Pantheon

Showing 92 Pantheon reviews
Pantheon review by <span>Jonathan G.</span>
Jonathan G.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I mostly appreciate the Multi-Dev capabilities and the fact that you can automatically implement a full Dev-Stg-Prod flow in WordPress with a few clicks

What do you dislike?

We've had some trouble with their caching services (Varnish) etc as well as some difficulties with domain and SSL settings. However, they've made some recent improvements to these areas, but we already have alternative solutions setup so we haven't tried them again recently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you don't need a massively scalable and highly available WordPress setup (which would require a custom hosting solution), then Pantheon is probably the best way to go out there for WordPress hosting at least. I don't know enough about Drupal to be able to say if it's the best there too.

WordPress hosting is now a no-brainer. We are also using AWS, and hosting WordPress in AWS can be....complicated. Here at Pantheon, it's totally effortless.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pantheon
Pantheon review by <span>Iztok S.</span>
Iztok S.
What do you like best?

The interface and documentation are much superior to competitive solutions. The pricing is also much more attractive to SME which is better for us since we can recommend an affordable hosting solution that we also like to work with.

What do you dislike?

I am 100% satisfied with Pantheon and it's platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Pantheon to every web agency that does not want to handle hosting on their own. Pantheon has great solutions for agencies to have one single dashboard for their Drupal and Wordpress websites in one place.

Pantheon enables our developers to develop and deploy Drupal websites faster and without hustle. We always recommend Pantheon to our customers, who are digital agencies, because this helps them later on since support and maintenance are much easier than on other hosting solutions.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Website Hosting solution do you use?

Pantheon review by <span>Jordan B.</span>
Jordan B.

Pantheon is pretty much awesome

What do you like best?

Pantheon makes it really easy to spin up, administer, update, and deploy changes to multiple Drupal websites. The dev-test-live workflow they've created is kind of like magic, since code changes and databases can be transferred from one environment to another in no time. The one-click backup restoration feature has saved me at least once from accidental data loss (which was my fault), and restoring from backup was so simple, I gained even greater confidence in the system. And Pantheon loves agencies so much they let us use the platform essentially for free while we build our client's websites.

What do you dislike?

Ticket response times are slower than I'd like. I also frequently receive "Platform Operations status" emails noting problems with the system, and while these emails are welcome — transparency is a good thing — they have the side effect of making it seem like Pantheon is breaking down all the time, which is not actually the case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ain't nobody got time to build deployment workflows — the time you spend doing that prevents you from doing billable work. Do yourself a favor and use Pantheon instead.

Pantheon has saved us countless hundreds (thousands?) of hours that we would have had to spend configuring servers, creating hosting accounts, and building a dev-test-live workflow on our own. We're able to create custom Drupal upstreams that simplify site creation and module updates — the basic work has to be done only once and can then be merged with existing sites or be cloned to create new sites.

Pantheon review by <span>Ben M.</span>
Ben M.
What do you like best?

It's a platform tuned ideally for Drupal, fully managed, without me having to lift a finger.

What do you dislike?

Pantheon's workflow is a little bit less flexible than some alternatives, namely Platform.sh. Not everyone wants a Dev -> Test -> Live workflow deployed in that way. It would be better if you could define your own deployment workflow to move through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the other comparable services if they interest you (Acquia Cloud, Phatform.sh), but make sure to give Pantheon serious consideration. They've solved many of the problems that I have experienced with other hosting vendors, and their support is incredible. You won't be disappointed.

We're hosting hundreds of sites effortlessly on Pantheon. We moved from maintaining around 125 cloud servers managed with Puppet, spending many hours per week on maintenance and setup, to relying on Pantheon for all of our Drupal hosting and removing that time and effort from us entirely.

Pantheon review by <span>Zach S.</span>
Zach S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love Pantheon! The team at Pantheon is amazing, and they are constantly innovating to try and make life easier for developer and their clients. Their hosting platform supports both WordPress and Drupal. I've split my review into two sections, one for business owners and one for developers.

Business Owners: Are you sick of having to maintain your servers? Tired of paying a sysadmin to do work that really can be automated these days? Pantheon has your back, and it makes life SO much easier! Plus, with their support for adding team members, you can add your subcontracted developer during your project and, if needed, revoke access at any time. YOU remain in control of your hosting account without having to give a contractor the keys to the kingdom. It's pretty awesome. And their platform scales effortlessly with traffic. Since it's container based, it takes seconds instead of minutes to scale.

Developers: If terms like continuous integration and automated deployment matter to you as a developer, then you need to check Pantheon out now. There are development, testing and live environments built-in as part of the platform. Multidev is a ridiculously convenient feature, too. Want a branch of your code to experiment in? Sure! Instantly create a fork of your entire site with all the performance of your live environment and start deploying and experimenting. STFP. Git. Support for team members with their own credentials. Varnish. Redis. SAML/SSO support. Site monitoring. Intrusion detection. Responsive support from people who actually know what they're talking about. They hit every single feature I'm looking for as a developer.

Summary: Pantheon is a website platform, not a simple hosting environment. Some of the features are nearly magical, and the others are all on the wishlist I've had for my sites for years. I wouldn't believe it existed if I didn't use it! Check it out!

What do you dislike?

I honestly haven't found anything to dislike, but will update if I do!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Migrate a site you have that gets a ton of traffic and look at the performance difference. It's worth taking the extra time to test no matter what platform, but with Pantheon, I was more than pleasantly surprised with the result!

Multidev makes it easy to work with a team. Pricing is very reasonable for what you're getting. Consistently performs in the top 5 of Managed WordPress hosts.

Pantheon review by User in Internet

Git + Wordpress = Happiness

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I can use a more standard professional web developer workflow through different environments and the ability to use git. Pantheon takes the dev-ops headache away for us and allows us to just focus on making the site better. I really like the new ability to use Lando which makes local dev as simple as spinning up a Docker container.

What do you dislike?

The multi-dev workflow is really nice but takes time to wrap your head around. Getting a local version set up with MAMP is a pain and problematic.

We have a robust blog that has solid uptime. Our visitors benefit the most but we can also have multiple devs now working on different parts of the site with less fear.

Learning about Pantheon?

* We monitor all Pantheon reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.