OrgSync

OrgSync provides a centralized campus engagement network that connects students to campuses.

Work for OrgSync?

Learning about OrgSync?

OrgSync Reviews

Showing 20 OrgSync reviews
OrgSync review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"OrgSync Review"

What do you like best?

OrgSync has been really great for my job. I like that there can be pretty much be an endless number of groups. Each group can assign users who can update their accounts each school year in order to update new officers within their organization. This saves time by allowing them to make updates, rather than having someone on our staff make updates each time an officer switches out or each time a new group is created. By delegating, we can ensure that groups work to make the information listed on their portal as accurate as possible.

What do you dislike?

OrgSync does not have many drawbacks, but one main issue I seem to notice frequently is that users don’t understand how to use it. Each year, staff has to reach out explaining how to update group portals. It really isn't a complicated system, but because there are new officers updating information each year (and some each semester), we have to continuously do training so that groups get updated correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For anyone on a college campus, I highly recommend using OrgSync for student organization portals. The ease of use is great, it houses all of the students data in one place and you can easily pull detailed reports for a quick meeting,

OrgSync is currently solving many problems for my office. We use this software in sync with EMS via HR Tool Kit. A script was written to read OrgSync and pull data from it to EMS. Basically, each organization on campus has a portal in OrgSync that can be updated as often as necessary with officer information. From there, we allow groups to choose 3 approved officers to make space and event requests in EMS. The script pulls those 3 approved officers and automatically gives them an active account in EMS so that they can submit their space and event requests. Without this software, I would manually have to create an account for each user, double check that they were actually approved officers, and email them each individually to let them know their account was active or not. This saves me a ton of time and effort.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about OrgSync
OrgSync review by Senaida M.
Senaida M.

"Orgsync Review"

What do you like best?

We use this software for my sorority. We use it to communicate with each other, upload/store documents, create quizzes and polls. It's an excellent method to keep contact with an organization and big as ours. I also appreciate the discussion boards/messaging system. Love this software because it can do a lot with a click of a button.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike about using this software. The only downside is that I have some issues with the site via mobile devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take time to tinker with it to familiarize yourself with it.

Given that our organization was continuously growing, Orgsync allowed us the ability to communicate with each other with much ease.

What School Resource Management solution do you use?

OrgSync review by User

"Orgsync limitations in Higher education"

What do you like best?

Orgsync tries to manage events and student communication. It has the basic features you would want.

What do you dislike?

Orgsync is pretty limited though,

1. You can't configure it to use your own domain name (i.e. events.myschooladdress.edu.)

2. Active Directory access is limited so students have to "opt in" to use it.

3. Emails don't have any tracking so you don't know if they have any impact and minimal design options (html support is limited).

4. It's difficult to integrate with students existing calendars.

5. Creating a simple sign-up form for an event as a department (organization, according to orgsync) is very unintuitive so most departments forgo the process and use tools like Google forms, mailchimp, etc.

At our institution, campus buy-in has not been successful because of these and other issues.

I wouldn't recommend this software to anyone. Do yourself a favor and research your alternatives well before signing a contract.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep looking

Orgsync was originally meant to help our institution communicate with students but departments find it a hastle so they circumvent it and students tune the information out because they don't have as much control as they'd like.

OrgSync review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Very helpful and versatile. "

What do you like best?

I liked the vast variety of what can be accomplished using the program. It is a great centralized space to connect students with organizations and vice versa. Students were able to find organizations, ask questions and learn more about how to get involved. I also liked how it kept track of the students activities for them.

What do you dislike?

Became complicated at times, hard to navigate the system. Would often find myself lost and not sure how to get back or get to what I was looking for. Getting all of the students and organizations set up was a lengthy process. In the beginning we had to have the students fill out a paper form for their community service, turn it in and then we would manually have to enter all of their hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! It is great to use for administration and students. It is benefits both parties and is easy to use. Students can look up organizations through a centralized location and have access to hundreds of areas to get involved and it keeps track of their activity for them.

We were able to have a centralized location for students to look up clubs and organizations that they could get involved. The students could then contact the parties directly and sign up for meetings and events. It was also great because it kept track of all of the involvement per student and they were able to print a list of everything that they had worked on and been a part of to present to future employers etc.

OrgSync review by Kirby K.
Kirby K.

"Good for basic use by clubs at universities"

What do you like best?

There's a really easy way to take attendance for things like class and club meetings. Students just swipe in their ID and it will track who was there, at what time, and how many credit hours they're receiving. It can also email students letting them know that their attendance was marked, and there is a way to email all participants from the meeting.

What do you dislike?

It could be a little more user friendly. As a leader of a university club and a student teacher, it works really well for my purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really good for university clubs and other types of small meetings where you need to easily communicate to members and be able to track attendance for each session.

I take attendence as a supplemental instruction leader for a biology course at my university. It's really easy and I don't need to have students write their names down.

OrgSync review by Aimee J.
Aimee J.

"OrgSync Good for Administrative Needs"

What do you like best?

I like that they allow for events to be shared on the platform and for students to go to one place to receive general information about campus happenings. Working at a large university creates an issue when trying to disseminate information, but I think OrgSync does a good job at being the general hub for all of the things going on at a given time.

What do you dislike?

I was a student when the University transitioned or OrgSync (before I became an employee), and it didn't seem like there was much of an orientation process to the software. Now, as a back end user, it seems as though it's easier to navigate and lets me, as an event manager, guesstimate how many students we will have at specific events and allows students the opportunity to reach out to me directly with any questions they might need answered.

Getting the word out about campus events is oftentimes difficult in a big University like ours. OrgSync allows students to see general announcements and happenings around campus, while also connecting them with events that are going on, connect with different student organizations, and contact event managers with any questions they might have.

OrgSync review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Very user-friendly and meets needs student activities departments"

What do you like best?

I find it very easy to use and designed with the end-user in mind. I also find that it addresses many of the needs that we have in Student Activities departments.

What do you dislike?

Many of the features seem to be designed with the largest customers (schools) in mind and are not easy to customize for our individual campuses. Additionally, I don't like the nickel-and-dime approach to the pricing model.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have your students test it first...our students do not use it frequently so we are usually paying for more than we really need.

Student Organization registration and recognition; student organization event registration; student organization budget management. Those are the 3 primary solutions we use and it mostly allowed us to automate those systems from their previously-paper formats.

OrgSync review by Ron B.
Ron B.

"OrgSync helping to connect campuses"

What do you like best?

The portals within OrgSync allow multiple offices and departments to integrate themselves into the system. At past campuses, I've been able to track student participation in events, send mass messages, and even link bank accounts to bill and invoice. Right now, creating events and communicating necessary information to the students is the best way we use the program.

What do you dislike?

OrgSync is a great platform, but sometimes the campus integration becomes hard. OrgSync offers support and trainings for campus professionals to better utilize the system, but different campuses (culture, size, student engagement, etc.) do not always allow for the most optimal use of the system.

Event promotion and outcome tracking--we are able to promote events, create customizable and sharable links, add multimedia, and connect with students.

OrgSync review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="76a15206-e17e-4177-9e9d-431b0b6b8bd0">Zulma S.</span>
Zulma S.
" itemprop="name" />

"Great Platform!"

What do you like best?

OrgSync allows students to learn about clubs and organizations on campus, upcoming events, and engagement opportunities! It makes it easy for them to navigate through the platform and learn about ways to get involved on campus!

What do you dislike?

OrgSync is hard to navigate at times, and is often confusing for first time users who have no knowledge of the platform whatsoever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you weigh your options, that way you get the best price based on campus size.

Helped our students feel more connected to our campus community and engaged with events happening on campus, increasing retention and success.

OrgSync review by Greg B.
Greg B.

"OrgSync in an Educational Setting"

What do you like best?

I'm a big fan of how Org Sync makes use of it's usr friendly platform

What do you dislike?

I don't like that signing in is more challenging than it needs to be

We're using OrgSync for student groups to more easily communicate with constituents

OrgSync review by Administrator

"Great for organizing campus organizations"

What do you like best?

I love that we can have separate umbrellas and portals to separate the different kinds of orgs we have.

What do you dislike?

The system is hard for first-time users to figure out and could be more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth a try. Improvements are needed, but it's easy to get help when you're stuck.

We use orgsync to house all of the information about the student orgs on our campus. It has created an easy place to send students to find org information

OrgSync review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Student User for University"

What do you like best?

It is a great way to say organized within the university. Every organization is registered underneath the program and it is used to apply for funding, share events, and keep members up to date.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the calendar system. It is a bit unorganized and hard to find events that are going on.

Applying for funding through the school for our events. The benefit is doing it digitally with a consultant over doing it on paper.

OrgSync review by User in Higher Education

"We love OrgSync!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that OrgSync is a user friendly platform that provides our staff members the opportunity to connect with our students and vice versa. Not only that, but it allows our students to post upcoming events and reach out to the rest of our student population.

What do you dislike?

My only recommendation is to provide additional online trainings for new users to better understand how to use this platform.

OrgSync allows our institution to come together as a community and be in touch with each other. I think the best part of it all is the fact that our students are getting better at using this platform, which is a big plus for our institution.

OrgSync review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Lots of features, most of them useful"

What do you like best?

Plenty of features to help students, faculty, and staff get the most out of clubs and organizations. Easy enough to use and looks nice.

What do you dislike?

It’s not the most effective way to reach target audiences because messages and alerts come across as “just another pop-up annoyance” or distraction. It’s easy to ignore invites or get over-saturated with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don’t have a way to keep all student organization information in one place, and get the most out of events, OrgSync is for you.

OrgSync offers students, faculty, and staff and easy way to manage all parts of clubs and organizations on campus. It keeps track of everything and lets students show others all the ways they’ve participated.

OrgSync review by User in Higher Education

"Pretty good, app needs work"

What do you like best?

Org Sync is a pretty easy way to get messages out to communities, as well as create events and event invites, and complete surveys.

What do you dislike?

The app isn't that good... I can't see any of my notifications, messages, or event invites from there, which I think are all pretty important.

OrgSync allows us to communicate with people in different communities, whether informing or reminding them about upcoming events and opportunities that they may not have known or heard about otherwise.

OrgSync review by User

"Wrong person to ask for a recommendation"

What do you like best?

Nothing really. It's cumbersome and not client oriented

What do you dislike?

Where do I start? Biggest complain--it's never about the client; it's always about OrgSync. It's a self promotion piece for them, not the client nor the clients needs. It's not easy to use. Students do not want a different social network to use in college like this software is set up to be. Making it a transactional software rather than social network and it might work better. However, if they stop self promoting and promote their clients, then it might actually work better.

None to my knowledge.

OrgSync review by Internal Consultant in Higher Education
Internal Consultant in Higher Education

"Review of OrgSync"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. It has solved our Web Services team from needing to provide web sites for clubs and organizations. The communication in/out to students has been great. Students do enjoy using the system. Better than anything we could have built in-house. We upload student information daily and students use their photo id cards to check into events.

What do you dislike?

OrgSync has really gone very well. Not sure I have dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product and students get involved.

Web sites for clubs and organizations, communicating to students, event management and club membership.

"Reliable Service "

What do you like best?

It is a user-friendly platform for students, organizations, and event planners.

What do you dislike?

The visual appeal is a little clunky, and the forms section can be disorganizaed

No current problems related tot eh platform, more issues getting students to utilize it. Great for the ones who use it.

OrgSync review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Worcester State University ResLife"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of contacting all employees at once

What do you dislike?

Sometimes difficult for students to accessor once

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very self explanatory and easy to use

Easy to plan meetings and events.

OrgSync review by Administrator

"Review"

What do you like best?

Having online platforms are great for supporting student involvement and leadership.

What do you dislike?

OrgSync is similar to what a lot of other platforms do, as well.

OrgSync helps with more regular information sharing and data tracking.

Learning about OrgSync?

* We monitor all OrgSync reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.