Oracle WebCenter Content

Oracle WebCenter is the user engagement platform for social business, connecting people and information. Stay up to date with product news, events & more.

Work for Oracle WebCenter Content?

Learning about Oracle?

Oracle WebCenter Content Reviews

Ask Oracle a Question
Showing 86 Oracle reviews
Oracle review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"Suitable for the non computer literate user"

What do you like best?

That you can access the webcenter from home as it's a cloud based program. You have to remember the website and your login credentials to log in from another device.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike is that when not inactive the system logs you off and you have to log in again which is time consuming. I totally understand that it’s for security reasons. It’s just very tedious.

With Oracle WebCenter we are solving security measures. Since it logs off after a few minutes from anyone using the system. In order for a person to view anything for the business you have login using your credentials. The benefits that I have using the WebCenter is that I can access all HR resources and that I can access them at work or from home. I can print out check stubs and view my check before receiving it. Also if I have any HR concerns everything is handled through the WebCenter as well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Oracle WebCenter Content
Oracle review by Ted S.
Ted S.

"A Great all-around software tool"

What do you like best?

The intranet web features are very flexible to the administrator. There are so many pre-built components and features to make a intranet site user friendly and secure. Automated backups can save you a lot of work and a very embarrassing mistake.

What do you dislike?

As graphics keep improving some are left to be desired. And the ability to add plug-ins from other Internet platforms are needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can make your intranet site user friendly and more convenient for the end user .

Allows a more comprehensive access portal to information with a group or team. It also allows to create group spaces eliminating the need to have a individual one for each, it solves confusion by integration.

What Knowledge Management solution do you use?

Oracle review by Prateek G.
Prateek G.

"Oracle WebCenter"

What do you like best?

As a web developer I used WebCenter for 6 months with a small group of colleagues, what I love about it are as follows:

1. Content Management.

2. Support of multiple sites.

3. The developer tools support was also an awesome feature.

4. The support we got from Oracle in the configuration and development was very good. (With more money comes good support. This product is really costly for small firms but the support you receive is very good.)

What do you dislike?

Price. Yeah this product is costly for small firms, I started using this with a bunch of colleges, no doubt its awesome software but the only reason we left using this product was the pricing, it was not at all feasible for few people to afford such high price software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The WebCenter contains some awesome tools for Web Content Management.

Product is very expensive to check if you can afford the product.

Needs high level of expertise to use this tool, so go for it only if you can use it effectively.

The customer support from orcale is really good, they will help you in configuring the product and in basic understanding of the product.

Need good Content Management, I think this is the best tool available out there in the market.

We had a company and worked as a freelancer, on different platforms like upwork, freelancer, guru, PPH, and WebCenter helped us make good Content Managment dashboards for the clients.

Some prototyping tools for front-end and this webcenter for back end were awesome tools and helped us do a very good business.

Oracle review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Oracle Review"

What do you like best?

I like that oracle can be used for our WBS (work breakdown structure) and can be used for PT's (project and tasks) to easily navigate and use. we also use Oracle for Procurement which is very user friendly!

What do you dislike?

the reliability of this product. sometimes it is hard to get in, or will shut down at random times. i have to close and open and lose work time this way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

stick with this product and make sure you have the right support. customization is key and can make your work life so much easier once it is made for you correctly. just make sure you dont overload the system because it can crash but just be patient.

how to make efficiency using this product for purchasing and continuously improving the process. we are also realizing it has become a one-stop place to manage our work breakdown and project structure.

Oracle review by Josh C.
Josh C.

"Best Oracle Product for WebCenter"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy this software is to use and how it has almost zero bugs in the system. They just released a new feature and it made the product event better.

What do you dislike?

With any Oracle product price is always an issue and they like to upsell and cross-sell their software so you end up spending a lot more money than you budgeted for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If price is not an issue for you then this is the product for you as this is one of the best products but it is very expense so watch out for that. They will also charge you maintenance fees and renewal fees which is pretty standard in this space.

We are trying to find a place on the cloud where we can store all of our data in a place that is secured and easy to access.

Oracle review by André B.
André B.

"Un logiciel complexe mais fort utile pour la gestion web."

What do you like best?

Il est vrai que dès la première utilisation on est vite séduit par le logiciel. Le serveur développé par Ambrose et Resnikoff avait des caractéristiques cachées, comme la possibilité de l'étendre en modifiant un « dispatcher » et un « handler » pour différents types de messages. Pasker persuada Ambrose de lui envoyer le code source du serveur, et Pasker l'étendit pour que des applets puissent faire des requêtes SNMP et ping.

À partir de ce moment, les fondateurs travaillèrent ensemble à ce qui allait devenir le premier.

What do you dislike?

Le manque de réactivité du service technique est un vrai manque dans cette solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trouver d'autres alternatives en cas de doute sur la première utilisation du logiciel.

simplifie l'Administration

améliore la gestion des Certificats and clés

améliore la sécurité

permet l'administration de HTTP Server depuis la console d'Admin WebSphere

est compatible avec le Framework Web Services Resource et WS-BusinessActivity (WS-BA)

est compatible avec JSR160 JMX Remote Connections

ajoute Administrative Console Jython Command Assistance

améliore le scripting ; cette version a vu le début de l'obsolescence de la syntaxe Jacl

permet des servants 64-bit et comprend HTTP Server pour z/OS fondé sur Apache

est compatible avec la technologie EJB 3.0 et la compatibilité avec des standards de webservices est fournie par l'EJB feature pack et les webservices feature packs. Les Fonctions dans les webservices feature pack comprennent :

Asynchronous programming model (Limited functional support)

Multiple Payload structures

StAX (Streaming API for XML)

Oracle review by Vikrant K.
Vikrant K.

"Powerful tool for content management"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and custom component development. The feature of Library services which includes full-text

search, check-in or check-out, and version control. The extension of IBR server which can be used for converting the wide range of documents from one type of document to others and web viewable format is excellent feature. The extension of WebCenter Imaging have also gained a significant market in accounts payable domain. It have good integration with SOA component for workflow integration. It have good integration points with ERP systems like EBS.

What do you dislike?

It could have been made more intuitive when it comes to administrative control panel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is really powerful content management product. The Oracle support is terrible when it comes to iDoc scripting or custom development. If you use OOTb features, it works smooth

Managing invoice images for WebCenter Imaging solution

Oracle review by Cassondra J.
Cassondra J.

"Oracle Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate. Every document needed for training is there and able to view easily. We use this for training purposes so incoming hires are able to navigate themselves through the self taught training.

What do you dislike?

The database looks a little dated, so it could use updating.

This application allows us to access training materials as well as policy and procedure manuals easily.

Oracle review by Ashish G.
Ashish G.

"Oracle WebCenter"

What do you like best?

This is a great record life cycle management tool which provides easy platform for company wide record record management system with large number of document files like word, pdf, etc., processing previous data as well. It provides robust content management repository which scales easily with large amount of data management needs.

What do you dislike?

The user interface especially with IDE does not provide much options for configuration and is available with no modern techniques like- very less drag and drop options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very good record management system tool with additional facility of Image processing and water-marking and robust record management deals or provide scope for future data as well.

We provide services to our employees for managing thousands of documents between them for internet and non-internet use. This is required between many available enterprises in different locations and with its web service API it provides third party tool integration as well.

Oracle review by Roberta J.
Roberta J.

"Oracle (Web Content)"

What do you like best?

Full of information from a support knowledge base to customer portals and provides a way to connect with other users of Java content.

What do you dislike?

Java tends to break after constant use and seems like it always needs some sort of repair.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best thing about the WebCenter is that you have so much information that you can find in a single place and everything is sorted according to its content.

Just about everything needs a java plug-in to function correctly so we really have no choice but to incorporate Java in our environment.

Oracle review by Richard M.
Richard M.

"one of the most robust content managers (CMS) in the market. I love it"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this CMS is that it is highly customizable and is easily adaptable to any company, regardless of its business.

What do you dislike?

I think it can improve costs for small businesses and independents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended. One of the best CMS on the market I recommend to all companies and customers in the community.

I installed this CMS to a client and I am satisfied with all the different functionalities of this platform, the speed of this CMS is also really impressive!

Oracle review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Outdated Technology"

What do you like best?

We can store all sorts of information and can look up accounts based on a number of different credentials. It is customizable to each department and not one department has access to everything in the database.

What do you dislike?

The user-interface is incredibly outdated. Accessing any kind of information is a hassle if I need a list that isn't readily available to me. Our entire company has to special request any lists we need from our IMT support department because the software is so outdated it can't handle any one employee doing it on their own. The system crashes so consistently, that the entire organization has decided that it is unreliable. It is incredibly difficult to find information sometimes because things one would thing should be one place, are actually attributed to an entirely different category. When we decided to use Oracle, we hired a designated person to work out all the bugs and to run interference for the organization. While this is understandable for most companies, we had a point person for this for ten years. I'm no genius, but I think that might be excessive.

We interact with our customers and record data over a period of years for each customer. The benefits are few, though there are some. Under each customer there are a couple dozen tabs that are semi-easily customizable. These house data we collect from the customer.

Oracle review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Oracle Web Center Content Helps Integrate CMS For Client Websites"

What do you like best?

I worked closely with my VP of Technology at my agency to review CMS options for our clients. We reviewed competitors such as Capterra and Search Optics but ultimately decided on Oracle based on the user interface, pricing structure and ease of integration with Word Press.

What do you dislike?

The main function we use Oracle for is templatizing, drafting and publishing webpages for our client. Overall we have been relatively satisfied but have little comparison since we only reviewed demos from competitors before we opted to select Oracle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall the price isn't as high as other Oracle products, and so far has met our needs. I would recommend you at least take a look at Oracle if you're in the market for a CMS tool.

One of our key clients has a WordPress site where they wanted to be able to constantly update and publish new webpages, but given their stringent IT team we needed a third party solution that could allow us to draft, preview and then publish content to their site.

"Work-Home Access"

What do you like best?

It works so-so with Mac products but it does allow me to access my work information at home which is a huge plus; especially since my company utilizes Microsoft programs. I think it is great for large organizations with employees who are rather engaged.

What do you dislike?

It seems to lag a little when you are working with the program. The layout is not that nice looking; I think they could really improve on the appearance to make it more appealing and "clean."

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good product if you want your employees to be engaged but I would not say that it is top of the line.

I am able to do work at home. It allows me to access what I need to from work at home without any issue. The other benefits consist of allowing me to access the Microsoft programs on my Apple product. It seems to solve the issue of employee involvement in the work place, outside of a specific role.

Oracle review by User in Financial Services

"It provides users a more secure and efficient means to consume information and interact with apps"

What do you like best?

One of WebCenter Site's greatest strengths (and dangers) is and always has been its extensibility and flexibility. You can do just about anything with the platform. I've integrated it with video encoding, mobile delivery and messaging platforms like Tibco Rendezvous, written custom ingestion software to import twenty thousand pieces of content a day and used it purely as a content repository to be interrogated by custom applications.

What do you dislike?

It's so open ended from a design point of view, it's also possible to make some particularly bad decisions if you don't have the right information and know-how.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most usefully of all it allows you to create a language fall-back strategy so that, for example, if a piece of content is not available in Swiss French, it would look for a Standard French version and, failing that, an English version.

There are also language packs allowing the Editorial interface to be rendered in a number of languages.

WCS is commonly deployed with a configuration which includes Satellite Servers. These are essentially a distributed caching mechanism which store and assemble "pagelets," or elements of output. These Satellite Servers also sit on an application server, but have no database -- they are memory and disk based only. They add a cheaper scaling alternative for handling large quantities of traffic.

To put that into perspective, I've recently worked on a project running on a 60 plus server cluster serving up to 250 million page views a month.

Oracle review by Flavio S.
Flavio S.

"oracle webcenter is foundamental for the modern user experience"

What do you like best?

It really like Oracle WebCenter, is the interaction between different elements: sites, portal and content. Users can share information in the various processes. This is great for business, once implemented in the company it's easy to develop.

Users can create a dashboard to view and manage shared data, you often have to work in a common project, this means that the work is very easy and quick.

Requires a very accurate initial configuration, administrators must understand very well the needs of the customer.

What do you dislike?

in Italian companies are mostly small, 5- 50 workers. The WebCenter Suite version costs a lot for small Italian company. for this reason it is difficult to implement this solution. Companies often do not want to spend money to implement this software. The market is limited to large companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the software offers many tools to accomplish specific customer requirements.

It is a very effective tool. For administrators it is recommended a test phase to be able to use it in the best way.

The community has a lot of content, the support provided by oracle has always been very professional. Any ticket is resolved in a short time, this is very important for a recent software like oracle web center.

I have implemented this software in a consulting company. the benefits have been significant. users can collaborate and maximize productivity. workers could work better. the configuration was not easy for IT administrators. the result is excellent.

Oracle review by R Scott V.
R Scott V.

"Smart, Intelligent tool that is highly recommended"

What do you like best?

I work across many departments--sales, marketing, IT just to name a few. This tool allows us to collaborate and keeps us organized on the same goal.

What do you dislike?

Often experience a lag in response time. Could be my browser, but it's often slow even after I reboot my PC.

I'd say the main plus is that it keeps the entire team on track. We have our goals and daily items to do and this keeps us focused and going in the right direction.

Oracle review by Jose E.
Jose E.

"Oracle WebCenter"

What do you like best?

I liked how they made everything easy to you. The company I worked with had a hard time with Content Management. Later on they got OracleWebCenter service, and now I can say is the best Content Management Environment I've seen. When you hire this service, they give you a VPS(CPU) that will assure all your information will be safe and in the cloud. Production, Stating, Testing, Development, and Publishing your product is now very easy.

What do you dislike?

When I was told the cost of the product, my mouth fell to the floor. This is very, very, very expensive. Besides, this product is not easy to understand. We had to read multiple times the documentation, and even contact Oracle for a better explanation of some tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a business owner and wish to get a Content Management Environment, then consider a lot the economic part. It's a very expensive investment.

Our department had it very hard to share files and documents. This product changed it all. Now everything is organized, we can even interconnect with other departments, and still have everything organized. We have a log where we can see every process that has been executed on the system. If a file goes missing, we know exactly why and how.

Oracle review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Oracle"

What do you like best?

What I really like about Oracle is using the product is extremely easy to view my paycheck, my benefits, my time off, etc, in one place. It's user friendly, set up nicely so I can navigate the different sections easily, and without being trained on it by anyone, I was able to figure out how to use the program very quickly. I like how all my pay stubs are stored on Oracle so I don't have to print them and save paper, but they're always there.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes. I enjoy the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this system which is much easier than others.

We are using Oracle for our Peoplesoft Programs to show payments, benefits, etc. I have realized that the system is very user friendly for all of our staff, I never hear complaints about using it.

Oracle review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Easier Over Time"

What do you like best?

What I like best about this program is that it's easy. Navigating the site is easy because the layout if user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it times you out when you are using it. Even while I'm actively using it, it will time me out and unless I saved my work, all is lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great resource for expense reports and timecards (the ones I use on the daily).

I mostly use Oracle for expense reports. I do reports for over 30 people and it helps us stay organized and in the loop. Some of the benefits for using this program is that all their transactions are there, I can submit on their behalf and approval on their end is easy and I can track the status of the report as it moves through the approval and payment process.

Oracle review by Consultant in Real Estate
Consultant in Real Estate

"A very complex CMS, yet easily navigable"

What do you like best?

As with many CMS functionalities, they can be very difficult to assess and understand. However, Oracle Web Center is easy to navigate, and one gets used to the functionality complexities, the platform is easier to use and navigate. However, I really enjoy the rich text editor of this CMS, and it's easy to use interface.

What do you dislike?

The complexity of the program, and the constant crashing of the program. Due to the difficulty of all the components that are available with this program, sometimes the platform has constant crashes. It's not always user-friendly. Also, because of how much content the CMS holds, it takes a long time to load

Recommendations to others considering the product

Familiarize yourself with Adobe and Oracle, including other CMS platforms to compare rich text editors, including the various interfaces they provide.

Business problems that we are solving are strategic results across all web-based platforms, and the benefits realized are seamless transformation, better interface, and easier to use and edit.

Oracle review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to work with, Simple"

What do you like best?

Development is very easy. You can maintain data very easily. I have used Content management and Portal to develop portal for our renowned client.

Best part I can say designing and developing new portal was very easy, which I found very difficult and time consuming while working with other technologies.

What do you dislike?

Some time it was difficult to understand few functionality. As I was new to this product. But my colleagues' support helped me to understand better.

One more thing I want to highlight: Oracle support is terrible. Whenever I raised request for support did not get proper solution for it.

Another thing I dislike is, I wanted to use bootstrap while working on one on my requirements. in portal development I don't know any option available to use any third party CSS or any third party JS. That was very frustrating experience for me.

I used WCM and Portal for development and maintenance purpose. Creating portal is done by just few clicks.

Normally I have working in Java technology also. If I compare time to develop same then undoubtedly Oracle Web center will be best.

Oracle review by Abhishek C.
Abhishek C.

"Oracle Webcenter Sites (Fatwire)"

What do you like best?

1) Content Centric Approach against the Page Centric approach of other WCM products

2) Multiple site support

3) Flexibility of template design

4) Mobile support with auto device detection and option of disabling it, which keeps you in control of choosing approach suitable for your need

5) Vanity URLs support

6) Developer tools support

7) Support for Java based custom coding for dynamic features

8) Wide range of Personalization support

9) Scalability

10) Robustness

What do you dislike?

1) Applet usage in admin which sometimes fails to load

2) Lack of Salesforce like object management wizard for building assets

3) Dependency on asset attribute synching which makes synching process very cumbersome

4) Lack of continuous integration support for syncing which needs manual efforts

5) Caching has some issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please get your business requirements of WCM before you start looking at any product. This product has many things which you may or may not need. So before investing please get the parameters ready on which you are making decision of buying a WCM product.

1) We have many brands websites and with this product it is very efficient to build and maintain those websites

2) The features of this product helps to generate leads for our business, e.g. Vanity URLs for better SEO, Mobile ready websites, Personalized websites experience, Social Media Integration etc.

Oracle review by MOHAMMED A.
MOHAMMED A.

"Very useful CMS portal"

What do you like best?

It has many uses like invoice processing and content depository. Very easy to retrieve documents and to control them and check them in and out.

What do you dislike?

It takes long time to learn how to use it and how to use different invoice styles. OCR was used to recognize invoices, we had to manually intervene to correct some of the fields.

organize invoices and control documents.

Oracle review by Christina H.
Christina H.

"Oracle WebCenter Content Review"

What do you like best?

I have been very pleased with this software as the ease of use throughout the lifespan of the client is unlike many of its competitors on the market.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were more options when it comes to records management and what files we are to keep track of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It far exceeds any other products in its market and I would recommend it to anyone looking for this type of product.

I have definitely been able to reap more benefits than losses from this program including: the vast document management and data sharing platforms.

"Oracle"

What do you like best?

It is very interactive and user friendly. We use it at work all the time and I feel as though it is useful for all levels of experience as well as age levels.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes freezes the computers that you are on, typically if you are using it remotely. It also seems sometimes to not work very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the demos prior to buying so that you are sure it is right for your company

We use oracle in the health care setting, uploading data into a cloud so that it can be used for all health care employers when accessing patients health care information to allow for integrative care for all health care professionals taking care of the person in question.

Oracle review by Amanda F.
Amanda F.

"quarks"

What do you like best?

the versatility.at the time of the implementation i understood Oracle it have focused mainly on employee data but the college used it not only to manage instructor work load but also their classes

What do you dislike?

there are usually little quarks that one must lean to navigate by trayal and error

Recommendations to others considering the product

perhaps stream lining the interface would allow for better ease of viewing data

I used this as an admin for a college and found it to be very good at organizing data. the problems were solved for miss information like mixing up intructors

Oracle review by Paul B.
Paul B.

"Architect and administrator for a WebCenter implementation"

What do you like best?

WebCenter is a development platform for providing web based forms and methodologies for presenting searches and data retrieval in an appealing form. I particularly liked the scalability and the integration features that WebCenter had with the backend data platforms.

We only used s a limited number of the features of WebCenter. We did not take advantage of communities, email, etc. But, we used WebCenter successfully to provide a full featured Web Interface to analyst to query and retrieve data using content management, access to the backend data, and the ADF platform for presentation.

Oracle really supported us with the development, configuration, and correct sizing of WebCenter since it

What do you dislike?

WebCenter was only one of the Oracle products used in providing a Web based solution for our analyst. There were many other Oracle products we had to use for authentication and authorization. Administering and integration the product with other components was not simple. It required a very skilled set of developers and engineers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It requires skilled people. Getting skilled engineers is very important in the success of the product. An engineer must have Application Server experience, ADF experience, and a good background in the web.

Providing on line tools for analyst to retrieve and analyze data. There were no automated techniques prior to our solution.

Oracle review by James N.
James N.

"Content Management uses for WebCenter"

What do you like best?

As a Portal admin, I've built several Portals for various LoBs and find customizing each Portal quite easy. The process is not overly technical and even those without technical acumen can likely build a Portal with practice. Oracle has easy-to-use generic Portal training documentation and if needed, other materials can easily found online.

What do you dislike?

While WebCenter integrates social media attributes into content management, it hasn't been a very popular or useful feature for our enterprise. Users also become confused with the difference between notifications and subscriptions. This requires more training so users use the feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Product licenses are quite expensive, so it is something to consider when considering WebCenter vs. other products.

We have built custom workflow for document management, so users receive notifications when a document is ready for review, has been rejected, etc. The workflow is exactly the same as what was used before WebCenter implementation and the users acclimated well.

Oracle review by Bo F.
Bo F.

"Oracle WebCenter Review"

What do you like best?

I like its Social Networking Services most, which enables users to maximize productivity through collaboration.

People Connection, Discussions, Announcements, Blog, and Wiki and so on...

What do you dislike?

Currently no. But if I have to say one, I would say the installation and configuration of WebCenter is a little bit difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oracle WebCenter contains a set of components for building rich web applications, portals, and team collaboration/social sites. Oracle WebCenter is targeted at enterprise and larger accounts that have significant content management requirements and the need to deliver that information with internal or external portals, customer-facing websites or within integrated business applications. Oracle has made a particular effort to integrate WebCenter into its leading business applications such as E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft and JD Edwards so that content can be centrally managed in one location and shared across multiple applications. For the development community and advanced business users, WebCenter provides a development environment that includes WebCenter Framework and WebCenter Services along with an out-of-the-box application for team collaboration and enterprise social networking. According to Oracle, this is the strategic portal product, eventually replacing Oracle Portal as well as the portal products acquired from BEA.

As mentioned above,

People Connection enables users to assemble their business networks like linked-in

Discussions provides the ability to create and participate in threaded discussion. This is an embedded version of Forums provided by Jive Software.

Announcements enables users to post, personalize, and manage announcements.

Blog enables blogging functionality within the context of an application.

Oracle review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"FatWire - solid, adaptable CMS - good for managing several sites."

What do you like best?

FatWire is relatively easy to use and good for managing large volumes of content. Its adaptability and ease in adding additional functionality is good for the enterprise-level use we need. We maintain a variety of websites via FatWire. Learning the product can be a bit challenging but once you understand the layout and page organization it is pretty simple. The interface for those who don't know HTML make it easy to make changes, but you can also easily switch back to HTML for more complex coding.

What do you dislike?

Not a fan usually of Java-based systems, there always seem to be issues/problems with Java updates. The front-end user interface (not HTML) could be more robust, with more options. It could also be more visually friendly, it is definitely set up for the advanced user. Templates are relatively confining in terms of adding one-off landing pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other easier and more user-friendly options for beginner CMS users and those who have only 1 website to maintain.

We update our web content. It is good for standard content changes and some images in a template. Not a lot of flexibility outside of our web template and we need a coder to do special updates.

Oracle review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Coming along"

What do you like best?

When it works, I can research check payments to find details. I can search by check number or MICR number, etc. It will bring up each page scanned by the bank and uploaded.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the same page of invoice will show multiple times because they list each invoice as a different page. We also had issues with the scanned pages showing in a highlighter green color.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure what other similar products are available to compare this to. This system could use improvements/I have found breaks in it.

It is a central location to find information that is used to do several different jobs on different teams. I use it to audit cash applications

Oracle review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"I was not the biggest fan of this product."

What do you like best?

I thought that Oracle was pretty great with what we needed to use it for, but it always felt like we were always just slightly off from what the full product could do.

What do you dislike?

It was buggy and liked to glitch out in the middle of interactions with end users. Any time I would go to use it, I would have to log in, log out, or completely reboot my computer just to use the program itself.

We aren't, we switched programs. It saved us a lot of money, but the program we switched to was way worse than Oracle. We realized that we probably should have just stuck it out with Oracle.

Oracle review by User in Higher Education

"Student Database Management System"

What do you like best?

The student database management system we used was based in Oracle. The system made it easy to look up student information. There were ample users on campus which allowed us to learn from each other. Each office used the system in a different capacity.

What do you dislike?

It was difficult to sometimes process payments, but that was not my daily function so it may have partially been user-error. It would have been nice to have additional training opportunities to make sure we were adequately utilizing the services available through the platform.

Oracle is a way to share student information across various people and offices.

Oracle review by Consultant in Retail
Consultant in Retail

"Oracle is the best for e-commerce!"

What do you like best?

Being able to optimize the experience for end users by providing personalization to content, making content much more relevant and engaging to customers.

What do you dislike?

The program can be tedious to manage from development perspective.

This program has solved problems that we were having with the customers getting confused on our website, and has since helped show an increase in sales.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

Very User friendly, Our company uses this.

What do you dislike?

Seems somewhat clunky, it could be a bit more streamlined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great program to use, has been very good for our company, we utilize many of the oracle services.

This program is utilized for our company's HR division, allowing paycheck viewing, job transfers, Benefits decisions, and demographic changes for personal information.

Oracle review by User in Higher Education

"EDC Use for Clinical Research"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and contact support if assistance is required

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it takes a very long time for updates to be made to the system

I use Oracle for data collection for research trials

Oracle review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good product, totally recommended for managing docs"

What do you like best?

Robust content repository. It provides strong access and security control. It provides functionality to customise workflows that allows to accommodate any clients' requirements. Fast and Scales well. Web Center content is good solution.

What do you dislike?

Its user interface is not that much appealing, oracle must work on it. It needs more visual and modern user interface.

We need to manage thousands of docs in different formats for our multiple clients. We used Oracle UCM for managing those docs. We need to restrict access according to user role. This product provides good access control mechanism for roles and permissions to be managed.

Oracle review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"webcenter suite of products lets you collaborate, manage your stuff with ease !"

What do you like best?

Webcenter portal is one of the best collaborative tool, it lets you collaborate your clients within your organization.

Webcenter content management system, also known as UCM (universal content management) this lets you organize documents in a feasible way. UCM lets you maintain revisions of document with an easiest way.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes getting support for this product becomes hefty, but they do provied bug fixes on time which does not effect your business.

Webcenter portal saves time in building portals in lesser time and Enterprise content management helps you manage thousands of documents with ease in turn saving time and increasing profit.

Potals have options to create announcement and forums to socialize within the organisation.

Data from the Content management can be rendered on portals using site studio contributor. Hence we can customize content on portals using different content presenters.

Oracle review by User in Higher Education

"Functional without any sort of flash"

What do you like best?

Once you know what you're doing, it becomes easy to navigate. However, I rely heavily on bookmarks to get me where I know I need to go.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to use the back button on the browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll need a team of experts in your business or on your campus who can train new employees and also help existing employees gain access to new portals as the needs arise. We have monthly training opportunities available to either gain access or refresh certain skills.

I use this to monitor student data.

Oracle review by Joanette M.
Joanette M.

"Oracle WebCenter"

What do you like best?

Using WCC in the Corporate instance, I like how it was easy to use out of the box. The desktop integrator worked flawlessly as well as the web-portal. It’s easy to upload data, manage content and find it through search.

What do you dislike?

Currently I have not had any issues with Oracle's WebCenter.

At the time, I was solving the business problem of being able to store enterprise content in a single repository and be able to search said content. I have realized that WCC does exactly what I needed and was a benefit to the company.

Administrator in Financial Services

"Oracle WCS - Content Management tool for complex websites scalable and extendable to mobile devices"

What do you like best?

Ability to support content variations for site based on its locale. Multi-lingual public web sites can be released with few configuration updates and content translations.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is in detail. However, some parts of the documentation are not in sync with the latest version features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will take several months to get used to the framework, terminology and proprietary tags. So, if you are a new user of the system, patience and perseverance will help realize its value over the time. This tool is suitable for building and supporting complex multiple websites.

Working on consolidating and redesigning websites that can respond and deliver content to various devices. The platform provides tools and supports reusable and extendable components that help in support and maintenance of sites.

Oracle review by User in Higher Education

"Great and Useful Content Management Tool!"

What do you like best?

The overall tool had wonderful content. Once I am able to find what I need, the descriptions are very applicable to do the work that I am doing.

What do you dislike?

I really didn't like the layout of the overall tool. I found it confusing to navigate at times.

I was trying to create a report and navigate the procedures within the tool for a committee I am on at our institution.

Administrator in Financial Services

"Mostly positive experience with Oracle Webcenter"

What do you like best?

The underlying architecture of this product is superb. Oracle acquired the software from another company about six years ago; the original developers designed a fast, efficient, customizable system. Actual content resides on a file system, with metadata and indices maintained in a database.

Moving content is very straightforward - you can easily archive/migrate groups of documents between servers (e.g., if you have a headquarters and business continuity site, both locations can be live at the same time.

Searching is fast when properly configured.

The product is extraordinarily stable - it will run for months without requiring a service restart.

What do you dislike?

After Oracle's acquisition of the software, IIS was removed as a viable option for the application server. Weblogic is the necessary platform, and it can be difficult to establish authentication (single sign on) between active directory (in a Windows environment, obviously) and the ECM product. Some documentation for this implementation is available, but support is generally not, unless one enages in some form of consulting services.

The interface between Microsoft Office software and the application server is established via an Office add-on. When new versions of browsers or the JRE are released, the linkage between the two can slow down or break. It can be very frustrating to keep the versions of the various components in sync.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider difficulties in integrating this product on a Windows network.

The content management system has been very effective in enabling us to organize company documents by group/department. Locating documents is fast and easy. Establishing a link between servers at remote sites makes it easy to maintain live backups.

Oracle review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"OWCC Review"

What do you like best?

OWCC is a nice Document Management software. The features like managing and classifying documents as per predefined Security levels, Webapps for Admin users and Desktop suite for all users

What do you dislike?

the user interface is not so intuitive, It requires little initial training for users to start using the system. Administration of OWCC requires little learning curve and also not so easy unlike any other open source systems.

Maintaining the Enterprise wide Documents and supporting the users on a day to day issues

Oracle review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Program works for what we needed"

What do you like best?

Multiple staff on research project were able to share and analyze necessary data. The program protected our data and also allowed us access to the data without using a network computer. We also believed that the data was protected.

What do you dislike?

The program sometimes had some lagging problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend users to have patience. Sometimes the program runs slow. I have found that reconnecting at a later time will improve connection speeds.

We were using the program for a research study.

Oracle review by Shlomo R.
Shlomo R.

"Webcenter flexibility "

What do you like best?

I love how flexible this platform is. You can really do just about everything with it.

What do you dislike?

How expensive it is. Perpetual licenses, not including Oracle support, will cost 6 figures per year.

I mostly used it as a content repository.

"it works fine"

What do you like best?

I don't really have a choice. it is the system that my University uses

What do you dislike?

works very slow, and is difficult to use

connecting with students

Oracle review by Stephanie N.
Stephanie N.

"Oracle"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to navigate, I never got lost.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the look of it is so out dated.

We use it for HR purposes, viewing time sheets and pay stubs

Oracle review by Kevin S.
Kevin S.

"A stable platform for both generic content and webcenter platform"

What do you like best?

We have been using WebCenter for several years. For WebCenter Content, we have implemented many applications and customizations on top of it. We enjoys its rich features of content sharing, conversion and its capabilities to do customization etc. On WebCenter sites, its promotion/segmentation features are also very good and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Digital marketing. Search engine optimization

Content platform, web content management and consolidation

Oracle review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"Oracle"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Information is all in one place.

What do you dislike?

Output may be awkward. Sometimes I need to run more than one report to find the information I am seeking.

Accessibility to information. Saves time and human capital as information is easy to find and people don't have to stop what they are doing to share reports and forms. Individuals can easily find what they are looking for using the software.

Oracle review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"WebCenter has been a challenge to learn, customize, and to accurately manage documents."

What do you like best?

WebCenter software appears to be stable and able to handle a large number of documents. Document contribution is straight forward through either the browser or Oracle Desktop Integration Suite. The Archiver tool is useful when making meta-data changes to a large number of documents.

What do you dislike?

WebCenter customizations are not intuitive and require coding in the proprietary IDOCS language. Contributing documents through the browser lacks immediate feed back preventing the user from contributing a second copy of the document. Oracle Document Scanning for contribution of scanned documents is difficult to configure, doesn't always recognize blank or separator pages, is not entirely stable generating errors which result in partial batch submission and duplicate contribution of documents. Software upgrades are difficult to install and certification of latest DB platforms is not up-to-date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before implementation, be prepared for an extensive learning curve as WebCenter cannot be mastered with a single Oracle training class because it is so complex and multifaceted. IDOCS language training and Java script expertise is beneficial for customization. Plan on researching alternatives to Oracle Document Scanning for contribution of scanned documents as it is not entirely stable generating errors at times that result in partial batch submission and duplicate documents. WebCenter also lacks a tool to deploy web content from the staging environment to the production environment, however, inexpensive third party tools exist and work well for this task.

WebCenter is used to record documents for the construction permitting process. These documents are available both in-house and to the public through an in-house web app. WebCenter is also used to manage the public web site content from multiple in-house contributors

Oracle review by Ashwini P.
Ashwini P.

"Oracle WebCenter Content Review"

What do you like best?

Oracle WebCenter Content management is easy to understand, easy to use and maintain.

What do you dislike?

UI needs improvement & cost is slightly on a higher side.

I have used Oracle WebCenter Content for multiple clients as it is easy to maintain.

Oracle review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Managed Expectations with steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

WCS has to be one of the most flexibile CMS systems on the market. The flexibility combined with the integration with the other suites of Oracle Middleware products make it a relative no-brainer for a company looking to deploy a new solution or update their exisitng solution.

What do you dislike?

Due to the flexibility, WCS requires a very steep learning curve and resources to properly implement. It is imperative that anyone looking to deploy WCS partner with an Oracle Gold Partner to properly establish what they are looking for in the final product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have a properly validated roadmap of where you wish to go with the product.

Worked for a 3rd Party provide that solved client business problems ranging from archaic look and feel to document management.

Oracle review by Matthew J.
Matthew J.

"Great software for centralized content"

What do you like best?

It is a great place to share information with employees across the board.

What do you dislike?

Could be a little more organized in grouping content together.

Allowing all of our employees to acces content.

Oracle review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Typical Oracle Record Solution for Content Management"

What do you like best?

It's nice being able to manage both existing and future paper and electronic records. However as with most oracle solutions it looks straight from the stone age and the interface is dated. If you don't have lots of records to keep then I would look into a different management system.

What do you dislike?

The interface is way beyond dated looking.

The benefits are being able to manage many types of files and also mass quantities.

Oracle review by Ranjeet T.
Ranjeet T.

"Webscenter spaces"

What do you like best?

runtime editing, UCM. the collaboration piece is pretty good.

What do you dislike?

heavy framework, a few product bugs. ADF based GUI

Recommendations to others considering the product

WebCenter Spaces are pretty simple to manage.

Corporate space, customer portal, content managemnt

Oracle review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Great"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use with the software and the cross compatibility

What do you dislike?

It's outdated for our business need and requires work arounds to produce what we truly need

Analytics

Oracle review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"Oracle WebCenter Content Review"

What do you like best?

The de-duplication aspect is awesome. Clutter is something I hate and when it comes to really organizing in the workplace, this system helps tremendously.

What do you dislike?

Collaborative document editing is this system's downfall. I have to use GoogleDocs to really get collaboration on a certain workplace document.

Web Content Management---maintaining a clean website with manageable, thought-provoking content. The Records life-cycle management ability is awesome, we've never had that before!

Oracle review by RAHUL S.
RAHUL S.

"webcenter's support from r muktiple sites makes my life wasier as a web developer"

What do you like best?

supporting multiple sites

ease of use

awesome support from oracle

very few / no bugs

What do you dislike?

price is the major concern

ps this is coming from my boss

storage concerns on cloud

Oracle review by Stacey S.
Stacey S.

"Good software "

What do you like best?

It's user friendly and has a lot of great features

What do you dislike?

Interaction with other software has been difficult to implement.

Integrating software and implementing new systems

"Its just OK"

What do you like best?

I like there everything can be managed from the dashboard and can be personalized or customized from your favorites.

What do you dislike?

There are so many glitches I feel and easier way to do things that could make it more seamless.

Making reimbursements and financial transactions easier to process and track.

Oracle review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Good Program to Stay Organized"

What do you like best?

I like that it was simple to use and I could easily retrieve the information and files I was looking for.

What do you dislike?

I found the program to be slow at times with lots of lag.

The main issue was being able to quickly access old files when they needed revision. I liked being able to search in multiple ways.

Oracle review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"Oracle Review "

What do you like best?

I liked being able to use this to log our progress with KPI's

What do you dislike?

at times you could get lost in the sheer amount of folders necessary for your job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is pretty intuitive so you'll pick it up rather quickly.

We were trying to see how many calls per study were done and how many call lists were needed.

Administrator in Financial Services

"Oracle WebCenter Impact on implementation"

What do you like best?

I love the one stop shop for creating self service portals and applications for all of our business needs. Using this product makes information consumption fast and easy.

What do you dislike?

I do not like some of the setup and configuration componenets

We have streamlined website implementation with this application

Oracle review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Something I have to use, not what I would choose."

What do you like best?

It's fairly simple. It's does keep the information in an easy to use format.

What do you dislike?

The use of it on any other platform then my desktop. It doesn't seem to work well remotely.

I think this works well for our supervision but on a staff layout it and for those on the go it isn't easy.

Oracle review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Oracle, innovative and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the product. It creates a great way to keep track of projects company wide.

What do you dislike?

There are not many negatives about the product.

We use this product has benefited by saving us time accords the board. It allows us to communicate quicker which means saving money in the long run.

Oracle review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Will recommend it"

What do you like best?

It is relatively simple to use and it is very well integrated! Me and my colleagues were able to learn it very easily!

What do you dislike?

Though it is easy to learn, there are a lot of topics to be covered! I believe this is one thing that I don't like about this Webcenter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend!

For content management and records management. It meets the required record management expectation in my company

"Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed that the program was so easy to use.

What do you dislike?

One aspect that I disliked was that there were many steps/clicks. to complete even easy tasks.

N/A. The software is used in a healthcare setting - it is difficult to assess the magnitude of problems which are being solved using the system.

Oracle review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"All-in-one web solution for your enterprise"

What do you like best?

Simplified content creator and support for mobile users (I.e. tablets etc.). Wizard driven tools have made training and deployment within the administration team fast and easy.

What do you dislike?

The solution has been great for our organization. No dislikes to report at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider this solution for your organization.

Intranet development and maintenance.

Oracle review by Consultant in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Consultant in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Very user friendly"

What do you like best?

User friendly and easy to navigate. I have never had any problems with this software

What do you dislike?

Nothing, this is one of the easiest to navigate. Our vendors use a lot of different software and this one is always the easiest

Cost accounting is great in oracle

Oracle review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"No problems here"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of use. The average computer user can figure it out easily.

What do you dislike?

I haven't personally had any issues to make me dislike the product.

Overall the ease of use has helped speed things along compared to other products, saving time and money.

Oracle review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Oracle WebCenter Content UCM review"

What do you like best?

Content management is very handy, easy to understand, maintainable.

What do you dislike?

Product cost is very high. Another issue is with support, Oracle support is not so good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product but costly.

I used this product for data management for our reputed client. Very easily maintainable.

Oracle review by Consultant in Hospitality
Consultant in Hospitality

"best I have experienced"

What do you like best?

everything about it is great. It gives exactly what I want

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing that I dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

go for it

I work with OBIEE. I get the the collaboration that I look for by using the Oracle web center content

Oracle review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Just fine"

What do you like best?

All of the features. It is a great program.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It is a great program however, it could use better aesthetic features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Oracle WebCenter content!

we are able to remain in constant communication.

Oracle review by User in Recreational Facilities and Services
User in Recreational Facilities and Services

"Love Oracle!"

What do you like best?

We currently use Oracle portals for HR and finance. Personally, I like the usability and how user-friendly the interface is.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more instruction manuals and how-to's available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software

N/a

Oracle review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly this is compared to peer programs

What do you dislike?

I don't have any problems with it at this point.

Out team has become far more efficient overall

Oracle review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Oracle Software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Great set up and lay out. Defiantly user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Learning new software. Needs better implementing and go-live support. website can be slow at times.

Better tracking. Still working on benefits

"tele meeting"

What do you like best?

ease of use for the presenter and audience

What do you dislike?

the chat option was a little delayed, but that could have been a fault of the connection

it allows for tele meetings and presentations between parties.

Oracle review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"It is not the most user friendly for our employee group but I have been to easily navigate it "

What do you like best?

The many things you can do with enrollment in people soft

What do you dislike?

Not user friendly for our employee group

Fixing enrollment issues, completing family status changes, running the daily process, flags.

Oracle review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Pretty standard use, no frills but gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Easy to use for employees, easy navigation and basics are easy to understand

What do you dislike?

Pretty basic to use, simple for users but nothing fancy.

less HR time for employee management

Oracle review by Administrator

"Survey Monkey Review"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to use, very clean layout.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see other features that can be offered.

Website looks nice and credible.

Oracle review by User

"Great product"

What do you like best?

This product is user-friendly and provides easy access to file-sharing

What do you dislike?

Perhaps their database services can be improved

This product makes it easier to share files with teammembers

"It is great. "

What do you like best?

It is user-friendly. I am able to quickly locate what I need.

What do you dislike?

It can be glitchy. I sometimes have to restart.

Streamlines operations.

Oracle review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Oracle Review"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly. Easy to access, easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Automatic log-out time is very short, however the saved sign-in helps.

Great for collaboration!

Oracle review by Scott L.
Scott L.

"Web Uncentered"

What do you like best?

Out of the box Webcenter comes with lots of features that you can leverage with very little effort.

What do you dislike?

The entire platform feels unfinished. There are many bugs or features altogether missing from components. The other major concern is that this product is built on ADF. Ina small installation this at the minimum gives a feeling of bloat and as you scale up becomes near crippling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wait on this if you can. I know its not a net new product but it feels that way. Unless you're forced onto this platform due to some applications that are built on it, I recommend waiting until the entire product matures from an implementation standpoint.

Learning about Oracle WebCenter Content?

* We monitor all Oracle WebCenter Content reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.