Paperport Professional

Paperport Professional is a desktop document management solution that allows you to manage and organize your documents in one solution.

Work for Paperport Professional?

Learning about Paperport Professional?

Paperport Professional Reviews

Showing 6 Paperport Professional reviews
Paperport Professional review by <span>mayra c.</span>
mayra c.

"what would i do with out paperport!"

What do you like best?

everything! paperport make my life SO MUCH EASIER! from been able to stack and unstack documents to edit the order to going from first page to last! to been able to easy combine documents! everything! its amazing! I use paperport for when faxing large documents instead of having to print everything out this is amazing! lets me combine documents if i need to remove a page i just go to the page and it lets me take it out! i mean what other software lets you do that! its amazing! from stacking to unstackking! amazing! when you have multiple scan documents and you need to separeted them how do you do that? other than having to scan each individual document! but with paperport nope! you can scan as a bunk and then separeta as you need! how coool!!! also paperport makes it so easy to print and everything right from the app!

What do you dislike?

some times it makes it hard because on my paperport the icons are enlarge and some are really small and i have no idea on how to fix that. also in the past it had and option from an icon on microsoft word and now it doesnt not sure why.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i recommend it! you don't know what you are missing until you try out paperport! it will make your life 100 times easier if you are an administrator and have to work with a lot of scanning and files editing organizing, or just in general anyone! i love this software i dont know what i would do without it!

stacking and unstacking documents intead of having to rescan everything again i can do that with paperport!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Paperport Professional
Paperport Professional review by <span>Diane D.</span>
Diane D.

"Best Document Manager, Editor & Scanning Tool"

What do you like best?

I have used Paperport since its inception through all of its ownership changes. I use an earlier version which has more options that have since been removed. It is such a versatile software program that it is really more like a software suite than a single standalone.

I scan all my law practice and personal documents and organize them using Paperport's robust folder structure manager. You can intuitively view all files in the folder as live thumbnails of every file type, and preview images as well. They can quickly be organized by standard category types such as most recent, alpha, etc.

You can edit pdfs, almost any image file, and also instantly convert almost any software file to another format from within Paperport (you are really just initiating the conversion here by adding all of your software programs to its "Send To" dialog Bar. It's built-in image editor does almost anything I could need for everyday use, and I otherwise use Photoshop for only more complex image editing.

Paperport's scan manger is also my favorite and i have been using it since the late 1990s. I always use the advanced scan manager so that i can customize each scan whether by flatbed or document feeder, and whether color image, black &white pdf, or the myriad of other settings that you can personalize as your favorites. It has worked with every printer or scanner I have ever owned, including Lexmark, HP, etc.

But the star of the software in my opinion is the PDF Viewer Plus software included in this bundle. The editing capabilities of PDF Viewer Plus is astounding and is valuable in and of itself as standalone software. I can so easily edit, convert, and manipulate files that it is scary. I don't even use Acrobat anymore. The most important feature that I use is to (legally) insert client signatures into pdfs from image files that i created from scans, utilizing the Stamp feature. Also has great notation, annotation, and comment features.

There is also a Paperport Anywhere sync feature worth mentiooning.

I cannot impress upon you enough how this is one of my top 4 can't-live-without software programs.

What do you dislike?

The Search feature could be more effective but is still pretty good. It's "All-In-One" search is of course dependent upon the documents that are able to be recognized by its built-in OCR function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump in!

This software serves as my main document manager and organizer for my boutique law practice, my professional organizations that i run, as well as for my personal life.

I am utilizing this software instead of more costly law practice software, or alternate options to manage and organize folders, files, and their contents.

What Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution do you use?

Paperport Professional review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Love the program but needs updating!"

What do you like best?

I have used Paperport for many years and it has been my go to for document storage and management. I love the simplicity of the software and and the ability to drag and drop documents to move and stack.

What do you dislike?

The top dislike I have with Paperport is that it has been stuck on version 14 for years. It needs to be updated badly to stay relevant. Also it would help if it had better network support,

Recommendations to others considering the product

The program is good, just don't know if there is a future for this great program or not.

I use Paperport everyday to scan in, and manage all of my paperwork, and documents so that I don't have to keep piles of papers.

Paperport Professional review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Most Features are an assett, but has a few faults"

What do you like best?

That a pdf document can be edited to remove or add items. Also like that several folders can be created within paperport to manage projects and tasks accordingly

What do you dislike?

If too much in folders, the program crashes. It is not been to have too much stored/folder system

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cost of the software is very affordable. But if want something more reliable, you may want to look at other options if willing to pay a higher price.

Works great when sending out invoices or documents to insured that need to be cleaned up so codes and symbols can be removed and plain language added so the customer can understand what they are reading.

Paperport Professional review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Used to be good not so much anymore"

What do you like best?

The 12 ond was a great software that I used to edit my pdf files.

What do you dislike?

The 14 is a nightmare, it was hard to install, keeps crashing and I keep loosing pages in pdf files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the Paperport 12 that actually worked. Don’t update to the 14.

It used to solve problems well in terms of editing pdf’s. No benefits anymore really after I updated the software, only if I spend a lot of exta time and efforts will I get the work done.

Paperport Professional review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Paperport Professional"

What do you like best?

Paperport allows me to scan documents to pdf, black & white or color, stack and unstack, convert some pdf to Word and other formats, create fillable forms. It allows me to easily select a folder on my drive to save a doc directly to.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had OCR capability. I wish it had better conversion to Word.

Easy document storage and access. It allows me to select any folder on my drive to save a document to.

Learning about Paperport Professional?

* We monitor all Paperport Professional reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.