Outbrain Amplify

Discover What’s Next. We bring great content to audiences wherever they are.

Work for Outbrain Amplify?
Skyword vs avg 2x

Learning about Outbrain?

Outbrain Amplify Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 70 Outbrain reviews
Outbrain review by <span>Stephanie J.</span>
Stephanie J.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I really enjoy being able to give the article I'm sharing different headlines. This helps me see which buzzwords work best or what structure appeals the most to readers. I also like that the articles are being shared on some good quality websites, like MSN UK and CNN.

What do you dislike?

While my stories are being featured on some good quality sites, I'm also getting leads from really poor websites. Some websites that I've never even heard of before or have nothing to do with the topic of my story. Likewise, once these users come to my site to read the story, they bounce immediately and give my page a lower average time on page that skews results.

Related to design, I also find it hard to find the right tools to edit my campaigns. The dashboard also appears very unorganized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using other channels to promote your content - Outbrain should be a last resort. Social media is probably a better way to promote your content.

Problem being solved: sharing client stories to help them gain more page views and trend on our website.

The benefit is that this does work and we have happy clients who are satisfied with the performance of their story.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Outbrain Amplify
Outbrain review by <span>Enrique C.</span>
Enrique C.
Validated Review

Disappointing tool for display ads

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The tool is easy to configure and the campaign is easy to be on live, provided you have appropiate content written.

What do you dislike?

It is not a usual ad manager for display campaigns as AdWords, Pan My Ads or Criteo. It is only useful if you write good content and want to spread it. If you do not have a blog, you probably will not be able to use it. In addition, you receive clicks that are not reflected in Google Analytics. There's probably click fraud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you do a test campaign in order to see if it meets your requirements and get difussion of your content.

Pay attention to the CPCs you get and check that the number of clicks is consistent with the sessions recorded with Google Analytics or any other web analytics program.

We wanted to try a new tool to get clicks on the display network, but the result is not convincing.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Content Marketing solution do you use?

Outbrain review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

Worth the Investment

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The folks at Outbrain want to be sure you succeed at reaching the most new audiences as possible and will walk you through the process for creating optimized content. Content creation & variation is so easy & best practices for optimal reach are clear.

What do you dislike?

I'm sure there's an easier way to exclude your content from showing up at certain outlets before finalizing your content, but if there is I don't know it. For example my content is not relevant to international audiences, but once the campaign began I saw my content was placed on English, Indian, & German outlets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to start audiences down a path toward your content. Make sure you have a goal and your user's path laid out toward that goal when choosing your webpages to point to. Also, set up concurrent campaigns to test which pictures & headlines work best together to get the highest click-thrus.

We wanted to get our organization's content in front of new audiences and attract new audiences to our websites & platforms. Investing in Outbrain Amplify was an easy, cost-efficient way to diversify our content distribution.

Outbrain review by <span>Tina K.</span>
Tina K.

Great for Content Distribution

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Easy to use interface that allows for realtime updates and reporting. Full visibility into results that allows my team to make changes that will immediately impact the campaign performance.

The platform is very intuitive and Outbrain continues to add new features.

What do you dislike?

You can't make edits to existing campaigns once they are live, you have to recreate them if you want to change any elements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to test Outbrain in addition to other digital marketing channels. Compare the cost and quality of traffic Outbrain delivers against your other channels.

I've seen great success using Outbrain to distribute high quality content. With some programs we see Outbrain traffic deliver higher quality traffic at a lower CPC than other channels.

Outbrain review by <span>Molly M.</span>
Molly M.

Outbrain for Content Discovery

Updated On
What do you like best?

Outbrain often see's better performance out of the other content discovery platforms used. We do like the ease of bulk uploading multiple articles and headlines at once.

What do you dislike?

Recently, we were notified that we longer have a rep and the customer service line has been the best. We also were never notified of the increase in monthly minimums. The Outbrain service also no longer provides headlines for clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When did minimum spend increase and why Is there an easier way to bulk upload headlines and articles? Some of my articles are rejected unless I pull the URL from chrome and I am not sure why.

Driving traffic to the site. If Outbrain is turned off, often there is a significant decrease in traffic to the sites.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Liraz Rahmin Postan of Outbrain

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you are having some difficulties with our new dashboard.

Please feel free to send me your contact and I will make sure you'll get the assistance you're looking for.

lpostan@outbrain.com

Best,

Liraz

Outbrain review by <span>Cara W.</span>
Cara W.

It's an ok ad platform

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Outbrain is good at amplifying your content for cheap. You can drive a lot of clicks.

What do you dislike?

It's virtually impossible to customize campaigns. The data is not very helpful in letting you know what's happening. Sometimes ads don't show and I can't figure out why. Outbrain will have approved the ad, but then it just never circulates?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, I would say that it's worth a try. We found it drove better traffic than it's competitors, but I suspect that's just a case-by-case thing. So I would say try out a couple of the content amplification ad platforms and see which works best for you. And hopefully, Outbrain will improve their analytics soon.

We're just amplifying our content with Outbrain. And it does definitely drive traffic to the site. Using our Google Analytics, I'm able to figure out which pieces are driving quality traffic, so I can turn off the ones that aren't.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Outbrain Amplify?

* We monitor all Outbrain Amplify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.