osTicket

osTicket is an open source support ticket system. It seamlessly routes inquiries created via email, web-forms and phone calls into a simple, easy-to-use, multi-user, web-based customer support platform.

Work for osTicket?
Freshdesk  help desk leader  2x

Learning about osTicket?

osTicket Reviews

Showing 19 osTicket reviews
osTicket review by <span>Brady P.</span>
Brady P.

Good for small business

What do you like best?

I can utilize it on my own server and the API is easy to implement even for basic users. Admins love the ease of responding to and solving tickets and the ability to add common issues to a knowledgebase with ease. Users love they are being heard and in a timely manner with actual solutions due to the streamlining of the system.

What do you dislike?

Lack of public knowledgebase, all added by admins on our team. Means issues that may be prevalent to others with the system itself aren’t as easy to solve nor as quick. Also, wish there were more editing controls for the buttons, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a free ticketing system, it doesn’t get any better than this.

I was in need of a simple support system to aid my customers hat wasn’t going to cost me an arm and a leg, this does just that. Perfect for small, developing businesses that can afford systems like ServiceNow or Remedy.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about osTicket
osTicket review by <span>Andy D.</span>
Andy D.

Excellent open source ticket solution

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and quite easy for out clients to log tickets. Makes it easy for our customers to easily keep a log of their previous tickets. I also like the fact that it is easy to customise the software, with my limited knowledge of php I have been able to make adjustments as needed to integrate some of our other systems

What do you dislike?

Have had issues with embedding links in ticket responses to customers where the ticket system web address has been added in from of the url. Initially we also had some issues with setting up the ability to upload screenshots.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would certainly recommend hosting the system on your own servers. This gives you must more flexibility with regards to the way you can use the system.

At the time of introducing the OS ticket system our support desk was being overloaded by the number of support calls we were receiving. We had initially tried operating a call back list however this soon became unmanageable as it wasn't possible to add much detail regarding the issue faced by the user.

By introducing the ticket system we allowed our customers to log their issue directly into our support desk, Letting them upload screenshots and give detailed information about their issue. We were then able to send them relevant answers via the ticket system, request remote access or arrange a suitable time to call them.

This has had a drastic impact on the standard of our customer service.

What Help Desk solution do you use?

osTicket review by <span>Joseph H.</span>
Joseph H.

Great start but not finished

What do you like best?

Easy to use and easy to create tickets. It is open source and easy to install. The administration interface is both easy to find and easy to use. The whole ticketing software feels like it was designed for a programmer by a programmer. I do wish that it was a little bit easier for the common end user. It is nice to find software that is written in hosting friendly software such as PHP and MySQL. This makes it easy to place it on a shared hosting provider and access it remotely.

What do you dislike?

The product has an unfinished feel about it. There are almost no integration with other services. Much of the things I do like about this are things that I dislike. The admin interface feels like it is designed for the team that coded it. The front end has no capability to be themed. The theme that is being used is not responsive at all. There is no API to build up your own interface, or mobile app to make it easier to use. To develop plugins for the software you have to jump through so many cryptic hoops that is is not really worth even trying to do it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not willing to spend money on a ticketing software look at redmine before you invest your time in osTicket. If Redmine is too hard to setup then give osTicket a shot

Help Desk issue tracking. It has helped us keep track of all of the issues that we need to get resolved.

osTicket review by <span>Liam M.</span>
Liam M.

OsTicket is free if you self host - but it may be worth paying for another product.

What do you like best?

OsTicket goes through periodic updates that do improve it - but there's a lot left to be desired. However, it's functional and most importantly - free.

What do you dislike?

Search function is terrible. Even the advanced form. If I could plug in a product like algolia I'd be much happier. It also has some settings and options that are a pain to figure out and use. Lack of an easy plugin for other services (like Slack) are a drawback when so many of our other products are integrated into our work environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

do trail other products first as there's probably something better. But this is free and it does work!

Support ticketing - it also functions as a general email mask for those that require it.

osTicket review by <span>Bryce B.</span>
Bryce B.

osTicket

What do you like best?

I like the clean interface of the Help Desk tickets and the ability to show what is assigned to each member of the team

What do you dislike?

At this time, there is not much I would change. The system we use is simple, and it works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give osTicket a trial and see if it will suit your work environment.

This website has allowed us to organize out help desk tickets as well as reply chains and internal notes

osTicket review by <span>Don T.</span>
Don T.

OS Ticket is my Go To Helpdesk Software

What do you like best?

OS Ticket has a well established user base and development community. We have setup OS Ticket implementations internally as well as for various clients to use. It works well as a Helpdesk system and contains all the basic features required. We like it because it is easy to dive into the code and customize as per the project requirements.

What do you dislike?

The older versions suffered from some spaghetti code and poor versioning techniques. However, great strides have been made recently to bring the code up to modern quality guidelines. Again, this only becomes relevant if you are doing deep modifications of the system. With newer offerings of hosted systems, plugins, and the full range of features, this is likely a non-issue for most end users.

OS Ticket implemented as a Helpdesk, either internally or client facing can greatly reduce the burden of managing support cases. We even used it for tracking software development issues as reported by end users. It makes a great triage system and can be fully integrated into other backend components, like Basecamp, Slack, and Trello.

Learning about osTicket?

* We monitor all osTicket reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.