Paintshop Pro

Faster, more flexible image-editing software, featuring new creative tools, more precise editing and easy quick fixes for your best photos and designs.

Work for Paintshop Pro?

Learning about Paintshop Pro?

Paintshop Pro Reviews

Showing 53 Paintshop Pro reviews
Paintshop Pro review by <span>T. D.</span>
T. D.

"Great Little Photo Editor"

What do you like best?

The best thing is the flexibility of use with a vast array of filters, easy gradient use, and color correction/adjustment options that are available. I also love the wide variety of file formats that one can save as and open and the fact that my files can be saved on the PC with PSP and then opened in Photoshop for extra tweaking and usage.

What do you dislike?

I have used PSP since version 5. As a freelance graphic designer, I loved the ease of use. With the last 3 upgrades, it's been a bit more challenging. I hate having to go through the manage tabs to get to my work space and the slow launch time of the software in general. I would also like to see the masking feature move a bit faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for beginners who don't have the money to commit to Adobe Photoshop or the Creative Cloud. There are a plethora of tutorials online and they are one of the best ways to learn.

I use it mostly to create free desktop wallpaper and pre-made book covers on my PC when I need specific filters that Photoshop and my Mac won't handle. The filters I can use here are the biggest draw and really help with the creative flow.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Paintshop Pro
Paintshop Pro review by <span>James J.</span>
James J.

"Great Overall"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and ease of use. Despite having a wide variety of features, the program is not overly complex like some other graphic editing programs. It's easy enough for a beginner to use and has most (if not all) of the features that an expert would want.

What do you dislike?

I've had some sporadic issues with images not displaying correctly while editing. This might be related to my specific computer build and how RAM and temporary files are allocated though. There have been a few times where it has crashed on me when I was doing something overly complex, but it does offer a feature that allows for recovery of recently editing files. I rarely have any issues with the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a bit different than using Adobe, but it has an easy learning curve. Way less expensive than competitor products.

I utilize Paintshop Pro for designing book covers, business cards, web graphics, and general image manipulation.

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

Paintshop Pro review by <span>Megan B.</span>
Megan B.

"Awesome and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I was able to pretty much teach myself everything there is to know about using the program in a short period of time. I've been using it for years now and though I have tried other programs, I always go back to this one.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup of arranging all the tools on the toolbar the way you like them is the only issue I have with it. You kind of get used to having certain tools in certain spots, so when you get a new computer, have to reinstall it and have to start over with it, it can be kind of annoying to get everything back to where you like it to be.

I use Paintshop Pro for the majority of the graphics on my website - the main website design, photographs of my products, etc. I edit literally everything with Paintshop Pro.

Paintshop Pro review by <span>Raven L.</span>
Raven L.

"A great competitor to others"

What do you like best?

I really liked the project templates on these, because sometimes it's so busy at work it's hard to commit the time to come up with my own template. Paint shop pro allows you to use pre-made templates that you can pay a little extra for, but save time with.

What do you dislike?

Their Camera Raw lab is very slow when making adjustments of the levels, hues, saturation etc. I find it lagging a lot when the picture is trying to reflect the changes - and then I keep over adjusting and under because it hasn't translated yet. Also when I upload a picture into this program it seems to change the colors a little depending on what format the file is.

As a team we have been able to use this program as an alternative to others, and it's definitely on my top list of computer editors. Has great variation of palletes, filters, templates and sticker like things to add on.

Paintshop Pro review by <span>IRENE H.</span>
IRENE H.

"great software."

What do you like best?

I will say that the simple aspect of using is the main thing that I like about him. As I progressed in my work, I can say that I passed the program. He has the tools to do many different things and it was very useful when I started. It is quite easy to learn and use for the basics. Excellent output options that allow users to have options on how to generate their designs from png to jpeg to gif and so on. I can insert fonts and edit them, as well as clip art to complement my design, another thing is that all the functions are in a suite, they are not separated in several applications. The support behind the software is amazing, if you have any questions, you can expect to be able to solve it with the help of support and the community.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit clumsy and some mistakes can occur, sometimes when saving documents it will not or will not close, so you must create a new project and copy everything you just did.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to learn on your own and for beginners for many creative projects.

It has allowed me to complete the work for print media, with high quality results.

Paintshop Pro review by <span>Jonathan C.</span>
Jonathan C.

"Great tool to learn how to edit your photos"

What do you like best?

The very smooth and customizable Interface allows you navigate throught the elements making easier to handled it than another softwares. You don`t have to deal with layers and gives you a good quality results. The last version that i used was the Paintshop Pro X6 that has a larger memory than past versions and is very usefull for when you work with more than one image at the same time.

What do you dislike?

It gives you a pretty decent work. But some functions are still under the quality of editors like Photoshop, that gives you a little more profesional work and allows you to be more precise in some specifics tasks. For example i rather prefer the Typography and the Work space that Photoshop has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you doesn`t have any notion about these photo editors softwares i recomends Paintshop Pro first, because in my opinion the options are easier to handled it than others softwares and gives you a faster learning curve.

Me personally had no idea to how edit images and i had a hard time finding someone that made it for me. So i did gave an oportunity to this software and the results go pretty well. Now i can edit images from projects for the university and i can make my own visuals on my music projects.

Learning about Paintshop Pro?

* We monitor all Paintshop Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.