What do you like best?
- Ease of deployment
- Fully supported by Oracle - and comes free with any oracle database
- Ease of administration of the tool and applications deployed within weblogic
- Enhanced logging and debugging functionality
What do you dislike?
- Oracle specific (which is good and bad)
- Sometimes the debug messages can be cryptic
- Steep learning curve for application administration via weblogic
Recommendations to others considering the product
Web logic plays quite well with other Oracle applications (guess it is an Oracle product). Using it with Oracle APEX extended the capabilities of the tool. You can now use web logic to integrate with other services such as Apache FOP to generate PDFs.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
We deployed Oracle APEX within Oracle web logic and enabled REST web service capabilities within APEX. This allowed us to segregate the application from the database layer (more like an MVC framework) - and allowed us to use weblogic to interact and create RESTful services to interact with data