. When it crashes, I have to wait for our support team to fix it for me. I'm slowly learning how to fix common issues myself, but it takes time away from other work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Oracle VM works great for a team of software engineers but when setting up machines for non-engineering team members you will likely face problems and delays because of those problems. I would recommend do more work before implementation, creating help guides for all users.

The VM allows our team to collaborate across continents while using different computers (Macs & PCs) as well as different programs. It's saved us time and wasted energies in meetings.

Oracle VM review by Administrator

High performance and availability

What do you like best?

Before knowing Oracle VM, used other software market, but always we had difficulties of integration and performance. So I started to look for a solution of high perfomace and high scalability that was compatible with the internal policies of my company. Then I found the Oracle VM, so far the best choice I made in terms of virtualization.

What do you dislike?

not much dislike me in Oracle VM. Unfortunately what disturbs most is the documentation, my company is in Brazil and it is difficult to find qualified personnel in national territory. The documentation (fully in English) hinders the passage of knowledge, but nothing that would disrupt the use of the tool.

We use Oracle VM deployment process of our application. During the launch of a new version always occurred incompatibility issues in the production environment now launched an entire production environment thanks to Oracle VM Manager Web Services API. After all meets well our goals

Learning about Oracle VM?

* We monitor all Oracle VM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.