Owler

Owler Reviews

Showing 23 Owler reviews
Owler review by <span>Bri  A.</span>
Bri A.

Love what it can do, sometimes hard to navigate

What do you like best?

I love that you can set up triggers and a dashboard that will show you company updates from anyone from your company to your competitors to your customers and prospects. It's very cool being able to scroll and see press releases.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that my favorite feature, the Dashboard, is going to be removed soon. This feature is vital for me to keep my team updated with what is going on with our customers, so that makes me sad. I'm hoping I can convince them out of it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out, it can be a really cool tool. There are probably tons of things that Owler can do that I am not aware of, so be better than me and check out their FAQ page!

Owler makes it possible to stay abreast of things in the news that my team might not otherwise locate. It helps me to see all of the press releases for things from video releases to awards to mergers and acquisitions, and that gives me an opportunity to congratulate my customers and check in with them.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Owler
Owler review by <span>Ana T.</span>
Ana T.

Awesome competitive intelligence tool

What do you like best?

Owler is very useful tool. I like that I can see all news about my competitors in one place instead of searching the Internet for hours. CEO's rating is nice, allows you to see what leadership style is not very likable by employees, partners and clients. Notifications is very helpful, especially when you are interested in specific news about specific company.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that our competitors can see all news about our company too. I do like how owler recommend competitors based on our company profile, the recommendations are very inaccurate and we need to add competitors manually. Registration and setup process was not very intuitive, as they need to work on their UI a little bit. Updates are not happening automatically, sometimes you need to wait few days when the updates you did appear on your company's page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the tool, it is completely free and gets you many helpful insights about your industry trends and news about your competitors.

Getting timely insights about competitors that helps to adjust our marketing strategy. Getting news and trends in the industry that helps with content planning.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

Owler review by User in Internet

Owler Review

What do you like best?

I really like the competitor updates, as they cover topline business details but also provide insights into how rivals are performing from angles that you don't get elsewhere (e.g. CEO approval ratings, number of blog posts being produced etc.)

What do you dislike?

If you set up an account that tracks a specific industry/competitor set, then switch to different ones I've found that it still retains details about your original setup. This means that your dataset can be fogged up by rivals/industries that you don't want any longer. The only workaround I've found for this is to create another account and start again with fresh criteria.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd give it a whirl on a particular industry and/or set of companies to see if it gives you the kind of data you want. I'd also advise having a go at contributing some data as well, as it's a painless, gamified experience.

Insights into competitor activity that I wouldn't get from 'traditional' tools. From my perspective, I've found the CEO rankings to be quite informative as they help contextualize what people think about rival leaders.

Owler review by User in Information Technology and Services

Why not use Owler to know your competitors!!!

What do you like best?

Owler has really helped me in my daily tasks especially when looking for related companies' information. Owler also sends me daily alerts on companies I follow, this ensures that I don't go online to search for the companies on a daily basis thus keeping me up to date with the information I much need.

What do you dislike?

Currently I am enjoying everything about Owler as it is very reliable and helpful when it comes looking for related company information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Owler to those who have not tried it; it's the best software as it gives the exact information you need while being detailed enough as you will find more related companies listed on Owler which you might not find on other software.

I have so many projects which require me to get information about related companies and Owler has come in handy in this as it's the best software in this project.

Owler review by <span>Michael L.</span>
Michael L.

Free Company News Alerts, Social Media Tracking, and Polls

What do you like best?

As a free service, Owler is heads and shoulders above Google Alerts. The service provides higher precision and does a much better job of filtering out non-business content. They also recently launched a set of competitor tools for comparing companies and have begun suggesting additional companies to track (e.g. You follow X how about Y?)

Owler integrates corporate news, press releases, blogs, and videos (YouTube and Vimeo).into a single viewer making it much easier to track key customers, prospects, and competitors. The viewer allows sales reps, competitive analyst, and market researchers to quickly evaluate and track a company across multiple content categories.

They have also put together a funding dataset similar to TechCrunch. It appears to be fairly strong, but this is not my area of expertise.

What do you dislike?

The executive content is thin. They only provide the CEO name, a CEO performance poll, and an executive change feed. There are no other executives provided in the service.

Company list building is under featured and only covers a limited number of companies. Executive screening is not available.

They have yet to incorporate Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn into their unified viewer, but when they do, this service will be extremely valuable.

The service offered a decent mobile app but decommissioned it. Because there is no longer a mobile app, I lowered my overall score from 8 to 7.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a free service, so your cost is simply that of a few minutes visiting the site and checking it out. Setup a few key companies you want to track with daily emails. Avoid public companies in your test as you want to see how it does on companies with limited news coverage. Other free or lows cost services to test it against are Yahoo Alerts and InsideView Free.

They also have funding data. For this, you can compare it against CrunchBase or any of the subscription PE/VC datasets.

Make sure to check out the service on your mobile device and filtering by category.

Company Tracking and altering via web browser, mobile browser, and email alerts. Having a unified viewer across multiple datasets (news, press releases, video, blogs, and Owler polls) makes it easy to quickly research a company or track key companies.

Owler review by User in Computer Software

Great way to gain information

What do you like best?

I like the ease and connivence of finding relevant information about the people I am trying to contact and get ahold of. I also enjoy being to find information about my company and and our competitors. The platform is easy to use and doe not take a lot of time to learn. One thing I think is very important is that I am able to see what companies are merging or being acquired. This helps me stay up to date and relevant.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the information is not accurate or unavailable for certain companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to use. I was spending a lot of time trying to find basic information about a prospect. Now I am able to be more efficient in the use of my time. This has allowed me to cover more ground and be more successful in contacting those I am prospecting.

I am able to be more efficient in searching for information.

Learning about Owler?

* We monitor all Owler reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.