Pantheon

Learning about Pantheon?

Pantheon Reviews

Ask Pantheon a Question
Showing 376 Pantheon reviews
Pantheon review by Santina C.
Santina C.

"Panthon is great for managing sites within your agency"

What do you like best?

I like that there are 3 environments for every site: Dev, Test, and Live. At first, the interstitial step (Test) may seem superfluous. Anyone who has worked with WordPress, however, understands that it's tricky to edit code while the client enters content. Pantheon makes the process a little less painful. It's also great that one can bill the client directly from the Pantheon portal. Less financial worry & fuss.

What do you dislike?

The system is locked down for (I assume) security reasons. I would prefer to have unfettered ssh access to my servers. This feels like a small inconvenience for how well the service works with client work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Pantheon for easy web hosting and release management.

Currently we are using Pantheon for web hosting, so we don't have a lot of need for other apps. I see, however, that Node.js is installed on the server. I am interested in learning what it can do.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pantheon
Pantheon review by Treighton M.
Treighton M.

"Better workflow"

What do you like best?

Pantheon has a ton of great features, but the improvements to workflow like the multi dev environments is the one that I see the most benefit from. Between the multidev environments and the ease of controlling where you are at in the development process through the built-in dev test live environments and the ease of moving code and content between them, my team has made massive improvements to our workflow. Pantheons documentation, support, and developer tools are great too. Pantheon is truly dedicated to the WordPress community, they do weekly webinars, build developer tools to improve the lives of the developers using their platform, and are active members of the wordpress community.

Pantheon is also a great platform if you are looking to automate your deployment process, they provide plenty of how-to's, tutorials, and tools to get you going in this directions too.

All in all pantheon is hands down my favorite wordpress hosting provider, i cant see hosting a wordpress site anywhere else.

What do you dislike?

If i was forced to come up with a something that i was less happy with, it would probably have to be that multi site is not supported in their normal plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using pantheon, the improvements that you will see to your workflow are worth any additional cost you may see.

We have solved a few problems with pantheon but mostly just having a more reliable host with a solid workflow.

What Web Hosting solution do you use?

Pantheon review by Christa S.
Christa S.

"Smart Solution for WordPress Hosting"

What do you like best?

My favorite two things about Pantheon are the three environments (dev, test and live) to allow a flexible workflow based on client and the integration with git changes. Sales team we worked with was very nice and helped us come up with a good solution for our company. I also felt like they really listened to what we needed versus just telling us what they thought we needed.

What do you dislike?

That the process of going live doesn't include a change to the database automatically to switch out the live-domain.pantheon.io URLs to the new domain.com URLs. We have had some issues with the database just continuing to have the Pantheon reference in there for half the URLs because we forget to do a database find and replace.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When comparing this vs. other systems, Pantheon gives much better flexibility having three environments versus two. I also like that pushing from one environment to another needs to happen in Pantheon vs. in WordPress so that people who are admins don't necessarily have the ability to push changes live.

Changes tracking, dev and live environment, good way of pulling in new WordPress versions as they become available, good up-time, friendly service. It gives us a good way to keep track of all our WordPress sites and make sure they are being managed well.

Pantheon review by Michael G.
Michael G.

"A Great Specialized Hosting Platform"

What do you like best?

The biggest selling point for Pantheon are the tools they offer us. As a development agency, we have built-in workflows through Pantheon that I don't know if we could live without at this point. We have taken full advantage of the multi-dev and terminus features especially.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. It seems like the dashboard has a bit more slowness and issues than we would like, but it is usually resolved somewhat quickly. If there are git/workflow issues they will always happen when we are deploying something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the easiest hosts to get started on if you are using WordPress or Drupal. The workflows they provide are best in the industry and the tools will help you are your developers be much more productive. We've been using them for years and can attest to this.

We have been able to use Pantheon as our preferred platform for all of our Drupal projects. We have built our own local environments to match the architecture that Pantheon uses, because it is just a great way to do things. We have been able to manage clients with a dozen sites with the custom upstream and I don't think we would have been able to do anything remotely similar on any other host.

Pantheon review by Michael W.
Michael W.

"Great service"

What do you like best?

I love how you don't have to pay for development. I typically have clients that sit in testing for some time for content. I love the three different type of environments, we can redevelop a site without it affecting the live status of the site. This is really great for some of our big clients with a lot of traffic. Additionally, If I have a question about wordpress or drupal, I can contact them and they are happy to give me guidance.

What do you dislike?

I wish that other programs can be installed besides Wordpress and Drupal. I have other clients that use other CMS like Joomla. It would be nice to just use them for hosting for all of my clients. Is there a plan like this in the future?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pantheon is 100% there for you, they have all type of support. Their webinar are awesome. Every hosting company I have been with never did any.

I have realized development is easy with my clients. It's a easy click install and some customers just stay with Pantheon which is nice. I love how you can invite the client to pay instead of me paying for them.

Pantheon review by Andrew J.
Andrew J.

"Web Developer"

What do you like best?

I love how I can maintain three default environments so easily via control panel. Database, files and content can flow easily between them without manual export/import. I also love how easy it is to spin up a local environment with tools like Lando and Docker.

What do you dislike?

One of my only real concerns about Pantheon is its lack of post-deploy builds. So in other words, my frontend workflow includes compiling javascript and sass, which is normally not something you'd commit to the repo. But since Pantheon has no support for post-deploy processes, lots of compiled code has to be committed over and over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a solid, all-in-one hosting and workflow for Wordpress and Drupal, I highly recommend Pantheon.

As a freelance developer making Wordpress sites, Pantheon saves me so much time in my workflow. Pushing code and content through different environments is super easy and way nicer than doing endless exports and imports by hand. I also love that I can so easily spin up local environments with tools like Lando.

Pantheon review by Michael R.
Michael R.

"Great Environment for WordPress Implementation"

What do you like best?

I love that you can create a live testing environment easily. It also had seamless push -live integration once you've made changes to your testing environment. That control feature makes the biggest difference when you're trying to add new functions and/or plugins

What do you dislike?

Pantheon site caches VERY frequently. Caching to speed up load times is great. But when you're trying to make front-end changes and can't figure out why those changes aren't showing up, having to go back into pantheon dashboard to clear it every 15 min can become bothersome. I also had a weird experience in a theme where clearing site cache would drop custom css additions for a 5-10 min window before adding them back into the site. Not efficient in time crunch, time sensitive editing.

One benefit is pantheon also creates backups. So if you make a change, and realize you don't want to do that change afterall, you can revert back to a previously saved backup.

My biggest benefit is creating the testing/demo site so a client can view development before ever pushing live to a specific domain.

Pantheon review by Rob W.
Rob W.

"Pantheon is the best hosting money can buy, but not trivial for the novice user."

What do you like best?

Performance, security, and bigger bang for the development dollar because I don't have to mess around with lots of hosting particulars and moving parts.

Three environments (dev, test, and live) make development operations a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Not that this is easy, but I wish there were a better way to ensure that database-level content could be versioned. I'm aware of recommended workarounds but something that more naturally fits the workflow would be awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you read as much of the documentation as you can. You don't actually need to do this because the user interface is very intuitive. However, by reading the documentation you'll be able to understand the "hidden" advantages that make Pantheon even better.

I'm solving problems for small businesses. In one case, I had just told a client that their site was liable to be compromised with their cut-rate, non-Pantheon host. The client said there was no reason to think so because they had been safe with that host for years. Within a month, the client's site went down because it was broken into by a hacker. We moved them to Pantheon immediately and the site has not had any problems since then.

Pantheon review by Joshua H.
Joshua H.

"Solid Hosting Solution for WordPress or Drupal"

What do you like best?

Pantheon has a friendly support staff, who is consistently able to answer my questions any time I reach out to them. Their easy export of database and image assets makes taking a site live or pulling it down locally super easy. Additionally it helps our team follow a "best practice" process of pushing to dev-to-test-to-live. One feature I use frequently is easily switching from SFTP to GIT mode on the fly. The ability to add files to the dev environment directly through the site, but maintain a commit log means I always know what happened, regardless of how an update was made. I also really enjoy the workflow and ease of setting up domains/https on the sites, the guide for setting up my dns to point to a new site is easy to follow and intuitve. Additionally having caching options and service tiers makes it easy to get the "right" fit for clients of different sizes, regardless of the complexity of their site. Overall, I prefer using Pantheon to other "self managed" hosting options because they do the heavy lifting and thinking for you. They also offer great webinars and thought-leadership on topics like e-commerce, scalability, and how to manage large client projects that help you grow your business.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes feels restrictive in terms of "following the Pantheon way", but the stability and consistency is what makes the platform so stable

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're tired of trying to "figure it out yourself" for WordPres

More uptime, better dev workflow

Pantheon review by Jeremy H.
Jeremy H.

"One of the Best Platforms for Drupal Development with a Team"

What do you like best?

The ability to use git in a dev, test and live environment makes developing a Drupal site for a client quicker when developing custom modules and themes. Having the ability to use multidev for staging features with each team member saves so much time in setting up environments and performing tests. Combined with using lando to replicate the pantheon environment locally gives our team the resources needed to get projects done efficiently.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with getting a Drupal site setup the first time. You need to keep the system in sftp mode until you get the site installed then move over to git to make sure the installer can create the settings file. However this is documented but a pain until you find it. Also renaming sites in the dashboard is not supported. So you have to create a new site, migrate the data and code and remove the old site. So make sure you get the internal name the way you like it first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You get a bunch of sandbox sites to test out ideas and make sure the site you have can work on pantheon before upgrading.

Managing your own internal dev, test and live servers on AWS or another cloud provider is not trivial. Pantheon makes this process straight forward and gives us the flexibility and transparency our clients need. It has sped up our Drupal development. While there are other Drupal specific hosting providers out there pantheon should be at the top of the list.

Pantheon review by Ryan B.
Ryan B.

"High Cost, Solid Service, and Great Workflows"

What do you like best?

The insistence that you follow a dev > stage > prod workflow makes Pantheon a really amazing option for agencies that do client handoff. A lot of client problems with infrastructure get solved by just building on Pantheon and encouraging the client to stay there.

What do you dislike?

The cost is pretty high for non-enterprise users. If you're a solo dev who wants to host your portfolio site, you're probably going to be priced out.

Similarly, the lack of good external CI/CD integration eventually gets aggravating. It would be really nice to be able to trigger composer/NPM tasks on git hooks. As it stands, you have to do everything the "Pantheon" way. If the client eventually wants to take their site to another hosting provider after dev completion there are some unresolved devops questions that will need to be answered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pantheon can be really helpful and simplify your devops pipeline, but beware platform lock in. If you ever move your site to another hosting provider you will certainly have some work to do. That said, Pantheon's internal tools are very well made. Hopefully soon composer workflows will be use by default. Until then, make sure to read up on best practices for composer-based projects.

Devops as a service! When we use Pantheon for everything we really don't have to do much devops at all, and the clients have a solid devops foundation to run on if they take control of a project.

Pantheon review by Victor R.
Victor R.

"Fast Wordpress hosting provider with great developer-friendly workflow"

What do you like best?

I like that production server is never ever touched, unless it goes to the testing server. This allows our dev and MarOps team to be disciplined and make sure that we test prior to pushing websites to production.

What do you dislike?

Ability to roll-back commits in the web UI, or get into details of the file diff during commits on dev, test, prod servers

Recommendations to others considering the product

Given that managed hosting for Wordpress is a crowded space, Pantheon truly differentiates itself with the value-added service that comes with their offering, on top of the stability, dev-friendliness, and awesome support. If you are not able to afford Wordpress VIP, Pantheon is a solid bet!

We use Wordpress on Pantheon on all of our public facing websites, including .com, blog pages, and landing pages used by our demand gen team. It's stable, solid, and just right when it comes to pricing vs. value.

Pantheon review by Matthew C.
Matthew C.

"Enterprise Level Hosting Product for the Common Folks"

What do you like best?

The fluid flow of the UI is fantastic and makes managing a DEV, STAGE & PROD environment as simple as it can be. Non-technincal people could pick it up.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that nothing stands out as a problem. If I had to choose anything, it's only because I like to get the most bang for my buck. So maybe the cost could be a little cheaper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pantheon and Acquia are my top of the list products. Acquia is great, but for my freelance clients I recommend Pantheon. The difference maker being the cost.

At the moment, I only have one client on the Pantheon platform. The biggest benefit is that security patches were applied without any need to do something. Another client on another host had to be manually patched and it did get hacked and cost me time to fix.

Pantheon review by Duran G.
Duran G.

"Pantheon has provided the best Drupal application hosting I've ever experienced. "

What do you like best?

The pantheon DEV to TEST to PROD workflow

What do you dislike?

Technical customer service at times can be challenging to deal with - but I do not personally have any elite plans on my account (customers of mine do). Elite customer service is fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate, do it.

Pantheon provides the best hosting platform for Drupal I know of. It solves ALL of the concerns I have about managing servers and handling infrastructure. Before I knew of pantheon I lost sleep over the fear of server downtime and the work involved to protect and prepare for that eventuality.

Pantheon solved this. By providing a viable, robust and reliable managed hosting platform with a powerful developer focused deployment workflow I'm able to build sites faster, safer and with more flexibility then ever before.

Bottom line, I do not worry about the server side of the project any more. ever.

Pantheon review by Brad J.
Brad J.

"Appropriate for many sites, but not all."

What do you like best?

Pantheon is a good option for sites that follow what I'd call a basic profile - standard Drupal concepts, only a few if any external backing services (e.g., Solr) - and for whom managing things like a git repo or deployment strategy is too complex.

What do you dislike?

If your workflow is any different from Pantheon's - e.g., you like to not commit your vendor directory of composer dependencies, or you have backing services that do not exist on Pantheon, or you wish to do more than very basic operations in deploy hooks - this is not the service for you. Their workflow seems like it was designed for D7 and is showing its age as Drupal in particular matures.

Pantheon helps fit a niche for clients who insist on "managed" hosting, and do not require significant customization as outlined above.

Pantheon review by Paul G.
Paul G.

"Pricing change and removal of features"

What do you like best?

I loved that it was affordable Wordpress host

What do you dislike?

The price increase and removal of new relic

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that the lower tier does not include New Relic error logging like it used to. The biggest complaint I have is that they removed features. I understand that the cost of doing business goes up and they have to update their prices; however, removing features (like New Relic) without offering an alternative (sorry but going from $25 per month to even $125 per month is not a true alternative) is very frustrating. The whole reason I decided to use Pantheon was to remove the need for me to manage my own server but now it is almost worth it to manage my own Wordpress server even with all the headache that could come with that.

Company website hosting.

Pantheon review by Austin B.
Austin B.

"Pantheon provides a robust WordPress hosting and development solution"

What do you like best?

CDN, SSL, multidev environments, UI and CLI interfaces for platform functions, git based development workflow and scheduled backups are included and easy to use. Customer service is great and integrated into the dashboard. Managing access to sites is clear and straightforward. The billing and site ownership handoff process is simple and easy to understand even for nontechnical users. In depth and easy to find documentation.

What do you dislike?

Hopefully they can offer solutions for other content management systems beyond WordPress and Drupal in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't think you can find a better level of performance or support for hosting WordPress sites.

Much less time and energy spent on development operations. Easily see who has access to any site. Clear easy to find documentation that facilitates on-boarding staff and clients. Easy site handoff and billing.

Pantheon review by Josh F.
Josh F.

"Great UX for agencies and customers"

What do you like best?

The workflow management system for Drupal

What do you dislike?

Limited ability to install custom profiles

One of the hardest parts of working on large scale Drupal projects is setting up and managing a dev/stage/production environment where updates can be pushed and pulled quickly and easily. Drupal is known for this problem. Pantheon has overcome that issue with their system which makes it a front runner for hosting Drupal sites. Both team members and customers are quickly and easily able to make updates on dev, push to stage, review on stage, then push to production. No hassle with databases, exporting features, etc etc. Plus, simply having a clean GUI for managing your sites is a major upside. Developers don't mind the Terminal, but customers need colored buttons and big text to help them move swiftly.

Pantheon review by Jon M.
Jon M.

"Overall a great hosting experience"

What do you like best?

I like the reliability and dependability of Pantheon. We've been on the platform for several years with changes in developers, adding sites, etc. as well as a few emergency-level issues. Pantheon is generally extremely helpful in all areas and provides timely, clear support.

What do you dislike?

There was one time when we had a site issue that took a while to solve and the issue got bounced around a bit on the Pantheon side to different reps, making the solution of the issue a bit more difficult. But once the issue was solved, everything went back to normal.

Our business is totally online and we rely on a hosting platform that can handle a lot of traffic, sometimes with 2x-5x our normal traffic in the form of spikes. Pantheon has been great with everything.

Pantheon review by Chico R.
Chico R.

"Having a single platform for CMS implementations is truly a net savings."

What do you like best?

Adherence to best practices for scalability and implementation.

Always having a sandbox for new features, via the multidev environments.

Support of a team who understands their platform.

Asides from one large global event, outages have been restricted to predictable maintenance or quick resolution with little impact.

What do you dislike?

A REST API for platform management would be a welcomed addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No platform exists that is as simple, well supported, and easier to onboard.

Single, documented, and predictable experience for developers makes on boarding resources a breeze. Instituting a QA process that completely involves the customer, through leveraging cloning and use of the test multidev environments clients can verify changes before deployment The impact is less bugs make it to end users.

Pantheon review by Shawn G.
Shawn G.

"Reliable, smart, efficient"

What do you like best?

It's made by developers for developers so they have thought of everything, cli tools, CI support, backups, etc.. The technology stack just works as you would expect with very little (if any) configuration.

What do you dislike?

I think more can be done on the marketing side of things. As a developer it's easy to see why Pantheon is obvious but from the client's perspective hand-holding support also matters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the type of product that speaks for itself. Just give it a try and you'll see the difference. Don't ignore the CLI tools.

We aren't spending as much time and resources on infrastructure with our Pantheon projects that we do with traditional hosting or even other platform as a service products.

Pantheon review by Alexander R.
Alexander R.

"Solid Hosting Experience for Busy Developers"

What do you like best?

Love the DevOps pipeline automation between WordPress clients. Saves me time, money and resources.

What do you dislike?

Cost can be more than needed if only a simple site solution is required (no custom development).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have WordPress/Drupal sites that require a lot of custom development than this is the platform for you, the ease of use for pushing changes up the pipeline from Dev to Testing to Production is magical and allows for solid development practices even with a live production environment.

Can be a bit overkill if you only need a simple, straightforward WordPress install and theme.

Managing several WordPress websites between different levels of development while letting Business users continue content creation on a production version has been the largest immediate benefit of utilizing the platform! Also the ability to spin up free development instances and only get charged when going live is one of the most amazing features to date. It puts other hosting companies to shame.

Pantheon review by John S.
John S.

"Solid Hosting Provider"

What do you like best?

Pantheon really excels at performance. I honestly don't know how they get WordPress sites to operate as fast as they do. It's incredible.

What do you dislike?

-You really don't need a dev environment in their cloud. More ideally, it would just be dev locally, staging/prod in the cloud.

-Very rigid. You have to play by their roles. SSO, cookies, 3rd party tools can be tough to get working in their environment.

-Would love to see more options other than WordPress and Drupal. Support for headless architectures is lacking as well.

-Curious to see how the experiments with CircleCI pay off - continuous integration would be a nice feature that is lacking currently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you homework if you have a very custom setup - it can be complicated to get legacy systems to play nice with Pantheon. I've had to bail on a couple of Pantheon installs because their cookie system is so rigid.

-Biggest win from pantheon is the developer experience. It's just so much easier to get going with their platform than anyone else.

-I love using Lando locally in conjunction with Pantheon. It makes moving the DB around so easy.

-Git based deployments that work out of the box is also a huge win.

Pantheon review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Amazing for all developers or sites that need a great workflow"

What do you like best?

I love the Pantheon workflow, as a developer it is easy to get going and by default the workflow is great. I hope that more developers adopt this kind of workflow. Also, being able to spin up staging sites on the fly to help fix 1 bug or add 1 feature before pushing to prod is great.

What do you dislike?

I haven't tried in a while, but previously I was not happy with the lack of support for sub-modules. So if you wanted to have a repo for a plugin, the Pantheon git flow would not support a sub-module as part of the build flow. I have remedied that by just having another local environment for those plugins and volume mapping so I'm not duplicating code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind Pantheon is not for everyone. If you just use a page builder like Beaver Builder and do not know what GIT or FTP is, you are better of with a more novice or entry level hosting. Pantheon is for power uses, developers, and those who care about their environment and don't want to manage it.

Besides workflow, the ability to create a new multi-dev for a new feature idea or to test out a theory is pretty nice. Also allows me to look at building new things and new plugins and quickly have a playground for them.

Pantheon review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Best way to kick-start a Drupal project"

What do you like best?

The possibility to start a project right at the platform and not have kick start it on my laptop is a killer feature. You can pretty much make a fast prototype inside the pantheon platform. The different environments are the best for taking control of whats on my live site while you are developing. Thanks to this you can implement new features and test them with the actual database in your live site. Having terminus is a great help if you like to do be able to do everything from the command lines as most developer like to, and also gives you advantages, you can make a script that will make a site for you and start working on it right from the CLI.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is not that competitive for a small site, nevertheless, this a solution best suited for big sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do try to implement a solution with them, use the fact that you get access to multiple environments for developing and testing.

Prototyping a website quickly and check if something can be done trivially is brilliant feature. You can actually develop a lot quicker and safer than if you were to have to implement a test and a live environment yourself. The fact that you can rely on Pantheon to handle all the infrastructure is the best possible thing for a web company that wants to focus solely on developing solutions to it's clients.

Pantheon review by Dylan J.
Dylan J.

"Thoughtful and Professional WordPress Hosting "

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the tools for easy setup and management of a multi-environment website. Git integration puts a lot of power and control in my hands and also helps keep developers using a modern professional workflow for building sites, getting them approved, and deploying them safely and reliably.

What do you dislike?

It took our team a little while to get accustomed to the very specific workflows that are required to use the platform correctly/effectively.

The multi-dev abilities are powerful but the branch/name length maximum (11 characters) is limiting.

The lack of a GUI (vs CLI only) for setting your site url and display name. And inability to rename either of them once it has been created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. Lean into the multi-environment workflow and Git deployment.

Restricted workflow creates a better experience for the team and the client. Moving many sites to the platform increases team efficiency and confidence in deployment and quality of the hosting. CDN and HTTPS implementation has practically no configuration necessary.

Pantheon review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Extremely frustrating to work with, but has some perks. "

What do you like best?

Setting up new sites is easy. In theory, maintenance should be a breeze, but that's where some of the problems come into play. Customer service (can be) great when you get the right person.

What do you dislike?

Where do I start. The customer service ranges from great to terrible. On the terrible spectrum, you get people who don't really take time to read your tickets and they tend to talk above you and assume that you know everything technical involved in hosting websites. I have had issues with several of the sites that I have hosted on this platform and some of them couldn't even be solved. Plugin aren't compatible, fatal errors, the list goes on. With NO solution in sight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please make sure you have a capable IT or Web department that you can work with when it comes to this program. I do not like that they assume that you know everything. I can't get straight answers to certain things and it has left me frustrated as hell.

We needed a hosting platform where we would be able to keep track and update 20+ sites at any given time. There IS a benefit to having each of them in one location and being able to work on them in batches.

Pantheon review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Functional programming and terminal code monkey"

What do you like best?

*Did

*What DID I like best?

Multi-Dev for individual users this was literally one of your best features by far. On an enterprise level Im glad that you are keeping it as a legacy item, but on a personal dev level I will be migrating my accounts and builds elsewhere as I would like to add new developers to the projects im working on.

What do you dislike?

Multi Dev is becoming a legacy feature. Anyone worth recommending pantheon have already started the talks to determine where next to migrate to sustain the dev community, as this shuts out new developers who haven't been grandfathered in.

For development I understand the need to manually commit changes, but for practical day to day updates pushed live within the drupal environment it should be an auto commit; I have had co-workers (of the luddite type) that will make micro changes on the live site without informing me and it would be erased when I clear the cache prior to cloning and prepping for upflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I

web presence, information architecture, structural flexibility and adaptability secure enough to last a minimum of 3 years (normally 5-7) with how fast everything is currently moving.

Only benefit: I actually appreciate that you care about your product and do try to provide the best documentation to support users and their decisions. I understand that a majority of your business is enterprise so their needs drive the functionality and usability of the site, as you pointed out in the "your pricing package change" email you sent out. I have benefited from being well informed from the source, as to make healthy decisions moving forward.

Pantheon review by Leo H.
Leo H.

"Best solution for any size project"

What do you like best?

At first glance and activation, pantheon was a rather intimidating platform; It seemed to offer way more than you likely needed to do. However after spending more than a month, managing various client websites, as well as my own companies properties. Major points for easy deployments!

What do you dislike?

I feel like some of the interface has fragmented design aspects, where finding certain configuration settings seems to be rather difficult depending on what page you're on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So the great thing with pantheon is that it lacks a project size bias. Whether you have a small personal project, or you're managing several client domains, Pantheon has a really clean way of organizing this for you. In addition to Pantheons management dashboard, the depth of the settings you can customize your workflow to meet is seemingly endless. Some projects i worked on had specific needs in order to run. Heck, I even spun up a development branch to our marketing site for testing before deployment. It's hard to pass up a service that does virtually everything you may need it to do, but should your needs require any of the above, i believe pantheon is that right choice for you.

The first and largest problem pantheon solves is domain/host management, and deployments. Prior to pantheon, deployments were a very fragile process, and the platform that was being used had terrible source control. Pantheon definitely made project managing a lot easier.

Agency

"Great platform, but can leave you helpless"

What do you like best?

Ease of development workflows. Pantheon is great for tracking code changes and working with teams.

What do you dislike?

Platform reliability and cost. I've experienced at least one issue each month with workflows not working, and even the entire platform being down at one point.

When the platform goes down, you are completely helpless. You're left trying to open tickets and waiting on Pantheon engineers to resolve your issues. Given that the platform costs significantly more than other alternatives, this is really frustrating. I've migrated major sites off of the platform because the Enterprise level service is not affordable and the self serve plans do not afford sufficient control.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pantheon is a good fir for businesses who will use teams to work on their website, but do not have the technical experience to leverage cloud platforms live AWS. For businesses that do have technical expertise, Pantheon could be very frustrating because you lose control.

Pantheon offers a well defined work flow to control development process among teams.

Pantheon review by Administrator

"Robust features for the savvy web developer"

What do you like best?

Pantheon's host of features are great! It's easy to maintain and consistently update multiple sites running on the same platform and is perfect for businesses that manage hundreds of thousands of websites that need to be maintained on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the servers go down on Pantheon and it affects all sites running on the platform. This can be a major setback combined with the wrong workflow of a company and it gets frustrating that these issues come up and there's little to no control on the developer's side of things to mitigate these issues from frequently happening.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a web hosting platform that makes it easy to manage hundreds of thousands of websites built on the same architecture with some useful automation on the side, Pantheon is the way to go!

Being able to update hundreds of websites running on wordpress at the same time has been a major boon for our business and allows us to spin up and develop sites for clients quickly.

Pantheon review by Administrator

"A great tool for multi-faceted teams"

What do you like best?

As a designer, I love how easy it is for a non-developer. The designers and producers here can set up the CMS for the client using advanced custom fields in Wordpress. It allows our developers to focus on what they need to work on (the code) while we can do some of the admin work. Pantheon is user friendly and really caters to a team collaborative environment, as it's easy to pick up and implement to the team.

What do you dislike?

Switching back and forth between environments sometimes is something the team forgets to do. I wonder if there is a better way to make that clearer what environment you are in? I have committed my fields to the wrong environment before, because I dont always know exactly what environment I am in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of the best tools when making advanced custom fields for Wordpress, and it very easy to commit the fields.

Setting up fields in Wordpress but allowing the producers and designers to be able to take part in this has been tremendously helpful as it creates a team first mentality and allows all members of the team to take part.

Pantheon review by Mladen .
Mladen .

"Pantheon is fantastic service for both learning, showcasing or serious big or small development."

What do you like best?

— Ability to have free projects.

— command line tools

— fantastic environment to work in

— streamlined web ui

— almost everything I need as a developer

What do you dislike?

I remember there were Drupal distributions represented, now they don't seem to be there, like Commerce Kickstart?

Also, I think there should be some basic templates to help people start with both Drupal and/or WordPress.

There could be option for other CMS/plain PHP/node based projects but with same environment and tools?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I found Pantheon more complete and stable than other Drupal solutions. As an old professional, I prefer using command line tools whenever I can and for whatever I need and that is where Pantheon fits perfectly.

Pantheon service is fast, reliable and I never had a doubt or a problem I needed explanation.

I'm with Pantheon since their beginning and although I tried other solutions as well, I still find Pantheon to be superior to others.

I mostly teach students to code but also work on projects. I use Pantheon to help students learn serious development practice like local/stage development and collaboration.

i use Pantheon to develop and stage projects that I work on for my clients, both as end users or other agencies where I am subcontractor.

I also recommend using Pantheon as a tool for development and collaboration when I'm hired as consultant for third parties.

The most important benefits for me are completeness of the platform, its stability and the way they improve it over time.

Pantheon review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Pantheon is now my first choice for Drupal Hosting"

What do you like best?

I'm not a professional developer but as a digital marketer who loves Drupal, Pantheon makes it easy to keep my sites up to date. Trying to keep Drupal core and modules current can be a challenge unless you have a a developer in your pocket. Pantheon makes that unnecessary.

You also get a free development sandbox to play with, that comes with all the trappings of a live site without the custom domain name. Once you decide to flip the switch, it's pretty easy and reasonably priced.

What do you dislike?

Well....that I have to pay for it? :D They are reasonably priced tho

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a non-developer, make sure that any developers you hire/contract are very familiar with the CMS you plan on using, be it Drupal, WP, or something else.

I don't have to keep a developer on staff to keep Drupal core and modules up to date. I only have to hire a developer to do actual web work on the site.

Pantheon review by User in Internet

"Git + Wordpress = Happiness"

What do you like best?

I can use a more standard professional web developer workflow through different environments and the ability to use git. Pantheon takes the dev-ops headache away for us and allows us to just focus on making the site better. I really like the new ability to use Lando which makes local dev as simple as spinning up a Docker container.

What do you dislike?

The multi-dev workflow is really nice but takes time to wrap your head around. Getting a local version set up with MAMP is a pain and problematic but now you can use Lando.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wordpress hosting and management can be tricky and stressful. Pantheon takes the stress away and allows us to push the limit of our site quicker and with confidence.

We have a robust blog that has solid uptime. Our visitors benefit the most but we can also have multiple devs now working on different parts of the site with less fear. The automatic backup feature and on demand backup takes the stress away when updating PHP versions or a group of plugins all at one time.

Pantheon review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Hosting + Web Dev the way it should be"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can easily SFTP into the site, that Git is already part of the workflow, that it has a workflow of dev -> test -> live, and that multidev support fits nicely into that model.

What do you dislike?

I keep running into a timeout issue and I've not able to track it down or reproduce it when their tech team is looking at it. It's typically a 502 or 503 error where the page cannot be loaded for some reason. I'd like to know how best to escalate to someone who can set aside time and actually look into this instead of being handed off to people with varying degrees of skill and/or interest in helping me solve the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spin-up a test account, kick the tires, look under the hood, and you'll realize there's a lot going on behind the scenes to make your job easier and to allow you to focus on dev and less on server management

In the past we hosted on AWS and had to deal with ELB (elastic load balancers) and multiple front-ends. Also the relational database server (RDS) and making our own back-ups. Lastly, patching our Linux OS and dealing with watching out for the latest security exploits. Now, that's all handled for us.

We also had to spin-up our own dev and test environments. Now that's just part of the established workflow. Multidev support folds perfectly into the model making it easy for a multi-developer team.

Pantheon review by Wolf B.
Wolf B.

"Easily one of the top WordPress hosts on the planet"

What do you like best?

The Pantheon Workflow is easily the best feature. I can start building a clients site with no charge. Once I have it ready, and the client approves it, I can easily launch the site either to my account, or the customers. I love this! And the ability to test changes without fear of breaking the live site is amazing.

What do you dislike?

The price is a bit more than I would like, but at the same time, it is fair for what you get.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work with clients, you need pantheon. Stop paying for hosting sites while in development. Stage them free and when you are ready for a site to go live, switch it to a paid plan to get the best features and support!

I used to be forced to set up complicated server platforms in order to get a true test of a site. But with Pantheons workflow, I can test a site in an identical environment to the live environment. So I know for a fact the site will not break once I push it live.

Pantheon review by Elizabeth D.
Elizabeth D.

"Best practices are built-in"

What do you like best?

Pantheon offers best practices, built in to their infrastructure. It is thus easy to help other developers get up to speed using git, 3-stage deployment, https with a custom CDN, etc.

What do you dislike?

File updates are a bit slower than I would like. I was able to work around that by caching md5 hashes so they didn't have to be recalculated each time files were compared.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are already set up using git, automated tools for code deployment, and site and server management, then you might not need pantheon. But if you don't have all that, or some of your developers need to be brought up to speed, try pantheon - it is a joy to use.

We were able to move to a single bitbucket-hosted codebase without requiring drupal multisite architecture. We've got a site template that lets us spin up a site with a click, and then start creating content right away. Code updates and changes are a breeze. We use drush and terminus to script operations against 100 sites at one time. Runs very smoothly.

Pantheon review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Painless Switch, Increased Performance, Greater Efficiency"

What do you like best?

The version control and dev / test / live structure are huge gains for us. The write-only live site files improves security, the free SSL certificates are a bonus, and the lack of a bundled email service helps us recommend services such as G Suite instead of having to wrangle the headache of email ourselves. .

What do you dislike?

Not being able to host DNS at Pantheon is a minor inconvenience, but we understand the reasoning behind it. We did have to make adjustments to our WordPress SOPs re: security (Wordfence), caching (WP Super Cache) and site optimization (.htaccess code snippets and redirects), but it was easy enough to adapt our processes to accommodate Pantheon's preferred workflows.

With Pantheon's container-based platform, we were able to reclaim a large part of our time that was previously being spent performing server admin tasks. Version control was also something we'd struggled with implementing in the past, and Pantheon's integrated solution makes it a breeze. The multidev option also allows us to grant access to

Pantheon review by Mitty C.
Mitty C.

"Speed, Backups, and Reliability - We love Pantheon"

What do you like best?

We love the lightning fast speeds of its built-in optimization for Wordpress-based websites, the uptime reliability, the automatic daily backups, the automatic core updates to Wordpress, and the multiple development environments. Pantheon gives us the peace of mind we need so that we can focus on web development and digital marketing projects, and never have to worry about websites going down. The multiple development environments also make it incredibly easy for our team to work on new versions of websites all in one place without disrupting the live traffic.

What do you dislike?

We just wish there was more of a discount for bulk accounts, so we could get more of our accounts onto Pantheon!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend more bulk account discounts. Pantheon still is a huge cost difference versus purchasing a dedicated server or a VPS option. I would love to see a Pantheon semi-dedicated server option or 20+ account option that makes it affordable per account. Our agency also provides pro bono hosting for non-profits and does this at a ratio about 1 pro bono hosted account for every 6 paid accounts we have. At the moment for us, it's difficult to move off of our dedicated server because adding our pro bono accounts to Pantheon is so costly.

Having been in the web development business for over 10 years, I have worked with dozens of different web hosting companies. There are so many hosting companies that it's easy to get lost in the mix, and to choose the cheapest provider. We've done that before and have had some horror stories. Pantheon is our host of choice because when you have a website, you need it to be up 100% of the time, 24/7, 365 days a year; we're happy to say that our Pantheon based sites have never gone down! With Wordpress-based sites, there are often security vulnerabilities -- we love how Pantheon provides some built-in security through the automatic core updates, but more importantly the daily automated backups that happen, allowing you to roll back to a clean version whenever you need to.

Pantheon review by Christopher W.
Christopher W.

"Great product tiers, helpful support"

What do you like best?

My absolutely favorite feature of Pantheon's platform is multidev. The ability to spin up multiple test instances powered by their own branch allows us to work in parallel on a number of different features and get client acceptance per feature, and then use the regular dev as an integration point.

What do you dislike?

Some of the architectural choices do leave some restrictions, but Pantheon support generally has a workaround for them.

We are a shop that uses a number of different hosting platforms. Compared with other platforms out there, Pantheon feels the most cutting edge, allowing us to utilize new ideas in the Drupal space more rapidly than we are able to with other platforms.

Pantheon review by Jonathan G.
Jonathan G.

"Probably one of the best web hosting platforms for WordPress and Drupal on the internet"

What do you like best?

I mostly appreciate the Multi-Dev capabilities and the fact that you can automatically implement a full Dev-Stg-Prod flow in WordPress with a few clicks

What do you dislike?

We've had some trouble with their caching services (Varnish) etc as well as some difficulties with domain and SSL settings. However, they've made some recent improvements to these areas, but we already have alternative solutions setup so we haven't tried them again recently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you don't need a massively scalable and highly available WordPress setup (which would require a custom hosting solution), then Pantheon is probably the best way to go out there for WordPress hosting at least. I don't know enough about Drupal to be able to say if it's the best there too.

WordPress hosting is now a no-brainer. We are also using AWS, and hosting WordPress in AWS can be....complicated. Here at Pantheon, it's totally effortless.

Pantheon review by Administrator

"Good product and even better support"

What do you like best?

Everyone I've interacted with from the sales team to the migration team to the support team has been top-notch. The product is straightforward and much better than hosting Wordpress ourselves.

What do you dislike?

We have a very custom setup (proxy server sitting in front of Pantheon and another blog system) so it's been a bit tricky getting everything to play nicely. This has more to do with our use case than with Pantheon itself, but it's been the biggest source of pain so far.

We used to just have a single wordpress instance. If we wanted to make any changes then we had to make those changes in production. This caused us to be scared of making any significant changes, most importantly we had not updated wordpress to the latest security patches. Panethon allows us to make changes much more quickly and trust that those changes won't bring the site down

Pantheon review by Duane T.
Duane T.

"Great Wordpress and Drupal hosting solution"

What do you like best?

The development and deployment experience on Pantheon is excellent, using familiar tools, but also provided some specialized command-line tools for those who need it. Also, the ability to use Pantheon for free for small prototypes or proof-of-concept projects is awesome. The fact that both Wordpress and Drupal are support with basically the same development and deployment processes is also very nice.

What do you dislike?

It has been a while since I have worked with Pantheon due to a job change, but there was no phone support available for critical production issues. I am not sure if that is still the case.

Back when I was using Pantheon more, we wanted a platform that was easy to use for developers building serious Drupal websites. Drupal is, by and large, a pain in the ass, but Pantheon eases a lot of that pain. Especially when it comes to Drupal 8.

Pantheon review by Dustin B.
Dustin B.

"Pantheon Services for Drupal/WordPress Freelancers"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can spin out Drupal Distributions to be able test new systems and easily move code and databases using the environmental workflow.

What do you dislike?

There is very little I dislike with the services. I've never had any problems with site during development. The only thing that is slightly annoying, but understandable is the automatic archiving of sites if you haven't logged in recently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pantheon has great services and is committed to the Open Source community.

Pantheon allows me to rapidly spin up sites and then easily bring them back down to my local development environment. This allows me to be more efficient with my time.

Pantheon review by Nick C.
Nick C.

"A solid option for websites that need performance and multiple environments"

What do you like best?

The dev/test/live workflow is great and "multidev" is a lifesaver for larger/complex projects. Automatic backups and restores are also pretty amazing and seamless. Supporting git and SFTP modes gives us flexibility in how we handle different client needs.

What do you dislike?

The tendency for MySQL connections to change ports/passwords when instances are restarted causes some friction/frustration but it's a minor annoyance. Some SFTP clients that try to remember which folder you were in can get confused by the changing instance names. Migrating some sites that have extra stuff in the webroot can be a pain (but that's technical debt, not Pantheon's fault).

Pantheon's workflow streamlined our workflow by giving us a ready to go and battle-tested approach to managing the quirks of running WordPress in multiple environments. It's saved us time, hassle, and a great deal of sanity during a period of fast growth for our agency.

Pantheon review by Will L.
Will L.

"A lot of tradeoffs, not clear if we end up better off"

What do you like best?

Ease of backups, deployment, spin up of environments.

Some of the additional features like New Relic, and the CDN are big wins.

It's also nice that the platform was able to protect against some of the latest high-profile security exploits.

What do you dislike?

The platform still seems shaky. I've used it for years, it used to be horrendous, better now but still seems to let me down when I really need to get stuff done.

The actual CI/CD is a nightmare. I would not be comfortable deploying a high-profile site without an entirely separate chain of build tools.

It also really stinks that "dealing with Pantheon" is a skillset/industry all to itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's fine for basic use. If you've got complex development requirements be prepared to work around the Pantheon.

We're using this for mostly smaller/simple sites. The tools seem to work well to support this case.

Pantheon review by Ofer S.
Ofer S.

"Used to be awesome, and now it's not"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, it just works, can take care of performance very well, running DevOps is so easy

What do you dislike?

the new pricing while reducing features, and lately performance were not good

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business, you are out of luck, because this product just became way pricier than it used to. If you have a website that needs great performance, and you want to sleep quietly at night, this is probably your best option today to get as an amazing hosting provider for Drupal.

DevOps, no need to worry that the site will stop working. easy to work with a team on a project.

Pantheon review by Joseph K.
Joseph K.

"Standardize your Hosting with Pantheon"

What do you like best?

Pantheon workflow between Dev, Test, and Live. It's great to have this workflow pre-setup for you, and there's no worries about going forward. Additionally, I like the process of taking a website live. It's clear and concise. The DNS information provided is helpful, and can be easily copied.

What do you dislike?

The servers are sometimes slow, and DEV is most likely the slowest. The DEV servers go to sleep if they're inactive for awhile, and are sluggish for awhile when they wake up. Sometimes the Pantheon search + replace doesn't work foolproof.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review platform restrictions

Creative Agency standardized our workflow, and removed a lot of system administration headaches.

Pantheon review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Pretty Great Hosting"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, great documentation, and you can actually see git history on the admin interface -- unlike Acquia.

What do you dislike?

Hmm. Terminus has a learning curve -- but we had great training at the start and the documentation is pretty good. Using a different upstream makes things a bit tricky, too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will have the easiest experience if you start a totally new build on Pantheon and use their Upstream to build on top of.

As a dev, I recommend you make use of Terminus. It's extremely helpful.

It's just made our entire hosting infrastructure so much better, and a lot less painful. We spend a lot less time on devops now and can focus more on the work of building and maintaining sites for our clients. More than any platform I've used, Pantheon does not get in the way of my job.

Pantheon review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"Bulletproof workflow and support."

What do you like best?

The workflow ensures best practices and presents many opportunities to avoid and theme, plugin, or other issues. Their support team is fast and accurate in responses, they actually know what they are talking about and can provide real developer level support.

What do you dislike?

No issues at all in day to day use. I just wish there were more plan option to support even small websites. The initial setup does require some learning if you are not familiar with GIT. It is sometimes slow to setup codebase access for a new device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the workflow with a lower level account and then upgrade as needed.

The workflow of going from GIT to sandbox, staging, and then live with their streamlined dashboard is the easiest and most bulletproof WordPress development environment I've used. And, their support is great and fast if you do need it.

Pantheon review by Emily V.
Emily V.

"Awesome for Developers"

What do you like best?

The dev, test, live, and multidev environments are awesome.

What do you dislike?

Pantheon isn't the easiest for non-technical people to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth the price point. However, if you don't have a technical team, it may be challenging for you to get used to their system. It's certainly possible, but it will take time.

Two primary problems:

1. Fast, reliable hosting for my company's website

2. An appealing hosting solution for clients.

When we moved the Bop site to Pantheon, we saw a big uptick in page load speed, which contributes to our SEO.

It's so much easier to sell clients on a third-party hosting solution when we have a company like Pantheon to refer them to. Pantheon's resources and support team are a great help in avoiding the mess that is working with a client's internal IT to set up a server.

Pantheon review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Peace of mind while running a cloud based hosting."

What do you like best?

Pantheon's turnkey 3 environments workflow and the fact that we don't have to worry about server maintenance is what sold me on Pantheon. The superb customer support is bonus.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to ssh directly to the server as root was hard to get used to and the not having a static IP for outgoing mail for the pro tier is not ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using the sandbox account to develop a site or two before making the switch. I am confident that once it is tried making a switch would be a no-brainer.

Server updates and maintenance is non-existent which frees time and resources to app development. Spinning a new site is a breeze and the ability to manage teams and assign ownership to clients as well as having client pay directly is very helpful on running our business.

Pantheon review by John R.
John R.

"Fits the gap between needing control and not wanting to set stuff up"

What do you like best?

For me, (and I this might be unique to my situation) he terminus command line utility is what sets Pantheon apart from other managed WP and Drupal hosts.

What do you dislike?

It's a lot of overhead to get other folks in my company comfortable with things like needing to update locally. We are a WP shop and it's forced me to develop another method of keeping site plugins updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you're able to take advantage of their dev pipeline, because that's the main draw.

It allows me to easily access things like New Relic and have a lot of confidence that our specific sites are being handled well, so it's easier for us to sell our solution, which is to let us handle the more difficult dev problems and leave the client's in-house staff free to deal with less difficult problems.

Pantheon review by Rob G.
Rob G.

"Great service"

What do you like best?

The development environment is awesome. It’s super quick and easy to spin up staging sites for my client projects, or even for testing out new ideas.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes migrating a development site to a different server can be complicated, e.g. with a WordPress site, the ‘uploads’ folder in the Pantheon install is not in the same location as it is with an out of the box install. This isn’t really a dislike, just a minor inconvenience since it adds an extra step in the migration process.

The ease of spinning up free development sites for clients before committing to the cost of hosting.

Pantheon review by Ken F.
Ken F.

"Pantheon works great with our development process"

What do you like best?

The multidev option is great for development and having several developers working on different aspects of the site. We also use Lando for creating a local development environment, once you get over the initial hurdle of getting Lando working, very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to see the code repository on the dashboard. There were occasions where I wanted to see the history of file changes without having to do git clone.

Needed a solid hosting provider for WordPress sites and to quickly backup sites, spin up a multi-site for new features, and quick response times for hosting issues.

Pantheon review by Iztok S.
Iztok S.

"Pantheon is excellent for digital agencies"

What do you like best?

The interface and documentation are much superior to competitive solutions. The pricing is also much more attractive to SME which is better for us since we can recommend an affordable hosting solution that we also like to work with.

What do you dislike?

I am 100% satisfied with Pantheon and it's platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Pantheon to every web agency that does not want to handle hosting on their own. Pantheon has great solutions for agencies to have one single dashboard for their Drupal and Wordpress websites in one place.

Pantheon enables our developers to develop and deploy Drupal websites faster and without hustle. We always recommend Pantheon to our customers, who are digital agencies, because this helps them later on since support and maintenance are much easier than on other hosting solutions.

Pantheon review by Randy O.
Randy O.

"Pantheon is easy to work with and use."

What do you like best?

Pantheon is a fully-engaged and personable hosting solution. When you have issues you are directed to a person who *want to solve* your problem.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a pricing tier for hobbyists, e.g. sub $20.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get in touch with them. They will talk you through options for solutions with the benefit of seeing how good their customer service is.

I work at a digital agency, Four Kitchens, and we make use of them for a large portion of our clients and our own site. The ease of use for developers makes it our go to solution.

Pantheon review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Next Level Service, best WP host we've ever used"

What do you like best?

The Enterprise tier is extremely technically savvy with great technical support, unlike our other (popular) hosting service. I love that they've built it with containers and on top of a modern google cloud computing platform. Very different experience than with another popular wordpress hosting service (where we were paying more)

What do you dislike?

The sales and onboarding process took a while-- longer than expected. It's complex and it's very logical, but requires a bit of a learning curve. I didn't like some of the haggling that went on for the Elite Pricing, but it was cheaper than what we were paying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The top enterprise "elite" money was worth it for the piece of mind, but not sure how it differed from the regular pantehon enterprise.

We're much faster, we're seeing better SEO results and we're more stable.

Pantheon review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Good, but new pricing system not good for small sites anymore."

What do you like best?

Managed servers are good, the new Lando system for local development is also well thought out and easy to use. Being able to spin up a dev site for free with a publicly-accessible URL is great for proofs of concept, too.

What do you dislike?

The new pricing system is no longer friendly to smaller sites, which is disappointing. The pricing has increased from $25/month to $50/month (while removing features) for the base level. Hard to not look elsewhere for smaller Drupal installs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the cost is ok with you, I recommend it.

Mostly side projects and small business sites.

Pantheon review by Jack P.
Jack P.

"Pantheon is good, but has some limitations"

What do you like best?

That there are 3 options for environments. I like that it takes away all the server and network management. There is less time spent in configuring this Pantheon beast and more time spent deploying and iterating.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the pricing for small time developers and website owners. It's too much. I don't like having to pay extra to get a custom domain name. That seems like a reason for me to host it myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the SFTP and module updating for Drupal not cause an outage of Git deployments.

I have a small blog site on a free membership for Pantheon. It sees limited updates.

I've run production drupal websites on pantheon. Those are still in production and run great.

There's almost no downtime. Not that many issues besides performance sometimes.

Pantheon review by Kyle T.
Kyle T.

"Pantheon One | A One-Stop Shop for Agencies"

What do you like best?

By far, the interface, ease-of-use, and support provided by Pantheon is hands down one of the best in the industry. The tools implemented to help manage teams, set up a development process, and launch sites has never been easier. Every site gets a performance boost with the addition of the global CDN and built-in SSL certificates with Let's Encrypt.

What do you dislike?

If you need to host a Drupal site as a multisite, or need to install external software on the same system, unfortunately you're out of luck.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a solid Drupal host that's easy to understand and gives you all the tools you need to run a website efficiently without worrying about devops, Pantheon is definitely the way to go.

Pantheon simplifies site management, development, and deployment for our entire organization.

Pantheon review by Trent W.
Trent W.

"An Excellent, "No-Brainer", Multi-Dev Platform"

What do you like best?

The Pantheon multi-dev environment for site development and staged deployment is by far the easiest and most robust platform for managing just one to many websites.

What do you dislike?

The pricing tier is much better than Acquia but still out of reach for many of my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare to Acquia and then revel in the cost & time savings.

I've been a Drupal developer for many years working with other platforms such as Acquia & others. Pantheon exceeds them with its ease-of-use UI, benefits of overall costs & time saving in both development & project management.

Pantheon review by Brett T.
Brett T.

"Pantheon is a "

What do you like best?

Integrated git and sftp support, multi-dev environments, and easy management tools and dashboard are a breeze to work with.

What do you dislike?

not really a dislike, but the upstream code vs downstream content took a little bit of getting used to; but once we did, it's a great feature to make sure you aren't breaking/overwriting anything on the live environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth giving a try for companies with large numbers of managed sites

We're able to provide our clients amazing hosting and CMS management, and Patheon helped us to unify/standardize our workflow across all sites

Pantheon review by Jigar M.
Jigar M.

"Pantheon is Love... Pantheon is Life..."

What do you like best?

The ability to spin-up dev environments from any Git branch. I always talk about that feature when I recommend Pantheon to a friend.

What do you dislike?

Certain features are missing in the dashboard. I've already sent many suggestions, but haven't seen any big changes yet. Pantheon support told me they had some major dashboard updates coming soon? Not sure.

We are hosting many sites on Pantheon. We moved our agency's site to Pantheon recently as a part of the "Pantheon partner program". When the client doesn't have a hosting provider in mind, we recommend Pantheon.

Pantheon review by Vicky M.
Vicky M.

"Amazing Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The different environments for development (dev->test->live). Multidev environments. Customer service is very helpful and timely. Git compatibility. Huge knowledge database.

What do you dislike?

Pantheon service is limited to only Drupal and Wordpress. Expensive for low traffic sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their customer service is fantastic!!!

Complex sites being redesigned are less 'messy' to merge content with the multiple dev environments ability to migrate sites easily with Pantheon's migration tool.

In many situations our agency has used the multi dev environments for redesigns.

There were also some instances when pushing new code from dev->test->live, issues have been noticed while in test that avoided catastrophes if it were pushed straight to live.

If I am having issues with sites that I cannot resolve on my own, with nearly anything, contacting the customer service is always helpful.

"Pantheon for a newbie"

What do you like best?

I like the idea of all they have and the way the system runs to maintain codebase during the development of a Drupal site.

What do you dislike?

This is not really a dislike of Pantheon but from someone who is relatively new to Drupal and a few other technologies like Drush, Composer and GIT, it would be really nice to have a detailed (with videos) step by step guide to creating and setting up a new Drupal site including how to install a Drupal distribution as a starting point. I have a few high traffic Drupal clients that I need to move over to something like Pantheon but can't seem to get past the initial setup stage on a few things.

Managing code versions during the development phase.

Pantheon review by steve o.
steve o.

"Very pleased "

What do you like best?

Ease of handoff to client and pass thru billing.

What do you dislike?

The new pricing. The $50 minimum has been a hard sell. Even to customers who will be going higher the high base rate seems to freak folks out bc of the dearth if super low crap hosts out there. Not comparable but it’s a psychological barrier we’re finding that makes clients have us look at other options.

The handoff and direct billing has been great. As has the free dev as our projects are often delayed before launch.

Pantheon review by Tom W.
Tom W.

"Fantastic Solution for Newbies"

What do you like best?

Being able to sandbox a site without any upfront cost or having to configure a local stack is a really big deal. The Drupal install was fast and easy and I like the ability to move updates from dev to live.

What do you dislike?

As a newbie, Drupal is hard. It just is. I'd like to see Pantheon partner with someone to deliver a few quality classes on Drupal and Wordpress so that people don't need to hunt those down independently.

I'm working on developing a replacement site for a mid-sized city to replace the aging site we have. I haven't really achieved anything yet, but I have been able to get a much longer leash at my office because I have a platform to develop on.

Pantheon review by Diane V.
Diane V.

"I am profoundly grateful for your training webinars"

What do you like best?

My job tasks require me to be versed in multiple technologies. Pantheon provides amazing webinars and I love receiving email notifications of upcoming sessions. At times I realize that a webinar will cover information that isn't even on my radar yet, but really should be.

What do you dislike?

I wish Pantheon had a subscription level for non-profit businesses. There are limited funds for me to draw from, and it would be nice to have a lower price subscription (or even free...hint...hint) to take to my supervisor for approval.

While I am a front-end-developer/social-media-team-member/designer I have a great thirst for all info web development related. Pantheon introduces me to topics and training in areas I currently need, and areas I can see I will need in the future.

Pantheon review by Jonathan A.
Jonathan A.

"Pantheon is an excellent hosting platform"

What do you like best?

Aside from being an affordable hosting solution, my development team loves having the ability to utilize Pantheon's built-in staging platform. We also like the built-in CDN and LetsEncrypt functionality.

What do you dislike?

We have not had any significant issues with Pantheon and those that we have had were remedied by Pantheon's support team.

We needed a reliable, managed hosting solution to develop and host our client's Wordpress sites on that gave us the ability to integrate our github repos while also providing a CDN and SSL within each subscription.

Pantheon review by Scott O.
Scott O.

"Great tool for growing organizations"

What do you like best?

Version control, SFTP/Git flexibility, speed and reliability. It is a true professional hosting environment at a fraction of the cost and difficulty it would take to roll our own servers at scale.

What do you dislike?

price is a big jump from shared hosting services. Seems worth it, but it is still a difficult jump. occasionally it can be a bit tricky for non tech staff to navigate simple things like wordpress upgrades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. It is a solid tool for Wordpress users. The speed jump from shared hosting is very obvious.

Our old hosting was slow and got bogged down with heavy traffic. Today we don't have to worry about server load when we plan online events that correspond to our large scale "real world" events.

Pantheon review by Anthony W.
Anthony W.

"Great service with a streamlined flow"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I look like a real agency with a test, dev and live site for each Wordpress site that we create. I also like that we have terminal access to pretty much every single action that I would need to do, but there's also way to complete the action in the web app. Superb!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to go through a ton of hoops to update my Wordpress version. This could be a one-off case, but with my personal site I haven't been update to update in almost a year.

Having a streamlined process and ways for my team to work together on one website. The GIT integration definitely helps speed up our development process.

Pantheon review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Pantheon has made life so much easy"

What do you like best?

Pantheon is very user-friendly. Anyone without prior experience can use Pantheon easily. Creating instance, deployment of code from development environment to test environment and then to live environment can me done with just a click.

What do you dislike?

There should be some option to ignore some files that should not be deployed to test or live environment.

There should be an option to assign a name/note for our Backup(s) created along with the date. It helps in faster revert in case of any issue.

All the instances namely, Dev, test and live are hosted in same place so it makes CI/CD very easy and smoothly. The option of creating auto backup makes life easier and we need not to worry about it.

Pantheon review by Jordan B.
Jordan B.

"Pantheon is pretty much awesome"

What do you like best?

Pantheon makes it really easy to spin up, administer, update, and deploy changes to multiple Drupal websites. The dev-test-live workflow they've created is kind of like magic, since code changes and databases can be transferred from one environment to another in no time. The one-click backup restoration feature has saved me at least once from accidental data loss (which was my fault), and restoring from backup was so simple, I gained even greater confidence in the system. And Pantheon loves agencies so much they let us use the platform essentially for free while we build our client's websites.

What do you dislike?

Ticket response times are slower than I'd like. I also frequently receive "Platform Operations status" emails noting problems with the system, and while these emails are welcome — transparency is a good thing — they have the side effect of making it seem like Pantheon is breaking down all the time, which is not actually the case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ain't nobody got time to build deployment workflows — the time you spend doing that prevents you from doing billable work. Do yourself a favor and use Pantheon instead.

Pantheon has saved us countless hundreds (thousands?) of hours that we would have had to spend configuring servers, creating hosting accounts, and building a dev-test-live workflow on our own. We're able to create custom Drupal upstreams that simplify site creation and module updates — the basic work has to be done only once and can then be merged with existing sites or be cloned to create new sites.

Pantheon review by Andrew H.
Andrew H.

"Pantheon Review - Andy Hawks"

What do you like best?

Great hosting service overall. Speedy. Clear, easy-to-use dev/test/live workflow. Terminus is nice for cli.

What do you dislike?

only minor particular platform constraints w/ wordpress, drupal. Full or partial site migrations not the easiest thing w/ Pantheon.

I use Pantheon for hosting friends & family and hobby-related organizational sites in Drupal/Wordpress, and for quick testing on work Drupal projects. For me it's a great alternative to Acquia in terms of services, but a much better value for the money than Acquia.

Pantheon review by Sebastian N.
Sebastian N.

"Great flexibility for developers"

What do you like best?

Spinning up feature branch environments has been very handy. Features can be shown to key players quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Though the flexibility is there for spinning multi-environments, it would be nice to not be locked down by the master branch on the deployment of code from DEV > TEST > PROD.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Development teams thrive with Pantheon.

Peace of mind for managing the servers. Uptime is pretty reliable. Having the free SSL option is very useful. This helps reduce costs that are often seen as an after thought. Pantheon has made it very easy for customers to have a secure site without having the hassle of ordering an SSL until they want more protection/privacy.

Pantheon review by Agency in Accounting
Agency in Accounting

"A Great WordPress or Drupal Platform"

What do you like best?

The Pantheon offerings are easy to understand for all subscription levels, and the actual WordPress and Drupal managed hosting services are state of the art for many needs, from the smallest organization to the largest. Development and deployment is made super easy by the platform. As an Agency, it was very easy to setup both WordPress and Drupal websites for clients, and then easily pass along ownership and billing.

Pantheon support is excellent, and having met parts of the Pantheon team in person, they are great people.

What do you dislike?

There are certain use-cases that won't fit within the managed Pantheon ecosystem, mainly around custom software that would need to run server-side. It's not a bad thing because most of the time, my clients' needs fit well within the platform capabilities.

With organizations who don't have dedicated technical or IT resources, and where operations do not have technical savvy, it's a great solution that fits within budgets, and is mainly hands-off, so they can worry about administering their WordPress or Drupal site and not about what's under the hood. For the development team, the ease of development and deployment reduces engineering overhead. You only have to worry about the site and not the infrastructure.

Pantheon review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Great service"

What do you like best?

The environment is well thought out and I the fact that I can do everything I need through terminal commands is excellent for managing multiple environments or projects within Pantheon. Being able to spend more time developing sites and less time dealing with server configurations or setup has been a great benefit for our staff and clients since we can spend more time making awesome sites.

What do you dislike?

Having to switch back and forth between SFTP and GIT to upload files and then ensure that they are committed. Would be great if there was a way to still SFTP and have the files tracked via GIT at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great way to build a solid hosting platform with a trusted provider so you can manage your business and not servers.

Hosting was our main concern with the sites that we developed. The real added benefits that we got with Pantheon was scalability and reliability on all our hosted client sites, which allowed our customers to grow and not be bottlenecked by hosting resources. Less time managing servers was another added benefit since you can spin up a generic site or a customized upstream quite easily when dealing with larger implementations that require the same plugins / themes.

Pantheon review by Cory F.
Cory F.

"Great for what it does"

What do you like best?

WordPress integration

Multi-dev support

No dev-ops

Security (no need for a lot of plugins like WordFence)

Free SSL

What do you dislike?

It's a bit limiting that you can only have 'master' deploy to dev and test. This is mitigated with "multidevs"

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can try it out for free. Check out their "platform consideration" page (google it). It contains a number of hurdles that are common with their platform.

eCommerce as well as branded websites using WordPress and Drupal.

Pantheon review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Great Platform, Continually Evolving."

What do you like best?

Pantheon really shines in their approach to a streamlined user experience for managing your sites, not unlike Wordpress itself. Dashboards, integrations and services are very polished, intuitive and easy to use.

Where they go the extra mile is their commitment to the communities and architecture once you look under the hood. Pantheon continues to surprise in their thoughtful dedication in how they approach their "stack" and provide useful tools for developers to build on top of their environment.

What do you dislike?

The enviroment is also a double edged short. In order to have great performance and support, there is hard and fast rules for what you can and can't do as a developer within their platform. This can be stifling at times and really will vary on a site by site basis.

Make sure when considering Pantheon you research these limitations and work with them to identify if they are the fit for you. They have a methodology and requirements which may not suit all sites.

Pantheon provided a scalable solution that made it easy to work with some of more heavy duty clients freeing up our developers to focus on the project and not the hosting stack.

Pantheon review by Agency in Computer Software
Agency in Computer Software

"Hands down the best vendor we work with"

What do you like best?

Pantheon is always innovating their product to stay inline or ahead of industry best practices. Their tools are second to none, and polished to the point that we can include non-technical personnel in the development process. They are incredibly attentive to our needs, and offer valuable guidance on how we can better use their platform. We get an immense amount of value from this platform in terms of infrastructure and tools.

What do you dislike?

Finding things we dislike becomes increasingly difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you manage a development workflow right now using custom infrastructure, you do not know yet what you are missing. Between multi-devs, Terminus, and a number of other tools, Pantheon will transform your process, make your developers better at what they do, and bring stresses about availability down to a minimum.

Pantheon offers tools for our support teams to push approved changes to live customer sites, tools for developers to quickly test and deploy changes, and a stable, managed infrastructure that our DevOps team does not need to worry about.

Pantheon review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Decent, but aimed more at vendors than clients"

What do you like best?

Makes most things very easy. Good dashboard, plenty of good options for good developer practices. Solid command-line tool. Good support usually, when you can get it.

What do you dislike?

Clearing caches is unreliable. Too many commands time out from the command line tool or fail with error numbers and zero explanation and nothing comes up on Google. Docs are a mix of old and new information and are an utter chaotic mess, sometimes great, sometimes awful, usually hard to find. Support chat is rarely available (no reply for 20 minutes and I quit) and most support requests end up being tickets and email-driven. Support good otherwise. Dashboard tells me 1200 times a day that the dashboard isn't refreshing properly. Doesn't matter how many times I x it out... it just keeps coming back. Tons of 500 or 50* errors come up for pages so page loads are an issue. Config files are clunky; many lines of code for a single redirect. Access to server is clunky. Notification of Pantheon issues is never timely., like they don't want us to know there are issues until it's undeniable, but it means I spin my wheels when things go wrong...and they go wrong too often. Response times are patchy. Failure get nebulous meaningless unhelpful errors that don't appear in my logs. Support staff are generally good but often contradict each other. Stuff presented at DrupalCon is rarely easily done nor a readily available function. It's not aimed at me as a solo site maintainer, it's aimed at teams with big budgets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out first. Think about what it'll be like when your site is huge. It's damned expensive so think about costs.

Better Drupal solution was the hope...but then I can't even reliably clear caches so I'm not sure I'm getting that.

Pantheon review by User in Internet

"Pantheon makes Wordpress hosting easy"

What do you like best?

Having Git integration with multiple development servers + staging with backups makes it a breeze to manage Wordpress websites. While I currently use Pantheon primarily as the service my company has chosen for Wordpress hosting because of its enterprise features, I would recommend to my freelance clients to host with Pantheon because Git has its obvious benefits and how the file system works, it's much more difficult have a site infected with malware.

What do you dislike?

The backend can be a little clunky, the backups can take a long time and it's a major issue to try to restore a backup time wise, it's faster to clone from the staging server to restore than use a direct backup. Not every plugin you might be accustomed to use with Wordpress works with Pantheon, for example, any plugin which requires write access to the plugin/theme folder simply won't function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend looking into setting up your own integration with Pantheon using Terminus. The default Pantheon workflow is pretty good (but can be multi-dev unfriendly) but where it starts to shine is when you get things set up to automatically where your local dev clones from your staging server and you can easily sync files from server to server. At the default level, there's lots of clicking required in the dashboard.

Pantheon has made it easy to have standards-based workflows and it's possible to tie in your own CI solution over using Pantheon's default set up. Pantheon has made it possible to have multiple devs using a similar setup and workflow while also giving maximum dev flexibility.

Pantheon review by Lissa C.
Lissa C.

"Sleek and simple to use"

What do you like best?

The user-friendly design and the super helpful tutorials are unmatched in any other product I've seen of its type.

What do you dislike?

The price for hosting sites is a bit steep for smaller website owners. However, my high-end clients that have the budget are easily won over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Pantheon to all freelance WordPress Consultants and agencies alike. Especially for clients with bigger budgets and bigger websites.

Free WordPress website staging is invaluable to a freelancers business.

Agency

"I enjoy pantheon a lot."

What do you like best?

The dev environment along with the sftp/git hybrid. Also, free https is awesome.

What do you dislike?

The support that comes from the Philippines. There a guy that, if I get him, I don't feel like he ever understands what my issues are. Also, I understand the price increases, but they way they were rolled out was super confusing and unnecessarily stressful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you go through an agency, this is your best bet.

As far as "business problems", I think the biggest thing is the ability to do https. Most of the solutions our customers are looking for are basic and honestly could be done at any other host... though your my favorite at the moment.

Pantheon review by Thomas H.
Thomas H.

"One click solution"

What do you like best?

Their web interface makes working with multiple sites and multiple environments a breeze. The one click dev environment has become a pivotal part of our workflow.

What do you dislike?

A more integrated CI approach. There are options with their API, but a full solution has to be built on the user side.

I am building website for a plethora of customers. Using Pantheon takes the Dev Ops out of my work cycle and automates much of it.

Pantheon review by Vladimir M.
Vladimir M.

"Safe and robust environment for any type of developers"

What do you like best?

Automatization of deployments, separate environments, git and sftp access, terminal tools

What do you dislike?

Any custom coding eg. submodule in root directory (or eg. executing Drupal from subdir) is not possible or very hard to do. This causes us problem with decoupled installations where we have static frontend and serve Drupal from subdirectory

It is very pleasant that you can start many dev projects and just hand off to clients to pay and take over production environment

Pantheon review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"Reliable Cloud Hosting + Amazing Customer Support"

What do you like best?

Other than it being lightning quick hosting, efficient in spooling up a new WordPress environment for our developers, I'd say Pantheon's team has been some of the most personal, insightful and caring customer service teams I've dealt with.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, price is a little high, but well worth every penny.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Top tier product and service! You won't be disappointed.

Pantheon provides secure, always-on hosting, which solves the peace-of-mind for clients and our devs.

Pantheon review by Ben M.
Ben M.

"An indispensable tool for modern Drupal agencies. "

What do you like best?

It's a platform tuned ideally for Drupal, fully managed, without me having to lift a finger.

What do you dislike?

Pantheon's workflow is a little bit less flexible than some alternatives, namely Platform.sh. Not everyone wants a Dev -> Test -> Live workflow deployed in that way. It would be better if you could define your own deployment workflow to move through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the other comparable services if they interest you (Acquia Cloud, Phatform.sh), but make sure to give Pantheon serious consideration. They've solved many of the problems that I have experienced with other hosting vendors, and their support is incredible. You won't be disappointed.

We're hosting hundreds of sites effortlessly on Pantheon. We moved from maintaining around 125 cloud servers managed with Puppet, spending many hours per week on maintenance and setup, to relying on Pantheon for all of our Drupal hosting and removing that time and effort from us entirely.

Pantheon review by Jonathan G.
Jonathan G.

"Pantheon is the Cadillac of managed WordPress"

What do you like best?

Being able to get a WordPress site with dev, test, and live environments up and running (with backups) in under 15 minutes is fantastic. Doing this manually, would take at least an hour or two.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if Redis was included in the Basic package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Pantheon a try, you can spin up a website or import one into a dev environment, at no cost.

As an agency, reselling Pantheon has helped us significantly reduce the amount of time we spend managing the components require for running our client's websites, including OS patching, database, PHP, web server, backups, and Git repos for dev, test, and live environments.

Pantheon review by Zach S.
Zach S.

"Excellent WordPress and Drupal hosting with built-in deployment workflow"

What do you like best?

I love Pantheon! The team at Pantheon is amazing, and they are constantly innovating to try and make life easier for developer and their clients. Their hosting platform supports both WordPress and Drupal. I've split my review into two sections, one for business owners and one for developers.

Business Owners: Are you sick of having to maintain your servers? Tired of paying a sysadmin to do work that really can be automated these days? Pantheon has your back, and it makes life SO much easier! Plus, with their support for adding team members, you can add your subcontracted developer during your project and, if needed, revoke access at any time. YOU remain in control of your hosting account without having to give a contractor the keys to the kingdom. It's pretty awesome. And their platform scales effortlessly with traffic. Since it's container based, it takes seconds instead of minutes to scale.

Developers: If terms like continuous integration and automated deployment matter to you as a developer, then you need to check Pantheon out now. There are development, testing and live environments built-in as part of the platform. Multidev is a ridiculously convenient feature, too. Want a branch of your code to experiment in? Sure! Instantly create a fork of your entire site with all the performance of your live environment and start deploying and experimenting. STFP. Git. Support for team members with their own credentials. Varnish. Redis. SAML/SSO support. Site monitoring. Intrusion detection. Responsive support from people who actually know what they're talking about. They hit every single feature I'm looking for as a developer.

Summary: Pantheon is a website platform, not a simple hosting environment. Some of the features are nearly magical, and the others are all on the wishlist I've had for my sites for years. I wouldn't believe it existed if I didn't use it! Check it out!

What do you dislike?

I honestly haven't found anything to dislike, but will update if I do!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Migrate a site you have that gets a ton of traffic and look at the performance difference. It's worth taking the extra time to test no matter what platform, but with Pantheon, I was more than pleasantly surprised with the result!

Multidev makes it easy to work with a team. Pricing is very reasonable for what you're getting. Consistently performs in the top 5 of Managed WordPress hosts.

Pantheon review by Gerrit M.
Gerrit M.

"Great for more technically inclined individuals/businesses."

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to have multiple staging environments for my websites. Being able to make changes, test, and then deploy without impacting the live site is a huge advantage.

What do you dislike?

When I first started using Pantheon it was quite confusing to figure out how to move between each staging environment. I had quite a bit of trouble working with Terminus as well. (still have issues on Windows 10)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the documentation carefully to determine if this solution is right for you.

We are able to quickly develop & deploy client websites. We moved away from other providers so that we could have more flexibility with Pantheon.

Pantheon review by User

"pantheon is great"

What do you like best?

one click deploys, integration with lando, drupal core updates, drops 7,8, one click add ons, lots of articles and tutorials on set up, what's not to like!

What do you dislike?

so far nothing, honestly. i'm not well versed in drupal hosting and deployment, best practices, so pantheon has been teaching me a lot

Recommendations to others considering the product

pantheon is an affordable, easy to use, easy to learn option, especially if you have limited devops resources. i've been able to focus on developing my sites and applications without having to be too concerned about implementing continuous integration, monitoring, etc.

i don't currently have any devops resources, so pantheon was a no brainer for me

Pantheon review by Kevin P.
Kevin P.

"Awesome PAAS"

What do you like best?

It's a very stable platform as a service solution. Very good support, excellent documentation. Nice people when talking to them in support or Slack. In summary, they're great!

What do you d