Outbrain Amplify

3.4

Discover What’s Next. We bring great content to audiences wherever they are.

Work for Outbrain Amplify?

Learning about Outbrain?

Outbrain Amplify Reviews

Showing 73 Outbrain reviews
Outbrain review by Andrea S.
Andrea S.

"best native platform out there!"

What do you like best?

Overall it is just a great platform, with a a genuinely good dashboard. Where feasibile, you even got real time data (for the spend) and the rest of the data follows suit in a timely manner.

Ad creation is fast, simple and to the point (in contrast to their closest competitor, which is tedious) and customer service is top (really nice people over there always eager to help - again in stark contrast to their closest competitor - where it is hard to get a hold onto someone there)

Always on the front to get new features released - which is great. Look alike audiences? Yes. They got that and it is working like a charm.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike here - maybe just the day-time parting could be on CPC level, so you could catch the "cheap" traffic in the off hours

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always try out new features - the earlier you get in the better. Traffic is then relatively cheap. But you should work a bit conceptually before.

You can also always ask them for insights on the algoryrthm, how to optimize campaigns. It is a good way to get a second opinion and they are always helpful.

At the moment a bit of branding and getting our product as a test case out there

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Outbrain Amplify
Outbrain review by User

"Helps with pageviews, but quality of engagement is low"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy being able to give the article I'm sharing different headlines. This helps me see which buzzwords work best or what structure appeals the most to readers. I also like that the articles are being shared on some good quality websites, like MSN UK and CNN.

What do you dislike?

While my stories are being featured on some good quality sites, I'm also getting leads from really poor websites. Some websites that I've never even heard of before or have nothing to do with the topic of my story. Likewise, once these users come to my site to read the story, they bounce immediately and give my page a lower average time on page that skews results.

Related to design, I also find it hard to find the right tools to edit my campaigns. The dashboard also appears very unorganized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using other channels to promote your content - Outbrain should be a last resort. Social media is probably a better way to promote your content.

Problem being solved: sharing client stories to help them gain more page views and trend on our website.

The benefit is that this does work and we have happy clients who are satisfied with the performance of their story.

What Content Distribution solution do you use?

Outbrain review by Enrique C.
Enrique C.

"Disappointing tool for display ads"

What do you like best?

The tool is easy to configure and the campaign is easy to be on live, provided you have appropiate content written.

What do you dislike?

It is not a usual ad manager for display campaigns as AdWords, Pan My Ads or Criteo. It is only useful if you write good content and want to spread it. If you do not have a blog, you probably will not be able to use it. In addition, you receive clicks that are not reflected in Google Analytics. There's probably click fraud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you do a test campaign in order to see if it meets your requirements and get difussion of your content.

Pay attention to the CPCs you get and check that the number of clicks is consistent with the sessions recorded with Google Analytics or any other web analytics program.

We wanted to try a new tool to get clicks on the display network, but the result is not convincing.

Outbrain review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Worth the Investment"

What do you like best?

The folks at Outbrain want to be sure you succeed at reaching the most new audiences as possible and will walk you through the process for creating optimized content. Content creation & variation is so easy & best practices for optimal reach are clear.

What do you dislike?

I'm sure there's an easier way to exclude your content from showing up at certain outlets before finalizing your content, but if there is I don't know it. For example my content is not relevant to international audiences, but once the campaign began I saw my content was placed on English, Indian, & German outlets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to start audiences down a path toward your content. Make sure you have a goal and your user's path laid out toward that goal when choosing your webpages to point to. Also, set up concurrent campaigns to test which pictures & headlines work best together to get the highest click-thrus.

We wanted to get our organization's content in front of new audiences and attract new audiences to our websites & platforms. Investing in Outbrain Amplify was an easy, cost-efficient way to diversify our content distribution.

Outbrain review by Tina K.
Tina K.

"Great for Content Distribution "

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface that allows for realtime updates and reporting. Full visibility into results that allows my team to make changes that will immediately impact the campaign performance.

The platform is very intuitive and Outbrain continues to add new features.

What do you dislike?

You can't make edits to existing campaigns once they are live, you have to recreate them if you want to change any elements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to test Outbrain in addition to other digital marketing channels. Compare the cost and quality of traffic Outbrain delivers against your other channels.

I've seen great success using Outbrain to distribute high quality content. With some programs we see Outbrain traffic deliver higher quality traffic at a lower CPC than other channels.

Outbrain review by Molly M.
Molly M.

"Outbrain for Content Discovery "

What do you like best?

Outbrain often see's better performance out of the other content discovery platforms used. We do like the ease of bulk uploading multiple articles and headlines at once.

What do you dislike?

Recently, we were notified that we longer have a rep and the customer service line has been the best. We also were never notified of the increase in monthly minimums. The Outbrain service also no longer provides headlines for clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When did minimum spend increase and why Is there an easier way to bulk upload headlines and articles? Some of my articles are rejected unless I pull the URL from chrome and I am not sure why.

Driving traffic to the site. If Outbrain is turned off, often there is a significant decrease in traffic to the sites.

Outbrain review by Cara W.
Cara W.

"It's an ok ad platform"

What do you like best?

Outbrain is good at amplifying your content for cheap. You can drive a lot of clicks.

What do you dislike?

It's virtually impossible to customize campaigns. The data is not very helpful in letting you know what's happening. Sometimes ads don't show and I can't figure out why. Outbrain will have approved the ad, but then it just never circulates?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, I would say that it's worth a try. We found it drove better traffic than it's competitors, but I suspect that's just a case-by-case thing. So I would say try out a couple of the content amplification ad platforms and see which works best for you. And hopefully, Outbrain will improve their analytics soon.

We're just amplifying our content with Outbrain. And it does definitely drive traffic to the site. Using our Google Analytics, I'm able to figure out which pieces are driving quality traffic, so I can turn off the ones that aren't.

Outbrain review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Just Okay!"

What do you like best?

I like the analytics portion of outbrain—it lets you know what's going on with your amplification at a glance which is super helpful.

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult to use until you get the hang of it and hard to onboard anyone that needs to also learn how to use it. I also wish it supported multiple users per account since we have a team that would want to collaborate and all have consistent access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework and see if it is really worth it to you to take the time to learn and pick it up.

Amplifying advertisements to push content farther and more effectively.

Outbrain review by Ardalan Z.
Ardalan Z.

"Native Ads with a sophisticated platform"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to create and manage campaigns here. Not like most other native ad platforms that doing a simple CPC change would take 5 clicks and you're still not sure if you did it right.

What do you dislike?

Their pixel for counting conversions is far from perfect. For us, the gap is more than 40%. Meaning that sometimes their platform sees 40% fewer conversions than what actually happened.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like Taboola too for different reasons. And there is no issue having both!

We're trying to reach out to more audiences thru native ads and try to have as many impressions as possible.

Outbrain review by Kathleen F.
Kathleen F.

"Basic Tool that Works for Generating Clicks"

What do you like best?

Outbrain is extremely easy to use tool and you can set your campaigns up and then just let them run. It's relatively easy to see what is getting clicked on and what isn't and make adjustments.

What do you dislike?

The interface is pretty basic and and it's difficult to find past data compared to the current snapshot. Doesn't let you customize enough to reach real specialized target audiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep your expectations relatively low and keep monitoring what content, keywords, and posts are doing well and which aren't to maximize your spend.

We wanted to introduce completely new people to our brands and sub-brands and entice them to click through and visit our website, read valuable content, and eventually subscribe. However this ended up being just a lot of clicks and very little action taken.

Outbrain review by Vincent M.
Vincent M.

"Will Amplify Your Content, Effective Impact Difficult to Measure"

What do you like best?

Relatively easy to setup & get your content out there. The default templates look fairly natural & the interface is intuitive.

What do you dislike?

There is not a ton of control over where your content appears. To my knowledge there aren't any category options/restrictions, which could result in your article appearing alongside unfavorable topics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not a direct conversion channel, but it does what it's supposed to.

Quickly getting articles out to a wide audience. Unlike many other of the content distributing platforms we've used, Outbrain has actually resulted in direct inquiries to products.

Outbrain review by Ann S.
Ann S.

"May work for some niches..."

What do you like best?

Outbrain is very easy to use: The campaigns are no-brainer to set up, you can even use an RSS feed to have your new articles added their automatically. There's not much to think about or test: You just set it up once and watch it rolling...

What do you dislike?

You don't have any control over where your content appears. I got lots of clicks which I'd never have noticed unless I saw them in my Outbrain reports. Those visitors don't engage at all. Even compared to social media traffic, Outbrain traffic is pretty much useless. Plus the click-per-click rate went high and it's just not feasible to pay for it any more. The reports are rather limited also: You cannot see where exactly your traffic is coming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are into content marketing professionally, I'd give it a try for educational purposes if nothing else. I'd also run a test campaign if I were into technology, entertainment, sports or other fun niches...

It could be a good discovery tool in some niches but I couldn't find one so far.

Outbrain review by User in Internet

"Smoke and mirrors"

What do you like best?

With the poor results there is nothing to like

What do you dislike?

Losing my money to this sham. according to Google Analytics the bounce from their traffic was 94%. Clearly awful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I ran a small campaign for a couple of days and according to Google Analytics the bounce rate from their traffic was 94%. Clearly awful.

I am showing a screenshot of the traffic sources. I have never heard of most of them -

They have 717 publishers, if you're going to roll the dice with this company, do yourself a favor and go through them all and turn off the ones you do not want.

The software tells you a lot but really gives you nothing. You cannot even see what your ad looks like. This company seems to be smoke and mirrors. Lots metaphors and industry jargon that produces zero!

Outbrain review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"We did not get ROI using Content Distribution"

What do you like best?

Ability to get in front of a ton of people all at once. Great list of sites that show content however certain sites won't show certain content. Ability to have white label lists was a positive for us.

What do you dislike?

Very costly when looking at the ROI - the traffic driven from Outbrain doesn't convert very well. I have doubts some of the traffic is actually legitimate. GA shows terrible data on how users interact once on the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely evaluate the legitimacy of visitors to your site - we were concerned about click fraud.

Trying to get more eyes on our products, services, clients, etc. Benefits include new visitors to our sites, content being consumed, etc.

Outbrain review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"It worked for what I needed to use it for"

What do you like best?

It was easy to post the content, and let it get sent out. It was a lot like any other publishing type of website, and I liked that I didn't have to learn a brand new concept just to get the results we wanted.

What do you dislike?

It can feel a bit robotic, since you're not always in touch with the people or websites that it posts to, and trying to find them all to answer each question or response individually would probably be a massive undertaking. It would be possible, but a huge amount of time would be spent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't think of it has a true publishing platform, like it used to be. If I remember correctly, we were able to get links back to the content we shared, and this is not the case anymore, as it only shares the link to your content on it's partner sites. But if you want more traffic, this could work to help you generate that.

Also don't expect it to be for a regular small business, unless you have $20 a day to spend at the minimum just to increase views. For someone who wants conversions, knows what content gets them there, and can afford to spend it, it works great.

We wanted to reach "more eyeballs", and we started using Outbrain to do that. It did do just what we wanted, and we reached more people, and for us, that was the goal, so it was enough. More traffic to certain pieces of work.

Outbrain review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Low quality experience for B2B"

What do you like best?

Unfortunately, there wasn't a lot that I truly enjoyed about using this tool. Their customer support team was kind and they tried to be helpful, but in the end, we couldn't find a good solution for our needs.

What do you dislike?

I used Outbrain for a B2B SaaS tool in 2015. At the time, the campaign creation process was cumbersome and it was difficult to manage multiple campaigns at once. We could have overlooked that, however, we were unable to achieve high-quality referral traffic from our programs. After much interaction with their customer support, we ended up discontinuing our campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend this for B2B marketers, but give it a try if you're B2C. It might work better for your needs.

We were trying to drive more qualified traffic to our blog content. Unfortunately, at the time we were using Outbrain, there were strong limitations on the control you have over what traffic you're receiving and paying for.

Outbrain review by ANDREY A.
ANDREY A.

"Good But Lacks Analytics"

What do you like best?

This was a very easy platform to start up with. It was a good way to get massive amounts of page impressions to our site, but it lacked any conversion benefits.

What do you dislike?

Lacked true conversion benefits. This is a platform that would be great for anyone trying to drive traffic but not needing any conversions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really understand what your goals are. Are you wanting blog views? Perfect! Wanting to sell product? Not so much. Driving traffic to site? That will work.

Traffic to site is the biggest problem solved. Massive amounts of impressions and traffic driving page views.

Outbrain review by Mary G.
Mary G.

"Great for brand awareness and reach"

What do you like best?

Being able to quickly set up a new campaign/ad, then create similar variations has been the best feature. We're able to get our content posts in front of people that have never heard of our brand before at a low cost.

What do you dislike?

Quality of traffic and limiting the number of publishers we can block has been a challenge. Also, having our ads show next to clearly clickbait ads is not ideal.

Before we started advertising on Outbrain, we didn't have a lot of interaction with our blog posts. Now we're sending a large amount of traffic to our posts and able to gain brand awareness and reach.

Outbrain review by Ciara O.
Ciara O.

"Good for impressions but aesthetic is unappealing"

What do you like best?

Outbrain exposes your content to a lot of viewers who are reading articles that are related to your link.

What do you dislike?

It looks like sponsored content and can appear alongside ads that don't relate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will definitely get you a lot of exposure but it is clearly sponsored advertising and appears at the bottom of the page so unlikely to convert to click-throughs.

Getting more analytics from advertising, promoting our blog content. It definitely gave us a lot of impressions but not many click throughs.

Outbrain review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"easy to use, reporting is a pain, otherwise really good native platform"

What do you like best?

the dashboard and ad creation is ahead of taboola

also features are implemented more rapidly

What do you dislike?

the same pain as most native platforms - the reporting.If you want it granular and have many campaigns,be prepared to spent a lot of time for your custom reporting. Or implement the API into your data warehouse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

customer service help only starts if you spent more than 20k a month.

apart from that the service is great.

aqcuiring leads from different publishers. Complements other native platforms (inventory wise - in Germany)

Outbrain review by Brad Z.
Brad Z.

"Mediocre Experience Amplifying Owned Content "

What do you like best?

This tool comes highly recommended in the content distribution space, but I was not particularly thrilled. The best things about the platform are the onboarding training for self-serve users and dashboard that shows how campaign is performing (shows where the content distributed).

What do you dislike?

The User Interface looks like it was designed 10 years ago. It's ugly and confusing. While the dashboard is gives a good glimpse of activity during the campaign, trying to find historic data is not easy. The only thing you can harvest after the campaign is impressions, clicks, and CPC but not where the content was distributed.

In terms of the quality of traffic from outbrain campaigns, it was marginally better than what you would get from StumbleUpon and more expensive. 90% or higher bounce rates and less than 15 seconds on page time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test with a small budget first.

We tried Outbrain to reach new markets, but realized little benefit from it.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use, but optimizations are pretty presumptuous"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and set up campaigns, and all charges are on CPC basis.

What do you dislike?

Auto optimizations take several pieces of content and websites to where it just serves to one website and serves only one piece of content. While I get the approach, it's not exactly what we would prefer as an advertiser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to promote multiple pieces of content, set them up in separate campaigns to ensure they all get visibility.

Minimal reach and attention to client blog posts or earned media hits.

Outbrain review by Agency in Consumer Goods
Agency in Consumer Goods

"Good network, limited options"

What do you like best?

The publisher network is high quality and puts your content in front of a lot of people. It's easy to set up your campaigns, get it running and pull reporting.

What do you dislike?

Targeting options are limited and don't allow for anything outside of location-based options. Niche publishers or specific user groups are not an option and there is little insight into who is viewing/clicking on your content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for hyper-targeted native ads, look into other options. If you're just trying to get the word out on high traffic sites, Outbrain's a great option.

Solving the problem of awareness by driving users to client websites and allowing for greater thought leadership among client organizations. The native advertising network allows for great exposure with reasonable investment.

Outbrain review by Katija V.
Katija V.

"A fantastic platform for maximizing the reach of your content "

What do you like best?

The high quality of their site list and the ease of the backend interface.

What do you dislike?

Limited targeting options and not being able to upload multiple images at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that content titles are relevant to the content you are driving traffic too. By having "clickbait" titles, you will drive a high CTR, however the bounce rate will suffer. Make sure you use this platform as a mid-funnel channel to see the most value.

Maximising contents reach to a relevant, targeted audience and also bringing in a new audience to company blogs.

Outbrain review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Outbrain "

What do you like best?

It's a must have tool for any content marketer. It uses an algorithm to recommend your content to users of other publishers. It's especially helpful for sites without enough organic traffic and who don't want to pay for views.

What do you dislike?

I think there is still room for improvement in terms of making the recommendations truly contextually relevant and native. I think there are some cases where the widget picks up something not appropriate, but it's gotten better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for short form video content (as well as written content)

Promoting short form content in a contextually-relevant environment and help drive views of our content. If you don't have enough organic traffic to your site, Outbrain is the way to go.

Outbrain review by Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.

"Outbrain is good for Content Marketing"

What do you like best?

Outbrain allows you into the marketplace that would cost more elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

I am very intricate in my analysis of pay per click campaigns. It's important to me to have extremely detailed reporting, so while this may be a downside to me, it could very well be the kind of reporting that others may enjoy. Personal preference shouldn't necessarily be a downside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a good marketing goal for what you're using Outbrain for.

Content marketing.

Outbrain review by Valerie A.
Valerie A.

"Pro's and con's"

What do you like best?

Setup was very easy and doesn't drain creative resources - and I also like that they show you mockups for a lot of the different places your ad could live so that you don't need to wonder if it looks horrible on certain feeds - that seems unique in my experience with native.

What do you dislike?

Still haven't figured out app install campaigns which makes it difficult to send meaningful traffic for our company.

Native ads speak well to our audience

Outbrain review by Alejandro G.
Alejandro G.

"Tu mensaje frente sus ojos (los de tu público objetivo)"

What do you like best?

Es una buena forma de testera si tus contenidos (que tanto esfuerzo requieren) funcionan ante tu audiencia.

No hay nada peor que pasar desapercibido porque tu contenido no atrae, no interesa y no convierte lectores en leads!

What do you dislike?

No hay posibilidad de segmental la oferta. Solo puedes elegir que medios quieres que muestren tus contenidos pero no que características quieres que tenga tu audiencia.

Yo intento difundir contenidos para atraer usuarios a mi web y captar leads.

Usando Outbrain mido el interés de mi audiencia en la temática de mis contenidos

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"very good native ad platform"

What do you like best?

many new features and regular updates - easy handling

What do you dislike?

sometimes the customer service is a bit hard to get a hold on and the spending system of always paying the CPC instead of an auction is counterintuitive

Recommendations to others considering the product

got everything you need

universal pixel

look alike groups

great publishers

try it out if you reached the maximum you can through search

Scaling for more leads (prospecting)

Outbrain review by Emanuela C.
Emanuela C.

"Good tool to improve the visibility of blog contents and videos"

What do you like best?

The tool is easy to use, you can insert quickly new contents using different titles and images. The bounce rate of visitors from this campaign is not so high so it means that the target is correct.

What do you dislike?

I cannot control where the articles will be published. Reports could have more insights.

We increased the traffic to our blog contents and to our videos

Outbrain review by Abhishek A.
Abhishek A.

"Great Content recommendations"

What do you like best?

Because of recommendation engine, the CTR of the widget is high

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the cost is exuberant and unviable

It is easier to amplify traffic when required

Outbrain review by Laura K.
Laura K.

"Outbrain makes promoting content online easy and affordable"

What do you like best?

It is not necessary to work with an outside agency because the system is so intuitive to use and easy to set up in terms of submitting content, placement and setting budgets.

What do you dislike?

Have not allows agreed with the placement choices.

Previously we invested a lot of time and energy into writing news articles, blog posts and educational articles, only to have our efforts go unnoticed online. Outbrain allows us to distribute our content to be discovered by new audiences.

Outbrain review by Administrator

"Great opportunity for content growth"

What do you like best?

I loved how easy it was to set up your own campaigns and see the progress.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more visibility in the free platform to see who was receiving your content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While customer service is right there to help you every step of the way, it can be challenging to connect with an account manager when you need to.

Getting our name out there was key and we've seen great success in CTRs and impressions.

Outbrain review by Administrator in Translation and Localization
Administrator in Translation and Localization

"Review of Outbrain"

What do you like best?

Outbrain has definitely provided an increase in revenue traffic to our blog. It is important to be selective in what content is being advertised and ensure title resonates with the readers you wish to target.

What do you dislike?

So far, however, the increase in traffic is resulting in very little conversion.

Traffic on our blog was below where we would like. The traffic has now doubled on those content pieces we wish to advertise.

"Outbrain for Amplification"

What do you like best?

Outbrain works well if you are trying to raise brand awareness and increase traffic to a block or content page.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that some of the optimizations have to be done through customer service. You do not have full access to pull all of the levers

We were trying to increase awareness and traffic to our clients website. Outbrain assisted in getting our content on highly viewable sites.

Outbrain review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great platform to help boost visits to my client's blogs"

What do you like best?

It's easy to setup and use and the site definitely helps increase visits to my clients site. most of the time the content is pretty useful. Love the program, use it as needed with clients.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is a bit expensive, still trying to make sure that the pricing works and is approved by clients and justifies the expense. Usually it does, but sadly some clients are a bit cheap!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for additional hits on your blog, this definitely works and helps out!

Haven't had any business problems with it. Seems to work great for my clients.

Outbrain review by Olivia H.
Olivia H.

"Fraud"

What do you like best?

It was a good way for some clients to spend a lot of money quickly.

What do you dislike?

Campaigns previously run with outbrain are riddled with fraudulent traffic and clicks. A thorough audit of site analytics showed that we were getting fake traffic and likely fake impressions.

No problem has been solved by outbrain and I do not currently see any benefits.

Outbrain review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"OUtbrain is seamlessly easy"

What do you like best?

It's simple to selection items for curation and publication. We use it and think it gets the job done and looks good.

What do you dislike?

Occasional glitches mean slow curation. But that does not happen often.

We are optimizing our website by adding premium outlier content to augment our own premium content that is staff-generated.

Outbrain review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet

"Good but not great"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to upload and optimize your ads at your leisure.

What do you dislike?

There is not a strong dashboard to help you decide which is best performing or specific advice on how to get your lowest performing content up to speed without contacting support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to monitor and optimize frequently in order to see results. Unless you have arbitrage content, "set it and forget it" won't yield results for you. Attributing and proving ROI to Outbrain will be a challenge.

Getting traffic to our content to raise brand awareness and increase educational touchpoints in a user's lifecycle

Outbrain review by Administrator in Computer Software

"A tool worth considering especially in B2C"

What do you like best?

Outbrain is a tool to amplify your content. It basically offers your content in many sites based on the interest that the reader have. The nice thing about it, is that it allows you to A/B test your titles and see quite easily what works

What do you dislike?

You don't know exactly based on what the company is deciding when to offer your content. It would have been nice if you could define your target market

Getting more traffic to the site, getting your content noticed

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's very user-friendly and easy to make changes instantly.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any problems or dislikes thus far.

I use outbrain to promote a client's blog. I attach links and images and create headlines to be displayed on webpages. It's extremely easy to use, explain to the client, and report on.

Outbrain review by Ilias T.
Ilias T.

"Good Product for content outreach"

What do you like best?

Good reach. Detailed Targeting. Nice User Interface both for Basic and Intermediate Users.

What do you dislike?

Missing some features that platforms like taboola offer. Focused only around very large advertisers but the UI is not offering many options to facilitate power users

Increasing content outreach, by showing content on very relevant contextual placements. Great when you have good regular content built

"Little targeting options"

What do you like best?

Without a doubt the ease of set up and billing were the best things about Outbrian.

What do you dislike?

Once you set up a campaign, there are very little options for targeting. The only options are language and location. Given that we were looking content targeting to a specific audience this type of targeting was not a fit for us.

We were looking to drive traffic to our website and content.

Outbrain review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Good interface, procey"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface, easy to add content

What do you dislike?

Daily minimums were bumped from $10 to $15. Wish there were more flexibility on spend.

Helps foster brand awareness with the secondary benefit of driving traffic to our site.

Outbrain review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Quick drive to traffic "

What do you like best?

It is a quick way to increase traffic to a landing page.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't target the right audience, so does not bring leads effectively.

I am trying to generate more subscriptions to my blog.

Outbrain review by User in Computer Software

"Good product, they need to give user more rights, though."

What do you like best?

Dashboard, metrics, and all other pertinent information are displayed well and easy to digest.

What do you dislike?

Inability to make a number of edits to ads once they are "launched"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for content syndication, and their team is easy to work with. Only downside is that they don't give you "full rights" to your own campaigns

How to reach new audience members through websites they visit

Outbrain review by Cameron S.
Cameron S.

"Middling Results, Poor Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The UI is clean and easy to use and the reports are user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The results are not up to par with other native platforms and the customer service was not ideal.

Serving native ads on relevant articles.

Outbrain review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Outbrain is a great way to get cheap distribution for your content"

What do you like best?

Outbrain has a really simple, easy-to-use platform for getting cheap distribution of your content.

What do you dislike?

There is little to no targeting and you just let their algorithm do the work.

We used it as another way to promote the great content that we were creating. We used the typical social media channels and also tested Outbrain along side that. Overall, the PPC was much lower with Outbrain, but the lack of targeting made us less confident about the quality of the traffic.

Outbrain review by Graham S.
Graham S.

"Great impressions in a flash"

What do you like best?

Upgraded SEO and huge traffic, which was essential to our inbound program.

What do you dislike?

Being unable to specify what sites your content will appear on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its cheap, try it!

Lack of awareness and lead generation. We're seeing better referral traffic thanks to Outbrain's services.

Outbrain review by Agency in Veterinary
Agency in Veterinary

"Outbrain is Awesome"

What do you like best?

The ability to target down to the zip code level.

What do you dislike?

The $20 dollars per day minimum spend is high.

We are driving new users to our website so we can remarket to them in the future.

Learning about Outbrain Amplify?

* We monitor all Outbrain Amplify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.