Paper.li

Paper.li uses natural language processing, machine learning and social signals to analyse and extract the most relevant and engaging stories from social media and the web.

Work for Paper.li?

Learning about Paper.li?

Compare Paper.li to Similar Solutions

Paper.li Reviews

Showing 11 Paper.li reviews
Paper.li review by Nigel W.
Nigel W.

"Paper.li great for aggregating theme related news and content"

What do you like best?

I had a free Paper.li account for a year, and liked the way it aggregated news from competitors in a particular niche. But then I realised this would be useful to sales and marketing folk across my industry. So I upgraded to Professional and created http://low-code-daily.com Very easy to do.

I had a few questions for the Paper.li help desk and found them excellent. It was refreshing to deal with a support person that really read, understood and answered each question, instead of wasting my time with poorly thought through responses. Every issue dealt with same day by Julia who is excellent!

They even went the extra mile by customising some CSS to improve how my header looked on mobile.

The result - I now have automated daily topical tweets that my followers seem to appreciate. Followers growing daily. Linkedin likewise. And its led to new business inquiries as well.

I can edit the news headlines, add and remove specific articles incredibly quickly. I've been able to refine the articles I aggregate simply by building a Twitter list and "training" Paper.li's search bot with about eight keywords.

Its a news / social media aggregator, so its not for everyone. If you want to focus on just your company's original content this is not the way to go. Having said that I can seed my own blogs posts and Linkedin articles into the news mix with just 2 clicks.

What do you dislike?

Struggled with the banner heading as I didn't like the default font and wanted 2 text colours. But Paper.li support overcame that issue by tweaking the CSS code for me. Beyond the call. Thank you!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a simple product and quick to set-up. Just be clear who's content you're seeking to promote. If just your own original content this is probably not the way to go.

Creating a useful social media output facility, that is generating followers and click throughs to my website.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Paper.li
Paper.li review by Ann S.
Ann S.

"Great for curating Brand mentions and archiving Twitter chats"

What do you like best?

I've been Paper.li earlier adopter and I know they have gone a long way and I love what they have done. With such a simple idea behind it, you can actually use it for lots of purposes: Automatically curate content using a hashtag, curate media, engage your community to contribute, curate (and publicize) your business social media testimonials. You can even hook it up to your Mailchimp account and use it for lead generation. The support is very good as well: They helped me customize the look of my paper completely for free. They have recently launched responsive themes too.

What do you dislike?

They need to be doing a better job at showcasing how their features can be used. Most users don't see the potential. I think they need more user cases showing different ways brands are using the papers to promote their online presence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a very good free offering: No risks involved. I'd highly recommend to register an account, browse around and set up at least one paper to see where it can be useful. If you run Twitter chats, Paper.li is a must to document each one.

Paper.li automates curation: You set up it once and then it rolls on its own notifying the paper followers of the most recent updates (and even mentioning them in the tweets). It's a good way to grow your brand exposure on auto-pilot.

What Content Marketing solution do you use?

Paper.li review by Administrator

"Simple-to-use curator of content"

What do you like best?

Pulls content based off criteria relevant to your business offerings. Can add sources, keywords, etc. to refine the type of curated content.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little cumbersome looking. The free features limit the design and ease of use. The ads are a little annoying for people visiting the paper's page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Making improvements as time goes by. Hopefully they broaden their ability to stream across more networks and add additional customization (whitelisting, layouts, design, etc.)

Curated content that's super easy to pull from. The automatic tweeting of the issues is nice and adds to engagement online.

Paper.li review by Paige G.
Paige G.

"Paper.li is little more than a basic curator "

What do you like best?

I used paper.li as an automated service to post repurposed content to my followers on Twitter. If you set new content to be delivered every day, it does exactly that.

What do you dislike?

There's no original content within the paper.li system. You're only reposting other users' content. If you're trying to appear to be an expert in a certain industry, circulating poorly edited content is not the way to go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're searching for custom content, I would turn to an agency or Skyword or Scripted or Content Quotes. If you're just trying to circulate content that already exists, then paper.li will meet your needs.

I was searching for a new tool to generate content inexpensively on our social media profiles. Paper.li was not successful in filling that need.

Paper.li review by Amy M.
Amy M.

"Nice paper "

What do you like best?

You can curate a paper automatically, or if you pay control it's content in depth.

It autoshares to your network and engages the people it pulled articles from.

What do you dislike?

Not much control over free version. You get a lot more featured and control if you need it with an upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would uses the pay version if you want to establish a serious news or paper. But it is worth it either way.

It gave me free exposure and helped me network with people in my field on twitter! The benefits were more following and interactions.

Paper.li review by User

"Keeps Twitter active"

What do you like best?

Keeps my Twitter active/reaches clients.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes picks up inappropriate content

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to occasionally refine and manage your settings to keep things on track.

Some Twitter users use management software that automatically unfollows inactive accounts. This makes sure I’m never inactive for more than a couple of days. Plus the content engages clients & fellow businesses.

Paper.li review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"I loved it when it first came out but don't find it useful now"

What do you like best?

The user experience is great. It's super easy to set up and very streamlined.

What do you dislike?

I think it's lacking in content sources and doesn't have much benefit to the end-user.

I wanted to be able to curate content for followers but I felt like this publishing tool was not really worth it for me or my audience.

Paper.li review by Agency in Banking
Agency in Banking

"A functional, effective content curator"

What do you like best?

It can be super simple to select, collate and present a variety of content pieces via a customizable online paper format.

What do you dislike?

Sharing via social requires a lot of customization to not appear spammy. I've seen far too many instances of people creating a basic Paper.li page and spamming their social networks everytime something is posted.

From a curation standpoint, it helps to collect information. Some of our employees have tried this to create their own personalized accounts and build thoughts leadership.

Paper.li review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Paper.li is a simple way to curate content."

What do you like best?

The simplicity of using the service to curate from different sources.

What do you dislike?

At times irrelevant links will slip through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take care when choosing where to curate from.

Can provide additional value to followers on your social channels.

Paper.li review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Quick little news aggregator"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it's super easy to create and publish an online news desk (or newspaper) of both curated and original content.

What do you dislike?

The layout isn't the "sexiest," but it's definitely more functional.

I've used paper.li for quick curation of topic-specific content. It's an easy tactic for PR + comms pros to get influencers to notice you.

Paper.li review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Great Collection Tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to gather keyword-relevant news of the day.

What do you dislike?

The inability to preview paper before it is posted.

Increasing our social media outreach by connecting with others and getting in on the conversation.

Learning about Paper.li?

* We monitor all Paper.li reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Paper.li to Similar Solutions