Orbital Payment Gateway

Orbital® Payment Gateway enables online payment processing for the most basic storefronts or for highly integrated e-commerce systems.

Work for Orbital Payment Gateway?
Wepay  data point  2x

Learning about Orbital Payment?

Orbital Payment Gateway Reviews

Showing 13 Orbital Payment reviews
Orbital Payment review by User

chase review

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to log into their mobile application. and that it also has the feature on my phone to recognize my face as my password instead of logging in manually

What do you dislike?

I don't like how sometimes the application is down due to maintenance and it takes a while for me to check t see the things I need

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a very user friendly way to go about payments. I think for personal use as well as company use it can really benefit the person in charge because it facilitates payments and transfers. I have been using it for over 8 years now and I have not changed to anything else. I would highly highly recommend this to anyone who wants to facilitate their lives

not solving any business problems- but its more of a convenience factor

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Orbital Payment Gateway
Orbital Payment review by <span>Scott L.</span>
Scott L.

Product is fine, development team not helpful

What do you like best?

Their API was easy to integrate with and our account rep was always responsive and followed through. You can leverage their Fraud Protection services (for a significant fee per transaction of course) which is quite good.

What do you dislike?

You have no access to speak with any of their developers and the PM assigned to on-boarding is useless. There is no API for receiving chargeback data, instead you have to use SFTP and be fully certified separately on that product. For the SFTP, you must use PGP encryption however Chase uses a non-standard implementation and does not sign or trust the public key we issued them. We had to program all kinds of workarounds to suppress warnings and blindly accept the untrusted documents we pulled from their site. They were useless in troubleshooting and seemed totally confounded with their PGP issues. We should have used the alternative of a weak-password protected zip file. I am guessing all of their other clients went this route after encountering the PGP issues with them as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around, there are plenty of other products out there so make sure to do your homework first. Their product might be overkill for your needs.

We were on a legacy integration with Chase and that is why we switched to their Orbital Gateway.

What Payment Gateway solution do you use?

Orbital Payment review by <span>Jhonatan A.</span>
Jhonatan A.

It's helped our credit and collections team tremendously

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Orbital Payment Gateway is the ease in which I can receive reports and information regarding transactions. The information provided has helped us save time in dealing with issues that stem from customers being overcharged or being charged duplicate transactions.

The orbital view for a specific transaction tells me if the transaction was accepted and what amount was captured and the last four digits of the card used which is plenty of information when trying to resolve the issues above.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing specifically that I do not like about Orbital Payment Gateway. We use it alongside Chase Paymentech and it has proven to be perfectly fine for our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you utilize it with a good payment processor, we utilize Chase Paymentech alongside Orbital for maximum compliance and reliability with our entire check out payments flow.

The business problems we are solving are payment capturing issues that stem from all the components we utilize when making a sale. At the root of it all is our payment gateway which is pertinent to how our checkout flow works. When there is an issue with a customer's payment, we always turn to the Orbital Payment Gateway to find out the root of the issue, often times, the issue can be identified just by looking at the orbital report which has saved us countless hours of trying to determine what was charged wrong and where.

Orbital Payment review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

Great Easy to use credit card processor

What do you like best?

I love how simple this portal is and how easy it is to use. It allows for a good amount of customization for customer receipts and I appreciate the batch report availability so that I can confirm what transactions ran and how.

What do you dislike?

The fees are a bit on the higher side but I've yet to have any issues with processing that couldn't be resolved quickly with their support. Also haven't ran into this issue personally, but I believe they don't run Discover cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of options available but if you have high volumes of credit cards to process I would recommend checking out this product. I wouldn't recommend it for a small business that processes the occasional credit card, but the higher the volume the more value this product provides.

The business problem this system solved was having a reliable method to process credit card payments. The benefit is being able to accept a faster method of payment and lower our accounts receivables balance substantially.

Orbital Payment review by <span>Jodi R.</span>
Jodi R.

Very expensive to use

What do you like best?

This was easy to use and setup. If you are using other chase services this works seamlessly with them.

What do you dislike?

The cost was the biggest factor in not using this product. We decided the features it provided was not worth the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the funds for this and you use Chase for other things this might work for you.

All of the banking options for the business was a plus, but we ultimately decided against this product.

Orbital Payment review by <span>Andi L.</span>
Andi L.

Orbital Payment Gateway Review

What do you like best?

The Orbital Payment Gateway program is pretty straightforward and easy to use. The support for it is also pretty good.

What do you dislike?

It is very expensive to pay for this program over a period of time. My company that uses Orbital Payment Gateway is looking for a less expensive alternative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can find a cheaper alternative for your company I would suggest doing that instead. Orbital Payment Gateway works fine but is just too expensive for the company I work for.

It is very convenient because the payments go through quickly.

Learning about Orbital Payment Gateway?

* We monitor all Orbital Payment Gateway reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.