Outreach

Outreach provides email tracking, cadence, and sales automation features for use by sales teams.

Work for Outreach?

Learning about Outreach?

Outreach Reviews

Ask Outreach a Question
Showing 627 Outreach reviews
Outreach review by <span>Nick M.</span>
Nick M.

"Powerful tool with a great feature set"

What do you like best?

Outreach makes marketing and cold-emailing very simple. Creating not just a simple email drip campaign, but one that also incorporates call tasks and other 'generic' tasks as well is very helpful for maintaining an efficient and effective workflow. The 'Outreach Everywhere' Chrome extension makes it easier to keep track of prospects from the other platforms you contact them from, like Gmail and SalesForce, while their Gmail bar is very useful for sequencing prospects or replying with a template right from within Gmail. 'Personas' make it easier to connect with prospects in the most relevant way, while their stats and reporting help with keeping track of your business and seeing where your successes and challenges are.

What do you dislike?

While Outreach has a very rich and complex feature-set, this can also be its downfall. Many of the great features that /can/ add a lot of value tend to fail or be buggy, rendering them unusable. Examples include Outreach Everywhere pulling up the 360* view instead of the correct prospect when you are looking at their SFDC contact page or an email chain with the prospect in Gmail. When importing a single .csv with prospects from multiple accounts, the import wizard gives you the option to map these prospects directly to their (already created) accounts in Outreach, but this function has never worked. There is an inability to reorder sequence steps if a prospect has already been through the sequence, meaning if you want to make an improvement you must recreate the sequence and add prospects to a copy of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to Outreach! I have worked with their support team on a number of occasions in my short tenure here, and while they have not often been able to solve the issues or add the functionalities I was inquiring about, they have gone out of their way to follow up with me and keep me in the loop, as well as giving me background on when I might expect a certain bug fix or functionality add.

In our (SDR) organization, we use Outreach to automatically follow up with inbound leads, perform higher-scale outbounding efforts with Account-Based Sales Development, and drive attendance to regional events. Using Outreach in conjunction with DiscoverOrg's extensive prospect database has helped us reach the right individuals, at the right time, in the right way. One of the great benefits of using Outreach has been the ability to maintain our inbound and outbound contacts in separate CRMs, and view activity histories for prospects that previous SDRs have touched or contacted.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Outreach
Outreach review by <span>Jessica L.</span>
Jessica L.

"Gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

Outreach makes it so easy to reach a large volume of people while being targeted with your messaging. Being able to have measured feedback on how well your emails are received means you can keep tweaking until you get open and response rates as high as possible. It helps sales reps become more data-driven. This platform is the best of its kind.

What do you dislike?

Outreach can be a bit difficult to use. Their UI is not very user-friendly. Sometimes completing the most simple task can take a while due to tricky UI. The Salesforce integration has it's ups and downs, but overall everything works great and our marketing department loves it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look more into the Salesforce integration to make sure it accomplishes what you need it to. Also, make sure to get sales buy-in. This platform works best for the sales team to use. If your team needs to reach a large volume of prospects and wants data around open rates and interactions, this is for you.

Our sales team uses Outreach to reach a mass number of prospects. Outreach allows us to be very targeted in our messaging and creates efficiency for the team. Also, by looking at interaction stats, we are able to tell who is interested and needs follow up.

What Email Tracking solution do you use?

Outreach review by <span>Will M.</span>
Will M.

"Great at keeping you organized"

What do you like best?

Big fan of outreach. The SFDC integration is great and the ability to track my email opens helps a ton. You can also track clicks on content you send you can figure out who is engaging. The intelligence tiles assist in keeping company/prospect content to one screen to help make my outreach more efficient. You can easily disposition and add notes to calls which allows you to keep track of where you left off. It definitely allows you to scale your outreach to prospects.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could organize all my contacts by prospect engagement. You can really only do this with prospects that have open tasks.

Sometimes the calls drop or the headset will disconnect. However, support is usually readily available so when those issues do occur you can usually get someone to help you relatively quickly.

They beta tested voicemail drop for a while, which I loved but then they took it away. Perhaps they will roll it out again soon but it was very helpful and streamlined reps workflows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Demo it, you'll love it.

organizing outreach and being able to AB test subject lines and email content. Allows us to track phone calls and ensure that our reps are utilizing proper talk tracks with prospects.

Allows us to scale our outreach so we can engage with multiple prospects simultaneously.

Outreach review by <span>Thomas M. P.</span>
Thomas M. P.

"Sales Industry changing software"

What do you like best?

Email Sequencing is by far the best feature for our sales team.

We are now able to auto-engage every marketing lead within minutes – this helps us when we are unable to immediately respond to leads when we’re away from our desk/phone.

We can create custom sequencing touchpoints – being able to ensure timely, custom-tailored “auto” follow-ups.

For example: Free SEO audit submission on our website > triggers and sends custom “thank you” email with a CTA > no response after 5 days > triggers second custom email with CTA > no response after 10 days > triggers custom 3rd email….so on and so forth. All of this is happening in the background while the sales reps are nurturing and closing warm/hot leads.

What do you dislike?

I've run into some outbound spam problems, but I don't think that's Outreache's problem. Maybe if they could better coach on how to better craft an email that's less spammy, that would be helpful.

Freeing up reps time through better task management and automated email follow-ups. This helps our team focus on what matters - warm/hot leads.

I think the headline here is that every sales rep on our team be will able to focus a couple more hours every day on the most important tasks while the less important tasks are working in the background, and we can close the sale rep performance gap with intelligence gathered by the software.

Outreach review by <span>JJ C.</span>
JJ C.

"Streamline team operations"

What do you like best?

Enables various teams to have visibility into the prospecting process. Leveraging some communication automation but still giving the ability to personalize. Also the streamline feedback loop and recording all touches and activities in a consistent manner making tracking and reporting really easy.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve can be steep if someone has not used a tool like this in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure your operations team is involved from the start. Decide and set up governances, team structures and some essential triggers before rolling it out to the team. Do not let everyone create their own sequences because it will create disparate reporting and you will loose a lot of the key insights that could be gained. So having some sequences pre-built for the team. Allow for feedback and iteration. Identify key roles that are leveraging the program better than others and use them as tool advocates.

Providing a way for sales to be efficient in their prospecting while still tracking activities so we can see what is working and what is not working. Using the governances also allows us to provide visibility to leaders and managers that need it for coaching and team improvement.

Outreach review by <span>Dan S.</span>
Dan S.

"Outreach improved our effectiveness and visibility"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to automate certain functions of the prospecting process, while making things like personalization easier. As we implemented Outreach's platform, out business development team was able to analyze what messaging was working, what cadence was appropriate for our target prospects, and plug all of that in to sequences that everyone trusted. Also - as a manager, the data that Outreach gives you to help coach your reps is excellent.

What do you dislike?

While the data is excellent to have, it's not always easy to find exactly what you're looking for. If you have a large team and/or want to insert a bit of gamification related to activity, it can be difficult due to some of the pre-programmed leader boards and dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you test it out first. It's definitely a learning curve for reps and account managers who are coming form different tools or not tool at all.

One of the main problems we had before we started using Outreach was getting all the BDRs on the same page as far as what messaging was working. We also struggled to find out what KPIs to focus in on since the data was siloed by each individual. Outreach is helping us solve both of those issues by giving our reps the data-proven messaging that they need, and our managers the visibility to be able to coach their teams. The benefits of that is more quality meetings for our sales team. We are setting more meetings than ever before and they are higher quality because of the ease of using Outreach.

Outreach review by <span>Shane F.</span>
Shane F.

"Amazing Software for Contacting and Tracking Leads"

What do you like best?

I love that Outreach is very easy both to learn and to use. I had not used Outreach prior to my current position at the software company I work for, and it only took a few hours before I knew how to effectively use Outreach in order to carry out my daily tasks. Outreach is an amazing tool for combining the power of both emailing and calling prospects into one platform that automates everything possible, and keeps good leads in the contact loop to ensure that no opportunities fall through the cracks when you are cold or warm calling.

I also love that Outreach allows you not only to track your own activity in regards to emails, calls, voicemails, etc. but you can also track the activity of the coworkers that you have been given permissions to follow. This is a tremendous help in making sure that multiple people don't accidentally or intentionally reach out to the same prospect.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it can sometimes be slow when you are going through prospects. It can take several seconds for each new prospect to load and overtime this can add up to a fair bit of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a software to automate your email blasting without overwhelming your prospects, and to make calling prospects, whether they be cold or warm, to be efficient and easy, then I strongly recommend Outreach.

Outreach helps me as a business development representative to automate my email blasts without spamming a prospect, and it helps me to not let any opportunities fall through the cracks.

Outreach review by <span>Robert D.</span>
Robert D.

"Sales Automation for BDR,SDR, or AE. "

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the product, and the support that I have gotten has been amazing. We had everything in a running in 1 week!

What do you dislike?

It is basic, which is good and bad. It is good for adoption and getting people to use it, but I have run into 2 times that I am not able to do things the way that I want to...more of a personal preference thing then product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at sales loft, but make sure they show you the current version of the product... When I looked at they were selling the road map hard, and when I dug into what they had in the product it was a lot less then they were selling.

Try the demo, it is a great representation of the product

issues we solved

Quality of outbound emails

100% increase of outbound activity

Increase in responses

leads are getting followed up with 120% more, meaning they are calling and emailing them more then once.

We are able to identify bad leads sooner, and remove them automatically

BDRs like their job more with this tool

Outreach review by User in Internet

"A Necessity"

What do you like best?

There are 2 things I use daily with Outreach, the ability to see who is looking at my emails in real time, and the sequence system. The ability to see email opens in real-time has helped me secure many deals. I reach out when a prospect is looking at the email because I know it's on their mind and it makes the conversation much smoother. Also, the sequences are super handy. One more thing, making a call list through outreach makes logging them much easier and time effective.

What do you dislike?

I've had issues halting or pausing sequences when someone responds to an email. Perhaps it's on me, but it was pitched to us that prospects would be moved automatically. I've had to send multiple apology emails to people saying they didn't want to be emailed at the time and would get an email the next day or two.

See above

Outreach review by <span>Wyatt S.</span>
Wyatt S.

"Enhance your outreach efforts with Outreach"

What do you like best?

We use Outreach as the main platform for our Sales Development Reps and Sales Team. It is a fantastic platform to quickly and efficiently reach a large number of targets and prospects without having to devote a large amount of time to managing pipelines.

Some key items of importance:

Automating emails and using mail merge field to make custom emails

A/B Testing

Saving time by providing all the necessary data in one spot

Process Automation

What do you dislike?

I wish Outreach had more integrations with other software. However, they have had most of the integrations we've needed, and have helped us to identify solutions where integrations don't exist. Also it would be great if videos could be embedded in emails like with other email automation platforms I have used in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy this platform!!

It solves a lot of business issues, among them are the issues with reps wasting time sending emails, researching, planning out their day, losing prospects to the funnel due to poor follow up, email tracking, A/B testing etc. The list goes on and on.

Outreach review by <span>Ivan M.</span>
Ivan M.

"Awesome email platform"

What do you like best?

Outreach is a super robust email tool that is easy to use and has very wide functionality. Setting up campaigns, A/B tests within them, selecting audiences - all of this is super easy. It is also very reliable and always sends things on time. Lots of anti-spam features, lots of great little settings to make a better use of the emails. Easy upload and tagging system, easy tracking of results and great reporting. Robust support. All in all, it does all you need for your email marketing.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that didn't work so well is some of the UI - sometimes it's not really clear what a certain button does. Also, their support is not available over chat, it's email only, which means one has to wait for a reply a bit longer. None of this has been a blocker because I always got replies within 24h of sending them an email and their support team was always able to suggest a solution and even send me a screen recording with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something super small and lean + you are not sure that email marketing is definitely something you want to do, consider smaller platforms that keep it leaner. If you want a robust email tool for cold outreach or other email campaigns - Outreach is definitely the best (I checked over 15 platforms before landing with them).

We have been using it for cold email outreach

Outreach review by <span>Cameron C.</span>
Cameron C.

"Awesome Sales Engagement Solution for SDRs "

What do you like best?

Outreach has been an absolutely amazing tool to user over the past year and a half. The solution allows me to consistently work my sales target list while understanding the engagement of my prospects. This allows me to prioritize my activities with reaching out to prospects in an effort to drive interest and set meetings. Additionally, Outreach has a very straight forward user interface that doesn't take excessive training to get up and running on.

What do you dislike?

There really is not much to dislike with Outreach. At times, some of the functionality with uploading email addresses for prospects and syncing with Salesforce is cumbersome. However, overall this is a tool that is immediately easy to begin working with and has single handedly been the most impactful tool as an SDR that I've ever used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have been using Outreach for over a year and a half and have had nothing but great things to say about the tool. The support from their customer success team has been amazing as well.

Outreach solves the problem of a centralized solution for reaching out to prospects and accounts to drive pipeline for our sales team. The tool has allowed me to drive more set meetings with prospects, increase my productivity as a SDR and increase my ability to manage my pipeline.

Outreach review by <span>Jordon S.</span>
Jordon S.

"Best tool for account development"

What do you like best?

I've used a slew of these products. Outreach is definitely the most user friendly, efficient tool I've ever used in an account development/account executive role.

Being able to drop people in a (whatever number you want) step cadence is great. Being able to track open rates, clicks, replies, etc. is huge. Being able to A/B test is amazing. The best part about all of this is that it's EASY to view and digest analytics on the go.

The Salesforce integration is INCREDIBLE.

What do you dislike?

Email cadences are supposed to automatically stop when a prospect replies to an email. I've had some problems with this. It's because I have four alias email addresses that I use - so it makes it a little challenging. I've had many email conversations and screen shares with the support team to fix this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would be very helpful to have someone in the organization who already has experience with Outreach. That way you don't have to always rely on the support team. (which is great, btw).

We are making the web a more meaningful place. We proud ourselves on accomplishing a lot with a small team. Because of this, we all wear a lot of hats and being able to drop people in cadences/sequences has been a serious time saver.

Outreach review by <span>Ankurman S.</span>
Ankurman S.

"Unleas your SDR's full potential"

What do you like best?

Outreach is not a sales enablement tool. Just like the Thor has his hammer, Captain American has his shield, Outreach helps an SDR with the armor to unleash his or her full potential at the job.

The one trick I love for a batched list of prospects is to set a {{custom}} variable for a URL I want to share and then hyperlink the {{custom}} variable on the content. Works awesome.

Haven't used their dialer but my friend who crushed his quota as an ADR and got recently promoted to an AE says, it's dope.

Also, if I could give an award for the best customer chat support rep, Shannon, who commands their drift chat support would be the winner.

So if you're an SDR in charge of pure outbound and if your management is not willing to give Outreach a shot, I would start looking for another company. Period!

What do you dislike?

This may be a bug on the account I was working but -

1. Upon hitting backspace on a Windows OS, the cursor would jump straight to the first line and mess up

2. When I compose a new message, the font size is ridiculously big. But after selecting 'small/medium', it worrks good.

That's pretty much it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Already answered this in my review.

Outbound prospecting on steroids. I used Outreach during my job hunt and was cold-emailed DMs at companies I wanted to interview at.

43 interviews in 3 weeks and an offer in the end. I would take that as a win. All thanks to Outreach.

Outreach review by <span>Nicolò B.</span>
Nicolò B.

"A fully fledged Sales Engagement platform with great support"

What do you like best?

The Outreach platform is proving to be a very intuitive yet powerful tool for our sales reps to accelerate their outreach efforts.

Setting up sequences is very simple and both analytics and enrichment dashboards are very helpful. We are looking forward to testing the new meeting scheduler features which can substitute completely a solution such as Calendly.

What do you dislike?

There have been a couple of times were a user's mailbox (we use Outlook) got disconnected by themselves, and automated emails didn't go out.

For now it seems like they were isolated issues, although the fact that their support said the integration "is even more stable with Gmail" wasn't necessarily reassuring.

With Outreach we are improving Sales Reps productivity (for both emailing and calling) while also tracking a lot more into SFDC thanks to their integration, which allows us to better optimize our outbound activities.

Outreach review by <span>Alex P.</span>
Alex P.

"Outreach eliminates micromanaging your pipeline so you can focus on what matters"

What do you like best?

The best part of Outreach by far is the hundreds of micro-decisions you make in managing your pipeline - decision fatigue as a sales rep is a real productivity killer - are automatically managed, so you can increase the activities that make you successful. It's a phenomenal software

What do you dislike?

I can't say I love how prospect notes/account notes aren't able to be displayed simultaneously by things like email replies or past activity - the UI isn't bad by any means, but it seems like it could be improved upon or have a little more customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't speak to the experience with other sales process management tools, but Outreach has been great on all fronts as a user, and the company is headed in a great direction!

Sales process automation

Outreach review by <span>Casey S.</span>
Casey S.

"THE outbound tool for sales professionals"

What do you like best?

The best part of outreach is the A/B testing functionality. I can create a campaign and A/B test the subject lines for open rates, then iterate on the best subjects by maximizing the copy. Outreach automatically divides prospects through the A/B process, or you can denote it, yourself.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice if you could log multiple calls in a task. For example, if I call a number when I'm working through my X number of tasks a day and the number is WRONG, when I want to call a second number it overrides that task unless I want to exit my queue and log a whole new call. Maybe there's a better way to do it, but I don't know it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have an academy that can help you understand the capabilities of Outreach. Check it out to make sure it aligns with what you're looking for.

Outreach is helping me to reach out to more people who may not need high-touch custom email campaigns. It helps me identify key information from my prospect companies to understand if they are *even* a prospect to begin with.

Outreach review by <span>Theron A.</span>
Theron A.

"Outreach is my sales brain"

What do you like best?

I love the task automation tool. By putting my leads and opportunities into sequences, I can just push play and let Outreach tell me what to do next. The less I have to think about what comes next, the more I can just smile and dial.

I also love all the software integrations that are offered!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the permissions can be frustrating. I'll need to call someone, but the software will tell me I don't have rights to contact them, but I won't know why. Probably just an admin setting, but it would be nice to have a little mk ore visibility into the restrictions, even if I can't change them.

Emailing, calling and organizing leads and lead campaigns.

Outreach review by <span>Nichole E.</span>
Nichole E.

"The #1 tool to transform your sales process!"

What do you like best?

Outreach has allowed my team to save hours of time and keep on top of our scheduled touch points. No more missed opportunities, no more confusing schedules, and no more wasted time spent solely in my CRM! Outreach has been the perfect tool to integrate with our CRM and fits right into our current set up, with lots of added features!

What do you dislike?

Outreach is a pretty big tool! There's a lot to learn, and a lot that you miss out on taking advantage of if you don't spend the time to get to know the tool. Luckily, I've already seen improvements with their set-up process, and their training library or "university" is extremely helpful!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be worth your time to see a demonstration. Their user-friendliness and user interface is top notch and that's obvious from the website, however a demonstration is where you get to see the features in action to determine if it will solve the business problems you're experiencing.

Since implementing Outreach, we have saved a ton time while increasing our touch points and making the connections with our clients more personal. We've seen an increase in efficiency and a much better reply rate from our emails and calls. Overall the tool has provided us with measurable benefits that have drastically improved our outbound process.

Outreach review by <span>Jacki L.</span>
Jacki L.

"🚀 Transform your sales development team into a weapon of mass friendliness."

What do you like best?

I love being able to see exactly what's going on with my outreach - really great visual layout and workflows to understand what's happening by account, persona, message... you name it! I could (seriously folks) go on all day about what I love so here's just a quick list: Powerful SFDC integration, automated workflows, automatic OOO detection (pauses and restarts!!), native calendar sharing/booking, BEST DYNAMIC TAGS i've ever seen, and it works like a dream!

I used to run a team on SalesLoft and it would crash 2-4 times per week and I had zero visibility into what was going on. I've also used Yesware, Hubspot Sales, Contactually, Toutapp, and Cirrus. This is by far the best sales engagement platform I've ever used.

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve for integrating with SFDC - far more options and work flows to think through than with SalesLoft/Yesware/Toutapp/etc. Since I am not at the package level that includes white-glove setup, I've spent a bunch of time on their knowledge base and figuring stuff out. Support does do a great job and they now have The Peak for advanced best practices, etc. that's super helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you'll have a real product champion - Outreach has soooo many functionalities - have someone who will bring the enthusiasm and pursuit for best practices.

I've booked over 70 cold outbound meetings since implementing Outreach 9 weeks ago. If you're looking to build pipeline with persona-lized & high quality messaging - this is the weapon you need.

Outreach review by <span>Humberto L.</span>
Humberto L.

"One of the most user friendly CRM clients I have used"

What do you like best?

I like that it is very customizable. I haven't been able to use all of the features yet but love the way I can pull data with just a flew clicks.

What do you dislike?

Just that I haven't been able to learn all the features. I need to register for more webinars I suppose

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customization of the platform and data presented is awesome.. Easy to use and has a great appearance which is always a plus.

I've been able to keep track of my leads in a very organized and effective way. Benefits could be that I need less clicks and involvement to reach the data I need in the way I need it.

Outreach review by <span>Megan A.</span>
Megan A.

"Good product - competitive to Yesware"

What do you like best?

The ability to store and share templates, sequences and contacts is extremely useful. My favorite feature is all the data and analytics provided. We heavily utilize: Open Rate, bounced, replies, and especially contacts that are due. It's extremely helpful to also see how many times a contact has engaged with an email because then we can try to determine their level of interest to continue pursuing them.

What do you dislike?

It is a manual product. It definitely helps us automate a lot of our work, but you need to be thorough when setting up cadences. Things like spaces or extra commas could disrupt the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize their customer success/account managers if you need help or want best practices. They are very quick to jump on a call and help you.

This tool does help us automate a lot of our job. We're able to constantly have cadences running while setting up new ones to meet the needs for email selling.

Outreach review by <span>Rajesh B.</span>
Rajesh B.

"A Good Sales Automation Solution"

What do you like best?

The minimalistic design and the handy features for admins to get the ball rolling in under 3 days is awesome.

What do you dislike?

The Support. Currently only serviceable in PST time zone - by the time something has broke if you are in IST - it would have blown beyond proportions by the time Outreach support wakes up to pick it up for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have an SDR team in place and are in Growth mode - consider having Outreach to track email delivery rates, the response rates, to auto-generate tasks for SDRs, to measure conversions.

1. Customized templates based on audience

2. Stats to A/B test what kind of content gets most conversions

Outreach review by User in Internet

"Outreach is awesome!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy outreach is to build sequences and to add them to your pipeline as well as sharing them with other people to use as well. It is very user-friendly and makes building multiple versions easy. Also, I like how Outreach can work and integrate with your email account and SalesForce as well. It makes it easy to email and update leads straight from the page. Once you get to know how to use it, it is very easy and simple to understand. The metrics and numbers are super simple to understand and you are able to see what is going out and what is going in as well as how many have bounced and what is scheduled.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Outreach is slow and the results don't seem to be too accurate. Also, sometimes it will show you when someone opens the email but not when others do so I have to go online and check the numbers.

It is easy to send emails and track them which is the main part of our business. It would be very difficult if you were not able to track who opened what and when but Outreach helps you with that. I know that my emails are being seen and when to follow up with the lead.

Outreach review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Huge Fan"

What do you like best?

The tool easily integrates with Salesforce and can easily save me 1-2 hours a day of manually sending generic follow up emails to cold call prospects through sequencing. That is by far my least favorite part of my day to day as it requires no thought and a lot of manual labor.

What do you dislike?

Their reasons for this make sense to me from a billing perspective, but as an individual sales rep with limited control or influence over my company's budget, I would love the ability to purchase an individual account for myself. My company has access on a trial basis and while I can advocate for Outreach until I am blue in the face, it is hard for me to make that big an impact as one rep in one office of a global company and I imagine the same is true of most end users of a tool like this. I have done this with other sales tools in the past when my company stopped covering the expenses or moved to a different tool that I didn't like as much and would really love to do the same if that happens with Outreach too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure when you set up your templates that you are using consistent formatting, especially when copy and pasting templates from outlook or word or anywhere that you have them previously saved.

Outreach saves me countless time on manually sending canned follow up emails to cold call prospects by letting me upload my own custom CC templates and sequencing the follow ups on my schedule. That allows me to dedicate my time to prospecting and doing more meaningful work to drive sales rather than copying and pasting 100 generic emails everyday.

Outreach review by <span>Dries L.</span>
Dries L.

"Outreach makes our lives easier!"

What do you like best?

+ Seamless integration with Salesforce.

+ Removes hours/week spent on administration for our SDRs

+ Ability to tailor sequences with manual or automatic email steps

+ Great reporting features so as a manager you can really dive into team & individual performance and see what you can improve

+ Very nice customer support team, they really want to dive in and help out

What do you dislike?

- Lots of options can lead SDRs to make mistakes that block their workflow or have unexpected results (for example: editing the delivery schedule to another timezone)

- If not used well then SDRs can impact messaging from colleagues by working on 'linked templates'. These changes then cause confusion with the other SDR because his messaging suddenly changed, seemingly out of nowhere.

- Needs admin ability to block certain options for users so they cannot alter them by mistake => admins should be able to create a fixed set of sequence rulesets & delivery schedules, and assign them to certain teams. Team members (users) should not be able to create their own without admin approval.

+ The bidirectional sync with Salesforce has been really useful to automate status changes and other updates, cutting down administration time significantly

+ Thanks to Outreach our sales development team spends more time having meaningful interactions with prospects because their workflow is a lot smoother

+ As a SDR Manager I can quickly spot individual points of improvement in the reporting tab, as well as high-level statistics to discuss with management.

Outreach review by <span>Gijs B.</span>
Gijs B.

"Cutting edge BDR / SDR platform"

What do you like best?

1. There are tools that do e-mail pretty well, but few deliver a nearly seamless Integration of call and e-mail.

2. It allows for comparison of sequences that consist of calls and e-mails. This is far better than a simple overview of e-mail open/reply rates.

3. Semi-manual and automatic sending of e-mail

4. Excellent customer service

5. Active development on the tool / frequency of new releases

6. Excellent chrome extension that plugs into Gmail and SalesForce

7. Management of user responsibilities

8. Nice, clean interface

9. Easy to use reporting

10. Clear overview of a reps task list for the day

What do you dislike?

No social media (Twitter/LinkedIn) support. A generic task can be made to do something social, but it doesn't support sending anything from Outreach.

Conversations can't be categorized, so they can't be easily reviewed with reps

Admins can't move ownership of a template to themselves.

Fewer focus on partners compared to SalesLoft

If you install the chrome extension, it logs all e-mails in Outreach, including personal / internal ones. Messing up reporting and sparking privacy concerns.

Sometimes the solution feels a bit buggy, not ready for large scale deployment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a look at SalesLoft and Hubspot.

SalesLoft is a direct competitor.

Hubspot has some basic functionalities, similar to Outreach. Only makes sense if you have Hubspot already, or want a really simple installation.

Improved understanding of what's working and what not for our BDRs

Better reporting

Increased productivity vs SalesForce (slow!)

Outreach review by <span>Octavian B.</span>
Octavian B.

"Useful outbound tool, needs polishing"

What do you like best?

Outreach helps you reach more people by automating email prospecting in a way that's still personal. The ability to do call after call with just a couple of clicks is quite effective. SalesForce integration and A/B testing come in handy also.

What do you dislike?

It falls short once you have the first answer and need to follow-up. Tracking and reporting is quite limited, email & call logging is not always accurate and there's much more automation needed to make this tool complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth trying for mass prospecting and building various outbound sequences. The tool is a better fit for bulk emailing than calling since it lacks the necessary automation on calls. Following-up, measuring actual campaign results and tracking responses accurately are some of the main weak points.

Running email outbound campaigns is easier and more efficient, saving a lot of time with automated sequences. It helps get in contact with more people, but it becomes cumbersome right after that. Good for measuring response and open rates for different approaches.

Outreach review by User in Computer Software

"Awesome so far!"

What do you like best?

I have just started onboarding my team's information and the instructional videos and support has been very helpful. Their team responds quickly to even my most basic questions. The a/b testing is fantastic and I love the information they provide for each lead- you are given a ton of info including the current weather in their location.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much to put here yet. I guess if anything, it would be great if I did not have to wait for our Salesforce account needed to be set up in order to set up accounts for the new leads I add. You don't need Salesforce but since we are planning to use it, it will save me a lot of time to wait until we have accounts established there before I mass upload new leads. I would like it if accounts were created based on company name/website automatically. Note: Not sure if I am missing a work around here.

Organizing outreach, A/B testing solution, personalizing outreach, making a sale!

Outreach review by <span>Rebecca W.</span>
Rebecca W.

"Outreach makes emailing customers SO MUCH EASIER"

What do you like best?

-Ability to create and share email templates across the team. Especially with the fields that populate with customer's information

-Ability to integrate with SFDC. This makes scheduling sequences to specific contacts so easy. I set up a sequence, log into SFDC and go to the specific contact's page, and schedule the sequence.

-Insight on who opens your emails

What do you dislike?

-Outreach in Gmail is a little funky, it just doesn't work as seamlessly as I would like, but as long as you turn Outreach on it's fine

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time to really understand how to leverage the product. I have heard complaints about Outreach, and it's always from people that haven't spent any time learning how to use it. I have invested time and find it pretty easy to use and very helpful.

-outreach to customers with actions and follow ups. I love setting up sequences that take care of next steps or remind me to do them

-It is much easier to email customer's recap emails after calls with the use of templates in gmail, especially when you are sending the same hyperlinks to other docs

-When I see that a customer read my email but did not respond, I know to pick up the phone and call them

Outreach review by <span>Robert S.</span>
Robert S.

"Outreach is a Game Changer"

What do you like best?

I've implemented Outreach in two sales organizations now and can't imagine life without it.

I love the ease of implementation. http://university.outreach.io/u-setting-up-outreach You can quickly sync your gmail and Salesforce accounts with no engineering resources.

Outreach also makes it very easy to bulk upload contacts, create email templates, structure those templates into sequences and A/B test to always drive the best performance.

Additionally, their customer success team is very responsive and always has great tips to share with my team!

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything we'd change at this time.

We've been able to have our small sales team (5) function as if we were a team 10x that size. Outreach has also helped us test different subject lines and email templates for the best open and reply rates and optimize for performance.

At the end of the day it helps us drive more meetings, which leads to more revenue, so it has paid for itself many times over.

Outreach review by <span>Andrew M.</span>
Andrew M.

"Great tool for productivity"

What do you like best?

I love that I can call and email without having to log that back into Salesforce. It has a great UI. I enjoy customizing my sequences, and getting creative with how I get in touch with people.

What do you dislike?

I think Outreach can improve on prioritization of tasks. They recently came out with a way to prioritize based on importance of lead, however I think prioritizing by time zone would be the best way to do this. I have to call Europe, East coast, west coast, and Australia, and sometimes it will be past 5 PM in Europe when I finally get to that task. The ability to prioritize based on time zone would be a HUGE feature for me.

I also don't love that Outreach overrides lead status sometimes. I'll want to immediately change the lead status in Salesforce, and often times Outreach will go in and change that after the fact. Not a huge deal, but I think a little AI would solve this issue.

Much of sales is persistence and timing. Outreach solves for both of these very well.

Outreach review by <span>Ben C.</span>
Ben C.

"5 month user - Certified User"

What do you like best?

I love the Sequences and automation of emails, as well as the ability to post multiple emails and mark which ones you have tried and bounced as invalid. Ability to pull leads in from LinkedIn is amazing

What do you dislike?

Integration with Salesforce has some issues, search function feels like it is still in beta requires some knowledge of programming to navigate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to develop a strategy for emails and sequences. I highly recommend having a committee responsible for developing best sequences and welcoming mass input, but streamline the communication, otherwise a lot of people can add a lot of data and it turns into the wild west. Other than that, get prepared to handle more responses!

Putting prospects through a full sequence because often it takes 8-12 touches before hearing back

Outreach review by <span>Wilson L.</span>
Wilson L.

"For the most part works very well"

What do you like best?

When everything works well it's an amazing tool. What I love is the ability to customize the outbound emails you're doing at scale.

It's a robust tool.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes small features are broken.

Sometimes when you do things like delete tasks or reschedule tasks an error code pops up.

It's hard to see all outbound emails as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool. I've heard it's expensive, but great for teams looking to grow an SDR team and move up market.

Might not be the best tool for small companies.

In sales the biggest problem is sending lots of personalized emails as scale. This tool helps me do so.

Outreach review by <span>Chad S.</span>
Chad S.

"Powerful, Game-changing sales tool"

What do you like best?

There probably isn't enough space for me to answer this question. It has literally changed our approach to prospecting. We have tripled our output and are now building out better messaging.

What do you dislike?

Not a thing. Seriously, everyday I discover new features that blow my mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The training videos and content you get make implementation really easy.

We needed to solve a volume problem so that we could focus on quality issues. Outreach solved that problem for us overnight. We are running at a fast clip now and can do A/B testing, open/click tracking and not worry about losing things through the cracks.

Outreach review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Looks great, works ok"

What do you like best?

I like the dialer inside of Outreach. It very easy and has great call quality. I like the aesthetics of Outreach and and the reporting visibility is great. Way better than other solutions I've used before.

What do you dislike?

Out reach is very email focused. That makes it hard to track and see some of the desired visibility into calls and call details. Also it does not tie direct into Salesforce so you have to use a somewhat clunky side panel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool and excellent call quality. Very good email sequence tool if you want to have emails automated and sent for you with little to no effort.

We use outreach to speed up the prospecting process. put clients in sequences for multiple touch campaigns and then hopefully engage them for a sales conversation. Its been a great tool for our team so far and management loves it.

Outreach review by <span>Brittany P.</span>
Brittany P.

"Outreach is Every SDR's Dream "

What do you like best?

Outreach is the best platform that every Sales Rep needs to get ahold of. It helps you organize your daily tasks, reach out to prospects that have engaged with your emails/phone calls. It's a great organization tool with the right priorities.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Outreach is that it sometimes marks the status of a lead for you incorrectly. For example I will call a Business Owner but he didn't pick up but someone else on the phone and I had a long conversation - it will automatically mark it as replied. Sometimes when that happens, it won't be in your tasks or sequence anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Outreach is a great and easy to use tool from the start. You are able to track your emails, calls, and daily tasks. It's very organized and keeps you focused on what really matters - making the sales and relationship. Outreach will do the rest with who to reach out to, and when.

Organization, organization, organization. It was the backbone on a day to day with a sales rep.

Outreach review by <span>Ryan S.</span>
Ryan S.

"Outreach - you had me at sales automation platform"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that we can message consistently, contact comprehensively and track exhaustively. This answers questions that sales people have only ever answered anecdotally in the past. Is my message working? How well is it working? Is one working better than the other? How many times do I have to contact someone before they respond? And so many others. It used to be a guessing game. Now it's science, yo.

What do you dislike?

Being a new platform, I've found some inconsistencies in how reporting is done. Some screens cane be improved and functionality added. But those things are minor compared to what's already there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be able to imagine life without it.

Our onboarding time is so much faster than it used to be. Reps can come in and know on day 1 what messages work and who they should be sending that message to, how frequently and what to communicate in each interaction.

Outreach review by <span>Jacqueline N.</span>
Jacqueline N.

"uses outreach very regularly "

What do you like best?

i like that outreach helps you make lists and keep the information all organized in one place that could be accesses at another time remotely. I save a lot of time by sending mass emails at one time, and they are all easily personalizable.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that OOO emails sometimes turn a sequence into "responded", when in fact they did not respond. I don't have many complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is very helpful when you want to see if someone opens your email or not. If someone doesn't respond to multiple emails, use this to see if they are opening it, or if it isn't being sent to spam or something else .

Save so much time that you could spend on other valuable tasks. You can see when someone opens your email or opts out. Everything is stored in one place, emails and all.

Outreach review by <span>Kiyoshi K.</span>
Kiyoshi K.

"So much to learn"

What do you like best?

I'm a sponge, kind of a nerd if you will. I started with my company earlier this year as an SDR and we were JUST starting to use Outreach and find out what we can do with it. I dove in, learned everything I could, read the blog posts, toyed around in the system, watched the videos etc etc. I'm now the Outreach.io project manager/admin at Inside Sales Team and it is my job to find out how we can put the program through its paces and see what we can learn, make it scalable, and apply it to all of our projects.

My favorite thing about Outreach? The potential to do more. There is so much that you can do in the system, so much to learn, creative solutions, and so much more. I know I'm still learning the system and we've just scratched the surface of what it can be but I am looking forward to the future.

The team at Outreach has been fantastic, support gets back to me with any questions that I have and our CSM is a huge help whenever I need him. I generally try to solve all of our problems first and I do a pretty decent job but they are always there for me if I'm in a bind or can't figure something out.

What do you dislike?

I would love it if there were pre-recorded voicemails, voicemail boxes, and call waiting. Our prior solution had them and although we don't always get return calls, its nice to have a line that doesn't continue to ring. Pre-recorded voicemails save time, I understand the need to personalize but during call sprints, if we could leave auto-voicemails, made fresh daily daily, it would save time.

Depending on how advanced you want to get, there is a steep-learning curve as well but there are plenty of resources to overcome that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a demo, its worth it. See how Outreach uses Outreach. That's my goal in the future.

We've been able to increase activity across the board, track email stats better so we know what's working and what isn't. We have the challenge of working not only in our Salesforce but some clients of ours have asked us to also work alongside their Salesforce so how we organize the reporting has come in handy as opposed to logging in to each instance of Salesforce, we can use Outreach data for some of our statistics.

Outreach review by <span>David C.</span>
David C.

"Outreach has been a great tool for our sales team."

What do you like best?

Outreach has been very beneficial for our sales team. We use sales force as our main way of working through leads. Outreach sinks up with the sales force platform and is a very convenient way of managing contact with leads.

What do you dislike?

At times we have come across the problem where outreach struggles to overcome minor mistakes. It is at times a little fickle to work with but overall it hasn't been a big issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would recommend this product to others because it has been very beneficial and I have been happy with the product.

We use Outreach to be more efficient with our outbound leads. It is a lot easier and quicker for us to manage emails through outreach.

Outreach review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"SQL Server 2012 Users"

What do you like best?

SQL Server 2014 more powerful in terms of storage and performance oriented. Capable of running in parallel processing (Parallel threadings). As well lot of user-defined functions which is overriding the legacy queries. Compared to 2008 it is capable of good in terms of holding the RAM size. prior 2008 had 64GB, however, it is holding 640GB.

What do you dislike?

1. Not good for Enterprise Datawarehouse since the size of DB is very small. Comparing with Big Data, Teradata it is having only maximum holding size of 10TB. Not good for retrieving data back in smaller minutes. So performance is good only for smaller applications since it is holding a very smaller amount of data only.

2. Cost is high for less TB in size, basically licensing cost is more. However handling size is also less. Only good with .Net applications and not with EDW applications for storages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NA, and everything is good.

1. Migrating to new DB based on reviews seen and able to see licensing cost also.

Outreach review by <span>Laura T.</span>
Laura T.

"Sales Enablement Masters! "

What do you like best?

Outreach sets your day up for you. Once you sequence people, you plug and play. There is no reverting back to Salesforce to manager your workflow.

What do you dislike?

SFDC integrates with outreach, but it's not vice versa. This makes it so you have to double enter information, specifically general account notes. Also would be fabulous if there was a demo self scheduling link (although I hear that's coming!).

You can really tell what prospects are very engaged with your outreach, you master your work day but going through your tasks, and it's very specific and detailed so you know exactly what you need to do next.

Outreach review by <span>Katie P.</span>
Katie P.

"Outreach provides full experience in client connection"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to customize sequences. It is extremely helpful that I can share sequences with my colleagues, view response and open rates, as well as chart client activity. I love the ability to import multiple contacts using CSV file which is quick and painless.

What do you dislike?

Outreach will suspend or halt clients in a sequence if they are active in another sequence. This poses as a problem if my colleagues have reached out to someone fairly recently and I am unable to reach out to them but also unable to stop their sequence. It can be quite confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using this program if you want to increase your productivity, improve customer relationships, and streamline approaches.

I have been able to improve my efficiency by reaching out to clients in a manner that proves caring and personal. I can clearly compare response rates between different campaigns and see what is working and what needs to be altered.

Outreach review by <span>Malcolm D.</span>
Malcolm D.

"Pretty Vital if you want to crush activities without losing quality"

What do you like best?

Outreach was implemented about a month into my tenure as a BDR at my company, and the difference from using a solution like Yesware or Toutapp was night and day.

Not only does the task view and dialer enable you to rip through emails and calls at breakneck pace, their new overview additions allow you to bring up relevant triggers quickly. The email template builder also lets me, as a BDR, test and create my own custom templates, outside of our team built ones, to review their stats after to compare. The Sequences also make organization much easier, allowing me to dial and email without thinking about order, as it automatically cues up the next task in the sequence.

Finally, It works with SFDC seamlessly in a tabbed-esque view, and let's you quickly add information from prospects Linkedin with little to no issues.

What do you dislike?

The notes field needs a bit of imporvement so it can be viewed on the same screen as the overview screen, and having it just pull and / or push directly from the SFDC notes field would be nice. Also, this is rare, but sometimes calls fail to log back to SFDC. This is a bug though that I know is currently being worked on though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely hook up the dialer when you trial or implement, then you can tear through sequences with ease.

It reduces the number of clicks and general admin work, and just consolidates everything I need as a BDR. And the UI just works. I can make 20+ more dials and emails a day compared to using just SFDC, or a couple of other dialers I've used in the past.

Outreach review by <span>Paul B.</span>
Paul B.

"Powerful automation"

What do you like best?

Outreach can be tailored to almost any inside sale's workflow to increase productivity. Inbound lead responses, outbound prospecting, general meeting followup , etc.. It has the power to take an average rep and super charge their productivity. The reporting is also fantastic. Their A/B reporting is second to none in this space. Finally, the inherent design of the product leads me to believe that Outreach simply understands the workflow of an inside sales rep more so than its competitors.

What do you dislike?

There are numerous settings within Outreach that make it incredibly powerful but also confusing. This is the trap of enterprise software: large companies require an extreme layer of control and security that makes user interfaces and deployments challenging. Many times I've found myself chasing down conflicts between my settings and those of my organization.

Companies with shorter and higher volume sales cycles have a massive opportunity to "work smarter". I've used Outreach at two different employers (and tried to bring it in to a third) because I simply know that by using Outreach I will sell more.

Outreach review by <span>Samuel T.</span>
Samuel T.

"Simply the best outbound sales enablement tool "

What do you like best?

Outreach helps sales team be more productive at handling volume of leads with ease. When you want to touch a lot of prospects at scale per rep, you need a tool that can do it like clock work. Outreach helps you do that.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit complicated. If you are familiar with using other email marketing tools with custom work flows and campaigns, then some of the functionality would come easier to utilize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a systemize way to create templates. If you don't follow a good naming convention and there are a lot of different users sharing templates, it's going to get really ugly really fast.

We wanted to reach cold prospects at scale. We want to increase the quantity and quality of leads generated. We also want to automate some of the personalization and customization of messages to make the emails more relevant to the recipients.

Outreach review by <span>Jewell K.</span>
Jewell K.

"Awesome!"

What do you like best?

Outreach lets me do 10 times the amount of work I normally could. It allows me to drop sales leads into sequences and have emails automatically send. its integrated with Salesforce so that I can see all the previous contact info with my leads in salesforce. It also allows me to manage tasks that I need to remember. Lets say a lead asks me to contact them in 3 months-- I can just create a task to be sure that nothing falls through the cracks. Pretty much Outreach is awesome and I love it!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes outreach can be a little slow if you have a lot going on or you're using the dialer and thats my only issue. I've also had a couple issues with mailbox syncing but never anything major

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to use this. Its awesome!

Solving the problem of getting in touch with leads and making sure to touch them every few days. The huge benefit is that Outreach allows you to do the work that 4 people would do by auto sending emails to unresponded. I also love the history it keeps so that you can always see all contact you've had with that lead.

Outreach review by <span>Natalie H.</span>
Natalie H.

"Very helpful!"

What do you like best?

The automated nature of it removes a huge headache around having to manually follow up with prospects. I love that it plugs into salesforce too! This way I can pull my prospects straight from there.

What do you dislike?

There is a sequence my whole sales team uses that is setup in EST. I sometimes want to push my messages to send immediately and not 14 hours later (the next morning), and always struggle to do this through the salesforce extension.

I have to manually go into outreach to push it usually. This would be a nice to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! We are in the tech age and if you don't keep up with the automated processes being released, you will be overshadowed by those who are!

increasing productivity when it comes to prospecting customers. I can focus on getting new customers/ having verbal conversation, instead of taking time to copy and paste the same messages to prospect that most likely wont answer anyways.

Outreach review by <span>Jack S.</span>
Jack S.

"This tool is very helpful for our email campaigns"

What do you like best?

I like how we are able to make outbound email campaigns with ease! Increasing the amount of emails we are sending everyday has had a positive uptick in demos booked. I also like how it creates a task list for me so it makes it easy for me to start my day by just going through the task list.

What do you dislike?

How the email tracking can be a little spotty. Have seen a lot of emails that were marked as unread by recipients, but when I call them they tell me that they forwarded it on to their whole team to read. I have also seen it go the other way when it says they have read the email several times, but when I call them they have no idea what I am talking about (might be human error though.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Automation will make your life so much easier. It might take awhile to implement, but it well worth the time and energy getting it all set up.

Increased the amount of marketing emails we are sending out on a weekly basis. This allows us to hit more targets with half the work.

Outreach review by <span>Javier C.</span>
Javier C.

"Success In A Bunch"

What do you like best?

The best thing that I like about Outreach is that you have total control over the way your messages will be perceived by potential customers. From sequence scheduling to tracking engagement, it allows me to be efficient with my time. I view Outreach as a way to make money in your sleep. With customizing the right schedule and disbursement methods, it allows me to focus on what matters most : prospecting and cold calling!

What do you dislike?

As of right now, I think that a company should not have a limit on how many emails they choose to send to one company in a day. Everyone has there own system and if we are aware that we potentially can be blocked by sending too many emails at once, then that is our fault. I say this because I found a way to send 30 in one day as long as I do a good job at disbursement and verification.

Efficiency. Cutting down time in a particular area will create time in another and it allows us to focus on what drives leads that lead to money: prospecting and cold calling.

Outreach review by <span>Mindy C.</span>
Mindy C.

"My communication with prospects is made easy and Efficient with Outreach."

What do you like best?

The ability to use sequences is a game changer for me. It allows me to quickly communicate with prospects with a very thoughtful message. I am also able to see the success of my messages and tweak as needed. I cann not say enough how much time Outreach saves me. I looooooove it, and my work day depends on it.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could mass send emails to prospects instead of having to individually send out emails and marketing sequences to each one.

Huge time saver for me. I am able to craft well thought out emails and marketing sequences and quickly send them out over and over again. It is so nice to be able to kick out a template that is thorough and well written without even having to think. I am also able to see the success of my messaging and quickly make changes if I need to. This is a must have tool for all sellers and marketing departments.

Outreach review by <span>Taylor T.</span>
Taylor T.

"Outreach is simply the best!"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity and ease of use. It's a huge time saver and is very intuitive to use! Service is awesome and always helpful/responsive. It also significantly helps align communication strategy across our internal team and allows you to better manage outreach from both an individual and collaborative standpoint.

What do you dislike?

Bugs pop up here and there, but the team is always quick to notify and address the issues.

I've used Outreach in both a sales prospecting and customer success capacity and in both instances the tool has been incredibly valuable. From a prospecting standpoint, we built sequences to target prospects and create messaging that applied to various segments. It created a way to easily manage tasks and easily manage the prospects you input into the system. From a customer success standpoint, we use it better communicate with groups/segments of customers depending on the products they use/what would matter to them and ensure communication is timely, organized and effective. In both cases, Outreach served as a repository for all communication and helped streamline activity and communication strategies across our internal teams.

Outreach review by <span>Aaron M.</span>
Aaron M.

"I LOVE outreach"

What do you like best?

It practices what we preach: focusing on the prospects that matter most. I can see who's looked at my email the most times and skip the ones that don't care. I'm also able to follow up with multiple prospects at the same time. I really love that I can create my own and experiment, too.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it glitches and won't send pictures through the sidebar

Recommendations to others considering the product

Experiment with it a lot. It took me several months of not doing much before I decided to just go all in. Once I did, I was able to learn best practices and set plans in motion for myself.

It takes so much follow up off my plate! It helps a ton with cold prospecting and following up. Our business is about telling our clients which prospects are most important to them. This helps me do the same for myself by prioritizing those prospects that have viewed my emails the most times.

Outreach review by <span>Aaron H.</span>
Aaron H.

"Sales Operations Analyst"

What do you like best?

I like all of the customizability and interactivity with Salesforce. I like that I can insert any salesforce field into an outreach email. I really like the customer service, awesome team there.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the methods for searching and sorting through prospects. I can't search for prospects by field without putting in the field API code and using EXACTLY the right format. There should be some kind of advanced search functionality for this. There isn't enough reporting or data analysis. Importing prospects from salesforce is a chore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other softwares that do the same thing but also provide lead gen capabilities. Outreach needs to head down this road to survive.

We're trying to reach learning and development folks. The problem is the DMs usually have wildly different titles. A DM with a certain title at one company could is not always the same as someone from a different company with the same title. So we need to reach everyone in learning at a specific company.

Outreach review by <span>Matthew L.</span>
Matthew L.

"Great product with room to grow!"

What do you like best?

I love the automation of sequences. Not having to go in and launch a touch and have that on my calendar gives me a lot more time for other tasks.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not having as much control as I'd like in how things are sorted etc. For example tasks, I'd love to be able to sort those how I want, like by number of email opens or by company, etc. I dislike how difficult/complicated it is to add a contact from LinkedIn to Salesforce using outreach. Outreach does a great job of pulling data from salesforce but not the reverse. It's still much easier for me to add a contact to salesforce and push it outreach than it is to add to outreach and push to salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely provide a training for your employees to learn how to use it. It can be quite complicated to learn and understand at first. A brief walk through/demo is not enough. Need a more hands on approach to learning it instead of watching a live stream of someone demoing its capabilities.

Less admin work on a daily basis. More organized on campaigns/sequences being run by having all messaging in a certain place saved potentially to each user. Automation has just made job easier with launching and ending campaigns and knowing who is in them.

Outreach review by <span>Ronny S.</span>
Ronny S.

"Changes the ease of communication for both sales and customer success"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use, I love the service, I love what it does for my teams time. Its an amazing tool

What do you dislike?

Like all new fast growing techs there are some quirkiness but the support team is incredibly responsive.

Ive used Outreach as both a sales director and customer success director, and it has done amazing things for both. For my sales reps, having a clear comm track for every prospect they approach, the ability to test messaging and make pivots on the go is a huge gift to production - and then the analytics it spits back helps my understanding of overall team and content performance. With CS we manage most of our 1:many csm work via outreach, and we've moved much of customer marketing away from marketo - Outreach has become our content/communication repository, and added not only time savings but additional polish to how we work with customers.

Outreach review by <span>Franco V.</span>
Franco V.

"Good for Mass outreach"

What do you like best?

The system works well for mass outreach. It saves me time by being able to tackle all of my clients quickly. I also like being able to look at the data and stats associated with the mass outreach.

What do you dislike?

The UX doesn't work well for writing email copy within the platform. Deleting characters effects the spacing. I just write emails in a doc and cut and paste to outreach.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The UX needs to be more clean. Having to reload, and constantly update info and save is cumbersome. Plus, I can not write emails or edit email copy within the platform, The form used is wonky, and when i try and delete words or paragraphs it effects the entire spacing of the copy, even when its not part of the sentence I'm editing. That can be frustrating.

Mass emailing, saves time. It took me a lot of time writing individual emails and using my outlook to manage them all. The platform helps track opens, link clicks, and the opt out feature is very helpful.

Outreach review by <span>Christopher H.</span>
Christopher H.

"Elegance AND Functionality!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact I can send out a mass mail either at one specific time I create based on time zone, around compelling events, etc. OR I can add contacts individually to a cadence and the rest is automated entirely! The UI is easy and smooth and when there's an error with a contact, e.g. duplicate, etc. it's easy to delete or remove the contact and reset. The Salesforce sync also allows me to run SFDC reports on the best email campaigns. Obviously, Outreach provides some rich analytics as well that are easily digestible.

What do you dislike?

There is a fair amount of bugs from time to time and customer services has not been the fastest. Having said that, the problems are usually resolved and the one's we've had are generally because there's been an update that's improved the product.

Obviously reducing the friction involved in sales outreach. I've used previous platforms before rife with excel spreadsheets and it would really disincentivize reps in creating email campaigns. With Outreach.io, they love to fill the funnel each day, because they know it's so easy to set up.

Outreach review by <span>Kelly D.</span>
Kelly D.

"Outreach Saves Me A Ton of Time"

What do you like best?

I LOVE the Chrome extension that Outreach offers. It helps me prospect 2x faster by dropping in outbound prospects into personalized campaigns straight from Salesforce. It puts me at ease knowing that those folks who don't respond right away will receive the second touch and it's not on me and my memory to remember to follow up when a prospect doesn't respond right away.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more personalization available. Outreach can be a bit buggy occasionally (send out an email even after the prospect responded).

I've been able to expand the number of leads I'm able to work and cut down the time I'm spending on mindless busy work within my job. I can use that time to craft more personalized first touches for outbound campaigns or dedicate that time to prep for our phone conversations. Especially when following up to schedule a next step - Outreach saves me a ton of time by allowing me to just drop a prospect into my campaign.

Outreach review by <span>Lisa M.</span>
Lisa M.

"Great for ABM, could be better for prospecting"

What do you like best?

I love that outreach enables our teams to create specific sequences for contacting prospects. We used to use software that only allowed for one-offs. It was a very inefficient way to reach contacts. With sequences we are able to create call tasks and check metrics for entire sequences, seeing what subject lines begin to lower open rates.

What do you dislike?

I do like the outreach everywhere plugin, especially combined with sales navigator. However-- I believe it could be much more efficient in sales navigator. For example: Lets say you search a specific set of metrics in Lead Builder and want to add 20 people from the results that show up. Currently, you would have to click on every profile one by one and push them to salesforce. It would be much more efficient to be able to select those 20 individuals and add them all at once.

Also-- I don't currently have a way to track every individual currently active-- NOT emails sent per day. This is a feature you guys have but for whatever reason as I am on my client's salesforce and not IST's I don't have a way to track this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is already a great tool for ABM... much better than Engagio's newer product which we have also reviewed. I would continue along this path while also not closing yourself off from companies that don't use ABM approaches. You have an amazing product!

We are increasing our efficiency in contacting prospects, as well as being able to track how an entire touch sequence performs overall.

Outreach review by <span>Hillary Q.</span>
Hillary Q.

"Outreach for outbound emails"

What do you like best?

I love that we can track other team members' emails so we know who everyone else has reached out to. We also use it to automate things like follow ups, next steps and tasks.

What do you dislike?

I would love for there to be a way to track the stage an account is in, rather than just tracking the stage of individuals within an account. However, the Outreach team has added a couple features for account-based sales and it looks like this feature is in the pipeline (*fingers crossed*).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely would recommend outreach, especially if you're looking for an easy way to automate follow up emails & tasks, in addition to keeping communication open with other team members.

We needed a way to streamline outreach to new/potential clients and keep everyone on our team up to date on the status of those clients. We also needed a way to follow up with existing clients as they move through our integration process. Outreach has been a helpful tool to make sure we're following up with clients and not double-tapping new leads.

Outreach review by <span>Melissa K.</span>
Melissa K.

"Awesome tool, needs some reliability upgrades "

What do you like best?

Great interface that allows for significant functionality. Allows you to both completely automate and semi-automate campaigns by adding a prospect to a sequence after a few personalized messages. The task interface is also extremely helpful and easy to use, especially the functionality to automatically create a call task after a certain number of opens on an email. Overall, a huge upgrade from our last tool and has added significant value to our sales team.

What do you dislike?

My main dislike is that the platform is not reliable. There have been many instances where certain essential features will stop working for indefinite amounts of time and Outreach has not always been quick in providing a solution or communication. If that platform worked perfectly 95% of the time I would give it 9-10 stars but in my experience, it only works seamlessly for a week or two at a time before something breaks.

- Alternating between personalized and segmented/automation outreach

- Streamlining workflow and tasks

- Efficiency in sales outreach

Outreach review by <span>Charlotte H.</span>
Charlotte H.

"Good, but some bug issues"

What do you like best?

Templates, step by step emails (i.e. automation, set and forget), easily pull people out of any step as needed without having to start the sequence over again.

What do you dislike?

Some bugs periodically. Wish it was easier to bulk email.

Limited integration with SFDC - not the best when it comes to tracking everything or annoying that it doesn't sync notes from calls to SFDC so I stopped using it for call sequences.

Storing templates, reaching out to customers on a consistent basis, staying organized through out a sales cycle/ prospecting.

I personally have used Outreach at two companies - OneLogin and Peek. I thought it was a really useful sales tool for prospecting and making sure you're following up with potential customers as needed. It was especially useful for nurturing campaigns because I could create templates and set them up for months out. I'd love to still be using it but at Peek, we started running into spam issues with mass emailing and they removed Outreach as we were doing more cold calling outreach than emailing anyways.

Overall, Outreach was a helpful sales tool and I'd like to use it again in the future.

Outreach review by <span>Steven P.</span>
Steven P.

"So far outreach with Outreach has been Outstanding"

What do you like best?

I ease of use for the agents and the depth of options, settings, and tweaks at an admin level.

I appreciate the organization across many different levels. i.e., by tasks, prospects, sequence, etc. I have liked the new update adding in all the aggregate data onto the overview page. I think that gives a good perspective prior to the Outreach, no pun intended.

I also like the number of integrations into SFDC, the extension and the plugins.

What do you dislike?

With the layers, options and settings sometimes comes a number of different issues with the duplicate menus, changing toolbars and hidden dropdown.

I wish there was a little more customization in the plugin settings. It would be nice to be able to label how different sequences and steps post activity in Salesforce. In addition to calls and emails, we use Outreach for a number of generic tasks, ie. "Send the prospect a LinkedIn Connection". Therefore it would be nice to have that particular step be labeled explicitly and not in the bracketed string that comes over.

We do all of our reporting out of SFDC so the LinkedIn connection step maybe task 1 in one sequence and task 6 in another. This causes us to have to create a "map" to interpret all the activity meaning.

It would be nice to be able to sort prospects by additional (and custom) criteria. ie. Data source, etc.

One other things we've had to find a work around for in the our "Lead Status Detail" is would be nice to be able to create custom dropdown menus at a prospect level that maps to SFDC. That way Stage could be mapped to Lead Status and we could create a custom dropdown for detail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a bit of a learning curve to be able to use all of the features, etc. so patience can be a virtue.

Once you have everything up and running, and assuming the the team you are implementing it with are on board and willing to learn, it is a great investment.

Their support is also top notch and very willing to help.

Outreach has given us the ability to test different cadences (sequences), timing and messaging. Something that would have been convoluted to accomplish in SFDC.

By creating generic tasks for LinkedIn connections and interactions we are able to (somewhat) report on Social activity.

Outreach review by <span>Erik A.</span>
Erik A.

"Outreach ROCKS"

What do you like best?

I love having the ability to create sequences with A/B split testing and see how different emails and subject lines are working. I create a TON of templates and then have a 3-4 email sequence that is generally the same content for emails 2-4. I will drop in a template that is specific to the lead for the initial but Outreach does the rest for me. I love that a task is created for me to reach out to the lead once they have opened their email 3 times or more. Customer Support is fast and are very good at sending video instructions rather than just telling you how to do something via email. They are the real deal!

What do you dislike?

Syncing SFDC to Outreach is something that I would like to see, but without it I am still able to do my job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the words of Nike - Just Do It! You won't be disappointed.

Having email sequences created in Outreach that we can drop emails into and have those emails go out at specific times over 3-4 or more emails saves a ton of time for those folks that don't have a phone number. Helps me keep on top of leads that are actively looking at my emails. I love that it syncs to SFDC.

Outreach review by <span>Joshua C.</span>
Joshua C.

"Great Product With Organization and Visual Benefits"

What do you like best?

I like pretty much everything about this product.

I love how you can set sequences to allow for automatic e-mails to be sent, mixed in with scheduled calls. It's so incredibly easy to open up my tasks for the day and see exactly who I have to call and it is ready to go for me.

I love the SalesForce integration that allows me to immediately upload someone into Outreach and put them on a sequence without leaving the Lead or Contact page.

I love how I can log calls and see my daily, weekly, and biweekly progression and see the percentage of calls I've made more of, compared to the week before. It drives me to want to make more of those calls and really get on the phones.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that if I schedule a task to call someone outside of a sequence and then make that call and log it, it does not go towards my weekly call count. Never quite understood why, but that would have to be my only qualm about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using SalesForce and want a way to send out e-mails and make calls all with the click of a button? This product is for you. It's helped me ramp up my production week after week and assists me in staying organized and prepared every morning.

I'm solving multiple things at once. I'm automatically sending out sales e-mails, getting touches by making calls and logging them, and having those call tasks ready to go keeps me organized. Using Outreach is a win-win.

Outreach review by <span>Marcus J.</span>
Marcus J.

"Huge time saver, incredible way to automate otherwise monotonous follow up. "

What do you like best?

I LOVE outreach. As an outbound focused Inside Sales Rep, my entire team and I use outreach to customize initial/follow up messages with specific contacts whom we want to engage in conversation.

Outreach has given me back so many hours in my day it is ridiculous....my numbers and productivity have shot way up since I started using this tool.

I would recommend outreach to any sales department who is looking to create custom messaging, and have a software tool handle the follow up. I have already recommended Outreach to multiple friends also involved in Tech.

What do you dislike?

Very little if anything. If you forced me to complain about the tool, I would say that sometimes when you are trying to send messages to a specific within SalesForce from the Outreach plugin, it occasionally sends back an error message and won't let you put the contact in Outreach. This happens very rarely, I'm sure this issue will be resolved in future releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it. Super easy to use, and you will save a TON of time.

With Outreach, the entire Inside Sales Team has found more hours in our day to focus on other, non-automate able tasks. We have seen a sharp increase in more good meetings after we began using the tool.

Outreach review by <span>Alex R.</span>
Alex R.

"Outreach - Efficiency Redefined"

What do you like best?

Outreach has been such an upgrade for the tasks that I do daily. They have managed to compile several very useful tools in the sales prospect/pipeline world and make it simple to use. Tracking is very very helpful and the automation of sequences really helps to lean out the process of working with new leads and throwing them in your pipeline.

What do you dislike?

While email tracking is pretty important, there is sometimes confusion as to when the person last opened the email. usually two time stamps are given which can be confusing to see whether or not the prospect really did open the email.

Being able to use HTML in email signatures would also be nice when sending an email through outereach via gmail. Our standard email signatures do not look as clean as they do in gmail as a standalone email, being that we have customized email signatures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend everyone try this out at least for a trial. You will find that it helps you to scale up your business and be better at what you do. Infrastructure helps build a business.

One of the most overlooked problems when it comes to business is timing. Especially in sales, time can make or break your sale. The email tracking really does help this timing to be quite effective. If I notice that the email was read out of the state where I know my prospect lives, I assume they are traveling or are out of town - I can make an educated decision to hold off and re-approach this lead at a later time.

A big benefit has been the sequences. Previously in salesforce, I was having to go from lead to lead sending out templated emails, now I can put leads in a sequence and know they will get pushed out of the sequence once they reply. Automation here saves me LOADS of time.

Outreach review by <span>Mark H.</span>
Mark H.

"Not Very Intuitive "

What do you like best?

I like that You can easily manage your tasks from the 360 view, scrolling through one at a time. I also like how easy it is to log the lead/activity into Salesforce - that feels very seamless.

What do you dislike?

It's not very intuitive - a lot of clicks to set up the sequences. I'm a pretty technological guy but it took me asking a colleague who has used it for a long time how to set things up several times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would also look at SalesLoft - much easier to use and overall a better UX.

Task management can be a sales reps biggest challenge, given that we can have hundreds of tasks a day depending on how many prospects you are trying to reach. Outreach makes this easy and effortless IF you have your sequences set correctly. Once outreach is set it's a dream to work with - you get email notification in the morning, letting you know that its cold call stage and you have X amount of calls to make.

Outreach review by <span>Michael A.</span>
Michael A.

"Outreach Review"

What do you like best?

Click to dial and sequences. Saves a lot of time

What do you dislike?

Navigation is sometimes not the best. For example, completing a task and auto moving to the next task even though many times I want to stay on that prospect. Also, for manual emails within sequences I would like them to pop up right away after completing first task. For example complete call within sequence which then takes it to manual email step. Rather than taking me right to the email it takes me to the next task and I might not get to the manual email till an hour or two later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend if you have consistent leads in which you reach out to with similar content/messages. The only other sales platform I have tried is salesloft. Outreach offers much more flexibility in terms of customizing your outreach while also being able to quickly get through tasks.

Click to dial is pretty sweet.

There is a few bugs that come up every now and then but overall it seems like Outreach is pretty on top of performance issues and resolves quick

Mainly just speed. Allowing me to reach more prospects throughout the day

Outreach review by <span>Brennan W.</span>
Brennan W.

"Powerful software made simple"

What do you like best?

Outreach allows me to ensure I connect with prospects in the most efficient manner. I can batch email campaigns and call blocks seamlessly, without worry of missing a prospect or the next step needed. The Gmail integration let's me integrate Outreach without having to leave my known workflow. We used Salesloft and ToutApp before. Outreach is in a totally different league. First class!

What do you dislike?

Hard to think or any. Like any software Outreach was not specifically built for my company so it is not 100% fit. But a 95% fit is more than I could ask for. The price is more expensive than other software, but I can't even call those other softwares comps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a reason it costs more. This is a case, where the additional cost is justified by the benefit.

We use Outreach primarily for all correspondence with prospects and current clients. Outreach has increased my connect rate and ensured no one slips through the cracks.

Outreach review by <span>Ben S.</span>
Ben S.

"Outreach is great "

What do you like best?

I really like the reporting features - it's really easy to see who is opening my emails and how often so I can prioritize where to spend my time.

The real-time feed on the right is also a great feature! Keeps you on top of how emails are being received.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really stands out...I've used Salesloft and Yesware - Outreach, so far, has been a much better experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sequences for each company instead of bulk emailing.

The obvious business problem is sending out a lot of emails quickly and efficiently. The less obvious one though is while going through cadences now, it's really easy to see who has been engaging with emails (opening, clicking, etc...) so on the fly I can decide if I want to spend an extra few minutes personalizing a note or not depending on the level of engagement. By sending more personalized emails only to prospects who are opening and engaging with my emails I've seen a huge uptick in responses and meetings.

Outreach review by <span>Stephen E.</span>
Stephen E.

"Excellent tool for outbound sales emails"

What do you like best?

Outreach is very user friendly, with a solid interface that is intuitive and logical. The ease with which you can create sequences is really impressive. Also impressive is the flexibility of the sequences themselves, again being very intuitive to tailor to your exact needs.

I'm also a huge fan of the Outreach support team. If something does happen to go awry, they respond very quickly, professionally, and I've yet to have an issue that didn't get resolved within a 12 hour window.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there are some design kinks that irritate me, but overall I really like the tool. One thing I believe that would help increase productivity in using the tool to create and manage sequences would be hotkeys to navigate through the different tabs and screens. But that's nitpicking.

We're using outreach to send and track emails that we use as our primary sales and product awareness communications. We're definitely brought customers on from using Outreach.

Outreach review by <span>Patrick C.</span>
Patrick C.

"Outreach.io Review"

What do you like best?

Outreach is perfect for follow up emails and making sure a prospect never goes untouched. It has some great integrations, including pretty good Salesforce and Datanyze plugins. The ability to create lists in Datanyze and mass upload them to Outreach is very useful.

Perhaps the best part of Outreach is the ability to upload Salesforce reports into a sequence. This proves to be helpful after marketing events such as conferences or webinars.

What do you dislike?

It is a very dangerous tool. If there is one mistake made (such as a typo, spacing error, format issue, etc.), you can blast 100's of prospects with an errant message.

Outreach is also not very granular. If you'd like to tweak a second or third email in a sequence for a particular prospect, you can't. Once the prospect is started in a sequence, it's final. Very frustrating when you'd like to drop reference customers in a follow up email and you can't because there is no access to edit that step for a single prospect.

Also, the default formatting is slightly funky -- odd font. I don't know why they don't just make it the same as Gmail's default settings...my two cents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Phenomenal for following up with prospects (inbound requests), must be careful when prospecting to mass audiences.

We are solving the issue of following up with prospects. It can be extremely tedious and cumbersome to remember to follow up with a prospect (particularly email 3/4), and Outreach makes it doable. It saves hours upon hours of time writing emails

Outreach review by <span>Alex A.</span>
Alex A.

"Task Management and Email Sequencing that works"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and UX. The UX integrates with my salesforce account, outlook email, and phone seamlessly. I use the system for inside sales and it keeps my hundreds of emails, calls, and tasks sorted and synchronized perfectly. If you use the email sequencing feature religiously it will result in increased sales and productivity. This system is the reason that I'm hitting my sales quota's each month with increasing sales month over month since I started with outreach.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am not able to maintain a task page in outreach when I switch between contact pages on Salesforce because it means I have to check my tasks, then find the client page in salesforce, and then reclick into tasks to annotate and complete the task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you use it regularly to maximize benefits.

We are aiming to reach out to clients via email and phone call to sell them a lead generation platform built to help Home Builder sell homes. Tracked emails and timed sequences that respond to previous actions taken by me do a much better job of getting replies than if I were to craft emails through outlook and send them manually.

Outreach review by <span>David W.</span>
David W.

"Productive + Effective= Stellar Results"

What do you like best?

I have been using Outreach.io for just over a month now and it has changed the was that I engage with prospective clients. Outreach enables me to reach out to many more prospects each and every day - and the result is MORE BUSINESS. As a sales person, we can never find enough time to prospect effectively. My results have doubled since using Outreach.io. I went from scheduling 10-15 meetings per month to 20-30. Amazing results and it is an intuitive product with a clean UI. Would highly recommend at least taking a look.

What do you dislike?

So far, I do not dislike anything about Outreach. I am not a power user in any way but I use it to amplify my production where I would have never been able to have as much activity with as many prospects as I do today with Outreach.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Request a Demo!

I am increasing sales opportunities with Outreach. For me it is an AMAZING prospecting tool to engage with as many prospective clients as I can fathom. I have gone from 10-15 demos (old school) to 20-30 per month with Outreach.

Outreach review by <span>Daniel F.</span>
Daniel F.

"Robust and comprehensive solution for sales reps looking to do more in less time"

What do you like best?

Outreach's functionality is by far superior to competitors (have used one previously, and extensively demoed two others). The functionality is really user-driven and is able to be flexible to the roles and responsibilities of the user.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could use a lot of work as it's often confusing to navigate. Also, I interact with the platform in various different places (browser tab, salesforce extension, linkedin extension, soon to be outlook) which creates a somewhat confusing experience as I don't have one "true" way of using the tool like how Outlook and Slack is a standalone app, or SalesLoft is a standalone browser window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We suggest having extensive conversations detailing your sales processes from start to finish with several providers, including Outreach, and have them demonstrate how their solution is best suited for your processes or can enhance your current state of play.

As an Account Executive, Outreach enables me to automate my follow-ups to prospects and contacts who haven't responded to my first customized email.

Outreach review by <span>Eric P.</span>
Eric P.

"Automated waves of follow-ups? Perfect! "

What do you like best?

In sales, I've heard and read the phrase, "the money is in the follow up.." a countless number of times over the years. Well, thank you Outreach, you've definitely made my life easier and more efficient. With hundreds to thousands of emails going out every week, it's easy for following up on an ignored email to slip through the crack but Outreach does an amazing job at automating that process. It's also great to be able to see if prospects have opened your email too.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints. Outreach has been very agile, adding on additional features such as the ability to customize emails often. Outreach has also been very responsive to customer service inquiries, doing their best to address the concerns as fast as possible.

We're solving business problems such as lack of follow up, persistence, customization of emails, and wondering if the emails were viewed/opened. We're able to A/B test to see which sequences and subject lines are most effective and it's great to see which ones get the most opens/replies.

Outreach review by <span>Kyle U.</span>
Kyle U.

"I use Outreach everyday, and I LOVE IT!"

What do you like best?

I first got introduced to Outreach a couple months ago when I started here at Turnstyle. As a sales representative here, Outreach has really helped me be as successful as I have. It allows me to keep a close eye on my leads and keeping them organized so I don't lose out on potential deals.

I rely on Outreach every single day and can confidently say, I live and breathe outreach here at work.

I would recommend Outreach to any fast growing company that relies heavily on Sales.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the process of calling through Outreach slows down my sales cycle, but other then that I dont have too much to complain about.

In sales, it takes a lot of exposure and emails before someone replies back to you.

Because I deal with so many leads, the Sequencing aspect of Outreach really keeps all my emails intact, and allows me to further prospect new leads while not forgetting my old ones.

Outreach review by <span>Lohith R.</span>
Lohith R.

"Outreach Owns "

What do you like best?

The UI is crafted in a way that intuitively leads into good UX. It's more reactive and "snappy" than other MarCom/email/CRM tools I've used, and the singular features of the platform (e.g. automated followup campaigns) are simple to configure in a "one-and-done" fashion that leaves additional time to be spent on generating quality content.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there can be occasional errors that impact functionality when importing/exporting leads, but that's probably our CRM instance's fault and not Outreach. Outreach will also not save any drafts if you're using an outreach-enhanced Gmail instance. That is to say, if you cease composition before either manually saving the draft for later transmission, or hitting "send," it's likelier than not that your work will evaporate into the void. Save often, save early.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy now.

I work in outbound inside sales, which means I send an inordinate amount of email. Outreach provided a way to continue my messaging en masse without compromising message quality. It goes beyond mere templates and object variables, allowing for granular control of what is being done at every stage of the campaign between lead sourcing and closing.

Outreach review by <span>Chris H.</span>
Chris H.

"Outreach: A Helping Hand To Our Business"

What do you like best?

The ability to automate correspondences in a controlled manner with a personalized message that is not received in a "span-like" manner.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to identify a function of Outreach's Product or Service that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in a position such as marketing, sales, recruiting, etc. that requires you to communicate with a high volume of contacts using multiple touch points, you might find that sending personalized emails to a target audience to be an arduous, but critical component to your day to day operations. Outreach allows you to personalize and automate targeted email messages regarding your product or service to a large target audience without taking time away from your other day to day activities.

In today's world of recruiting, the ability to connect with qualified candidates in a timely manner to share details of an opportunity requires multiple touch points in a timely manner. Outreach allows me to automate email correspondences, a time-consuming aspect of my job, and focus my time and energy on the other touch points and technologies that require my attention.

Outreach review by <span>Tom G.</span>
Tom G.

"A great way to efficiently and effectively nurture prospects"

What do you like best?

Outreach's sequencing gives my inside sales team the edge by helping us tie our email campaigns with call behind tasks. Scheduling 8 to 10 emails and combining a follow up call at specific stages has tremendously increased our contact rates.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue we've had is integration with various email hosting formats. It can get complex at times when a client has email security levels which don't "play nice" with Outreach, or when a client uses a legacy email hosting platform, but we've solved them all with Outreach support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perform your due diligence and due care, define your business requirements, and ask Outreach for a demo.

Our business problem was in supporting a high volume B2B call center which leverages email content from many clients' campaigns along side the necessary phone calls. Timing these elements was difficult when relying on a manual system and an automation component was necessary.

Outreach review by <span>Patrick R.</span>
Patrick R.

"Outreach stand well above the rest"

What do you like best?

There is a clear difference between Outreach and the rest of competitors in the space. We reviewed most of these tools available and Outreach stood head and shoulders above the rest. The main aspect is how well thought out it is from both a user and manager perspective. The other tools are decent at one or the other. Outreach wins on both fronts. Additionally, there are small features here and there that make a massive difference in the what can truly be automated. Not the fake automation but true automation where we don't have to touch or do anything.

What do you dislike?

The only aspect I dislike is the price :). All kidding aside thus far compared to what our alternatives would be there isn't much downside. I would like in the future to see more direct integration with activity tracking to what is mapped in Salesforce at a field level but there are work arounds for this that serve us well so it's not even a big challenge.

1. Sales Productivity - our team can easily build and set repeatable cadences for every scenario

2. Segmenting Buyer Personas - huge element of segmenting based on title which is a big need for our business.

3. Connecting Marketing & Sales - the triggers in Outreach allow us to automatically direct and react to buyer engagement on the marketing front. This ensures we have almost no lag time in touching potential prospects.

Outreach review by <span>Rob P.</span>
Rob P.

"Highly customizable, takes a little time to fully optimize."

What do you like best?

Platform is extremely powerful and the team is great about shipping new features and listening to customers. Definitely ROI positive.

What do you dislike?

What used to be a best practice (great follow-up from sales reps) is being democratized to all, which eliminates competitive edge. Like all platforms, few that abuse the platform with 10 email sequences, hurt the ecosystem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you listen carefully when your CS contact walks you through SFDC field mapping. I had some questions afterwards and it took a couple of at bats to get right!

Consistent touchpoints on the key contacts/acounts my sales org is targeting without it being necessary to use a Marketing Automation platform.

Outreach review by <span>Jimmy C.</span>
Jimmy C.

"Outreach has made managing prospects easier"

What do you like best?

The ability to set and execute tasks that I either create myself or are part of a sequence. The template tool makes it easy to quickly send personalized emails to different prospects without having to repeatedly re-write the main points I want to make.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to add links or attachments to custom emails that are set up as tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don't know how much you need it until you have it, then you'll wonder what you did without it.

Managing hundreds of contacts across multiple accounts is a breeze with Outreach. I honestly don't know what I'd do without it.

Outreach review by <span>Mike M.</span>
Mike M.

"HUGE FAN of Outreach.io"

What do you like best?

The customer support is top notch. My personal support rep (Shelby) is always available to screen share and walk through issues or processes to allow me to remain focused on productivity. The technology integration between email services and CRM systems is seamless making it very easy to be productive and track your activities in a single action. The flexibility of the custom fields in the templates and sequences permits highly individualized communication even with large mailing pools.

What do you dislike?

Wish the platform was able to segment time zones based on area code or country codes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend 30 minutes with a product support specialist. Allow them to show you how to best use Outreach for YOUR needs

Sales cycle in some instances is extremely long; use of the scheduling and unlimited sequence templates permits customized "set it and forget it" drip reminders to remain front of mind for clients.

Outreach review by <span>Zack L.</span>
Zack L.

"Savior from the tyranny of Salesforce's mid-aughts UI"

What do you like best?

Outreach has a pleasant, modern UI. While editing leads and contacts feels onerous in Salesforce, it's actually quick an fun in Outreach.

What do you dislike?

Outreach's data sync for Salesforce seems error-prone. The fields don't always update properly, and the sales team oversold the "out of the box" integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a SFDC admin, or at least someone with solid understanding of custom fields, mappings, and duplicate checking. Our first week with Outreach created a ton of garbage data.

Outreach allows our reps to do much more outbound sequencing in their cold sales. They add prospects, queue up cadences, and follow through to qualified opportunities.

Outreach review by <span>Michael C.</span>
Michael C.

"Has done what we need and continues to add value"

What do you like best?

One of our big frustrations in the past was that the platform we used was unreliable (i.e., several crashes a day). Outreach is reliable. They've also continued to improve the product offerings. Meetings is and will continue to be a great addition.

What do you dislike?

The searching is very robust. However it's not the easiest to use and almost takes learning a whole system to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Obviously it depends on your needs, but it's been a great addition for us.

We've been able to become much more targeted with our outbound sales

Outreach review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Small business Inside Sales Review"

What do you like best?

It has all the features you need for a sales acceleration tool. Whether your sequences are automated or highly personalized Outreach is a great fit.

Easy to implement and get started as well.

Pretty much the same thing as Salesloft. If you are looking into both tools just go for whichever tool is cheaper because they are basically the same thing.

What do you dislike?

Even though it is easy to get up and running the lack of support given on Outreach's end is a bit discouraging. They just send you a bunch of articles and hope you can figure it out yourself. We were a bit of a smaller deal though so the lack of service is a bit justified. It would have been nice to have one call with a technical resource though.

Also, make sure you read the whole contract they send you. In our case there were things discussed verbally that were conveniently left out of the contract which eventually lead to a higher cost for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with which ever of the tool is cheaper Salesloft or Outreach.

We are an inside sales team and like most inside sales team we need to be as effective as possible when we are working certain leads. Outreach keeps you organized, and allows you to move as fast as you want to move.

Outreach review by <span>Drew P.</span>
Drew P.

"Cancelled within 6 months of using - multiple problems, poor support, negative offboarding"

What do you like best?

Nothing. The sales process was painful, the licensing was clunky (which forced me to plan out exactly what I would need, as opposed to just adopting the service naturally), and the functionality never met expectations.

What do you dislike?

Product did not deliver what was promised. Poor customer support experience. Took more time to manage than was acceptable. We also ran into email deliverability problems, which was a severe blow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere. I will refuse to do business with them ever again.

Increased efficiency for sales development and prospecting. While we increased activity, we were never able to run reports, and our email deliverability issues handicapped the team for weeks. We are terminating not even 6 months into our 1yr contract, despite the fact that they will not issue a refund.

Outreach review by Administrator in Computer Software