Paddle

Paddle

Paddle is a checkout, eCommerce, marketing and analytics platform for software developers.

Work for Paddle?

Learning about Paddle?

Paddle Reviews

Ask Paddle a Question
Showing 42 Paddle reviews
Paddle review by <span>William W.</span>
William W.

"Works great for my small business"

What do you like best?

The admin interface is hugely better over that of competing services. It is very easy to track orders and view day-to-day sales. Customers also seem to greatly enjoy the checkout experience and I often get asked what checkout I am using on my websites. Security seems to be tighter and I have fewer chargebacks.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if you could do more actions 'globally' to take effect over all products. I have several hundred products listed and uploaded to Paddle now. It can be pain to go through each one to add new currencies or change something like email messages. I would love to see options that can be applicable to all products store-wide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may seem a little pricey at first glance, compared with other providers. But the amount of admin / accountancy work Paddle does on your behalf makes it excellent value for money.

The main reason for switching to Paddle was compliance with the awful VAT-MOSS EU laws. I do not have the time or willingness to register myself for VAT in however many EU countries and do all the extra paperwork. If I had not switched to Paddle, then I would have needed to shut down my company.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Paddle
Paddle review by <span>Ervin K.</span>
Ervin K.

"After my bank sent back the wire amount, Paddle decided to take the hit on the fees ($101.46)"

What do you like best?

The interface, the API integration and the fact that it's one of the very few payment gateways that support vendors in Albania.

What do you dislike?

UPDATE: After my bank sent back the wire amount, the processing fees came out to be astronimical ($101.46). As a gesture of goodwill, Paddle decided to take the hit on the fees. Heartwarming!

It's been a month already that I've been waiting for a payout via a wire transfer. A month of calling my bank, contacting Paddle and trying to figure out what was going on.

At the very end, the bank in UK (Paddle's end) refused to give some extra info my bank asked for. "This is what we have. You can revert the transfer if you want" the UK bank said. They basically cut it short. If only they did that in the very beginning so I wouldn't have to wait for a whole month.

What's the point of being able to accept credit card payments from all over the World when you don't actually get to enjoy them?

Very dissapointed

Ability to accept credit cards payments from all over the World for an App my team has built. It's a subscription based app and Paddle allows us to manage & automaticall charge the subscribers.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

Paddle review by <span>Rifki Y.</span>
Rifki Y.

"It was so far the best payment option that enabled developer to ship product quick"

What do you like best?

In terms of integration, paddle has good in terms of documentation and structure. I believe this most of developers expect from a service. And it comes with the dashboard that I believe don't have any issue with UI/UX. It just, I was come across with this error page that still isn't showing a clear message (seems still a Laravel kind of default response 4XX/5XX).

What do you dislike?

Paddle doesn't seems have somewhat like a sandbox environment. Yes, there is a work around where we can have product with 0 price, but still using real CC to purchase. But, it wasn't really a blocker for us. Just nice to consider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are same like us that wanted to ship your product (for us is SaaS), we recommend Paddle as your partner. It helps a lot on the Payment Gateway side, less headache for you.

We are able to roll out the product fast. Accept payment from all around the world, without too much hustle, etc. Price localisation and language, this is save us from educate customer.

Paddle review by <span>Ben L.</span>
Ben L.

"Great service for indie software shops"

What do you like best?

Paddle is super fast to set up and after that very easy to use. They're happy to work with you and all around nice folks! We used them for several of our products and they were always quick to respond and helped us create a custom purchase flow with their SDK. Additionally, their out of the box experience is very user friendly and they're always looking to help you find new ways to sell your products. Features are added quite often and bugs are quashed quickly (the once revved their SDK just to fix a blocking bug for us).

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the dashboard interface left something to be desired. I'd like their metrics platform to be expanded even more, although what they have lets you customize your event tracking as needed which gets you most of the way there. Transferring users and admin rights around was more difficult than expected and didn't always work as expected, e.g. instead of being able to transfer ownership of a product, you had to give the person your admin credentials and then let them change things once they've logged in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate, Paddle is a great option if you're looking for an online store.

We were able to roll out a compelling in-app store using Paddle's SDK. In addition, their metrics helps us stay on top of user engagement. Our in-app experience was heavily customized and leveraged the API/SDK heavily. We planned to use more of their features, but on of our developers got pulled off the project so we didn't do wuite as much as we'd hoped.

Paddle review by <span>Marcus O.</span>
Marcus O.

"Paddle saves me days worth of work that I can spend on improving my apps instead"

What do you like best?

Creating a new product with Paddle's framework is easy. A brand new application can be integrated in less than a day, and Paddle provides the UI both in-app and for embedding on a product website. If you aren't happy with the UI, there's a lot of customization options as well.

What do you dislike?

Most of the things I've been missing has been added since I joined as a vendor, so I can't say that I have much to dislike. The only thing I'm missing right now is a proper way to set up test environments, where you can try out the full checkout experience with fake credit cards and such.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are one of the most friendly companies I've worked with, which alone makes it worth the money.

When I first started making Mac apps, I was only planning on having them on the Mac App Store since it would take too long to create my own platform for managing sales and licenses. But then Paddle contacted me and showed me their framework, which allowed me to create non-MAS versions quickly without having to worry about things like VAT or payment gateways. Today I use Paddle for all my Mac apps like Hypernap, and I'm planning on using their frameworks on the web in the near future as well.

Paddle review by <span>Brendan D.</span>
Brendan D.

"Paddle made it super easy to sell my Mac app direct to customers"

What do you like best?

Adding Paddle's framework and code to Tap Forms 5 for Mac took less than a day, so it was super simple to get going selling direct to my customers. They even have a website button that takes only a couple of lines of code to implement that gives customers choice in how they want to purchase. Other than that, the best thing about Paddle is their reliability, both in service and in their monthly payouts. I couldn't be happier with what Paddle has to offer. It even costs way less than selling elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I don't like about Paddle, so this is a tough question. I've seen the odd glitch in the Paddle Dashboard website where it shows the wrong icon on screen for my company and occasionally you see an error in the dashboard until you refresh the page. There was only one time in the past 2 years that the payout took longer than expected to arrive. But it was just that one time only.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to earn more from each sale, provide customers with a stellar in-app purchase experience, and/or provide a simple to use website checkout button, then Paddle is the place to go.

Aside from being able to earn more from each sale via Paddle, they also allow me to issue coupons and provide an upgrade discount for current Tap Forms customers that I'm not able to do selling on the App Store. This has been a huge benefit for my business. It just gives me one more way of providing great customer support.

Learn more about Paddle

Paddle Videos

Learning about Paddle?

* We monitor all Paddle reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.