Outreach

Outreach

Outreach provides email tracking, cadence, and sales automation features for use by sales teams.

Work for Outreach?

Learning about Outreach?

Outreach Reviews

Ask Outreach a Question
Showing 731 Outreach reviews
Outreach review by Adam C.
Adam C.

"Autopilot for Your BD Dept."

What do you like best?

Outreach allows teams to focus on moving opportunities through the pipeline. It is that simple. The brain power previously tied up in remembering when to follow up, or figuring out what the best windows to call or email are is now focused on the best ways to get deals closed. Outreach handles all the other parts! We can drop a prospect on a sequence, and the rep simply follows the task steps. There days can be organized, broken down into swim lanes, and measurable down to a very granular level.

What do you dislike?

I know it is a cop out to say I like everything...even though it is true. The platform is still young, so there are some improvements that I am confident will come. Outreach has already followed up on several of my feature requests and delivered!

We had a sales team lagging in follow ups and effectiveness in generating new business. In the 45 days since implementing outreach, we have grown our pipeline by over a quarter million dollars directly attributable to Outreach driven activity, and our adoption is only about 60-70 percent.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Outreach
Outreach review by Allie W.
Allie W.

"Super easy to stay organized!"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Outreach is using triggers to automatically do something to a prospect's record once something else is done. For example, when prospect finishes a sequence, we have them trigger into a new sequence a few weeks later to keep people from slipping through the cracks if they haven't responded.

What do you dislike?

Most things flow seamlessly, but sometimes Outreach is slow to sync with Salesforce. I also wish it was a little easier to pin which sequences and specific steps directly led to meetings.

We are always testing out different features in Outreach to save reps time staying organized. Whether that's sequence automation, or views to help keep track of different types of tasks. A big initiative we are using Outreach for right now is creating a content calendar - going through our sequences from this year to figure out what worked when to create a more strategic plan for next year.

What Sales Engagement solution do you use?

Outreach review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Outreach - you had me at sales automation platform"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that we can message consistently, contact comprehensively and track exhaustively. This answers questions that sales people have only ever answered anecdotally in the past. Is my message working? How well is it working? Is one working better than the other? How many times do I have to contact someone before they respond? And so many others. It used to be a guessing game. Now it's science, yo.

Something you cannot put a price on is the quality of the service that you get from this organization. From the minute we deployed this solution, the entire organization has provided us with the training and support that we needed to make this a critical part of our tech stack. You won't find a more earnest, knowledgable group than this customer success team.

They've even gone so far as to offer the opportunity to speak with their PM and dev leaders to discuss product roadmap and other product enhancements. Such a great group to work with and know that we made a tremendous investment.

What do you dislike?

Being a new platform, I've found some inconsistencies in how reporting is done. Some screens cane be improved and functionality added. But those things are minor compared to what's already there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be able to imagine life without it. One thing to consider in the importance of the content you create. They platform is wonderful, but without dedication to creating and managing your content, you won't get the results you're looking for.

Our onboarding time is so much faster than it used to be. Reps can come in and know on day 1 what messages work and who they should be sending that message to, how frequently and what to communicate in each interaction.

Outreach review by Nick M.
Nick M.

"Powerful tool with a great feature set"

What do you like best?

Outreach makes marketing and cold-emailing very simple. Creating not just a simple email drip campaign, but one that also incorporates call tasks and other 'generic' tasks as well is very helpful for maintaining an efficient and effective workflow. The 'Outreach Everywhere' Chrome extension makes it easier to keep track of prospects from the other platforms you contact them from, like Gmail and SalesForce, while their Gmail bar is very useful for sequencing prospects or replying with a template right from within Gmail. 'Personas' make it easier to connect with prospects in the most relevant way, while their stats and reporting help with keeping track of your business and seeing where your successes and challenges are.

What do you dislike?

While Outreach has a very rich and complex feature-set, this can also be its downfall. Many of the great features that /can/ add a lot of value tend to fail or be buggy, rendering them unusable. Examples include Outreach Everywhere pulling up the 360* view instead of the correct prospect when you are looking at their SFDC contact page or an email chain with the prospect in Gmail. When importing a single .csv with prospects from multiple accounts, the import wizard gives you the option to map these prospects directly to their (already created) accounts in Outreach, but this function has never worked. There is an inability to reorder sequence steps if a prospect has already been through the sequence, meaning if you want to make an improvement you must recreate the sequence and add prospects to a copy of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to Outreach! I have worked with their support team on a number of occasions in my short tenure here, and while they have not often been able to solve the issues or add the functionalities I was inquiring about, they have gone out of their way to follow up with me and keep me in the loop, as well as giving me background on when I might expect a certain bug fix or functionality add.

In our (SDR) organization, we use Outreach to automatically follow up with inbound leads, perform higher-scale outbounding efforts with Account-Based Sales Development, and drive attendance to regional events. Using Outreach in conjunction with DiscoverOrg's extensive prospect database has helped us reach the right individuals, at the right time, in the right way. One of the great benefits of using Outreach has been the ability to maintain our inbound and outbound contacts in separate CRMs, and view activity histories for prospects that previous SDRs have touched or contacted.

Outreach review by Joe R.
Joe R.

"Can't Imagine my Sales Process Without Outreach"

What do you like best?

First of all, it was easy to setup and get started. I had no problem with syncing my mail server and Salesforce. If another user had a problem, they were able to reach out to our CSM and she would respond very quickly; the mini how-to videos on the site were key as well.

What do you dislike?

There aren't too many things that i dislike about the platform. They are constantly adding a lot of new features and it sometimes gets overwhelming with new things. The bi-weekly touch points with our CSM definitely help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I honestly can't imagine a salesperson not use Outreach because it's so easy to use and it helps track prospects in an organized manner.

We're able to engage with a lot more leads because of the platform and our conversion rate has increased tremendously. Our sales flow has been streamlined and it helps get our messaging out to way more leads than before.

Outreach review by Jim  M.
Jim M.

"Have the conversations that matter. "

What do you like best?

Outreach simplifies so many of the day-to-day interactions my team needs to have with our customers. My reps are more productive and have built in guidance around next steps for clients. Its an incredibly powerful tool for new agents and veterans alike. The system ensures that my emails reach the right people without a lot of bounces or blacklisting. That alone was a major improvement over gmail and Salesforce.

As the operations manager for my company, I can say that this was the most thorough set up process I've had from any vendor. This was followed by one of the best Account Managers I've ever had. It's one thing to get this system up and running but a whole other to have the AM walk me through adoption and usability concerns from my reps. Best AM I've ever had.

What do you dislike?

It can be tricky to get reps that are resistant to technology onboard with something like this. It took me nearly a year to crack one of my teams. However, once they saw my other teams using it, they increasingly want a shot at it as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are giving ample attention to internal adoption. Owning a wrench doesn't make you a mechanic. This is not a system you can turn on and forget, you have to sell it internally. Find your champions and promote the hell out of it. Lean on your Account Manager for internal training and demos.

It's easier to onboard people when you can hand them an entire tool set for communication.

I know which messages/subjects/audiences are responding even at the rep by rep level. That's incredible.

Many of my reps have switched most of their reminders and tasks over to the system.

I've generated leads from green territory with minimal efforts from my reps. My first Outside Sales rep to try it got 8 fresh leads from 40 prospects. She could have done it on her own but Outreach made it simple and also let me track it.

This is just to name a few.

Outreach review by Erin B.
Erin B.

"Great tool for managing prospects at every stage of the sales cycle"

What do you like best?

The platform has become a critical part of our end to end sales cycle - from the start, the platform was easy to set up and very intuitive so our team was able to quickly transition our activities to Outreach. The tasks have really helped to hold our team accountable, ensuring we stay on top of cold outbound as well as follow up for deals moving further down the pipeline. We continue to realize more value from the platform as we work with our CSM and begin to use new features.

What do you dislike?

While you can dig into specific sequence and email performance at a more granular level, it's difficult to pull a higher level snapshot of things like overall touches, sequence performance and positive reply rate by MDR. I know they are working to make changes to the reporting tools and have set up Outreach reporting through Salesforce in the meantime to support our team.

Outreach provides us the tools to build our pipeline through cold prospecting and improve our conversion rate into later stage deal cycles through consistent follow up. Additional benefit is the time our team has saved through use of templates & snippets for standard follow up responses and triggers for updating things like prospect status - this has really helped us cut back on the non-value added admin activities.

Outreach review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"#1 in Our Sales Tech Stack"

What do you like best?

Outreach makes each rep on our team more productive. We really couldn't operate without it. Our SDRs live in Outreach but our AEs live in Gmail. So, the Gmail integration is one of the most valuable features for us. We don't have to change the way we prefer to work to use Outreach.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any complaints about the app. I do have trouble getting their billing department to respond promptly to my emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Outreach has a ton of functionality. Your employees may feel a bit overwhelmed at first so I would recommend introducing just the basic features in week 1 and add on additional feature training as the weeks go on.

Outreach is like an operating system for our SDRs. They create a sequence, add prospects, and then outreach queues up the activities that the SDR needs to complete each day. Outreach allows us to prospect more efficiently. The more activities we can complete the greater likelihood we have to be successful.

Outreach review by Samantha L.
Samantha L.

"Outreach for Sales Management - Absolute Must! "

What do you like best?

We have a sales department of about 10 using Outreach and it has dramatically assisted in optimizing our sales automation. Being an admin and evaluating Outreach from the start, the set up and integration to our existing stacks was not only seamless, but our Outreach CSM was there every step of the way to assist. Following our initial setup, our CSM (Customer Success Manager) has been beyond responsive and attentive to our needs, meeting with us as frequent as necessary. From implementation to now fully using the tool, Outreach has been crucial in our increased success and I would never go back to not having it in our sales stack. It has allowed automation and assistance from everyone in business development, to outside sales, to inside sales.

What do you dislike?

Not much to say here! Outreach is growing, if there is something you dislike or a feature or function you need, their support and product team will work on road mapping to make it happen.

Outreach is helping us with automation and follow up. Our sales force is able to focus on selling and helping existing customers while Outreach assists them in reaching new accounts, following up, and prioritizing their day.

Outreach review by Brandan C.
Brandan C.

"SDR using Outreach to improve efficiency and increase success"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of importing and putting prospects into sequence and then managing communication: calls, emails, follow-up is very easy to do! We were using SalesLoft previously and had difficulty reaching prospects because our emails got flagged as spam. Outreach definitely increased our open rates, and Outreach Voice was a huge upgrade over our current system.

If we ran into any challenges, the support team was very helpful and responded quickly.

What do you dislike?

-Sync with SalesForce caused some API issues with saving notes. We had several tools feeding in at once that made it challenging to update sometimes.

-Couldn't update order of a Sequence with prospects in it.

-Reporting. Would be nice to see expanded reporting features: highlighting the best times for the team to reach out/send e-mail based on open rates, call connection rate, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a tool that will provide: improved visibility on prospects and metrics, as well as ease of use/sequencing and great call quality--Outreach is definitely the right tool!

Outreach has allowed us to more quickly and consistently reach our prospects via phone and email. The sequences keep the SDR team organized and communicating at the correct time and the follow-ups ensure you don't miss anything.

Since moving to Outreach, we saw an increase in: calls and both set and attended meetings. Outreach definitely helped our team go to the next level of productivity.

Outreach review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"Using Outreach in Business Development/Sales"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Outreach is the Outreach Everywhere feature. It makes accessing company and prospect information very easy. Whether its finding the last activity with an organization or adding new prospects to sequences while in a separate CRM system, Outreach Everywhere has been an excellent tool.

What do you dislike?

My dislike would be when making calls, sometimes you run into a C-level prospect that might not but on the directory, and the only way back to the operator is to hang up the call. When you hang up and call again, the sequence wont allow you to log notes on the first call, and will register it as a call that was "not logged". If only there was a way to log those initial calls so they don't look like false statistics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Outreach University is very helpful as well as reaching out to Outreach support.

Follow up with prospects has greatly improved on our sales team. We are able to set follow up tasks with different priority levels which allows us to focus our time on warmer leads and cipher through the cold stuff.

Outreach review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Outreach is an all-encompassing Sales platform that is a onestop shop for all areas in Sales. "

What do you like best?

Best features:

- Easy to find news updates for Accounts

- Ability to easily access prospects twitter for up to date information

- Ability to create tasks in a couple of seconds and to execute based on priority

- A great tool that is the ultimate compliment to Salesforce (and ability to sync)

- Great visual stats on all KPI's for Sales efforts i.e. Emails:opens, reply, NA, bounces & Calls: NA, LVM

- Easy upload Leads from Salesforce (via Lead Reports), and CSV files

- Intuitive ability to analyze all inbound/outbound efforts from an individual perspective, to our entire team

What do you dislike?

Difficulties / Opportunities for Outreach:

- Not a very intuitive way to easily select all leads (over 50) to upload into a specific sequence, and edit/remove attendees from a sequence

- Aside from tagging leads by upload, difficult to manage leads across multiple sequences (i.e. remove, add to others, etc.)

- A lot of opportunities to be had with filter capabilities on Lead views

- Some call issues with their VOIP network, although this issue was stated up front, and they provide an easy platform to bridge your cell phone and alleviate taking bandwidth from our company internet & wifi sources across the building

- Outreach will only pull in Specific Lead Reports. There is some opportunity here to expand on that (i.e. Reports only pull in Salesforce Lead info saved in "Unfiled Reports" and require that it be summarized by all leads, by all time)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool, once you know how to use it. There are a lot of features, and nuances that are more advanced than other tools. Plan for a few weeks of getting used to this aspect from a training and ramp perspective and your sales organization will soar.

As a Enterprise Business Representative, and a current customer of Outreach, we've filtered through about 4 Email/Call/Marketing Tools for our company which is constantly growing. Outreach seemingly has blown all out of the water, not only in the level of customer service and the ability to schedule 1:1 time with a customer success manager for administrative help or troubleshooting, AND training. We've seen call numbers soar, as Outreach continues to improve, and Outreach has been a key tool in tracking email data and lead upload information across our entire organization. I'm looking forward to watching Outreach continue to build and improve it's software, and seeing new ways to visualize our sales data and outbound/inbound efforts across our SDR Team.

Outreach review by Victoria L.
Victoria L.

"Reach Clients/Track Emails/Organize Prospects Efficiently/Receive Amazing Customer Support!!"

What do you like best?

With any question I have I use the chat button and receive answers from a real person almost instantly. They are very helpful and always respond very quickly.

They have advanced searching options I wasn't initially aware of, but I now use on a daily bases to search through my funnel and manage my prospects.

I use tags to organize the prospects in my funnel and it has been a game changer.

I use their smart views to save my important searches so that I can pull them up at anytime.

Overall AMAZING!

What do you dislike?

I am currently waiting on better better mapping between Salesforce and Outreach. We have all the necessary information, but if I was able to search by any field I would find it to be more useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has been a game changer. When you make the implementation in your business make sure that you are using the chat button for any questions. Everything you could want to do is simple and straight forward. There support videos and straight to the point and short. Not drug out like some others you come across.

I have everything in one place. I am reaching my clients and staying organized.

Outreach review by Douglas T.
Douglas T.

"Huge time saver!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can create and automate the sending of single and multi-step sequences to my contacts. I'm a Sales Account Executive, and having this automation and control of when emails are sent, allows me to concentrate on my day-to-day responsibilities, while Outreach is working for me in the background. It's like having a full-time SDR working for me. Generating leads with minimal effort!

What do you dislike?

The initial learning curve was difficult. Especially getting Outreach to sync up with my Outlook. With a little back and forth with support, we got it figured out.

Also, every time I change my general company login password, Outreach prompts you that you've lost connection, and it requires a password update as well. Small hassle...all things considered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize Outreach support. If you don't, you'll get frustrated.

I'm able to reach more accounts, with minimal effort.

I'm generating higher quality leads, which leads to better close rates.

I'm reaching smaller accounts/contacts with Outreach automation, that I typically wouldn't reach out to manually.

Outreach review by Joseph M.
Joseph M.

"Skyrocketed our SDR efforts/Overall efficiency increases"

What do you like best?

Top uses:

1.) Sequences with automated reply threads when there is no response. Easily quadruples (or how every many is setup) touch points per prospect without need to send additional emails manually.

2.) Better sales task management. Previously used task management in salesforce. This was great but Outreach allows a real-time activity log to show past interactions on one page. I can run custom task list to execute on to stay on track with higher priority prospects.

3.) Next level call management. Outreach Voice enables us to track/report on number of calls easily (instead of in salesforce which would have had to be created as separate call tasks which is tedious). We also use the local dialer phone bridge that allows us to call a prospect from a number that has their area code. This makes it more likely for them to pick up.

4.) Various efficiency increases. We now have a comprehensive shareable email template library with answers to objections, no-reply one-offs, past campaign emails, etc. Tagging prospects is a lot quicker and easier then dealing with it in salesforce.

5.) Deeper touch point reporting. Before outreach, number of calls, emails, and LI tasks per sales rep was not being tracked. Now we are tracking this to ensure we are meeting activity goals.

What do you dislike?

Reporting/advanced search is a bit difficult to figure out when getting data on true touch points, opportunity rates, prospect counts based on criteria, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Outreach has the best ROI for SDR activities.

Biggest benefit is the increased touch points in email based cold prospecting in order to get a reply. Others are task management for high volume pipeline, on boarding new sales with set standards/practices, calls with dialer, etc. as noted above.

Outreach review by David T.
David T.

"Powerful Sales Tool"

What do you like best?

The Outreach sequences automate staying in touch with the prospect not only for the first touch, but for 10+ touches over the course of several months. And the engagement metrics — both singular and aggregated — are also directly visible to my team, which isn’t the case with our Marketing Automation software.

After our first two months, our email open rate increased from 15% using MA software to 31% with Outreach. And unlike our MA software, the salespeople have direct access to control their sequences and can determine the pace of execution on their own, whereas MA requires admin intervention, which can slow the process significantly.

We are using Outreach to connect with people we haven’t heard from in a long time. They’re creating dedicated campaigns to try to spark their interest in a new product, a change in a product, an upgrade, general news about their industry — things we think they should be aware of. We’re able to do this in a much more targeted way than we could with the MA software because it’s easy to use and all controlled by the sales reps.

What do you dislike?

Outreach needs to develop a better visual representation of sequences so that users can easily navigate through their choice of sequences and understand what will be happening to recipients.

Increases contacting and selling success rates.

Improves customer retention

Increases prospecting and selling time by decreasing busy work in the CRM and email

Directs salespeople to hottest prospects

Outreach review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"It's best of breed, no question about it"

What do you like best?

The data we're able to extract from it is extraordinary. We're able to take things a step further from traditional vanity metrics (i.e. dials, emails, etc.) and lagging indicators (meetings booked, completed etc.) and get a much more in depth view of what the teams is doing. We're able to understand what types of personas our team is reaching out to, the amount of those personas, what sequences they're relying on most and where they're seeing success, if they're falling behind in their tasks, etc, I could go on but the list would get to long.

What do you dislike?

The platforms UI/UX could be a little more user friendly, sometimes it's overly complicated. Makes it a little more difficult to get the most value possible. The dashboards available in the platform are decent but difficult to find ang again the UI/UX could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their expertise on how to use the platform they know best. I recommend using their professional services at the time of onboarding. The team is highly skilled and will help you get out of the gate much quicker and with best practices in place. This platform does not do the work for you, if you're looking more a mail merge tool go elsewhere. You should have a fully baked use case and understanding of how you would like to execute and what you would like to achieve prior to engagement.

We're able to maximize the production of our BDR team while being able to get a much more in depth picture of the metrics that matter to our success.

Outreach review by Tomasz B.
Tomasz B.

"This platform is a big focuser!"

What do you like best?

I love how intuitive the platform is and how much sales knowledge was put into it. If you think about an outreach campaign that requires a specific feature, that feature is probably already built in. The voice/calling feature is very helpful and the team can work from anywhere. Also, the live chat which is included in the Premium Support plan allows us to reach out for their help in no time.

What do you dislike?

We are not using it long enough to dislike something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will look at multiple platforms but don't even waste your time doing so. Outreach is the way to go. It's like HubSpot for outbound. They not only created the Outreach platform but also use it in-house. During one of their training sessions at their annual conference Unleash they presented "How Outreach Uses Outreach". Watch it and you will be amazed on how much people know about sales :)

We started seeing outreach campaigns, not as something that interrupts people but brings value. Yes, you have to reach out and it is an interruption, but if you do it right, it can be very successful.

Outreach review by Astrid d.
Astrid d.

"Changed my life as a BDR.. and as an Account Executive"

What do you like best?

Basically, I couldn't live without Outreach.

*Salesloft vs Outreach:

I was using SalesLoft before, but found that there wasn't performance tracking. With Outreach, I can easily see which templates work better than others. Also, I found that sometimes my calls would crash in the middle of a conversation with Salesloft. None of that ever happens with Outreach.

*Performance and scale:

Outreach allows me to have high email deliverability because I can import CSV files and automatically schedule emails to go out.

*Setup:

Outreach was implemented in my team when I was on holidays (eek!) - but it was so user-friendly and had such a great UX that I was on-boarded within a week!

*Support:

The team at Outreach is SO helpful. I'm very demanding when it comes to support, and they've always been super reactive. THANK YOU!!

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to my mind! I wish they had an out of the box integration with LinkedIn.

Clearly organizing my email sequence is a huge benefit - I'm not sure how I would do this otherwise!

Outreach review by Aaron D.
Aaron D.

"Increase productivity of your sales team"

What do you like best?

Outreach has been innovating, pushing new features on an ongoing basis and delivering a high quality service every time. Outreach has become and irreplaceable part of my sales team's tool kit and a neccessary tool for us to operate. The ability to track and record calls with Outreach Voice has enabled me to ensure that our messaging is consistent across reps as well as allow me to offer coaching I otherwise wouldn't have had the bandwidth to do. The setup process was very easy and we had an amazing Customer Success Rep that got us up and going on the Outreach platform in no time and my team has full adopted Outreach as a business critical solution. Additionally, any issues that have come up have gotten quick responses and the support team is very easy to work with.

Top-notch support from our Customer Success or Support team

What do you dislike?

Currently Outreach doesn't support the "new Gmail" which is unfortunate as several members of my team would prefer to be able to leverage this, but I am certain they will release this functionality soon.

Outreach has enabled my sales team to manage their pipelines better, conduct consistent and thorough campaigns and eliminated leads and opportunities falling through the cracks.

Outreach review by Kiyoshi K.
Kiyoshi K.

"One of the best platforms for Prospect Engagement"

What do you like best?

I'm a sponge, kind of a nerd if you will. I started with my company earlier this year as an SDR and we were JUST starting to use Outreach and find out what we can do with it. I dove in, learned everything I could, read the blog posts, toyed around in the system, watched the videos etc etc. I'm now the Outreach.io project manager/admin at Inside Sales Team and it is my job to find out how we can put the program through its paces and see what we can learn, make it scalable, and apply it to all of our projects.

My favorite thing about Outreach? The potential to do more. There is so much that you can do in the system, so much to learn, creative solutions, and so much more. I know I'm still learning the system and we've just scratched the surface of what it can be but I am looking forward to the future.

The team at Outreach has been fantastic, support gets back to me with any questions that I have and our CSM is a huge help whenever I need him. I generally try to solve all of our problems first and I do a pretty decent job but they are always there for me if I'm in a bind or can't figure something out.

Update:

I've now been using Outreach for 2 years and the advancements they have made in the past year alone are jaw-dropping. We now have a lot of the features that I was missing (inbound voicemail, voicemail drop, etc) and seeing the roadmap for the future is pretty exciting. If you haven't looked at Outreach in the last year, you should do yourself a favor and at least take a demo. So much has changed and, in my opinion, it has been for the better.

What do you dislike?

Depending on how advanced you want to get, there is a steep learning curve as well but there are plenty of resources to overcome that. I would strongly suggest utilizing your CSM and the support team in order to get the most out of the platform. Also, the Outreach University is full of very important information and definitely worth a look especially if you haven't been there lately. If you don't take the time to learn the platform, you are doing yourself a disservice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a demo, its worth it. See how Outreach uses Outreach. That's my goal in the future. If you have tried out Outreach in the past, take another look. So many things have changed in this past year alone and most is for the better.

We've been able to increase activity across the board, track email stats better so we know what's working and what isn't. We have the challenge of working not only in our Salesforce but some clients of ours have asked us to also work alongside their Salesforce so how we organize the reporting has come in handy as opposed to logging in to each instance of Salesforce, we can use Outreach data for some of our statistics.

Outreach review by Thomas M. P.
Thomas M. P.

"Sales Industry changing software"

What do you like best?

Outreach Voice and Email Sequencing are by far the best features for our sales team.

One of the best features of Outreach Voice is the Voicemail Drop. Being able to "drop" a pre-recording voicemail into a prospects voicemail save my reps time and improves efficiency across the board. Our reps gain an extra hour every day from this feature alone. That's 20+ hours a month per rep!

One of the

We are now able to auto-engage every marketing lead within minutes – this helps us when we are unable to immediately respond to leads when we’re away from our desk/phone.

We can create custom sequencing touchpoints – being able to ensure timely, custom-tailored “auto” follow-ups.

For example: Free SEO audit submission on our website > triggers and sends custom “thank you” email with a CTA > no response after 5 days > triggers second custom email with CTA > no response after 10 days > triggers custom 3rd email….so on and so forth. All of this is happening in the background while the sales reps are nurturing and closing warm/hot leads.

What do you dislike?

I've run into some outbound spam problems, but I don't think that's Outreache's problem. Maybe if they could better coach on how to better craft an email that's less spammy, that would be helpful.

Freeing up reps time through better task management and automated email follow-ups. This helps our team focus on what matters - warm/hot leads.

I think the headline here is that every sales rep on our team be will able to focus a couple more hours every day on the most important tasks while the less important tasks are working in the background, and we can close the sale rep performance gap with intelligence gathered by the software.

Outreach review by Shawna B.
Shawna B.

"Outreach is a must have for my sales workflow"

What do you like best?

I use Outreach every day for my email campaigns, prospect management and to make outbound calls. This software has been essential in order for me to run email campaigns with over 15,000 prospects and manage my daily workflow. I really enjoy the user-friendly interface and the fact that it is really easy to use. I often find that some softwares can easily overdo it with all the bells and whistles.

Outreach is always making updates and improvements, which shows that they are listening to customer feedback and wanting to grow. I can always rely on the Support Team to get back to me in a timely manner and help guide me whenever I need it. Its a must have for any sales team!

What do you dislike?

Outreach is geared towards larger(er) sales teams and unfortunately for my case, I am the only one using the software. Because of this some of the data is not as useful as it could be, I wish it provided a micro overview of my email campaigns and prospects instead of a micro overview. I am interested in being able to better sort my prospects based on how many times they interacted with my email but as of now the only way to see this is for it to create a task for me to call upon a certain open rate.

Outreach is allowing me to have all my prospects in one place, create email campaigns with easy and track the success of my campaigns. I don't know what I would do without it.

Outreach review by Laura B.
Laura B.

"Can't Imagine Being a BDR Without Outreach"

What do you like best?

Outreach is the single most impactful tool that I use. I can't imagine my job without it. The best feature is how it makes managing my tasks/outreach sequences extremely easy, ensuring that I never let a prospect slip through the cracks.

Since the team is also able to share and view each other's templates, it's led to an accelerated rate of learning across the entire BDR team since the sharing of best practices is engrained into our technology processes.

I don't think that I would join a team that doesn't have Outreach in their sales tool belt.

What do you dislike?

We use Docsend to manage our content, I wish that there was a better way to manage the docsend content links that I send in Outreach as well ie) a similar UI to the one that is in Gmail instead of the one that is the google plugin. The reporting is good as well but a bit finicky when seeing how your response rates breakdown within a sequence

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth every penny!

The main issue that this solves is time/task management. I'm able to be significantly more effective in my role while also ensuring that my outbound prospecting is customized and scalable. It allows me to more effectively plan out my daily tasks as well.

Outreach review by Justin M.
Justin M.

"Maximize your sales efforts"

What do you like best?

I love how Outreach is constantly striving to make their software even better whether it's their own ideas or ours as the customers. It's a very user-friendly platform that allows you to make sure you are getting the most out of your sales efforts. A/B testing is a must! Reporting is very strong for managers not only from an individual level but from a team level. Easy to identify the best email and the best sequence.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you can't select which email in future steps your prospects will receive. However, it sounds like you will be able to in the near future!

Recommendations to others considering the product

-Easy for team members to use.

-Ramp up time for reps is minimal.

-We love it and so do our team members.

Improving outbound sales efficiency. Being able to track and review email success metrics to always ensure you have the best campaign running. Holding sales reps accountable. Increasing the ease and number of cold calls our outbound team makes. Testing new email templates.

Outreach review by Chan K.
Chan K.

"Powerful tool for outbounding campaigns and automation sales funnel workflows"

What do you like best?

Outreach is a great platform that makes sales development a breeze once you complete get the platform fully up and running. We use it for multi-touch outbounding campaigns using email and calls steps, all of which are very powerful and reliable. The Voice feature is robust and makes logging calls easy, and email deliverability rates are high (obviously as long as the email is valid). Setup was simple, and there were numerous self-service resources to help with the onboarding process. Their support team is very responsive and helpful with any issues regarding bugs, feature requests, or general troubleshooting. I have previously used Salesloft, which has very similar functionality, but found it to be more buggy and laggy. Outreach seems to run much more smoothly. I also enjoy the new features that are continually being added, along with product roadmap webinars.

What do you dislike?

While there are numerous customizable features, there is room for additional customization (more options for Triggers, automation). The activity feed is cluttered and confusing to read, and email tracking overall could be streamlined both within Outreach and Gmail integration.

Outreach has become a critical part of our small, but growing sales development function. We have been able to quickly scale outbounding campaigns, in addition to managing inbound lead workflows. Pipeline growth is one our biggest priorities, and Outreach is playing a critical role.

Outreach review by Brian M.
Brian M.

"Outreach is awesome!"

What do you like best?

Super easy to setup and get a campaign running. I am the admin for this software and found it incredibly easy to get started. The customer success team is also awesome. Big shout out to Karlee for her creative thinking and outside of the box thinking. We were sending HTML emails and getting very low response rates. Once we switched to Outreach we got incredible engagement and a much higher delivery, open and response rate. Overall outreach is key to getting engagement with prospects.

What do you dislike?

Not much, I would like it to be integrated with a tool other than salesforce for CRM systems. SugarCRM would be great. Since we don't use SFDC we import everything through spreadsheets. The process is straight forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrate with more systems

We have a unique business case with Outreach and it's exciting to see how well it works. We were trying to engage existing customers more effectively. We've been able to do that and much more with outreach. We realized personalization and the ability to mask that its a system was crucial to getting better engagement. Outreach is a necessity to our sales team.

Outreach review by Patty Mae A.
Patty Mae A.

"Best tool I've ever used in Sales!"

What do you like best?

Where can I begin? Before Outreach, I had to call out of an excel sheet, one by one. Those of you that still do that, I feel your pain. So much. The memory still pains me. Outreach is able to optimize my workflow and day-to-day tasks 100x more and then some.

The company I'm currently with went from cold calls to almost exclusively email outreaches, and every opportunity our sales team has generated used Outreach or came in as an inbound. We never would've thought the ROI would be this huge!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I love Outreach so much and haven't come across any issues the CSM team hadn't fixed super fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Outreach has done a great job with its integrations. I've integrated Outreach with our team's dialer (Talkdesk) and SFDC seamlessly!

Able to see every interaction and touch we've done on a Prospect. Outreach takes care of so many siloes in a Sales Org.

Outreach review by Nichole V.
Nichole V.

"The #1 tool to transform your sales process!"

What do you like best?

Outreach has allowed my team to save hours of time and keep on top of our scheduled touch points. No more missed opportunities, no more confusing schedules, and no more wasted time spent solely in my CRM! Outreach has been the perfect tool to integrate with our CRM and fits right into our current set up, with lots of added features!

What do you dislike?

Outreach is a pretty big tool! There's a lot to learn, and a lot that you miss out on taking advantage of if you don't spend the time to get to know the tool. Luckily, I've already seen improvements with their set-up process, and their training library or "university" is extremely helpful!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be worth your time to see a demonstration. Their user-friendliness and user interface is top notch and that's obvious from the website, however a demonstration is where you get to see the features in action to determine if it will solve the business problems you're experiencing.

Since implementing Outreach, we have saved a ton time while increasing our touch points and making the connections with our clients more personal. We've seen an increase in efficiency and a much better reply rate from our emails and calls. Overall the tool has provided us with measurable benefits that have drastically improved our outbound process.

Outreach review by Sephora H.
Sephora H.

"Contact Customers & Manage Your Pipeline"

What do you like best?

I enjoy creating sequences and putting customer calls, emails and action items in the sequence. It makes keeping in contact with your customers very easy because it follows the timelines you’ve set in order to establish relationships with them. I feel like it takes the angst around completing administrative tasks away and makes me more organized. sales calls

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have calls that are dropped and Outreach may fail to disposition calls after hanging up, so I have to do extra steps to save my notes at the end of a call. It can be frustrating when calls you’ve made don’t show up in the view after filtering your search correctly as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Outreach University!

I am solving the problem that many salespeople struggle with ——— organization and efficiency. Outreach helps me prioritize my activities each day and saves my activity so that I can easily log prospects’ progress in Salesforce as well.

Outreach review by Sam T.
Sam T.

"Outreach is a really good tool - a lot of moving parts though"

What do you like best?

I like the total amount of time saved best. The reporting and data that the tool provides is also very helpful.

Snippets, Templates, and Invite Times are all major time savers and a large reason why this tool saves time as well.

I like that the platform is continuously improving and adding features like Opportunity tracking and updating.

What do you dislike?

Setting up various parts of the system can be very cumbersome.

Tags can start to be overwhelming and not an efficient way to track prospects.

There's a lot of refreshing that needs to happen to view up to date data - would be great if this happened automatically.

Lack of keyboard shortcuts in outreach for Gmail - functionality in Salesforce Inbox is incredible for quickly responding to emails. Outreach would be much more user friendly if accessing snippets was quicker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider premium support - it's a bit frustrating that this costs extra - but it's a very cumbersome tool to set up. There's a large disconnect in ease of use between what's demoed and what implementation looks like.

Difficulty reaching out to large amounts of prospects in an organized fashion.

We save a lot of time and gain visibility into prospecting metrics on one dashboard.

We are also able to automatically have different kinds of inbound get the appropriate type of contact, outreach, or sequence. It is also possible for all of these results to track back to SFDC and other Marketing tools (hubspot)

Outreach review by Frank F.
Frank F.
View Original

"Great, complex sales automation tool"

What do you like best?

The myriad of options for composing emails with dynamic elements, as well as the ability to link up your calendar for instant appointment bookings.

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve, lack of initial training, and email-only support. We've had instances where critical issues/bugs affecting our correspondence to prospects without response for hours and resolutions that have taken over a day. Lack of phone support can lead to very costly gaps in service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a dedicated Salesforce Admin or the know-how to implement this complex solution. It's not exactly turn-key.

We were looking for a way to streamline our prospecting efforts without adding additional headcount or creating an SDR channel. The sheer horsepower of a sales automation tool allows an individual to reach more contacts than an entire team utilizing the old-school "one-off" outreach. A&B testing and the subsequent reporting has allowed up to continue refining our messaging.

Outreach review by Jessica L.
Jessica L.

"Gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

Outreach makes it so easy to reach a large volume of people while being targeted with your messaging. Being able to have measured feedback on how well your emails are received means you can keep tweaking until you get open and response rates as high as possible. It helps sales reps become more data-driven. This platform is the best of its kind.

What do you dislike?

Outreach can be a bit difficult to use. Their UI is not very user-friendly. Sometimes completing the most simple task can take a while due to tricky UI. The Salesforce integration has it's ups and downs, but overall everything works great and our marketing department loves it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look more into the Salesforce integration to make sure it accomplishes what you need it to. Also, make sure to get sales buy-in. This platform works best for the sales team to use. If your team needs to reach a large volume of prospects and wants data around open rates and interactions, this is for you.

Our sales team uses Outreach to reach a mass number of prospects. Outreach allows us to be very targeted in our messaging and creates efficiency for the team. Also, by looking at interaction stats, we are able to tell who is interested and needs follow up.

Outreach review by Will M.
Will M.

"Great at keeping you organized"

What do you like best?

Big fan of outreach. The SFDC integration is great and the ability to track my email opens helps a ton. You can also track clicks on content you send you can figure out who is engaging. The intelligence tiles assist in keeping company/prospect content to one screen to help make my outreach more efficient. You can easily disposition and add notes to calls which allows you to keep track of where you left off. It definitely allows you to scale your outreach to prospects.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could organize all my contacts by prospect engagement. You can really only do this with prospects that have open tasks.

Sometimes the calls drop or the headset will disconnect. However, support is usually readily available so when those issues do occur you can usually get someone to help you relatively quickly.

They beta tested voicemail drop for a while, which I loved but then they took it away. Perhaps they will roll it out again soon but it was very helpful and streamlined reps workflows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Demo it, you'll love it.

organizing outreach and being able to AB test subject lines and email content. Allows us to track phone calls and ensure that our reps are utilizing proper talk tracks with prospects.

Allows us to scale our outreach so we can engage with multiple prospects simultaneously.

Outreach review by JJ C.
JJ C.

"Streamline team operations"

What do you like best?

Enables various teams to have visibility into the prospecting process. Leveraging some communication automation but still giving the ability to personalize. Also the streamline feedback loop and recording all touches and activities in a consistent manner making tracking and reporting really easy.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve can be steep if someone has not used a tool like this in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure your operations team is involved from the start. Decide and set up governances, team structures and some essential triggers before rolling it out to the team. Do not let everyone create their own sequences because it will create disparate reporting and you will loose a lot of the key insights that could be gained. So having some sequences pre-built for the team. Allow for feedback and iteration. Identify key roles that are leveraging the program better than others and use them as tool advocates.

Providing a way for sales to be efficient in their prospecting while still tracking activities so we can see what is working and what is not working. Using the governances also allows us to provide visibility to leaders and managers that need it for coaching and team improvement.

Outreach review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"Outreach improved our effectiveness and visibility"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to automate certain functions of the prospecting process, while making things like personalization easier. As we implemented Outreach's platform, out business development team was able to analyze what messaging was working, what cadence was appropriate for our target prospects, and plug all of that in to sequences that everyone trusted. Also - as a manager, the data that Outreach gives you to help coach your reps is excellent.

What do you dislike?

While the data is excellent to have, it's not always easy to find exactly what you're looking for. If you have a large team and/or want to insert a bit of gamification related to activity, it can be difficult due to some of the pre-programmed leader boards and dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you test it out first. It's definitely a learning curve for reps and account managers who are coming form different tools or not tool at all.

One of the main problems we had before we started using Outreach was getting all the BDRs on the same page as far as what messaging was working. We also struggled to find out what KPIs to focus in on since the data was siloed by each individual. Outreach is helping us solve both of those issues by giving our reps the data-proven messaging that they need, and our managers the visibility to be able to coach their teams. The benefits of that is more quality meetings for our sales team. We are setting more meetings than ever before and they are higher quality because of the ease of using Outreach.

Outreach review by jason c.
jason c.

"Best Sequencing Software on the market! "

What do you like best?

Outreach allows our team to actively work and follow up with a large pipeline. You can customize and tailor automated outreach. Great for SDR and Account executive to maximize time and get more demos.

What do you dislike?

The reporting could use some improvements but it is the best I have seen for sequencing software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend Outreach if you are using SalesForce for your CRM. You will have a ton of possibilities to automate workflows.

If you can get sales and marketing departments to coordinate the implementation you will have better flow with both departments. The customer journey will be a lot better

- Increased productivity for Account Executives and SDR's

- Ability to reduce the manual work to help focus on closing activity

- Allows our new leads to receive emails right away vs waiting for the rep to manual reach out to them

Outreach review by Shane F.
Shane F.
View Original

"Amazing Software for Contacting and Tracking Leads"

What do you like best?

I love that Outreach is very easy both to learn and to use. I had not used Outreach prior to my current position at the software company I work for, and it only took a few hours before I knew how to effectively use Outreach in order to carry out my daily tasks. Outreach is an amazing tool for combining the power of both emailing and calling prospects into one platform that automates everything possible, and keeps good leads in the contact loop to ensure that no opportunities fall through the cracks when you are cold or warm calling.

I also love that Outreach allows you not only to track your own activity in regards to emails, calls, voicemails, etc. but you can also track the activity of the coworkers that you have been given permissions to follow. This is a tremendous help in making sure that multiple people don't accidentally or intentionally reach out to the same prospect.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it can sometimes be slow when you are going through prospects. It can take several seconds for each new prospect to load and overtime this can add up to a fair bit of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a software to automate your email blasting without overwhelming your prospects, and to make calling prospects, whether they be cold or warm, to be efficient and easy, then I strongly recommend Outreach.

Outreach helps me as a business development representative to automate my email blasts without spamming a prospect, and it helps me to not let any opportunities fall through the cracks.

Outreach review by Robert D.
Robert D.

"Sales Automation for BDR,SDR, or AE. "

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the product, and the support that I have gotten has been amazing. We had everything in a running in 1 week!

What do you dislike?

It is basic, which is good and bad. It is good for adoption and getting people to use it, but I have run into 2 times that I am not able to do things the way that I want to...more of a personal preference thing then product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at sales loft, but make sure they show you the current version of the product... When I looked at they were selling the road map hard, and when I dug into what they had in the product it was a lot less then they were selling.

Try the demo, it is a great representation of the product

issues we solved

Quality of outbound emails

100% increase of outbound activity

Increase in responses

leads are getting followed up with 120% more, meaning they are calling and emailing them more then once.

We are able to identify bad leads sooner, and remove them automatically

BDRs like their job more with this tool

Outreach review by Brett L.
Brett L.

"Researching Sales Tools? STOP. You've found the BEST!"

What do you like best?

The support is absolutely amazing! Hands down the best. I hope one day our business has that level of customer service! Lol. The ease of use is great too. I can hire a new rep and have them up and running in their sequences within the day.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had the ability to send different emails based on if the person opened or didn't open an email. This would be perfect to really target the correct messaging for every person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I looked at EVERY other company that is considered competition and outreach is HANDS DOWN the best! Their support is seriously amazing.

We are able to triple the amount of work we used to do before we had outreach. We can finally track KPI's and know what is working and what needs to be worked on.

Outreach review by Derek H.
Derek H.

"Automation and time saving at it's smoothest"

What do you like best?

The automation aspect... having the ability to send custom email cadence to a list of prospects, with defined steps in place, A/B testing emails, subject lines, etc is a great way to test which message works best for your outreach prospects

What do you dislike?

The fact that I can call directly from the platform unless I'm using their call system... The issue is that when you click call, it would send us to our internal call system, which is great, but it always comes with the predefined country code so one always has to remove the country code otherwise the call would not go through.. This would be a huge time saver

Better prospecting, helps increases conversion rates with the right messages and of course time saving by having the system do all the small manual tasks that a monkey can do

"A Necessity"

What do you like best?

There are 2 things I use daily with Outreach, the ability to see who is looking at my emails in real time, and the sequence system. The ability to see email opens in real-time has helped me secure many deals. I reach out when a prospect is looking at the email because I know it's on their mind and it makes the conversation much smoother. Also, the sequences are super handy. One more thing, making a call list through outreach makes logging them much easier and time effective.

What do you dislike?

I've had issues halting or pausing sequences when someone responds to an email. Perhaps it's on me, but it was pitched to us that prospects would be moved automatically. I've had to send multiple apology emails to people saying they didn't want to be emailed at the time and would get an email the next day or two.

See above

Outreach review by Wyatt S.
Wyatt S.

"Enhance your outreach efforts with Outreach"

What do you like best?

We use Outreach as the main platform for our Sales Development Reps and Sales Team. It is a fantastic platform to quickly and efficiently reach a large number of targets and prospects without having to devote a large amount of time to managing pipelines.

Some key items of importance:

Automating emails and using mail merge field to make custom emails

A/B Testing

Saving time by providing all the necessary data in one spot

Process Automation

What do you dislike?

I wish Outreach had more integrations with other software. However, they have had most of the integrations we've needed, and have helped us to identify solutions where integrations don't exist. Also it would be great if videos could be embedded in emails like with other email automation platforms I have used in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy this platform!!

It solves a lot of business issues, among them are the issues with reps wasting time sending emails, researching, planning out their day, losing prospects to the funnel due to poor follow up, email tracking, A/B testing etc. The list goes on and on.

Outreach review by Chris C.
Chris C.

"Outreach should be an integral part of your sales process (pre and post)"

What do you like best?

Outreach makes it easy to build a process and take action when needed. We use it to nurture a customer to start a trial and are able to leverage Outreach voice to make phone calls with 1 click at certain stages of an Outreach sequence. It's integration with Salesforce is by far my favorite feature as every email, appointment, or phone call is automatically logged for everyone in our org to see.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were more rules, ie if customer clicks on an email then immediately send a different email based on what they clicked on.

Pre-trial sales nurture. Ability to nurture trials and build in auto rules to stop the sequence once a trigger field has been set. Customer support is top notch, even sending videos when needed.

Outreach review by Jonathan M.
Jonathan M.

"Great sales tool and company!"

What do you like best?

This platform has been so successful for me not only have I expanded the use across several departments, I also took it with me when changing companies. It has been very easy to roll out, which for me was key, and every time I needed any assistance the support team was on it! Another item to note is the simplicity of A/B testing and very high email deliverability. It's a must have for my sales and support teams!

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of beta roll-outs which is great, though if you delay and miss joining, you may get stuck waiting for general release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think for the right person this is a fantastic solution.

A effective tool to quickly and diligently follow up with inbound leads, prospecting and client support.

Outreach review by Ivan M.
Ivan M.

"Awesome email platform"

What do you like best?

Outreach is a super robust email tool that is easy to use and has very wide functionality. Setting up campaigns, A/B tests within them, selecting audiences - all of this is super easy. It is also very reliable and always sends things on time. Lots of anti-spam features, lots of great little settings to make a better use of the emails. Easy upload and tagging system, easy tracking of results and great reporting. Robust support. All in all, it does all you need for your email marketing.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that didn't work so well is some of the UI - sometimes it's not really clear what a certain button does. Also, their support is not available over chat, it's email only, which means one has to wait for a reply a bit longer. None of this has been a blocker because I always got replies within 24h of sending them an email and their support team was always able to suggest a solution and even send me a screen recording with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something super small and lean + you are not sure that email marketing is definitely something you want to do, consider smaller platforms that keep it leaner. If you want a robust email tool for cold outreach or other email campaigns - Outreach is definitely the best (I checked over 15 platforms before landing with them).

We have been using it for cold email outreach

Outreach review by Cameron C.
Cameron C.

"Awesome Sales Engagement Solution for SDRs "

What do you like best?

Outreach has been an absolutely amazing tool to user over the past year and a half. The solution allows me to consistently work my sales target list while understanding the engagement of my prospects. This allows me to prioritize my activities with reaching out to prospects in an effort to drive interest and set meetings. Additionally, Outreach has a very straight forward user interface that doesn't take excessive training to get up and running on.

What do you dislike?

There really is not much to dislike with Outreach. At times, some of the functionality with uploading email addresses for prospects and syncing with Salesforce is cumbersome. However, overall this is a tool that is immediately easy to begin working with and has single handedly been the most impactful tool as an SDR that I've ever used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have been using Outreach for over a year and a half and have had nothing but great things to say about the tool. The support from their customer success team has been amazing as well.

Outreach solves the problem of a centralized solution for reaching out to prospects and accounts to drive pipeline for our sales team. The tool has allowed me to drive more set meetings with prospects, increase my productivity as a SDR and increase my ability to manage my pipeline.

Outreach review by Jordon S.
Jordon S.

"Best tool for account development"

What do you like best?

I've used a slew of these products. Outreach is definitely the most user friendly, efficient tool I've ever used in an account development/account executive role.

Being able to drop people in a (whatever number you want) step cadence is great. Being able to track open rates, clicks, replies, etc. is huge. Being able to A/B test is amazing. The best part about all of this is that it's EASY to view and digest analytics on the go.

The Salesforce integration is INCREDIBLE.

What do you dislike?

Email cadences are supposed to automatically stop when a prospect replies to an email. I've had some problems with this. It's because I have four alias email addresses that I use - so it makes it a little challenging. I've had many email conversations and screen shares with the support team to fix this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would be very helpful to have someone in the organization who already has experience with Outreach. That way you don't have to always rely on the support team. (which is great, btw).

We are making the web a more meaningful place. We proud ourselves on accomplishing a lot with a small team. Because of this, we all wear a lot of hats and being able to drop people in cadences/sequences has been a serious time saver.

Outreach review by Brittany B.
Brittany B.

"Why we can't sell without Outreach"

What do you like best?

- Outreach Voice allows our team to report on how many dials reps are making and how long those calls are lasting

- We always receive immediate support from the Support team - they're amazing!

- We surveyed our team internally and each member said they couldn't do their jobs without Outreach in our sales stack

What do you dislike?

Currently my only dislike with Outreach is how long it takes to push out new product updates but that's true of most SaaS tools.

Outreach takes the guess work out of what to do and when. With Outreach our team logs in each morning with a list of calls to make and emails to send. It's saved us time and energy allowing more time to sell!

Outreach review by Ankurman S.
Ankurman S.

"Unleas your SDR's full potential"

What do you like best?

Outreach is not a sales enablement tool. Just like the Thor has his hammer, Captain American has his shield, Outreach helps an SDR with the armor to unleash his or her full potential at the job.

The one trick I love for a batched list of prospects is to set a {{custom}} variable for a URL I want to share and then hyperlink the {{custom}} variable on the content. Works awesome.

Haven't used their dialer but my friend who crushed his quota as an ADR and got recently promoted to an AE says, it's dope.

Also, if I could give an award for the best customer chat support rep, Shannon, who commands their drift chat support would be the winner.

So if you're an SDR in charge of pure outbound and if your management is not willing to give Outreach a shot, I would start looking for another company. Period!

What do you dislike?

This may be a bug on the account I was working but -

1. Upon hitting backspace on a Windows OS, the cursor would jump straight to the first line and mess up

2. When I compose a new message, the font size is ridiculously big. But after selecting 'small/medium', it worrks good.

That's pretty much it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Already answered this in my review.

Outbound prospecting on steroids. I used Outreach during my job hunt and was cold-emailed DMs at companies I wanted to interview at.

43 interviews in 3 weeks and an offer in the end. I would take that as a win. All thanks to Outreach.

Outreach review by Nicolò B.
Nicolò B.

"A fully fledged Sales Engagement platform with great support"

What do you like best?

The Outreach platform is proving to be a very intuitive yet powerful tool for our sales reps to accelerate their outreach efforts.

Setting up sequences is very simple and both analytics and enrichment dashboards are very helpful. We are looking forward to testing the new meeting scheduler features which can substitute completely a solution such as Calendly.

What do you dislike?

There have been a couple of times were a user's mailbox (we use Outlook) got disconnected by themselves, and automated emails didn't go out.

For now it seems like they were isolated issues, although the fact that their support said the integration "is even more stable with Gmail" wasn't necessarily reassuring.

With Outreach we are improving Sales Reps productivity (for both emailing and calling) while also tracking a lot more into SFDC thanks to their integration, which allows us to better optimize our outbound activities.

Outreach review by Laura M.
Laura M.

"Necessity for any sales team!"

What do you like best?

Our Account Executives and BDR Team started using Outreach earlier this year and we have already seen a return on investment. My favorite feature is being able to easily create sequences for different prospect types and tracking metrics on them. Outreach also provides a schedule/calendar features which makes it easy for our BDRs to schedule meetings on behalf of our AEs.

What do you dislike?

I'd love greater ability to segregate sequences and templates to specific groups. Outreach is constantly releasing new features and I believe this is on their roadmap already.

Outreach allows us to scale best practices across multiple teams at our company. We can see metrics on which emails do best for open/reply. Outreach is also great for tracking activity into Salesforce.

Outreach review by Alec A.
Alec A.

"Valuable features, UX and Reporting could use some tweaks"

What do you like best?

The amount of sales tasks that can be easily automated with their feature set. Sequences and triggers allow us to get a lot more done with a lot less effort.

What do you dislike?

The user experience could be much better. Too many clicks are required to accomplish certain tasks and information about specific prospects and accounts isn't always available within the interface that you'd like it to be (e.g. a one-off email that has been scheduled can only be viewed from within a user's outbox rather than on a prospect's profile).

Also, reporting is billed as more effective than it is. The metrics you're able to see within the platform are limited or not available in one place.

Thanks to our ability to automate many of the tasks that our team was previously spending countless hours on doing manually, we're able to do more outreach and have realized a slight uptick in the number of opportunities generated as a result.

Outreach review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Outreach helped us build our process and get results! "

What do you like best?

Outreach is easy to set up and use whether synced with Salesforce or using as a stand alone sales acceleration platform. The ability to have 360 View helps my reps know the most likely prospects to reach out to during a given day. Reps can easily track their activity and set up tasks. Sequences ensure each prospect gets the touches needed to connect and close. The reporting makes coaching easy and fun. Outreach is our right arm for outbound prospecting.

What do you dislike?

The software used to be slow and glitchy but I have not had any problems lately at all. My team loves this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak with a Rep! They are knowledgeable and want to provide a consultative experience.

We needed to develop a systematic outbound process in order to realize revenue while being as efficient and productive as possible. Outreach helps us automate processes, keep track of important metrics, and develop a process that is working in realizing our revenue goals.

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

I use outreach at work every single day. My company uses this as the main vehicle to make outbound, or take inbound calls, because it is absolutely phenomenal at it. This helps us keep track of our clients, create tasks, and stay on top of any emails emailed to (received, and opened by) clients. We also integrate it with ambition to keep track of individual employee productivity.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, due to whatever reason, our calls can drop in the middle of conversations, or we are unable to make any calls at all. This is clearly a frustration for all of the employees, as we can't really do our job at all. Thankfully, issues like this don't take more than 2-3 hours to resolve. Also, they need to come up with a smoother way of utilizing outreach on our smartphones. That feature would be very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I would recommend Outreach to companies, and friends. It is one of the best products to use for the purpose of cold calling. Although it is far from flawless, because sometimes, it just lags, or doesn't let us make outbound calls, it does its job most of the time. Whenever there is a problem, a quick call to their team prompts a fast response.

My company uses this as the main vehicle to make outbound, or take inbound calls, stay on top of tasks pertaining to each client, and send emails.

Outreach review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Outreach eliminates micromanaging your pipeline so you can focus on what matters"

What do you like best?

The best part of Outreach by far is the hundreds of micro-decisions you make in managing your pipeline - decision fatigue as a sales rep is a real productivity killer - are automatically managed, so you can increase the activities that make you successful. It's a phenomenal software

What do you dislike?

I can't say I love how prospect notes/account notes aren't able to be displayed simultaneously by things like email replies or past activity - the UI isn't bad by any means, but it seems like it could be improved upon or have a little more customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't speak to the experience with other sales process management tools, but Outreach has been great on all fronts as a user, and the company is headed in a great direction!

Sales process automation

Outreach review by Casey S.
Casey S.

"THE outbound tool for sales professionals"

What do you like best?

The best part of outreach is the A/B testing functionality. I can create a campaign and A/B test the subject lines for open rates, then iterate on the best subjects by maximizing the copy. Outreach automatically divides prospects through the A/B process, or you can denote it, yourself.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice if you could log multiple calls in a task. For example, if I call a number when I'm working through my X number of tasks a day and the number is WRONG, when I want to call a second number it overrides that task unless I want to exit my queue and log a whole new call. Maybe there's a better way to do it, but I don't know it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have an academy that can help you understand the capabilities of Outreach. Check it out to make sure it aligns with what you're looking for.

Outreach is helping me to reach out to more people who may not need high-touch custom email campaigns. It helps me identify key information from my prospect companies to understand if they are *even* a prospect to begin with.

Outreach review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Solid emailing tool with limitations for marketing use case"

What do you like best?

I've been using Outreach for years now and I've always been impressed by the admin features which allows a lot of control to set up permissions for user profiles. Also, Outreach offers a lot of options for mailbox settings (the SendGrid integration is great). The UI and the depth of the Salesforce integration are also huge selling points for Outreach. In addition, Outreach has great safety features that will prevent human error like adding the same contact twice to the same sequence.

What do you dislike?

I initially chose Outreach because at the time they were ahead of the competition when it comes to automation features. Unfortunately, not many improvements have been made on this front in the last year. Particularly, it can be tricky to use Outreach for both inbound and outbound use cases. For instance, there is no way to prioritized inbound emails over outbound emails and if you have a lot of outbound emails already queued, the inbound emails would have to wait to be sent. Also, when I signed up there weren't any sending limitation per user but now users can only send up to 5,000 emails per week and this limitation is independent from Gmail (I'm using SendGrid and still limited to 5,000). Not great if you have large list of customers you want to email. If you want to send more emails you would have to purchase multiple outreach and salesforce licenses per sales rep and then user management becomes a nightmare. I wish their pricing structure would be more flexible by allowing the purchasing of additional email volume independently from the number of user seats. Finally, while using Salesforce reports to automatically pulled new contacts from Salesforce into Outreach overnight is a great feature, it just doesn't work. The feature has been broken for more than a year and had never been fixed. As the results, I have to import contacts manually which is a very inefficient process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to send no more than 500 emails per day per user, Outreach is a great tool, above this you may start hitting some roadblocks.

I started to use outreach to prospect new customers. Outreach has allowed us to structure and automate many part of this process. The program has grown a lot however some limitations from Outreach has prevented us to scale the program as much as we would like to. Also, I considered using Outreach for inbound leads but has mentioned above, there are challenges in implement both outbound and inbound workflows in Outreach.

Outreach review by Shaun H.
Shaun H.

"Outreach smarter with Outreach"

What do you like best?

- Ease of use and setup on the platform was extremely easy. My Outreach customer success manager was with me every step of the way, and empowered me and the team to be able to continue to setup the tool to our liking.

- Top-notch support from their support team. Anytime I have a simple question support related, I send an email, and they're quick to respond and help me resolve the issue.

- Outreach voice has been the best dialer I've used. Quality is great, the local dial numbers are great. A+

- Automating emails and using mail merge field to make custom emails

- A/B Testing

- Integrations in Salesforce, DiscoverOrg, Outlook, etc

- Process Automation

What do you dislike?

Not much. They have a great team adding features all the time. I see something new every week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it.

reps wasting time sending emails

planning their day

losing prospects

better followups

email tracking

A/B testing

Outreach review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best product in our sales stack"

What do you like best?

Outreach makes task management easy. Instead of constantly setting reminders and writing post-it notes, I am able to view all tasks in Outreach and easily sort through prospects and customers by location. The transparency into who owns a prospect and details of email opens and replies is really great. The gmail plugin makes it really easy to track emails without writing them from the platform. Outreach Voice is really easy to setup and use from an admin point of view. Our customer success manager is always available and doesn't hesitate to set up a call if we have questions.

What do you dislike?

The analytics and reporting could be a lot better. Currently, you have to click through multiple options and screens in order to get some of the metrics that I would like to see.

We have been able to increase SDR and AE productivity by automating a lot of lower value tasks and focusing on efficiency. In the time since we have been using Outreach, we've grown the sales team by almost 5X.

Outreach review by User

"Awesome for staying on top of prospects"

What do you like best?

Outreach is very easy to use. I was using it like a pro instantly. It has very helpful information on their support page outlining how to set up sequences, templates, snippets, etc. Anything you need to know is in there. And if you can't find it, you email them from the system and my questions are answered within hours and will also send helpful "how-to" videos. Awesome support!

What do you dislike?

It doesn't integrate yet with LinkedIn in the sense I can not track responses I send to prospects. I can create tasks that tell me to use LinkedIn/Sales Navigator. But it doesn't pull in activity reports. Sales Navigator is a very important tool for reaching prospects, better than email and phone in my opinion. But I have to track my response rates manually.

It saves a ton of time and doesn't let any prospects fall through the cracks. I also like how I can add tags to certain prospects so that I can fun lists for specific campaigns I want to run. I am eager to learn more about the new pipeline features. It's a great tool and keeps getting better.

Outreach review by Nathan R.
Nathan R.

"OutReach, data driven pipeline development"

What do you like best?

The clear user interface makes the adaption and onboarding and set up seamless. On top of that, the powerful cross-platform synchronization expedites the list building process. Lastly, if there are any snags the high-quality customer support and account management teams are fantastic.

OutReach is the cornerstone of my team's technology stack, even beyond our CRM.

What do you dislike?

The only adoption struggle I've seen is when customers struggle with content development, and I wish they went the extra mile to be thought leaders in that space.

I wish the Reporting was more granular and felxible.

I also wish the account to contact synchronization was more fluid and automatic

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. the platform is very powerful and the team deeply cares about making you successful.

Scale! The platform helps build colaboration between our reps and helps us focus on the critical task to build our business. It also helps us be a more data driven sales engine.

Outreach review by Gabriella D.
Gabriella D.

"The best tool for sales development activities"

What do you like best?

Outreach is crucial for our SDR and BDRs to mass sequence leads into campaigns and manage our reach outs. With the capability to put a lead into a "pitch follow up" sequence ( a sequence that triggers if the lead doesn't reply to the initial email) we have had pretty much a 100% response rate from leads who have replied at some point. The platform is extremely user friendly and support is always helpful, I was able to get on the phone with someone shortly after I reported an issue.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint with Outreach is the reporting features are not accurate -- I Have brought this up to our CSM multiple times but they do not seem to have it in their roadmap to change this. Reports will show higher reply rates than open rates which makes no sense, so we have to calculate our stats manually.

We are getting in contact with way more leads and following up more efficiently then without an email automation software. Getting in touch, setting tasks, and staying organized has genuinely never been easier. Outreach along with Salesforce is our most used platform in our sales motion.

Outreach review by Administrator

"Great Software to Streamline Sales Process"

What do you like best?

I love how Outreach has the sales process baked into their solution. Our SDR team never needs to leave Outreach. They can log calls, create notes, and email leads straight from Outreach. It has a great email deliverability, has an extremely friendly User Interface, and is a critical portion of our sales stack. Anytime there is an issue, the support staff does a top-notch job helping us out.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of the new Outreach everywhere sidebar. I felt the older UI was easier to navigate and was more homogenous with the rest of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use your customer rep to leverage innovative ways of using the product. There is a lot of application.

Outreach allows our sales team to scale their efforts with a combinate of automated and manual tasks for the team to accomplish. They do not need to think about targeting, they simply log-in and see what is due in their tasks section.

Outreach review by User

"Best Tool We've Purchased"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Outreach is the amount of prospects I can handle at once. Before using Outreach, I was forced to be selective with who I prospected because I never wanted to lose one in the mix. Now I can handle hundreds, sometimes thousands, at once, and Outreach keeps them all organized and hot for me.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that could be better. One is the Opt-Out feature. I'm still working on differentiating between if the prospect opted out of email or out of calls. Right now it has them all in one place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it. It's changed the game for me and my team. Their customer service is second to none as well. We looked at a few different products while shopping for this one, and I'm very happy we landed on this. I've tried trials of others similar and although they were decent, the use and ease of Outreach is what makes it awesome.

I use Outreach for both prospecting and client management. I have sequences for both. For clients, I keep a longer sequence to keep touches with them and to make sure I talk with them at least once a quarter to address any issues they may be having.

Outreach review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Excellent to help you stay accountable for what you might otherwise forget to do!"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to schedule emails to send in the future, with follow-up sequences on top!

Love that I never have to worry about prioritizing tasks, that's done for me!

Love having a comprehensive "Layout" of tiles that are critical to my ability to be relevant with our targets.

Love that I can gain insights into my team's day to day activity; it's easy to dig in to learn more with my AEs about what "Dead Ends" or common objections they're facing.

What do you dislike?

Reporting could be a bit more comprehensive, and easier to export out of Outreach.

Would love to not have to manually update data in Outreach once it changes outside of Outreach.

We're solving efficiency problems every day in our organization.

More comprehensive insights on activities, less time wasted typing "the same email" over and over again, and especially task management in a streamlined way.

Outreach review by Theron A.
Theron A.

"Outreach is my sales brain"

What do you like best?

I love the task automation tool. By putting my leads and opportunities into sequences, I can just push play and let Outreach tell me what to do next. The less I have to think about what comes next, the more I can just smile and dial.

I also love all the software integrations that are offered!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the permissions can be frustrating. I'll need to call someone, but the software will tell me I don't have rights to contact them, but I won't know why. Probably just an admin setting, but it would be nice to have a little mk ore visibility into the restrictions, even if I can't change them.

Emailing, calling and organizing leads and lead campaigns.

Outreach review by Justin C.
Justin C.

"Easiest to use, most powerful, constantly improved email tool"

What do you like best?

I love that Outreach is constantly updating it's tool to be better. The features are great and work exactly as described, but knowing that you're working with a company that is putting so much into improving gives you comfort that it's money well spent.

What do you dislike?

The analytics are fine but not nearly as informative to the user as a tool like ToutApp. Luckily, Outreach beats them in nearly every other category.

The biggest problem being solved is having quality communication with clients without having to spend too much of my busy time. Outreach helps me organize my emails, calls, and tasks so I am never missing an open opportunity.

Outreach review by Steven T.
Steven T.

"Great Sales Enablement Tool"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use for our End-users and the ability to seamless sync between SFDC and Outreach.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be a bit overwhelming and it can sometimes be hard to navigate. The blessing here is that they have a fantastic CS team that helps you find what you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to see how you can customize cadences with different tasks and also learn about the chrome extension.

We are able to streamline our cold and warm outreach with ease. The ability to customize cadences for different use cases is a game changer. Our SDR team would not be able to run without this tool.

Outreach review by Charles S.
Charles S.

"Scale outbound/inbound and hone in on targets"

What do you like best?

We recently shifted towards an ABM approach and Outreach was a perfect addition to our tech stack. My team is able to scale their efforts while targeting specific organizations. We use a couple of other piece of tech that show us who/when to reach out to and another that serves up targeted ads to specific companies with over 20k employees. Outreach enables my team to go after targets simultaneous to getting ads which has led to a massive surge to our opportunity pipeline and increased our deal size by 2x (so far).We set this up at the beginning of July 2018 and within a week we were fully operational and ROI is already proven.

What do you dislike?

It can be buggy at times and search functions are limited but the support team is super fast and helpful.

Scaling our approach to maximize our reach and account based marketing.

Outreach review by Jacki L.
Jacki L.

"🚀 Transform your sales development team into a weapon of mass friendliness."

What do you like best?

I love being able to see exactly what's going on with my outreach - really great visual layout and workflows to understand what's happening by account, persona, message... you name it! I could (seriously folks) go on all day about what I love so here's just a quick list: Powerful SFDC integration, automated workflows, automatic OOO detection (pauses and restarts!!), native calendar sharing/booking, BEST DYNAMIC TAGS i've ever seen, and it works like a dream!

I used to run a team on SalesLoft and it would crash 2-4 times per week and I had zero visibility into what was going on. I've also used Yesware, Hubspot Sales, Contactually, Toutapp, and Cirrus. This is by far the best sales engagement platform I've ever used.

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve for integrating with SFDC - far more options and work flows to think through than with SalesLoft/Yesware/Toutapp/etc. Since I am not at the package level that includes white-glove setup, I've spent a bunch of time on their knowledge base and figuring stuff out. Support does do a great job and they now have The Peak for advanced best practices, etc. that's super helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you'll have a real product champion - Outreach has soooo many functionalities - have someone who will bring the enthusiasm and pursuit for best practices.

I've booked over 70 cold outbound meetings since implementing Outreach 9 weeks ago. If you're looking to build pipeline with persona-lized & high quality messaging - this is the weapon you need.

Outreach review by Humberto L.
Humberto L.

"One of the most user friendly CRM clients I have used"

What do you like best?

I like that it is very customizable. I haven't been able to use all of the features yet but love the way I can pull data with just a flew clicks.

What do you dislike?

Just that I haven't been able to learn all the features. I need to register for more webinars I suppose

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customization of the platform and data presented is awesome.. Easy to use and has a great appearance which is always a plus.

I've been able to keep track of my leads in a very organized and effective way. Benefits could be that I need less clicks and involvement to reach the data I need in the way I need it.

Outreach review by Aaron S.
Aaron S.

"Massive productivity, simple to setup"

What do you like best?

Consistent messaging

Email scheduling

CRM sync

Batching tasks

Increasing team fluidity

Improving rep organization

Easier to find live call notes and replies for coaching

What do you dislike?

Easy to start, hard to perfect

A lot of power in this platform but it really creates a demand on the messaging side of the house. It's a full time job keeping sequences updated and tracking the best emails, call cadence's, and improving them.

Our productivity and consistency in messaging has skyrocketed. The ability to drop leads into a sequence and know they will be followed up on with diligence and accurate content is huge.

Outreach review by Aurora M.
Aurora M.

"A sales automation tool that can actually automate your day"

What do you like best?

Automating my day - I always want to customize my emails but the overall templates are the same. Outreach allows me to complete my prospecting calls & emails quickly so that I have more time to focus on my existing opportunities.

What do you dislike?

There was a huge learning curve, but it was worth it in the end. I think more Customer Support training 1:1 for sales reps would lead to increased utilization of all of Outreach's capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Select a few power users before implementing on the entire sales floor. You definitely need a few power users to support a large scale implementation. Also their Knowledge Base is incredible - super easy to self service.

Our sales organization tried multiple sales automation platforms - Outreach was the only one that we saw the continued product investment and focus on the customer needs.

Outreach review by Kevin C.
Kevin C.

"Solid Email System! High Responses"

What do you like best?

I liked how many responses we got as well as the integration with our Salesforce instance. This made things easy when looking to add data to our instance without having to map and upload data.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like how uncusomizable some of the features when moving data to salesforce was. For instance, being able to only record the first response with a status update, and not update the Lead Status when additional emails are received. Little scenarios like that we faced and had to code workarounds in salesforce

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep going strong with the salesforce platform integrations. That is huge for so many people.

We solved the ability to template multiple emails with high dependability on responses as Outreach emails rarely go into spam. The additional responses allowed us to get a better view on our marketing strategy to adjust and get stronger responses.

Outreach review by Megan A.
Megan A.

"Good product - competitive to Yesware"

What do you like best?

The ability to store and share templates, sequences and contacts is extremely useful. My favorite feature is all the data and analytics provided. We heavily utilize: Open Rate, bounced, replies, and especially contacts that are due. It's extremely helpful to also see how many times a contact has engaged with an email because then we can try to determine their level of interest to continue pursuing them.

What do you dislike?

It is a manual product. It definitely helps us automate a lot of our work, but you need to be thorough when setting up cadences. Things like spaces or extra commas could disrupt the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize their customer success/account managers if you need help or want best practices. They are very quick to jump on a call and help you.

This tool does help us automate a lot of our job. We're able to constantly have cadences running while setting up new ones to meet the needs for email selling.

Outreach review by Administrator in Computer Software

"SDR efficiency through the roof"

What do you like best?

Prior to Outreach our SDR team felt a little sluggish and unfocused. It was a good team, but they spent so much time trying to figure out what they SHOULD be doing, that it ended up sacrificing time they could have spent thinking about HOW they were doing things. Outreach has streamlined our ADR process to the point where we are processing at about 4x the volume with the same team. Plus they add new features at a pretty fast pace.

What do you dislike?

There are few features that would be "nice to haves" around triggers, but it sounds like they are coming soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We compared Outreach and Salesloft pretty closely. We are very happy with the decision and feel like we for sure made the right choice.

SDR efficiency. Calendar and meeting bookings. Email tracking. Call tracking. Really end to end sales process.

Outreach review by Rajesh B.
Rajesh B.

"A Good Sales Automation Solution"

What do you like best?

The minimalistic design and the handy features for admins to get the ball rolling in under 3 days is awesome.

What do you dislike?

The Support. Currently only serviceable in PST time zone - by the time something has broke if you are in IST - it would have blown beyond proportions by the time Outreach support wakes up to pick it up for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have an SDR team in place and are in Growth mode - consider having Outreach to track email delivery rates, the response rates, to auto-generate tasks for SDRs, to measure conversions.

1. Customized templates based on audience

2. Stats to A/B test what kind of content gets most conversions

Outreach review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Powerful Sales Tool"

What do you like best?

Outreach has changed the way we conduct our outbound sales - ensuring that all reps follow the same process and use the same email messaging. The interface is complex, but intuitive after using for several hours, and allows our reps to focus on one, integrated platform for almost all of their sales prospecting. The mass of features, excellent support, and overall reliability of the platform contribute to a strong recommendation.

What do you dislike?

Platform can be complicated and has tons of features - can be difficult to train on for a casual user. In-app reporting could be better, but SFDC integrations make up for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Company support is top notch, new feature additions support our direction.

Our business development team relies on Outreach for all outbound and inbound sales prospecting. We've increased our call volume, synchronized our cadences, and improved reporting capabilities.

Outreach review by Chad S.
Chad S.

"Powerful, Game-changing sales tool"

What do you like best?

There probably isn't enough space for me to answer this question. It has literally changed our approach to prospecting. We have tripled our output and are now building out better messaging.

What do you dislike?

Not a thing. Seriously, everyday I discover new features that blow my mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The training videos and content you get make implementation really easy.

We needed to solve a volume problem so that we could focus on quality issues. Outreach solved that problem for us overnight. We are running at a fast clip now and can do A/B testing, open/click tracking and not worry about losing things through the cracks.

Outreach review by Jim T.
Jim T.

"Outreach platform is critical for my sales team"

What do you like best?

Sales work flow automation reduces the amount of mundane tasks for my reps. The ability to create and automate contact with prospects through sequences is invaluable. They are constantly adding features such as text activity reporting. Chat support is very convenient and timely. We have had to use additional levels of support beyond chat support and have been pleased.

What do you dislike?

Outreach is not yet as mature as some other SAAS offering such as SalesForce. But they are making advances every week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand your target market and be ready to develop messaging, lots of messaging. You will be effective with short content and many touches. We try to keep email content to 4 sentences.

Outreach is a force multiplier for my team. My small team can do more with less time, giving them ability to focus on critical deal tasks.

Outreach review by Michael J. T.
Michael J. T.

"Intuitively collaborative marketing automation"

What do you like best?

Outreach provides a streamlined interface with SFDC and email and continuously expanding the technology to enable intuitive reporting and marketing next steps, called "sequences" based on a wide variety of criteria.

What do you dislike?

There is still room for growth when it comes to simplifying their interface; there are so many things you can do, it starts to get tricky to remember where everything is, and how to get to things in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't second guess whether or not this solution will help you with email automation; it's great!

Outreach is an incredible tool for simplifying email and phone prospecting efforts

Outreach review by Brad R.
Brad R.

"Great tool to increase production and revenue"

What do you like best?

Sequences are what make this software. Within the sequence, the tasks are create for the agent. Thus making it much more simple for an agent to manage the customer pipeline.

What do you dislike?

The only thing i don't love, is that it only syncs Accounts and Contacts. We use mainly the salesforce opportunity in our instance. But i've created flows for it to work more seamless.

The pipeline fall-out. With the sequences, agents are able to have call tasks, email, and cover all parts of their sales pipeline. Instead of manually scheduling all these tasks, outreach sequences do this for them.

"Outreach is awesome!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy outreach is to build sequences and to add them to your pipeline as well as sharing them with other people to use as well. It is very user-friendly and makes building multiple versions easy. Also, I like how Outreach can work and integrate with your email account and SalesForce as well. It makes it easy to email and update leads straight from the page. Once you get to know how to use it, it is very easy and simple to understand. The metrics and numbers are super simple to understand and you are able to see what is going out and what is going in as well as how many have bounced and what is scheduled.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Outreach is slow and the results don't seem to be too accurate. Also, sometimes it will show you when someone opens the email but not when others do so I have to go online and check the numbers.

It is easy to send emails and track them which is the main part of our business. It would be very difficult if you were not able to track who opened what and when but Outreach helps you with that. I know that my emails are being seen and when to follow up with the lead.

Outreach review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Huge Fan"

What do you like best?

The tool easily integrates with Salesforce and can easily save me 1-2 hours a day of manually sending generic follow up emails to cold call prospects through sequencing. That is by far my least favorite part of my day to day as it requires no thought and a lot of manual labor.

What do you dislike?

Their reasons for this make sense to me from a billing perspective, but as an individual sales rep with limited control or influence over my company's budget, I would love the ability to purchase an individual account for myself. My company has access on a trial basis and while I can advocate for Outreach until I am blue in the face, it is hard for me to make that big an impact as one rep in one office of a global company and I imagine the same is true of most end users of a tool like this. I have done this with other sales tools in the past when my company stopped covering the expenses or moved to a different tool that I didn't like as much and would really love to do the same if that happens with Outreach too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure when you set up your templates that you are using consistent formatting, especially when copy and pasting templates from outlook or word or anywhere that you have them previously saved.

Outreach saves me countless time on manually sending canned follow up emails to cold call prospects by letting me upload my own custom CC templates and sequencing the follow ups on my schedule. That allows me to dedicate my time to prospecting and doing more meaningful work to drive sales rather than copying and pasting 100 generic emails everyday.

Outreach review by Dries L.
Dries L.

"Outreach makes our lives easier!"

What do you like best?

+ Seamless integration with Salesforce.

+ Removes hours/week spent on administration for our SDRs

+ Ability to tailor sequences with manual or automatic email steps

+ Great reporting features so as a manager you can really dive into team & individual performance and see what you can improve

+ Very nice customer support team, they really want to dive in and help out

What do you dislike?

- Lots of options can lead SDRs to make mistakes that block their workflow or have unexpected results (for example: editing the delivery schedule to another timezone)

- If not used well then SDRs can impact messaging from colleagues by working on 'linked templates'. These changes then cause confusion with the other SDR because his messaging suddenly changed, seemingly out of nowhere.

- Needs admin ability to block certain options for users so they cannot alter them by mistake => admins should be able to create a fixed set of sequence rulesets & delivery schedules, and assign them to certain teams. Team members (users) should not be able to create their own without admin approval.

+ The bidirectional sync with Salesforce has been really useful to automate status changes and other updates, cutting down administration time significantly

+ Thanks to Outreach our sales development team spends more time having meaningful interactions with prospects because their workflow is a lot smoother

+ As a SDR Manager I can quickly spot individual points of improvement in the reporting tab, as well as high-level statistics to discuss with management.

Outreach review by Gijs B.
Gijs B.

"Cutting edge BDR / SDR platform"

What do you like best?

1. There are tools that do e-mail pretty well, but few deliver a nearly seamless Integration of call and e-mail.

2. It allows for comparison of sequences that consist of calls and e-mails. This is far better than a simple overview of e-mail open/reply rates.

3. Semi-manual and automatic sending of e-mail

4. Excellent customer service

5. Active development on the tool / frequency of new releases

6. Excellent chrome extension that plugs into Gmail and SalesForce

7. Management of user responsibilities

8. Nice, clean interface

9. Easy to use reporting

10. Clear overview of a reps task list for the day

What do you dislike?

No social media (Twitter/LinkedIn) support. A generic task can be made to do something social, but it doesn't support sending anything from Outreach.

Conversations can't be categorized, so they can't be easily reviewed with reps

Admins can't move ownership of a template to themselves.

Fewer focus on partners compared to SalesLoft

If you install the chrome extension, it logs all e-mails in Outreach, including personal / internal ones. Messing up reporting and sparking privacy concerns.

Sometimes the solution feels a bit buggy, not ready for large scale deployment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a look at SalesLoft and Hubspot.

SalesLoft is a direct competitor.

Hubspot has some basic functionalities, similar to Outreach. Only makes sense if you have Hubspot already, or want a really simple installation.

Improved understanding of what's working and what not for our BDRs

Better reporting

Increased productivity vs SalesForce (slow!)

Outreach review by Octavian B.
Octavian B.

"Useful outbound tool, needs polishing"

What do you like best?

Outreach helps you reach more people by automating email prospecting in a way that's still personal. The ability to do call after call with just a couple of clicks is quite effective. SalesForce integration and A/B testing come in handy also.

What do you dislike?

It falls short once you have the first answer and need to follow-up. Tracking and reporting is quite limited, email & call logging is not always accurate and there's much more automation needed to make this tool complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth trying for mass prospecting and building various outbound sequences. The tool is a better fit for bulk emailing than calling since it lacks the necessary automation on calls. Following-up, measuring actual campaign results and tracking responses accurately are some of the main weak points.

Running email outbound campaigns is easier and more efficient, saving a lot of time with automated sequences. It helps get in contact with more people, but it becomes cumbersome right after that. Good for measuring response and open rates for different approaches.

Outreach review by User in Computer Software

"Awesome so far!"

What do you like best?

I have just started onboarding my team's information and the instructional videos and support has been very helpful. Their team responds quickly to even my most basic questions. The a/b testing is fantastic and I love the information they provide for each lead- you are given a ton of info including the current weather in their location.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much to put here yet. I guess if anything, it would be great if I did not have to wait for our Salesforce account needed to be set up in order to set up accounts for the new leads I add. You don't need Salesforce but since we are planning to use it, it will save me a lot of time to wait until we have accounts established there before I mass upload new leads. I would like it if accounts were created based on company name/website automatically. Note: Not sure if I am missing a work around here.

Organizing outreach, A/B testing solution, personalizing outreach, making a sale!