Panoply

Panoply delivers the world’s only unified, ETL-less Smart Data Warehouse, expediting the journey of migrating raw data to analytics using machine learning and natural language processing.

Work for Panoply?

Learning about Panoply?

Panoply Reviews

Ask Panoply a Question
Showing 23 Panoply reviews
Panoply review by Natasha S.
Natasha S.

"A great way to manage your data"

What do you like best?

There are several connectors that make it easy to extract data from API sources that my BI tool does not natively connect to. If they don't have the connector I'm looking for they are willing to work with me to build that connector and get me set up. The connectors are easy to set up and I quickly have the data I need.

What do you dislike?

The Panoply interface needs some work (though they are constantly improving it), so looking through the data output can be slow and confusing. I'm not always satisfied with the data output, I would like more options for transformations in the interface.

Panoply allows my small team to utilize the benefits of a data warehouse without having a data team. It has saved me so much set up and maintenance time, and I am able to get all my data needs met quickly and easily.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Panoply
Panoply review by Jacklyn A.
Jacklyn A.

"An easy way to store and access your data"

What do you like best?

There are several connectors making it easy to fetch, store, and access your data all in one spot. No database manager needed. Easy to get up and running. Fairly quick queries.

What do you dislike?

If you're still getting to know your data it's difficult to search through all the tables/folders to find what you are looking for because it's slow. But it's not bad if you know what you are looking for. Once you figure it out and want to organize it better, you can only drag and drop one folder/table at a time which can be time consuming if you have a lot of data.

No more throwing away data. Great way to become data centric without the usual investment cost if you a team member that understands basic data management and SQL.

What Data Warehouse solution do you use?

Panoply review by Justin M.
Justin M.

"Data engineering without hiring an engineer!"

What do you like best?

As the lead analyst on a small startup team where data is imperative to our success, Panoply has been incredible. The market for data engineers is competitive and expensive, and Panoply has enabled us to get the data from our smorgasbord of tools into one redshift warehouse without needing to go through the expensive process of hiring an in-house engineer.

What do you dislike?

Troubleshooting issues with a data pipeline can be challenging. It's rare that I've noticed an issue with the pipeline, but the difference between working with an in-house engineer on troubleshooting (where you can sit next to them and co-diagnose) vs. an external agency is huge. Their support is usually responsive, but the turn around time is longer exclusively because the engineer doesn't sit in house.

We use Panoply as our in house data engineer. It's been huge for allowing us to be data-driven in the way that we need without spending loads of time and money looking for our own engineer.

Panoply review by Jonathan D.
Jonathan D.

"Turnkey Redshift Warehouse for the Technical & non-Technical G2Crowd!"

What do you like best?

As a consultant with limited techical skills (i.e. some SQL) but good understanding of the questions I'm hoping to answer about Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and/or Product in my customers' businesses, Panoply just makes it so easy to add new data sources to your warehouse, create/organize SQL queries, and connect to Business Intelligence for visualizations in no time. Also, I've never had a customer experience in the B2B world that is this awesome...quick response, always helpful, always patient during implementation and beyond.

What do you dislike?

Panoply automatically reformats SQL queries after you save them as 'Views' so it makes it a little more tedious to modify a query after it's saved. The alternative is to create all queries in a text editor, modify externally, then use copy/paste rather than modifing directly in Panoply.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a non-technical user, try to get some basics for writing SQL under your belt before starting the free trial. It's important to understand that Panoply is not an ETL (extract, transform, load) but rather an ELT (extract, load, transform) so part of the magic is having the ability to customize your data transformations (i.e. table JOINs and columns/fields to display).

Offering a turnkey business intelligence solution for any small business to create dashboards and make data driven decisions at a fraction of the off-the-shelf solutions cost. No data engineer, no data analyst, no business analyst required.

Panoply review by Matan M.
Matan M.

"With Panoply from day 1"

What do you like best?

Easy data source integrations

Seamless Data Warehouse management

What do you dislike?

Admin interface might be faster to work with

We are using Panoply as our ETL & DW management.

Great support team, out of box thinkers.

Panoply review by Boaz K.
Boaz K.

"The right service to get you off-the ground with your Data Warehouse"

What do you like best?

The ease-of-use and service level are best in class. The team is super responsive and helped us guided through all the setup and on-going needs.

What do you dislike?

Some minor UI issues, the support portal, and docs need some more work.

Panoply helped us take our company data to another level. We could get it going in matters of a few weeks with minimal resources from our side.

Thier solution enables us to put our focus on our business data insights and not on the infrastructure that supports it. I highly recommend to try it.

Panoply review by Emil N.
Emil N.

"Big data managed by small software"

What do you like best?

As a part of a small startup my friends and I don't have tons of money to play a data scientist. Especially a good one. Panoply happened to be the best solution we came up to without having to hire somebody or spend a lot of money. It has a pretty large list of data connectors that are pretty easy to set up (even for me... and i have never been in the data business before)!

What do you dislike?

I had some problem with the interface at first. Needed at least a couple of hours of wandering through that UI just to understand what is going on.. I would suggest working on that outlook. Apart from that I can't really see anything I dislike that is work mentioning. Of course there are always connectors that you need but they aren't there... but collecting data is hard. there can never be a finite list of all the collectors you need...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend to everyone!

I am part of a small startup that just can't hire a data scientist and we are using Panoply to load data from different systems we use and develop and generate a dashboard once a week to see our progress..

Panoply review by vitali m.
vitali m.

"Easy, fast and reliable "

What do you like best?

It's a simple solution to a complex and time consuming problem. We save a lot of time (and money) and just focusing on saving and searching for data. We don't worry about managing the data warehouse.

What do you dislike?

I wish the service would include a UI to allow adding data manipulation functions during streaming

Allows me to have a big data solution without the effort of managing it

Panoply review by Peter O.
Peter O.

"Great technology, great approach and great team."

What do you like best?

I love Panoply's huge (and growing) list of data connectors. This is what interested me in Panoply to begin with: I spent many years in the Big Data business writing code to extract data from various sources to do cross-channel analysis. I never want to write another data connector as long as I live and with Panoply I won't have to. Their database managed service is just gravy on top.

What do you dislike?

There are never going to be enough data connectors!

Also, I would love to see other database options. Redshift is great but it doesn't meet every need. Snowflake and Spark?

I work with several small businesses and have built business dashboards on top of Panoply data. With Panoply I can schedule data load for disparate systems, pull everything into Redshift and generate a dashboard every night.

Also, Panoply is great for ad hoc analysis of new data. I can load flat files easily if a customer has some data that they don't know what do do with.

Panoply review by Ohad B.
Ohad B.

"Key service in our data stack"

What do you like best?

Panoply allows us to collect data from several different points into one place and optimize it to get our data questions answered efficiently. In addition, the team was very responsive when we needed them. It is a key service in our data stack.

What do you dislike?

Since we started using the service very early on, the servers we were on were relatively weaker and we had to undergo several upgrades to “modernize” them, which sometimes caused issues with collecting and processing data during these periods. The panoply engineering team was very helpful in ironing these issues out.

Panoply allows us to stream data from different sources to one database and extract essential insights and analytical reports which are essential to our business. In addition, the panoply team is super helpful when we need something that is less trivial from the system.

Panoply review by Adir R.
Adir R.

"Awesome service!"

What do you like best?

Panoply is an awesome service. We've been using it since its early days and it has been constantly improving.

It's easy to use and to configure data sources, and connect between them to get actionable data that we can act upon.

What do you dislike?

Would've been awesome to have a built-in visualization tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! You'll see the value real quickly.

The most powerful part of Panoply is the ability to connect multiple API's quickly and create relationships between them.

This allows us, for example, to track multiple ad channels and connect them with in-app data to track and segment performance to drive ROI-positive ad spend.

Panoply review by Ami G.
Ami G.

"Zero effort data warehouse/ETL"

What do you like best?

We have to do minimal work to get a fully working and automated data warehouse solution. In addition, the support staff is super responsive!

What do you dislike?

We've had some weird issues in the past with the automated ETL process but they were all solved by the support team.

Instead of hiring an engineer to do only ETL and data warehouse maintenance, panoply are doing it for us.

Panoply review by John W.
John W.

"Great way to use redshift like functionality for cheaper!"

What do you like best?

The tools has the backing of aws redshift, but also lots of nice integrations to help you load your data

What do you dislike?

a few integrations are missing, but the team is constantly adding more

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it out! It is awesome!

We are using panoply to be a data lake for our company. It will allow us to get data all from the same location.

Panoply review by Aron C.
Aron C.

"It just works, and it's smart"

What do you like best?

My consulting firm, Data Clymer, builds full data stacks for our clients. Panoply is the one part of the stack that always just works, and it works in a smart way. We love that UPSERT is the default functionality when we pipe in data. Takes care of a lot of potential headaches. We've had zero issues with Panoply.

What do you dislike?

The only limitation we've hit is the ability to do more complex ETL job flows, but that is not needed for the majority of our clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple-to-use, low-maintenance, hosted data warehouse solution that won't scale out, check out Panoply.

Our clients want to build their own data stack to be more nimble and flexible in what they can do. To get ahead of their competitors. They want to analyze their data in myriad ways. And they don't want to administer a data warehouse. Panoply solves all of the admin headaches and gives them a performant and easy-to-use data warehouse.

Panoply review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Just starting to know each other"

What do you like best?

It capacity to load and manage different data bases at the same tiem.

What do you dislike?

Not as user friendly as I'd like it to be.

Seeing all my information from diferent sources.

Panoply review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Simply powerful"

What do you like best?

The setup is easy. There are so many data sources available (I think around 100 now), and total integrations are close to 200. The upshot is that we've not had to request custom integrations so far. Everything just works. And it seems like they're constantly adding more. Active company continually improving. Great customer support. There is a built-in SQL workbench in the web interface. It's not a replacement for for favorite BI tool, but it lets you manage and work with data even when you don't have access to your favorite tools, such as when working from a computer that you don't normally use. It also lets you set up views to share with others.

What do you dislike?

Some of the UI feels light, like there should be additional features. None of us work in data science, and digging around under the hood can be a bit daunting. For example, getting user permissions set up correctly so that everyone can query what they need. But the support folks at Panoply have been great to work with. Very responsive and helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework on the other options available. You won't find anyone with a better quality product and a stronger team supporting your needs. Great folks to work with, which really counts when you have questions or run into issues, as everyone does.

Without having to invest in a team of data engineers, we have a world-class data engineering organization supporting our business requirements. Our data, all in one place, available to any BI tools we prefer to use. Huge cost savings in infrastructure vs. an on-prem data warehouse. Ability to base business decisions on real-time data-driven insights. Invaluable.

Panoply review by User

"Easy ETL for Data Analysts/Scientists"

What do you like best?

Panoply has simplified combining all our external data into a single source. The combination of having a powerful redshift instance and a zero upkeep ETL ecosystem means that we spend far more time on data analysis and very little time on data engineering. Its very much click and forget. Their support is also outstanding and all the issues that I had were resolved quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

All imports are done in a single schema. Multiple schemas would make organising a little easier especially if you have many sources with many tables.

We currently use panoply to complete our customer picture. We combine all 3rd party provider sources so we have single view of our funnel and customer. This has made segmentation and conversion easier as we can better target our customers and spend on acquisition.

Panoply review by User in Venture Capital & Private Equity
User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Cheap if it works for you but you get what you pay for - rude management"

What do you like best?

If it worked for us, I'm sure we would love it. The price was very cheap for what was being offered.

What do you dislike?

It turned out that there wasn't actually a right fit for our tech stack, and they couldn't really adequately protect our private/sensitive data. Due to a number of reasons we couldn't make use of the product – however they charged us for it anyway.

As soon as we told them that it wasn't the right fit, we got some of the most rude emails from someone in their C suite, making outrageous claims and practically defaming us. While the support team tried what they could and were friendly, that interaction with "one of the bosses" meant that I'd never want to do business with them as 'the fish rots from the head'.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cheap if it works for you, but be careful about making sure it meets your needs early on in the process. Don't expect them to be even slightly friendly if anything goes wrong.

We attempted to solve a sync for BI purposes. However we didn't realise any benefits as we were unable to implement the software.

Panoply review by Max M.
Max M.

"Supportive Team for Warehouse Mgmt."

What do you like best?

The Panoply team has been very responsive and supportive with any issues, help for beginner analysts and new data connectors. Without the skillsets or resources to administer a db on our own, this has been a user-friendly way to get from data to insights quickly. It's great to know I have the support I need when it comes to db education!

What do you dislike?

Some connectors are built for different purposes than our use-cases, but we're working with the Panoply team to resolve this.

We work with multiple clients' data, and it's always been a challenge to get the big picture. With our Panoply warehouse, we're able to funnel everything into one place, allowing us to draw better insight into performance on a high level, and dive into data more granularly.

Panoply review by User

"Easy and Fast Data Warehouse"

What do you like best?

Panoply allows my small team to get important business questions answered quickly and efficiently. Anytime we have run into a glitch, their team has been there to help us figure it out quickly.

What do you dislike?

The UI needs some work still, there are some other features that would be helpful to have

My team is very small, so having the abilities of an Engineering and IT team without actually having one has been really great for us. It has saved us both costs and timely resources.

Panoply review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Research
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Research

"Redshift without the fuss"

What do you like best?

Panoply makes data warehousing super easy. You can use their web interface to set up a redshift-based data warehouse in a few clicks and pull in data from almost anywhere. I really like that you don't have to mess around with pre-defining a table schema, and having a SQL editor right in the browser makes most queries pretty simple. Panoply keeps a record of your queries, so if you're the type to store your queries for future use, that part is automated for you. I also like that it's super easy to connect a Jupyter notebook to Redshift through Panoply.

What do you dislike?

I noticed the in-browser editor is a little slow compared to just pulling directly into a pandas dataframe with Jupyter. I'm a little impatient and ADD, so I don't usually mess with Panoply's editor except for simple queries, but I may not be the typical case here

Streamlines the process of setting up and working with a Redshift data warehouse. It makes it especially easy for people who are lighter on the technical skills to go straight to BI analysis

Panoply review by Kate S.
Kate S.

"Great experience; seamless + great support"

What do you like best?

I liked the ease of connecting several data sources and how it sped up the performance of tableau reports. Support and follow up was really helpful. I never felt like I was stuck waiting for responses. In order to reduce visualization load time and enable efficient data connections, you’ll need to work with a smart data warehouse that’s capable of integrating with a data visualization engine. Enter Panoply!

Panoply provides a single source of data that's compatible with all major business intelligence as well as data visualization tools; including Tableau, Looker, Stitch, etc.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to not like -- once you learn how to connect to the data you're good to go! The support was really good especially if you got stuck somewhere, the emails were responded to really quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering to use Panoply, I'd recommend using the free trial to see if it's something you like/ if it's a need.

Making tableau dashboards run quicker (these are used for high level executives and they don't like to wait). We connected to Amazon Redshift to make the data run faster with Panoply

Panoply review by User

" Data so much easier to access now!"

What do you like best?

My job is to sift through a mountain of marketing data and create strategies for the company I work for. You can imagine how frustrating that can be. Panoply has been a game-changer. The best part is that there was no need for us to invest into any new IT infrastructure at all – Panoply took care of everything.

What do you dislike?

Not a big fan of the dashboard/interface. Took some getting used to. Definite room for improvement there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conveniently priced and fairly easy to use data warehouse, but helps to have some understanding of SQL.

Panoply has allowed us to take data from the myriad of platforms we use and accumulate it in one place. We arrange this data to create a number of reports that drive our marketing strategy.

Learn more about Panoply

Panoply Videos

Learning about Panoply?

* We monitor all Panoply reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.