PandaDoc

PandaDoc is an app that lets you build, track, and sign your docs all in one place. Automate your workflow, discover what sells with built-in analytics, and get legally binding signatures in minutes.
Learn more

Excellent proposal sending and tracking product

November 02, 2018

Jonathan P.

4.0
What do you like best?

- Content library lets you manage fields and media that you use frequently in proposals

- Templates let you easily streamline the proposal process

- Proposal analytics lets you see who's viewed your proposal

- Pandadoc supports e-signatures so you don't need to also send a DocuSign

- You can collect payments through your proposals using Stripe

What do you dislike?

- There's not a lot of design customization ability for the proposals

- Tables and pricing tables are difficult to customize and you cannot copy/paste these elements

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool for managing the beginning of your sales process if you send out a lot of proposals. If you don't need clients to pay through your proposals, perhaps another option will be more affordable.

PandaDoc helped us streamline our sales process, especially the initial steps of our process where we qualify prospects into opportunities.

With PandaDoc, we can send leads a proposal once we receive a sales call request. We're able to create streamlined proposals with pricing options depending on the goals and constraints of the client's budget during the sales call.

If prospects accept a proposal, they can also sign the document and pay through Stripe on the PandaDoc itself, allowing us to track the win and loss rate of the proposals we send out, and easily quantify how much money PandaDoc helps us make.

PandaDoc is great for customer experience

Allison S.

Myself Only

4.0
What do you like best?

I love that the proposal and contract can go together! The updates are so easy and the e-sign is also easy! My clients always mention how user friendly it is for them, which is super important to me! The customization is really important to me, as well.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that bothers me has been a few times when I wanted to save a proposal, but remove the client because they had decided to book someone else, and that's not an option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PandaDoc is really easy to use (SO easy) and it looks nice!! It is user friendly for both me as the business and for my clients.

I'm able to make fully custom proposals for my clients that are super easy to adjust! Also, the easy e-sign helps my clients book me a WHOLE lot faster than what I was doing before!!

It's a must-have tool for proposal management.

Tunç U.
Founding Partner, UBF - Unique Brand Factory

5.0
What do you like best?

One of the best features of Pandadoc is providing you to track documents with detailed analytics after sent.

You can track easily, who viewed the document, when, and how much time spent on which section of the document. The company keeps developing the software and adding new features continuously.

What do you dislike?

There is almost nothing to dislike. But it would have been better to be able to add some rich media content like slideshows or other kind of interactivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommended using Pandadoc for accurate and consistent proposal management.

With Pandadoc, we are preparing and sending proposals much faster and accurate than before. It also makes our clients' life easier for signing and sending back documents. Pandadoc is a must-have tool for the overall process of proposal management.

Love PandaDoc

February 13, 2018

Greg H.
Bolstering an #OwnershipCulture in Organizations. #KeynoteSpeaker Over 100 Recommendations from Audience & Clients below
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of designing our proposals. I mostly love that I can include videos inside the container of panda. Sets us apart and communicates the excellence we value.

I also appreciate the email tracking of who opens the document and when.

The mobile app is INCREDIBLE. As good if not better than the website. Works flawlessly.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, more than once, people have not gotten our pandadoc because their email filtered it as spam. :/ That's a real bummer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depends on what you need... for us, it is way better than attaching a PDF.

They give you a healthy review time. We used it with potential clients and got responses ABOUT the proposal... so that sold us.

We use it for our proposals, gathering information and contracts.

We benefit from having it all in one place.

Again we use it to send proposals, so it gives us a distinction right from the beginning.

Need help finding the right software?
Chat with a G2 Guide

Time saver. Helps close business!

January 23, 2018

John S.
Founder
Events Services, 1001-5000 employees

What do you like best?

Integration with Hubspot is a huge help -- I can literally send agreements and proposals from HubSpot with deep personalization tokens in a flash. The ability to have payment set up in the doc is also amazing. However, PandaDoc lets me know when my prospect opens the document, which allows me to call and close business. A serious sales tool with a big force multiplier effect for salespeople.

What do you dislike?

The only real issue I have is not being able to send e-sign proposals from my business email -- they are sent from a PandaDoc email address. I find that I typically have to email the prospect separately to look out for the PandaDoc so they know what they are looking for. Obviously you can also save to PDF and send a PDF, but then you don't have the e-sign efficiency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate how much time your company spends writing proposals and contracts. The setup can seem daunting, but it's actually quite easy. If you invest the time, it pays off in the first week of use.

Custom proposals a fraction of the time using templates. Activity tracking increases sales velocity because I can close faster. Quick way to create simple sell sheets. Saves time and increases sales.

Great for quickly creating repeating documents

January 11, 2018

Nick H.
Office Manager and Pre-Sales Consultant at Click2Scan Ltd

4.0
What do you like best?

We use PandaDoc for our pricing indication documents and statement of works. The best part is how the system can get a certified digital signature on our contracts without requiring the customer to print, scan and email them back to us.

The creation of your documents is easy and when you have settled on a template it is very quick to generate it again and again for your customers. It also links to our CRM system (Zoho CRM), which means that a "Send with PandaDoc" button appears within our leads and deals panel. When pressed, it will connect the created document to the contact and use some of the details from that contact within the contract using "Tokens". On average, we save approximately 20 minutes per document that we create using PandaDoc over using MS Word.

PandaDoc also notifies you if a customer Opens, Signs or questions a document via the email link that they are sent. This is very useful for knowing that you customer is actually progressing with the contract. You...

What do you dislike?

The main annoyance is when you are creating tables within your documents, and you press "Tab" to move to the next column. It doesn't move you there, but instead takes you to the next "User" input field which is completely not relevant when you are creating a new document.

The search functionality is a little bit limited if you are looking at the dashboard. You need to switch to the document or contact section to search for a particular user or document. Which is a bit of a pain if you have forgotten who/what you have sent to your clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a quick look to see if your CRM system integrates with PandaDoc, though you can use it in isolation, it is much better if its linked up.

PandaDoc simply reduces the time needed to generate documents for your clients. It means that we are able to take an enquiry, and in the same call generate and send a pricing indication document. Or after a demonstration, we are able to quickly create a contract for the work that they can review.

Easiest and faster way to send and track quotations

Nathalie N.
Artiste de cirque et co-fondatrice de Cirkazou
Entertainment

What do you like best?

The interface : it is easy to use, design friendly, the library and templates are amazing to save time. My collegues and I are use the same templates and library so we are sure we say the same thing to clients. The price tables are great with check box, our clients love them.

What do you dislike?

Some of my quotations arrive as a spam, so my futurs clients never receive them. There are bug with the typography (the size of the text change for no reason, the bold appears or disappear for no reason, etc).

The fact we can't add discounts (only one is permitted, I'd like to add a second discount category on my prices tables). Also some of my clients do not understand they can download or forward the document (it is not clear enough). It would be great if we can translate the buttons in french (some of our clients doesn't speak english).

Before it was harder and longer to send quotations. Now, we sell easily our products because we can insert easily pictures and videos which is very important for our business. It's also easier to work with collegues because they use the pre-made templates. So, to resume, we save time and close deals faster

Easy to use & Features you didn't know you needed

Candice A.

5.0
What do you like best?

Pandadoc is similar to some other electronic signature programs I've tried, but way easier to use. I love being able to create templates that are quick to edit and send on the go. And the chat function lets me communicate quickly with a client; directly on the document versus via email or phone. I feel like I have more flexibility and creative options with Pandadoc.

What do you dislike?

The only function that I have found not ready yet is being able to send a template link within an email and the template include the Upload function. We have marketing emails that we send and we have our contract in the email via the template embed link. Partners are not able to upload attachments using that template link. It's not a major hurdle though. They can fully upload anything I need if I send them the document directly in Pandadoc rather than a template in an email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product. It was easy to get started and very user friendly. The Pandadoc team is great about providing product knowledge and support, as well as taking feedback and any suggestions into account.

We hire independent sales agents around the country. Pandadoc has streamlined our recruiting process by allowing us to create a template of our agreement and easily edit and add notes when sending to prospective partners. Having a contract completed electronically is much more clean and legible than one filled out by hand. I can also track what documents were sent to partners and on what date by referencing their contact details within Pandadoc.

Cut time managing contracts in half

Christopher P.
CEO at Investable, Managing Partner at 10xVentures; Operations Professional, Startup Investor
Capital Markets, 11-50 employees

4.0
What do you like best?

I was able to cut my time managing contracts in half, and spend more time supporting client decision making and building relationships as a result! The consistency I was able to create not only the sales process and my team but for my fulfillment team was the most surprising part of using Pandadoc. Now our contracts with clients have become usable at each point in the client engagement and our team are more harmonized with what the client actually expects. This has driven overall profitability up for our firm but more importantly, our clients are happier and we are getting more and better referrals. Who knew a contracting platform could create that much value!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a more fluid team option. I was disappointed that I didn't get the final support I requested from sales/implementation. I use Hubspot Marketing, Sales, and CRM. This integration with Pandadoc is incredible. I rely on pulling in fields from Hubspot to create most of the agreements we author. I still haven't been able to pull in fields from the deal cards in Hubspot and feel like Pandadoc dropped the ball in supporting that complete integration. I'm still thrilled overall, but know this could have had more attention and support from the company to us as the customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work to get a committed implementation specialist. Parts of our platform still are unusable because they were not able to follow through on calls with me to solve a technical implementation challenge with my Hubspot account.

I used to spend 16-20 hours per month creating and redrafting contracts and agreements with clients and investors. Now with templates and the Hubspot integration, I spend less than 30 minutes a week creating better, more useable agreements. Totally streamlined my process and the receiving party's experience.

Transformative to our business. Dynamics integration good but could be better

Rhidian J.
BBC, The Consultation Institute, Wellchild, PEX Software

5.0
What do you like best?

We like the very good merge of data from dynamics, including the pricing table from our selected products. The drag and drop from the content library is brilliant and works very well. It also allows us to quickly create and send proposals from tablets as well as desktops. The chase function (send reminder) is excellent. Using templates and rapidly generating proposals is very effective. The support on the rare occasions when we have needed it has been rapid and useful.

What do you dislike?

The integration with dynamics is one way and uses an iframe. It cannot update the status of a deal to "Won" and we cannot reference the document status (draft, sent, viewed, completed etc.) within Dynamics for reporting. We can see it on the iframe but we would prefer it talk directly to the CRM. They sometimes roll out updates that change the way dashboards etc. work in quite dramatic fashion and this is confusing for some of our users. The document search function could be better too. Once a proposal has been created we cannot change the target person in Dynamics and refresh, we have to start again or make the change in Pandadoc and this is irritating. There is a lot of trial and error in checking how documents will "page-break" when printed. This requires downloading as PDF, testing the page breaks and trying again. Normally takes three attempts to get it right, we would like an easier way of doing it. The workflow for signatures (allowing forwarding and for another party to...

Recommendations to others considering the product

We did a lot of evaluation of different products and found that for our requirements - linking to Dynamics CRM, having e-signature and drag and drop content - Pandadoc was by far the best value solution for us.

We now do 90% of our deals through Pandadoc e-signatures, proposal generation is approx 4x faster than it was before and proposals are more consistent. The approval process lets us spot errors and fix them quickly. Our proposals are more professional than they have ever been.

PandaDoc's ease of use has greatly improved our proposal building process

May 16, 2017

Rachel M.
Administrative Receptionist
Oil & Energy

What do you like best?

I most like the drag and drop functionality. The ability to quickly look up items from my content library or catalog in order to add them to what I'm working on makes the process go so much faster. My proposals are extremely long winded so having commonly used item descriptions at the click of a mouse is extremely important. I normally start with a template then rework it into a tailored proposal using the blocks of content I have saved.

What do you dislike?

When downloading a proposal into PDF format there are times when entire blocks of content are missing. I'm not sure why this happens but it makes for a very frustrating problem when I'm dealing with customers who need a physical copy printed for them. We've also ended up with signed proposals that have only been glanced at. I don't think everyone reads what they're clicking on so they accidentally sign when they aren't supposed to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the trial so you can get to know the product. I was able to get an extension of the trial in order for my boss to see it in action and approve of purchasing a subscription.

The biggest issue with our proposals is time and word processing. In the past they have taken hours to put together but now, thanks to PandaDoc, can be practically thrown together with very little time or effort. I can construct a proposal that is visually appealing and easy to navigate in as little as 20 minutes. Our customers have responded very positively to PandaDoc.

Great for electronic signatures. Lacking visual customization options

December 06, 2017

Leah K.
Marketing Coordinator

3.5
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is for our clients to receive, review, and sign off on orders, contracts and more. It's also great the way you can save visuals and sections of documents into the content library for easy future use.

What do you dislike?

The layout & graphic options are extremely limited making it hard to align templates with brand guidelines. Even simple things like the inability to have side-by-side tables for comparison, or the inability to select colours by HEX or RGB - you're limited to a very restricted colour pallet. The template building tools are also somewhat difficult to use - they certainly aren't very intuitive. It feels like the UI was designed by a developer rather than a UI designer accustomed to thinking about user experience and flow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not have strict brand colours and other guidelines and need a solution for electronic signatures, proposals, quotes, contracts, etc. then go for it! However, if you are looking for a tool that you can customize and require brand adherence, make sure PandaDoc can accommodate what you need before purchasing, or consider other solutions.

Pandadoc has reduced the graphic design load on our marketing department. Now, designs can be done once as templates and elements in the content library, and our sales and executive teams are able to create their own proposals, quotes, presentations, and more without asking for graphics support the majority of the time. Pandadoc has also been amazing in increasing our ability to get contracts and quotes signed quickly via electronic signature. We're happy to be rid of paper contracts and complicated filing systems.

Easy way to send and receive docs!

October 23, 2017

Jen B.
Client Experience Manager at SurveyMe
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

What do you like best?

PandaDoc is super easy to use! It's a great tool to use to create service agreements, invoices, and other important documents. There is an additional page that shows who signed for the e-signature which is very helpful for our records and due diligence. Our company also uses HubSpot, so PandaDoc is an easy integration into the deals we've already created in our CRM. When using PandaDoc, I found it very easy to make templates using tokens and fields without having to search for the answers - nice user interface.

What do you dislike?

When we send out invoices, there is no overall report for taxes of invoices paid. That is my one major complaint with PandaDoc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PandaDoc had a recent dashboard update, making it even easier to use. It's helpful when creating templates and keeping track of what was sent, viewed, received, and paid all at the click of a button.

We were looking for an easy-to-use resource to send and receive invoices and service agreements with an e-signature feature. With easy integration into a system we were already using, we found PandaDoc to be the perfect solution.

PandaDoc Has Stopped My From Going Grey

October 19, 2017

Max J. J.
Inbound Marketing Specialist
Internet, 2-10 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

PandaDoc is one of the best products that a salesperson can have. The quality of the features it offers in combination with the reasonable price point makes it a no-brainer for startups and small businesses. The value of the signature flow is almost immeasurable. One of the most significant issues that I had was my salespeople sending out proposals without my authorization. Now with the signing order, all proposals have to go to may and be signed before they can go out to the customer. Another great feature is the ability to know when somebody has received the document and viewed it. This has been especially helpful in the case of trying to collect payment by way of authorization form. In the past, we had no way to know if the client was receiving their authorization form and now we do.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I would like to see added on all of the service plans is a customized URL so that my clients don't see the PandaDoc URL when signing contracts. Otherwise, I rate this product a 9.9 out 10

Recommendations to others considering the product

At the very least give it a shot. PandaDoc offers a variety of templates for you to choose from. This is especially helpful if you are a new business and have not had any contracts or proposals developed.

When we first started the company we were doing our proposals via PDF, InDesign, and even more documents. We found panda dock uploaded PDF templates of our existing proposals to their system and were able to customize them. This way we could retain the branding that we had already created while taking part in the ease and flexibility of PandaDoc.

Brilliant product to use for a new business.

4.0
What do you like best?

The functionality of the system and the ability to track our customer interaction is excellent. The standard templates have saved us a lot of time along with the library of items that we uploaded.

We have been able to upload multiple documents and the added features they bring out only enhance the experience of using PandaDoc.

What do you dislike?

The main one is that when we win an order we want to be able to export the cost tables and then use this as part of contract management report, this function is not available yet.This is not an estimating system, please don't think it is, you will still need to provide excel sheets etc.

There has been a couple of issues with images going missing from the library.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider what you want the system to do, estimate, design, track etc.

The main aspect is speed, we have been able to service more customers with accurate proposals.

PandaDoc has a great product and great customer service.

Cullen C.
Owner at Carter Construction Services, LLC
Construction, Myself Only

5.0
What do you like best?

The ease of using PandaDoc's service is perhaps the most important. People are looking for simplicity and convenience and I have found this service to meet both of those needs for both myself and my customers.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a few more of the add-ons become available for the entry level price range. I have a one man business and I do not need a lot of the add-ons that come with the two higher tier subscriptions but I would be interested in using some of the apps that are not available to me currently. But they are not worth the extra cost to upgrade my subscription.

Getting contracts and quotes signed quickly and easily. I have saved a lot of time and money by being able to send quotes and contracts to customers and most importantly, being able to get legal e-signatures, without having to go back out to my customer's location personally.

Great way to send proposals

January 04, 2018

Dean D.

4.0
What do you like best?

The catalogue and inventory are great. When set up properly can save a lot of time

What do you dislike?

The title page and its limitations regarding design

Downloading to PDF really messes up the document layout. Even with page breaks its really time to consume to get it right. Maybe an indication of the A4 page whilst in the document would be handy.

If a customer accepts the proposal but not through panadadoc, there is no way to change the doc to accept, it just stays there. Same goes if the payment doesn't match up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have time to set up your pricing etc. It works really well but only if you put the time in in the first place.

saving time sending quotes

saving a lot of time by setting up the catalog and pricing tables

Easy to use - way better than DocuSign

January 08, 2018

Marcus B.
Inside Sales @ Falcon.io, Americas
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

I think PandaDoc is an amazing platform for any team size. It allows you to save templates that can be edited on the fly - you can add in or take out portions of a contract that don't pertain to a deal. Unlike DocuSign, it's not a preloaded template - you can actually edit internally.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike about PandaDoc other than I really wish they would add more math abilities in every row you create. Would love open formatting where you can set up formulas (i.e. when you change the quantity, it auto changes the cost).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it - leave DocuSign alone. This is the much better route for your team.

We are sending all of our pricing proposals through PandaDoc. It provides clarity on our product, and services.

Great for contracts, not terrible for proposals

November 27, 2018

Nate P.

4.0
What do you like best?

The content library is really helpful and fairly easy to create new elements for, tagging system is useful for finding work across clients

What do you dislike?

Ability to do nice layouts and designs is pretty limited. It can be a little clunky to harvest and update proposal components in the content library.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for creating and sending contracts. Little bit of a learning curve to get the content library and product library setup, then it is pretty fast.

SOWs for 1099/contractors, sows for clients, some proposals for clients, employment agreements for new hires. We have explored doing MSA's with the tool, and those are so/so.

Contracts closed in seconds!

Spencer W.

51-200 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

PandaDoc allows me to send contracts to clients one time! Because I get to dictate where all the initials, signatures etc ago, they never miss a spot and I never have to resend and ask for things to be completed.

What do you dislike?

The app is a little funky on Apple and I can't upload via the App. No pre set message option, I work in sales, and often time use a standard script.

Recommendations to others considering the product

uploading via the app

Getting signed proposal back in a timely manner. Getting change orders signed and processed has become so much less of a hassle!

Easy to use and ensures brand standards are met with consistency across the sales team.

March 05, 2018

Internet, 51-200 employees

What do you like best?

The interface is the best part of the tool. It's easy to use and looks great. The templates are a huge time saver and it's simple to customize each agreement while maintaining brand standards. I also really liked the internal approval process. It was reassuring knowing that all proposals and agreements sent out would first go to my manager.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that emails come from a panda doc email address and not my work email. I have found that sometimes the emails get lost in spam OR just lost in their inbox because they don't know it's coming from me. I've had to follow up with quite a few prospects to make sure they received it and to help them find it in their inbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does take some initial time to setup. The most time consuming part is creating templates, but once they are done it is so easy to create proposals and agreements (basically dragging and dropping)

It's helped reduce the time spent on proposals, while ensuring brand standards are met and consistence across the sales team.

Strong tool for document creation

July 06, 2018

Christian K.
Director of Customer Success at Game Plan
Computer Software, 11-50 employees

4.0
What do you like best?

Templates, Hubspot integration, ability to quickly customize documents, payment feature, signature feature

What do you dislike?

There are not as many styles and fonts available as there would be in a word document so if you want your docs to look exactly like them, Panda Doc cannot always provide that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up your templates with tokens or use the integrations they have. Do not copy and paste your old document in and expect it to look exactly the same in Panda Doc, rather take time to build your own document templates that look the way you would want them to.

Document creation and signatures

Creating new customer Agreements

Great for contract and document management

January 10, 2018

David C.
Director of Sales at Virtuous
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

4.0
What do you like best?

Easy and low-cost for e-signature of contracts for our team. It is fairly easy for our customers to manage and sign, I've never had any questions regarding the e-sig process which means its working great!

What do you dislike?

Wish it had more robust proposal management and ways to self-guide prospects through a process. So it will step them through a proposal, enter credit card, sign, etc. Also, the Hubspot integration went away

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definetly consider it for easy to use e-signature

This stores and houses all our customer SaaS contracts. This is how we ensure we are within contract obligations when it comes time to service and support. The entire company has access and can easily search and find customer contracts.

Great Product - Some Key Features Still Missing

March 01, 2017

Nicolas C.
Director Customer Ops & Account Management at Koombea
Internet, 51-200 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

What I like best is the document builder features. The structure they gave to the product with the Templates and the content library I think is very useful because it lets you slightly change each document on specific sections which is something that happens a lot. I mean, templates work as a baseline document and then you can have multiple content library items that you pull in when needed.

What do you dislike?

There are key features that I feel are missing. Nonetheless I have spoken to them several times and they've said to me that all of the features I mentioned are already on the roadmap of the product, in fact they delivered one of those in the last update. Things like document signature deadline, live collaborative document editing, task/comment assignment to other team members when building a document. Those three are the key missing features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most important part of the process is to create the content library and the templates before sending the sales reps into it. Otherwise they'll sing in and won't know what to do. That was important for me during the on-boarding. Additionally don't forget to integrate it to other tools like your CRM.

The one thing we are solving is the way we are building and sending out comercial proposals. With Pandadoc we have everything organized and all the documents in the proper folders, so you can go back to them easily and see what's happing with the document. Also all the different templates already built in makes it very easy for the sales reps to build proposals in no-time.

Additionally the Human Resources Department is using Pandadoc for employee documentation. We've been using it as the formal company's employee documentation platform and it's been great.

Best proposal tool for digital marketing agencies.

February 24, 2017

Dennis V.
Tech Guy | Real Estate Investor

5.0
What do you like best?

1. Pricing Catalog: Easily create multiple levels of pricing in order to deliver consistent pricing of your services to all your prospects and customers.

2. Content Library: Simplify managing reusable content for marketing and statement of work sections within your proposal.

3. Payment integration: Collect initial deposit payments and credit card information securely with their Stripe integration.

4. Proposal Templates: Sales reps can save a tone of time by creating and using proposal templates.

5. CRM integration: Auto-populates customer information from contact, account, lead and opportunity records from your CRM system.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little pricey for small digital marketing agencies but you can definitely get an ROI based on the time saved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best solution for digital marketing agencies.

This is by far the best proposal solution for digital marketing agencies.

It helps us speed up the proposal, statement of work creation, agreement authorization and payment process by 4x.

Panda Doc - document management and e-signatures at its finest

Mariano D.
CEO, Avelient, Inc.

5.0
What do you like best?

I like several of the features this product offers:

* The e-signature implementation is easy and clear both for us and for customers.

* Very happy with the security and organization of the product

* The editor is great - SO many online document editors really leave a lot to be desired - PandaDocs created an editor that is clean and easy to use

* Their support is fantastic

* I love the ever evolving feature set and the continued set of new features that are offered.

What do you dislike?

A couple of things that are areas for improvement:

* I think I'd like the ability to collaborate on documents better - especially in real time, as you would for Google Docs. I know this is a tall order, and it doesn't detract from how I feel about he solution.

* The ability to rename documents after they've been signed. This is not so much a problem for documents that are being created and then sent to a customer for signature, but if a document is created automatically (because it is integrated directly in a website and requires only a link for a customer to sign), there is no way to rename those documents once they've been signed.

* The ability to embed documents is limited to uploaded PDFs - you can't embed a document you created in Pandadocs. Again, not something that's big enough to detract from my recommendation, but worth mentioning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have ANY document management needs that require eSignatures, Panda Doc is the way to go. They have an EXCELLENT support team that will help you with any of your needs, and you'll find new and different ways to use their software to engage you customers and anyone else that needs to sign documentation for you.

For a long time, having our customers sign sales contracts was a real pain and required that we have customers sign, print, and scan or fax back documents for our records. They would then have to be countersigned by us, re-scanned, and re-sent. Managing the paper trail was a nightmare and time-consuiming.

I had looked for a long time for an e-sign solution that would allow me to create dynamic sales documents on demand, and I explored MANY options for multiple years, but I was never satisfied with the solution. The available options were either inelegant, inflexible, or just didn't have the features I needed in order to make our process as effective as it could be.

Enter PandaDocs. I knew almost immediately that this solution would address my most pressing need (sales document e signatures and management), but it would make us more efficient as an organization. We are now able to close at a rate 50-75% faster than we were previously, and we now have analytics and other data...

Simple and easy to use with almost all of the tools we need

4.0
What do you like best?

It's very easy to create professional-looking proposals with just a few clicks. Also love the content library (which allows us to easily customize contracts with specific clauses that are used over and over. The approval workflow for contracts and proposals is also nice – other people on my team can create the documents, but I have the chance to approve or reject them (along with comments) before they're sent off.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a bit more flexibility with the design. We used to use Proposify, and while there were some annoying quirks, there was much more flexibility with how you could arrange elements on a page. I also wish you could upload your own documents (e.g. signed contracts outside of PandaDoc) into the app to make it more of a storage tool as well.

We were looking for a tool that allowed us to generate and execute agreements on line with some various levels of user workflows and permissions. PandaDoc has definitely delivered on that front.

PandaDoc has made sending contracts a breeze for our growing agency

5.0
What do you like best?

I love the ability to create and save modules for multiple types of contracts. PandaDoc made templatizing our contract process significantly easier.

What do you dislike?

I wish that PandaDoc formatting was a little easier. Sometimes bullet points don't go away, or a font doesn't change. I also wish there was a spell check feature built into the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone dedicated to setting up this software who can then train your team. It was easier then having everyone contribute.

It would also be beneficial to review and templatize all contract language prior to setting up the system. We did this by templatizing as we went which required edits to templates that were already set up.

With a growing business, building contracts now is a process that multiple people do in our organization. Being able to save templates and modules has increased efficiencies and made us more consistent with our contract language.

Excellent platform for handling documents

Jessica D.
Self Employed at Self-Employed
Computer Software, 2-10 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

Ease of use - I've dealt with several other document management and signature platforms and Pandadoc is by far the easiest to use. The price is also better than many of them, with more features offered than most.

What do you dislike?

Inability to change the design very easily. For example, you can't choose custom colors in your document once a main color scheme has been chosen. This is annoying if you are trying to match your business colors.

The need to easily create and send proposals, invoices, estimates, and more. It has created a streamlined way for us to manage documents, and ensures that we all adhere to a cohesive design and layout.

Great tool to send and track proposals

November 10, 2017

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees

4.0
What do you like best?

Sample Templates and workflow, easy to use. Integration with Salesforce CRM. Email notification when the receiver opens the document or complete the document.

Almost all templates are updated with proper legal language. Complete transparency in proposals or agreement and almost all points covered.

Electronic Sign, E sign certificate, Document auto-expiration, Customizable pricing table, You can create unlimited templates and products catalogs. The right tool for the small and mid-size companies, it definitely saves the time of Salespeople and management team.

What do you dislike?

Only one thing - The custom CSS, It's little hard for the people who don't have experience or knowledge regarding HTML coding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, worth spending for this technology.

Complete Proposal/Agreement Management Solution, even if you want to share the presentation and company marketing material you can upload the PDF and share with prospect and customers. You will have complete insight which page they are visiting for how much time?

This feature will give an idea what changes are required in the document or marketing material.

Impressive Interactive/Trackable Proposal, Contract, Marketing and Product Intro Document Creator

December 08, 2016

Chuck R.
Experienced Small Business Building Entrepreneur | Lead Generation Success Tools | Application Integrator | Social CRM

5.0
What do you like best?

There are two things I like best about PandaDoc. First, the great support and training teams within the PandaDoc company family. They teach through live webinars using well prepared trainers. Second, I appreciate the well thought out ability to integrate with various applications - which in my case is Nimble Social CRM - by creating tokens (data field live links) to embed in the documents anywhere it adds personalization and integrity to data sharing.

What do you dislike?

At this time of writing my review I have not experienced anything to report. My real dislike is not the product but my ability to maximize the various tools that keep being added to PandaDoc fast enough to fully enjoy what the development team keeps bringing into use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to take time to watch the many videos available to learn about and be introduced to PandaDoc. Then sign-up for the many webinars that are given to show the many parts of PandaDoc. Then sign-up for a trial of the application and play with it to begin to see the potential for their own uses.

The ability to reduce the time it takes to adjust Word documents for each and every proposal, contract, agreement and marketing material in a digital delivery form by reusing blocks of data, images, videos, content and to track the delivery and exposure to all or parts of the document is a tremendous problem solver. Time savings is one of the benefits immediately experienced. Another benefit is the ability to present a wonderful designed interactive documents and presentations that incorporates all the best in progressive and integrative tool with so many other programs.

Quick and simple yet proffesional

July 13, 2018

4.0
What do you like best?

I like that you can add content to a library and templates that you can utilize so you don't have to build a proposal from scratch everytime. I also like the analytics so you can see who viewed what pages and how long they spent viewing each page to gauge importance and what's working/appealing to your prospects.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the formatting is a little off and you have to open the doc or test print as what your viewing isn't a good representation of what the final format looks like. Also, the formatting for text (double spacing) doesn't seem to work properly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a trial if you can first to see if you like it and if it meets your needs

Streamlining proposals and keeping consistent information to prospects.

Makes our quoting process so simple!

March 09, 2018

Corrie L.

5.0
What do you like best?

All our products are imported with images and prices which make the quote look great and also the email from pandadoc when your prospect opens the quotation

What do you dislike?

if you could set an email sig in the panda doc messinging box when sending an email it would save a lot of time typing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

for anyone producing quotes with often need a lot of manual editing then this is definitely an option for you. Also when using agreement that need e signing it makes this so simple

Proposals/Quotes. we have more than halved the time we spend on producing quotes.

Our eSig Solution Since Day 1

Scott S.
CEO, Entrepreneur and Board Member
Internet, 11-50 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

Simple and intuitive interface makes the product easy to setup and easy to use. Helped us setup a comprehensive and professional closing process - from proposal to order form to payment collection - in minutes.

What do you dislike?

Very little - the product and customer success teams have been great and are super responsive. The PD team have made some great advancements to the product over the past 12 months, including additional updates to the UX and administration capabilities.

PandaDoc has helped us streamline, automate and create standards around our entire contract management and e-signature process, from proposal and order form creation through signature and payment collection.

Has helped our agency scale our proposals & close more deals

☕️ Darren D.
Digital Marketing & PPC Expert // Founder at AdCaffeine

5.0
What do you like best?

Really nice looking templates – cuts down on time.

The proposal tracking is very helpful...no more wondering if someone opened the proposal.

What do you dislike?

The hard set columns and margins in the templates are just a little limiting. Sometimes I have wanted images to bleed off the edge of a proposal but couldn't do that. Still looked good tho and was not a problem. That's about it.

That's what makes it a 9.5 out of 10 for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! I think you'll love it. Doesn't take a lot of time to get going.

I was always creating proposals with Mac Pages so I could design them exactly how I wanted them. While these visually looked beautiful, they were so highly customized that the took hours to create a custom proposal. Also, it was tough to remember all the areas to update a client name, address, industry, etc.

PD made their templates beautiful.

It's like a web page and I can customize it once and things are set. Our clients really like them a lot too and we have received high praise on our proposals as well as a high close rate.

Updating proposals to the client's needs was a huge hassle.

They would write an email back detailing changes or updates. With PD all of that is integrated and super easy to keep track of & implement. It's next-level proposal stuff.

We actually integrated the proposal with the contract. These used to be 2 separate processes.

Basically, we just have clients sign-off on everything in one place. Saved a ton of time with this.

Overall, we've...

Pandadoc Reveiw

November 28, 2018

Kurt G.
Business Advisor - Helping Entrepreneurs To Start-up & Grow Their Business
Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

4.0
What do you like best?

I like the analytics functionality. I can see which areas of my proposal prospects read the most. It allows me to improve them. I also know what they are most interested in followup meetings.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact I cannot synchronise my contacts with Pandadoc. This means I have to create a new contact every time.

I use it for consulting proposals, it saves me lots of time as I can use templates and copy previous successful proposals.

Great idea, needs some work

Marco P.
Business Development Manager at Essent Corporation

3.0
What do you like best?

I like that it is cloud based and has some great features

What do you dislike?

It has a lot of work to do for it to replace some solutions out there. I think that the document design tools are good but there is not a flexibility to design the document the way you want. This too often forces you to have too many pages due to bad spacing. Some of the features are lacking more comprehensive options such as tax and there is almost no quality reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need better reporting. We use this is as a sales tool and would like to have more functionality to manage sales per rep, per product, etc.

Inisghtly

PandaDoc has been a game changer for our client agreements!

5.0
What do you like best?

It's truly hard to limit to one -- I think my top three are: the ability to keep track of everything in one place rather than sorting through emails, the digital platform that saves me endless hours of scanning, saving, and emailing, and the option to set reminders so that followups are automatic, again saving me SO much time!

What do you dislike?

It's possible that this is user error, but I'd love to have a better filing system...

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for agreement and contract management. We've gotten loads of great feedback from our clients -- total game-changer and time-saver!

Saving time and streamlining the transfer of business documents -- we use it for designer agreements, royalty statement notices + invoicing, collection completeion notficiations... PandaDoc allows us to keep everything in one place and keep our partners accountable as well.

Cool little document tool

October 31, 2016

Cameron A.
Creative. Professional.

5.0
What do you like best?

PandaDoc is a flexible document creation, sharing, and TRACKING tool that makes it easy to draft proposals and send invoices and even lets customers pay through their Stripe gateway. It's an all-in-one system and a big time saver in terms of administration.

What do you dislike?

I had trouble with keeping the formatting (custom design) in my documents at one point whenever a customer were to download as PDF - as they sometimes do - rather than just looking at it on the screen. I also find that sometimes the user interface of the web application itself has some strange conventions (eg. options in strange places, inability to drag and drop between folders)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn to use the template library functions early on to avoid duplicating efforts

The main business problem being solved is proposal and invoice writing in a consistent and attractive way. PandaDoc made it easy to standardize the look and function of certain documents so that it wasn't always a huge time commitment each and every time

PandaDoc made our documents 10x better and 10x easier

October 19, 2017

Consumer Electronics, 2-10 employees

4.0
What do you like best?

It's dead simple to create very good looking and effective documents, but you also have a lot of control if you choose to use CSS. The tracking tools are very helpful as well. The best part is the templating system which allows you to quickly and easily create new documents from templates and have them ready to go in no time.

What do you dislike?

It's a little pricey and they restrict API access to the most expensive tiers which is too bad. I wish it was based off usage because small companies have to pay the same price as medium and large ones just for API access, but per user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to create beautiful documents in an easy drag and drop format that will be quick to make in the future, use PandaDoc.

It makes our documents faster to make and more effective (contracts, etc).

PandaDoc Rocks!

Michael S. L.
Owner of Bean Counter 4 Hire
Accounting, 2-10 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

I love the ability to send clients clean and beautiful service agreements that they can e-sign. The product works well and clients are able to use it easily.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that the product didn't connect with my accounting software, Xero, but that's no longer the case as they completed the integration and it works great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product for sales and service. I use this product to have new clients sign a service agreement. I also use this product to create resource guides to my clients, present reports to my clients and so much more. I currently have a client that uses PandaDoc to make invoices to customers and the information get's pushed over to Xero. We love this product.

Onboarding clients has never been easier. Getting service agreements signed quickly has never been easier. This product saves me time and money as well as presents my firm in a professional manner.

Early adopter who has seen PD grow

David L.

3.5
What do you like best?

Slick-looking. Creates marginal improvement to our workflow.

What do you dislike?

Tons of problems with clients not being able to sign due to browser issues. We've had to create our own resource that tells people how to clear their caches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you completely understand the workflows and technical issues. Not for very unsophisticated end customers/users. That said, PD is moving in the right direction and is making more features available to lower plans.

Document building, document editing, e-signature

More efficient, and makes you money.

September 15, 2016

Warwick H.
Principal/Owner, Studio H Landscape Architecture
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

Easy to use platform which significantly reduces the time it takes our firm to create new proposals. It becomes as easy as tabbing through "tokens" or data entries and entering the required information. We can see when it has been reviewed, answer questions from the client, and get things closed quicker. We close a higher percentage of jobs as singing becomes as easy as a click whereas in the past clients would have to print, scan, email, or snail mail. All of the latter options gave the potential clients time to change their mind.

Additional, our fees are higher as we have added simple check boxes to add options and when options are as easy as clicking a box it seems more and more people add options than before Pandadoc.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes our clients say they didn't receive the email to view the document. We ask them to check their spam folder but they say it isn't in there either. We resend and they usually find it. I'm not sure if this is a Pandadoc issue or not. Also, the UI is fine, but could be cleaner and more modern. There could be more options for customizing the forms to give a more unique and high-end look.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better UI, more customizable options. Generally, clean it up and make it more modern. Make the mobile app better by adding ability to edit docs, rather than having to only do this in a browser.

Eliminates the errors we were getting with manually entering data. Increases our close rate and our fees by adding options.

Time Saver and Small Business Life Saver

September 14, 2016

Elena E.
Sit Means Sit St Petersburg Franchise Owner at Sit Means Sit Dog Training
Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

That I can upload current documents and create a standard template to use each time a client signs up. I also love that I can add on pages so when a client signs up to send their dog here they can also fill out the form for all the feeding and emergency contact info. No need to send a separate document anymore.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't put the box where you want it always places it high on the page and you have to drag each box to the location you want it placed. Time consuming in the beginning but ultimately worth the time it saves with the client and the ability to sign people up faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once everything is set up it helps to save a lot of time and money using this service. I have been able to open a second location because of the additional clients I have been able to keep because of the ease of signing our customer agreement thus being able to take their payment.

A lot of my customers do not sign up at the consultation. They talk it over with their significant other and then call back. If someone didn't have a printer or scanner I would have to drop off or mail the customer agreement and then customers would second guess their decision and I would lose them. Now it is fast to send them the customer agreement and am not losing customers but am gaining customers because I can accommodate them and make things super easy. My office staff is also saving time and thus bringing more money in without spending a ton of money on staff hrs to do so.

Very Time-Saving

September 13, 2016

Jeff R.
Business Development at SEI Professional Services
Civil Engineering, 2-10 employees

What do you like best?

The interface is great. There are a couple very small quirks, but overall it is fast and easy to use and set up. We integrate it with Pipedrive to make data entry happen only once.

What do you dislike?

It is not a true word processor. It's not like I need a fully-functional word processor, but there are some minor things that are lacking, such as using the tab key for indenting.

Also, not being able to have outside people review your documents is a hassle. There is no way to have a non-user review a document before it is sent They must be paying users like you. It would be nice to even have a cheap review user-level account.

We use Panadoc for writing proposals and agreements with our vendors and clients. We have received alot of positive feedback and it saves us alot of time. No more emailing pdf's back and forth and wondering where they are saved. I like keeping all of this out of my inbox.

Excellent for proposals and contracts, less useful for collaborative documents

September 13, 2016

Deb C.
CEO of Polished Geek: B2B Ecommerce web development, marketing automation & digital marketing consultant
Internet, 2-10 employees

What do you like best?

We love the template functionality. Once I have a contract template set up, it's very easy to generate a new contract for a client based on that template. It's also easy to modify and update. Clients also seem to like the electronic signature functionality and I trust it more than other e-sig contract systems.

What do you dislike?

We can't use this product to 100% of it's potential because you can't add text area fields for clients to fill in, just small text field blocks. That means if I want to use PandaDoc to gather documentation and questionnaires from my clients, it doesn't work well.

We also don't like the attachments functionality, but seldom use it so it's not a big deal for our company.

Lastly, it's also quirky when adding images in your text. but we work around it ok.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you want to use it for contracts and proposals, and don't want to do too much fancy "designing" of how your contracts look, PandaDoc is great.

We use this for all customer and employee/contractor contracts. It saves tons of time and also reflects well on our company compared to other small businesses of our size that use Word docs for their contracts. Looks more professional.

Great for digital docs and signatures

Scott F.
VP Customer Success & Services
Computer Software, 11-50 employees

What do you like best?

The look and feel of docs coming from Pandadocs is very nice and the reviewer/signer experience is professional and easy. I have set up a number of templates for both sales and service. Once templates have been created, sales (or whoever) can create specific documents for review and signature. The Salesforce merge is also nice for pre-populating fields. The tracking is also a great indicator of when docs are viewed and signed.

What do you dislike?

There were some editing challenges early on where fonts wouldn't seem to format correctly in certain text sections but I think some of those have been fixed? Also, when importing word docs to be used as templates, there are also formatting challenges.

We send contracts and proposals to prospective customers, renewal agreements to existing customers and partnership contracts for business development/partner companies. We are able to produce very professional looking contracts without a ton of work. Tracking signatures and views keeps us informed as to when we need to follow up.

PandaDoc is way better than the rest

Stephen L.
BPO Facilitator at Optimize Your Business, Inc.

5.0
What do you like best?

The analytics are incredible. I can see exactly when someone views a doc as I get notification when they view it and when they sign it. I can also view how long they look at a certain page of a document. I use Zoho CRM and it integrates with my database so less typing of a client's name and email in order to send a doc. And what's somewhat surprising is that with all of the features that are offered it's extremely affordable. My company is small so not having to go with a large minimum number of users was very appealing unlike those other doc signing services. Live support is pretty prompt.

What do you dislike?

Sending a reminder to a client to view or sign a doc isn't the most intuitive. It took me a while and some live support in order to figure it out. The integration with Zoho CRM allows me to pull data from my CRM directly into a quote so I don't have to save out a pdf in my CRM and then upload. Unfortunately, I've not been able to figure out how to do that yet so it's a little frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and see how it works for you. Every contract I send out is custom so I don't use the template options very often. The only template I have is for sending some Federal Forms that some vendors or clients may request but once I set them up, it's saved me a whole lot of time. So, try it as I've been using online document signing services for over 6 years now and can't ever imagine doing it any other way.

Want to have clients be able to view and sign docs on the go. It's great when they are at the office behind a desktop or laptop but I have clients who travel so the option for them to sign on their smartphone or tablet is great. And while I'm on the go, I get notification of when a doc is signed which prompts my "happy dance."

Good product that saves time when creating proposals

4.0
What do you like best?

The library content is the best and makes it quick and easy to build a proposal.

What do you dislike?

Remove the big black bar if an item/document needs to be signed. The bar is so large it takes up 25% of the viewport on a laptop. This is very distracting tot he viewer. This should at least be optional (turn on/off) this feature.

I love the library but the biggest issue is when you update a library item it doesn't update automatically in current drafts. It would be great the library items were "linked" to existing content in your document. You could have the option to "unlink" the library item so you can edit it in a specific proposal. All linked library content would update automatically. Any Library content would automatically be unlinked once it was sent to a client.

Creating proposal - saves time

Pandadoc Increased our Closing 200%

July 23, 2015

Joshua C.
CEO at Flight Media - Now Hiring!

5.0
What do you like best?

With incredible templates and integration with Hubspot, Pandadoc has allowed us to decrease the amount of time spent on proposals to about 20 minutes and cut the amount of time to receive a signature IN HALF. The tracking feature also helps us know when prospects open proposals and allows our salespeople to reach out to close the deal when it's relevant.

What do you dislike?

You can't mark proposals as "LOST" and the signature boxes have to be dragged to exactly the right size to be equivalent. (i.e. It's very difficult to make the token fields the same size...)

I also wish you could force a client to handsign their document, rather than using the 'type signature' tool....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop looking elsewhere. Pandadoc is the best proposal writing software out there. I've used Docusign. I've used Bidsketch. And many more. Unfortunately, none of them can compete with the flexibility Pandadoc has.

Pandadoc is allowing us to close more work, faster than we ever have. With an average turnaround time of about 20 minutes and an average contract sign time of 3 days, it beats the one hour turnaround and 7 day signature process we used to have!

It also integrates very seamlessly with our marketing software & CRM, Hubspot -- allowing us to track deals and progress throughout the prospects lifecycle.

All of that combined has attributed to our business, Flight Media, closing 200% more business than we previously did, using old, outdated proposals that took FOREVER to create and FOREVER to get signed.

Thank you, Pandadoc. You've made our lives much easier. (And wealthier)

Learning about PandaDoc?