Panoply

Panoply delivers the world’s only unified, ETL-less Smart Data Warehouse, expediting the journey of migrating raw data to analytics using machine learning and natural language processing.

Work for Panoply?

Learning about Panoply?

Compare Panoply to Similar Solutions

Panoply Reviews

Ask Panoply a Question
Showing 13 Panoply reviews
Panoply review by <span>Justin M.</span>
Justin M.

Data engineering without hiring an engineer!

What do you like best?

As the lead analyst on a small startup team where data is imperative to our success, Panoply has been incredible. The market for data engineers is competitive and expensive, and Panoply has enabled us to get the data from our smorgasbord of tools into one redshift warehouse without needing to go through the expensive process of hiring an in-house engineer.

What do you dislike?

Troubleshooting issues with a data pipeline can be challenging. It's rare that I've noticed an issue with the pipeline, but the difference between working with an in-house engineer on troubleshooting (where you can sit next to them and co-diagnose) vs. an external agency is huge. Their support is usually responsive, but the turn around time is longer exclusively because the engineer doesn't sit in house.

We use Panoply as our in house data engineer. It's been huge for allowing us to be data-driven in the way that we need without spending loads of time and money looking for our own engineer.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Panoply
Panoply review by <span>Natasha S.</span>
Natasha S.

A great way to manage your data

What do you like best?

There are several connectors that make it easy to extract data from API sources that my BI tool does not natively connect to. If they don't have the connector I'm looking for they are willing to work with me to build that connector and get me set up. The connectors are easy to set up and I quickly have the data I need.

What do you dislike?

The Panoply interface needs some work (though they are constantly improving it), so looking through the data output can be slow and confusing. I'm not always satisfied with the data output, I would like more options for transformations in the interface.

Panoply allows my small team to utilize the benefits of a data warehouse without having a data team. It has saved me so much set up and maintenance time, and I am able to get all my data needs met quickly and easily.

What Data Warehouse solution do you use?

Panoply review by <span>Jonathan D.</span>
Jonathan D.

Turnkey Redshift Warehouse for the Technical & non-Technical G2Crowd!

What do you like best?

As a consultant with limited techical skills (i.e. some SQL) but good understanding of the questions I'm hoping to answer about Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and/or Product in my customers' businesses, Panoply just makes it so easy to add new data sources to your warehouse, create/organize SQL queries, and connect to Business Intelligence for visualizations in no time. Also, I've never had a customer experience in the B2B world that is this awesome...quick response, always helpful, always patient during implementation and beyond.

What do you dislike?

Panoply automatically reformats SQL queries after you save them as 'Views' so it makes it a little more tedious to modify a query after it's saved. The alternative is to create all queries in a text editor, modify externally, then use copy/paste rather than modifing directly in Panoply.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a non-technical user, try to get some basics for writing SQL under your belt before starting the free trial. It's important to understand that Panoply is not an ETL (extract, transform, load) but rather an ELT (extract, load, transform) so part of the magic is having the ability to customize your data transformations (i.e. table JOINs and columns/fields to display).

Offering a turnkey business intelligence solution for any small business to create dashboards and make data driven decisions at a fraction of the off-the-shelf solutions cost. No data engineer, no data analyst, no business analyst required.

Panoply review by <span>Peter O.</span>
Peter O.

Great technology, great approach and great team.

What do you like best?

I love Panoply's huge (and growing) list of data connectors. This is what interested me in Panoply to begin with: I spent many years in the Big Data business writing code to extract data from various sources to do cross-channel analysis. I never want to write another data connector as long as I live and with Panoply I won't have to. Their database managed service is just gravy on top.

What do you dislike?

There are never going to be enough data connectors!

Also, I would love to see other database options. Redshift is great but it doesn't meet every need. Snowflake and Spark?

I work with several small businesses and have built business dashboards on top of Panoply data. With Panoply I can schedule data load for disparate systems, pull everything into Redshift and generate a dashboard every night.

Also, Panoply is great for ad hoc analysis of new data. I can load flat files easily if a customer has some data that they don't know what do do with.

Panoply review by <span>Ohad B.</span>
Ohad B.

Key service in our data stack

What do you like best?

Panoply allows us to collect data from several different points into one place and optimize it to get our data questions answered efficiently. In addition, the team was very responsive when we needed them. It is a key service in our data stack.

What do you dislike?

Since we started using the service very early on, the servers we were on were relatively weaker and we had to undergo several upgrades to “modernize” them, which sometimes caused issues with collecting and processing data during these periods. The panoply engineering team was very helpful in ironing these issues out.

Panoply allows us to stream data from different sources to one database and extract essential insights and analytical reports which are essential to our business. In addition, the panoply team is super helpful when we need something that is less trivial from the system.

Panoply review by <span>Emil N.</span>
Emil N.

Big data managed by small software

What do you like best?

As a part of a small startup my friends and I don't have tons of money to play a data scientist. Especially a good one. Panoply happened to be the best solution we came up to without having to hire somebody or spend a lot of money. It has a pretty large list of data connectors that are pretty easy to set up (even for me... and i have never been in the data business before)!

What do you dislike?

I had some problem with the interface at first. Needed at least a couple of hours of wandering through that UI just to understand what is going on.. I would suggest working on that outlook. Apart from that I can't really see anything I dislike that is work mentioning. Of course there are always connectors that you need but they aren't there... but collecting data is hard. there can never be a finite list of all the collectors you need...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend to everyone!

I am part of a small startup that just can't hire a data scientist and we are using Panoply to load data from different systems we use and develop and generate a dashboard once a week to see our progress..

* We monitor all Panoply reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Panoply to Similar Solutions