PaperSave

PaperSave is a complete document management, electronic workflow and transaction (invoice and gift) automation solution, for Microsoft Dynamics and Blackbaud.

Work for PaperSave?

Learning about PaperSave?

PaperSave Reviews

Ask PaperSave a Question
Showing 21 PaperSave reviews
PaperSave review by Robert M.
Robert M.

"Going Paperless"

What do you like best?

We have been using PaperSave on a very limited bases to just scan documents for the last several years. I have recently expanded our use of PaperSave to utilize the built-in capabilities of Workflow and have expanded Workflow with the added module of Auto-Entry. It has significantly reduced the amount of photo coping and manual routing of documents throughout our organization. I have implemented the use of Auto-Entry for Accounts Payable which has reduced the duplication of data entry and has assisted with the tracking of invoices.

What do you dislike?

Now that we have expanded the use of PaperSave into other areas of our organizations processes with the utilizing of Workflows, the application tends to be a bit of a glitch at times with no explainable reason. The workflows do not seem to move items through the system as smooth as I would expect all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1) Ensure to have current paper flow processes documented 2) Vision as to how you want paper processes to flow 3) Utilize resources of existing PaperSave clients to recommendation of best practices

Documentation retrieval is quicker, reduction in storing paper documents, electronically routing documents for approval and auto entry into financial accounting system. Reduction in duplication of data entry and saved the need to hire additional staff. Electronic tracking of documents, no longer a scavenger hunt to find who has what.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PaperSave
PaperSave review by Joel R.
Joel R.

"Implementation and Consultant Review"

What do you like best?

Honestly it's hard to pick out just one feature that I like best as the program as a whole is just extremely well built. I would say the integration with GP and CRM and other ERP systems helps a lot, along with being able to build custom workflows to suit your organizational needs is great.

What do you dislike?

In all honesty I don't have anything that I really don't dislike, again it is a really well rounded product that provides ROI in so many different ways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a solution that allows you to keep documents at your finger tips and streamline document control in our organization this I would highly recommend PS as a first step to get there.

File space, who wants file cabinents around the office anymore, we all want the info at our finger tips and with PS one can do that. Auto entry, not having to retype in data multiple times and having PS integrate directly with your host application. Mobility is also key these days as well.

What Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution do you use?

PaperSave review by Amanda R.
Amanda R.

"The name says it all"

What do you like best?

I don't have to: file papers, look for papers at different locations, get out of my cubicle to get signatures, ask to borrow a file from anyone, or wonder where an item is at in the approval process. It's all at your fingertips!

What do you dislike?

The system lags at times, not good when trying to get things done during crunch time. Have to reset PaperSave applications when this happens, takes about 10-15 minutes to get going again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to save space from file cabinets, don't want to go looking through files to find one piece of paper, or asking around the office on who has that particular item you are needing, then this is they system you want!

Approval process took several attempts to get it just they way we want/need it to go, but we finally got it down and it runs smooth. For most, takes a good 2 months to get use to. Others that are less tech savvy take a few months longer...from company experience.

"PaperSave"

What do you like best?

The Click once install

Approval and rejection

Document display

Use of ribbon functions, Actions Navigation's and Annotation.

What do you dislike?

Way too complicated with a lot of code behind, should be more simpler and utilize less code so that people can use it more efficiently.

Should be email Invoice approval.

Having trouble opening files in the web workflow

Security not good enough, cannot tie it down as security is more important

Department routing should be very flexible, Once the user is deleted it should delete all the traces of that user rather then going and deleting each thing separate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Still not practical on how the A/p Department works, need to look at the department functions and then design.

Still in a process, after each Implementation you guys should send a PaperSave Personnel to evaluate the implementation and make the customer happy, which is not the case. After a partner implements the solution you should check to see if all is implemented good according to the norms on how the application should work.

PaperSave review by User

"PaperSave is a wonderful tool to have."

What do you like best?

We like the fact that everything is at your fingertips and just a few clicks away. We love not having to go to filing cabinets and dig through papers to find what you are looking for. It is such a time saver.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about this system at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It is an amazing system.

This is a system that we can save all paper documents in one location. You can easily run a query to find a document that you may need. We are also eliminating the need for file cabinets, since everything is scanned and stored in PaperSave. It allows you to be much more efficient in your job duties. When someone needs a document, it is just a few clicks away. Also, there is no need to print anything. You can just open the document, save, and email it.

PaperSave review by Carlene J.
Carlene J.

"Incredibly handy paperless tool!"

What do you like best?

When it comes time to audit, I could query for certain gifts in Raiser's Edge and then export to PDF from the query all of the gift documentation which related to those gifts. LIFE CHANGING!

What do you dislike?

We had difficulty setting the program up and getting everything to work properly with the scanner. Though I imagine that this has improved over the years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If one is a Raiser's Edge user this is really the only tool out there. There is a free product made my Omatic Software called Magic Folder which is fine for very small shops with not much documentation to attach.

No more hunting around for mis-filed paperwork! It has cut down on paper storage, human error and has increase efficiency.

"Helpful program"

What do you like best?

I like having backup at my fingertips and not having to save paper copies. You can set it to prompt you on transactions. Workflow makes it quick to attach documents to charges and credits.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could default my saved view in document explorer. I don't need all the columns and I have to apply each time to quickly glance at the files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program if you want to reduce paper copies and storage space. Convenient for having everything in one place. You can organize document explorer to fit your needs. Scan and workflow saves time when entering data.

Reduce paper copies and file cabinet use. Going back years to view backup documents. Having to scan attachments multiple times when doing charges.

PaperSave review by Kerri K.
Kerri K.

"This is a very user friendly great program."

What do you like best?

I love that I have everything I need in my accounting system at my fingertips.

What do you dislike?

I can't add items on the fly in every window in GP

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are doubting which product to use. Don't doubt this one. It exceeds our companies expectations.

We have solved a lot of issues with our auditors. We give them access to our system and they can print off what they need. It has saved time on our end and theirs.

"Invoice Automation- workflow"

What do you like best?

The ability to store and route invoices for approvals being automated is great. Much simpler than scanning invoices, emailing them out for approvals and repeatedly having to follow up on them for approvals.

What do you dislike?

The Enter/Match side for po invoices isn't as clean cut as the regular invoice workflow and entry. This isn't due to PaperSave, it's just the way it accesses our PO system information- and then doesn't show a total due for the entry screen.

AP Invoice workflow automation, Contract storage with the ability to sort and view by terms, ending dates, etc. GL account reconciliation routing for review and approvals on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.

PaperSave review by Administrator

"PaperSave has some good features, but seriously slow"

What do you like best?

The ability to review invoices with just a click...also seeing the history of a document, and the way it integrates with our accounting platform (very user friendly)

What do you dislike?

*slowness of the program

*unexpected crashes

*closing the loop on follow-up with tickets submitted to support

*the fields in the document profile metadata are placed out of order if you were an AP person - slows down efficiency

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend knowing who the players are first. Buy the product if t fits your company's needs, but test it first before rolling it out.

*system crashing

*cloud server issues

*hardly any communication ahead of time for maintenance

"One Stop Reference"

What do you like best?

I am able to filter by my branch and see what are my exceptions. I can also clear duplicates exceptions.

What do you dislike?

The speed of how fast my branch is filtered from other branches. If I am in my exceptions and would like to go to my branch Enter Match Flow, it can take quite some time.

I am able to inquire about missing items that AP has that I have yet to receive sometimes due to backorder or misplacement.

"PaperSave Review"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to find a document in GP once it has been scanned by PaperSave.

What do you dislike?

I would like a report that I could print all payables that I have approved through PaperSave.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend PaperSave to other users. I think it is easy to use.

We have improved AP. We have payables scanned into GP. PaperSave send the purchaser an email to approve the invoice and then the invoice is paid.

"Complete Package"

What do you like best?

Papersave works well with our financial system allowing us to view documents associated various items. The support is exceptional as well.

What do you dislike?

Overall everything works well, but from time to time we do have issues with connecting to our main application. That is where support really shines though.

Minimize paper documentation and allow easy access to scanned documents via papersave integration with our main accounting application.

PaperSave review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"PaperSave is not what they use to be . . ."

What do you like best?

The Financial Edge Auto Entry integration.

What do you dislike?

Pre-sales, installation process and support.

Accounts payable workflow which is excellent! We've taken paper approvals out of the building.

PaperSave review by Nordia C.
Nordia C.

"Very Efficent"

What do you like best?

The quick pop ups, and reminders to save documents

What do you dislike?

Sometimes slows down our accounting system

Quick access to documents during an audit

"Good product"

What do you like best?

It simplifies our documentation process.

What do you dislike?

Awkward to get used to; many steps involved. Documents do not always display immediately without going through additional steps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you get accustomed to using it, it's a great product for documentation.

It makes our annual audit procedure much simpler, having the documentation in a convenient place.

"PaperSave Use"

What do you like best?

It is easy to scan into the software and retrieve when needed.

What do you dislike?

The site seems to be down a lot in the past so you have to go back and scan items at a later time.

being able to print items quickly when requested is a huge benefit.

PaperSave review by Administrator

"PaperSave with Raiser's Edge 7"

What do you like best?

Seeing documents attached straight to our constituent records

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are issues after PaperSave does maintenance

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful for seeing documentation directly connected to related items in our database

We are scanning documentation to PaperSave. Getting rid of loads of paper documents

PaperSave review by Administrator in Farming
Administrator in Farming

"Papersave Review"

What do you like best?

Streamlines the process of approving/rejecting invoices and ideally saves on paper.

What do you dislike?

There are some errors during the workflow processes. The support team will help you resolve them.

It integrates with the current accounting system and helps with reporting.

PaperSave review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Integrated with Donor Database Software"

What do you like best?

Hard copy files have greatly decreased since integrating PaperSave with our donor database software.

What do you dislike?

When running through another program, we have had problems with PaperSave moving very slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use. Works well with Raisers Edge software.

Large decrease in donor paper files needing to be saved. Helped transition foundation from paper based records.

"excellent product"

What do you like best?

can easily look at documents by choosing action, gifts, constituents

What do you dislike?

cannot add document in a batch without having previously scanned item and use papersave workflow

everyone can see documents attached to record

Learn more about PaperSave

PaperSave Videos

Learning about PaperSave?

* We monitor all PaperSave reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
PaperSave